User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 25 reviews 97 medications

Acne 58 reviews 523 medications

3.7
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 552 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I gave this pill 4 months and my face has been progressively getting worse with each pack. I'm also on 75mg of Spironolactone and I feel like that helps some, but not enough. I went on this to help with my chronic headaches and menstrual migraines, but it didn't help either. In fact, my cramps and migraines were horrible. I felt so sick every time I would bleed. I'm getting headaches every day still and I break out constantly. I'm also super depressed and feel down all the time. That just started with the 4th pack. The pros are I didn't gain any weight. My breasts grew a cup size and I didn't get pregnant."

batsy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Took this med for one full month and half of another and stopped using it. Headaches daily: pain at top of my head and down my neck, mood swings and anxiety like never before. Unable to lose weight. Just didnt like how it made me feel. Period was not as heavy was only benefit. Ill suffer 4 days of heavy period to never feel like this again."

MJB1967 August 12, 2016

For Acne "Absolutely terrible, this pill made me depressed, angry, and anxious. I can barely sleep at night, and it's causing my cheeks to break out (I've never had acne on my cheeks...). I've also had to go to the doctor because I fainted multiple times (note: I have never ever fainted or even come close to it) along with being lightheaded, nauseous, and having no appetite whatsoever. I'm 19, and I've been on it about 3 months. Would not recommend unless you want to be a completely different person (for the worst). The one good thing is I haven't had a period since I've been on it."

Sky123 July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I haven't used this for very long, probably less than a week, and I know your body's suppose to get use to it however after reading these experiences I don't think my symptoms are gonna change. I'm not sure how effective the pill is for sex because I used it to calm down my periods however ever since I've started using it I get pains in my lower stomach. they feel like period pains and the pill has put my whole mood down. I do get acne kinda normally however i broke out so much on my forehead and I'm almost positive it's from this pill. it's Thursday and I started it Sunday and I've gained probably 5-6 pounds already. it literally makes me hungry 24/7 which is a nono. i'm either stopping all together or switching to a new pill."

jennaaD July 15, 2016

For Acne "Was on Microgestin 1/20 but was making me depressed, so doctor prescribed this. Really only taking this to regulate periods and help clear up acne. Took the pill for THREE nights and already have three huge cystic pimples on my face... I rarely get cystic pimples, usually just some whiteheads around time of period. Also felt extremely nauseous and lightheaded. Not continuing with this... it is different for everyone, but not worth it for me."

steer clear June 30, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Been on the pill for three months. Originally because I'd get my period for 7-8 days very heavy and it would make me anemic. Although it's helped with the heavy bleeding I'm getting my period every 2 weeks accompanied by the bad headaches. I decided that the 7-8 days once a month no pill is a better option."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I thought at first taking thsi was going to help me mellow out with my severe PMDD. My period pretty much disappeared after 2 months, but I began having bad anxiety, tired and hungry all the time, bloated and swollen. My hair also began falling out more than usual. I stopped it about a week ago, and have so much more energy and feel bacl on track. I'm not sure what my periods are going to be like now, but the pills side effects are not worth it to me."

PB1997 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for two years and everything was awesome! My acne did worsen significantly but my dermatologist fixed me right up. Nauseous the first month on the pill. I used to have extremely heavy periods and this pill made my period completely vanish! If there ever was a period it was only there when I wiped so it was very light. Unfortunately, I recently had to switch pills, for some reason it made me bleed for two months straight. Most important there were no pregnancies!"

Jm7418 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2016

For Acne "I've ALSO never left a review for anything in my life, but reading these responses was a lifesaver for me, so I need to pay it forward. I have been on nuvaring, yaz & orthotricyclen lo over the past 15 years and my skin has been pretty much flawless my whole life (I'm 29). In April 2016 I told my doctor I wanted to switch to whichever birth control had the lowest dose of hormones, as I figured that was just the healthiest thing to do. After a week on this garbage I started having HORRIBLE cystic acne with whiteheads on my chin and some on my jawline. My diet and exercise routine are super solid. I don't eat dairy or gluten. I'm not on any other medications. So it's pretty obvious the loloestrin FE is the culprit here."

KLM518754 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016

For Acne "The first couple months I was on this, it was perfect. It regulated me as I never really had a regular cycle maybe 4 times per year. Then I became so emotional, constantly crying and depressed. As prior to taking this I would've never let anyone se me cry. I had increased anxiety. I also had went from hardly any periods to 2 periods per pack. I guess it was thought as me making up for lost time. I never had any trouble with acne, a few breakouts before my cycle but very minimal. No weight gain."

Fitgirl89677 June 11, 2016

For Endometriosis "Due to a recent endometriosis diagnosis my doctor switched me to Lo Loestrin from Sronyx. The first day I took the pill I started cramping and bleeding like never before. I usually have really bad cramping, body aches, heavy bleeding but only for 3 days. It's now been 9 days on the pill and I am still bleeding heavily, cramping and having body aches. I don't understand and am so worried. I started the pill to control all these symptoms but its been very frustrating and confusing."

Micky161 June 7, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had no trouble the first month, but had a very heavy period at the end of it and then had breakthrough bleeding all month (varying in quantity) for the second month. I thought I'd be all bled out after that and have a light period, but it was heavy again. That was enough for me, and I switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo (which is what ended up working). No side effects other than the breakthrough bleeding, but that was enough."

Maruka2 June 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin 24fe for three years. I didn't realize until I stopped taking it but it made me a crazy person. I didn't feel like myself at all. When I started taking it I dropped 15-20 pounds within roughly 2 months and gained it all back almost instantly. I also had painful intercourse and very tender, lumpy breasts. I would never recommend this pill to anyone. Now, I've just started Mononessa for PCOS."

Amber1991 May 27, 2016

For Birth Control "Terrible cramps on the first day of each period, my periods were heavier than ever, I bled through 4 super plus tampons a day. I had bleeding every day of the month, not spotting, BLEEDING. Just finished my 4th month and I'm done taking it. Made me super anxious"

C7777 May 27, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "The first month was ok, but this is my second month of use, and I started bleeding (moderately) in the second week of the pill pack! No fair! I should be into the "no bleeding zone" right now! I am less than thrilled. I feel gross, bloated, and have cramping and low back pain. I am only on the pill to keep regular, to avoid anemia, but this month it's doing just the opposite! I don't know if I should stay on it and give it more time, or go to something else. Ugh!"

Suz3328 May 27, 2016

For Acne "I really had no issues with being on the med, until the horrible cystic acne on my chin began and continued!! I am 46 and have never experienced this kind of acne in my life. So embarrassing. It is painful & gross. I am stopping this pill. Was so glad to see other posts about this horrible med."

LR32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

For Birth Control "This has been a bad experience for me. I’m 28, very active, and weigh 108 lbs. I was on the Lomedia 24 Fe for one month and during that month I had terrible acne all over my forehead and mood swings - some days I would wake up in a bad mood. This absolutely murdered my sex drive and my ability to have an orgasm. I did not get my period while on the medication either. I had a pregnancy test done and it came up negative. I’m hoping to find a birth control that works for me soon."

Upset_User (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I started Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo when I turned 18; used it for about 3 years until my cycles started showing up whenever they wanted. My doctor switched me to Sprintec, which was a constant dose of hormone as opposed to the increasing dose like OTCL. Sprintec turned me into an absolutely CRAZY person; my emotions were out of control and my doc seemed to think there was no problem at all. I took myself off of the meds for about 6 months trying to rebalance my system and found a new doctor. My new doctor diagnosed me with PCOS and suggested Lo Loestrin Fe. She told me there was a good chance that my period would go away entirely and asked if I was ok with that. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! Spotted ONCE since starting it in Nov 2014--no more cycle!"

finally! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

For Acne "Like many other posts, I'm not one to write reviews. However, to add to the list of complaints, this birth control has made my face horrible. I've always had great skin, after being on it for a mere 5 weeks I am shocked every time I look in the mirror. I am switching tomorrow. Not only acne, but I have gained 5 pounds in the 5 weeks and also have had a couple anxiety attacks which is very unlike me. Not only do I want to share my experience, but if I am in any place for advice; I advise not to get on this pill."

Pretty underwhelming (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "My experience on Loestrin was terrible. My anxiety was through the roof, I had so many panic attacks, I didn't feel like I was myself the 9 months I was on it. It was an effective birth control, but it made my mind not okay. I told my doctor that I hated the way it made me feel and he switched me to Yaz. It took me a little while to realize how amazing I was doing on it. I don't suggest Loestrin to anyone."

Sav1234567 April 23, 2016

For Acne "Omg...I'm so glad I read these reviews. Started to breakout immediately after the first week. White pimples and cystic ones on my chin and around my nostrils. I'm so embarrassed never had acne problems my face even hurts from the breakouts. Yesterday was my last day of taking it."

Claucarr (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

For Acne "This is the worst birth control I have been on. I would not recommend this birth control to my worst enemy. I was on it for 3 months and had the worst mood swings, depression and worst acne that I still suffer from even after 2 months being off it. I never usually write reviews online but knew I had to warn anybody thinking about going on this product. I had such a clear face before I began this birth control, a few minor zits during my period but that's normal for anybody, but after this I still have red cystic acne... It's horrible. I used to be able to wear no makeup, no I can't even leave the house without makeup because I'm too self conscious of my acne. DO NOT GO ON THIS BIRTH CONTROL."

Bribig April 2, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the most terrible birth control you can go on. I have been battling ovarian cysts because of this birth control for 2 months. I have never been in so much pain and discomfort in my life. DO NOT go on this bc especially if it makes your period irregular or hormones fluctuate because that is what causes the cyst. Also horrible consitpation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started this pill, this is my first month and I'm about two weeks in. I feel like no one this new has left any comments (I've been searching for answers and relatable experiences on it). I figure I might help a few people who are going to be in my position. My breast have gotten a bit bigger in just two weeks (half a cup size). No moodiness so far, in fact it may have bettered my mood. On my 11th day (today) I got a light period. I had cramps, but not Normal cramps and no where near as painful. When I woke up I felt pain in my mid abdomen, right above my belly button. As for weight gain, I feel bloated, but I always have problems with bloating - so I would need more time before I blame the birth control."

AnonymousPerson567854 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Acne "My doctor prescribe me this birth control pill saying I will have fewer to almost no periods after being on the this pill! And I didn't see anything wrong until about 7 days into taking the pill. My face broke out terribly!!!!! Like horrible, I hate going into work or outside because I have these huge under the bump on my chin and cheeks. I usually have a few breakouts on my period but neverrrrrr like this. I don't like even living my house unless necessary. I would not recommend this birth control unless you are willing to deal with having bad skin. I'll take a longer menstrual anything or feel unconfident of my skin"

JazzyJazzyy March 21, 2016