User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe (Page 2)

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 25 reviews 97 medications

Acne 57 reviews 523 medications

3.7
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 549 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I started taking Loestrin in Sep 2015 after experiencing weight gain, general sadness and headaches on Yasmin. At the time I was starting a new job & training for a marathon so initially put my anxiety down to that. However after completing the race & becoming settled & happy in my new job I still experiencing severe anxiety, having panic attacks and racing negative thoughts. I stopped taking Loestrin, within days the symptoms subsided. This month (Feb 2016) I foolishly decided to give the pill another chance convincing myself I had been over-reacting to the side effects previously. Within 4 days the symptoms returned, stopped taking & already getting back to normal"

Chi Jane Gavhure (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have PCOS and Endometerosis and neither one of them caused a problem with my skin. People always complimented me and then my doctor suggested for me to be put on YAZ. Wow I loved Yaz because that birthconrtol pill cleared up my moods and my skin just looked even better and I just loved that medication. Since everyone was having problems with it, my doctor stopped my Yaz immediately and then prescribed me Lomedia. Since I have been on Lomedia, I have had my gall bladder removed, I have facial hair, I have acne like you wouldn't believe, horrible stomach pains and now IBS. Then I took a month break from the Lomedia and everything cleared up. I was back to normal. I would not recommend this product. I never had these problems before Lomedia"

Seanna2124 February 17, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I am almost on my second pack and I have had 3 periods in the time I have been taking this. I'm constantly nauseated and feel the need to throw up & have painful cramps the first day of each period."

Anonymous February 14, 2016

For Acne "I've always had terrible, oily skin so my doctor finally put me on Loestrin. It took my skin a couple months to stop breaking out but now it is near perfect! I even have people complimenting me on my skin now which believe me would never have happened before. Also has completely stopped my period and I now only have mild symptoms."

Julia11112222 February 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for about 4 months and I've really had no problems with it. I have had a lost of appetite but nothing to severe I also missed a period one month but that hasn't happen again and my periods have been really light and short. No mood swings. Some acne but not much more the usual."

ashleighhhhhhh February 8, 2016

For Acne "Wow same problem here! Chin zits just like the big undergrounders that you would get in high school. On top of that my mood swings are seriously out of control. I can just snap at any moment. Definentley would not recommend ."

Lo lo crap February 6, 2016

For Acne "Lo Loestrin was a MIRACLE for my face. I struggled with acne as a young teenager and it eventually cleared in time, but when I went off to college my stress level sky rocketed. I got switched to Lo Loestrin and haven't had a zit since then. I have combination to oily skin type and I have noticed a big difference in to amount of oil on my skin! It's even helped even my skin tone out! Love love love this brand!"

Hannah0896 February 5, 2016

For Acne "I am BEYOND angry at how terrible my skin broke out while using this medication. It was a mystery to myself and family when my face began to break out terribly, to the point where I was prescribed oral acne medication and the painful cysts still didn't go away. This medication almost ruined my skin, I am so thankful I stopped when I did and read these reviews! It's honestly infuriating that this was the cause! I stopped taking this pill about a week ago and my skin has already cleared up substantially. Do not recommend!!!!"

UGHHhh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I have no real side effects the only one I can think of is weight gain. I gained about 6 lbs but not even in the beginning it was about 3 months in. I can't seem to lose those 6lbs but oh well."

Toady27 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

For Acne "I been taking this pill for about 8 months and let me tell u what a Nightmare at 32 I thought I had left my acne problems in my teens.. I been depressed crazy anxiety from the bad acne this pill has giving me white heads and cysts like pimples all over my chin.. Don't recommend this to anyone!!!"

Lady_g January 18, 2016

For Acne "It's funny because I usually get a break out here and there like every normal girl and I thought maybe this was just a coincidence that I was horrendously breaking out. I'm talking huge pimples plastered on my checks and little white heads all over my forehead. I thought maybe it was a coincidence till I read reviews and seen that this causes acne for a lot of people. I quit taking it 2 days ago, and my face is already immediately clearing back up again. I think I'll just stick to condoms. Birth control has been a night mare for my face."

Heatth (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 22 years old and this is the first time I've been on a BC. After reading all the bad reviews I wanted to make sure that there is at least a good one. Everyone's body is different and reacts different. So don't let scary reviews scare you away. Try it for yourself and if you don't like it you can always find something that you do like. I have been on this BC for 3 weeks going on 4 and I love it so far! No spotting, mood swings, headaches, depression and my skin is more clear than before. I have also noticed my boobs are getting bigger, they're a little sore but not bad. So far I'd say its a good experience "

NotoriousGypsy (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Acne "This so far has been the only pill/birth control where I don't feel emotionally unstable; I feel like my regular self. HOWEVER, I have noticed a significant increase in pimples: breakouts on my face. It looks terrible, like connecting the dots. I feel like I'm just going to deal with it because it's the lesser of the two evils. Also, this is only my second pack of if, but I did have 2 periods in one cycle. I've never had that with another birth control. Probably going to get another pack at my next appt. I would much rather feel emotionally normal than have perfect skin. Yes, my skin is looking bad. But not many other options!"

EmmJee January 11, 2016

For Acne "Why would you prescribe someone with acne this medication to clear it up if it only makes it so much worse? I had a few pimples and black heads and now I'm covered in all sorts of acne including cystic and white heads all over my face. I've cried a lot and have been so embarrassed and I'm just now realizing from these reviews that it's a trend to have horrible acne from taking these pills. No idea what I should do about it now except to spread the news to people that are thinking about taking this pill to not waste your time I and apparently so many others have suffered."

Upsetbitch December 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Horrible, horrible, horrible I have never had acne this bad in my life!!!!!!!!!! My WHOLE chin and jawline are red and covered in cystic acne!!! I HAD PERFECTLY CLEAR SKIN BEFORE. I am honestly in a complete panic with what is going on with my skin. I'm in shock that a small pill could do this much damage. My face hurts so bad because of the acne. Its been only 3 weeks since I started taking it. Switching to sprintec tomorrow. DO NOT USE THIS, SAVE YOUR SKIN!!!!!"

Loestrin sucks (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2015

For Acne "IT WAS HORRIBLE. Hated my life while taking it. Never had bad acne before until this. During the second week of taking loestrin I got really bad and painful cystic acne. It wasn't just on my face, it was all over my body. It got to a point where I didn't feel like walking out of my house because of it. Mind you, this happened over the course of only 2 weeks. I also felt super depressed and moody, nauseous. I didn't feel like myself. It helped my cramps, but it definitely not worth it. Switching to another bc. I was hopeful everything would be fine, but it turned out to be a hellish experience. Would not recommend to anyone for sure."

Hateloestrin1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

For Acne "My gynecologist gave me this pill to "regulate my hormones (periods)" and it was the worst decision ever. I ended up quitting the pill after I reached a month because it gave me THE WORST ACNE OF MY LIFE (which I'm still suffering from a month after quitting), mood swings, depression, and HORRIBLE BLOATING! And I have suffered from acne all my teen years (17 now) but it was regular hormonal kind of acne I would get during that time of the month. I actually had pretty bad acne earBut the acne I have now is on a whole other level.. And to top it all off, the pill didn't even do what it was supposed to do. I didn't get my period while on this pill and now I have regular period again. I wish I would've never taken this pill!!!!!"

Em2898 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started this birth control and it has been the worse experience. My periods were,ways regular on time, and I barely got cramps or back pain. On this pill I have been getting really bad back pain and bad cramps to the point it wakes me up at night. I never spotted and on this pill I spot every two weeks but this month it feels as a regular period.... Its not convenient whatsoever. The only pro I could say is a bit larger breasts. That's it!"

Dont recommemd October 10, 2015

For Acne "This is literally a nightmare for your skin. On the week where you aren't taking the pill, my skin literally dried up. And almost immediately on the first day of taking the the pill after the break week, I will wake up the next morning with a cyst or two on my chin. I am done using this for good. Destroys your skin."

Lady Beck September 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Loestrin 24 Fe when I was 19 years old for 4 years. I have a slim body and I'm active. My periods are light and I don't get cramps or back aches while on my period and I don't have problems with acne. My periods were just very irregular. I would sometimes get my period the next month, the next week, and even the next three months! And they would last like 1 week, 2 weeks and even 4 weeks one time! I was on Loestrin for 4 years because it didn't give me any negative side effects. It gave me regular periods and I never got pregnant. I stopped taking it because my doc told me they discontinued it! So she prescribed me Minastrin 24 Fe. I looked up the reviews for it and didn't like what I saw. So I've been off bc for 2 years."

No complaints September 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I loved being on this pill. The only reason why I stopped is because I am way too busy to take it at the same time every day, so I now have a birth control implant. I did not gain weight. Acne... well, I've always had bad acne, even before birth control. I was secretly hoping it would clear it up, which it did not, but it definitely did not get worse. No weight gain, etc. Lightened my cycles for the fist year, then afterwards I would regularly get my period every other month, and then I would never get it (and take tests when I was worried.) Towards the end (I was on it for years), I was horrible with taking it on time-- there were days I would even forget to take it. With back up protection, I still was never pregnant. Loved this pill."

Ashleys Experience September 11, 2015

For Birth Control "This is a summary of my experience so far Month1 Week1 - 1 period, 2 to 4 light period, 5 normal, 6 light period, 7 spotting Week2 - 1 to 3 normal, 4 spotting, 5 bb, 6 to 7 spotting Week3 - 1 to 4 spotting, 5 to 7 normal Week4 - 1 to 3 normal, 4 normal, 5 light period, 6 light period, 7 light period Month2 Week1 - 1 light period, 2 to 7 normal Week2 - 1 to 2 normal, 3 light spotting, 4 spotting, 5 light bb, 6 to 7 bb Week3 - 1 bb and cried for no reason, 2 bb For reference, bb - breakthrough bleeding normal - no periods"

JennyDango (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control was advised to me strictly to help the awful symptoms of my menstrual cycle stomach aches, heavy bleeding etc6 and loestrin ended up taking my period away for over a year. This although it seems amazing, did not seem healthy to me at all. I also lost a ton of hair the first month or so of going on it. My hair is still not healthy as it was before. Barely grows.. a lot drier.. I currently am off of it and it took me almost 4 months to finally get my period back again. Now that the symptoms are back in full swing.. I am wishing I never went off of it obviously.. but I am definitely afraid of going back on it and losing my hair all over again so it looks like I am toughing out the symptoms with the rest of the female race"

Ashlab94 August 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin for about 3 months after a year on generic OrthoCyclen. Initially it was a great switch because the last one made me extremely moody, but the new one had no emotional effects. The first two months we annoying because I was having breakthrough bleeding. By the 3rd month I finally had a normal cycle, but after finishing the 3rd pack I noticed a LOT of my hair was falling out! Apparently Loestrin is a high androgen pill that can cause hair loss, and with a history of hair loss in my family I should never have been on it in the first place. Please talk to you doctor about this side effect before starting; I've lost over 20% of my hair in the last week and it may last another year."

Ces20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Acne "I never breakout ever ( only when i was a teen) I always got compliments for my skin and this has made me breakout, i been getting lots of leg cramps too and spotting all over my cycle. Emotionaly im the about the same. Ive never taken birth control and i think from my experience on this is not worth it."

Liss MM July 21, 2015