User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Learn more about Tri-Previfem.

Endometriosis 3 reviews 167 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 15 reviews 169 medications

2.7
Summary of Tri-Previfem reviews 146 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Tri-Previfem

For Birth Control "Works fabulous. Been on it for 7 years, always get my period on the same day. Never any nausea. I get emotional the day before my period starts but its whatever, my boobs got huge which was nice. no pregnancy scares either..at all. works fabulous. highly recommend... I haven't had any issues like other people say."

Guilia (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 30, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "The first 2 months were okay until now... I usually bleed for 5 days an then spot for 2... I have been bleeding for almost 3 weeks now and I am bleeding more than I ever have before... I feel really sick and have been really tired... My anxiety has gotten worse and looking at food makes me want to throw up.... I'm sick of this pill and do not recommend it...!"

UGHHHHHHHHHH December 12, 2016

For Birth Control "the first night I took it I brushed my teeth, normally I don't look at my tongue but for some reason I felt the need to. I saw bumps and they were scary looking bumbs. Whiteness on the back of my tongue and yellow. It didn't hurt or anything so I thought maybe I just ate something too spicy. So I waited and the next day it was still there but not as bad so I figured it was going away. The 4th day of taking it, it started to hurt when I swallowed so I got kinda worried, I've been getting acne pretty bad and I've been getting really sick to my stomach and headaches and fevers and so my stepmom believes I'm coming down with thrust, I looked up things that can cause thrush & turns out birth control was on that list."

Randomlady18 December 8, 2016

For Acne "Originally started as a means to treat cystic acne and alleviate period cramps. Anxiety runs in my family, but I've never had it severely until I started taking this birth control. It's been three months and a few days into the fourth pack, and I've had enough. I went from someone who's never broken down about last minute assignments to someone who cries everyday for no discernible reason and can't manage even the simplest classwork. I also started off completely fine with my FWB, but now I've become dependent and paranoid even though he's one of my closest friends and I never had these issues before. It's like I'm a different person entirely, and I hate it."

Roo776 November 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I love Tri-Previfem! The only side effect I experienced was a little weight gain during the first few months. My period was much lighter with fewer cramps and my sex drive remained completely normal. I have been taking Tri-Previfem for almost 5 years and I have been currently considering changing to the implant; being in college has created a very hectic schedule and I tend to skip pills constantly and fail to take them on time."

JuliannaBanana November 23, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on for a week I've experienced every side effect on the list from nausea, queasy feeling in my stomach minor acne excessive sleeping no appetite looking at food makes me feel sick almost like I'm pregnant again Moody and no energy almost feeling weak..I have to take 3 at a time to stop and regulate my cycle due to an abonormal cycle that lasted 6 months after my pregnancy I'm already thinking about changing it I think the side effects are to much and the comments about this bc method is no good but at the end of the day every body is different"

Meme M November 15, 2016

For Acne "Ive been taking it for three months now and a week after starting it my breast got really sore. I dont know about weight gain but im only getting really tiny pimples which are normally gone by the end of the next day. Doesnt make me dry down there either. Sex drive is normal. I just feel a lot tired and my head hurts occasionally but that might just be the changing weather! Since i havent been taking it for long i think im going to wait two months or so and see how it treats me :)"

Ishaaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. I was prescribed the name brand of this medicine and my insurance decided that they would give me tri previfem instead. For the first 3 or so months, things were fine, no big differences. After that though, goodness gracious. Anxiety, depression, mood swings, NO SEX DRIVE, dryness "down there" no matter how bad I wanted to be. It's absolutely a horrible feeling not being able to be ready for your partner, and that puts such a stress on a relationship. On the menstrual time...... picture every horrible pregnancy symptom you could possibly have, triple it, and add to it the normals of your regular period. HEADACHES. If only the 1-10 scale had negative numbers. Save yourselves, and stay away from this medicine."

NobodyYouKnow (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016

For Acne "I was on this birth control for at least 6 months and my acne has gotten worse. It's now evolved to big cystic pimples before and after my period and they stick around for at least two weeks at a time. Majority on my chin but I have had a couple on my forehead inbetween my eyebrows which I still have the scar. It's gotten to the point where I still have pimples from the previous break out and new ones formed right next to them. Also this medication has made my cramps worse. I have switched from the brand."

Viatucf (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for over three weeks and the side effects are horrible. I've gained 10 lbs in just these three weeks. I've been bloating really bad and thought I was pregnant. I originally got on this pill for mainly my acne and the pill made it worse. I've woken up with terrible migraines and being nauseous. My moods swings are bad and sometimes I'm depressed because of the weight gain. I couldn't ride my horse the soreness of my breasts were terrible. I'm thinking about getting off this pill and trying a difference one."

Anonymous October 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Even though this pill worked as intended to prevent pregnancy, I wouldn't recommend it based on the side effects I experienced. I had been on Sprintec for about a year (which I love) when there was a mix-up at the drug store and I got this instead. I decided to stick with it for three months to see if the symptoms cleared and they did not. My period lasted longer than usual, and I experienced crippling pain during it. I started to break out in acne on my face and body, and I was having a difficult time controlling my emotions and I became upset all the time. Do yourselves a favor and just use Sprintec!!"

Beezuh October 10, 2016

For Birth Control "Best decision ever. I love this birth control it regulates my period I've never had a pregnancy scare (my boyfriend and I don't use condoms) or acne. When I first started taking it my breasts were sore and I gained a little weight for a very short time but it went away. Other than that I love it"

Koffeekay (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for two weeks now, and I have had so many side effects. Sore breast, stomach cramps, bloating, and very bad acne. I would compare them to pregnancy symptoms. Really hate feeling like I'm pregnant, and it really helped seeing that other girls have had the same experience with this."

Chelsee (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this birth control about 2 months after becoming sexually active. Still being in the same relationship I have seen major changes. This medicine works great to prevent pregnancy, but I've had uncontrollable mood swing along with bad anxiety involving my relationship. As a person that has always had long term relationships I have never felt THIS crazy about a partner. And not a good crazy. Even though I know he is faithful I constantly have panic attacks whenever he leaves from worrying about our relationships. I am, and was never, the type of women to be insecure, but this medicine is driving me insane, and would recommend trying others."

BordanJaker (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "Orthotricyclen is pretty bad, but this is the worst generic of it. As soon as my pharmacy switched to giving me this instead of Trisprintec, My side effects dramatically increased. I gained weight, had horrible mood swing and even had a blood clot in my leg from this pill! It nearly killed me!! It's claimed that generics are all the same, but that can't be true for birth control pills. Tripreventfem is the worst!! Do not take it if your pharmacy forces you to switch!"

Jolene12345 August 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this pill. I was previously taking Yaz which made me a crazy person. This has regulated my abnormal period. I get it the same day, same time, every month with no cramps. It has given me no negative side effects EXCEPT the fact that I gained 20 pounds. Other than that I love it. No decreased sex drive, spotting, emotional distress, etc. None of that. Just weight. Which I can live with compared to the horrible pills I've been on. Also has not failed me in regards to pregnancy. Only reason I gave this pill a 9 was the weight gain! Other than that it's a 10!"

Leaaaa13 August 20, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my 4th month after switching from Ortho tri-cyclin to tri-previfem due to my insurance and availability and I am miserable. For preventing pregnancy, sure, the pill works. But for anything else, it is horrible. I have gained several pounds over the last month and have not changed anything about my life style. My face is breaking out along my chin nearly every day. I am having constant serious mood swings. I am anti social and I have no sex drive. I have considered ending my year long relationship for the tiniest reasons and I am horrible to my family. I have never had mental health issues before I took this pill and I am hoping stopping will help me return to my normal self..."

Sooner92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I was nauseous after taking it on my second week so I discontinued it. Breast was so sore."

Lele5 August 13, 2016

For Acne "I was told that birth control can take up to 3 full months to start working for acne & 4-6 months to see full results. I started to notice my skin clearing around 2.5 months. It's been almost 3.5 months now and my skin is 99% clear of active breakouts. This is the first birth control I have ever used and I have not had any negative side effects from this at all. The only reason I am not giving it a 10 is because it has not helped regulate the oil production on my face at all, but you can't win them all. Overall I am very happy with this pill and can't wait to see how my skin continues to improve."

Kelbell88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2016

For Acne "Well I said I would be back :) I check this too much anyway! I'm now on my second month about to start my third week tomorrow. I am pretty sure my body noticed that I was going on a higher dose of estrogen because I broke out. I have been broken out around the cheeks but I just broke out on my forehead :'( the biggest thing about this medicine is the depression and even bigger the anxiety. I still have sex drive... but my anxiety is unbearable!!! I can't think straight. I can't relax even though I try. I'm staying on it obviously seeing as it hasn't even been 3 months yet and I would do just about anything to have acne not a problem. I start school in the second week of August.. please wish me luck!"

Laurenxo July 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on theis birth control for almost three years. No pregnancy scares, so side effects, regulated my period, and I had had intense cramps for the 4 years I was on my period before I started taking this. Sick the entire week, couldn't walk and puking everyday. And since I've taken this birth control I have had cramps probably twice."

Taylor7879 July 20, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control worked fine for the first 3 months I was on it. But then I started getting large, vicious acne on my face which is super unusual for me! I never had a problem with acne, not even in middle or high school. So horrible that now that I'm in college and having to deal with near cystic acne. Not to mention the horrible, severe depression that I suffered from and am still trying to overcome after being off this pill for about 2 weeks. It almost ended my year long relationship. However, me and my boyfriend never had protected sex and I never had a pregnancy scare. But, I will say that the pill is different for everyone!!"

Ebs1996 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2016

For Acne "I know everyone is different, but I was on this bc it really helped my acne right away. I do have one small pimple once in awhile but no big deal. I love this bc."

Whitestar July 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I never had a problem with birth control until I switched from the brand Ortho-Tricylcen to Tri-Previfem. It was ok for the first month of use but after that I found that this medication caused me to have heightened anxiety, loss of appetite, and even nausea. Bottom line- I'm switching back to what I was on before because of these side effects!"

Neveragain2.0 July 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on this pill about 4 or so years ago and did not have too many issues. I occasionally broke out from time-to-time and i did gain a little weight over the last few years but I think that's more my fault for living off a college diet and not exercising like I should have. I went on the pill almost as soon as I became sexually active and have not had any pregnancy scares so it did that job in that respect. It also kept my periods regular and fairly short (about 4 days). However, around the time of my period I experienced extremely bad headaches (sometimes migraines accompained with vomiting) so my doctor just switched me over to a new pill recently. But other than that, I've had no complaints and would reccommend this birth control."

jegreen30 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2016