User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

TriNessa Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 238 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for TriNessa to treat Birth Control

"I've been taking Trinessa for the past 14 months now. It's the first oral birth control I've ever been on, so at first I thought it was normal. I knew when my period was coming, it kept me from getting pregnant, and it cleared up my face. However, ever since I've been taking it, my anxiety has reached a whole new level. Not to mention, I have depression for the first time in my life. I have had suicidal thoughts, I've felt my self esteem go down, and I've felt irritable towards nearly everyone in my life. It has affected a lot of my close relationships, such as my boyfriend who is constantly having to put up my depression and anxiety attacks. I would consider another pill if you have these issues."

Anonymous- August 6, 2016

"I've came to my end of my first month on this, I started taking it to help reglate my period. It has helped do that! But the Anxitey and depression has been on high, I get crazy moods where I can't stand anyone & I don't want to be around anyone. I feel more bloded since taking them."

Anonymous August 3, 2016

"I have been on trinessa for about 10 months and I have had a good experience! This is the first birth control ive ever taken. My whole life I have had very regular, easy periods. I used to have cramps the first day and would last about 6 days. now my period lasts about 4 days with and I don't have any cramps! My acne is loads better, my boobs got bigger. I gained about 5 pounds but have also slipped on my healthy eating/ working out so that could also be why. I take it at 7pm every night because I did feel slightly nauseous when I took it in the morning when I first started taking trinessa. I sleep great, my anxiety is actually better. Overall a good experience- my only complaint is that I seem to cry/ get more emotional over silly things!"

Chelstom July 30, 2016

"I've been on all kinds of birth control since having my son 21 years ago. I got on Trinessa cause my current insurance doesn't cover for the Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo I was on before. I'm almost 40 and have had a problem with acne my whole life, even while being on the Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo. Well I am VERY happy with Trinessa because my face has cleared up & looks beautiful for the 1st time in my life! My periods only last 4 days which is awesome. So far I've been on Trinessa almost a year & will definitely continue it."

Marlys16 July 29, 2016

"I was on Tri-Cyclen before I moved and lost health insurance. Immediately after losing health insurance, my doctor moved me to Trinessa, the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, without consenting me. I liked Ortho TCLo because I had no side effects and it cleared my adult acne. I cannot stand Trinessa. Although my acne is still clear, my mood swings are unpredictable and heavy. I am normally a strong and reliable person. I am constantly dealing with jaded, cynical thoughts, oversleeping and utter lack of positivism. I will be switching back to Ortho TCLo even though the costs are astronomical without health insurance."

Anon_2016 July 19, 2016

"I have only been on trinessa for 2 months now and Its really nice. I have never really had much in the way of acne but with this I never even get a pimple. My periods are 3-4 days, pretty light with no cramps. The first couple weeks I completely lost an appetite and lost a couple pounds but now I'm back to normal. No complaints!!"

Megan1996 July 9, 2016

"I haven't had any of the horrible side effects alot of people wrote about on here. I have almost finished the light blue pills. The only problem I had was a slight discomfort in the bottom of my belly the first couple days. I haven't had any breakouts but I got a cyst on my forehead the first week. I left it alone and it went away. I haven't had any nausea. I take the pill at breakfast with eggs and toast or sometimes just peanutbutter toast. So for anyone who is scared about taking birth control now please realize most people who review drugs have something negative to say. Don't be afraid to protect yourself."

Forever_young2016 July 7, 2016

"Well I haven't gotten pregnant, so I guess it's probably doing what it should. But since being on the drug, I have restless nights where I wake up constantly feeling naesous. Sometimes it'll be at 4 AM and then I just can't get back to sleep after it. As for my acne, it seemed to clear up a bit at first but right around the time my period is starting, it gets horrible again. I don't like it at all."

libby567 July 5, 2016

"Nausea, migraines, upset stomach. In general I'm very unhappy. Living in hell. Nine pills to go before placebo and I will continue just because don't want to get pregnant."

Chellange (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

"I have taken this pill for 11 years. I got on it after the birth of my first son on 2005. I have had no problems and I like that my cycles are light and last for only 4 days. I got off the pill in 2008 for a planned pregnancy. I got pregnant right away had my second son in 2009 and went right back on this pill and have had no problems at all. I am hoping to have another successful planned pregnancy so I am currently off the pill but I plan on going back on them. I am completely satisfied."

misslady82 (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2016

"I switched to Trinessa 28's last week of April and I am very content! After the birth of my child in December I tried the shot and it was the worst ever...I lost tons of hair and constantly bled almost the whole 3 months, mood swings, and the list goes on...Well first week of Trinessa I did get some headaches and a bit of nausea but nothing I couldn't tolerate. I do take them at night before bed, which in my opinion is the best time! Within the first month my mood swings were gone, noticed hair growth and reduction in hair loss, first period was only 4 days and not too heavy but maybe 2nd day only. For me Trinessa is wonderful and has worked wonders! And also no copay covered at 100% with my insurance!"

kdmej (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

"Doc prescribed ortho-tri lo but my insurance paid for this alternative. After 2 weeks of taking this pill, I've had cramps and spotting every day and feel very bloated and irritable. I have a call into my doctor asking if I should see it through and hope things improve or just stop and get this out of my system. Frustrating."

cew18 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

"I have been on this pill for about 2 1/2 months and compared to my previous prescription (which I had no period, just spotting at the end of the month) this is horrible. The only time i don't bleed is during the first week of pills. Then it's light bleeding the second week and gets heavier with each week's pill. I can see how it's good for birth control. Who's going to have sex when they're bleeding all the time?"

Breonna J (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

"This works wonders with my acne, but it makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. Nausea and vomiting the first couple months but only on occasion. Abnormal bleeding began and continued for almost three months, discontinued and started taking it again, and now I have bled for a month..."

knd14 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2016

"I've been on the pill for a month started my second month, and almost finished with week one. So far my cramps have still been horrible, and my acne has worsen since I've been on the pill. Hoping for changes the third month!"

Sadie0111 June 2, 2016

"I was prescribed Trinessa by my doctor in September of 2015 and have been taking it ever since. This is the only form of birth control that I have been on, which is why I gave it 9/10. It works very well. Prior to taking Trinessa, I had some acne but ever since, I have clear skin and rarely ever get a pimple. I had one minor headache when I first began taking this medicine but have not had one since. Make sure that you eat before or immediately after taking the pill, otherwise you will feel nauseous. My periods are much lighter and cramps are almost nonexistent. I definitely recommend this as a birth control."

Lil A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 25, 2016

"I started Trinessa a month and a half ago after being on Ortho Tri cyclen Lo for a year. So far it's been great with helping my painful periods, clearing up acne, and preventing pregnancy. The only complaint I have is the slight nausea every now and then along with feeling fatigued, I assume this should go away the more I use it so right now it's a waiting game. Other than that I like it."

flyhi23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

"I have little to no acne thanks to these. The only problem I face is bloating"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

"Bad nausea, depression, anxiety, swollen face, and INSANE mood swings. I honestly feel like this birth control is ruining my life and I haven't even completed an entire month."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

"I've been on this for a month and a half. At first it made me nauseous everyday but just in the mornings. I take the pill at dinner time. The nausea has gone away the second month. It seemed like my boobs did get fuller. But my mood swings were bad! First month I felt like I hated everyone especially my fiancé. Felt more depressed then usual and wanted to cry a lot. I knew I was being moody and stuck with pill another month to see if my mood leveled out. So far in my second month I am still extra sensitive and cry easily."

Annie-girl May 7, 2016

"sore extremely sore nipples moody tired so tired"

shananana May 6, 2016

"Ever since I got on Trinessa, horrible experience by far! I'm nauseated all the time even with a meal, even changed times to see if that would help. Nothing worked. and I have anxiety, that went up so much ever since I've being taking Trinessa. I don't feel motivated to do anything. I just don't feel myself. I'm officially tossing this out I have 6 more pills left not worth it!!!"

Merrily1234 April 26, 2016

"My insurance changed my prescription from OTC Lo to TriNessa. TriNessa is effective in the sense that it has prevented unwanted pregnancy, however, for the last four months I have been on this medication, I have been feeling bloated and nauseous every single day. For the first two months, I would take pregnancy tests because I thought I was pregnant. I have changed the time I take this medicine from early morning to taking it at night before bed; I make sure I don't take it on an empty stomach. Nothing I have done seem to alleviate this problem. This has not help the situation in the bed room. I have this medication change to OTC Lo and just paid the high copayments monthly."

Nauseous All the Time (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2016

"I've been on TriNessa for a year and a half now. It's prevented pregnancy, made my boobs bigger, and made my periods more regular and lighter. However, I have been severely depressed and anxious. I never realized it that it was because of TriNessa due to the fact that I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for 7 years now. However, ever since I started I have been so anxious that, at one point, I was border-line anorexic from being nauseous with no appetite, I've had severe sleep disorders that have stemmed from the anxiety and depression, and I've had serious thoughts of suicide on multiple occasions. DO NOT take TriNessa if you have a history of anxiety or depression!!!"

Kat Michele April 23, 2016

"I have never really been able to take birth control because it makes me unbearably moody and depressed. Trinessa seems to be doing the same thing. I have been taking this pill for about a week now and I don't feel like I want to do anything and I seem to be unusually frustrated with everyone and everything. I'm not sure if this will get better or if it will continue to make me feel this way. Judging from the other comments on this pill, people have been having the same problem."

Anonymous April 22, 2016