User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 250 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

"I was on loestrin for about 3 years before switching to its generic equivalent, mylan. After about 5 years of being on this brand I started getting really bad symptoms (nausea, cold sweats, dropped body temp, migraine) so I decided to quit birth control all together (was on it about 10 years). Within 2 months I gained 10 pounds, particularly in the midsection. At first I didn't connect the dots and started a straight vegetarian meal prep diet and worked out 4-6 times a week. My weight steadily kept going up until I gained about 30 lbs in 6 months, again mostly in my belly. I read up that this is a common side effect of quitting birth control, particurly with the loestrin/mylan 24 fe brand. It's been over a year and still no end in sight"

Anniebear (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had a terrible experience with this bc. Once I started taking it, I was very nauseous daily for a week. Once I got my period, it was so painful and so heavy, I couldn't even do anything. I would also get a full blown period twice in one month. My period was never like that before. I stayed on it for 3 months or so trying to let my body get used to it but it was not working out. I started taking this birth control to shrink ovarian cysts. I had two small ones that did go away but I had another bigger one pop up. But Everybody is different. I just felt like sharing my experience. I am now taking minastrin 24 fe. So we will see how this works for me...."

Tories (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I wanted shorter periods and had breast pain on my old pill, so I asked for a low dose bc. I'm on month 4 of this pill and want to be off it desperately. Pack 1, I got a 1 day period and got excited. Pack 2, in the second week I spotted a lot, then got a 2 day period on schedule. Pack 3, I spotted for 2 weeks and then had heavier spotting for a period. I'm almost through the first week of pack 4 and still bleeding, although it is way lighter than my previous periods on a different pill. I can't deal with this bleeding. My dr said give it 4 months and here we are. I am asking to be put on my old bc asap, I'll put up with the sore boobs!."

reenabeena December 31, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was on loestrin for about 5 years until I decided to take a break and get off the pill. Although my skin was clear and it was effective at basically eliminating my period and most cramping, DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. It gave me horrible mood swings, anxiety and made me irrational, unreasonable and angry (basically insane) - which I didn't realize until I stopped taking it. I honestly thought I was just me until I got off and felt much more like myself. I've been happy and upbeat ever since."

Anonymous December 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've had many problems in the past with keeping my hormone levels normal. After switching to this pill, my levels have evened out. However, I have noticed that when I do have my cycle (which is rare) I become extremely nauseated and feel absolutely sick. Everyone reacts differently but if you're going to try this pill, just know if you're like me there's a possibility of a lot of debilitating nausea and chances of fever."

Sassyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"The first two weeks I did have heavy spotting and slight nausea, which went away before the first month was over. It cleared my face from acne, I didn't have much to begin with. And I gained no weight at all and no bloating. I honestly love this birth control I asked my doctor for a low hormone pill and this is what he subscribed. I'm very happy with it, I will not be switching any time soon. I plan on keeping it for sure!"

Bella nova (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been using the pill for two and a half weeks now and absolutely love it. I had previously used Sprintec, a generic over the counter pill that was free, and prior to Obamacare was 9 dollars a month with my insurance. I changed pills after my insurance refused to allow me to take yaz and the next best option was this. My skin is more clear, my attitude is happier, my sex drive is through the roof, and I think depending on your natural level of hormones, this pill can do great things for you. I don't approve of the cost, but thankfully my doctor said he will supply me with free monthly trial packets until my insurance agrees to cover yaz."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on this pill for 9 years and have always loved it. I basically never have a period and have never been pregnant or had a pregnancy scare. HOWEVER, I got my first yeast infection after about 4 months on this pill. My doctor at the time told me this was normal in women. I have been getting yeast infections 3-5 times a year since starting this pill. My new doctor has informed me that this many yeast infections is, in fact, NOT normal. I have just switched my birth control."

hanbanan November 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I am 25 years old. Just started taking loestrin 24fe. Took it a week before my peroid. It's been two weeks since then. No period yet. Haven't done the deed yet so I dont know how effective it is. Started taking it due to being married soon (next week in fact). The problem Is I'm having shortness of breath and pain in my knee (thought it was pain due to walking home from work everyday, now not so sure. Could be a possible blood clot. My calf is hurting as well. I'm going to continue to take my pills but have compression socks on from now on to limit the clots if I have any. I'm healthy (except I have synthyroid) only 25, so I shouldn't be having problems like this right? I'm keeping my legs over my heart as instructed to lessen the pain."

Pickle juice (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Was put on this pill after I came off microgynon after 5 years as it made me insane. I've been on loestrin for 3 months and will be changing as soon as I can. I have been having the most severe nightmares on this pill and I am woken up every night in a tizz. Also my boobs have grown a cup size which is good, but I have also gained weight and can't seem to shift it. Feel constantly fat. Also all my life I have had essentially perfect skin but since being on this pill my skin is constantly greasy which has resulted into spots. On the plus side, mood is generally good and no pregnancys but the nightmares are too big of a deal to carry on"

Holly199328 September 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I went on this pill when I got into my first serious relationship. I've tried other birth control pills before and had to go off of them because of weight gain. When I finally got back on the pills, I thought it was great because my periods were always regular, I had no weight gain, and my skin was flawless. But, after being on it for 6 months now I'm realizing that this pill is the reason for my poor mental health. I went from being happy and satisfied with my life, to being an actual crazy person. I started lashing out at the people I loved as the months progressed. I would have the worst mood swings of my life. I would be happy and laughing, and the next minute I was in tears. It turned me into an angry person that I didn't know."

Nothappyandalsoscared September 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This pill is horrible. I've tried my fair share of different birth control pills, this being my 4th, and it is by far one of the worst. Since I've started it, it makes me hungry at all times- I NEVER feel full, ever! I can eat and eat and eat and not feel a thing. The increase in appetite and the want to binge has made me gain about 15 pounds since starting this pill about 5 months ago. The main reason I'm on birth control is to lighten my very heavy periods, which it does, but the side effect of increased appetite which causes weight gain makes it not worth it. Will definitely be switching to a different pill asap."

ashtk9 September 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was on this birth control for roughly 2 years and after hoping it would get better, I decided to try a new pill. It made me very irritated out of nowhere sometimes, would make me very emotional around my MS and made me have absolutely NO sex drive. When I did have sex, it was extremely painful and unpleasant(it was not like this at all before). I also started having face/back acne right after starting the pill. The only reason I give it a 3/10 is because of 2 years of use, it prevented pregnancy and I had very light periods."

Eh.. (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 12, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"My experience is similar to one above mine. I have only been on it a couple of weeks. My breasts have grown alot. I started taking the pill on the first day of my period like the pack said to do. It stopped my period, I know it's early but so far I'm happy with it. Hope this helps someone ."

KatM48223 September 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've been on this for years, after experimenting with ones that made me: fat; bloated; emotional; nuts. I love it, no acne, no weight gain, no period... I'll take it!"

Piper terra August 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I gave this pill 4 months and my face has been progressively getting worse with each pack. I'm also on 75mg of Spironolactone and I feel like that helps some, but not enough. I went on this to help with my chronic headaches and menstrual migraines, but it didn't help either. In fact, my cramps and migraines were horrible. I felt so sick every time I would bleed. I'm getting headaches every day still and I break out constantly. I'm also super depressed and feel down all the time. That just started with the 4th pack. The pros are I didn't gain any weight. My breasts grew a cup size and I didn't get pregnant."

batsy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I haven't used this for very long, probably less than a week, and I know your body's suppose to get use to it however after reading these experiences I don't think my symptoms are gonna change. I'm not sure how effective the pill is for sex because I used it to calm down my periods however ever since I've started using it I get pains in my lower stomach. they feel like period pains and the pill has put my whole mood down. I do get acne kinda normally however i broke out so much on my forehead and I'm almost positive it's from this pill. it's Thursday and I started it Sunday and I've gained probably 5-6 pounds already. it literally makes me hungry 24/7 which is a nono. i'm either stopping all together or switching to a new pill."

jennaaD July 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was on this pill for two years and everything was awesome! My acne did worsen significantly but my dermatologist fixed me right up. Nauseous the first month on the pill. I used to have extremely heavy periods and this pill made my period completely vanish! If there ever was a period it was only there when I wiped so it was very light. Unfortunately, I recently had to switch pills, for some reason it made me bleed for two months straight. Most important there were no pregnancies!"

Jm7418 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was on Loestrin 24fe for three years. I didn't realize until I stopped taking it but it made me a crazy person. I didn't feel like myself at all. When I started taking it I dropped 15-20 pounds within roughly 2 months and gained it all back almost instantly. I also had painful intercourse and very tender, lumpy breasts. I would never recommend this pill to anyone. Now, I've just started Mononessa for PCOS."

Amber1991 May 27, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Terrible cramps on the first day of each period, my periods were heavier than ever, I bled through 4 super plus tampons a day. I had bleeding every day of the month, not spotting, BLEEDING. Just finished my 4th month and I'm done taking it. Made me super anxious"

C7777 May 27, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This has been a bad experience for me. I’m 28, very active, and weigh 108 lbs. I was on the Lomedia 24 Fe for one month and during that month I had terrible acne all over my forehead and mood swings - some days I would wake up in a bad mood. This absolutely murdered my sex drive and my ability to have an orgasm. I did not get my period while on the medication either. I had a pregnancy test done and it came up negative. I’m hoping to find a birth control that works for me soon."

Upset_User (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"My experience on Loestrin was terrible. My anxiety was through the roof, I had so many panic attacks, I didn't feel like I was myself the 9 months I was on it. It was an effective birth control, but it made my mind not okay. I told my doctor that I hated the way it made me feel and he switched me to Yaz. It took me a little while to realize how amazing I was doing on it. I don't suggest Loestrin to anyone."

Sav1234567 April 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This is the most terrible birth control you can go on. I have been battling ovarian cysts because of this birth control for 2 months. I have never been in so much pain and discomfort in my life. DO NOT go on this bc especially if it makes your period irregular or hormones fluctuate because that is what causes the cyst. Also horrible consitpation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I just started this pill, this is my first month and I'm about two weeks in. I feel like no one this new has left any comments (I've been searching for answers and relatable experiences on it). I figure I might help a few people who are going to be in my position. My breast have gotten a bit bigger in just two weeks (half a cup size). No moodiness so far, in fact it may have bettered my mood. On my 11th day (today) I got a light period. I had cramps, but not Normal cramps and no where near as painful. When I woke up I felt pain in my mid abdomen, right above my belly button. As for weight gain, I feel bloated, but I always have problems with bloating - so I would need more time before I blame the birth control."

AnonymousPerson567854 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've been on birthcontrol for 15 years. I stopped to get pregnant and my doctor started me on Loestrin after I decided to start birthcontrol again. I developed two blood clots within 45 days. Blood clots are very serious and once you have then they increase your risk of having more. I'm currently on a blood thinner and pray I don't get a PE."

Livenpeaceful March 12, 2016