User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.1

Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 4.0 156 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "The first four months on this pill had me spotting for the majority of the time. I was really moody all the time and would cry over any little thing. As months went by, my periods got shorter and lighter, but I developed extreme anxiety. The anxiety turned into depression and I didn’t feel like doing anything all the time. After 8 months, I stopped this pill and I’m going to be taking Gianvi. Hopefully I will start to feel like my normal self again, but I do not recommend taking this pill. If you start getting depressed and anxious out of nowhere, blame this pill!"

Lex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this pill Feb of 2017. My insurance switched over to this brand and I didn’t think it would be a problem. I’m constantly spotting and cramping. My moods are terrible. My sex drive is fine. But I made the decision to finally stop. I can’t take the spotting. I enjoy sex and it’s not fun when your spotting all the time. I only have it a 2 because I didn’t get pregnant...that’s the only positive remark I have."

Tori (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "This medicine has worked pretty well for me. I haven't experienced many side effects. I am anxious but I don't know if I can contribute that to the drug because I was already anxious. I haven't gained weight and all side effects disappeared after a month. The only things I experienced were sore breasts, vivid dreams, and a slight increase in moodiness but that all has went away. I guess it just depends on how your body reacts."

1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Birth Control "THIS. IS. HORRIBLE I started this birth control early July now a day into the placebo pills I felt terrible and it took me a little while to realize it was from the birth control. First, it made my cycle a WEEK late so I was stressed about being pregnant, once the cycle came it lasted past 7 days! Which is extremely alarming. Second, when I did have my cycle I had cramps all of the days I bled which is also not normal at all for me. I also was very depressed and anxious all the time. This is not my first time being on birth control when I was 18 I was on Levora and it was great I had 0 cramps, my cycle lasted 3 days and it made my skin very nice. I will never use this birth control again."

Angie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

For Birth Control "THE ABSOLUTE WORSE ! I was nauseous all the time , threw up , and depressed. Also, sex drive and natural lubrication took a negative toll. I don't recommend this to anyone! It made my life miserable . My body felt extremely weak . Its just not worth it"

Jo August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 when my insurance switched it from larin FE. I bled on and off the first pack which wasn’t too bad, but then started getting TERRIBLE cramps everyday, throughout the whole day. My anxiety and depression (which I was already diagnosed with but never was this bad) kept getting worse and worse. I couldn’t take it anymore so I stopped birth control completely for a month. My symptoms went away completely."

Banana (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

For Birth Control "Full disclosure: I've never taken the pill -- I've only had the depo shot as a teen. The first 4 months of taking this pill was honestly awful. My face broke out A LOT and I was super moody and my depression got worse. But, I stuck it out per doctor's recommendation and I am totally fine now. I would say I am still a bit more depressed, but I've struggled with that forever anyway and I'm now medicated for it. My skin though, is super clear and I almost never get break outs. Also, I've actually lost weight on this medicine. Don't get me wrong, I was making an effort to lose weight by eating healthy and working out so I don't think it's direct correlation with the pill, but I can say my sweets cravings have dimished like they never have before. Just my experience!"

Beatrixkiddo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I was only on this birth control pill for a month but would not recommend this pill to anyone. A few days into the placebo pill week I began to experience severe anxiety OCD, and depression, with no history of any mental illness before starting this pill. It became hard to want to get out of bed in the morning, I no longer had the desire to see my boyfriend or any of my friends. I stopped taking this pill and slowly started to feel like myself again but would not recommend that anyone take this pill."

Jane (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Junel FE 1/20 for three years and didn't have a problem. My insurance company decided to switch my generic up and give me Blisovi FE 1/20. I didn't think anything of it because it's the same drug. I've been on the Blisovi 1.5 years and have had a terrible time, but just now realizing it's this medication. It's made with talc and aluminum. I'm having neuromuscular aches and pains, a sign of aluminum toxicity, have had zero sex drive, and had more anxiety and mood swings. I finally got my insurance to put me back on Junel FE 1/20 three months ago, and all my problems went away within the first month. Don't waste your time on Blisovi. Tell your doctor and insurance company to get you on a different generic with no talc and aluminum."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I have bad fibromyalgia & periods cause flare ups to the point I cannot function—so my doc told me to take the first 3 weeks of each pack and switch to a new pack (no sugar pills) so I won’t have any periods! So far I have no headaches, no cramping, cravings, or acne! I might be a tad more irritated but it’s not like other BC’s I’ve tried where it’s full on rage! I also suffer from anxiety/ depression but with Blisovi, I feel confident & secure in myself! A little bit of sore breasts but it’s so nice to have my hormones feel balanced and at ease for once! I’ve tried Tri-Lo Sprintec, Lo Loestrin and a few other low dose ones this year & those side effects were just too strange to continue (like nausea and abdominal pain!) I’m very pleased thus far with Blisovi! And here I was about to give up on trying anymore due to months of trial & error."

ErkatM July 5, 2018

For Birth Control "So, a week ago I went to my OB and he prescribed me blisovi as a low estrogen alternative to taking a full estrogen replacement prescription. I am premenopausal at 32. I started taking these pills exactly one week ago and I woke up this morning to a very swollen, red, burning, very dry and itching hooha. I went back to my doctor today to determine that it is not a vaginal yeast infection but a side effect of this birth control. Needless to say I am stopping it immediately and it is going straight in the garbage! Please stay far far far away from this drug! I can't imagine the side effects if I had continued taking it for a month. A week of it did me in"

Oh my aching hooha (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I was just given this to treat PMDD. I was a bit hesitant after reading side effects in the enclosed papers. I will definitely consider all of my options before I start this after reading nothing but horrible experiences. Thank you all for your advice and warnings on this pill!"

Anonymous July 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I have not had a good experience with this Bc pill. I took it for one month & I felt horrible. My side effects were nausea migraines, constant hunger, depression, bloated, brain fog, and many more awful feelings. I can’t believe people are allowed to prescribe this to females. I get that everyone is different with different medicine but after reading some reviews it seems like a lot of ladies are having the same results as I am. Do not take this unless you have taken this before and have had no problems.."

Hfin July 2, 2018

For Birth Control "While everyone reacts to birth control differently, I had an awful experience with Blisovi Fe 1/20. I started breaking out with acne on my face, chest, and back about 3 weeks in after not dealing with bad acne for years. Though the acne was annoying, the worst part of this medication was what it did to my mood. I got depressed, moody, and extremely paranoid. I have been on 2 other types of birth control before this and neither effected my mood anywhere close to what Blisovi did to me. I have been off this pill for about 6 weeks and am returning to my normal self. While you may not have the same experience as me, please be aware that this pill can and does cause extreme mood changes and depression as well as acne!"

kdavis (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking birth control for about 15 years. Started with Microgestin for awhile, had little to no side effects while taking that. I was able to maintain my weight and also lose weight when I was trying. About 4 mo. ago, I picked up my prescription to see that it was now Blisovi. I began my cycle of the pill and a few weeks in, I gained about 8lbs. My lower abdomen was rock hard (like I was pregnant), I had constant fatigue and brain fog, and not to mention; I started to get acne! (I have never had skin issues before in my life!). I was even having terrible migraines and joint pain. I am a teacher and a Zumba instructor by night so, I’m very active, also taking weight loss pills and still gained so much weight because I couldn’t stop eating! I finally realized that I should check into the reviews of the product. For three months I could not figure out what was wrong with me. I was getting so depressed because of the side effects. I called my OBGYN and requested a new pill."

AlliP (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on birth control for years before having children. After #3 decided we were done and began taking pills again, the one I was on before kids wasn't such a great match so Blisovi is my second go round. I have been on it for 5 months, and other than spotting the second week of the first pack I haven't had a period, which is good and bad. I am always paranoid so not having anything happen is a bit stressful for me. This one has also made me super tired (the week of inactive pills I'm nowhere near as tired), the acne comes and goes and I have gained about 10 lbs despite running. No mood changes, or any other real complaints. Just switching because I need to have a period or something that resembles one to stay sane."

aubelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this for about 4 years now. I was really worried after I had a traumatic experience with Yaz, so my doctor recommended this. It's honestly great, I have had zero side effects (e.g. mood swings, weight gain, acne) and my periods are almost nonexistent. I have found that if I miss a pill I'll start spotting, and occasionally my periods didn't even happen (which worried me). I give it a 9/10 due to occasional spotting. I will never use a different BC"

See (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was sent blisovi from a company who “ fits you with the right birth control”. I started taking it and I had a second period the week right after my normal period. The cramps I had were so unbearable I went to the hospital thinking I might be having a miscarriage because it was that bad. Needless to say, I do not recommend this stuff to anyone. It is honestly the worst experience I have ever had with any birth control."

Cc (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Birth Control "After reading all these comments I was very surprised because I actually have had a pretty good experience and no problems. I’ve been on it for a year and a half and it’s regulated my periods to a certain day, gives me a light period and most of all it works every time, even if some cases that I missed one and had to double up the next day or I’m taking a pill 2 hours late it always works. I never really got side effects like acne and I have gained weight but I feel like that’s probably just me."

M (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I had a terrible experience with this drug. My libido was absolutely nonexistent on it and still has not returned a month after stopping. I started having panic attacks and depression symptoms on this pill, which I have never experienced as I am typically a very happy and calm person. Nausea for first 2 weeks on it, but this went away with time, whereas the other symptoms only worsened with time."

Irish (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Birth Control "PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL IM BEGGING YOU!! I been on it for a year now. I used to be this extremely happy girl 24/7 until I got on this pill. I got on it a couple months after I got with my boyfriend. Before I was on it me and my boyfriend had a good relationship I was always laughing and etc. well I got on this pill and all of a sudden I was a different person. It took me this long to finally realize that it was the blisovi and I only did because a friend of mine mentioned it could be my birth control. So I look up reviews and pretty much I was having what everyone else went through. I’m always depressed, I constantly yell at my boyfriend over the littlest things, I’m extremely emotional over the littlest things, anger got worse, anxiety is terrible, I have no sex drive anymore, I’ve only bleed 4 out of 12 months while being on this pill. When I did bleed it was blood clots or either brownish reddish color it wasn’t normal. PLEASE DON'T TAKE BLISOVI !!"

Hannah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Blisovi Fe 1/20 is effective so I didn’t get pregnant the year I’ve been on this BUT I was lil scared when I got my period early the third month on it and then never got my period again for the rest of the year taking this pill. My gyno reassured me that this is completely ok but when it was going on I felt immense paranoia and anxiety for about two months and was convinced I was pregnant. I feel like some people blame all of their problems on their birth control so I just want to say it was an ok experience, although I did also go through mood swings about 6 months in and we thought I was bi-polar. I never really thought that my birth control contributed to this until my yearly appointment with my gyno and he told me it was all normal and all side-effects."

rose (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I got switched onto this medication after taking Depo for 3 years. I have been on it for 5 months and during the time on this medication I have got HORRIBLE cystic acne all over my cheek, neck and chest area. This medication also lowered my sex drive making me not able to orgasm or even want to have sex with my boyfriend. I also have experienced bad migraines while taking this birth control. I am going to the dermatologist tomorrow and asking them about Tri-Sprintec."

Bri June 4, 2018

For Birth Control "Took Blisovi Fe 1/20 for a month after switching from lo loestrin, it’s not bad other than the fact that I’ve never had a pimple before taking this medication and now I have random cystic pimples all over my face. No weight gain or change in mood just awful, painful acne. Won’t be taking it anymore."

K (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I love this Blisovi Fe birth control. Lo estrin gave me horrible breast tenderness and made me gain weight. Sprintec gave me horrible exertion headaches during any strenuous physical activity including sex. This birth control does its job. My only complaint is that I sometimes see spotting on week 2."

Em (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2018