User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 235 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

"I haven't used this for very long, probably less than a week, and I know your body's suppose to get use to it however after reading these experiences I don't think my symptoms are gonna change. I'm not sure how effective the pill is for sex because I used it to calm down my periods however ever since I've started using it I get pains in my lower stomach. they feel like period pains and the pill has put my whole mood down. I do get acne kinda normally however i broke out so much on my forehead and I'm almost positive it's from this pill. it's Thursday and I started it Sunday and I've gained probably 5-6 pounds already. it literally makes me hungry 24/7 which is a nono. i'm either stopping all together or switching to a new pill."

jennaaD July 15, 2016

"I was on this pill for two years and everything was awesome! My acne did worsen significantly but my dermatologist fixed me right up. Nauseous the first month on the pill. I used to have extremely heavy periods and this pill made my period completely vanish! If there ever was a period it was only there when I wiped so it was very light. Unfortunately, I recently had to switch pills, for some reason it made me bleed for two months straight. Most important there were no pregnancies!"

Jm7418 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2016

"I was on Loestrin 24fe for three years. I didn't realize until I stopped taking it but it made me a crazy person. I didn't feel like myself at all. When I started taking it I dropped 15-20 pounds within roughly 2 months and gained it all back almost instantly. I also had painful intercourse and very tender, lumpy breasts. I would never recommend this pill to anyone. Now, I've just started Mononessa for PCOS."

Amber1991 May 27, 2016

"Terrible cramps on the first day of each period, my periods were heavier than ever, I bled through 4 super plus tampons a day. I had bleeding every day of the month, not spotting, BLEEDING. Just finished my 4th month and I'm done taking it. Made me super anxious"

C7777 May 27, 2016

"This has been a bad experience for me. I’m 28, very active, and weigh 108 lbs. I was on the Lomedia 24 Fe for one month and during that month I had terrible acne all over my forehead and mood swings - some days I would wake up in a bad mood. This absolutely murdered my sex drive and my ability to have an orgasm. I did not get my period while on the medication either. I had a pregnancy test done and it came up negative. I’m hoping to find a birth control that works for me soon."

Upset_User (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2016

"My experience on Loestrin was terrible. My anxiety was through the roof, I had so many panic attacks, I didn't feel like I was myself the 9 months I was on it. It was an effective birth control, but it made my mind not okay. I told my doctor that I hated the way it made me feel and he switched me to Yaz. It took me a little while to realize how amazing I was doing on it. I don't suggest Loestrin to anyone."

Sav1234567 April 23, 2016

"This is the most terrible birth control you can go on. I have been battling ovarian cysts because of this birth control for 2 months. I have never been in so much pain and discomfort in my life. DO NOT go on this bc especially if it makes your period irregular or hormones fluctuate because that is what causes the cyst. Also horrible consitpation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2016

"I just started this pill, this is my first month and I'm about two weeks in. I feel like no one this new has left any comments (I've been searching for answers and relatable experiences on it). I figure I might help a few people who are going to be in my position. My breast have gotten a bit bigger in just two weeks (half a cup size). No moodiness so far, in fact it may have bettered my mood. On my 11th day (today) I got a light period. I had cramps, but not Normal cramps and no where near as painful. When I woke up I felt pain in my mid abdomen, right above my belly button. As for weight gain, I feel bloated, but I always have problems with bloating - so I would need more time before I blame the birth control."

AnonymousPerson567854 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

"I've been on birthcontrol for 15 years. I stopped to get pregnant and my doctor started me on Loestrin after I decided to start birthcontrol again. I developed two blood clots within 45 days. Blood clots are very serious and once you have then they increase your risk of having more. I'm currently on a blood thinner and pray I don't get a PE."

Livenpeaceful March 12, 2016

"For the first month, I had no issues with this pill. The second month, I started bleeding a week and a half before I was supposed to start my period and was emotional 24/7. The third pack I was on, I didn't bleed early but I was still emotional. The fourth and fifth, which I'm currently on the fifth, I started bleeding a week and a half early again... I also have terrible cramps. I take the pill every morning, I never miss it... Will be switching birth controls after this pack."

Ohiogirl22 February 27, 2016

"I started taking Loestrin in Sep 2015 after experiencing weight gain, general sadness and headaches on Yasmin. At the time I was starting a new job & training for a marathon so initially put my anxiety down to that. However after completing the race & becoming settled & happy in my new job I still experiencing severe anxiety, having panic attacks and racing negative thoughts. I stopped taking Loestrin, within days the symptoms subsided. This month (Feb 2016) I foolishly decided to give the pill another chance convincing myself I had been over-reacting to the side effects previously. Within 4 days the symptoms returned, stopped taking & already getting back to normal"

Chi Jane Gavhure (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2016

"I've been on this BC for about 4 months and I've really had no problems with it. I have had a lost of appetite but nothing to severe I also missed a period one month but that hasn't happen again and my periods have been really light and short. No mood swings. Some acne but not much more the usual."

ashleighhhhhhh February 8, 2016

"I have no real side effects the only one I can think of is weight gain. I gained about 6 lbs but not even in the beginning it was about 3 months in. I can't seem to lose those 6lbs but oh well."

Toady27 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

"I am 22 years old and this is the first time I've been on a BC. After reading all the bad reviews I wanted to make sure that there is at least a good one. Everyone's body is different and reacts different. So don't let scary reviews scare you away. Try it for yourself and if you don't like it you can always find something that you do like. I have been on this BC for 3 weeks going on 4 and I love it so far! No spotting, mood swings, headaches, depression and my skin is more clear than before. I have also noticed my boobs are getting bigger, they're a little sore but not bad. So far I'd say its a good experience "

NotoriousGypsy (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

"Horrible, horrible, horrible I have never had acne this bad in my life!!!!!!!!!! My WHOLE chin and jawline are red and covered in cystic acne!!! I HAD PERFECTLY CLEAR SKIN BEFORE. I am honestly in a complete panic with what is going on with my skin. I'm in shock that a small pill could do this much damage. My face hurts so bad because of the acne. Its been only 3 weeks since I started taking it. Switching to sprintec tomorrow. DO NOT USE THIS, SAVE YOUR SKIN!!!!!"

Loestrin sucks (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2015

"I started taking Loestrin 24 Fe when I was 19 years old for 4 years. I have a slim body and I'm active. My periods are light and I don't get cramps or back aches while on my period and I don't have problems with acne. My periods were just very irregular. I would sometimes get my period the next month, the next week, and even the next three months! And they would last like 1 week, 2 weeks and even 4 weeks one time! I was on Loestrin for 4 years because it didn't give me any negative side effects. It gave me regular periods and I never got pregnant. I stopped taking it because my doc told me they discontinued it! So she prescribed me Minastrin 24 Fe. I looked up the reviews for it and didn't like what I saw. So I've been off bc for 2 years."

No complaints September 14, 2015

"I loved being on this pill. The only reason why I stopped is because I am way too busy to take it at the same time every day, so I now have a birth control implant. I did not gain weight. Acne... well, I've always had bad acne, even before birth control. I was secretly hoping it would clear it up, which it did not, but it definitely did not get worse. No weight gain, etc. Lightened my cycles for the fist year, then afterwards I would regularly get my period every other month, and then I would never get it (and take tests when I was worried.) Towards the end (I was on it for years), I was horrible with taking it on time-- there were days I would even forget to take it. With back up protection, I still was never pregnant. Loved this pill."

Ashleys Experience September 11, 2015

"This is a summary of my experience so far Month1 Week1 - 1 period, 2 to 4 light period, 5 normal, 6 light period, 7 spotting Week2 - 1 to 3 normal, 4 spotting, 5 bb, 6 to 7 spotting Week3 - 1 to 4 spotting, 5 to 7 normal Week4 - 1 to 3 normal, 4 normal, 5 light period, 6 light period, 7 light period Month2 Week1 - 1 light period, 2 to 7 normal Week2 - 1 to 2 normal, 3 light spotting, 4 spotting, 5 light bb, 6 to 7 bb Week3 - 1 bb and cried for no reason, 2 bb For reference, bb - breakthrough bleeding normal - no periods"

JennyDango (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2015

"This birth control was advised to me strictly to help the awful symptoms of my menstrual cycle stomach aches, heavy bleeding etc6 and loestrin ended up taking my period away for over a year. This although it seems amazing, did not seem healthy to me at all. I also lost a ton of hair the first month or so of going on it. My hair is still not healthy as it was before. Barely grows.. a lot drier.. I currently am off of it and it took me almost 4 months to finally get my period back again. Now that the symptoms are back in full swing.. I am wishing I never went off of it obviously.. but I am definitely afraid of going back on it and losing my hair all over again so it looks like I am toughing out the symptoms with the rest of the female race"

Ashlab94 August 5, 2015

"I was on Loestrin for about 3 months after a year on generic OrthoCyclen. Initially it was a great switch because the last one made me extremely moody, but the new one had no emotional effects. The first two months we annoying because I was having breakthrough bleeding. By the 3rd month I finally had a normal cycle, but after finishing the 3rd pack I noticed a LOT of my hair was falling out! Apparently Loestrin is a high androgen pill that can cause hair loss, and with a history of hair loss in my family I should never have been on it in the first place. Please talk to you doctor about this side effect before starting; I've lost over 20% of my hair in the last week and it may last another year."

Ces20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

"I've been on this pill for a month. I specifically asked my doctor for a low-dose pill because I have had really bad experiences with birth control in the past, from weight gain to ridiculous mood swings, PMS, to my sex drive gone, to constant spotting. I am a healthy, slim, active 37 year old. This pill is the BEST! It's like I am not on anything at all. I have not gained any weight. No acne, no mood swings, and my sex drive has increased, actually. The only reason why I can't give it a 10 is because it is a little pricey and one thing I was not expecting was the boob growth! I was already a 32dd, and I am popping out of those bras already. My man is not complaining though....lol."

Mimimini June 17, 2015

"I didn't get pregnant, but my vagina produced a ton of creamy white discharge ever and led to a yeast overgrowth in my gut, upsetting my body's overall pH. It made me anxious and I had trouble sleeping. Periods were incredibly light, like spotting, but with unbearable cramps. Not a fan of this BC."

Niki2323 June 12, 2015

"Stop reading into birth control so much ! Everyone is different and it is all about trial and error based on your needs, your body, you. I am 23 years old and have never tried birth control pills. My hormones were off and I was getting hormonal breakouts around my chin along with abnormal menstrual cycle. I was skeptical about starting to use the pill because I want a natural period and I feel like my body will respond the way it needs to without meds, but sometimes you need help getting back on track after stress, etc.I have noticed a huge change the first two weeks I was just emotional but that was expected. I cried for silly reasons but laughed it off. Overall it is doing its job. I feel better all around."

Marybeethh May 21, 2015

"I have tried several other birth control pills in my lifetime and none have ever done for me what Loestrin does. I suffer from extremely heavy periods and no other pill has ever been able to help except for this one. I get NO PERIODS on this pill. To go from being unable to leave the house for a week to NO PERIOD AT ALL is beyond words for me. Not only is this medicine effective for birth control, it also allows for a shorter period, or none at all! I love this and I will never switch to anything else."

Mommyx2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2014

"I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about four years now. When I first started taking it, I did gain about 15 pounds or so. Other than that, it has been good. My periods only last 2-3 days and they are light enough that I can wear a small tampon or a panty liner. I had three ovarian cysts burst before taking Loestrin and since I've been on it, I haven't had any cysts burst. I would recommend Loestrin, except for the weight gain."

kb217718 October 16, 2014