User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 25 reviews 97 medications

Acne 76 reviews 536 medications

3.3
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 597 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "Since being diagnosed with Epilepsy I was put on pills to prevent seizures which did not help until I was also put on Loestrin 24 Fe. So far no seizures. I believe its related to a hormonal imbalance and the Birth Control definitely helps. I have not had any bad symptoms at all. No nausea, no mood swings. I have tried every single Birth Control I could think of and this is the only one I like by far. I plan to stay on it for another 6-12 months and try for baby #3."

Blessed Libra (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have never posted a review for any product, but seeing reviews for this birth control was such an eye opener that I had to! I am 22 and I have been on lolo for about a year. My entire life I maybe got 5 tiny pimples. The first few months of being on this pill I didn't notice any changes. However, each month after that my acne kept getting worse and worse. I did not realize it was from this pill until I started reading reviews and looking and pictures and matching to the time I started this birth control. My acne has gotten so bad that there are times I will not even leave the house. The day I saw these reviews I threw all of my pills in the garbage. It has been a month and I am still fighting the acne. STAY AWAY!"

Anonymous April 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "*update from spookyblack* I forgot to mention the terrible nightmares I have been having they are really messed up, and break through bleeding. This pill has made me super tired, depressed, and have gnarly mood swings. I have been eating a lot and have gained a lot of weight. Great just in time for summer right? I have felt the worse about myself and looks ever since I started this pill. Please don't do this to yourself and not to mention the nasty acne I, and so many girls have experienced."

Spookyblack (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Since being off birth control for about 4 years I decided I wanted to try a mini pill. I have endometriosis and my doctor had mentioned it could help with ovarian cysts. Since day 1 of taking this pill I have been bleeding. It's now the end of my pack and I still have had bleeding throughout the entire time. I don't really want to continue taking it if this is going to continue, the point of going on the pill was to prevent pregnancy but if I'm bleeding all month anyways I don't even have sex- so there's no point. I have also never had acne and now it's all over my face which makes me depressed and my self-esteem is now horrible! The only thing I like about this pill is the fact that I didn't gain weight and my moods are decent."

PandaBear1818 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "This pill is a nightmare!!!! I have had clear skin all of my life and enjoyed makeup as a hobby, now I absolutely hate it because I feel like it is an obligation to cover up the disgusting, painful cysts that this pill has caused!!! My self esteem is extremely low, I don't remember the last time I saw my real face and felt confident. I will be seeing my doctor very soon to get off of this terrible terrible terrible pill!!!"

sadgirl123 February 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I do not recommend this pill. After being off birth control for 7 years i wanted to go back on. My DR prescribed it to me saying "most" people don't get their periods or many side effects at all. After one week of taking the first blue pills the bleeding started. Not to mention the unbearable cramps and back pain. The mood swings, crying for no reason. Day 4 of bleeding today and not only is it still there but it has gotten even worse. I gave it a few days but after this morning I am NOT taking this pill anymore and I don't even know if I'll go on back on another after this horrible experience. Luckily my insurance covered most of this but STILL. Stopping halfway through pack. DO NOT GO ON THIS PILL!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Let's start with the fact that l just cried for 20 minutes bc of the acne this pill has given me. I've been on it for exactly 2 weeks and never seen a pimple in my life. Suddenly my entire forhead is covered in pimples. I was put on this pill because I got my period every 5 days and it lasted for 6-11 days. No blood or spotting since l went on the pill which is a miracle for me! But I am still pretty upset about my skin."

kate827291 February 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Cleared my acne up so fast. Its nice. Other than that everything is going good except I'm turning into a grumpy person"

Crterred (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I had been on lo loestrin fe for about 2 years. During the early first year I didn't have many problems, occasional break outs. I had very light periods. By the last year I was never having my period at all, my gyno said it was normal and that's why people like this pill. I didn't mind it, but it scared me that I go nothing no drop of anything AT ALL for about 10 months in a row. I though that cannot be good for my body. Along with that, my acne got the worst it has ever been. My right side of my face broke out in huge pimples side by side. I have never had acne like this. I stopped taking it about 2 weeks ago, considering I was pretty much sure it was due to this birth control. Now I'm struggling to clear my face. Do not take this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "First, I want to say how terribly saddened I am to see the comments from so many women about endometriosis and taking birth control pills to "cure" it. It goes to show how severely inadequate and ignorant our health care system is when it comes to women and this debilitating disease. Birth control does not fix endo. It does not cure it. The ONLY treatment that has a chance of curing endo is expert excision surgery by a skilled surgeon. Laparoscopy is just a diagnostic tool. Not a treatment. Birth control can help some of the symptoms for some women. But it does nothing to actually fix it. Please ladies, ask questions, research your disease. Most doctors still don't know the basics of endo, which is frightening!"

Artemisiac (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I started this pill three months ago (what a mistake!) Not only has it messed up my skin but I have been a hormonal wreck. Other side effects include breast pain and severe headaches! I do not recommend taking this pill, especially if you are looking to clear your skin."

JP6622 January 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Absolutely horrible. I have been on this for about a year. I guess I never put two and two together and realized what was causing my breakouts until looking up other women's experiences. I have horrible cystic acne on my cheeks that will come and stay and then my skin will be perfectly clear and it will come right back, not to mention the scars this has caused me. I also agree it has made my anxiety absolutely horrible and sometimes I get so depressed I literally will just cry. I go back to the doctors in February and I am going to asked to be switched. I'm hoping this acne clears up, it is absolutely embarrassing... especially when your job makes you deal with the public all day"

Kier January 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been on this medication for almost a year. Before I was on Lo Loestrin I had very painful cramps that kept me in bed for at least 2 days every month. This medication has helped to stop those cramps completely. I never have a period and it is the best thing ever. For some women I think that they would be freaked out by not cycling, feeling as though the blood is "trapped" inside them for some reason, but this medicine works by not releasing any eggs, which means the uterus does not need to shed. If I had to complain about anything it would be acne. I have never had acne, especially on my forehead and chest, and it seems like ever since I started taking this medication I constantly have tiny pimples on my chest and forehead."

tfcfef3 January 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been taking this medication for only 12 days. My skin used to be perfect and I did not even have to wear any makeup. My skin has become horrendous, and I haven't even been on the pill for 2 weeks. I am stopping it tomorrow and I am going to see if this clears up my face. My cheeks, jawline, and chin broke out so much and I have never had that happen before. I hate it so much and I don't even want to leave my house. Please check with your doctor and other people who are on this to see of this is right for you."

hustle&bustle (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Reading some of these reviews has made me feel SO much better. I started this BC about 6 months ago, and while my acne/face was certainly not perfect beforehand, it has gotten SOOOOO MUCH WORSE since starting this. Horrible, huge, painful cystic acne - repeatedly, especially on the cheeks. I do not wear makeup at all, so no reason for my pores to be this oily and clogged. Honestly, I am about to just stop taking it, it's really not worth it for me (especially as I'm on it for acne and period maintenance and don't even have a partner at the moment). I've been on several other types of BC over my lifetime - Yaz, Yasmin, Gianvi, Ventura, probably others way back in the day. Absolutely none of those made my face look as bad as this."

Ninabeena83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on loestrin for about 3 years before switching to its generic equivalent, mylan. After about 5 years of being on this brand I started getting really bad symptoms (nausea, cold sweats, dropped body temp, migraine) so I decided to quit birth control all together (was on it about 10 years). Within 2 months I gained 10 pounds, particularly in the midsection. At first I didn't connect the dots and started a straight vegetarian meal prep diet and worked out 4-6 times a week. My weight steadily kept going up until I gained about 30 lbs in 6 months, again mostly in my belly. I read up that this is a common side effect of quitting birth control, particurly with the loestrin/mylan 24 fe brand. It's been over a year and still no end in sight"

Anniebear (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had a terrible experience with this bc. Once I started taking it, I was very nauseous daily for a week. Once I got my period, it was so painful and so heavy, I couldn't even do anything. I would also get a full blown period twice in one month. My period was never like that before. I stayed on it for 3 months or so trying to let my body get used to it but it was not working out. I started taking this birth control to shrink ovarian cysts. I had two small ones that did go away but I had another bigger one pop up. But Everybody is different. I just felt like sharing my experience. I am now taking minastrin 24 fe. So we will see how this works for me...."

Tories (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. I have NEVER had acne or oily skin in my life (I'm 25 years old now) actually I've always had pretty clear skin and very dry skin, and now it's filled with cystic acne and it's constantly oily ever since I switched to this. I have given it 4 months because that's what my obgyn suggested, and it just seems to keep getting worse and worse. And not to mention I've gained 15 pounds, and I'm pretty sure it's made my depression and anxiety worse. I go on the 25th of this month to get switched back and I wish I could just throw this crap in the trash but I'm afraid it'll throw my periods out of whack if I suddenly stop taking it. Ugh! It's awful."

Kaylee6651 January 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I wanted shorter periods and had breast pain on my old pill, so I asked for a low dose bc. I'm on month 4 of this pill and want to be off it desperately. Pack 1, I got a 1 day period and got excited. Pack 2, in the second week I spotted a lot, then got a 2 day period on schedule. Pack 3, I spotted for 2 weeks and then had heavier spotting for a period. I'm almost through the first week of pack 4 and still bleeding, although it is way lighter than my previous periods on a different pill. I can't deal with this bleeding. My dr said give it 4 months and here we are. I am asking to be put on my old bc asap, I'll put up with the sore boobs!."

reenabeena December 31, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I had very bad hormonal acne after a week of taking these pills. After 2 months I can say that my skin has never looked so bad in my entire life! I had to go to a dermatologist and switch back to my previous birth control pills (which, I thought, were not so good... but now I realized that they were wonderful compared to Lo Loestrin Fe!...)"

M_haze (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I started taking Loestrin Fe in June 2016 due to heavy menstrual bleeding and debilitating pain. I had gastric bypass surgery and found my periods got worse. My GYN Provider recommended this pill. The first few months were very difficult due to mood swings, daily spotting and painful cramps. There were times I wanted to stop the pill but I stayed on it. About 4-5 months later things I noticed things were a bit better. My periods are much lighter and the cramps are more tolerable. I am not layed up and overly cranky the week before my period like before. Instead of getting my period once every 2 weeks it seems to be moving towards 3-4. For reference, I am 38 not sexually active and do not have children. Hopefully things will get even better."

MayAnne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on loestrin for about 5 years until I decided to take a break and get off the pill. Although my skin was clear and it was effective at basically eliminating my period and most cramping, DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. It gave me horrible mood swings, anxiety and made me irrational, unreasonable and angry (basically insane) - which I didn't realize until I stopped taking it. I honestly thought I was just me until I got off and felt much more like myself. I've been happy and upbeat ever since."

Anonymous December 19, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this BC for three weeks now and my mood swings are absolutely insane. I cry 3-4 times a week and sleep for about 10-12 hrs a night. I feel sleepy, low energy and extremely negative. This is the first BC pill I've ever been on and I was prescribed it to treat my mood swings I was having a week prior to my menstrul cycle and now I feel the mood swings are always occurring! I feel very bloated also. I am going to check myself out of this whole birth control thing."

Annie223388 December 14, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "I have stage 4 endometriosis. I have been taking lo loestrin 26 for one month. I am miserable. Bleeding almost every day, weight gain, swelling over my entire body, terrible nausea and diarrhea, and unmanageable exhasution. I am a physician and trying to avoid a second excision surgery and the terrible periods with adenomyosis, but these side effects make me feel worse than before. I can barely function except for work. I skipped the placebo pills and to no avail, I am still bleeding. Time to call the surgeon's office. So disappointed with this drug,"

Yoga doc December 11, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "If i could rate this a zero, I would. I have suffered with painful periods since seventh grade and finally went on the pill two months ago. I have had near perfect skin my entire life and my skin is so terrible now that even my mother who is the type to say it's not the bad is extremely concerned. My breasts are also extremely sore and I have been spotting so bad that I have to wear a pad, not even a pantie liner. My doctor is not even telling me to stick out the next month, I switching pills next week at the start of my next period. Do not do this to yourself, especially if you have clear skin to start with."

Ca1234 December 8, 2016