User Reviews for Mili to treat Birth Control

Mili has an average rating of 3.3 out of 10 from a total of 131 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 21% of those users who reviewed Mili reported a positive effect, while 70% reported a negative effect.

Mili Rating Summary

3.3/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Mili

Sagesoleil · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2021

“I had a horrible experience with this birth control. It made me feel bloated all the time. And if I took it too late in the day I would always wake up in the middle of the night throwing up. And the next morning I always feel very heavy, shaky, and weak. It’s toxic to my body. The only thing it was good for was preventing pregnancy. I'm so glad my obgyn switched me to a new brand that works for me.”

BV123 · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2021

“I recently was told I was to start taking Mili as my pharmacy, CVS, no longer carries Sprintec. I am 3 weeks into my first BC pack of Mili and I have never felt more awful. I have had a headache and have been extremely nauseous the past 4 days. My anxiety is through the roof and my breasts feel like they have gone up a whole cup size. When I was on Sprintec I never had any of these issues. I really never would have expected this when switching from one combination pill to another.”

Lor2021 · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2021

“I created an account just to write about how terrible this is. I’ve was on Tri-Cyclen lo maybe 10 years, which then switched to Sprintec maybe about 5 years ago - never experienced any side effects. The last month I wasn’t able to get Sprintec anywhere so had no choice but to accept the Mili, even after reading the bad reviews. I wasn’t until week 3 I noticed anything. I was beyond lazy, my mood was “blah” I just wanted to lay around doing nothing, and to say I was irritated at the drop of a dime, is an understatement. I couldn’t stop snacking. I told myself I would finish out the pack and then see what my options were to get back to sprintec but I honestly couldn’t even finish my last week. I’ve been off it for the last 3 days and can honestly already feel a change in my mood. I would 100% not recommend this to ANYONE!!”

Steph February 14, 2021

“First- I would like to say that this is the first time I've ever been on BC. I'm 25 years old and I'm in a serious, committed relationship. I've been looking at these reviews on the BC pill Mili, a pill that I was prescribed That I'm taking for my irregular period, cramps and heavy periods- I do not struggle with acne, never did. While reading the comments, it appears to me that a majority have previously taken another form, or at least a type of BC pill before starting Mili. More often than not, your body will go whack because of the new hormones you are introducing, not to mention some other forms of BC may not mix well after your body has been regulated on a different pill for a while. So, keep that in mind. I just started taking Mili. Overall, I'm not experiencing anything major like: headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, breakouts, etc... Do not let other's reviews scare you. No one said that taking BC was going to ever be a 5 star experience.”

Jan · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2021

“I was switched to Milli by my dr who assured me it was the same as my Sprintec I was on for years. It is not the same at all. Horrible cystic acne emerged which I haven't had in 20 years with terrible stomach cramping and upset with bloating. Miserable. Luckily I had an old pack of Sprintec left and took that instead. Within 2 days I am feeling like my old self. Hopefully I can get more. Milli is NOT the same as Sprintec. Something is off. I don't care what the pharmacy or dr says, it is different.”

C · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2021

“I've taken Sprintec for YEARS and have never had any side effects. My pharmacy was out of Sprintec, gave me Mili without telling me and I feel absolutely HORRIBLE after taking it for 1 week. I started spotting, cramping, feeling dizzy and exhausted. DO NOT TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL!”

14 April 21, 2021

“It seems like most of the negative reviews are from people that switched to Mili from Sprintec. This is the first form of birth control I’ve ever been on and I have no side effects. I’ve been taking Mili for almost 4 months and my periods are regular, no acne, no weight gain etc. I recommend Mili for people that are taking birth control for the first time or that haven’t been on birth control for awhile. I’ve heard coming off birth control is a process (even if switching to another form) and it seems like Mili is being prescribed in an emergency situation since there is a shortage of Sprintec which could be causing people’s hormones to go out of whack. The only negative thing I have to say is that the pills are very small and it is easy to drop them when taking them out of the pack. That’s the only thing holding me back from giving a 10/10.”

kels · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2021

“i HATE this. Apparently Sprintec is on a nationwide shortage. I've been taking this for about 3 months. I'm bloated all the time, I began to think I was pregnant. I feel so hungry and tired and have the worst stomach cramps. My headaches are sometimes unbearable. I figured it wouldn’t be any different than Sprintec... but I hate it.”

Kem · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2021

“I started taking Mili because my insurance no longer pays for sprintec. I was worried reading these reviews, but after a month I've had none of the negative side effects. My moods are intact, less breakouts, no sugar cravings except for the first day of menstruation (usually the week before and of my period). The only thing that changed was my flow. It was way heavier than I'm used to on the first day. The second day? Almost nonexistent. I'm very happy with the change.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2021

“My pharmacy switched this on me instead of my regular sprintec. They are supposed to be the same dosage and pretty much interchangeable, but they are definitely not. I've been taking it for 2 months and I spend most of the month spotting, bloated, tired, and occasional cramping. My periods are heavier, which you wouldn't think is possible since I'm spotting all month. I'm honestly thinking about just going off of it until I can get sprintec again.”

Plo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2021

“Before Mili I was on Sprintec for three years and had absolutely no problems. My pharmacy gave me Mili because they were out of Sprintec and assured me it was exactly the same. Well I have come to find out it's not. I've been on it for almost three months now and I am still have terrible side effects. My breasts have gone up a whole cup size and I have a lack of motivation. I'm normally a pretty happy person but since taking this my anxiety is through the rough. Also, I have had a lot of gastrointestinal issues. Not only an I constantly bloated, someone who normally goes everyday, I am sometimes backed up for 5 days. I have also been spotting between periods and just recently my stomach has been in a lot of pain. Don't take this if you are already on a different birth control it will mess you up.”

Kendra v March 6, 2021

“My Pharmacy ran out of Sprintec so I tried Mili. The first two days I had cramps felt like some food poisoning. I felt weak & non motivated. couldn’t even wear my contacts & I kept drinking water. The worst was the migraines on day 5 &6.. I started breaking out (my skin never does). I started getting strange hot flashes and also chills. I even started sneezing and I’m someone who never sneezes. I started to wonder why I was so bloated. I knew it was the medication after 6 days. The sixth day was the worst : the headache wouldn’t subside. I cleared my throat over 40 times last few days. I felt like I couldn’t even speak bc the headache was so bad like pounding on the sides of my Head.”

Lizzie · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2021

“HORRIBLE. My pharmacist told me its exactly the same as sprintec. I've been bleeding for almost two weeks and have felt so insecure and emotional with hormone swings, I just straight up stopped taking it. I have an appointment with my OBGYN on the 15th and I'm demanding I get sprintec back or to send me to another doctor who can give it to me. ITS NOT IDENTICAL ITS WORSE. I wish I never took Mili.”

nanasag84 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2021

“HORRIBLE! I was on Sprintec which I loved, no side effects at all. Unfortunately my pharmacy ran out of Sprintec and gave me this awful little pill. My mood swings are horrible, I am extra emotional, my stomach is severely bloated as if I am pregnant, bad gas, night sweats, and the worse of it all I CAN NOT STOP EATING. Since taking this I am hungry all the time and I'm reaching for carbs mainly. This is terrible and I spoke with my gyno and she sent another prescription to the pharmacy to give me only Sprintec that they can not give me any other.”

HateHateHate · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2021

“I've never written a review but I feel so strongly about this pill I need to share. I've been taking Sprintec for four years, I got switched to this one because of a shortage. I've been taking this pill for three days and I already want to stop. I've had a headache for three days, been so nauseous every time I eat that I have to lay down and close my eyes, my anxiety has been so much worse and I don't feel like doing anything, going to the store, doing my school work or even going on drives with my friends because I’m scared I’ll be so nauseous I’ll throw up. I never want to take this pill again and will be stopping immediately. If I could rate it -100 I would”

reviewer559 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2019

“I was prescribed this birth control for my acne. When it was prescribed, I was terrified after seeing the negative reviews for this brand. However, I remained positive because most people generally review items when they hate them. Plus, everyone’s body is different and just because someone got a certain side effect doesn’t mean I’m guaranteed to get it. When I picked up my birth control, the main symptom that I was told I would experience is spotting. I’ve been using Mili for about 3 months and have not experienced any side effect at all!! Nothing has changed except that my acne is so much better! Overall, give it a chance!”

MM April 29, 2021

“Oh my god when I tell you I was feeling so defeated and then I came to this page and saw all these reviews. I have been on Sprintec for 10 years...that's right 10. I have cystic acne and am also irregular and it was the only thing that helped me with both. Pharmacy said the patent ran out for Sprintec when I went to pick it up. I had a GYNO appointment the following week and my doc said not to worry it's the exact same....ITS NOT. I repeat IT IS NOT. First month was basically a period for three weeks. I also had pretty significant mood swings, and was breaking out for the first time in years, and not small blemishes. I've also have significant weight gain, which is partially bloating that doesn't go away and partially actual weight, but really who wants either!!! I have tried to wait it out since my doctor said three months and it regulates but it hasn't changed. Please if you just started on Mili, save some time and switch.”

Cal · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2021

“Honestly it's awful. I was unable to get Sprintec which I've been on for 13 years and I ended up getting Mili and was told it was same. It is NOT! I want to cry all the time, I have to force myself to eat because I have no appetite and my stomach doesn't feel happy. I've always had anxiety but this has brought it up a whole level. I'm also breaking out like crazy...I'm trying to resolve my prescription because if I don't take my pills I get cysts so I'm in a lose/lose situation...this is a terrible pill.”

NN · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2020

“I have never written a review before but I just had to share how awful this was for me. I took this pill for only 2 days and each time, I threw up hours later. I was so nauseous that I couldn't sleep. I stopped taking it after 2 days because I felt so sick and days later I still felt sick. I had no appetite for 3-4 days after and still had nausea and stomach pain. I was living off ginger ale and one small meal a day which was all I could stomach. I thought maybe I had the stomach virus but after reading other people's reviews, I saw they also had the same problems. I felt completely fine before taking this. If you have a sensitive stomach like myself then this might not be the one for you, but everyone is different. Good luck.”

Chelsea · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2021

“I had been taking Sprintec for two years mostly to clear acne and shorten my periods and I never had any issues with it I really liked it. I’ve taken one month of Mili and just started my second pack today and my mood was all over the place. I can’t stop crying and it makes me nauseous in the mornings because I take it at 10 pm before bed and my anxiety has been increased dramatically. I'm so confused because I was told it’s the same ingredients but I do feel a difference with this one than before. I’m probably going to try and stick it through the rest of this pack and hopefully my body gets used to it. It could be possible that this is not the medication causing it but it’s the only real change I have made. Definitely make sure to not take on an empty stomach.”

Mae · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2021

“I started Mili 2 weeks ago after my previous pill was discontinued and my emotions have been all over the place. Anxious, depressed, just super emotional. It just clicked today to do my research after crying again for something minor! Needless to say today will be the last day I take this medication.”

rinaxstar · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 20, 2021

“I made an account just to comment on how incredibly bad this birth control is. I was on Estarylla for a while, but then switched to Mili. Ever since taking it, I have had the absolute WORST depressive & anxiety attacks to the point where I think I’m going insane. It was never like this taking Estarylla, but my experience with that other brand was bad too. My periods have gotten heavier and more painful since taking this brand. My acne was cleared with Estarylla, but Mili has given me more acne. This birth control has pretty much made me miserable.”

Karen November 23, 2020

“AWFUL!!! Was slowly causing LIVER DAMAGE!!! By the third month mark, I began to have upper stomach cramps and pain to the touch. I also had nausea, vomiting, severe fatigue, weight loss, & a body rash (not seen but felt.) I wasn’t sure it was the birth control so I took myself to the ER. After several weeks of blood work my liver enzymes were up into the 500s. My doctor was about to do a liver biopsy but I started my period and took myself off of the birth control. After a week of not being on it daily, my stomach pain disappeared I no longer was sick! Two weeks later my liver enzymes are finally back down to almost normal! I would never recommend this birth-control to anyone!!”

mpj2764 May 17, 2021

“Like many other recent reviewers, I was switched from Sprintec to Mili when my pharmacy ran out of Sprintec. I've never had any issues with Sprintec (I've taken it for four years). After I started taking Mili, I made it a total of 4 days before I called the pharmacy and begged them to switch me back. I started the first pack of Mili on Sunday night, and by the next morning I was experiencing severe waves of nausea and a headache. Every day until I switched back to Sprintec, I felt incredibly nauseous and would waver between extreme hunger and having no appetite due to the nausea. I definitely would not recommend this as an alternative to Sprintec--or at all.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 2, 2020

“I was switched to Mili suddenly when my pharmacy stopped ordering my other brand (other brand wasn't great for me either) so I stuck with it and things were ok for a while, but I noticed I got severely depressed frequently even though I couldn't explain why. My periods became irregular and I gained about 20 pounds. I stuck with it for so long because doctors told me birth control doesn't make you gain weight or destabilize your mental health. Just found out I wasn't the only person who experienced this, so I switched to a brand I had a few years ago. I feel so much better.”

Emily · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2021

“I started taking this a week ago (for the most obvious of reasons to take birth control) and I am writing this from my couch still sick from it. I have NEVER had a bad experience with medicine like this. I have been nauseated, dizzy, my head hurts, and I'm throwing up. The side effects have lessened slightly, but the first night I was sick about every 20-30 minutes literally all night. I would not recommend this at all to anyone ever.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2021

“I took Sprintec for about 3 or 4 years now but, my pharmacy ran out and dispensed me Milli. I can honestly say I'm miserable. As I lay here and write this, I have an awful headache. I usually don't get them. I have constantly been bloated since taking this pill. I'm just getting to the end of my first pack. I have had an upset stomach and gas frequently. My mood has been all over the place and I have no motivation to do anything. My hormones are all over the place. This is the worst pill ever!”

Rose · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2021

“Was switched to Mili from Sprintec with no warning. Have been on it a month and I’ve been experiencing stomach issues and horrible acne on my chin. I’ve never had acne in my life and this acne is painful. I am calling my doctor to be switched back immediately to switch back. Do not take this birth control!”