User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control 6 reviews 292 medications

2.5
Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 6 reviews 2.5

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I was on BC for years and loved the convenience of it. I took a break for a few years but my cycle became irregular. Hoping the pill would help regulate my cycle, I went on Blisovi. I was traveling a lot and assumed my extreme fatigue was due to my busy travel schedule. But no, it is definitely the pill. I'm constantly tired, have a persistent headache, feel like rundown like I'm about to develop a cold, sinus pressure, irritable mood, achy body. The only pros are clearer skin. I eat less, but haven't lost any weight. It's the worst pill I've ever been on."

Risa N. December 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on Gildess 4 months ago for birth control and I loved it. My period always came on time. It was always light and short. Then CVS switched me to Blisovi about a month and a half ago. I missed a period. I've been extremely emotional. And the worst part is, my body feels like it's falling apart. One day my hands hurt and I can't move them. The next couple days, my knee feels broken. Then when that pain goes away, my shoulder feels out of place. It's just never ending pain! I mean it works as a contraceptive obviously. But this pain has been unbearable. I wouldn't recommend this pill..."

Nathi Santi November 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I had been on Microgestin previously with absolutely no problems. I loved it, but all of a sudden it wasn't free anymore and that's when my insurance told me I would have to keep paying for it or switch to a new generic -- Blisovi. I switched thinking they were one in the same. WRONG. First off, I got very itchy. It made my skin very sensitive and I started breaking out in a rash towards the end of the first week. I also noticed it was heightening my anxiety, it made me very erratic and aggressive. It also made my vision blurry. After ruling out other things, I stopped taking it on a hunch and immediately everything went back to normal. I don't care if I have to pay, I'm going back to Microgestin. Blisovi is HORRIBLE."

SarahS17 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I have just come to this realization today and I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner.... After switching from a discontinued pill to Gildess my pharmacy has rotated generics from Gildess to Junel to Blisovi Fe 1/20, and so forth. Mainly those three. Over the past two years I have also struggled with anxiety. I have just realized that my crippling panic attacks and 95% of my anxiety issues occur when I am taking Blisovi fe 1/20. I CANNOT WAIT TO TALK TO MY DOCTOR AND GET AWAY FROM THESE PILLS."

I'm not pregnant, but... (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Effective? Maybe. But IT IS EVERYTHING Hester V. said and more!!! DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL! I also had my prescription thru CVS and they switched it on their own--not the doctor--due to insurance, price, etc.....DON'T DO IT---It's not worth it! Constant headaches, weight gain, blurred or double vision, major mood swings--every single side effect is true."

AHarris1983 November 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Pharmacy started giving me this drug arbitrarily when they switched to CVS. First month didn't like it- was itchy for no reason, frequent headaches that wouldn't go away. Pharmacy tech told me "it can take up to 3 months to get used to it" and no offer to switch. Over 4 months I gained 15 pounds, had a headache almost every other day, extreme bloating and distention, fatigue, dizziness, indigestion, hazy vision and problems with my contacts. I have been on many kinds of bc pills over the years and this is by far the worst ever. It did what it was supposed to and kept me from getting pregnant or I would have given a lower score. I couldn't take it any more- there was no "getting used to" it. I switched. Do NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Hester V. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

More about Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Professional resources