User Reviews for Tri-Previfem to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Tri-Previfem has an average rating of 2.9 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. 6% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 69% reported a negative effect.

Tri-Previfem Rating Summary

2.9/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Dannie20 February 22, 2011

“I'm not sure what's causing the abnormal bleeding but been on period for 20 days. Stopped period one day and now bleeding again, this has never happened to me before when using any other birth control.”

Miss Tee · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2014

“I just started these pills last month I had a period for 5 days and then 2 days later I experienced heavy bleeding. This pill has been causing me to feel nauseated and having severe stomach pains. I do not recommended this prescription to anyone.”

Anonymous April 13, 2011

“My insurance company just switched me from Ortho-tricyclen to Tri-Previfem. This is my second month on it. My period usually lasted for 3 days also. This time it's been 5 days. And in the past 2 days, I've had a lot of bleeding. I've gone through over 10 pads already today. I will stop taking it and try to go back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I'd been on Ortho Tri-cyclen for many years and never had any side-effect.”

binkc · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 14, 2013

“I have been taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen for about 6 years -- then my insurance switched me to Tri-Spintec. Then a couple of months after that I was switched to Tri-Previfem by my insurance. My period last month was so light, I was thinking "yay!".. but I'm halfway through my pack this month and have started my period again. I'm going to guess it will continue into next week when I'm scheduled to have my period. I don't like this at all. Part of the reason I love birth control is I can be in control of my period and schedule things around its arrival (i.e., my wedding coming up). After reading these reviews, I'm going to talk to my pharmacist about going back to Ortho Tri Cyclen. Thanks for the reviews ladies.”

Kate1518 September 13, 2015

“This has been my first month taking this birth control pill and the reason I decided to take it was to help regulate my period. Well now I have been bleeding longer than usual, I have really really bad cramps., I cry for no reason, I get mad at my husband and my daughter for no reason and I'm constantly depressed. I cant take it anymore.”

Alexis M September 9, 2015

“New to this birth control, my pharmacy ran out of my Tri- sprintec; experiencing bad stomach pains, heavier periods, and outrageous mood swings. Has curbed my hunger and have lost weight, while keeping extremely dehydrated too.”

T23 August 5, 2015

“Hey everyone, i thought i was losing it until i read these reviews. The first couple weeks on this were ok, then i have been spotting...which leads to heavy bleeding...to light bleeding...but now this has been going on for 3 weeks. I thought it was finally ending and today i had heavy bleeding at work. Through my super plus tampon and all over my dress. Yep awful. My dr. Told me it may take 3 months to adjust. Im beyond miserable. This pill sucks.”

Loo120 September 4, 2015

“Been on this BC for about 2nd or 3rd month now and never had a problem until this month thought it could of been different reasons but now that I look at the reviews people have had similar problems period usually last maximum normal 5 days and its been over 10 days spotting most annoying thing in the world still debating on changing to different BC...”

McKenSand · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 13, 2017

“I was diagnosed with PCOS which caused abnormal periods to the point where I wasn't having them for years. When I was diagnosed at 14 with it they immediately put me on Tri-Previfem. For the first 6 months everything was going great. Then the mood swings started, I suffered from depression before and then this just made it worst. I couldn't stop crying and never wanted to get oh of bed. Last week I stopped taking this and switched to Junel FE. For birth control and acne and period regulator I'd give this a 10/10 but wouldn't consider being on it for two years or long like I was because it can greatly mess with your emotions.”

UGHHHHHHHHHH December 12, 2016

“The first 2 months were okay until now... I usually bleed for 5 days an then spot for 2... I have been bleeding for almost 3 weeks now and I am bleeding more than I ever have before... I feel really sick and have been really tired... My anxiety has gotten worse and looking at food makes me want to throw up.... I'm sick of this pill and do not recommend it...!”

smh2223 May 5, 2016

“I switched to this pill about 7-8 months ago and it has been hell ever since. I became very depressed, anxiety was heightened, exhausted all the time, no motivation/energy, did not get out of bed, became very negative and angry, and had no libido. I would sleep for 12 hours and still be tired and take naps during the day. This affected my relationship and my boyfriend ended up leaving me due to my depression. I have now quit the birth control and I feel like a brand new person and back to my old self. Ladies, if you're having these side effects and it's affecting your relationship with your significant other, family, or friends.. do not wait it out!!!! I wish I could go back and quit the pill a longggg time ago!”

Meme M November 15, 2016

“I've been on for a week I've experienced every side effect on the list from nausea, queasy feeling in my stomach minor acne excessive sleeping no appetite looking at food makes me feel sick almost like I'm pregnant again Moody and no energy almost feeling weak..I have to take 3 at a time to stop and regulate my cycle due to an abonormal cycle that lasted 6 months after my pregnancy I'm already thinking about changing it I think the side effects are to much and the comments about this bc method is no good but at the end of the day every body is different”

Ova · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2017

“I've been on Previfem for 3 months and I am still experiencing breakthrough bleeding that lasts until my withdrawal bleed. I take the pill at 6:15 every morning, and have never been off by more than 15 min. The only positives are that my breakthrough bleeding occurs like clockwork (after 12 active pills) and it made my skin better. But the bleeding itself drains the life out of me and makes me really depressed. I gained 7 pounds on the pill, but I think I had a hormone imbalance that made me lose weight before that. I had lost 10 pounds while eating everything in sight before that, and I had a period that faded into light spotting but would not stop for almost 2 months (only stopped because of the pill). I am switching pills next month.”

Mrs.Shocklee · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2016

“Do not try this, I had read the reviews b4 I started this and felt real uneasy about taking it, but one review said it worked for the cramps, so I decided to take it and see what happens, by day 4 my hormones were so out of wack, I went from happy and loving my life to suicidal. I was crying about everything and I just wanted to die. I never knew something as simple as birth control could screw me up so bad in a matter of days. I also had started cramps like I has started, and I just got off my cycle, threw away my pills the next day and am doing much better the same day I came off of it.”

Marie6854677 August 10, 2015

“Been taking this birth control pill for about 3 years now. I had no problems or side effects until about 6 months ago. I started having breakthrough once a month every month. It was so annoying. I am starting a new pack next month, Apri.”

Kelya July 13, 2014

“I have been bleeding constantly, to the point I can't even have sex. It's like I'm constantly on my period I am switching as soon as I get the chance!!”

cutiepie2014 July 11, 2014

“My doctor prescribe me this birth control to help control my period. I am bleeding heavy and heavier. I stopped taking them. Heading to the ER, this is unbelievable.”

Learn more about Abnormal Uterine Bleeding