User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 25 reviews 97 medications

Acne 59 reviews 524 medications

3.6
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 560 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "Was put on this pill after I came off microgynon after 5 years as it made me insane. I've been on loestrin for 3 months and will be changing as soon as I can. I have been having the most severe nightmares on this pill and I am woken up every night in a tizz. Also my boobs have grown a cup size which is good, but I have also gained weight and can't seem to shift it. Feel constantly fat. Also all my life I have had essentially perfect skin but since being on this pill my skin is constantly greasy which has resulted into spots. On the plus side, mood is generally good and no pregnancys but the nightmares are too big of a deal to carry on"

Holly199328 September 26, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "this pill has been giving me the blues. Since starting I've had constant yeast infections & bv. Increased hunger nausea and severe bloating. Only thing it does efficiently is prevent pregnancy & btw. I haven't seen my period in 3 months. Feeling terrible "

Destoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill is horrible. I've tried my fair share of different birth control pills, this being my 4th, and it is by far one of the worst. Since I've started it, it makes me hungry at all times- I NEVER feel full, ever! I can eat and eat and eat and not feel a thing. The increase in appetite and the want to binge has made me gain about 15 pounds since starting this pill about 5 months ago. The main reason I'm on birth control is to lighten my very heavy periods, which it does, but the side effect of increased appetite which causes weight gain makes it not worth it. Will definitely be switching to a different pill asap."

ashtk9 September 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for roughly 2 years and after hoping it would get better, I decided to try a new pill. It made me very irritated out of nowhere sometimes, would make me very emotional around my MS and made me have absolutely NO sex drive. When I did have sex, it was extremely painful and unpleasant(it was not like this at all before). I also started having face/back acne right after starting the pill. The only reason I give it a 3/10 is because of 2 years of use, it prevented pregnancy and I had very light periods."

Eh.. (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 12, 2016

For Acne "Absolutely hated this birth control pill. Within a few days of taking it, the cystic acne started and I read some reviews urging people to stick with it and it'd get better, so I did for 6 months, but this wasn't the case for me. My skin got worse.. A lot worse. My skin wasn't great to begin with, but it was horrible on loestrin. Whole face covered in under the skin bumps and large cystic acne on cheeks and chin. Been off of it for almost 4 months and I can't seem to get the acne gone now. So frustrating. No other side effects"

Angryacne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2016

For Birth Control "My experience is similar to one above mine. I have only been on it a couple of weeks. My breasts have grown alot. I started taking the pill on the first day of my period like the pack said to do. It stopped my period, I know it's early but so far I'm happy with it. Hope this helps someone ."

KatM48223 September 4, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I started this pill and was excited but had to stop right in the middle of the pack. I mean out of nowhere, there is a burst of bleeding. I went to the bathroom and it's like my period snuck up on me and it was almost 2 weeks before my period is due. There was lots of clots and brown yucky stuff. On top of all that my moods were really crazy. I would be lying in my bed and would feel like crying and then be okay the next moment. I have only been off now for two days cause I just couldn't take the crazy mood swings and the bleeding anymore. I also noticed a great deal of fatigue and even that has changed even after just 2 days off of loestrin. It's not worth it and I cannot wait for it to be out of my system."

I Quit Right in the Middle August 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for years, after experimenting with ones that made me: fat; bloated; emotional; nuts. I love it, no acne, no weight gain, no period... I'll take it!"

Piper terra August 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I gave this pill 4 months and my face has been progressively getting worse with each pack. I'm also on 75mg of Spironolactone and I feel like that helps some, but not enough. I went on this to help with my chronic headaches and menstrual migraines, but it didn't help either. In fact, my cramps and migraines were horrible. I felt so sick every time I would bleed. I'm getting headaches every day still and I break out constantly. I'm also super depressed and feel down all the time. That just started with the 4th pack. The pros are I didn't gain any weight. My breasts grew a cup size and I didn't get pregnant."

batsy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Took this med for one full month and half of another and stopped using it. Headaches daily: pain at top of my head and down my neck, mood swings and anxiety like never before. Unable to lose weight. Just didnt like how it made me feel. Period was not as heavy was only benefit. Ill suffer 4 days of heavy period to never feel like this again."

MJB1967 August 12, 2016

For Acne "Absolutely terrible, this pill made me depressed, angry, and anxious. I can barely sleep at night, and it's causing my cheeks to break out (I've never had acne on my cheeks...). I've also had to go to the doctor because I fainted multiple times (note: I have never ever fainted or even come close to it) along with being lightheaded, nauseous, and having no appetite whatsoever. I'm 19, and I've been on it about 3 months. Would not recommend unless you want to be a completely different person (for the worst). The one good thing is I haven't had a period since I've been on it."

Sky123 July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I haven't used this for very long, probably less than a week, and I know your body's suppose to get use to it however after reading these experiences I don't think my symptoms are gonna change. I'm not sure how effective the pill is for sex because I used it to calm down my periods however ever since I've started using it I get pains in my lower stomach. they feel like period pains and the pill has put my whole mood down. I do get acne kinda normally however i broke out so much on my forehead and I'm almost positive it's from this pill. it's Thursday and I started it Sunday and I've gained probably 5-6 pounds already. it literally makes me hungry 24/7 which is a nono. i'm either stopping all together or switching to a new pill."

jennaaD July 15, 2016

For Acne "Was on Microgestin 1/20 but was making me depressed, so doctor prescribed this. Really only taking this to regulate periods and help clear up acne. Took the pill for THREE nights and already have three huge cystic pimples on my face... I rarely get cystic pimples, usually just some whiteheads around time of period. Also felt extremely nauseous and lightheaded. Not continuing with this... it is different for everyone, but not worth it for me."

steer clear June 30, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Been on the pill for three months. Originally because I'd get my period for 7-8 days very heavy and it would make me anemic. Although it's helped with the heavy bleeding I'm getting my period every 2 weeks accompanied by the bad headaches. I decided that the 7-8 days once a month no pill is a better option."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I thought at first taking thsi was going to help me mellow out with my severe PMDD. My period pretty much disappeared after 2 months, but I began having bad anxiety, tired and hungry all the time, bloated and swollen. My hair also began falling out more than usual. I stopped it about a week ago, and have so much more energy and feel bacl on track. I'm not sure what my periods are going to be like now, but the pills side effects are not worth it to me."

PB1997 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for two years and everything was awesome! My acne did worsen significantly but my dermatologist fixed me right up. Nauseous the first month on the pill. I used to have extremely heavy periods and this pill made my period completely vanish! If there ever was a period it was only there when I wiped so it was very light. Unfortunately, I recently had to switch pills, for some reason it made me bleed for two months straight. Most important there were no pregnancies!"

Jm7418 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2016

For Acne "I've ALSO never left a review for anything in my life, but reading these responses was a lifesaver for me, so I need to pay it forward. I have been on nuvaring, yaz & orthotricyclen lo over the past 15 years and my skin has been pretty much flawless my whole life (I'm 29). In April 2016 I told my doctor I wanted to switch to whichever birth control had the lowest dose of hormones, as I figured that was just the healthiest thing to do. After a week on this garbage I started having HORRIBLE cystic acne with whiteheads on my chin and some on my jawline. My diet and exercise routine are super solid. I don't eat dairy or gluten. I'm not on any other medications. So it's pretty obvious the loloestrin FE is the culprit here."

KLM518754 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016

For Acne "The first couple months I was on this, it was perfect. It regulated me as I never really had a regular cycle maybe 4 times per year. Then I became so emotional, constantly crying and depressed. As prior to taking this I would've never let anyone se me cry. I had increased anxiety. I also had went from hardly any periods to 2 periods per pack. I guess it was thought as me making up for lost time. I never had any trouble with acne, a few breakouts before my cycle but very minimal. No weight gain."

Fitgirl89677 June 11, 2016

For Endometriosis "Due to a recent endometriosis diagnosis my doctor switched me to Lo Loestrin from Sronyx. The first day I took the pill I started cramping and bleeding like never before. I usually have really bad cramping, body aches, heavy bleeding but only for 3 days. It's now been 9 days on the pill and I am still bleeding heavily, cramping and having body aches. I don't understand and am so worried. I started the pill to control all these symptoms but its been very frustrating and confusing."

Micky161 June 7, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had no trouble the first month, but had a very heavy period at the end of it and then had breakthrough bleeding all month (varying in quantity) for the second month. I thought I'd be all bled out after that and have a light period, but it was heavy again. That was enough for me, and I switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo (which is what ended up working). No side effects other than the breakthrough bleeding, but that was enough."

Maruka2 June 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin 24fe for three years. I didn't realize until I stopped taking it but it made me a crazy person. I didn't feel like myself at all. When I started taking it I dropped 15-20 pounds within roughly 2 months and gained it all back almost instantly. I also had painful intercourse and very tender, lumpy breasts. I would never recommend this pill to anyone. Now, I've just started Mononessa for PCOS."

Amber1991 May 27, 2016

For Birth Control "Terrible cramps on the first day of each period, my periods were heavier than ever, I bled through 4 super plus tampons a day. I had bleeding every day of the month, not spotting, BLEEDING. Just finished my 4th month and I'm done taking it. Made me super anxious"

C7777 May 27, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "The first month was ok, but this is my second month of use, and I started bleeding (moderately) in the second week of the pill pack! No fair! I should be into the "no bleeding zone" right now! I am less than thrilled. I feel gross, bloated, and have cramping and low back pain. I am only on the pill to keep regular, to avoid anemia, but this month it's doing just the opposite! I don't know if I should stay on it and give it more time, or go to something else. Ugh!"

Suz3328 May 27, 2016

For Acne "I really had no issues with being on the med, until the horrible cystic acne on my chin began and continued!! I am 46 and have never experienced this kind of acne in my life. So embarrassing. It is painful & gross. I am stopping this pill. Was so glad to see other posts about this horrible med."

LR32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

For Birth Control "This has been a bad experience for me. I’m 28, very active, and weigh 108 lbs. I was on the Lomedia 24 Fe for one month and during that month I had terrible acne all over my forehead and mood swings - some days I would wake up in a bad mood. This absolutely murdered my sex drive and my ability to have an orgasm. I did not get my period while on the medication either. I had a pregnancy test done and it came up negative. I’m hoping to find a birth control that works for me soon."

Upset_User (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2016