User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe (Page 2)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control
6.6

Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 6.6 390 reviews

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Acne "I started this pill three months ago (what a mistake!) Not only has it messed up my skin but I have been a hormonal wreck. Other side effects include breast pain and severe headaches! I do not recommend taking this pill, especially if you are looking to clear your skin."

JP6622 January 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Absolutely horrible. I have been on this for about a year. I guess I never put two and two together and realized what was causing my breakouts until looking up other women's experiences. I have horrible cystic acne on my cheeks that will come and stay and then my skin will be perfectly clear and it will come right back, not to mention the scars this has caused me. I also agree it has made my anxiety absolutely horrible and sometimes I get so depressed I literally will just cry. I go back to the doctors in February and I am going to asked to be switched. I'm hoping this acne clears up, it is absolutely embarrassing... especially when your job makes you deal with the public all day"

Kier January 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been on this medication for almost a year. Before I was on Lo Loestrin I had very painful cramps that kept me in bed for at least 2 days every month. This medication has helped to stop those cramps completely. I never have a period and it is the best thing ever. For some women I think that they would be freaked out by not cycling, feeling as though the blood is "trapped" inside them for some reason, but this medicine works by not releasing any eggs, which means the uterus does not need to shed. If I had to complain about anything it would be acne. I have never had acne, especially on my forehead and chest, and it seems like ever since I started taking this medication I constantly have tiny pimples on my chest and forehead."

tfcfef3 January 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been taking this medication for only 12 days. My skin used to be perfect and I did not even have to wear any makeup. My skin has become horrendous, and I haven't even been on the pill for 2 weeks. I am stopping it tomorrow and I am going to see if this clears up my face. My cheeks, jawline, and chin broke out so much and I have never had that happen before. I hate it so much and I don't even want to leave my house. Please check with your doctor and other people who are on this to see of this is right for you."

hustle&bustle (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Reading some of these reviews has made me feel SO much better. I started this BC about 6 months ago, and while my acne/face was certainly not perfect beforehand, it has gotten SOOOOO MUCH WORSE since starting this. Horrible, huge, painful cystic acne - repeatedly, especially on the cheeks. I do not wear makeup at all, so no reason for my pores to be this oily and clogged. Honestly, I am about to just stop taking it, it's really not worth it for me (especially as I'm on it for acne and period maintenance and don't even have a partner at the moment). I've been on several other types of BC over my lifetime - Yaz, Yasmin, Gianvi, Ventura, probably others way back in the day. Absolutely none of those made my face look as bad as this."

Ninabeena83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on loestrin for about 3 years before switching to its generic equivalent, mylan. After about 5 years of being on this brand I started getting really bad symptoms (nausea, cold sweats, dropped body temp, migraine) so I decided to quit birth control all together (was on it about 10 years). Within 2 months I gained 10 pounds, particularly in the midsection. At first I didn't connect the dots and started a straight vegetarian meal prep diet and worked out 4-6 times a week. My weight steadily kept going up until I gained about 30 lbs in 6 months, again mostly in my belly. I read up that this is a common side effect of quitting birth control, particurly with the loestrin/mylan 24 fe brand. It's been over a year and still no end in sight"

Anniebear (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had a terrible experience with this bc. Once I started taking it, I was very nauseous daily for a week. Once I got my period, it was so painful and so heavy, I couldn't even do anything. I would also get a full blown period twice in one month. My period was never like that before. I stayed on it for 3 months or so trying to let my body get used to it but it was not working out. I started taking this birth control to shrink ovarian cysts. I had two small ones that did go away but I had another bigger one pop up. But Everybody is different. I just felt like sharing my experience. I am now taking minastrin 24 fe. So we will see how this works for me...."

Tories (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. I have NEVER had acne or oily skin in my life (I'm 25 years old now) actually I've always had pretty clear skin and very dry skin, and now it's filled with cystic acne and it's constantly oily ever since I switched to this. I have given it 4 months because that's what my obgyn suggested, and it just seems to keep getting worse and worse. And not to mention I've gained 15 pounds, and I'm pretty sure it's made my depression and anxiety worse. I go on the 25th of this month to get switched back and I wish I could just throw this crap in the trash but I'm afraid it'll throw my periods out of whack if I suddenly stop taking it. Ugh! It's awful."

Kaylee6651 January 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I wanted shorter periods and had breast pain on my old pill, so I asked for a low dose bc. I'm on month 4 of this pill and want to be off it desperately. Pack 1, I got a 1 day period and got excited. Pack 2, in the second week I spotted a lot, then got a 2 day period on schedule. Pack 3, I spotted for 2 weeks and then had heavier spotting for a period. I'm almost through the first week of pack 4 and still bleeding, although it is way lighter than my previous periods on a different pill. I can't deal with this bleeding. My dr said give it 4 months and here we are. I am asking to be put on my old bc asap, I'll put up with the sore boobs!."

reenabeena December 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had very bad hormonal acne after a week of taking these pills. After 2 months I can say that my skin has never looked so bad in my entire life! I had to go to a dermatologist and switch back to my previous birth control pills (which, I thought, were not so good... but now I realized that they were wonderful compared to Lo Loestrin Fe!...)"

M_haze (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I started taking Loestrin Fe in June 2016 due to heavy menstrual bleeding and debilitating pain. I had gastric bypass surgery and found my periods got worse. My GYN Provider recommended this pill. The first few months were very difficult due to mood swings, daily spotting and painful cramps. There were times I wanted to stop the pill but I stayed on it. About 4-5 months later things I noticed things were a bit better. My periods are much lighter and the cramps are more tolerable. I am not layed up and overly cranky the week before my period like before. Instead of getting my period once every 2 weeks it seems to be moving towards 3-4. For reference, I am 38 not sexually active and do not have children. Hopefully things will get even better."

MayAnne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on loestrin for about 5 years until I decided to take a break and get off the pill. Although my skin was clear and it was effective at basically eliminating my period and most cramping, DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. It gave me horrible mood swings, anxiety and made me irrational, unreasonable and angry (basically insane) - which I didn't realize until I stopped taking it. I honestly thought I was just me until I got off and felt much more like myself. I've been happy and upbeat ever since."

Anonymous December 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this BC for three weeks now and my mood swings are absolutely insane. I cry 3-4 times a week and sleep for about 10-12 hrs a night. I feel sleepy, low energy and extremely negative. This is the first BC pill I've ever been on and I was prescribed it to treat my mood swings I was having a week prior to my menstrul cycle and now I feel the mood swings are always occurring! I feel very bloated also. I am going to check myself out of this whole birth control thing."

Annie223388 December 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I have stage 4 endometriosis. I have been taking lo loestrin 26 for one month. I am miserable. Bleeding almost every day, weight gain, swelling over my entire body, terrible nausea and diarrhea, and unmanageable exhasution. I am a physician and trying to avoid a second excision surgery and the terrible periods with adenomyosis, but these side effects make me feel worse than before. I can barely function except for work. I skipped the placebo pills and to no avail, I am still bleeding. Time to call the surgeon's office. So disappointed with this drug,"

Yoga doc December 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "If i could rate this a zero, I would. I have suffered with painful periods since seventh grade and finally went on the pill two months ago. I have had near perfect skin my entire life and my skin is so terrible now that even my mother who is the type to say it's not the bad is extremely concerned. My breasts are also extremely sore and I have been spotting so bad that I have to wear a pad, not even a pantie liner. My doctor is not even telling me to stick out the next month, I switching pills next week at the start of my next period. Do not do this to yourself, especially if you have clear skin to start with."

Ca1234 December 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been on this birth control for 5 weeks now, I was given 3 free months worth to try from my doctor. I take very good care of my skin and I was used to having acne just before a period with my oily combo skin. After the third week of taking this my skin has turned abosolutely horrible! Cystic acne which I've never ever had in my life and I'm in my mid 20's. My entire forehead and cheeks is covered in acne and even spreading to my chest, I'm so upset with this birth control I do not reccommend! I will be going to my doctors tomorrow to switch to TriCyclenLo starting next month. I'm fighting my acne right now with: lush cosmetic warrior mask, 10% benzoyl peroxide medicine, apricot scrub face wash, tea tree oil, and multi vitamins"

Ali1990 December 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I'm 22. Been on this for 3 months. They put me on it for heavy periods and horrible cramps. I have gained 10lbs, had nausea, horrible pelvic pain, had no periods, and bad mood swings. I do not recommend."

Anonymous!!!!!!!! December 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This is my 5th month on this pill (in my 40s prescribed for abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding). I keep getting my period while on the blue pills and then AGAIN when I start the white. Period is lighter but getting it twice a month seems like an unfair price. Kept sticking with it bc I like that it is low dose but I'm just not sure it's right for me. Will probably call my doctor Monday. Was so hopeful this could help me. Also.... moderate menstrual cramps experienced on this pill. I haven't had those in years."

Anonymous December 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've had many problems in the past with keeping my hormone levels normal. After switching to this pill, my levels have evened out. However, I have noticed that when I do have my cycle (which is rare) I become extremely nauseated and feel absolutely sick. Everyone reacts differently but if you're going to try this pill, just know if you're like me there's a possibility of a lot of debilitating nausea and chances of fever."

Sassyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The first two weeks I did have heavy spotting and slight nausea, which went away before the first month was over. It cleared my face from acne, I didn't have much to begin with. And I gained no weight at all and no bloating. I honestly love this birth control I asked my doctor for a low hormone pill and this is what he subscribed. I'm very happy with it, I will not be switching any time soon. I plan on keeping it for sure!"

Bella nova (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using the pill for two and a half weeks now and absolutely love it. I had previously used Sprintec, a generic over the counter pill that was free, and prior to Obamacare was 9 dollars a month with my insurance. I changed pills after my insurance refused to allow me to take yaz and the next best option was this. My skin is more clear, my attitude is happier, my sex drive is through the roof, and I think depending on your natural level of hormones, this pill can do great things for you. I don't approve of the cost, but thankfully my doctor said he will supply me with free monthly trial packets until my insurance agrees to cover yaz."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 9 years and have always loved it. I basically never have a period and have never been pregnant or had a pregnancy scare. HOWEVER, I got my first yeast infection after about 4 months on this pill. My doctor at the time told me this was normal in women. I have been getting yeast infections 3-5 times a year since starting this pill. My new doctor has informed me that this many yeast infections is, in fact, NOT normal. I have just switched my birth control."

hanbanan November 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 25 years old. Just started taking loestrin 24fe. Took it a week before my peroid. It's been two weeks since then. No period yet. Haven't done the deed yet so I dont know how effective it is. Started taking it due to being married soon (next week in fact). The problem Is I'm having shortness of breath and pain in my knee (thought it was pain due to walking home from work everyday, now not so sure. Could be a possible blood clot. My calf is hurting as well. I'm going to continue to take my pills but have compression socks on from now on to limit the clots if I have any. I'm healthy (except I have synthyroid) only 25, so I shouldn't be having problems like this right? I'm keeping my legs over my heart as instructed to lessen the pain."

Pickle juice (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Lo Loestrin FE for about 8 months. I was placed on Lo Loestrin due to excessive bleeding as a side effect to another medication. My cycles over the last 8 months have been on one month and off the next month, however this month it all changed. The week my cycle should have come on, it failed to do so and this would have been my on again month. There is absolutely no chance that I am pregnant. I started my new pill pack and my cycle decided to come on the same day. I am now into my second week of blue pills and my cycle is still on.I can't take my other medication during this time because it causes excessive bleeding and clots. Don't know what to do next."

Deme 2 November 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I've been put on loestrin 20 now for so far 3weeks I've two days left of the first pack! My experience already has mostly been positive I've had less cramping after my last period as I started it on the first day of cycle, I'm able too go too the bathroom more frequently as I would have got backed up at certain times in the month with m.c and ovulation.y breasts have filled out lol I'm only a size 8 and have a small bust and my skin has cleared on my face. I do suffer with endo and my doctor put me on this as a last resort basically. I've spotted throughout the month but I did anyways so don't know if I can blame it on this. She did advise me that diff positions-during intecourse can help & not flare the endo up which bothered me."

Tash16 October 18, 2016