User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Birth Control
6.4

Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 6.0 408 reviews

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "Coming from someone who already struggles with bipolar and anxiety, this made me feel like I was losing my mind. I’ve been in a mental hospital and felt more sane. The cramping and vomiting were the cherry on top. If you struggle from mental health issues please please stay away from this."

Care (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Alright, so I've been taking this for a month, and I was stoked about it first because I love taking birth control, until going on 3 weeks later and I am still on my period, I've had really bad constant mood swings, high anxiety and extremely high depression. I thought that it was normal me being me, and I thought that the period was just all me. I was trying to keep all negative thoughts out of my head because before I started taking this, I was fine. No anxiety, no depression, 6 day long periods, and my anger was controlled. I read the reviews, and now I know what all of this is from so I thank everyone for the reviews! I am quitting this immediately and switching to a different one"

Not important (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on LoLoestrin for 3 years and finally discontinued it in June 2018. The entire time I was on it I noticed a lot of mood swings and anxiety but didn’t really much of it for the first 2 years. Then within the last year it started to get worse and worse, I was crying all of the time, constantly sad and arguing with my husband a lot! I had turned into someone that I was not and I started thinking about what could be causing this!? I decided to stop the pills and I’m starting to feel like myself again! The mood swings and sadness gradually stopped! I know these pills effect everyone differently but unfortunately this one was not the one for me. I’m trying an IUD next so we will see how that goes!"

Jordan (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m on my third month of Loestrin and so far I can’t complain much. It’s definitely improved my acne. I still get a few breakouts right before my period starts but this is still a dramatic improvement from the pizza face I was dealing with before starting this pill. I’m also still spotting the week before my period but it seems to be going away slowly. Other than that, no mood swings, my weight is still the same, and periods are lighter and shorter with minimal cramping. If things keep going the way they are, I’ll probably stick to this birth control."

Ellie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Well almost a year on this bc, and at first I thought it was great. Needless did I really pay attention. 4-6mths into now re-thinking back I started having anxiety?!! Never before experienced this. My acne took a toll and I’m almost a year on this and I’m not happy at all. I have no reason to feel not happy. Anxiety through the roof, chest pains, constant acne, Oiler skin. Now reading the reviews after trying absolutely everything I could. Didn’t think birth control could even make you feel this depressed... sounds like I’m not the only one."

Moody (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this after my Mirena (which migrated) and didn’t want to do another IUD. Was on lo lo a year and didn’t have a good experience. I never missed a pill and took it the same time every day! I had breast pain constantly. My acne was so much worse on this, like I was a teenager again. My periods were very irregular, sometimes I wouldn’t get it and sometimes I would get it 2-4 weeks straight. Didn’t matter where I was in my pill pack either. The worse part was how much worse it made my anxiety. I didn’t realize until I started tracking it and noticing on my placebo pills my anxiety went down. Ever since I’ve stopped it my anxiety is almost GONE, my skin has cleared up significantly, my breast pain went away. I know some people who this worked for and some it didn’t. Unfortunately I gave it a good go to see if it would get better and it didn’t. Oh & my insurance didn’t cover this & there’s no generic. they do have a coupon card online."

LB13 September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "If I could give this a 0 I would. It was the first birth control I had ever been on and trusted my gyno when she prescribed it, little to no periods, awesome, lets do it. She told me it would take up to three months for my body to adjust. 3 months exactly I stopped taking it. Anxiety, depression, not quite suicidal but I definitely wouldn't have cared if I died, hair falling out, zero sex drive, violent angry outbursts (I hit my sister for bumping into me), and a NON STOP PERIOD! I was miserable, this pill was absolute hell."

kvidd24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control has given me so many pimples around my chin and I had perfectly clear skin before. I have no other side effect except for acne from this birth control and I hate it> I'd rather be nauseous from my other pill than this! I can't wait to get off of it. Don't try this if you have sensitive skin"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I gave this a try to help regulate my period and help my acne but all it’s done is made me bleed very heavily! for three weeks straight while I’m on vacation. I feel humiliated as I have turned to adult diapers as nothing is else is absorbent enough. All my clothes are soaked with blood and I’m so angry."

Unsatisfactory (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control because my doctor told me that I would have a 2-3 day period so I was open to try it. After about 3 weeks I had noticed I had huge pimples all over my face. I never had perfectly clear skin (I usually have 2 or 3 on my face) but I never HUGE bumps allllllll over my face. I have now realized that this birth control is the reason for it. I am coming off of it TODAY!"

Reece (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

"I switched from lo-loestrin to Loestrin to try and help my endometriosis pain (increasing estrogen). This birth control gave me the worst anxiety I've had (the only other OCP that gave me horrible anxiety was Yaz). I literally went from normal, calm, and happy to waking up in the middle of the night with heart palpitations thinking someone broke into my home and took my dog every night, and having panic attacks daily. Once I stopped the pills, the anxiety completely resolved. I would absolutely not recommend this one."

T July 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m on month 2 of loestrin, which my gyno recommended for me as I didn’t want something with a lot of hormones. The first month I had lots of spotting that would come and go at inopportune times, but that stopped after my first period on the pill (which lasted only 2-3 days and was light). However my body and facial hair has been OUT OF CONTROL. Plus, some acne and shrinking boobs. I told the gyno and she just prescribed me Gianvi, which is supposed to block the male hormones. Reading those reviews, it doesn’t look good either, but I’m thinking that the anxiety is just something that’s going to come with the birth control territory. (I tend to have anxiety both on and off the pill, but definitely worse on it.) I’m glad I read some of these other loestrin reviews, because I considered sticking this pill out for a few more months, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to get better!"

nicsunshine June 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this for one month , and for that entire month I hated it. I’ve been on different pills before- marlissa and Apri- which both made me nauseous and moody, but Lo Loestrin was pretty bad. I was spotting for a week and a half before my period and I even got my period two days before I even finished my active pills. That had never happened before with any other birth control pills I was on. Also, the period I got was excruciating . My ovaries were rock solid and my cramps were terrible. Plus I was bleeding way too much for being on birth control."

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control pill and I have been on it for about two months. I have been very moody/sensitive and cry about everything!!! I mean I could cry until my eyes hurt. I had no idea that it was from this pill until I decided to stop taking them because they were causing horrible cystic acne on my face. I stopped a few days ago and my mood is a lot better already. Take this pill at your own risk because I don’t recommend it."

Sunshine227 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this for 3 months to eleviate/dissolve cysts. In the process, I also lost 35 pounds. I was 160 and dropped to 125. My heart rate increased a little, my stomach was a little irritated after meals, but overall I felt fine. I only took it for that time frame and for that purpose."

Jenn (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Horrible! Been on it only a month. I have Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and this was supposed to help give me lighter periods or none at all. I went totally crazy, worst PMDD episode in 15 years. I was crying and arguing with my fiance for hours. Last time I had an episode years ago I was on yaz. I'd rather get labor pain period cramps than deal with the crazy episode. I actually though my fiance was gonna kill me after a nightmare I had. I will never take birth control pills again. Normally I'm not crazy, seriously."

Dixie March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "So I was originally on Tri Nessa Lo for about 6 months, skin was clear but my PMS was horrible. I have horrible mood swings and was very unstable. I also got my period for 7-10 days. I decided to switch to Lo Loestrin Fe. My first couple months were horrible as I had bad cystic acne all over my chin and jaw. My gyno said that it was my body adjusting to the new pill. I’m at 6 months now and my skin is worse than ever before. My forehead is covered in bumps and my T-Zone is so oily now and I have pimples all over such as chest and back. (Before I was even on birth control I hardly got acne, only when I was getting my period). Anyways, on a positive note I got my period for about 2 days a month and my PMS was better. I am looking for a new birth control method or I may just quit altogether."

annabanana11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I had nothing but wonderful experiences with loestrin. No breaking out, weight gain, loss of sex drive, or mood swings. I did get pregnant on this birth control after about 7 or 8 months.... however I did miss two days of it due to running out and my pharmacy being closed over the weekend. So be very careful to not miss a single day and you should be perfectly fine. It definitely helped with my endometriosis pains. I stopped taking it for a few months and had to miss work each month because the pains were so awful. I got back on to it ASAP and do not experience those anymore. 10/10 recommend this birth control."

ShainaL. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 4 years. I can honestly say I haven’t noticed any majors problems like I’m reading from other women. I have been on birth control since I was 16 so it’s hard to say what’s normal and what’s abnormal for me. I don’t have acne problems. Occasionally annoying pimples. My periods are nonexistent at this point. I don’t bleed AT ALL. Which kind of bothers me because it’s not to get the “you’re not pregnant” notification from your period bleeding. I don’t get bloated. Mood swings ? Eh, nothing out of the ordinary. I have my moments just like anyone else. I’m about to switch to the copper IUD because I feel like I’ve been on hormones for too long and fear the long term consequences. Very nervous to switch considering I’ve had zero problems."

Kirstie (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 10, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first contraceptive pill I have ever tried and was recommended to me by my gyn. I've only been taking this pill for a month, and in comparison to other users, I haven't had any weight gain or loss. I did have one cystic pimple on my cheek but it went away after a couple of days. I have moved up a breast size and I'll have to get new bras which is kind of irritating but my periods are much less painful. As for the duration of my cycle there have been no changes. I do experience slight irregular mood swings as well, but nothing horrible. My one complaint with this drug is the extremely high price."

yesono December 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for five months. I wanted a contraceptive pill which would control my acne and which would have a lower dosage of hormones as well (I was taking Yaz before). I happen to be very sensitive to hormones. With this pill though, I got cystic acne on my forehead, on my temples, on my cheeks, on my chin and on my neck. I have an acne-prone skin but I have never had such bad acne than since I started this pill ! Also, my mood swings are a rollercoaster and I can feel sad and cry for no reason in the middle of the day and feel happy again right after that. I am done with this pill and am going to find another birth control solution."

crazyhormones3 September 28, 2017

For Birth Control "Cannot wait to get off this pill...horrible mood swings! Extremely irritable, crying at everything, beginning to dislike my husband (not good!), feel like I am coming out of my skin some days, I cannot stand myself and I'm pretty sure my family is starting to feel the same. Took me a couple of months to figure out it was the pill causing it, since this all started after I started taking it 4 months ago. I started with it to help with very heavy periods, it is helping with that although I did have a 2 week period last month which is never enjoyable. Pretty sure this pill is causing me to have this PMDD which I have never experienced before. It's horrible. Switching to something else so hopefully it will get better!"

KEC, age 49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I was taking Microgestin for 4 years and switched to test out if the other BC was giving me weight gain. Never got around to the experiment because Loestrin was a nightmare. I had spotting every day since day 5 of the pack. Then cystic acne started popping up and I couldn't control it with anything! With the other BC, I was able to control it, and it at least went away like a normal pimple, but this acne is painful and HUGE. Combined with the constant spotting and losing all my good thongs to the BC being sassy , I decided to switch back. Based on other reviews, seems like these side effects aren't going anywhere."

I'm a Dog (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

For Birth Control "So this is my second time on this birth control. When I took it correctly I wouldn't have many periods and never super painful. I'm terribly sensitive to most birth controls. My migraines were so bad they thought I had a tumor. But it was too much estrogen in the birth control. The first time went well but I was taken off of it due migraines again with auras. But later I figured out it was biotin instead. So far I'm 4 months on this and my skin hasn't looked healthier in the past 6 months. My periods are more like two days of light cramping and then brown sludge for 3 to 4 days. I'll gladly take that over other periods for sure. For me this works because it's such a low dose."

Leighlow (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Loestrin 24 Fe a few years back by my GYN. I only took it for about a month then stopped due to side effects such has dizziness and chest pain."

Lucy H July 18, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...