User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
2.9

Summary of Tri-Previfem reviews 5.0 174 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Previfem

For Birth Control "I personally do not like this pill. This is my second month of being on it. The first month was good, like normal. I noticed that my period was a day later than usual and that my period cramps were worse than before (I struggle with severe cramps at least 2 times a year). The moment I started my second month on this pill all hell broke loose. Day 2, Monday, I felt so sick and had a massive headache that no matter what I took would not leave. Day 3, I still felt so sick to my stomach and still had a headache. I had to get Excedrin just to ease the headache. Since I started my second month I have noticed: weight gain/bloating, sore breasts, more sensitive to touch, headaches, no appetite, nausea, depression, no motivation, and lack of sex drive. After this month I'm going back to my original pills, Falmina, I don't care if I have to pay for them. I rather pay $14 than feel like rubbish every day. Take this pill at your own risk."

Kmel April 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this in conjunction with Isotretinoin, so I can't confirm that the side effects I experienced were solely from the pill. I experienced depression, which I know is a side effect of the isotetinoin, but there's a chance the pill exacerbated it. I also bloated a lot, I didn't gain weight but I couldn't lose any either. My face and breasts swelled up, which made my depression worse I think. Everything went back to normal, bloating subsided and I became much happier once I got off both medications. I wouldn't go back on this pill though, its scares me that I might go back to that time."

MG (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this pill for 3 months and nothing changed when it came to acne and I like that my period is starts exactly the same time every month. However, I gained 15 pounds on this pill with no dietary or exercise changes, my sex drive has decreased, and I’ve been experiencing more depression and anxiety when it comes to panic attacks. I’m going to the obgyn to see if I can switch to the IUD."

Jackie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this medication after years of issues with my period. Prior to this I missed a lot school and work because my period symptoms were so severe that I couldn't get out of bed. Ever since August 2016, my period has come every 28 days, my acne is very minor each cycle with only like one big zit, little to no cramps, etc. I don't know if this pill caused me to gain weight I never paid attention to that (personally I'd take a few extra pounds over awful periods.) I've experienced no adverse reactions to this medication and I swear by it."

vanna (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Within the first couple months of taking this pill, I gained 15 pounds. Then after taking it for around 3 months, it began causing me to get a yeast infection after my period for 4 months straight. However, I continued taking it in hopes it would level out. It soon did and I have now lost the weight I gained, my face has cleared almost completely (I had terrible breakouts all over) and (knock on wood) have not gotten anymore yeast infections. I now have no problems with it and I take it everyday at the same time so I also have not had to worry about pregnancy scares. The only side effect I notice from it now is that it has really Increased my sex drive."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2018

For Birth Control "After I had my first son, I went with an IUD and had mirena for 5 years. As skeptical as I was about it, it actually never gave me any trouble at all. After that was removed, I dated a man for a year that had a vasectomy. After we broke up, I had to go back to birth control. I tried this one first and it was horrible. It worked great until I had my first period on it, which lasted almost 6 weeks! I couldn’t believe it! I stopped taking it because I bled for SO long, and I even now am awaiting test results out of pure curiosity with the way this pill affected my body!! This medication is horrible and I would not recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve honestly had no negative side effects in this pill. My acne decreased, my periods start on the same day of the week every month, and my severe cramps are almost nonexistent. I’ve actually lost weight on this pill, I don’t know if it has to do with the pill or just different eating choices. The one weird thing is I’ve developed geographic tongue which is kinda strange but not debilitating."

Emilyrj13 December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "After years on Ortho, they forced me to switch when my insurance no longer covered it. My skin broke out, I gained 10lbs, my libido was non-existent, I sweat constantly and between migraines...which lasted for 2.5 out of 3 weeks I was on the pill...I had depression and breakthrough bleeding. Not something I would recommend."

Ariadsh (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2017

For Birth Control "Been on this BC for a year and a half. This was the first BC I've ever taken, I'm 22 and it works really well for me. I never had a regular period , and this gave me a period the first week of every month, like clockwork. No nausea , vomiting , diarrhea, or mood swings. No pregnancy scare ever ( I take it the same time every day) The only thing is I've gained about 10 pounds within this last year, but not sure if it's because of BC."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2017

For Birth Control "This has been the worst pill ever. I have been bleeding for 13 days and it has not stopped yet. I had to go to my obgyn for evaluation and told to stop taking them right away. I start my new pill tri sprintec next I have taking that for seven years and never had a problem with. The only reason y it got switched is because the pharmacy told me it was the generic."

Lasco October 4, 2017

For Birth Control "This medication is hell in a pack. I urge everyone to PLEASE do not take this. I ended up with severe depression and anxiety all over again, the nausea and vomiting was ridiculous and the yeast infections— my god. I had a yeast infection probably the whole time on this pill. I vomited so much from these pills that I lost 12 pounds in about 2 weeks one time. The mood swings were so sad also. I didn’t realize this was all from the pill until my doc switched me to tri-sprintec for insurance reasons. Please don’t take this!!!!! It’s horrible on your body!!!! The only good thing was that I had absolutely no acne!"

tarasmithhhh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2017

For Birth Control " First of all, the worst side effect for me is the constant yeast infections. Never had one in my life until I started this pill, now I will have one constantly, cured for a week then it returns with vengeance. So dry down there, to the point where my partner and I had tension about one of us unknowingly carrying and STD (neither of us were) absolute horrific mood swings, you will become a completely different person. Nausea. Sweating. Weight gain. All of the things you don't want. It took me 3 months to realize this pill was the source of my misery. Do yourself a favor and stop it, there are so many better options out there ladies! Best of luck x o"

butterfly66668 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2017

For Birth Control "It's great for preventing pregnancy, but the side effects were terrible. It made me very moody, gave me insomnia and mild depression. Those were the worst two months out of taking birth control."

Anonymous September 1, 2017

For Birth Control "PLEASE do not take this. I haven't been this depressed in a year but I truly feel like this has made it come back with a vengeance. JUST DON'T TAKE IT. Also, my anxiety is worse than it's ever been and I really feel like dying. I'm switching back to sprintec in hopes that I feel better. Stay away from this."

ke13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS. there's no other way to put it. I've been on it for going on five months and ever since day one it has been awful. I've become severely depressed I cry all the time I feel nauseous 24/7. My anxiety has gone through the roof. I feel like my whole life has changed for the worse ever since I started this medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2017

For Birth Control "Up until last month, I'd had no negative side-effects; no migraines (which are normal for me), no depression, regular anxiety, cleared my hormonal acne, regular if not strengthened sex drive, fairly regular periods. 2 months ago, I had a long and heavy period. It was the first time I've ever bled through. Because of that, I was prescribed trivora, which I hated. In very beginning, my sex drive peaked, but that quickly ended because it made sex very painful and it lacked any pleasure. also left me extremely depressed and crying constantly (I NEVER cry). I switched back to tri-previfem after only a week on trivora. Everyone has a different experience, but mine was positive. P.S. it's only $9 at Walmart."

Not.A.Prego June 10, 2017

For Birth Control "Been on Tri-Previfem for more than 4 years. I have zero complaints other than it has completed depleted my sex drive to literally nothing, which is why I will be switching to another birth control"

Anonymous May 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I read the reviews but was still eager to try it -- do not take this. This pills has made me extremely depressed and has caused me to have mood swings. I'm surprised my boyfriend is still with me, because since this pill I have been depressed, unmotivated, moody, and have had no sex drive! I do not recommend this pill to anyone"

memelissa April 22, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was diagnosed with PCOS which caused abnormal periods to the point where I wasn't having them for years. When I was diagnosed at 14 with it they immediately put me on Tri-Previfem. For the first 6 months everything was going great. Then the mood swings started, I suffered from depression before and then this just made it worst. I couldn't stop crying and never wanted to get oh of bed. Last week I stopped taking this and switched to Junel FE. For birth control and acne and period regulator I'd give this a 10/10 but wouldn't consider being on it for two years or long like I was because it can greatly mess with your emotions."

McKenSand (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I just started taking this birth control, and I have absolutely no complaints. I'm a psycho about my skin, and so far it hasn't effected it in anyway and it could possibly be making it better. My sex drive if anything has increased while on this pill, and I have gained No weight! Everyone's different, so don't take the all of reviews too seriously! The only thing that I've noticed is that the first few weeks of my first pack, I was super emotional but that occurs with any birth control at first! My boobs also get a little tender the first 2 weeks of each pack but it's nothing that I can't handle on a scale 1-10 it's probably a 1.5 on the pain scale for tenderness so nothing to worry about all! It obviously also has prevented pregnancy."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2017

For Birth Control "I could not recommend this birth control any less. Yes, it worked for preventing pregnancy and it made my period regular, but this stuff made me crazy. I had horrible mood swings, it affected my sleep, I gained weight, lost my appetite, and even lost the desire to have sex. I would rather abstain from sex than take this stuff anymore. I wouldn't recommend this stuff."

cynthiam99 March 31, 2017

For Birth Control "At first, I didn't have any problems with this. No nausea, no weight gain, there wasn't really a change in the amount of acne I had. I was told it would help reduce cramps and amount of blood during my period, but it actually did the exact opposite. Cramps were horrible, my stomach was quite swollen, and the length of my period was increased and the blood flow was horribly heavy. I was told it could happen on occasion, but it was rare, so it's a bit unfortunate I had that reaction to it. At least it prevented pregnancy."

Cupidity (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm 28, no children. I've been on this birth control for about 5 years and have just one complaint - it gives me high blood pressure. High BP runs in my family, so I am switching from this birth control to another one. Apart from the high BP, this birth control has been fantastic. My skin has never looked better, I didn't gain weight, nor did I experience mood swings. Occasionally I had spotting between periods, but it was never anything that disrupted me. I know everyone is different, but my experience was great."

GiveItAChance (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on Previfem for 3 months and I am still experiencing breakthrough bleeding that lasts until my withdrawal bleed. I take the pill at 6:15 every morning, and have never been off by more than 15 min. The only positives are that my breakthrough bleeding occurs like clockwork (after 12 active pills) and it made my skin better. But the bleeding itself drains the life out of me and makes me really depressed. I gained 7 pounds on the pill, but I think I had a hormone imbalance that made me lose weight before that. I had lost 10 pounds while eating everything in sight before that, and I had a period that faded into light spotting but would not stop for almost 2 months (only stopped because of the pill). I am switching pills next month."

Ova (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

For Birth Control "I hate this birth control!!! I used to be on Ortho tricyclone lo and I loved, never had any side effects or problems. I was switched to tri prevfiem 3 months ago and it has been awful from day one. I have severe headaches from the beginning of my period to the end. I've gained 10lbs. I have had a yeast infection every month since I've been on it. (I've never had yeast infections before). My mood swings are ridiculous. I never want to have sex. The list goes on. Do not get this birth control!"

Anonymous February 16, 2017