User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Birth Control
6.2

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Anonymous · December 18, 2009

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Loestrin for about 5 months now. And let me tell you... I gained no weight but it certainly reshaped my body. It made my breasts transform from a c 34 to DD 34. And my rear end also had more junk added to the trunk. The boyfriend isn't complaining but also the first month I was a raging lunatic with mood swings from hell. I also spotted like a moron for a couple of months till my body got used to it. Honestly, if you are terrified about gaining weight then Loestrin 24 Fe won't do it. I haven't gained a blessed pound. And if I did it went straight to my butt and my boobs. It will not make you gain. Just make your breasts bigger than the sun...Ha..ha.”

Glow_worm · September 26, 2010

For Menstrual Disorders: “I never write reviews on things, but since there are so many negative reviews about this birth control and I've actually had a great experience with it, I thought I'd make an exception. Loestrin 24Fe is the 5th birth control I've tried in the past 4 years, and as I was going on this I vowed that if it didn't work I'd have none of it and just give up on the pill. Lucky for me, it seems like the 5th time's the charm. My skin is the clearest it's ever been, the horrible cramps that would leave me practically crippled are so mild that I can actually walk around without pain, my horrible headaches are gone, and my sex drive is far from lessened. I genuinely give this pill two thumbs up, and want to remind you that everyone's body is different.”

New to BC · March 3, 2010

For Birth Control: “I am 28 years old, 125lbs, extremely active with dance, gym and sports. I take the pill at just about the same time everyday, give or take 15 minutes. Have a pretty healthy diet. I started Loestrin to prevent pregnancy. I've been on it for 3 weeks and for the most part happy so far. Here are my symptoms: Wk 1 --> Severe bloating, daily nausea. 5 lb weight gain, but i'm thinking that was due to not being able to workout due to feeling dizzy. Wk 2 --> Bloating gone. Nausea gone. Feeling back to normal. Some mild spotting for a day. Increased a cup size. Skin looks great and feels smoother. Wk 3 --> Feel perfectly normal. Lost the weight I gained the 1st week.”

Anonymous · October 5, 2010

For Acne: “I'm 20 years old and had always experienced severe cramps and bleeding for as long as I've had my period. I also suffered from severe acne. Since I've started Loestrin 24, I noticed dramatic changes in every aspect! -My periods are lighter (1-2 days) -MY SKIN IS FLAWLESS -I lost about 7 lbs! -Overall I feel my hormones regulated and less moody Loestrin 24 really turned my life around and I couldn't be happier! I hope you all have the same experience with it.”

Spicy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I can’t even begin to understand how this Loestrin 24 Fe is even consider Medicine. First, previously my mental health was in great place. With-in two months of being on this pill I battle with depression and suicide. Second, I gained weight and didn’t even get my period on my off week. I hate this pill with passion. I believe it should be banned. I believe there need to be more research done in the connection of birth control pills and depression. The pills has torn me apart and now I working to put myself back together. But I know I am not the only one who has had these side effects. Now I am seeing the reviews. It infuriates me that there is not more research done between the psychological effects of Birth control in women. I am angry. I am upset. Please don’t take these pills.”

JoannaEggs · December 2, 2009

For Birth Control: “I have been on Loestrin 24 for about 4 years now, and I thought I would share my excellent experience on here, since no one usually goes on the Internet to post about their GOOD experiences! Loestrin is a MIRACLE drug in my opinion, the 24 day regimen made a huge difference as opposed to a 21 day regimen. This means that there are only 4 placebo pills at the end of the pack instead of 7! My periods were reduced to almost nothing (but didn't completely disappear, for those that like the assurance of bleeding) I need one panty-liner a day for about 3 days a month. It's AMAZING! I never gained any weight, and I would say it helped my acne only a little bit %u2013 I get pimples no matter what I do. Try Loestrin! You won't regret it!”

Anonymous · March 28, 2010

For Birth Control: “I'm 19 and I've been taking Loestrin 24 Fe for 7 months now. Before starting the pill, my periods had always been manageable and short. I started the pill simply for birth control. Now that I've been taking the pill regularly, my periods have lasted only about 2 days and have been extremely light. I was just supposed to have had my period and I didn't get it. I took a pregnancy test and I'm NOT pregnant. True, being on birth control does give me peace of mind, however it'd be nice to actually get a period once a month. This is my only complaint about this pill.”

Anonymous · April 8, 2010

For Birth Control: “I have been on Loestrin for about 9 months now and took it to both reduce my period and birth control. I used to get my period for 7 to 9 days and it would be extremely heavy to the point I had to change every hour to 2 hours. Yes I know horrible, and ever since I started taking Loestrin I have mt period for 4 days at the most and it's super light. When I first started the pills I still would bleed a little between periods but after about 3 months all that went away. I used to forget but I use an alarm now and it works, I never forget now. I haven't had any side effects, no weight gain but I haven't gotten my period this month and I'm not pregnant. I would rather have my period for at least a day so I wont get scared that I'm pregnant.”

October78 · July 12, 2014

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “Second week on this, prescribed for my Polycysitc ovarian syndrome. I lost 4 pounds. I went from 146lbs to 142lbs in just a little over several days. I never had acne, so nothing in that department. But being 5 '5 my doctors want me to a healthy 115-125 to reduce my PCOS. Nothing but great things. I feel more feminine and less aggressive since my testosterone was so high.”

theonerealisticperson · January 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “Honestly, I read all these comments about how this birth control would make me depressed, gain weight, have horrible mood swings, etc... but I've been taking it for almost 2 months now and I've had none of these side effects. I really don't see a problem with this oral contraceptive but yet again we are all different and react differently to medications. My personal experience has been that I did notice breakthrough bleeding within the 2 weeks on the pill but it only lasted 3 days and it was very light. I have also read about people not getting their period but I have gotten mine right on schedule and it has been very light and basically just spotting. I originally started this pill to lighten my period and cramps and it has been very effective.”

Artemisiac · Taken for less than 1 month · January 28, 2017

For Endometriosis: “First, I want to say how terribly saddened I am to see the comments from so many women about endometriosis and taking birth control pills to "cure" it. It goes to show how severely inadequate and ignorant our health care system is when it comes to women and this debilitating disease. Birth control does not fix endo. It does not cure it. The ONLY treatment that has a chance of curing endo is expert excision surgery by a skilled surgeon. Laparoscopy is just a diagnostic tool. Not a treatment. Birth control can help some of the symptoms for some women. But it does nothing to actually fix it. Please ladies, ask questions, research your disease. Most doctors still don't know the basics of endo, which is frightening!”

Anonymous · October 25, 2012

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “This birth control is awesome as far as its effectiveness with preventing unplanned pregnancy and increasing your bra cup size! The only draw back I would say is that the pill had me bleeding constantly. It wasn't light spot bleeding but full cycle bleeding maybe 80% of the time for the first 2 months on the pill. Other than the bleeding the pill is great with no other side effects.”

Anonymous · November 10, 2008

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Loestrin 24Fe for 13 months now and I have no complaints. It is the first birth control that I have tried. After 3 months of taking the pill, it completely ended my period. I was a little nervous about it, but my doctor assured me that not having a period was normal (especially if you were light before) and that it would not effect my ability to have children later. Also, the pill took away all of my acne which is always a plus!”

Madi · May 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “I recently started taking this birth control and 2 weeks on it my chin blew up with acne. I didn’t have acne until I started birth control last year. My depression is so much worse and it’s rare to have a good day. My doctor is having me stay on it for 3 months to see if it levels out. Hoping for the best”

kasey1891 · March 27, 2010

For Birth Control: “I have been on various types of oral contraceptives for years and just 1 month ago switched to Loestrin 24. I have had no noticeable side effects differing from other BC pills. HOWEVER, I did not have a period this month!!! After being SIX days late and worrying that I was pregnant, and all that comes along with such a huge life-change, I took a pregnancy test. Negative. I CAN NOT worry every month whether I am pregnant because I may or may not have a period with Loestrin 24 Fe.”

it's not that bad · December 11, 2009

For Birth Control: “Hands down the best birth control I've ever tried. I've been on it all this year and I have had zero side effects. No bloating, moodiness, break through bleeding etc. I take it at the same time everyday as it's recommended to do so. I just spot 2-3 days at the end of my cycle. Best part is that it's PANTYLINER light! Extremely happy that my gyno prescribed me this pill. I've been on the pill since I was 17, I'm 23 now, and have tried more than I care to remember. I intend on using Loestrin42Fe for years to come!”

Anonymous · September 1, 2009

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “I just wanted to say that I love this birth control. Besides helping me with my cysts it has given zero side effects. I tried Yaz before this one and I felt like a monster! It gave me horrible mood swings, migraines and I gained weight! Will never get off this Loestrin Fe 24. Remember that everyone's body reacts differently to the hormones in these contraceptives! Try it out before you decide for one, if you get a side effect move on to a new one! Oh and one thing, with this pill I had break through bleeding the first month only and you MUST be very specific with the timing with this pill and I get my period for 2 days only (which is also a plus).”

860mamacita · January 18, 2009

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “My doctor prescribed me this pill because I have been diagnosed with PCOS. Sometimes I get stomach aches and it makes my boobs hurt, but other than that, no mood swings, and I've actually lost weight. Although everyone's bodies are different, I'd recommend this pill to anyone thinking of going on birth control for the first time.”

Anonymous · December 21, 2009

For Birth Control: “People who are giving this a bad review either aren't letting it get into their system or are some of the few that will suffer from the side effects that come along with taking any medication. People who write a bad review saying they have only been on it for 6 weeks or a couple months have not let their body adjust to a new pill. I have been on this pill for 6 months now and have no real complaints. In the beginning I spotted here and there and my period lasted longer than 4 days. It is better than bleeding for 6-7 days. Give it a chance.”

Anonymous · November 26, 2008

For Birth Control: “I've been using Loestrin 24 FE for almost a year and couldn't be happier with it. I'm 18 and it's the first pill I've tried, so I guess I got lucky with it. I experienced no side-effects, even during the first pack. The main objective is always not to get pregnant, and obviously it's doing the job it should in that respect. However, it also completely eliminated my periods. I'll get a small amount of bleeding every few months (maybe half a day's worth of spotting), but that's all. The only downside is that it's expensive but worth it.”

Nikkia Nikkia · Taken for 2 to 5 years · October 20, 2012

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I've read a lot of reviews on this birth control and everyone writes negative reviews so I'm going to give a positive one. I used to get very heavy 10-day periods before I went on this pill and I am now done to light to moderate 4 day periods and let me tell you, what a relief. I also used to get cramps so bad that sometimes I couldn't walk. Three months on this pill and the cramps had gone. I was 23 with horrible acne. I had it everywhere: cheeks, forehead, but especially on my chin. Three months after starting the pill and my skin cleared up tremendously. I hardly ever get a pimple but when I do its usually a small one around the time of my period. I gained no weight and my sex drive is as high as ever. I love this pill!”

coopchic1982 · September 25, 2010

For Endometriosis: “I have been taking Loestrin24 for a couple months now and I can honestly say I am very satisfied with the results. I have tried about 4 different birth controls in the last 2 years and with all of them I had experienced alot of side effects. My doctor always put me on moderate to high doses of birth control because of my PCOS, and Endometrosis which then led to more side effects. This is the only pill I have been on that I have experienced no side effects and the best part is I have my sex drive back. I have lost about 10 lbs since taking this but alot of that is water weight from the other birth controls. My periods are very light and there has been minimal cramping as well. I'm very happy. ”

Anonymous · October 24, 2009

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “I have been on Loestrin 24 for about 2 months and I love it. When I was reading all the reviews I was scared to even try it because my doctor changed me from another pill because the pill had stopped working for me. No weight gain, I actually have lost weight. I get a very light period every month after I start taking the second iron pill. Moodiness only the day before I get my period but it only lasts a day and I am back to myself. The only negative aspects I have noticed is my boobs are very soar and it starts within the second week of white pills after I get my period but nothing I can't deal with and extreme fatigue the day before I get my period. So please try the pill and if you don't like it try another pill.”

Anonymous · October 29, 2012

For Acne: “I switched to Loestrin, as the pill I was on before caused me to have migraines. I've only used Loestrin for a week, but my migraines have stopped, however it's caused me to break out ridiculously. I've never suffered from spots before, but I've broken out all over my forehead and on my cheeks. ”

Anonymous · August 20, 2009

For Birth Control: “I just started this pill and so far I've noticed that I have been very moody and my period has become much heavier so far. The moodiness has really affected me and my boyfriend because I start fights over the dumbest things. I'm going to give this a few months and if nothing changes I'm going to have to switch.”