User Reviews for Mili

Birth Control
3.4

Reviews for Mili

Steph February 14, 2021

For Birth Control: “First- I would like to say that this is the first time I've ever been on BC. I'm 25 years old and I'm in a serious, committed relationship. I've been looking at these reviews on the BC pill Mili, a pill that I was prescribed That I'm taking for my irregular period, cramps and heavy periods- I do not struggle with acne, never did. While reading the comments, it appears to me that a majority have previously taken another form, or at least a type of BC pill before starting Mili. More often than not, your body will go whack because of the new hormones you are introducing, not to mention some other forms of BC may not mix well after your body has been regulated on a different pill for a while. So, keep that in mind. I just started taking Mili. Overall, I'm not experiencing anything major like: headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, breakouts, etc... Do not let other's reviews scare you. No one said that taking BC was going to ever be a 5 star experience.”

C · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've taken Sprintec for YEARS and have never had any side effects. My pharmacy was out of Sprintec, gave me Mili without telling me and I feel absolutely HORRIBLE after taking it for 1 week. I started spotting, cramping, feeling dizzy and exhausted. DO NOT TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL!”

14 April 21, 2021

For Birth Control: “It seems like most of the negative reviews are from people that switched to Mili from Sprintec. This is the first form of birth control I’ve ever been on and I have no side effects. I’ve been taking Mili for almost 4 months and my periods are regular, no acne, no weight gain etc. I recommend Mili for people that are taking birth control for the first time or that haven’t been on birth control for awhile. I’ve heard coming off birth control is a process (even if switching to another form) and it seems like Mili is being prescribed in an emergency situation since there is a shortage of Sprintec which could be causing people’s hormones to go out of whack. The only negative thing I have to say is that the pills are very small and it is easy to drop them when taking them out of the pack. That’s the only thing holding me back from giving a 10/10.”

Jan · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was switched to Milli by my dr who assured me it was the same as my Sprintec I was on for years. It is not the same at all. Horrible cystic acne emerged which I haven't had in 20 years with terrible stomach cramping and upset with bloating. Miserable. Luckily I had an old pack of Sprintec left and took that instead. Within 2 days I am feeling like my old self. Hopefully I can get more. Milli is NOT the same as Sprintec. Something is off. I don't care what the pharmacy or dr says, it is different.”

reviewer559 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was prescribed this birth control for my acne. When it was prescribed, I was terrified after seeing the negative reviews for this brand. However, I remained positive because most people generally review items when they hate them. Plus, everyone’s body is different and just because someone got a certain side effect doesn’t mean I’m guaranteed to get it. When I picked up my birth control, the main symptom that I was told I would experience is spotting. I’ve been using Mili for about 3 months and have not experienced any side effect at all!! Nothing has changed except that my acne is so much better! Overall, give it a chance!”

kels · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2021

For Birth Control: “i HATE this. Apparently Sprintec is on a nationwide shortage. I've been taking this for about 3 months. I'm bloated all the time, I began to think I was pregnant. I feel so hungry and tired and have the worst stomach cramps. My headaches are sometimes unbearable. I figured it wouldn’t be any different than Sprintec... but I hate it.”

Kem · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2021

For Birth Control: “I started taking Mili because my insurance no longer pays for sprintec. I was worried reading these reviews, but after a month I've had none of the negative side effects. My moods are intact, less breakouts, no sugar cravings except for the first day of menstruation (usually the week before and of my period). The only thing that changed was my flow. It was way heavier than I'm used to on the first day. The second day? Almost nonexistent. I'm very happy with the change.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2021

For Birth Control: “My pharmacy switched this on me instead of my regular sprintec. They are supposed to be the same dosage and pretty much interchangeable, but they are definitely not. I've been taking it for 2 months and I spend most of the month spotting, bloated, tired, and occasional cramping. My periods are heavier, which you wouldn't think is possible since I'm spotting all month. I'm honestly thinking about just going off of it until I can get sprintec again.”

Kendra v March 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “My Pharmacy ran out of Sprintec so I tried Mili. The first two days I had cramps felt like some food poisoning. I felt weak & non motivated. couldn’t even wear my contacts & I kept drinking water. The worst was the migraines on day 5 &6.. I started breaking out (my skin never does). I started getting strange hot flashes and also chills. I even started sneezing and I’m someone who never sneezes. I started to wonder why I was so bloated. I knew it was the medication after 6 days. The sixth day was the worst : the headache wouldn’t subside. I cleared my throat over 40 times last few days. I felt like I couldn’t even speak bc the headache was so bad like pounding on the sides of my Head.”

Lizzie · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2021

For Birth Control: “HORRIBLE. My pharmacist told me its exactly the same as sprintec. I've been bleeding for almost two weeks and have felt so insecure and emotional with hormone swings, I just straight up stopped taking it. I have an appointment with my OBGYN on the 15th and I'm demanding I get sprintec back or to send me to another doctor who can give it to me. ITS NOT IDENTICAL ITS WORSE. I wish I never took Mili.”

Karen November 23, 2020

For Birth Control: “AWFUL!!! Was slowly causing LIVER DAMAGE!!! By the third month mark, I began to have upper stomach cramps and pain to the touch. I also had nausea, vomiting, severe fatigue, weight loss, & a body rash (not seen but felt.) I wasn’t sure it was the birth control so I took myself to the ER. After several weeks of blood work my liver enzymes were up into the 500s. My doctor was about to do a liver biopsy but I started my period and took myself off of the birth control. After a week of not being on it daily, my stomach pain disappeared I no longer was sick! Two weeks later my liver enzymes are finally back down to almost normal! I would never recommend this birth-control to anyone!!”

nanasag84 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2021

For Birth Control: “HORRIBLE! I was on Sprintec which I loved, no side effects at all. Unfortunately my pharmacy ran out of Sprintec and gave me this awful little pill. My mood swings are horrible, I am extra emotional, my stomach is severely bloated as if I am pregnant, bad gas, night sweats, and the worse of it all I CAN NOT STOP EATING. Since taking this I am hungry all the time and I'm reaching for carbs mainly. This is terrible and I spoke with my gyno and she sent another prescription to the pharmacy to give me only Sprintec that they can not give me any other.”

HateHateHate · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've never written a review but I feel so strongly about this pill I need to share. I've been taking Sprintec for four years, I got switched to this one because of a shortage. I've been taking this pill for three days and I already want to stop. I've had a headache for three days, been so nauseous every time I eat that I have to lay down and close my eyes, my anxiety has been so much worse and I don't feel like doing anything, going to the store, doing my school work or even going on drives with my friends because I’m scared I’ll be so nauseous I’ll throw up. I never want to take this pill again and will be stopping immediately. If I could rate it -100 I would”

Eri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 27, 2019

For Birth Control: “Mili is the Best Birth control ever .... It doesn’t make me Gain weight, it’s like a HAPPY pill - keeps me in a super duper amazing mood. I couldn’t say this with other birth control. I Love it - not to mentioned cleared my acne...”

MM April 29, 2021

For Birth Control: “Oh my god when I tell you I was feeling so defeated and then I came to this page and saw all these reviews. I have been on Sprintec for 10 years...that's right 10. I have cystic acne and am also irregular and it was the only thing that helped me with both. Pharmacy said the patent ran out for Sprintec when I went to pick it up. I had a GYNO appointment the following week and my doc said not to worry it's the exact same....ITS NOT. I repeat IT IS NOT. First month was basically a period for three weeks. I also had pretty significant mood swings, and was breaking out for the first time in years, and not small blemishes. I've also have significant weight gain, which is partially bloating that doesn't go away and partially actual weight, but really who wants either!!! I have tried to wait it out since my doctor said three months and it regulates but it hasn't changed. Please if you just started on Mili, save some time and switch.”

Mae · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2021

For Birth Control: “I started Mili 2 weeks ago after my previous pill was discontinued and my emotions have been all over the place. Anxious, depressed, just super emotional. It just clicked today to do my research after crying again for something minor! Needless to say today will be the last day I take this medication.”

Chelsea · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2021

For Birth Control: “I had been taking Sprintec for two years mostly to clear acne and shorten my periods and I never had any issues with it I really liked it. I’ve taken one month of Mili and just started my second pack today and my mood was all over the place. I can’t stop crying and it makes me nauseous in the mornings because I take it at 10 pm before bed and my anxiety has been increased dramatically. I'm so confused because I was told it’s the same ingredients but I do feel a difference with this one than before. I’m probably going to try and stick it through the rest of this pack and hopefully my body gets used to it. It could be possible that this is not the medication causing it but it’s the only real change I have made. Definitely make sure to not take on an empty stomach.”

NN · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have never written a review before but I just had to share how awful this was for me. I took this pill for only 2 days and each time, I threw up hours later. I was so nauseous that I couldn't sleep. I stopped taking it after 2 days because I felt so sick and days later I still felt sick. I had no appetite for 3-4 days after and still had nausea and stomach pain. I was living off ginger ale and one small meal a day which was all I could stomach. I thought maybe I had the stomach virus but after reading other people's reviews, I saw they also had the same problems. I felt completely fine before taking this. If you have a sensitive stomach like myself then this might not be the one for you, but everyone is different. Good luck.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was switched to Mili suddenly when my pharmacy stopped ordering my other brand (other brand wasn't great for me either) so I stuck with it and things were ok for a while, but I noticed I got severely depressed frequently even though I couldn't explain why. My periods became irregular and I gained about 20 pounds. I stuck with it for so long because doctors told me birth control doesn't make you gain weight or destabilize your mental health. Just found out I wasn't the only person who experienced this, so I switched to a brand I had a few years ago. I feel so much better.”

Cal · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2021

For Birth Control: “Honestly it's awful. I was unable to get Sprintec which I've been on for 13 years and I ended up getting Mili and was told it was same. It is NOT! I want to cry all the time, I have to force myself to eat because I have no appetite and my stomach doesn't feel happy. I've always had anxiety but this has brought it up a whole level. I'm also breaking out like crazy...I'm trying to resolve my prescription because if I don't take my pills I get cysts so I'm in a lose/lose situation...this is a terrible pill.”

Plo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2021

For Birth Control: “Before Mili I was on Sprintec for three years and had absolutely no problems. My pharmacy gave me Mili because they were out of Sprintec and assured me it was exactly the same. Well I have come to find out it's not. I've been on it for almost three months now and I am still have terrible side effects. My breasts have gone up a whole cup size and I have a lack of motivation. I'm normally a pretty happy person but since taking this my anxiety is through the rough. Also, I have had a lot of gastrointestinal issues. Not only an I constantly bloated, someone who normally goes everyday, I am sometimes backed up for 5 days. I have also been spotting between periods and just recently my stomach has been in a lot of pain. Don't take this if you are already on a different birth control it will mess you up.”

BV123 · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2021

For Birth Control: “I recently was told I was to start taking Mili as my pharmacy, CVS, no longer carries Sprintec. I am 3 weeks into my first BC pack of Mili and I have never felt more awful. I have had a headache and have been extremely nauseous the past 4 days. My anxiety is through the roof and my breasts feel like they have gone up a whole cup size. When I was on Sprintec I never had any of these issues. I really never would have expected this when switching from one combination pill to another.”

Anonymous August 30, 2021

For Birth Control: “I have been on Mili for the past 2 months and I highly recommend it. I’ve never been on any birth control prior to this. I was initially prescribed Sprintec but the pharmacy didn’t have it so they gave me Mili instead. That was nerve racking for me as I didn’t know what the difference was and found mainly negative reviews about Mili. That being said, I have noticed no side effects whatsoever on it the past 2 months and have had no problem as far as taking it every day. It does the job and seems to work very well for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2021

For Birth Control: “I took Sprintec for about 3 or 4 years now but, my pharmacy ran out and dispensed me Milli. I can honestly say I'm miserable. As I lay here and write this, I have an awful headache. I usually don't get them. I have constantly been bloated since taking this pill. I'm just getting to the end of my first pack. I have had an upset stomach and gas frequently. My mood has been all over the place and I have no motivation to do anything. My hormones are all over the place. This is the worst pill ever!”

Owo · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 25, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been taking Mili for four months now, yes, the first three months were awful because of awful mood swings, but side effects faded and it really isn’t as bad as everyone says, I’m actually losing weight, and my acne clears quickly, it’s not that bad”