User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

Loestrin 24 Fe has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 415 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 46% of those users who reviewed Loestrin 24 Fe reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Loestrin 24 Fe Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Lucy April 21, 2021

“I’ve was taking lo loestrin for about a year. It had some pros— for instance I would normally suffer from really painful menstrual cramps but with this birth control I haven’t had any since I started. Another thing I haven’t gotten my period since I started. Not even the common spotting. Which that was a little concern with me towards the end. It’s not normal. But what really made me stop taking these pills was that I broke out a lot!!!! It was ridiculous how much acne I got from this! It just took one week for my face to clear up and feel smooth after I fully stopped taking these pills! Now I have to go on the hunt again for birth control pills.”

Anonymous April 13, 2021

“I’m on the generic version of this pill and it’s the worst thing ever and have been for four months now. I am constantly anxious, depressed, nauseous, and moody. Not to mention I had two yeast infections in this time period from the pill. I’ve never had a yeast infection before. I am constantly dry down there and my boobs are always sore. I didn’t gain weight but I did loose a lot of hair. This pill is suppose to let me have sex and prevent pregnancy when since being on this pill it’s made sex miserable and painful to where I don’t even have sex anymore. Lube doesn’t even make it better.”

Nicky · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 27, 2021

“I’ve been on this for over 7 months, I’ve had no bleeding since, and have more acne on my face! It did not regulate my period as I was told it would do. I’ve also have been more upset on this birth control. But it has helped keeping cysts away, and prevents me from having horrible PMS symptoms. This birth control pill has its pros and cons.”

Anonymous December 18, 2009

“I have been taking Loestrin for about 5 months now. And let me tell you... I gained no weight but it certainly reshaped my body. It made my breasts transform from a c 34 to DD 34. And my rear end also had more junk added to the trunk. The boyfriend isn't complaining but also the first month I was a raging lunatic with mood swings from hell. I also spotted like a moron for a couple of months till my body got used to it. Honestly, if you are terrified about gaining weight then Loestrin 24 Fe won't do it. I haven't gained a blessed pound. And if I did it went straight to my butt and my boobs. It will not make you gain. Just make your breasts bigger than the sun...Ha..ha.”

New to BC March 3, 2010

“I am 28 years old, 125lbs, extremely active with dance, gym and sports. I take the pill at just about the same time everyday, give or take 15 minutes. Have a pretty healthy diet. I started Loestrin to prevent pregnancy. I've been on it for 3 weeks and for the most part happy so far. Here are my symptoms: Wk 1 --> Severe bloating, daily nausea. 5 lb weight gain, but i'm thinking that was due to not being able to workout due to feeling dizzy. Wk 2 --> Bloating gone. Nausea gone. Feeling back to normal. Some mild spotting for a day. Increased a cup size. Skin looks great and feels smoother. Wk 3 --> Feel perfectly normal. Lost the weight I gained the 1st week.”

JoannaEggs December 2, 2009

“I have been on Loestrin 24 for about 4 years now, and I thought I would share my excellent experience on here, since no one usually goes on the Internet to post about their GOOD experiences! Loestrin is a MIRACLE drug in my opinion, the 24 day regimen made a huge difference as opposed to a 21 day regimen. This means that there are only 4 placebo pills at the end of the pack instead of 7! My periods were reduced to almost nothing (but didn't completely disappear, for those that like the assurance of bleeding) I need one panty-liner a day for about 3 days a month. It's AMAZING! I never gained any weight, and I would say it helped my acne only a little bit %u2013 I get pimples no matter what I do. Try Loestrin! You won't regret it!”

Spicy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2020

“I can’t even begin to understand how this Loestrin 24 Fe is even consider Medicine. First, previously my mental health was in great place. With-in two months of being on this pill I battle with depression and suicide. Second, I gained weight and didn’t even get my period on my off week. I hate this pill with passion. I believe it should be banned. I believe there need to be more research done in the connection of birth control pills and depression. The pills has torn me apart and now I working to put myself back together. But I know I am not the only one who has had these side effects. Now I am seeing the reviews. It infuriates me that there is not more research done between the psychological effects of Birth control in women. I am angry. I am upset. Please don’t take these pills.”

Anonymous April 8, 2010

“I have been on Loestrin for about 9 months now and took it to both reduce my period and birth control. I used to get my period for 7 to 9 days and it would be extremely heavy to the point I had to change every hour to 2 hours. Yes I know horrible, and ever since I started taking Loestrin I have mt period for 4 days at the most and it's super light. When I first started the pills I still would bleed a little between periods but after about 3 months all that went away. I used to forget but I use an alarm now and it works, I never forget now. I haven't had any side effects, no weight gain but I haven't gotten my period this month and I'm not pregnant. I would rather have my period for at least a day so I wont get scared that I'm pregnant.”

theonerealisticperson January 1, 2020

“Honestly, I read all these comments about how this birth control would make me depressed, gain weight, have horrible mood swings, etc... but I've been taking it for almost 2 months now and I've had none of these side effects. I really don't see a problem with this oral contraceptive but yet again we are all different and react differently to medications. My personal experience has been that I did notice breakthrough bleeding within the 2 weeks on the pill but it only lasted 3 days and it was very light. I have also read about people not getting their period but I have gotten mine right on schedule and it has been very light and basically just spotting. I originally started this pill to lighten my period and cramps and it has been very effective.”

Anonymous March 28, 2010

“I'm 19 and I've been taking Loestrin 24 Fe for 7 months now. Before starting the pill, my periods had always been manageable and short. I started the pill simply for birth control. Now that I've been taking the pill regularly, my periods have lasted only about 2 days and have been extremely light. I was just supposed to have had my period and I didn't get it. I took a pregnancy test and I'm NOT pregnant. True, being on birth control does give me peace of mind, however it'd be nice to actually get a period once a month. This is my only complaint about this pill.”

kasey1891 March 27, 2010

“I have been on various types of oral contraceptives for years and just 1 month ago switched to Loestrin 24. I have had no noticeable side effects differing from other BC pills. HOWEVER, I did not have a period this month!!! After being SIX days late and worrying that I was pregnant, and all that comes along with such a huge life-change, I took a pregnancy test. Negative. I CAN NOT worry every month whether I am pregnant because I may or may not have a period with Loestrin 24 Fe.”

Madi May 4, 2020

“I recently started taking this birth control and 2 weeks on it my chin blew up with acne. I didn’t have acne until I started birth control last year. My depression is so much worse and it’s rare to have a good day. My doctor is having me stay on it for 3 months to see if it levels out. Hoping for the best”

Anonymous November 10, 2008

“I have been taking Loestrin 24Fe for 13 months now and I have no complaints. It is the first birth control that I have tried. After 3 months of taking the pill, it completely ended my period. I was a little nervous about it, but my doctor assured me that not having a period was normal (especially if you were light before) and that it would not effect my ability to have children later. Also, the pill took away all of my acne which is always a plus!”

it's not that bad December 11, 2009

“Hands down the best birth control I've ever tried. I've been on it all this year and I have had zero side effects. No bloating, moodiness, break through bleeding etc. I take it at the same time everyday as it's recommended to do so. I just spot 2-3 days at the end of my cycle. Best part is that it's PANTYLINER light! Extremely happy that my gyno prescribed me this pill. I've been on the pill since I was 17, I'm 23 now, and have tried more than I care to remember. I intend on using Loestrin42Fe for years to come!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2019

“I am not happy with this medication Loestrin 24 Fe. I switched birth control pills as my last pill made me gain 10lbs in a short amount of time. I lost it all after I went off that pill within a few months. After about 3 weeks on this particular pill, I knew it would be normal for my chest to be tender and my body felt a mess, but wasn’t expecting to develop acne on my jawline and neck, especially since I have never had acne before. My skin is now really oily when I typically have dry skin. I thought it was because the time of year and its warm but I’ve never had this issue throughout my life and I’m in my 30’s. Here come to find out after looking online, it seems like other people have the same problem, glad to see this thread and to know I’m not the only one. I’m on my last pill, and I will not be taking this anymore. Hopefully my skin clears up fast.”

Anonymous March 1, 2010

“This is the first birth control I have been on so I don't have much to compare it to, but I have been on it for 2 years. I got on Loestrin 24 Fe because I was sexually active and had irregular periods. Since I have been on the pill I have had shorter, lighter periods and very minimal cramping (if at all). I am very pleased with this pill. I don't even have spotting between periods. If taken correctly, I feel that this birth control is very effective. I have not had any side effects that I can even think of. I have always been average weight and Loestrin 24 Fe has not caused me to gain/lose anything. To be completely honest, I have never had an issue with acne so I can't really express whether or not it has helped in that manner.”

Reviewer · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2019

“I like this pill Loestrin 24 Fe, I do not have mood swings, weight gain or acne. So far it has pretty much stopped my periods each month. I just get very very light spotting for 2 - 3 days instead of a full blown period. I've been on other pills and I like this one better.”

Care · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2018

“Coming from someone who already struggles with bipolar and anxiety, this made me feel like I was losing my mind. I’ve been in a mental hospital and felt more sane. The cramping and vomiting were the cherry on top. If you struggle from mental health issues please please stay away from this.”

Anonymous November 14, 2008

“I've been on Loestrin 24 FE for 5 months. I had a few bothersome side effects and a few side effects that weren't so bothersome. In the second month I developed this weird anxiety and had this constant sense of nervousness. I would also have very brief moments of dizziness. For example, if I turned my head too fast I'd feel a flash of dizziness. For nearly 4 months my breasts were sore, but I could deal with that. I spotted for the first month, but I could deal with that, too. I never had any nausea, weight gain, acne, hair loss, or skin discoloration. Now that I've gotten over the side effects I'm pretty pleased and wouldn't want to switch.”

Anonymous December 21, 2009

“People who are giving this a bad review either aren't letting it get into their system or are some of the few that will suffer from the side effects that come along with taking any medication. People who write a bad review saying they have only been on it for 6 weeks or a couple months have not let their body adjust to a new pill. I have been on this pill for 6 months now and have no real complaints. In the beginning I spotted here and there and my period lasted longer than 4 days. It is better than bleeding for 6-7 days. Give it a chance.”

Anonymous November 26, 2008

“I've been using Loestrin 24 FE for almost a year and couldn't be happier with it. I'm 18 and it's the first pill I've tried, so I guess I got lucky with it. I experienced no side-effects, even during the first pack. The main objective is always not to get pregnant, and obviously it's doing the job it should in that respect. However, it also completely eliminated my periods. I'll get a small amount of bleeding every few months (maybe half a day's worth of spotting), but that's all. The only downside is that it's expensive but worth it.”

adhi414 May 13, 2010

“Well, this is the first month that I have been on Loestrin. I have not gotten any weight gain as with other methods of birth control. I also haven't had any bleeding or spotting between periods. The reason because my doctor told me to start taking Loestrin was because I was on Yasmin and that pill made me have more side effects than Loestrin. With Loestrin my acne has not broken out, it actually helped me with that. This is my last week for my first pack and I feel really good with it. Maybe the reason why everyone else is having problems with the pill is because they may take it during the day. My doctor recommended to take it during the night, that way you won't experience that many side effects.”

Cait · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2019

“I was on Lo Loestrin for 3 months. During those 3 months, I developed horrible acne. I’ve never had issues with acne, so when I started getting huge breakouts that wouldn’t go away all along my chin and jawline, I wasn’t too thrilled. No matter what acne products I used, the breakouts would not go away. Additionally, this stopped my periods entirely. Before, I was taking the pill Junel, and I was having light, regular periods that indicated I wasn’t pregnant, which is always a relief. I had no way of knowing with this birth control since I never had a period. My face is starting to finally clear up after a month of being off of this pill, and I finally had my period again. I would not recommend this pill at all.”

Jessica1234 July 26, 2010

“I started Loestrin 24 about 5 months ago and I LOVE it! My boyfriend and I regularly have unprotected sex and it has done it's job so far. The first month of taking Loestrin, I admit, was hell. I was not myself at all. However, I haven't gained any weight and my periods are super light and last only about 2-3 days. After the first month, I was right back to normal. If a birth control pill or patch or whatever doesn't feel great the first month, my suggestion is to stick it out until at least the third month because your body will eventually adjust. Also, because Loestrin is such a low dose of hormones, you MUST take it around the same time everyday. If not, you will bleed a bit within like 8 hours of a missed pill and it's annoying.”

Anonymous August 20, 2009

“I just started this pill and so far I've noticed that I have been very moody and my period has become much heavier so far. The moodiness has really affected me and my boyfriend because I start fights over the dumbest things. I'm going to give this a few months and if nothing changes I'm going to have to switch.”

Ellie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2018

“I’m on my third month of Loestrin and so far I can’t complain much. It’s definitely improved my acne. I still get a few breakouts right before my period starts but this is still a dramatic improvement from the pizza face I was dealing with before starting this pill. I’m also still spotting the week before my period but it seems to be going away slowly. Other than that, no mood swings, my weight is still the same, and periods are lighter and shorter with minimal cramping. If things keep going the way they are, I’ll probably stick to this birth control.”

Female29 March 31, 2010

“After trying Seasonique, Yaz, and Ortho-Lo, I am sooo relieved to find this pill. Side effects are minimal compared to the others and period is very light. I felt compelled to share my positive experience after reading so many negative ones. Give it a chance”

Rayla · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2019

“I started this birth control because it was low in estrogen and all the other birth control I have tried would make me bleed constantly. I was only 2 weeks in and I started to bleed again so I stopped. My issue though is the TERRIBLE acne this has caused me. I'm relieved to see that there are others who share the same issue. I have never had acne this severe, I am so embarrassed to show my skin. I seriously just want to hide, I feel disgusting. I've broken so badly on my chin, back and slightly on my chest. I went to the dermatologist to seek relief, but it's still going to take much time to heal. This has by far been the worst birth control I have ever taken. I would not recommend this.”