User Reviews for TriNessa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about TriNessa.

TriNessa Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 262 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for TriNessa to treat Birth Control

"TriNessa was a miracle worker! It helped my periods, my breakouts, and caused me NO weight gain!! I would definitely recommend to anybody."

hmsalyer (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Okay, so, I've been taking this birth control for five years now. It does it's job at preventing pregnancy. Been with my boyfriend for three years, never used a condom, never pregnant. That's basically the only good thing about it. My acne has been terrible the entire time I've used this birth control. My mood swings are insane, cramping makes me nauseous, and I would bleed for five to seven days. I'm diagnosed with depression, and I noticed the week before my period I would get insanely depressed. I'm guessing it was this birth control, considering it happened every month during the last week of pills. Switching over to Yasmin to see how that works."

Mikkii505 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is my first contraception pill. I have had great experience. I have been using it for little over a year. First two months were little unusual, in a sense I was overly sensitive and emotional. However, after that its line I am not using any pills. No pain, no weight gain, no any side effect. Oh my boobs did get bigger since I started using them, but I don't think that was a bad side effect. My husband def likes it :)"

AIR78696 November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was the first birth control pill I was ever put on. It was great for that purpose (controlling birth) but caused me to have WEEK LONG periods. Seriously, bleeding for 7 days straight. It was terrible so I got switched to a form of Loestrin. I never had issues with acne on this medication which was great, so definitely good for that. Maybe it was just me but I had to get off of it because the week-long periods were so terrible. Going to try mononessa next because I have bad acne right now. Wish I could go back to this expect I cannot deal with the periods it gave me..."

Shreyaaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My first month was fine! I am a very emotional person and prone to anxiety attacks, and it never made it worse! Almost felt like it made it better... HOWEVER, after the first month, I started having itchy skin, vaginal discharge, vaginal burning and irritation, hives all over my body, eczema on MY FINGERS! Really weird stuff... went to the doctor and got tested for EVERYTHING! including STDS. All negative. The only thing we could think of was this birth control. Kept taking it for a third month, symptoms got worse, even started gaining weight and acne! Stopped taking it on a Saturday, it is now Thursday: Most all symptoms are gone. It had to be the BC..."

Messed up my whole body... October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been on the Depo shot for about 8 years, when I switched to the Nexplanon implant. That was the worst decision I ever made. I had never been so depressed or sore or had to deal with out of control periods until I got it in inserted. I couldn't deal with it anymore, so I told my doctor that Orthotricyclen Lo had worked well before (I didn't want to do the shot again for various reasons - mainly work-related) so I requested to be put back on that. I have super predictable periods again, I'm far less depressed than I used to be, and my skin has NEVER been this clear before. The ONLY thing I hate about it is the fact that my breasts hurt all the time. There are very few moments when they don't hurt. More pros than cons for me, though."

ChewieWillows October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey ladies. I was using orthotricyclin for about 2 or 3 years. I absolutely LOVED it. Before birth control my periods used to be really heavy and sometimes I'd go 2 or 3 months with out one (Which is super scary if you're sexually active). On tricyclin my period started on the morning after I took the 3rd green pill every month. It was perfect. The new pharmacy I started going to didn't carry tricyclin, only trinessa. I was hesitant since my body was already used to the other birth control so I took about a year off. Just recently I started trinessa. On the first month, my period was normal. My depression and anxiety are MUCH better than when I wasn't using BC. On my second month now and everything is great! Can't tell a difference from orthotricyclin!"

Leigh0116 October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"TriNessa was the first birth control I had ever been on. I took it for almost a year and had to stop. I suffer from anxiety and depression. My periods were really awful before TriNessa and when I started taking it they were easy and manageable. My skin was glowing and clear. TriNessa made my anxiety and depression so much worse. I cried all the time I had panic attacks and mood swings multiple times a day. I also gained about 15 pounds. I have not tried birth control since, I am so scared that it will be anything similar to trinessa because it isn't worth it."

bribri567989 September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Pros- predictable periods, clear skin Cons- 20lb weight gain, increased anxiety, worsened depression, very irritable, exhausted, insomnia and heavy, long periods."

Danielle1992 September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey everyone. So I have been taking birth control for the last 8 years for my period. I was having a period every two weeks so I was put on the pill when I was 13. I am 21 years old now. I got put on Tri-nessa about two years ago. I don't remember the name of my birth control before then. But it worked so well for me, cleared my acne, easy periods, no problems....until last week. I got admitted into the hospital on Friday for a blood clot in my left lung. I have no family history of clots and I don't smoke so they ruled it that it was the birth control. I wanted people to know to be careful. Because I'm so young to have something like this happen. So please take with caution. It's a very slim chance but it happened to me."

Najdndufbfh August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using trinessa for 2 months now and my acne is almost completely nonexistent. I do get a couple zits around my period but other than that I'm cleared up. Only downside is that I start spotting a week before my period but I also haven't been taking for 3 months yet so I may stop spotting early. Other than that I don't have any noticeable symptoms and my periods are much more manageable, I used to have horrid cramps but not anymore!"

roraaa (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I absolutely love trinessa!!!! I am a 25 year old woman with no kids with previous issues of no period/late period/long period/breakouts all the time & constant bloating almost all the time. Trinessa has cleared my bloating, my acne, and my periods!!!! I absolutely love it!!! But I do remember at first it was the hell, I would have headaches and I would feel like I need to throw up "

C.ram15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Trinessa because I had horrible cramps to the point where I would lay on the bathroom floor for days, and my doctor said that it would fix this. Although it lessened this symptom somewhat, I have had insane mood swings, depression, and nausea. Crying for no reason with depressing thoughts for 10-14 days is not worth a little less stomach pain every month. I'm going to try to switch brands soon."

:) (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I switched to this birth control after being on the same one for 7 years. I changed because my other one was giving me extreme headaches when I went to the sugar pill. Trinessa has given me horrible breakouts and I've always had really good skin. The main reason I will be switching is because of my horrible mood swings. I am annoyed and irate 24/7. It's horrible. I'm going to go back to higher dosage of pills to get my hormones under control."

Emma R August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Trinessa for about 5 or 6 months. I've gotten extreme head aches and mood swings. I've never had a panic or anxiety attack before and every month I've been having terrible panic attacks. I also experience really bad bloating. I will be switching off of this pill!"

Megs.M July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started taking this to avoid getting pregnant. First two weeks I had horrible headaches which would turn into migraines. I also started breaking out in acne everywhere. I have not had been skin since high school, but now its all over my face, chest, and back. Nothing helps to get rid of it. I drink plenty of water use the usual creams and soaps and still have acne in exactly the same places for the past month. Only plus is that my period is very light and only lasts four days."

Rhina Rae June 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I wanted to share my review with trinessa. I came here to read some reviews about 5 months ago or so I was scared to try this birth control my insurance made me switch from OrthoTriCyclenLo (after over 5 years). First month I immediately started breaking out like crazy and it only worsened as the time went by. By the third month I did not want to go out and show my face it was awful. But I did not want to give up on this birth control it should be almost indentical to ortho right so why wouldnt it work for me. I almost gave up on it until the fourth month my skin started to clear up. The redness is now completely gone my skin is soft glowing I am going into my 5th month now my skin feels amazing. I would suggest to give it some time."

OliviaAce June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I first started this birth control two years ago when I became sexually active. Children are not in my near future. Trinessa has been nothing but good for me! No bad side effects at all. I am a healthy 19 year old female and would recommend this drug to any woman who is looking to protect themselves."

Emily C. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Trinessa was great at first! I have always had pretty good skin and it has not altered that. I did not gain weight and my period was lighter. Unfortunately, I experienced a lot more cons than pros. First, I noticed that I was unable to control my blood pressure. It was to the point where I almost needed pills for my blood pressure and I have never had problem previously. Aside from the blood pressure I was over emotional. I'm a very outgoing person but I found it hard to be around others these past few months because I was annoying! I cried about everything. I was supremely jealous if my friends hung out without me, and I'm never like that. I would get sad in the middle of the day or night with no explanation. I feel a tremendous change after stopping"

ZayJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I switched from Vestura (generic Yaz) to this due to sudden breakthrough bleeding, which only begun years after I started Vestura. I went to my doctor to nip the situation in the bud and she told me she hates prescribing any form of Yaz/Yazmin to her patients anymore because it comes with so many warnings / side effects. Trinessa has been awesome so far - little to no PMS (aside from some bloating, but no birth control can seem to alleviate that for me) and it has worked wonders on my hormonal acne-prone skin - I've not had a break out of any kind since I started a couple months ago. Best of all, no weird breakthrough bleeding. I've also noticed that I'm far less lethargic and foggy on this birth control compared to Yaz. I'm pleased!"

88mal88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's been really good still I stopped taking the birth control pill I got acne again, my period was late by 10 days and it lasted for 3 days only. I'm going to see a gyno again soon because I'm worry"

Unicorn_1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Trinessa for about two months now and have had zero issues. The first couple weeks I had slight nausea and mood swings, nothing crazy, probably my body getting used to it. I haven't gained any weight (but I am a college athlete so I do exercise quite a bit). I have noticed my hunger is more often than before but I just snack a little to relieve it. I watch what I eat so I don't gain weight. All in all everything's been perfect no complaints."

Running girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on TriNessa for 3 months. My insurance no longer covers Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and I've been told this is the closest generic to Tri Cyclen Lo. It's been terrible. I've been emotional, sad and irritable. I have highs and lows throughout the day. I've had very depressing thoughts. I have cramps the first day of my menstrual cycle for the first time in my life and I'm 32 years old. I spot between periods. I now have acne so I am going to the dermatologist to get a prescription for that. Everyone says to give it more time. That because I was on Ortho for almost 20 years, it will be an adjustment. They tell me that TriNessa is forgiving and my body will come around. I don't know what I'll do..."

BuffingButtons April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Trinessa for about a year now my doctor prescribed it for me since I hadn't had my period for a year because I was on the depo shot and gained so much weight from the shot! But ever since I've been on trinessa my period is usually on time and is usually short about 3-5 days, don't really bleed much. I sometimes have mood swings, getting sad randomly but that's about it. I recommend it to anyone!"

Ashlizzle (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had horrible cystic acne since I was 18, which gets worse around my period. I've tried so many different birth controls and gone to the dermatologist so many times with no luck. This stuff changed the game for me. I rarely get cystic acne anymore, and my skin just looks so much better and healthier. I used to never leave the house without makeup, and now I don't even give it a second thought! I am so grateful for this medication. My periods are also normal and fairly light. I never have cramps during my period anymore! If you have acne problems and want to regulate your period, definitely try this first."

Emily l (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2017