User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Birth Control
6.5

Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 6.1 398 reviews

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I’m on month 2 of loestrin, which my gyno recommended for me as I didn’t want something with a lot of hormones. The first month I had lots of spotting that would come and go at inopportune times, but that stopped after my first period on the pill (which lasted only 2-3 days and was light). However my body and facial hair has been OUT OF CONTROL. Plus, some acne and shrinking boobs. I told the gyno and she just prescribed me Gianvi, which is supposed to block the male hormones. Reading those reviews, it doesn’t look good either, but I’m thinking that the anxiety is just something that’s going to come with the birth control territory. (I tend to have anxiety both on and off the pill, but definitely worse on it.) I’m glad I read some of these other loestrin reviews, because I considered sticking this pill out for a few more months, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to get better!"

nicsunshine June 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this for one month , and for that entire month I hated it. I’ve been on different pills before- marlissa and Apri- which both made me nauseous and moody, but Lo Loestrin was pretty bad. I was spotting for a week and a half before my period and I even got my period two days before I even finished my active pills. That had never happened before with any other birth control pills I was on. Also, the period I got was excruciating . My ovaries were rock solid and my cramps were terrible. Plus I was bleeding way too much for being on birth control."

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control pill and I have been on it for about two months. I have been very moody/sensitive and cry about everything!!! I mean I could cry until my eyes hurt. I had no idea that it was from this pill until I decided to stop taking them because they were causing horrible cystic acne on my face. I stopped a few days ago and my mood is a lot better already. Take this pill at your own risk because I don’t recommend it."

Sunshine227 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this for 3 months to eleviate/dissolve cysts. In the process, I also lost 35 pounds. I was 160 and dropped to 125. My heart rate increased a little, my stomach was a little irritated after meals, but overall I felt fine. I only took it for that time frame and for that purpose."

Jenn (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Horrible! Been on it only a month. I have Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and this was supposed to help give me lighter periods or none at all. I went totally crazy, worst PMDD episode in 15 years. I was crying and arguing with my fiance for hours. Last time I had an episode years ago I was on yaz. I'd rather get labor pain period cramps than deal with the crazy episode. I actually though my fiance was gonna kill me after a nightmare I had. I will never take birth control pills again. Normally I'm not crazy, seriously."

Dixie March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "So I was originally on Tri Nessa Lo for about 6 months, skin was clear but my PMS was horrible. I have horrible mood swings and was very unstable. I also got my period for 7-10 days. I decided to switch to Lo Loestrin Fe. My first couple months were horrible as I had bad cystic acne all over my chin and jaw. My gyno said that it was my body adjusting to the new pill. I’m at 6 months now and my skin is worse than ever before. My forehead is covered in bumps and my T-Zone is so oily now and I have pimples all over such as chest and back. (Before I was even on birth control I hardly got acne, only when I was getting my period). Anyways, on a positive note I got my period for about 2 days a month and my PMS was better. I am looking for a new birth control method or I may just quit altogether."

annabanana11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I had nothing but wonderful experiences with loestrin. No breaking out, weight gain, loss of sex drive, or mood swings. I did get pregnant on this birth control after about 7 or 8 months.... however I did miss two days of it due to running out and my pharmacy being closed over the weekend. So be very careful to not miss a single day and you should be perfectly fine. It definitely helped with my endometriosis pains. I stopped taking it for a few months and had to miss work each month because the pains were so awful. I got back on to it ASAP and do not experience those anymore. 10/10 recommend this birth control."

ShainaL. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 4 years. I can honestly say I haven’t noticed any majors problems like I’m reading from other women. I have been on birth control since I was 16 so it’s hard to say what’s normal and what’s abnormal for me. I don’t have acne problems. Occasionally annoying pimples. My periods are nonexistent at this point. I don’t bleed AT ALL. Which kind of bothers me because it’s not to get the “you’re not pregnant” notification from your period bleeding. I don’t get bloated. Mood swings ? Eh, nothing out of the ordinary. I have my moments just like anyone else. I’m about to switch to the copper IUD because I feel like I’ve been on hormones for too long and fear the long term consequences. Very nervous to switch considering I’ve had zero problems."

Kirstie (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 10, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first contraceptive pill I have ever tried and was recommended to me by my gyn. I've only been taking this pill for a month, and in comparison to other users, I haven't had any weight gain or loss. I did have one cystic pimple on my cheek but it went away after a couple of days. I have moved up a breast size and I'll have to get new bras which is kind of irritating but my periods are much less painful. As for the duration of my cycle there have been no changes. I do experience slight irregular mood swings as well, but nothing horrible. My one complaint with this drug is the extremely high price."

yesono December 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for five months. I wanted a contraceptive pill which would control my acne and which would have a lower dosage of hormones as well (I was taking Yaz before). I happen to be very sensitive to hormones. With this pill though, I got cystic acne on my forehead, on my temples, on my cheeks, on my chin and on my neck. I have an acne-prone skin but I have never had such bad acne than since I started this pill ! Also, my mood swings are a rollercoaster and I can feel sad and cry for no reason in the middle of the day and feel happy again right after that. I am done with this pill and am going to find another birth control solution."

crazyhormones3 September 28, 2017

For Birth Control "Cannot wait to get off this pill...horrible mood swings! Extremely irritable, crying at everything, beginning to dislike my husband (not good!), feel like I am coming out of my skin some days, I cannot stand myself and I'm pretty sure my family is starting to feel the same. Took me a couple of months to figure out it was the pill causing it, since this all started after I started taking it 4 months ago. I started with it to help with very heavy periods, it is helping with that although I did have a 2 week period last month which is never enjoyable. Pretty sure this pill is causing me to have this PMDD which I have never experienced before. It's horrible. Switching to something else so hopefully it will get better!"

KEC, age 49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I was taking Microgestin for 4 years and switched to test out if the other BC was giving me weight gain. Never got around to the experiment because Loestrin was a nightmare. I had spotting every day since day 5 of the pack. Then cystic acne started popping up and I couldn't control it with anything! With the other BC, I was able to control it, and it at least went away like a normal pimple, but this acne is painful and HUGE. Combined with the constant spotting and losing all my good thongs to the BC being sassy , I decided to switch back. Based on other reviews, seems like these side effects aren't going anywhere."

I'm a Dog (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

For Birth Control "So this is my second time on this birth control. When I took it correctly I wouldn't have many periods and never super painful. I'm terribly sensitive to most birth controls. My migraines were so bad they thought I had a tumor. But it was too much estrogen in the birth control. The first time went well but I was taken off of it due migraines again with auras. But later I figured out it was biotin instead. So far I'm 4 months on this and my skin hasn't looked healthier in the past 6 months. My periods are more like two days of light cramping and then brown sludge for 3 to 4 days. I'll gladly take that over other periods for sure. For me this works because it's such a low dose."

Leighlow (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Loestrin 24 Fe a few years back by my GYN. I only took it for about a month then stopped due to side effects such has dizziness and chest pain."

Lucy H July 18, 2017

For Acne "I have only been on this pill for 4 days now and I all ready have noticed large cystic pimples appearing on my cheeks and chin. I have never had perfect skin to begin with but I have never experienced cystic pimples nor have I ever broken out on my cheeks. After reading these reviews, I am glad to know that I am not the only one experiencing this. I started taking birth control to help with my heavy and irregular periods but I have ultimately decided to stop using this pill due to the negative effects it has already had on my skin. I personally do not recommend this pill especially if you are starting it with the intentions of clearing your skin."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm on my second month on this pill (it was a 3-month free sample) and I have been pretty good with making sure not to miss (I have missed once or twice by an hour tops) I am not perfect. But honestly I have gotten constant bleeding and spotting in an unfavorable color. I am trying to wait out till my gyno app next month but I went on this pill for protection but mainly because I was fainting/having awful side effects on my periods and its now recurring at a larger scale. This was supposed to be my first pill but I feel like its been an awful experience."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I started this pill about 2 or 3 years ago and I don't remember my starting side effects then. But my first time around it was GREAT, I had really bad periods prior to starting this pill and lo loestrin caused me to not have one at all. I loved it and my sex life was flourishing with my boyfriend. In April of this year I had to stop taking it because I lost insurance coverage and couldn't afford it at manufactured price, instead I started taking a pill that brought my period back but it was barable. I started back on Lo loestrin in June 2017 and was already on my cycle from the last pill. I thought once I took my first blue pill of Lo Loestrin my period would begin to ease up but no, it's June 30th and I'm STILL bleeding."

Bribee (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 1, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control for 8 years. Doctor switched me from Kariva to Lo Loestrin FE due to migraines with aura and extremely heavy periods/debilitating cramps. I am on week two of my second pack of lo loestrin. First month, fine and dandy although I did not get a period, and I fully expected one. I am now two weeks in on my second pack and have full bore started my period unexpectedly (always makes a girl happy.) horrible cramps/back cramps/exhaustion. Lots of clots. Not sure what to do. Irritated that this happened especially when my doctor did this to help ease my periods now I'm having it irregularly and not any better. Getting married in 4 months and his NEEDS to get under control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

For Acne "Im so happy I'm not alone here with saying this pill is absolutely awful. I've always had ok skin, but I get bad cystic acne, and got on this pill for this main issue. I've had bad stomach issues, but thats another story- I just wanted my face cleared up. I cry over how bad my face has gotten in the month I've been on this pill. My doctor told me it would take 3 weeks to work, yet told me 3 whole packs (3 months) a different time. I wish I never got on this. I was on Yaz for a month and it did wonders for my face, but made me incredibly nauseous. I'd rather go back to that in all honesty. Wish I read these reviews sooner. Don't go on this pill if you are looking to clear up acne, I'm worried about going off it now, what it'll do to my skin"

em24123 May 31, 2017

For Acne "Looking over these reviews, it's such a relief to know that I am not alone in dealing with the HORRIBLE, EMBARRASSING and PAINFUL cystic acne this has caused me. Until starting, my (then) clear, flawless skin was the thing I liked best about myself. HOWEVER, within a month, this had truly RUINED my skin forever. Excessive and deep cystic acne that did not respond to any dermatologist treatments and sent me into a spiral of low self-esteem. Gyno insisted I stick with it for 6 months to see if it evened out. IT DID NOT! Instead, what I've been left with is unresponsive acne for the past two years (yes...1.5 years after I stopped taking this) because of this horrible pill. Also, did not work properly and gave me 2 periods/month :) STAY AWAY!"

Beckymw4 May 23, 2017

For Acne "I didn't notice at first why my acne was getting better, then I realized it was the birth control. After I stopped the pill I noticed huge bumps on my chin and around my cheeks, and acne on my chest. I recently re started back on the pill and my skin is all of a sudden clear again so it works for acne very well for me. Everyone seems to be different."

Kaylabr May 20, 2017

For Acne "I have never had perfect skin however after taking this pill it is in horrendous shape. My doctor gave me a 3 month trial and I was told to come back after that time frame to see how it was reacting with my body. In these 3 months I noticed my skin slowly getting worse (mainly jawline and down my neck) and I was also having no periods and was also feeling moody and tired all the time. My doctor wanted me to stick with the pill for an other 3 months to see if everything started to even out. At month 5 I have cystic acne down my neck. I still don't have a 'real' period, just random spotting during the month. Also I don't feel tired as often however sleep about 11 hrs/night to feel refreshed. Definitely don't recommend this birth control."

Gmjj (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on this BC for about 6 months. This was the second one I tried since the first one made me sick every single morning. This brand though was much worse- about 3 months into it I realized new small bruises all over my legs. Every day there would be more. Then I started coughing up blood. When that happened I went straight to the doctor and told them all that was going on, they ran blood tests and everything. I called my mom crying because I was certain I had cancer. My mom was crying, my dad was crying, my boyfriend was crying. We all were expecting it to be bad. I felt dizzy all the time and like I would pass out, I just felt miserable. Well the blood test came back clear- turns out it was the BC. Never again. Don't take it!"

Scary12 May 15, 2017

For Birth Control "Since being diagnosed with Epilepsy I was put on pills to prevent seizures which did not help until I was also put on Loestrin 24 Fe. So far no seizures. I believe its related to a hormonal imbalance and the Birth Control definitely helps. I have not had any bad symptoms at all. No nausea, no mood swings. I have tried every single Birth Control I could think of and this is the only one I like by far. I plan to stay on it for another 6-12 months and try for baby #3."

Blessed Libra (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

For Acne "I have never posted a review for any product, but seeing reviews for this birth control was such an eye opener that I had to! I am 22 and I have been on lolo for about a year. My entire life I maybe got 5 tiny pimples. The first few months of being on this pill I didn't notice any changes. However, each month after that my acne kept getting worse and worse. I did not realize it was from this pill until I started reading reviews and looking and pictures and matching to the time I started this birth control. My acne has gotten so bad that there are times I will not even leave the house. The day I saw these reviews I threw all of my pills in the garbage. It has been a month and I am still fighting the acne. STAY AWAY!"

Anonymous April 7, 2017