User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

TriNessa Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 252 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for TriNessa to treat Birth Control

"I've been taking Trinessa-Lo pills for about 5 months now. So far in the past 5 months I had experienced the random nausea in the beginning, irregular spotting (which still happened to me last month), and I felt a bit more emotional. HOWEVER, this past week, I got my first ever panic attack and anxiety which I've never felt before and it's horrible. I do have a heavy stress filled workload as I'm a grad student, but have never felt like this. I've also noticed a decreased tolerance to wearing my contact lens, it's like there's sand in my eyes right when I put them in! I guess the only pros of the pills are that they kept my skin pimple free, periods light & short.going to get off the pills soon and see if it helps. Will try to update"

B-blocker March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I got a prescription for trinessa about 5 months ago, mostly just to help with my acne, and so far so good. My breakouts last a shorter amount of time and are smaller in size. My period has also gotten shorter and lighter and I hardly get cramps at all. The only drawback is that in the first 2-3 months or so I would get dizzy, slight headaches, and a little more fatigued than usual. Other than that this pill works great. My acne hasn't completely gone away, but it does help."

y0wza (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have nothing but good reviews for this birth control! I was terrified of taking it because of the horrible reviews that I read before but I got on three weeks ago and haven't had any horrible side effects or any sides effects at all thank goodness. Only thing is my boobs feel bigger and fuller which is a plus and my acne is subsiding. Other than that, I love this birth control and will continue to take it!"

Gabriella K. March 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have taken this for 5 years. I have no symptoms at all with this pill. I have tried two others before I started Tri Nessa and had terrible side effects. This pill has been great with no migraines or weight gain."

itsmeguys (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"For anyone who has any trouble with anxiety or depression, I HIGHLY suggest you do not try this birth control. I have been on this pill for about a week now and increasingly over the past 5 days I have been nauseated at night and SEVERELY depressed and I mean severely. Crying constantly, overthinking, irritable, mood swings, anxious to no end. I am absolutely without a doubt getting off of this medicine, I am a nursing student who has many responsibilities and cannot deal with having no motivation to do homework. Please try your best to avoid this medication at all costs."

Courtneylynn2029872 March 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on the pill for about 3 weeks now and I recently started getting some side effects. My breasts are really sore (hurting) and they feel really tender. I feel bloated and I even look bloated. I also noticed I get really nauseated at night. Also my contact lenses just recently started bothering me. They are getting dry and they feel like I have something in my eyes but I don't. My face has cleared up though! I just really hope these bad side effects don't last too long cause it really sucks and my body doesn't feel the same! :("

Sarah Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking TriNessa for YEARS! I believe I started this pill at 17-18 and I'm now 30. I do notice some of the symptoms mentioned (bloating and emotional) however I don't expect the pill to fix that as it's part of menstruation. The week before the placebo pills I get emotional and super bloated but that goes away after my cycle. I would suggest this pill as it's the best one yet for me."

Erika B (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have taken Yasmine and the patch before and had to stop at 2 weeks because I immediately started experiencing side effects such as weight gain, nausea, vomiting, depression, decreased sex drive. In addition wearing the patch, gave me back pain and lots of soreness at the patch site. The IUD came out, after my uterus kept contracting (total failure). I recently started taking TriNessa (started 1st Sunday of my period @8pm every night) and this is my 5th day. So far I am only feeling very mild nausea. I have noticed I feel more energetic than before so I am wondering if this might be actually balancing my hormones, I been having irregular periods (2xmonth). I will update to see if it helps with my irregular periods and of more side effects."

Jramos86 February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 28 and have taken Trinessa for 2 months. The first month I noticed I was pretty emotional as is crying a lot feeling very depressed especially the week before the placebo pills, also really painful periods that I thought bc pills usually help I'm on the 2nd pack and it's the week before my period, I cried for 2 days and actually felt like I didn't want to be around anymore. I never thought a pill could make you feel that way but I found other reviews that said the same. I just could not figure out why I was feeling like a crazy person until I realized its once again the week before my period. Please just be careful if you have any depression to start with. Pros, clear skin and no weight gain."

JJW12 February 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking Trinessa Low for over a year now. I'm 19 started at 18. It is terrible for about the first 2 months. Bloating, nauseous, breast growth, drained sex drive from 8/10 to a 1/10. However, it is very effective and forgiving. The symptoms don't go away fully but do mild down after the two months. Still have about no sex drive."

Cam Fett (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Trinessa for years as the generic to OrthotriCyclin. It was free compared to the expensive version. I have not noticed issues with this pill at all, at least not that are very noticeable. I think the mood swings and emotional distress others are mentioning would happen with or without any BCP because of PMS. My skin breaks out only the week before my cycle starts, but nothing crazy. I don't have breast tenderness, cramps or discomfort either. The periods are light and painless as well. I do notice the bloat like clockwork a week prior to the period, but it is what it is. I have not gotten pregnant while on the pill though my guy and I are highly fertile, so it's obviously working. Overall I'm happy with it."

Trithisfn February 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking Tri Nessa in November and this is by far THE WORST PILL ever. During the first and second month of taking this pill I was super naseous and I experienced terrible ovulation pain if I did not take my pill at the exact time everyday. Currently, I have horrible mood swings, depression, and my skin is breaking out like crazy. The only thing this pill didn't do was gain weight. Going to my doctor next week to change my bc plan."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on trinessa for about a year and just got off it. While being on trinessa I noticed more a lot of mood swings and changes in my libido, all which started when I started on the pill. My period became a lot lighter and a lot shorter- usually only 2 days. I didn't gain weight or have issues with acne. Certain times of the month my breasts also seemed larger and tender. (Not 100% sure if it was just from it being a certain time of the month or the pill though) The only things I didn't like with this medicine is the mood swings, but again, I knew what to expect and when to expect it and when it was happening. That and remember to take them at the same time everyday."

Courtster (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking trinessa for 10 days for birth control/acne/regulating my period. So far I've lost 11 lbs. The first 5 days I had awful mood swings and barely had an appetite for anything. It's odd for me to lose so much weight cause I'm not overweight and have never lost this much weight in 10 days but otherwise it's going okay! Haven't noticed a difference in my acne but time will tell!"

Ellllllllle January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 19 and this is my first birth control pill and it has worked great!!! I've been on it for a little more than 4 months. Pros: • no pregnancies • didn't change my (mostly) clear skin • no missed periods • cramps are less painful • no side effects after first month • no change in sex drive (if anything it increased lmao) Cons: • on the FIRST MONTH I had nausea, decreased appetite, random cramps, increased anxiety (and I already have anxiety disorders) • period flow is still the same • period still lasts 4-5 days • random bloating (I don't mind it tbh) • my belly is a bit bigger ¿?"

AnonymousPRican (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've only been on this pill for 4 days, but so far so good. My face has been clearing up, I haven't noticed any weight gain and haven't noticed any major changes in my mood. Before trinessa I tried minastrin and it was the worst experience of my life. I had to stop after day 4 because I had HORRIBLE mood swings/depression/anxiety to the point where I almost went to the hospital. The only complaint I have so far is that my stomach has been super weird and my period was the worst it's ever been. I started it the 1st day of my period and it was super heavy and full of blood clots and I had cramps for 3 days. Hoping my stomach issues stop and my mood doesn't change. I will update in a month or so"

TrinessaYo (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had to stop 4 days in. Worst bloating ever! My clothes would fit me by the third day. It was so bad it took me 2 years before I considered any form of bc again."

1995apple95 January 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Horrible. Immediately after the first pill I became nauseated. Nausea stayed for while 2 months. Horrible pains at bottom of my stomach from this pill. Soon as I stopped taking it the nausea went away and the stomach pains. I will not ever use this again. Never ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

KnBtr (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Do not take this. DO NOT TAKE THIS. I'm 26 and weigh 135 lbs. I started taking Trinessa in July 2016 and one month later, I'm in the hospital coughing up blood with uncontrollable pain in my side. They did a CT and it came back that I had a blood clot in my left lung. They said my birth control caused it. I became so swollen in my legs just 2 days before the clot went into my lung. I'm a very healthy woman and this medication almost took my life. Please be careful. It's been 4 months and I'm still short of breath. 40% of my lung died because it wasn't getting oxygen. I'm on blood thinners twice a day. Don't think this can't happen to you. Estrogen thickens your blood. I'm just so thankful I didn't have a stroke."

Luckytobealive (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started trinessa 5 months ago, for the second time. First when I was 20yrs old, it worked great. Now I'm 31, started again to prevent pregnancy and just feel pain on my breast, (around my nipples) also my sex live has decrease with my partner. My mood has also changed. I'm debating whether I should stop the pill or not."

Carolina321 December 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I havent been on bc since I was 18 I'm on it now and I'm 29. I have stomach pain a lot I've been on it for 3 months so I'm hoping my body is still adjusting. Other than that cheap price and no other problems."

Sara12345678 November 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm on my 7th month now on this pill and it helps my adult acne at least 90%, I still get this occasional breakout before my period but it's very mild. I was very hesitant to try any birth control before because I'm very sensitive and I have tried some other ones before and I cannot even last over a week and I would get very sick like dizzy & the hot flashes. This pill have controlled my acne, my face used to be soo oily especially towards the end of the day and that experience totally stopped. I continue to stay active and control my intake like normal so I never gain weight, if ever I would gain a little weight that because I'm eating too much junk and not being disciplined. I think Trinessa changes my life a lot."

jeanx November 23, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking TriNessa for about 4-5 months now and it hasn't been too bad. It's the first birth control I've ever used. I never have had bad acne at all but the first month I was on it I had terrible acne but that's normal and now I'm seeing I get acne more the week before my period on this pill. Also the first month and a half I noticed I was getting depressed but that went away. I've had a severe decrease in my sex drive to the point where I usually don't even want to masturbate but it's kind of coming back 5 months later. I haven't tested out its effectiveness yet because of my low drive. Other than the low drive I don't really have any problems with it, but if I forget to take it I will get a headache until I take it."

Emmy723 November 13, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Ive been on the pill for 11 months. It did get rid of my cystic acne, but I always had little zits all month. I take the pill at night and for the first week it gives me bad nausea. I have headaches around my period. I have terrible mood swings. I have completely lost my sex drive. I like that my periods on 2 or 3 days, but I spot everyday half way through the pack. The pills not terrible but its not good for me."

clipperchic (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 3, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"okay well ever since I have started this bcp I have noticed a decrease in my sex drive and i have lost my appetite. I am losing weight which it's really good for me because I could dowith losing a few lbs. But tbh I don't see the point in a bcp if you don't even have a sex drive anymore. I am gonna continue with this pill but maybe change after this month is over.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016