User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Blisovi Fe 1/20.

Birth Control
3.6

Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 3.6 78 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I haven't taken birth control for over 5 years, but my OBGYN recommended for some medical issues. I have gained a significant amount of weight and SOOO irritable. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but it just dawned on me it could be my BC since I've taken for a few months now. I would not recommend and would talk to your doc for other suggestions."

Amynae November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control is terrible!!! It was a little weird when I first got on it considering I bless so much and when it came around to my brown pills I wouldn’t. But after about three months I stopped bleeding completely. Spotting maybe once a month and very very light, not enough to even use a tampon. Crazy mood swings, messed with my appetite, and my body just didn’t feel right. Taking this birth control has helped me with the one things it’s suppose to and that’s not getting pregnant. Everything else it has done has been crazy... don’t recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I just wanted to share my experience with this BC. I had never taken any kind of BC before and wanted to try birth control badly to lighten my periods (they are really heavy and irregular - always late, different durations etc) because of my constant feelings of stress/anxiety. I also wanted something to help with the hormonal acne and breakouts I get around this time. (yay..) So the Gynecologist prescribed this to me and got me all excited saying it will shorten my period and in 6 months of taking it it will make my period go away and she also said my skin would clear up too. Well, I took it for 3.5 weeks hoping for things to get better but instead, I had TWO weeks of everyday extreme cramps (horrible and hurt really bad) and spotting"

AnonymousBabe November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have had just a horrible experience with this birth control. I’m 18 and I had started to become sexually active so I thought I would give it a go. Honestly I have been very hormonal and gaining weight in my stomach :-( just terrible"

Camaryn November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Taking this as prescribed from my dr to help with PCOS. Instructions state to start on day 1 of period or Sunday start. Because my period started after Sunday, I opted for day 1 start. Well I’m into the reminder pills and still bleeding. Not spotting - bleeding, full on, need a tampon bleeding. And I’m now starting to really feel the effects of the mood swings and almost depressive state. Anybody else have the constant bleeding?"

TAB2785 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this product and recommend to everyone. I know everyone's body is different, so it is not for everyone, but it is not the medicines fault. I have NO negative symptoms since I started this. I used to have heavy periods, terrible cramps and headaches, and my periods were super long. I now have super consistent 3-4 LIGHT periods, no cramps or headaches. I have been on this pill for over a year now and have no desire to switch."

KLatte (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have experienced no side effects. Sex drive is fine, I have experienced any mood changes or anything like that. Every one is different when it comes to medications. Guess I’m one of the lucky ones!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My pharmacy gave me this one because they were out of stock of my usual birth control. Let me tell you it gave me the worst side effects! Side effects I have never experienced before on birth control. I had weight gain, acne, was very moody/depressed, I hated to be touched in anyway, and I also had a decrease in sex drive. It made me feel like I was turning into a different person. I recently talked to my gyno about it and she told me to stop taking it and to continue my old prescription of birth control. Something does not seem right about this birth control. I would give it 0 stars if I could."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm surprised by all the negative reviews for this birth control! I know everyone reacts differently to different types of birth control, but so far my experience has been good! No increases in cramps, PMS, acne. I have had anxiety lately, but it was probably due to outside factors (19 unit course load and boy problems). I've never taken any type of birth control before and I was really worried about how my body would react but so far everything has been fine! I've had spotting but I hear that's expected the first three months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "At first it made my sex drive non-existent... but after a while of taking it I feel back to normal, if not better! Honestly, it has made me happier and more energized. The pharmacy tried to change me to another one today... no way. My sister also takes this one and loves it too. I recommend it to my friends looking to start a lower dose pill. Most reviews are negative, but remember ladies, everybody is different, reactions are different. If it doesn't work for you, change it to one that will."

EllieElle October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Worst birth control ever. My pharmacy randomly switched me to this 6 months ago after I had been on Microgestin for 2 1/2 years. Since being on Blisovi, I have gained 10 lbs, fainted twice, have horrible headaches and dizzy spells, nauseous constantly, no appetite, very sad, and get angry very easily. I also have barely any sex drive whatsoever. I barely have energy to want to do anything. I could sleep all day if I let myself. I've never felt so horrible in my entire life. After getting sick of gaining weight and fainting, I am finally stopping the pill. It is not worth it. BC is literal poison to the body. This brand just happens to be the worst one."

Emily Berger October 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking this birth control for about 4 months now, but I already want to switch. My main reason for taking birth control was to help regulate my period and lessen the extreme PMS symptoms I get (acne, super painful cramps, mood swings, etc.) although my period is now regulated, I still experience all the PMS symptoms I had before, and they feel worse. I have mood swings where I'm left crying in my bed for hours and acne that covers my forehead and cheeks every time I'm nearing my period. Although I can't speak on wether or not this works as birth control, I don't think this pill is worth it at all."

Avaaa September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took another type of microgestion Fe which worked great but when I switched to Blisovi Fe, I started to get horrible hives. I didn't think it could be the birthvcontrol since I had been taken it over a year, but the dermatologist said my hives looked like a drug reaction so I went off Blisovi and my hives went away. Blisovi has an inactive ingredient that can cause allergic reactions."

krgg September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Have been on blisovi Fe 1/20 pill for 2-3 years. I had ups and downs on it, but mostly downs. Had very bad anxiety, mood swings, and low sex drive/libido. Now most recently, have been experiencing bad dryness making sex more unpleasurable. Worked at preventing pregnancy though."

Strudel0927 September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this drug in January of 2016 and for the first two months everything was fine. After the first two months of having no side effects, things got bad. I got extremely painful cystic acne around my mouth, painful menstrual cramps, headaches, and I went from weighing 150 pounds to now 180 pounds. At the beginning I barely had a period but at the end it was back to being the long and dreadful periods I once had. This birth control obviously did what it was supposed to by preventing me from getting pregnant, but the side effects were not worth it. My doctor has no changed me to Yaz so I am hoping this is a better experience."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this medication for a little over a year. The first month I was extremely nauseous and had terrible cramps but they went away. It cleared my acne for a couple months but about 6 months into I had cystic acne all around my mouth and forehead. I also found myself crying for no reason and was extremely moody...especially before and after my period. I would not recommend taking this. The only positive out of it was that it cleared my acne for a short period of time."

do not take this (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control is terrible. I've never had acne before in my life, and now after taking this for almost 2 months I have acne on my entire face, and also on my back. I have also gained 6 pounds, and this pill effects me emotionally very much. Since taking this pill I now have bad social anxiety, and constantly find myself tearing up for no reason at all. I am genuinely a happy person, and this birth control constantly has me feeling anxious or sad. Only positive of this is it has prevented pregnancy like it's main purpose. I am now switching to a new brand."

Christinag8 September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been using this medication regularly for almost two years and have never had a desire to switch to anything else. It hasn't caused cramps, weight gain, spotting, nausea, mood swings, or acne for ME personally. I'm naturally prone to mood swings and hormonal acne and I feel like it actually regulates both issues, although they're not gone altogether. I do, however, get headaches when I go OFF this pill; there have been a few instances when I couldn't get my refill on time for either insurance or Rx issues, and after a few days off of this, I start to lose my appetite, become very fatigued, prone to headaches and even migraines. That is my only concern."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for a little over a year now and have consistently had problems with it and never fully connected the dots until I did more research on the drug. As far as preventing pregnancy, it works great, but aside from that, it wasn't. I didn't gain weight like some people, but it's effected my personality pretty severely. I get so emotional about everything. I cry really easily and I hate being alone. I'm so clingy to my fiance, so much that whenever I have to go home (we live separately) I cry and cry when I'm at home without him. I get angry fast and I'm constantly irritated. I also get spotting a lot. If I take the pill even a few hours late, I get my period the next day, for like 3 days, even if I continued taking the pills."

Don't take this pill! (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I stop taking this BC on the 3rd week. 2nd day on this BC, I started feeling uncomfortable down there. Went back and forth to the Dr during that three week period. The Dr. said everything was perfectly fine and that I should continue taking the BC. I continued to complained about the symptoms I was having. Lack of sleep, itching, crying for no reason. It was horrible. Dr. Kept suggesting to keep taking this birth control. I was told I wouldn't experience symptoms until 3 months into a pack. That was Definitely a lie. Since all test had check out that I was perfectly fine, I decided to stop taking the BC even though my Dr wanted me to continue. I been off the pill for 3 days and I'm feeling much better. I don't recommend this at all!!!!"

Don't Do It Sis! (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Stops you from getting pregnant but I have gained so much weight it's crazy, my periods are basically gone and I'm about to stop taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Before I started this medication, my periods were extremely painful and I had severe mood swings. On a pain scale from 1-10, I would say I was at a 10; when I had cramps I would have to leave school for at least a day or two, and was bedridden and had no appetite. Once I started taking these pills, my periods became just a tad bit lighter, yet the pain barely stopped. From a ten it went to an 8, which left me disappointed. The only upside I saw from this pill was I actually lost weight, yet everything else that came with my PMS remained the same (tender areas on the body, swollen lymph nodes, bloatedness, nausea, etc.). I was on this medication for a year and my periods became even more irregular..."

kazoo5790 August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was another unfortunate user who was switched to this brand when my pharmacy could no longer get my previous birth control. The pharmacy says it is the same as the other brand I was taking, but within 6 weeks of taking this birth control I gained about 18 pounds. I haven't changed exercise, diet, or general lifestyle stress which leads me to believe it was from this. Didn't get me pregnant though!"

Lady4590 August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 6-7 months now and it does what it's supposed to do. The first month met me with with severe, painful cramping for 48 hours straight with no relief, and I definitely had breakthrough bleeding in the first 2 months or so. After that, things have generally been smooth sailing, my period has been getting lighter and shorter in duration every cycle since then. No significant changes in mood or (facial) acne... though this cycle I have started getting acne on my back and butt which I never have experienced before. Sex drive has decreased, and haven't been able to get "wet" since the first month or so. But I still have been having plenty of sex regardless and am not pregnant, so it's doing it's job."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The moment I started taking this pill, my experience was awful. I have now been on it for almost 4 months and would have extreme headaches, cramps, and very heavy and long periods. Now, I'm getting spells of terrible anxiety and depression, upper abdominal pain, nausea, and can barely keep my contacts on my eyes. I've never had these problems before and am now trying to detox this god awful pill from my body. I never had this issue with other pills, but this is personally the worst."

Nichole R August 18, 2017