User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.2

Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 4.2 201 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I started Blisovi Fe 1/20 as my first birth control and was only on it for 10 days. At first I didn't think I had any side effects, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that the little things that were off about me had to be related to this birth control. I haven't been able to sleep very well; I keep having strange dreams that wake me up several times a night. I've been easily agitated and anxious. My stomach is constantly upset when I eat but I don't really have much of an appetite. I've decided to stop taking this medication and will be requesting to be put on a different pill. I read these reviews before starting it and should have listened."

bc23 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2019

For Birth Control "IF YOU HAVE ANXIETY/DEPRESSION TO NOT TAKE BLISOVI FE 1/20!!! Seriously, I went into horrible mood swings and would constantly be at a low or a high. Irritability was so bad I couldn't be around anyone without going off on them. The boob soreness was constant and it made me have large amounts of acne. I also found an increased appetite on this and gained a total of 20 pounds! I just recently switched and my mood has gone back to how I was before.... it's absolutely insane what this did to me. Please take this into consideration as I don't wish this on anyone. Absolutely the worst 6 months, I thought I lost my mind."

K (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2019

For Birth Control "This was my first time on birth control (Blisovi FE)and I am taking it for painful cramps. The first month I had no side effects besides a random week of spotting which I heard was common. My period was shorter, lighter, and had limited cramping which really saved my life. I no longer dread my period. I used to have to stay home from work because the cramps were so bad before this pill. During my second month I had sore boobs and that was it. I do have a bigger appetite but no weight gain since my metabolism is pretty fast. No mood changes. This pill has worked really well for me so far as my first time on BC but remember that everyone reacts differently :)"

Kourt2724 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

For Birth Control "This birth control Blisovi Fe is amazing, don't just listen to the negative reviews. Every female's body will react differently to dosages of hormones so remember that. Sometimes you will have to try two, three, four...maybe even more than that to find the right one. It took me 5 different pills to find the right one for my body. My periods pretty much stopped with blisovi since I skip the placebo, I have no side effects aside from some cramping and bloating around the time I should get my period but that's just mother nature. Keep an open mind and give this a shot."

Diana C (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I have PCOS and struggled prolonged and heavy periods my entire life. I've taken this in the past but never consistently. Miss one day here and there, sometimes take it in the morning and night which made my cycle go out of whack. About a year later I decided to get back on it with a stricter mindset. I took my pill at 8:30pm every night. This time around I noticed a difference! My period was a lot lighter with lesser days. I didn't gain weight or experience an acne problem. However, I noticed my mood has been unlike me and I didn't correlate to the pill until I started reading the reviews. The last 3 months Ihave been extremely emotional and anxious and cried without any reason. Now knowing its because of the pill, I can now pin point the problem and stop blaming myself. You got to weigh the good and bad. I would recommend this because again it did what I needed it do to the most- regulate my cycles."

Britney March 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I took this for about 10 months. Immediately I put on 10 pounds. I was able to lose some of that in time for a vacation, but as soon as that vacation was over I put on more and more weight. 30 pounds total. I just couldn't stop emotionally eating. I didn't associate it with the birth control because I got promoted to a more stressful position at work, and also went through a breakup. However months after trying and trying I just couldn't lose any weight. Maybe would lose 5 pounds, but just binge eat and put it right back on, plus some. I just stopped taking it about a month ago and immediately lost 6 pounds, presumably water weight. I feel the pounds slowly creeping off. The only thing the pill ever did for me was keep my skin clear, and keep me from getting pregnant. I started breaking out again, but I'd rather have a few spots and not be disgusted with myself and my body."

Amanda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2019

For Birth Control "This birth control gave me extreme depression and anxiety around and during my period. Non stop crying for days. I already have depression and anxiety but it made it worse. There was nothing else that could explain it. I started taking it and about month 3 I quit no way am I ever taking it again. The good experience I had was I didn’t gain any weight in fact my appetite decreased but I associate that with depression. May not be bad for everyone but for me it was the worst birth control pill I’ve been on"

Batwings (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Blisovi Fe 1/20 for a year! NO WEIGHT GAIN!!! Periods pretty much stopped too <3 The only downside would be my emotions being out of whack, but the benefits far out weight the cost for me."

KitKat March 14, 2019

For Birth Control "Blisovi Fe 1/20 is the worst!! It took me over 4 months to realize it’s my birth control. I did some research and realized this is the culprit of how bad I’ve been feeling. I got on this to help with my PCOS, but it gave me even worse symptoms. My boobs hurt bad, my ovaries hurt, I’m tired ALL THE TIME, gained weight, foggy brain, HEADACHES, my vision is blurry all the time, I have loss of appetite, my hair is falling out more, and I keep getting these huge patches of acne cysts! Also, I think I may be allergic. My skin has been so sensitive since I started it. I changed all of my detergents and soaps and nothing helped! I itch all day every day almost all over my arms, legs, ear lobes, scalp, everywhere!! My skin looks like hives all over, even when doing something as simple as changing clothes. It’s miserable. I am convinced this is the worst birth control ever!! Would not recommend!!"

Ally (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2019

For Birth Control "One of the worst!! My sex drive has been so low since taking these pills. On top of feeling depressed and massive anxiety. Worst side effects ever!! And I’ve been on 10 different kinds to spot my mid cycle periods... this one topped it!!!!!"

JB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2019

For Birth Control "So if I could give zero starts I would. I was so excited for starting first time birth control, And doctor prescribe me the lowest dose of hormonal birth control pill. I do not recommend anybody to try this pill. I was just four days on it and I had to stop I got diarrhea since the second day until today. And I’m not even taking it last 5 days. My hair starts falling off a lot, I have so strong headaches that I never had before. Do not take this pill!!!"

Dada (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on this pill from age 16-19. I just stopped taking the pill 3 weeks ago. I suddenly developed extreme anxiety diagnosed just 4 months after beginning this pill. Periods were only about 3 days but my period after quitting was about the same flow light-medium just a couple days longer. This pill only helped me by preventing pregnancy, and it helped my face stay clear. But ever since quitting I feel like myself again! I much prefer a clear mind to a clear face."

Faith February 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I was taking both Junel Fe and Microgestin Fe, depending on which pharmacy I was closest to, for over a year. I never had any problems with them. In fact, they made my skin clear and made my periods extremely light and less painful. When my insurance changed my pharmacy, I was given Blisovi Fe. Off the bat, I noticed changes I didn’t like. I was feeling anxious all the time for no apparent reason. My skin was breaking out. I began feeling really depressed and getting bad headaches. I also have nightmares almost every night now, which may or may not be caused by Blisovi. My placebo week period was heavy and painful. There have been no substantial changes in my lifestyle or product choices that would explain these changes. They all began when I started Blisovi. It’s the only explanation that makes sense, since I take no other meds and as stated, have not undergone any lifestyle changes. I gave Blisovi a 2 month trial and it didn’t work out. At least I didn’t get pregnant on it."

Ej10 February 12, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill is THE WORST. My insurance switched me to this generic version and by only a week in, I was miserable. Breast tenderness, extreme anxiety / moodiness, nausea, achy, fatigue. DO NOT TAKE IT!!"

abbac (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

For Birth Control "HORRIBLE! Within a couple of days of taking this medication I started feeling irritable, anxious, nervous, sad, just extremely overwhelmed with emotions. I had horrible headaches, pelvic pain and chest pain you name it! I had a low sex drive which was very unusual but also made me have bad vaginal dryness. I stopped taking it halfway into my second week and right away I felt like myself again. This pill was really mucking me up in every way possible. My poor boyfriend must have hated me during this time, I nearly drove him crazy too lol."

Lichiz_90 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2019

For Birth Control "I stopped taking birth control for 8 years and was prescribed this medicine for heavy periods. Within a few days of taking this medicine I noticed really bad headaches and acne which I normally don't have. This medicine made me feel funny in the head. Not worth it. I'd rather suffer with heavy periods."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Birth Control "The pharmacy switched me to this pill because they didn’t have the other one at the time. The first month was fine but then I started to have all sorts of side effects which at first I didn’t associate with the pill: loss of sex drive, vaginal dryness, loss of hair, no periods at all, hot flashes, sleep issues. At first I thought I was going to menopause at 37 years old!!! But I decided to stop. It has been a month and the symptoms have all gone away. I was also having joint pain which I didn’t think were related to this and it has gone away too. If a pill can have all these side effects it is definitely not worth the benefits. I would highly recommend to use something else."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2019

For Birth Control "My Obgyn put me on Blisovi to regulate my hormones and periods. But I don’t think this medicine is working! I have been spotting (like a period) since taking the first pill. It’s so annoying and so embarrassing."

Jlyne (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2018

For Birth Control "Blisovi birth control pill is AMAZING! My periods are very light and last as expected up to 5 days. I do not gain a lot of weight (if any), no crazy side effects. Just simply amazing. I am so happy my doctor put me on these pills."

jrp (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this medicine for extreme cramping and heavy periods. I can say that this particular BC has been helpful in making my pain less severe and lightening my periods ! On the other hand I absolutely HATE the side effects. It makes me so moody and depressed and just not myself. I end up getting headaches once a week and all I want to do is sleep. It seems like my appetite fluctuates a lot more now than it used too. It seems like my PMS has gotten way worse on this medication. I’ve been on it for about 10 months so it’s not just settling into the hormones."

blue772 December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for around two years now and it’s been amazing. I was on a different one prior and it made me so sick and depressed, but none of that now! My periods are only three days and very light with minimal cramping. I originally went on birth control for my cramps and this was seriously such a blessing."

Mads (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2018

"My obgyn Dr prescribed Blisovi Fe to regulate my hormones...he stated they were irregular due to being estrogen dominant. At first it made me feel a spacey unbalanced feeling. Then after a couple of weeks starting experiencing severe anxiety and neck pain. I immediately stopped it..neck pain went away. Tried another time, neck pain came back and spike in bp. Just to make sure I tried it again 3rd time later to rule out cause and starting having severe neck pain with tremors, dizziness, high blood pressure..which ended me going to the ER. Informed my obgyn Doctor immediately and he said that medication does not have those side effects. I never experienced anything like this ever! He would not prescribe anything else. I have since decided to see another obgyn dr elsewhere. I still get intermittent dizziness and a unbalanced feeling. Not sure if related"

AZ38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Junel Fe and my insurance changed and I’m on blisovi Fe and it’s the same pill but generic. I love it! I used to have really bad cramps were I would have to go home from school or work and take a hot bath for hours. If I didn’t take an Advil as soon as I got my period I was in for a horrible day. When I started this birth control I get light cramps that are tolerable and I don’t need to take Advil it have a heating pad. I only have my period for 2 or 3 days and then it’s done."

lee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I tried taking this pill for a few weeks and I didn’t really notice any side effects right away. As soon as I got my period I noticed I was having extreme mood swings which was not normal for me at all. I felt extreme depression from this pill and as soon as I stopped taking it I Started to feel normal Again."

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for exactly a month now and I say it’s great! I have very little side effects the one I notice the most is spotting. I took the pill the first day of my period and ever since then I’ve been spotting but that is normal and should go away in a couple months. I have been more hungry I’d say but haven’t noticed any weight gain which it good. My acne hasn’t been as bad as it was before but I still get some here and there which doesn’t really bother me. And that’s about it for the side effects. Also I got my period when it says I was supposed too. I would definitely recommend."

Ashley November 12, 2018

More about Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Microgestin Fe 1/20, ... +42 more

Professional resources