User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 388 reviews 300 medications

6.6
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 388 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "Cannot wait to get off this pill...horrible mood swings! Extremely irritable, crying at everything, beginning to dislike my husband (not good!), feel like I am coming out of my skin some days, I cannot stand myself and I'm pretty sure my family is starting to feel the same. Took me a couple of months to figure out it was the pill causing it, since this all started after I started taking it 4 months ago. I started with it to help with very heavy periods, it is helping with that although I did have a 2 week period last month which is never enjoyable. Pretty sure this pill is causing me to have this PMDD which I have never experienced before. It's horrible. Switching to something else so hopefully it will get better!"

KEC, age 49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was taking Microgestin for 4 years and switched to test out if the other BC was giving me weight gain. Never got around to the experiment because Loestrin was a nightmare. I had spotting every day since day 5 of the pack. Then cystic acne started popping up and I couldn't control it with anything! With the other BC, I was able to control it, and it at least went away like a normal pimple, but this acne is painful and HUGE. Combined with the constant spotting and losing all my good thongs to the BC being sassy , I decided to switch back. Based on other reviews, seems like these side effects aren't going anywhere."

I'm a Dog (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So this is my second time on this birth control. When I took it correctly I wouldn't have many periods and never super painful. I'm terribly sensitive to most birth controls. My migraines were so bad they thought I had a tumor. But it was too much estrogen in the birth control. The first time went well but I was taken off of it due migraines again with auras. But later I figured out it was biotin instead. So far I'm 4 months on this and my skin hasn't looked healthier in the past 6 months. My periods are more like two days of light cramping and then brown sludge for 3 to 4 days. I'll gladly take that over other periods for sure. For me this works because it's such a low dose."

Leighlow (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Loestrin 24 Fe a few years back by my GYN. I only took it for about a month then stopped due to side effects such has dizziness and chest pain."

Lucy H July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have only been on this pill for 4 days now and I all ready have noticed large cystic pimples appearing on my cheeks and chin. I have never had perfect skin to begin with but I have never experienced cystic pimples nor have I ever broken out on my cheeks. After reading these reviews, I am glad to know that I am not the only one experiencing this. I started taking birth control to help with my heavy and irregular periods but I have ultimately decided to stop using this pill due to the negative effects it has already had on my skin. I personally do not recommend this pill especially if you are starting it with the intentions of clearing your skin."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm on my second month on this pill (it was a 3-month free sample) and I have been pretty good with making sure not to miss (I have missed once or twice by an hour tops) I am not perfect. But honestly I have gotten constant bleeding and spotting in an unfavorable color. I am trying to wait out till my gyno app next month but I went on this pill for protection but mainly because I was fainting/having awful side effects on my periods and its now recurring at a larger scale. This was supposed to be my first pill but I feel like its been an awful experience."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I started this pill about 2 or 3 years ago and I don't remember my starting side effects then. But my first time around it was GREAT, I had really bad periods prior to starting this pill and lo loestrin caused me to not have one at all. I loved it and my sex life was flourishing with my boyfriend. In April of this year I had to stop taking it because I lost insurance coverage and couldn't afford it at manufactured price, instead I started taking a pill that brought my period back but it was barable. I started back on Lo loestrin in June 2017 and was already on my cycle from the last pill. I thought once I took my first blue pill of Lo Loestrin my period would begin to ease up but no, it's June 30th and I'm STILL bleeding."

Bribee (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control for 8 years. Doctor switched me from Kariva to Lo Loestrin FE due to migraines with aura and extremely heavy periods/debilitating cramps. I am on week two of my second pack of lo loestrin. First month, fine and dandy although I did not get a period, and I fully expected one. I am now two weeks in on my second pack and have full bore started my period unexpectedly (always makes a girl happy.) horrible cramps/back cramps/exhaustion. Lots of clots. Not sure what to do. Irritated that this happened especially when my doctor did this to help ease my periods now I'm having it irregularly and not any better. Getting married in 4 months and his NEEDS to get under control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Im so happy I'm not alone here with saying this pill is absolutely awful. I've always had ok skin, but I get bad cystic acne, and got on this pill for this main issue. I've had bad stomach issues, but thats another story- I just wanted my face cleared up. I cry over how bad my face has gotten in the month I've been on this pill. My doctor told me it would take 3 weeks to work, yet told me 3 whole packs (3 months) a different time. I wish I never got on this. I was on Yaz for a month and it did wonders for my face, but made me incredibly nauseous. I'd rather go back to that in all honesty. Wish I read these reviews sooner. Don't go on this pill if you are looking to clear up acne, I'm worried about going off it now, what it'll do to my skin"

em24123 May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Looking over these reviews, it's such a relief to know that I am not alone in dealing with the HORRIBLE, EMBARRASSING and PAINFUL cystic acne this has caused me. Until starting, my (then) clear, flawless skin was the thing I liked best about myself. HOWEVER, within a month, this had truly RUINED my skin forever. Excessive and deep cystic acne that did not respond to any dermatologist treatments and sent me into a spiral of low self-esteem. Gyno insisted I stick with it for 6 months to see if it evened out. IT DID NOT! Instead, what I've been left with is unresponsive acne for the past two years (yes...1.5 years after I stopped taking this) because of this horrible pill. Also, did not work properly and gave me 2 periods/month :) STAY AWAY!"

Beckymw4 May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I didn't notice at first why my acne was getting better, then I realized it was the birth control. After I stopped the pill I noticed huge bumps on my chin and around my cheeks, and acne on my chest. I recently re started back on the pill and my skin is all of a sudden clear again so it works for acne very well for me. Everyone seems to be different."

Kaylabr May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have never had perfect skin however after taking this pill it is in horrendous shape. My doctor gave me a 3 month trial and I was told to come back after that time frame to see how it was reacting with my body. In these 3 months I noticed my skin slowly getting worse (mainly jawline and down my neck) and I was also having no periods and was also feeling moody and tired all the time. My doctor wanted me to stick with the pill for an other 3 months to see if everything started to even out. At month 5 I have cystic acne down my neck. I still don't have a 'real' period, just random spotting during the month. Also I don't feel tired as often however sleep about 11 hrs/night to feel refreshed. Definitely don't recommend this birth control."

Gmjj (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this BC for about 6 months. This was the second one I tried since the first one made me sick every single morning. This brand though was much worse- about 3 months into it I realized new small bruises all over my legs. Every day there would be more. Then I started coughing up blood. When that happened I went straight to the doctor and told them all that was going on, they ran blood tests and everything. I called my mom crying because I was certain I had cancer. My mom was crying, my dad was crying, my boyfriend was crying. We all were expecting it to be bad. I felt dizzy all the time and like I would pass out, I just felt miserable. Well the blood test came back clear- turns out it was the BC. Never again. Don't take it!"

Scary12 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Since being diagnosed with Epilepsy I was put on pills to prevent seizures which did not help until I was also put on Loestrin 24 Fe. So far no seizures. I believe its related to a hormonal imbalance and the Birth Control definitely helps. I have not had any bad symptoms at all. No nausea, no mood swings. I have tried every single Birth Control I could think of and this is the only one I like by far. I plan to stay on it for another 6-12 months and try for baby #3."

Blessed Libra (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have never posted a review for any product, but seeing reviews for this birth control was such an eye opener that I had to! I am 22 and I have been on lolo for about a year. My entire life I maybe got 5 tiny pimples. The first few months of being on this pill I didn't notice any changes. However, each month after that my acne kept getting worse and worse. I did not realize it was from this pill until I started reading reviews and looking and pictures and matching to the time I started this birth control. My acne has gotten so bad that there are times I will not even leave the house. The day I saw these reviews I threw all of my pills in the garbage. It has been a month and I am still fighting the acne. STAY AWAY!"

Anonymous April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "*update from spookyblack* I forgot to mention the terrible nightmares I have been having they are really messed up, and break through bleeding. This pill has made me super tired, depressed, and have gnarly mood swings. I have been eating a lot and have gained a lot of weight. Great just in time for summer right? I have felt the worse about myself and looks ever since I started this pill. Please don't do this to yourself and not to mention the nasty acne I, and so many girls have experienced."

Spookyblack (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Since being off birth control for about 4 years I decided I wanted to try a mini pill. I have endometriosis and my doctor had mentioned it could help with ovarian cysts. Since day 1 of taking this pill I have been bleeding. It's now the end of my pack and I still have had bleeding throughout the entire time. I don't really want to continue taking it if this is going to continue, the point of going on the pill was to prevent pregnancy but if I'm bleeding all month anyways I don't even have sex- so there's no point. I have also never had acne and now it's all over my face which makes me depressed and my self-esteem is now horrible! The only thing I like about this pill is the fact that I didn't gain weight and my moods are decent."

PandaBear1818 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This pill is a nightmare!!!! I have had clear skin all of my life and enjoyed makeup as a hobby, now I absolutely hate it because I feel like it is an obligation to cover up the disgusting, painful cysts that this pill has caused!!! My self esteem is extremely low, I don't remember the last time I saw my real face and felt confident. I will be seeing my doctor very soon to get off of this terrible terrible terrible pill!!!"

sadgirl123 February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I do not recommend this pill. After being off birth control for 7 years i wanted to go back on. My DR prescribed it to me saying "most" people don't get their periods or many side effects at all. After one week of taking the first blue pills the bleeding started. Not to mention the unbearable cramps and back pain. The mood swings, crying for no reason. Day 4 of bleeding today and not only is it still there but it has gotten even worse. I gave it a few days but after this morning I am NOT taking this pill anymore and I don't even know if I'll go on back on another after this horrible experience. Luckily my insurance covered most of this but STILL. Stopping halfway through pack. DO NOT GO ON THIS PILL!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Let's start with the fact that l just cried for 20 minutes bc of the acne this pill has given me. I've been on it for exactly 2 weeks and never seen a pimple in my life. Suddenly my entire forhead is covered in pimples. I was put on this pill because I got my period every 5 days and it lasted for 6-11 days. No blood or spotting since l went on the pill which is a miracle for me! But I am still pretty upset about my skin."

kate827291 February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Cleared my acne up so fast. Its nice. Other than that everything is going good except I'm turning into a grumpy person"

Crterred (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had been on lo loestrin fe for about 2 years. During the early first year I didn't have many problems, occasional break outs. I had very light periods. By the last year I was never having my period at all, my gyno said it was normal and that's why people like this pill. I didn't mind it, but it scared me that I go nothing no drop of anything AT ALL for about 10 months in a row. I though that cannot be good for my body. Along with that, my acne got the worst it has ever been. My right side of my face broke out in huge pimples side by side. I have never had acne like this. I stopped taking it about 2 weeks ago, considering I was pretty much sure it was due to this birth control. Now I'm struggling to clear my face. Do not take this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "First, I want to say how terribly saddened I am to see the comments from so many women about endometriosis and taking birth control pills to "cure" it. It goes to show how severely inadequate and ignorant our health care system is when it comes to women and this debilitating disease. Birth control does not fix endo. It does not cure it. The ONLY treatment that has a chance of curing endo is expert excision surgery by a skilled surgeon. Laparoscopy is just a diagnostic tool. Not a treatment. Birth control can help some of the symptoms for some women. But it does nothing to actually fix it. Please ladies, ask questions, research your disease. Most doctors still don't know the basics of endo, which is frightening!"

Artemisiac (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started this pill three months ago (what a mistake!) Not only has it messed up my skin but I have been a hormonal wreck. Other side effects include breast pain and severe headaches! I do not recommend taking this pill, especially if you are looking to clear your skin."

JP6622 January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Absolutely horrible. I have been on this for about a year. I guess I never put two and two together and realized what was causing my breakouts until looking up other women's experiences. I have horrible cystic acne on my cheeks that will come and stay and then my skin will be perfectly clear and it will come right back, not to mention the scars this has caused me. I also agree it has made my anxiety absolutely horrible and sometimes I get so depressed I literally will just cry. I go back to the doctors in February and I am going to asked to be switched. I'm hoping this acne clears up, it is absolutely embarrassing... especially when your job makes you deal with the public all day"

Kier January 23, 2017