User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Learn more about Tri-Previfem.

Tri-Previfem Rating Summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 251 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Previfem to treat Birth Control

"PLEASE do not take this. I haven't been this depressed in a year but I truly feel like this has made it come back with a vengeance. JUST DON'T TAKE IT. Also, my anxiety is worse than it's ever been and I really feel like dying. I'm switching back to sprintec in hopes that I feel better. Stay away from this."

ke13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"DO NOT TAKE THIS. there's no other way to put it. I've been on it for going on five months and ever since day one it has been awful. I've become severely depressed I cry all the time I feel nauseous 24/7. My anxiety has gone through the roof. I feel like my whole life has changed for the worse ever since I started this medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Up until last month, I'd had no negative side-effects; no migraines (which are normal for me), no depression, regular anxiety, cleared my hormonal acne, regular if not strengthened sex drive, fairly regular periods. 2 months ago, I had a long and heavy period. It was the first time I've ever bled through. Because of that, I was prescribed trivora, which I hated. In very beginning, my sex drive peaked, but that quickly ended because it made sex very painful and it lacked any pleasure. also left me extremely depressed and crying constantly (I NEVER cry). I switched back to tri-previfem after only a week on trivora. Everyone has a different experience, but mine was positive. P.S. it's only $9 at Walmart."

Not.A.Prego June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on Tri-Previfem for more than 4 years. I have zero complaints other than it has completed depleted my sex drive to literally nothing, which is why I will be switching to another birth control"

Anonymous May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I read the reviews but was still eager to try it -- do not take this. This pills has made me extremely depressed and has caused me to have mood swings. I'm surprised my boyfriend is still with me, because since this pill I have been depressed, unmotivated, moody, and have had no sex drive! I do not recommend this pill to anyone"

memelissa April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just started taking this birth control, and I have absolutely no complaints. I'm a psycho about my skin, and so far it hasn't effected it in anyway and it could possibly be making it better. My sex drive if anything has increased while on this pill, and I have gained No weight! Everyone's different, so don't take the all of reviews too seriously! The only thing that I've noticed is that the first few weeks of my first pack, I was super emotional but that occurs with any birth control at first! My boobs also get a little tender the first 2 weeks of each pack but it's nothing that I can't handle on a scale 1-10 it's probably a 1.5 on the pain scale for tenderness so nothing to worry about all! It obviously also has prevented pregnancy."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I could not recommend this birth control any less. Yes, it worked for preventing pregnancy and it made my period regular, but this stuff made me crazy. I had horrible mood swings, it affected my sleep, I gained weight, lost my appetite, and even lost the desire to have sex. I would rather abstain from sex than take this stuff anymore. I wouldn't recommend this stuff."

cynthiam99 March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At first, I didn't have any problems with this. No nausea, no weight gain, there wasn't really a change in the amount of acne I had. I was told it would help reduce cramps and amount of blood during my period, but it actually did the exact opposite. Cramps were horrible, my stomach was quite swollen, and the length of my period was increased and the blood flow was horribly heavy. I was told it could happen on occasion, but it was rare, so it's a bit unfortunate I had that reaction to it. At least it prevented pregnancy."

Cupidity (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 28, no children. I've been on this birth control for about 5 years and have just one complaint - it gives me high blood pressure. High BP runs in my family, so I am switching from this birth control to another one. Apart from the high BP, this birth control has been fantastic. My skin has never looked better, I didn't gain weight, nor did I experience mood swings. Occasionally I had spotting between periods, but it was never anything that disrupted me. I know everyone is different, but my experience was great."

GiveItAChance (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I hate this birth control!!! I used to be on Ortho tricyclone lo and I loved, never had any side effects or problems. I was switched to tri prevfiem 3 months ago and it has been awful from day one. I have severe headaches from the beginning of my period to the end. I've gained 10lbs. I have had a yeast infection every month since I've been on it. (I've never had yeast infections before). My mood swings are ridiculous. I never want to have sex. The list goes on. Do not get this birth control!"

Anonymous February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this birth control for about 3 months no pregnancy scares and helps with my period a little bit but it usually makes me feel nauseous after I take it and I have been breaking out more"

Anonymous February 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"One negative thing, I believe it has decreased my libido. I was never one to have huge desires every single day but I noticed I have barely any drive at all. I've been on this for about 2 years. The biggest thing for me, it cleared up my awful hormonal acne. I used to be on Lo Lo-Estrin and that ruined my skin. I still have some scars. It hasn't helped a ton with oil production on my face either. I still tend to be oily. As far as weight gain, this pill hadn't affected me that way."

Alc2085 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Love tri-previfem! The first week I'll have to admit it made me pretty nauseous, I actually lost a few pounds, but after that first week I've been fine. So far I haven't gained any weight, it actually seems to curb my cravings which is great! Also, my sex drive has been wonderful! I haven't had any crazy mood swings or bouts of depression, and my breasts have grown a whole cup size (again, without weight gain anywhere else!). All in all I really love this BC, I was on nuvaring before this and it made me completely nuts."

AmericaNicole (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works fabulous. Been on it for 7 years, always get my period on the same day. Never any nausea. I get emotional the day before my period starts but its whatever, my boobs got huge which was nice. no pregnancy scares either..at all. works fabulous. highly recommend... I haven't had any issues like other people say."

Guilia (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"the first night I took it I brushed my teeth, normally I don't look at my tongue but for some reason I felt the need to. I saw bumps and they were scary looking bumbs. Whiteness on the back of my tongue and yellow. It didn't hurt or anything so I thought maybe I just ate something too spicy. So I waited and the next day it was still there but not as bad so I figured it was going away. The 4th day of taking it, it started to hurt when I swallowed so I got kinda worried, I've been getting acne pretty bad and I've been getting really sick to my stomach and headaches and fevers and so my stepmom believes I'm coming down with thrust, I looked up things that can cause thrush & turns out birth control was on that list."

Randomlady18 December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love Tri-Previfem! The only side effect I experienced was a little weight gain during the first few months. My period was much lighter with fewer cramps and my sex drive remained completely normal. I have been taking Tri-Previfem for almost 5 years and I have been currently considering changing to the implant; being in college has created a very hectic schedule and I tend to skip pills constantly and fail to take them on time."

JuliannaBanana November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. I was prescribed the name brand of this medicine and my insurance decided that they would give me tri previfem instead. For the first 3 or so months, things were fine, no big differences. After that though, goodness gracious. Anxiety, depression, mood swings, NO SEX DRIVE, dryness "down there" no matter how bad I wanted to be. It's absolutely a horrible feeling not being able to be ready for your partner, and that puts such a stress on a relationship. On the menstrual time...... picture every horrible pregnancy symptom you could possibly have, triple it, and add to it the normals of your regular period. HEADACHES. If only the 1-10 scale had negative numbers. Save yourselves, and stay away from this medicine."

NobodyYouKnow (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on the pill for over three weeks and the side effects are horrible. I've gained 10 lbs in just these three weeks. I've been bloating really bad and thought I was pregnant. I originally got on this pill for mainly my acne and the pill made it worse. I've woken up with terrible migraines and being nauseous. My moods swings are bad and sometimes I'm depressed because of the weight gain. I couldn't ride my horse the soreness of my breasts were terrible. I'm thinking about getting off this pill and trying a difference one."

Anonymous October 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Even though this pill worked as intended to prevent pregnancy, I wouldn't recommend it based on the side effects I experienced. I had been on Sprintec for about a year (which I love) when there was a mix-up at the drug store and I got this instead. I decided to stick with it for three months to see if the symptoms cleared and they did not. My period lasted longer than usual, and I experienced crippling pain during it. I started to break out in acne on my face and body, and I was having a difficult time controlling my emotions and I became upset all the time. Do yourselves a favor and just use Sprintec!!"

Beezuh October 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Best decision ever. I love this birth control it regulates my period I've never had a pregnancy scare (my boyfriend and I don't use condoms) or acne. When I first started taking it my breasts were sore and I gained a little weight for a very short time but it went away. Other than that I love it"

Koffeekay (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this birth control for two weeks now, and I have had so many side effects. Sore breast, stomach cramps, bloating, and very bad acne. I would compare them to pregnancy symptoms. Really hate feeling like I'm pregnant, and it really helped seeing that other girls have had the same experience with this."

Chelsee (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started this birth control about 2 months after becoming sexually active. Still being in the same relationship I have seen major changes. This medicine works great to prevent pregnancy, but I've had uncontrollable mood swing along with bad anxiety involving my relationship. As a person that has always had long term relationships I have never felt THIS crazy about a partner. And not a good crazy. Even though I know he is faithful I constantly have panic attacks whenever he leaves from worrying about our relationships. I am, and was never, the type of women to be insecure, but this medicine is driving me insane, and would recommend trying others."

BordanJaker (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I absolutely love this pill. I was previously taking Yaz which made me a crazy person. This has regulated my abnormal period. I get it the same day, same time, every month with no cramps. It has given me no negative side effects EXCEPT the fact that I gained 20 pounds. Other than that I love it. No decreased sex drive, spotting, emotional distress, etc. None of that. Just weight. Which I can live with compared to the horrible pills I've been on. Also has not failed me in regards to pregnancy. Only reason I gave this pill a 9 was the weight gain! Other than that it's a 10!"

Leaaaa13 August 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is my 4th month after switching from Ortho tri-cyclin to tri-previfem due to my insurance and availability and I am miserable. For preventing pregnancy, sure, the pill works. But for anything else, it is horrible. I have gained several pounds over the last month and have not changed anything about my life style. My face is breaking out along my chin nearly every day. I am having constant serious mood swings. I am anti social and I have no sex drive. I have considered ending my year long relationship for the tiniest reasons and I am horrible to my family. I have never had mental health issues before I took this pill and I am hoping stopping will help me return to my normal self..."

Sooner92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was nauseous after taking it on my second week so I discontinued it. Breast was so sore."

Lele5 August 13, 2016