User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe (Page 2)

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 25 reviews 97 medications

Acne 79 reviews 537 medications

3.3
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 601 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I was on loestrin for about 5 years until I decided to take a break and get off the pill. Although my skin was clear and it was effective at basically eliminating my period and most cramping, DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. It gave me horrible mood swings, anxiety and made me irrational, unreasonable and angry (basically insane) - which I didn't realize until I stopped taking it. I honestly thought I was just me until I got off and felt much more like myself. I've been happy and upbeat ever since."

Anonymous December 19, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this BC for three weeks now and my mood swings are absolutely insane. I cry 3-4 times a week and sleep for about 10-12 hrs a night. I feel sleepy, low energy and extremely negative. This is the first BC pill I've ever been on and I was prescribed it to treat my mood swings I was having a week prior to my menstrul cycle and now I feel the mood swings are always occurring! I feel very bloated also. I am going to check myself out of this whole birth control thing."

Annie223388 December 14, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "I have stage 4 endometriosis. I have been taking lo loestrin 26 for one month. I am miserable. Bleeding almost every day, weight gain, swelling over my entire body, terrible nausea and diarrhea, and unmanageable exhasution. I am a physician and trying to avoid a second excision surgery and the terrible periods with adenomyosis, but these side effects make me feel worse than before. I can barely function except for work. I skipped the placebo pills and to no avail, I am still bleeding. Time to call the surgeon's office. So disappointed with this drug,"

Yoga doc December 11, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "If i could rate this a zero, I would. I have suffered with painful periods since seventh grade and finally went on the pill two months ago. I have had near perfect skin my entire life and my skin is so terrible now that even my mother who is the type to say it's not the bad is extremely concerned. My breasts are also extremely sore and I have been spotting so bad that I have to wear a pad, not even a pantie liner. My doctor is not even telling me to stick out the next month, I switching pills next week at the start of my next period. Do not do this to yourself, especially if you have clear skin to start with."

Ca1234 December 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been on this birth control for 5 weeks now, I was given 3 free months worth to try from my doctor. I take very good care of my skin and I was used to having acne just before a period with my oily combo skin. After the third week of taking this my skin has turned abosolutely horrible! Cystic acne which I've never ever had in my life and I'm in my mid 20's. My entire forehead and cheeks is covered in acne and even spreading to my chest, I'm so upset with this birth control I do not reccommend! I will be going to my doctors tomorrow to switch to TriCyclenLo starting next month. I'm fighting my acne right now with: lush cosmetic warrior mask, 10% benzoyl peroxide medicine, apricot scrub face wash, tea tree oil, and multi vitamins"

Ali1990 December 5, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I'm 22. Been on this for 3 months. They put me on it for heavy periods and horrible cramps. I have gained 10lbs, had nausea, horrible pelvic pain, had no periods, and bad mood swings. I do not recommend."

Anonymous!!!!!!!! December 5, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This is my 5th month on this pill (in my 40s prescribed for abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding). I keep getting my period while on the blue pills and then AGAIN when I start the white. Period is lighter but getting it twice a month seems like an unfair price. Kept sticking with it bc I like that it is low dose but I'm just not sure it's right for me. Will probably call my doctor Monday. Was so hopeful this could help me. Also.... moderate menstrual cramps experienced on this pill. I haven't had those in years."

Anonymous December 4, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had many problems in the past with keeping my hormone levels normal. After switching to this pill, my levels have evened out. However, I have noticed that when I do have my cycle (which is rare) I become extremely nauseated and feel absolutely sick. Everyone reacts differently but if you're going to try this pill, just know if you're like me there's a possibility of a lot of debilitating nausea and chances of fever."

Sassyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The first two weeks I did have heavy spotting and slight nausea, which went away before the first month was over. It cleared my face from acne, I didn't have much to begin with. And I gained no weight at all and no bloating. I honestly love this birth control I asked my doctor for a low hormone pill and this is what he subscribed. I'm very happy with it, I will not be switching any time soon. I plan on keeping it for sure!"

Bella nova (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been using the pill for two and a half weeks now and absolutely love it. I had previously used Sprintec, a generic over the counter pill that was free, and prior to Obamacare was 9 dollars a month with my insurance. I changed pills after my insurance refused to allow me to take yaz and the next best option was this. My skin is more clear, my attitude is happier, my sex drive is through the roof, and I think depending on your natural level of hormones, this pill can do great things for you. I don't approve of the cost, but thankfully my doctor said he will supply me with free monthly trial packets until my insurance agrees to cover yaz."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 9 years and have always loved it. I basically never have a period and have never been pregnant or had a pregnancy scare. HOWEVER, I got my first yeast infection after about 4 months on this pill. My doctor at the time told me this was normal in women. I have been getting yeast infections 3-5 times a year since starting this pill. My new doctor has informed me that this many yeast infections is, in fact, NOT normal. I have just switched my birth control."

hanbanan November 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am 25 years old. Just started taking loestrin 24fe. Took it a week before my peroid. It's been two weeks since then. No period yet. Haven't done the deed yet so I dont know how effective it is. Started taking it due to being married soon (next week in fact). The problem Is I'm having shortness of breath and pain in my knee (thought it was pain due to walking home from work everyday, now not so sure. Could be a possible blood clot. My calf is hurting as well. I'm going to continue to take my pills but have compression socks on from now on to limit the clots if I have any. I'm healthy (except I have synthyroid) only 25, so I shouldn't be having problems like this right? I'm keeping my legs over my heart as instructed to lessen the pain."

Pickle juice (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Lo Loestrin FE for about 8 months. I was placed on Lo Loestrin due to excessive bleeding as a side effect to another medication. My cycles over the last 8 months have been on one month and off the next month, however this month it all changed. The week my cycle should have come on, it failed to do so and this would have been my on again month. There is absolutely no chance that I am pregnant. I started my new pill pack and my cycle decided to come on the same day. I am now into my second week of blue pills and my cycle is still on.I can't take my other medication during this time because it causes excessive bleeding and clots. Don't know what to do next."

Deme 2 November 14, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "I've been put on loestrin 20 now for so far 3weeks I've two days left of the first pack! My experience already has mostly been positive I've had less cramping after my last period as I started it on the first day of cycle, I'm able too go too the bathroom more frequently as I would have got backed up at certain times in the month with m.c and ovulation.y breasts have filled out lol I'm only a size 8 and have a small bust and my skin has cleared on my face. I do suffer with endo and my doctor put me on this as a last resort basically. I've spotted throughout the month but I did anyways so don't know if I can blame it on this. She did advise me that diff positions-during intecourse can help & not flare the endo up which bothered me."

Tash16 October 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been on this for a month and a half, i know its kinda early but DO NOT take this pill, my anxiety is through the roof i dont even wanna get out of bed anymore and start my days, i feel like a crazy person, i am not myself, very anxious, dizzy. Cant wait to be done"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "If I could give this medicine a 0 for acne I would. I've been on it for years because it's the only birth control that seriously regulates my heavy periods, but it makes my skin horrible. I'm in my 20's and my skin looks like a 13 year old's. It gives me horrible cystic acne that no face treatment can clear up. I've tried everything. I didn't have this type of acne in my teens and I was never seriously prone to it before starting this medicine."

falloutgirl October 12, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Was put on this pill after I came off microgynon after 5 years as it made me insane. I've been on loestrin for 3 months and will be changing as soon as I can. I have been having the most severe nightmares on this pill and I am woken up every night in a tizz. Also my boobs have grown a cup size which is good, but I have also gained weight and can't seem to shift it. Feel constantly fat. Also all my life I have had essentially perfect skin but since being on this pill my skin is constantly greasy which has resulted into spots. On the plus side, mood is generally good and no pregnancys but the nightmares are too big of a deal to carry on"

Holly199328 September 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I went on this pill when I got into my first serious relationship. I've tried other birth control pills before and had to go off of them because of weight gain. When I finally got back on the pills, I thought it was great because my periods were always regular, I had no weight gain, and my skin was flawless. But, after being on it for 6 months now I'm realizing that this pill is the reason for my poor mental health. I went from being happy and satisfied with my life, to being an actual crazy person. I started lashing out at the people I loved as the months progressed. I would have the worst mood swings of my life. I would be happy and laughing, and the next minute I was in tears. It turned me into an angry person that I didn't know."

Nothappyandalsoscared September 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "this pill has been giving me the blues. Since starting I've had constant yeast infections & bv. Increased hunger nausea and severe bloating. Only thing it does efficiently is prevent pregnancy & btw. I haven't seen my period in 3 months. Feeling terrible "

Destoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This pill is horrible. I've tried my fair share of different birth control pills, this being my 4th, and it is by far one of the worst. Since I've started it, it makes me hungry at all times- I NEVER feel full, ever! I can eat and eat and eat and not feel a thing. The increase in appetite and the want to binge has made me gain about 15 pounds since starting this pill about 5 months ago. The main reason I'm on birth control is to lighten my very heavy periods, which it does, but the side effect of increased appetite which causes weight gain makes it not worth it. Will definitely be switching to a different pill asap."

ashtk9 September 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for roughly 2 years and after hoping it would get better, I decided to try a new pill. It made me very irritated out of nowhere sometimes, would make me very emotional around my MS and made me have absolutely NO sex drive. When I did have sex, it was extremely painful and unpleasant(it was not like this at all before). I also started having face/back acne right after starting the pill. The only reason I give it a 3/10 is because of 2 years of use, it prevented pregnancy and I had very light periods."

Eh.. (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 12, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Absolutely hated this birth control pill. Within a few days of taking it, the cystic acne started and I read some reviews urging people to stick with it and it'd get better, so I did for 6 months, but this wasn't the case for me. My skin got worse.. A lot worse. My skin wasn't great to begin with, but it was horrible on loestrin. Whole face covered in under the skin bumps and large cystic acne on cheeks and chin. Been off of it for almost 4 months and I can't seem to get the acne gone now. So frustrating. No other side effects"

Angryacne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My experience is similar to one above mine. I have only been on it a couple of weeks. My breasts have grown alot. I started taking the pill on the first day of my period like the pack said to do. It stopped my period, I know it's early but so far I'm happy with it. Hope this helps someone ."

KatM48223 September 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I started this pill and was excited but had to stop right in the middle of the pack. I mean out of nowhere, there is a burst of bleeding. I went to the bathroom and it's like my period snuck up on me and it was almost 2 weeks before my period is due. There was lots of clots and brown yucky stuff. On top of all that my moods were really crazy. I would be lying in my bed and would feel like crying and then be okay the next moment. I have only been off now for two days cause I just couldn't take the crazy mood swings and the bleeding anymore. I also noticed a great deal of fatigue and even that has changed even after just 2 days off of loestrin. It's not worth it and I cannot wait for it to be out of my system."

I Quit Right in the Middle August 31, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this for years, after experimenting with ones that made me: fat; bloated; emotional; nuts. I love it, no acne, no weight gain, no period... I'll take it!"

Piper terra August 27, 2016