User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Blisovi Fe 1/20.

Birth Control 65 reviews 300 medications

3.6
Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 65 reviews 3.6

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I started taking this drug in January of 2016 and for the first two months everything was fine. After the first two months of having no side effects, things got bad. I got extremely painful cystic acne around my mouth, painful menstrual cramps, headaches, and I went from weighing 150 pounds to now 180 pounds. At the beginning I barely had a period but at the end it was back to being the long and dreadful periods I once had. This birth control obviously did what it was supposed to by preventing me from getting pregnant, but the side effects were not worth it. My doctor has no changed me to Yaz so I am hoping this is a better experience."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this medication for a little over a year. The first month I was extremely nauseous and had terrible cramps but they went away. It cleared my acne for a couple months but about 6 months into I had cystic acne all around my mouth and forehead. I also found myself crying for no reason and was extremely moody...especially before and after my period. I would not recommend taking this. The only positive out of it was that it cleared my acne for a short period of time."

do not take this (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control is terrible. I've never had acne before in my life, and now after taking this for almost 2 months I have acne on my entire face, and also on my back. I have also gained 6 pounds, and this pill effects me emotionally very much. Since taking this pill I now have bad social anxiety, and constantly find myself tearing up for no reason at all. I am genuinely a happy person, and this birth control constantly has me feeling anxious or sad. Only positive of this is it has prevented pregnancy like it's main purpose. I am now switching to a new brand."

Christinag8 September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been using this medication regularly for almost two years and have never had a desire to switch to anything else. It hasn't caused cramps, weight gain, spotting, nausea, mood swings, or acne for ME personally. I'm naturally prone to mood swings and hormonal acne and I feel like it actually regulates both issues, although they're not gone altogether. I do, however, get headaches when I go OFF this pill; there have been a few instances when I couldn't get my refill on time for either insurance or Rx issues, and after a few days off of this, I start to lose my appetite, become very fatigued, prone to headaches and even migraines. That is my only concern."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for a little over a year now and have consistently had problems with it and never fully connected the dots until I did more research on the drug. As far as preventing pregnancy, it works great, but aside from that, it wasn't. I didn't gain weight like some people, but it's effected my personality pretty severely. I get so emotional about everything. I cry really easily and I hate being alone. I'm so clingy to my fiance, so much that whenever I have to go home (we live separately) I cry and cry when I'm at home without him. I get angry fast and I'm constantly irritated. I also get spotting a lot. If I take the pill even a few hours late, I get my period the next day, for like 3 days, even if I continued taking the pills."

Don't take this pill! (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I stop taking this BC on the 3rd week. 2nd day on this BC, I started feeling uncomfortable down there. Went back and forth to the Dr during that three week period. The Dr. said everything was perfectly fine and that I should continue taking the BC. I continued to complained about the symptoms I was having. Lack of sleep, itching, crying for no reason. It was horrible. Dr. Kept suggesting to keep taking this birth control. I was told I wouldn't experience symptoms until 3 months into a pack. That was Definitely a lie. Since all test had check out that I was perfectly fine, I decided to stop taking the BC even though my Dr wanted me to continue. I been off the pill for 3 days and I'm feeling much better. I don't recommend this at all!!!!"

Don't Do It Sis! (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Stops you from getting pregnant but I have gained so much weight it's crazy, my periods are basically gone and I'm about to stop taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Before I started this medication, my periods were extremely painful and I had severe mood swings. On a pain scale from 1-10, I would say I was at a 10; when I had cramps I would have to leave school for at least a day or two, and was bedridden and had no appetite. Once I started taking these pills, my periods became just a tad bit lighter, yet the pain barely stopped. From a ten it went to an 8, which left me disappointed. The only upside I saw from this pill was I actually lost weight, yet everything else that came with my PMS remained the same (tender areas on the body, swollen lymph nodes, bloatedness, nausea, etc.). I was on this medication for a year and my periods became even more irregular..."

kazoo5790 August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was another unfortunate user who was switched to this brand when my pharmacy could no longer get my previous birth control. The pharmacy says it is the same as the other brand I was taking, but within 6 weeks of taking this birth control I gained about 18 pounds. I haven't changed exercise, diet, or general lifestyle stress which leads me to believe it was from this. Didn't get me pregnant though!"

Lady4590 August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 6-7 months now and it does what it's supposed to do. The first month met me with with severe, painful cramping for 48 hours straight with no relief, and I definitely had breakthrough bleeding in the first 2 months or so. After that, things have generally been smooth sailing, my period has been getting lighter and shorter in duration every cycle since then. No significant changes in mood or (facial) acne... though this cycle I have started getting acne on my back and butt which I never have experienced before. Sex drive has decreased, and haven't been able to get "wet" since the first month or so. But I still have been having plenty of sex regardless and am not pregnant, so it's doing it's job."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The moment I started taking this pill, my experience was awful. I have now been on it for almost 4 months and would have extreme headaches, cramps, and very heavy and long periods. Now, I'm getting spells of terrible anxiety and depression, upper abdominal pain, nausea, and can barely keep my contacts on my eyes. I've never had these problems before and am now trying to detox this god awful pill from my body. I never had this issue with other pills, but this is personally the worst."

Nichole R August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Let me start off saying that this birth control is the worst. I have been taking it for a year now and I have never felt worse. The first 4 four months were okay I didn't notice any bad side effects except for minor cramps everyday. After about five months it started to get worse. I have gained 15 pounds and it's extremely noticable. All I crave is junk food. I'm way more irritable. And all the time. The week before my period is horrible. I often get bad PMS before my period. But the pill amplified it. It's even effected my sex drive, which is now non existent. The pill works for pregnancy prevention. But I would not recommend taking it."

Dtuck (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started with loestrin, then pharmacy kept changing and eventually, they gave me this. At first, it seem okay, I had lost a lot of weight before I started taking this pill and before I knew it, I became twice my size, my boobs doubled if not tripled, I was moody all the time and depressed. My period became longer than normal, 5 to 6 heavy days as opposed to 3 normal with light drops on day 4. I was bleeding heavy for at least 5 days and started feeling cramps, even pains in between was like my period was coming early. I have stopped taking it for about a month now, I am planning a 2 month cleanse then back to Jumel fe. Hopefully, it can be controlled, but please stay away from this and I hope it is discontinued."

Johnna Doe August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was on NuvaRing for years until my moodiness on NuvaRing became an issue in my relationship. I switched to Microgestin but after a month on Microgestin, the pharmacy said they couldn't fill it anymore and gave me Blivosi. The next three packs were a disaster. My weight increased, my anxiety increased and I was fatigued all the time. I was sleeping 10+ hrs and still waking up exhausted. Periods were pretty normal but the biggest issue was HAIR LOSS. About 3 months in, I noticed that my hair was falling out in clumps. I would confirm prior to taking to Blivosi that you're not susceptible to androgenic hair loss. Clearly I am and now I have my wedding in three months and will have half the hair I should have. I reported my symptoms as well."

kris10kris (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had a wonderful experience with Gildess, but Blisovi on the other hand gave me horrible/painful acne, breast tenderness that got progressively worse, dryness, trouble sleeping, and yeast infections. I tried both dosages with only worse symptoms towards the end on lower dosage (what I tried last). Hopefully this helps!"

3251me August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience on this for my first period the first month was terrible because the cramps were killer. The week before my period I was spotting which has never happened before. The second time It wasn't as bad, my period lasted 3-4 days it was light and not as painful, only mild backaches. Only thing I really can say is constant for me personally was and still is my breast are incredibly tender. I take my pill at 8 every night, although my side effects are only mild I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I was on microgestin and if my breast tenderness continues I might have to request to switch back."

Just for others who wonder August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have a Congenital Heart Defect I was born with, so my Dr. prescribed me Losetrin FE about 5 years ago. DUE TO my insurance change I had to switch to Blisovi FE 1/20 and let me tell you I Love it. I have no headaches, vomiting nothing. I took it 2 years straight and when I was trying to get pregnant I took a year off and it still took me about 10 months to get pregnant with my son he is 1 now and I started back taking my pills again 7 months ago. My acne has went away I have regular periods to the date I took my last pill. Little to no cramping and light periods that last 3-5 days. I would highly recommend this pill. I know everyone's body is different. But just from my experience I would highly recommend this pill."

Nylamarie August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Terrible non-stop headaches for 45 days straight. Finally stopped 5 days after I stopped taking this."

ARBR August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I just started 2 months ago I'm entering my 3rd month today but I can say that it's going okay so far considering that I have tried other birth control and they were awful but so far my two periods have been light between 2-3 days light cramping so that a plus I also feel more tired been sleeping extra hours but the birth control seems to be working in going to keep trying it and see how it keeps working . And about acne before I started this birth control I had blackheads , whitehead and I would get a few pimples it hasn't changed much some days I notice my face looks cleaner with less acne than others but I never really have had a lot of acne ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Please report these side effects properly. I also have side effects and am concerned that the FDA isn't able to track the data not reported to them. The FDA is responsible for ensuring that foods are safe, wholesome, and correctly labeled. It also oversees medicines, medical devices (from bandages to artificial hearts), blood products, vaccines, cosmetics, veterinary drugs, animal feed, etc. "

Pleeeeease Read this guys July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Works as a pregnancy preventive, but wow do the side effects SUCK. Constant pain in ovaries and abdomen, sharp cramps at random times in my cycle, nauseated, bloated, couldn't wear my contacts for a month straight due to eye irritation, chest pains, so so so moody and emotional for NO REASON. I was originally taking Gildess and my pharmacy switched me in September 2016 to Blisovi FE1/20. I was fine in the first couple of months taking it, just nauseous here and there and occasional headaches, it was a good start. Then month 4-5 hit and side effects got even worse. I would not recommend this pill unless you can deal with the side effects. I experienced every side effect mentioned on the prescription within 6 months on this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first time on BC & before this pill I had intolerable cramping at all times of the month in addition to very heavy bleeding when I was on my period. My periods controlled my life and made it so I couldn't function half the time due to cramps, nasuea, & fatigue. Now on this pill my periods are so much lighter and less painful. Even on my worst days I can still function, as opposed to being bedridden 5-8 days a month like I was before. Don't let the bad reviews intimidate you, birth control has a different effect on everybody! Blisovi worked very well for me!"

eeemmykk (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Stay away from this birth control! I used to take loestrin fe which was the perfect birth control, had little to no side effects. I had switched to blisovi due to insurance, as soon as I started taking it I felt depressed, anxious and like I was living in a bubble. I couldn't do anything because all I wanted to do was throw up all the time, I barely could eat as well. I barely lasted a week which consisted of me crying everyday due to how it made me feel and decided to switch back to loestrin and pay out of pocket. Stay away from this birth control!!!"

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "At the beginning, it caused a LOT of nausea. I would wake up in the middle of the night feeling awful. I'm about 6 months in now, and the nausea has almost disappeared. The only times it comes back are when I don't eat when taking the pill. I never get pimples or acne anymore and my periods are tolerable. It's protected me really well from pregnancy so far and hope it stays that way!"

jmarie21 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill about a month ago, and three weeks into it I began experiencing some of the worst side effects I've ever had. I had a headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, blurred vision, fatigue, and extreme anxiety which I have never had before at this excessive level. I called my doctor and then took myself to urgent care, they were talking about diagnosis from complicated migraine up to stroke. I will never take this again, I would definitely look into this pill VERY thoroughly before taking it."

bc07 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2017