User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Learn more about Tri-Previfem.

Endometriosis 3 reviews 106 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 17 reviews 109 medications

2.9
Summary of Tri-Previfem reviews 163 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Tri-Previfem

For Birth Control " First of all, the worst side effect for me is the constant yeast infections. Never had one in my life until I started this pill, now I will have one constantly, cured for a week then it returns with vengeance. So dry down there, to the point where my partner and I had tension about one of us unknowingly carrying and STD (neither of us were) absolute horrific mood swings, you will become a completely different person. Nausea. Sweating. Weight gain. All of the things you don't want. It took me 3 months to realize this pill was the source of my misery. Do yourself a favor and stop it, there are so many better options out there ladies! Best of luck x o"

butterfly66668 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It's great for preventing pregnancy, but the side effects were terrible. It made me very moody, gave me insomnia and mild depression. Those were the worst two months out of taking birth control."

Anonymous September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "PLEASE do not take this. I haven't been this depressed in a year but I truly feel like this has made it come back with a vengeance. JUST DON'T TAKE IT. Also, my anxiety is worse than it's ever been and I really feel like dying. I'm switching back to sprintec in hopes that I feel better. Stay away from this."

ke13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS. there's no other way to put it. I've been on it for going on five months and ever since day one it has been awful. I've become severely depressed I cry all the time I feel nauseous 24/7. My anxiety has gone through the roof. I feel like my whole life has changed for the worse ever since I started this medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Up until last month, I'd had no negative side-effects; no migraines (which are normal for me), no depression, regular anxiety, cleared my hormonal acne, regular if not strengthened sex drive, fairly regular periods. 2 months ago, I had a long and heavy period. It was the first time I've ever bled through. Because of that, I was prescribed trivora, which I hated. In very beginning, my sex drive peaked, but that quickly ended because it made sex very painful and it lacked any pleasure. also left me extremely depressed and crying constantly (I NEVER cry). I switched back to tri-previfem after only a week on trivora. Everyone has a different experience, but mine was positive. P.S. it's only $9 at Walmart."

Not.A.Prego June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on Tri-Previfem for more than 4 years. I have zero complaints other than it has completed depleted my sex drive to literally nothing, which is why I will be switching to another birth control"

Anonymous May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I read the reviews but was still eager to try it -- do not take this. This pills has made me extremely depressed and has caused me to have mood swings. I'm surprised my boyfriend is still with me, because since this pill I have been depressed, unmotivated, moody, and have had no sex drive! I do not recommend this pill to anyone"

memelissa April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was diagnosed with PCOS which caused abnormal periods to the point where I wasn't having them for years. When I was diagnosed at 14 with it they immediately put me on Tri-Previfem. For the first 6 months everything was going great. Then the mood swings started, I suffered from depression before and then this just made it worst. I couldn't stop crying and never wanted to get oh of bed. Last week I stopped taking this and switched to Junel FE. For birth control and acne and period regulator I'd give this a 10/10 but wouldn't consider being on it for two years or long like I was because it can greatly mess with your emotions."

McKenSand (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I just started taking this birth control, and I have absolutely no complaints. I'm a psycho about my skin, and so far it hasn't effected it in anyway and it could possibly be making it better. My sex drive if anything has increased while on this pill, and I have gained No weight! Everyone's different, so don't take the all of reviews too seriously! The only thing that I've noticed is that the first few weeks of my first pack, I was super emotional but that occurs with any birth control at first! My boobs also get a little tender the first 2 weeks of each pack but it's nothing that I can't handle on a scale 1-10 it's probably a 1.5 on the pain scale for tenderness so nothing to worry about all! It obviously also has prevented pregnancy."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I could not recommend this birth control any less. Yes, it worked for preventing pregnancy and it made my period regular, but this stuff made me crazy. I had horrible mood swings, it affected my sleep, I gained weight, lost my appetite, and even lost the desire to have sex. I would rather abstain from sex than take this stuff anymore. I wouldn't recommend this stuff."

cynthiam99 March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "At first, I didn't have any problems with this. No nausea, no weight gain, there wasn't really a change in the amount of acne I had. I was told it would help reduce cramps and amount of blood during my period, but it actually did the exact opposite. Cramps were horrible, my stomach was quite swollen, and the length of my period was increased and the blood flow was horribly heavy. I was told it could happen on occasion, but it was rare, so it's a bit unfortunate I had that reaction to it. At least it prevented pregnancy."

Cupidity (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 28, no children. I've been on this birth control for about 5 years and have just one complaint - it gives me high blood pressure. High BP runs in my family, so I am switching from this birth control to another one. Apart from the high BP, this birth control has been fantastic. My skin has never looked better, I didn't gain weight, nor did I experience mood swings. Occasionally I had spotting between periods, but it was never anything that disrupted me. I know everyone is different, but my experience was great."

GiveItAChance (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on Previfem for 3 months and I am still experiencing breakthrough bleeding that lasts until my withdrawal bleed. I take the pill at 6:15 every morning, and have never been off by more than 15 min. The only positives are that my breakthrough bleeding occurs like clockwork (after 12 active pills) and it made my skin better. But the bleeding itself drains the life out of me and makes me really depressed. I gained 7 pounds on the pill, but I think I had a hormone imbalance that made me lose weight before that. I had lost 10 pounds while eating everything in sight before that, and I had a period that faded into light spotting but would not stop for almost 2 months (only stopped because of the pill). I am switching pills next month."

Ova (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I hate this birth control!!! I used to be on Ortho tricyclone lo and I loved, never had any side effects or problems. I was switched to tri prevfiem 3 months ago and it has been awful from day one. I have severe headaches from the beginning of my period to the end. I've gained 10lbs. I have had a yeast infection every month since I've been on it. (I've never had yeast infections before). My mood swings are ridiculous. I never want to have sex. The list goes on. Do not get this birth control!"

Anonymous February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about 3 months no pregnancy scares and helps with my period a little bit but it usually makes me feel nauseous after I take it and I have been breaking out more"

Anonymous February 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "One negative thing, I believe it has decreased my libido. I was never one to have huge desires every single day but I noticed I have barely any drive at all. I've been on this for about 2 years. The biggest thing for me, it cleared up my awful hormonal acne. I used to be on Lo Lo-Estrin and that ruined my skin. I still have some scars. It hasn't helped a ton with oil production on my face either. I still tend to be oily. As far as weight gain, this pill hadn't affected me that way."

Alc2085 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Love tri-previfem! The first week I'll have to admit it made me pretty nauseous, I actually lost a few pounds, but after that first week I've been fine. So far I haven't gained any weight, it actually seems to curb my cravings which is great! Also, my sex drive has been wonderful! I haven't had any crazy mood swings or bouts of depression, and my breasts have grown a whole cup size (again, without weight gain anywhere else!). All in all I really love this BC, I was on nuvaring before this and it made me completely nuts."

AmericaNicole (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Works fabulous. Been on it for 7 years, always get my period on the same day. Never any nausea. I get emotional the day before my period starts but its whatever, my boobs got huge which was nice. no pregnancy scares either..at all. works fabulous. highly recommend... I haven't had any issues like other people say."

Guilia (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "The first 2 months were okay until now... I usually bleed for 5 days an then spot for 2... I have been bleeding for almost 3 weeks now and I am bleeding more than I ever have before... I feel really sick and have been really tired... My anxiety has gotten worse and looking at food makes me want to throw up.... I'm sick of this pill and do not recommend it...!"

UGHHHHHHHHHH December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "the first night I took it I brushed my teeth, normally I don't look at my tongue but for some reason I felt the need to. I saw bumps and they were scary looking bumbs. Whiteness on the back of my tongue and yellow. It didn't hurt or anything so I thought maybe I just ate something too spicy. So I waited and the next day it was still there but not as bad so I figured it was going away. The 4th day of taking it, it started to hurt when I swallowed so I got kinda worried, I've been getting acne pretty bad and I've been getting really sick to my stomach and headaches and fevers and so my stepmom believes I'm coming down with thrust, I looked up things that can cause thrush & turns out birth control was on that list."

Randomlady18 December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Originally started as a means to treat cystic acne and alleviate period cramps. Anxiety runs in my family, but I've never had it severely until I started taking this birth control. It's been three months and a few days into the fourth pack, and I've had enough. I went from someone who's never broken down about last minute assignments to someone who cries everyday for no discernible reason and can't manage even the simplest classwork. I also started off completely fine with my FWB, but now I've become dependent and paranoid even though he's one of my closest friends and I never had these issues before. It's like I'm a different person entirely, and I hate it."

Roo776 November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I love Tri-Previfem! The only side effect I experienced was a little weight gain during the first few months. My period was much lighter with fewer cramps and my sex drive remained completely normal. I have been taking Tri-Previfem for almost 5 years and I have been currently considering changing to the implant; being in college has created a very hectic schedule and I tend to skip pills constantly and fail to take them on time."

JuliannaBanana November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on for a week I've experienced every side effect on the list from nausea, queasy feeling in my stomach minor acne excessive sleeping no appetite looking at food makes me feel sick almost like I'm pregnant again Moody and no energy almost feeling weak..I have to take 3 at a time to stop and regulate my cycle due to an abonormal cycle that lasted 6 months after my pregnancy I'm already thinking about changing it I think the side effects are to much and the comments about this bc method is no good but at the end of the day every body is different"

Meme M November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Ive been taking it for three months now and a week after starting it my breast got really sore. I dont know about weight gain but im only getting really tiny pimples which are normally gone by the end of the next day. Doesnt make me dry down there either. Sex drive is normal. I just feel a lot tired and my head hurts occasionally but that might just be the changing weather! Since i havent been taking it for long i think im going to wait two months or so and see how it treats me :)"

Ishaaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. I was prescribed the name brand of this medicine and my insurance decided that they would give me tri previfem instead. For the first 3 or so months, things were fine, no big differences. After that though, goodness gracious. Anxiety, depression, mood swings, NO SEX DRIVE, dryness "down there" no matter how bad I wanted to be. It's absolutely a horrible feeling not being able to be ready for your partner, and that puts such a stress on a relationship. On the menstrual time...... picture every horrible pregnancy symptom you could possibly have, triple it, and add to it the normals of your regular period. HEADACHES. If only the 1-10 scale had negative numbers. Save yourselves, and stay away from this medicine."

NobodyYouKnow (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016