User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Learn more about Tri-Previfem.

Tri-Previfem Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 252 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Previfem to treat Birth Control

"At first, I didn't have any problems with this. No nausea, no weight gain, there wasn't really a change in the amount of acne I had. I was told it would help reduce cramps and amount of blood during my period, but it actually did the exact opposite. Cramps were horrible, my stomach was quite swollen, and the length of my period was increased and the blood flow was horribly heavy. I was told it could happen on occasion, but it was rare, so it's a bit unfortunate I had that reaction to it. At least it prevented pregnancy."

Cupidity (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 28, no children. I've been on this birth control for about 5 years and have just one complaint - it gives me high blood pressure. High BP runs in my family, so I am switching from this birth control to another one. Apart from the high BP, this birth control has been fantastic. My skin has never looked better, I didn't gain weight, nor did I experience mood swings. Occasionally I had spotting between periods, but it was never anything that disrupted me. I know everyone is different, but my experience was great."

GiveItAChance (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I hate this birth control!!! I used to be on Ortho tricyclone lo and I loved, never had any side effects or problems. I was switched to tri prevfiem 3 months ago and it has been awful from day one. I have severe headaches from the beginning of my period to the end. I've gained 10lbs. I have had a yeast infection every month since I've been on it. (I've never had yeast infections before). My mood swings are ridiculous. I never want to have sex. The list goes on. Do not get this birth control!"

Anonymous February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this birth control for about 3 months no pregnancy scares and helps with my period a little bit but it usually makes me feel nauseous after I take it and I have been breaking out more"

Anonymous February 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"One negative thing, I believe it has decreased my libido. I was never one to have huge desires every single day but I noticed I have barely any drive at all. I've been on this for about 2 years. The biggest thing for me, it cleared up my awful hormonal acne. I used to be on Lo Lo-Estrin and that ruined my skin. I still have some scars. It hasn't helped a ton with oil production on my face either. I still tend to be oily. As far as weight gain, this pill hadn't affected me that way."

Alc2085 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Love tri-previfem! The first week I'll have to admit it made me pretty nauseous, I actually lost a few pounds, but after that first week I've been fine. So far I haven't gained any weight, it actually seems to curb my cravings which is great! Also, my sex drive has been wonderful! I haven't had any crazy mood swings or bouts of depression, and my breasts have grown a whole cup size (again, without weight gain anywhere else!). All in all I really love this BC, I was on nuvaring before this and it made me completely nuts."

AmericaNicole (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Works fabulous. Been on it for 7 years, always get my period on the same day. Never any nausea. I get emotional the day before my period starts but its whatever, my boobs got huge which was nice. no pregnancy scares either..at all. works fabulous. highly recommend... I haven't had any issues like other people say."

Guilia (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 30, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"the first night I took it I brushed my teeth, normally I don't look at my tongue but for some reason I felt the need to. I saw bumps and they were scary looking bumbs. Whiteness on the back of my tongue and yellow. It didn't hurt or anything so I thought maybe I just ate something too spicy. So I waited and the next day it was still there but not as bad so I figured it was going away. The 4th day of taking it, it started to hurt when I swallowed so I got kinda worried, I've been getting acne pretty bad and I've been getting really sick to my stomach and headaches and fevers and so my stepmom believes I'm coming down with thrust, I looked up things that can cause thrush & turns out birth control was on that list."

Randomlady18 December 8, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I love Tri-Previfem! The only side effect I experienced was a little weight gain during the first few months. My period was much lighter with fewer cramps and my sex drive remained completely normal. I have been taking Tri-Previfem for almost 5 years and I have been currently considering changing to the implant; being in college has created a very hectic schedule and I tend to skip pills constantly and fail to take them on time."

JuliannaBanana November 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. I was prescribed the name brand of this medicine and my insurance decided that they would give me tri previfem instead. For the first 3 or so months, things were fine, no big differences. After that though, goodness gracious. Anxiety, depression, mood swings, NO SEX DRIVE, dryness "down there" no matter how bad I wanted to be. It's absolutely a horrible feeling not being able to be ready for your partner, and that puts such a stress on a relationship. On the menstrual time...... picture every horrible pregnancy symptom you could possibly have, triple it, and add to it the normals of your regular period. HEADACHES. If only the 1-10 scale had negative numbers. Save yourselves, and stay away from this medicine."

NobodyYouKnow (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on the pill for over three weeks and the side effects are horrible. I've gained 10 lbs in just these three weeks. I've been bloating really bad and thought I was pregnant. I originally got on this pill for mainly my acne and the pill made it worse. I've woken up with terrible migraines and being nauseous. My moods swings are bad and sometimes I'm depressed because of the weight gain. I couldn't ride my horse the soreness of my breasts were terrible. I'm thinking about getting off this pill and trying a difference one."

Anonymous October 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Even though this pill worked as intended to prevent pregnancy, I wouldn't recommend it based on the side effects I experienced. I had been on Sprintec for about a year (which I love) when there was a mix-up at the drug store and I got this instead. I decided to stick with it for three months to see if the symptoms cleared and they did not. My period lasted longer than usual, and I experienced crippling pain during it. I started to break out in acne on my face and body, and I was having a difficult time controlling my emotions and I became upset all the time. Do yourselves a favor and just use Sprintec!!"

Beezuh October 10, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Best decision ever. I love this birth control it regulates my period I've never had a pregnancy scare (my boyfriend and I don't use condoms) or acne. When I first started taking it my breasts were sore and I gained a little weight for a very short time but it went away. Other than that I love it"

Koffeekay (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this birth control for two weeks now, and I have had so many side effects. Sore breast, stomach cramps, bloating, and very bad acne. I would compare them to pregnancy symptoms. Really hate feeling like I'm pregnant, and it really helped seeing that other girls have had the same experience with this."

Chelsee (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started this birth control about 2 months after becoming sexually active. Still being in the same relationship I have seen major changes. This medicine works great to prevent pregnancy, but I've had uncontrollable mood swing along with bad anxiety involving my relationship. As a person that has always had long term relationships I have never felt THIS crazy about a partner. And not a good crazy. Even though I know he is faithful I constantly have panic attacks whenever he leaves from worrying about our relationships. I am, and was never, the type of women to be insecure, but this medicine is driving me insane, and would recommend trying others."

BordanJaker (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I absolutely love this pill. I was previously taking Yaz which made me a crazy person. This has regulated my abnormal period. I get it the same day, same time, every month with no cramps. It has given me no negative side effects EXCEPT the fact that I gained 20 pounds. Other than that I love it. No decreased sex drive, spotting, emotional distress, etc. None of that. Just weight. Which I can live with compared to the horrible pills I've been on. Also has not failed me in regards to pregnancy. Only reason I gave this pill a 9 was the weight gain! Other than that it's a 10!"

Leaaaa13 August 20, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my 4th month after switching from Ortho tri-cyclin to tri-previfem due to my insurance and availability and I am miserable. For preventing pregnancy, sure, the pill works. But for anything else, it is horrible. I have gained several pounds over the last month and have not changed anything about my life style. My face is breaking out along my chin nearly every day. I am having constant serious mood swings. I am anti social and I have no sex drive. I have considered ending my year long relationship for the tiniest reasons and I am horrible to my family. I have never had mental health issues before I took this pill and I am hoping stopping will help me return to my normal self..."

Sooner92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was nauseous after taking it on my second week so I discontinued it. Breast was so sore."

Lele5 August 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on theis birth control for almost three years. No pregnancy scares, so side effects, regulated my period, and I had had intense cramps for the 4 years I was on my period before I started taking this. Sick the entire week, couldn't walk and puking everyday. And since I've taken this birth control I have had cramps probably twice."

Taylor7879 July 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This birth control worked fine for the first 3 months I was on it. But then I started getting large, vicious acne on my face which is super unusual for me! I never had a problem with acne, not even in middle or high school. So horrible that now that I'm in college and having to deal with near cystic acne. Not to mention the horrible, severe depression that I suffered from and am still trying to overcome after being off this pill for about 2 weeks. It almost ended my year long relationship. However, me and my boyfriend never had protected sex and I never had a pregnancy scare. But, I will say that the pill is different for everyone!!"

Ebs1996 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I never had a problem with birth control until I switched from the brand Ortho-Tricylcen to Tri-Previfem. It was ok for the first month of use but after that I found that this medication caused me to have heightened anxiety, loss of appetite, and even nausea. Bottom line- I'm switching back to what I was on before because of these side effects!"

Neveragain2.0 July 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went on this pill about 4 or so years ago and did not have too many issues. I occasionally broke out from time-to-time and i did gain a little weight over the last few years but I think that's more my fault for living off a college diet and not exercising like I should have. I went on the pill almost as soon as I became sexually active and have not had any pregnancy scares so it did that job in that respect. It also kept my periods regular and fairly short (about 4 days). However, around the time of my period I experienced extremely bad headaches (sometimes migraines accompained with vomiting) so my doctor just switched me over to a new pill recently. But other than that, I've had no complaints and would reccommend this birth control."

jegreen30 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this birth control for 6 months and I have finally decided to stop taking it. Although it did help eliminate my acne, regulate my cycle, and prevent pregnancy, the cons outweigh the pros for me. At first I didn't really experience too many negative side effects, but as time has gone on I have become severely depressed, moody, and unmotivated. I am constantly tired and have become extremely forgetful about even simple things. I have become overly anxious and paranoid. I did have anxiety at times before the pill, but it was never this bad. My breasts are constantly sore and I have absolutely no sex drive anymore. None at all. I know it's this pill causing this and I need to stop taking it so I can feel like myself again."

Kiikii2343 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this pill for roughly 6-7 months now and at first everything was going great. the past month or so however, I've had the most horrible anxiety, panic attacks, and irritability ever. Even more recently I've had nausea to the point where I'm throwing up periodically through the night. My anxiety was so bad I was having so many negative thoughts and didn't have the motivation to do much anymore. I couldn't come up with any other explanation until I thought about my birth control. I'm stopping immediately and will be seeing my doctor soon to switch pills hopefully!"

Megan102595 June 27, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So far been on this for about 3 months now... And I've gained weight rapidly. My mood swings are way off the wall. I'm tired just about everyday even after countless hours of rest. My periods are extremely abnormal in which they never were before. Random spotting...which is extra annoying. My past period cycle was so weird because I've just gotten it and it looked like it was going away, even thought it was lighter it lasted a lot longer than usual. You definitely get pregnancy like symptoms...such has the bloating excessive eating, sensitive nose, mood swings and defintley lots of fluids real easing from you're body."

TianaSimba0226 June 26, 2016