User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Learn more about Tri-Previfem.

Tri-Previfem Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 235 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Previfem to treat Birth Control

"I have been on theis birth control for almost three years. No pregnancy scares, so side effects, regulated my period, and I had had intense cramps for the 4 years I was on my period before I started taking this. Sick the entire week, couldn't walk and puking everyday. And since I've taken this birth control I have had cramps probably twice."

Taylor7879 July 20, 2016

"This birth control worked fine for the first 3 months I was on it. But then I started getting large, vicious acne on my face which is super unusual for me! I never had a problem with acne, not even in middle or high school. So horrible that now that I'm in college and having to deal with near cystic acne. Not to mention the horrible, severe depression that I suffered from and am still trying to overcome after being off this pill for about 2 weeks. It almost ended my year long relationship. However, me and my boyfriend never had protected sex and I never had a pregnancy scare. But, I will say that the pill is different for everyone!!"

Ebs1996 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2016

"I never had a problem with birth control until I switched from the brand Ortho-Tricylcen to Tri-Previfem. It was ok for the first month of use but after that I found that this medication caused me to have heightened anxiety, loss of appetite, and even nausea. Bottom line- I'm switching back to what I was on before because of these side effects!"

Neveragain2.0 July 8, 2016

"I went on this pill about 4 or so years ago and did not have too many issues. I occasionally broke out from time-to-time and i did gain a little weight over the last few years but I think that's more my fault for living off a college diet and not exercising like I should have. I went on the pill almost as soon as I became sexually active and have not had any pregnancy scares so it did that job in that respect. It also kept my periods regular and fairly short (about 4 days). However, around the time of my period I experienced extremely bad headaches (sometimes migraines accompained with vomiting) so my doctor just switched me over to a new pill recently. But other than that, I've had no complaints and would reccommend this birth control."

jegreen30 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2016

"I have been taking this birth control for 6 months and I have finally decided to stop taking it. Although it did help eliminate my acne, regulate my cycle, and prevent pregnancy, the cons outweigh the pros for me. At first I didn't really experience too many negative side effects, but as time has gone on I have become severely depressed, moody, and unmotivated. I am constantly tired and have become extremely forgetful about even simple things. I have become overly anxious and paranoid. I did have anxiety at times before the pill, but it was never this bad. My breasts are constantly sore and I have absolutely no sex drive anymore. None at all. I know it's this pill causing this and I need to stop taking it so I can feel like myself again."

Kiikii2343 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

"I've been on this pill for roughly 6-7 months now and at first everything was going great. the past month or so however, I've had the most horrible anxiety, panic attacks, and irritability ever. Even more recently I've had nausea to the point where I'm throwing up periodically through the night. My anxiety was so bad I was having so many negative thoughts and didn't have the motivation to do much anymore. I couldn't come up with any other explanation until I thought about my birth control. I'm stopping immediately and will be seeing my doctor soon to switch pills hopefully!"

Megan102595 June 27, 2016

"So far been on this for about 3 months now... And I've gained weight rapidly. My mood swings are way off the wall. I'm tired just about everyday even after countless hours of rest. My periods are extremely abnormal in which they never were before. Random spotting...which is extra annoying. My past period cycle was so weird because I've just gotten it and it looked like it was going away, even thought it was lighter it lasted a lot longer than usual. You definitely get pregnancy like symptoms...such has the bloating excessive eating, sensitive nose, mood swings and defintley lots of fluids real easing from you're body."

TianaSimba0226 June 26, 2016

"I had many different side effects that I know are not normal. I just started this medication and the side effects were horrible. Week 1- day 1 and 2 I started off abnormally tired and fatigued. Day 3,4,5 I was dizzy and had spells of hunger and being nauseous, randomly cried ( at separate times) on top of being drowsy and overly tired. Day 6,7, I got even more nauseous with cramping. Next week day 1 I had to urinate/pee all the time! Day 2 randomly cried, couldn't control pee plus had to pee all the time and hurt when I urinated day 3 all of those plus vagina was itchy. Day four had to pee all time, stung when I peed, vagina was itchy/burned. Day five I was supper tired again and no burning/itching. NOT WORTH IT! Going to change meds."

Rose violet 1234 June 24, 2016

"I started with sprintec and it seemed fine...then they switched to previfem. I have horrible vaginal discharge almost everyday, I have cramps sometimes almost as bad as before I went on the pill. My period lasts just as long as before 5 days and is still super heavy. I do have unprotected sex with my boyfriend and haven't gotten pregnant yet so that's a plus. More cons, more emotional, sometimes chest pain, nausea, I'm ready to quit. Only pro can predict when period is coming and not being pregnant"

Sara56 June 23, 2016

"I got on this birth control a month and a half after I had my first baby. Everything was fine and it worked well to help me not get pregnant until the depression started. The doctors thought I had PPD it was so bad I couldn't go 20 mins without having a panic attack. The doctors put me on depression meds also and that completely made me feel like I was on auto pilot. After reading everyone's comments inhere I'm convinced that my high anxiety and depression is caused from this. I will be stopping immediately. Take my advice, use condoms and don't let a birth control take your mental health."

Major depression (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

"I'm so relieved I read all of these reviews. For the past few months after my pharmacy switched me to Tri-Previfem, I have been so depressed and anxious, crying at random times whether I'm at work or home. I nearly destroyed my relationship and I've had absolutely no desire to do anything I used to love. I'm getting off this immediately."

Ajohnson813 May 24, 2016

"Works wonderfully. My acne is relatively clear and I no longer have cramping the day I start my period. My period lasts about 5 days from the previous 7. It is much lighter too. I have had no issues with this medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2016

"...If I could give this a zero, I would. I started taking Sprintec when I was 18, and I took it religiously-never missed a day. It switched to Previfem when I was 22, I think. The long and short of this review is, now I have a two month old baby. Remember that "never missed a day" thing? Yeah, that continued well into my unknown pregnancy... As did my period. I took note of feeling like garbage, gaining weight around my stomach, not being able to handle smells I had always been around and figured I might as well take a test, and it came out positive. By the time it was confirmed, I had already been pregnant for three months, which is too late to terminate if you or the baby's health is not in jeopardy. So yeah, not that great for me."

An Unused Nickname (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2016

"I have been on birth control for over 3 years. I too was on Sprintec until they changed it to Tri-Previfem - didn't notice any changes with my body between the two. The first month I started taking the pill was crazy, my emotions were uncontrollable (it was scary) and my skin was breaking out. I don't like Tri-previfem but it does keep me from getting pregnant. Skin still breaks out but I don't know if that's just me or the pill doing it. I never really got period cramps/symptoms before the pill, now I do. Periods are much lighter and shorter though. My boobs grew about half a size. No weight gain. No libido either - my boyfriend hates it but the pill is the best way to avoid pregnancy. Wouldn't recommend unless necessary."

Morgs (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2016

"I was switched from sprintec to previfem by the company who ships my birth control (my insurance required them to be mailed). I have been on sprintec for 5 years with no problems. I was on vacation with my fiance when I started the first week of my new pills. All was good until the second week of taking these pills. I started to have horrible cramps, nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea, sore breasts, acne, and a very bad anxiety problem. I would compare it to pregnancy symptoms on steroids. I called the mailing company and asked why they suddenly switched when my prescription was specifically for sprintec and they couldn't answer me. Needless to say I was in a panic until I found that other women had experienced the same thing."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2016

"I took this for 4 months. I had just gotten off of Orsythia and that gave me terrible deppression and anxiety throughout my menstrual cycle. This pill however, did the same, BUT only for the 1st week. I thought for a bit that it was a fair trade off for not getting pregnant. So I'll shorten this and make some pros and cons Pros: Extremely regular period (I was before I took bc however) Only 4 days long ( used to be 7-9) Libido stayed the same NO ACNE ( a little break out nearing period) Cons Very bad memory problems (I'd forget what I was saying mid-sentence. And I usually keep track of things extremely well) I still had cramps Anxiety Self-image issues Worse vision Gained a bit of weight Very manic ( very very happy or very very sad)"

Loop7890 March 8, 2016

"I had been taking the name-brand of this contraceptive for probably 18 years. Then my insurance decided it would only pay for generic. I started this one in October. By Thanksgiving I had a raging allergic rash on most of my body. ER dr wrongly diagnosed me, and after 2 other dr visits and a biopsy, they discovered it was an allergy to this drug. It is now mid-February, and after 3 rounds of steroids, I STILL have some of the rash. Torture for sure!"

Joyia February 19, 2016

"I just started taking this pills. I do smoke but not daily maybe 2 every other day.. I am doing something wrong. I have my period all ready."

Wondering Women 14 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

"Best birth control out there in my opinion. I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend for almost 2 years on this pill and it is very effective in keeping you from getting pregnant. Never had any negative side effects, didn't gain any weight. The only thing is my boobs grew from a C to a DD, but that's a good thing for me lol. Highly recommend this birth control!"

Anonymous January 26, 2016

"The birth control does well with keeping you from getting pregnant. But I'm on my third month of taking the pill, and I've been bloated for about a week and a half now. I lost my appetite, mood swings, and head aches."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

"Well, I see a lot of people saying they get nauseous in the first few days of starting birth control. That's normal. But every time I start a pack or miss by a few hours I'm awful nauseous. I've not got pregnant. So that's good. Ever since I started this pill I've had ovary/ vagina pains. But I'm not sure if it is a ovarian cyst or it's something different or if it just happened not related to the pill. I've got bad anxiety now & cry a lot. I was never like this before. But now I am. This isn't a bad pill though. Works differently for everyone. Plus sides is I used to have cramps to where I would like cry. It would hurt so bad. Now I have about none. And period is lighter."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 3, 2016

"I have been taking this birth control for about 9 months. In the spring I started back on this birth control after taking a break for awhile. In May, I started having migraines. Previously, I had random headaches but they were nothing excedrin couldn't handle. After getting back on this bc, I had migraines the week of my cycle. I had extreme migraines to the point where I had to go to the doctor and get a shot. I was given a prescription (pills and shots I could give myself). My prescription ran out and I waited a couple of months until I could return to my permanent home and go to the gyno. while I was off this medicine- no migraines. Just started back a few days ago and I'm nauseous, experiencing headaches, and emotional again"

AC13 (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

"I originally started this medication due to chronic migraines caused by hormonal imbalance. When I first started the pill my acne had reached its worst. I told myself to stick it through, it was the only thing helping the prevention of my headaches and migraines. In the 3rd month my skin completely cleared. My boobs went from just fitting a D 32 to DD 34! I gained no weight from it, still had my sex drive, and it did a very good job of keeping me from getting pregnant. It also made my period lighter, less painful, & 3 days shorter. I remained on the pill for about a year and a half before I started experiencing bad nausea everytime I missed a pill & also got really bad anxiety in the end. Had to stop taking it eventually. Miss my boobs but not the nausea or anxiety"

Katy Lynn December 29, 2015

"Worked really well for me, never had an issue"

erica12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2015

"I've had a great experience with this pill! I've been taking this for 7 months now and have seen little to no side effects like others are claiming. My periods are regular, only 4-5 days a month and I know exactly when they're coming! Also haven't gotten pregnant which is a plus. Helped with my acne a lot and although my severe cramps are not completely diminished, Advil does the trick - definitely made a difference!"

eb1197 December 7, 2015