User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control 12 reviews 295 medications

2.4
Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 12 reviews 2.4

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "This is the absolute worst. I was on Gildess fe 1/20 before it was recalled and I loved it. The only issue I had with that one was that I had loss of appetite. Blisovi Fe 1/20, on the other hand, is absolutely terrible. I have had the worst emotional outbursts, super angry all the time, bouts of depression (where I don't even get out of bed) and even now, after 10 months of it, my periods are so messed up, it's insane. The average duration is 10 days, incredibly heavy and incredibly painful. I've always had a regular 5 day periods with light cramping and moderate flow and now it's all over the place. I usually have 2 a month which is irritating and I can't wait to switch it. DON'T GET IT. IT'S TERRIBLE."

ememie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on this BC for 4 weeks, obviously with new hormones in your body things are going to change and you may break out or gain weight. The first week I was on this BC I had a very bad break out, I was very moody, and I had a hard time waking up. Now that I'm on my second dosage, my acne has cleared and I am waking up on time. I'm still somewhat moody but overall the pill has been working and I don't regret taking it. As far as weight gain, I have gained a couple pounds but I have been working out a lot more recently."

Anonymous February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Since being on this pill, I've had my period nonstop, skin breakouts, and mind-numbing headaches whenever close to orgasm. Thanks for nothing. I wouldn't even trust this to keep me from getting pregnant for another month and am switching immediately. Hey: STOP selling this!"

Don't do it February 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on gildess for a while without any complications and was switched to blisovi a couple months ago. In the past 2 months I have gained 10+lbs, gone up a cup size, my pants don't fit, blurred vision, headaches, lethargic hungover feeling, and depression. I eat healthy and workout 5-6 times a week and have never experienced anything like this. Stay away from this pill!"

AshleyV12 January 4, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was previously on gildess fe 1/20, I was told it was no longer available so the pharmacy switched me to Blisovi fe 1/20. I've been on it for about three months and I have gained about 20 pounds. I'm almost always moody, and bloated. Before taking this medication I weighed about 136, I now weigh 160lbs. My doctor tried to tell me that there's no possible way its because of the birth control, but I know for a fact that it is."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Like many others here, I was prescribed Gildess by my doctor, and used it for over a year without a single side effect. This past month, I went to pick up a refill and was informed that it had been discontinued and was given Blisovi as a substitute. I have had an absolutely HORRIBLE experience. In the past month, I have gained 5 pounds (which is a lot on on my 5'1 frame), experienced EXTREME changes in mood (unpredictable anger/depression), and this past week I've started to experience frequent panic attacks. My vision has deteriorated noticeably, and I have felt periodically dizzy. DO NOT take this!"

AngelaMK December 13, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was on BC for years and loved the convenience of it. I took a break for a few years but my cycle became irregular. Hoping the pill would help regulate my cycle, I went on Blisovi. I was traveling a lot and assumed my extreme fatigue was due to my busy travel schedule. But no, it is definitely the pill. I'm constantly tired, have a persistent headache, feel like rundown like I'm about to develop a cold, sinus pressure, irritable mood, achy body. The only pros are clearer skin. I eat less, but haven't lost any weight. It's the worst pill I've ever been on."

Risa N. December 5, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was put on Gildess 4 months ago for birth control and I loved it. My period always came on time. It was always light and short. Then CVS switched me to Blisovi about a month and a half ago. I missed a period. I've been extremely emotional. And the worst part is, my body feels like it's falling apart. One day my hands hurt and I can't move them. The next couple days, my knee feels broken. Then when that pain goes away, my shoulder feels out of place. It's just never ending pain! I mean it works as a contraceptive obviously. But this pain has been unbearable. I wouldn't recommend this pill..."

Nathi Santi November 28, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I had been on Microgestin previously with absolutely no problems. I loved it, but all of a sudden it wasn't free anymore and that's when my insurance told me I would have to keep paying for it or switch to a new generic -- Blisovi. I switched thinking they were one in the same. WRONG. First off, I got very itchy. It made my skin very sensitive and I started breaking out in a rash towards the end of the first week. I also noticed it was heightening my anxiety, it made me very erratic and aggressive. It also made my vision blurry. After ruling out other things, I stopped taking it on a hunch and immediately everything went back to normal. I don't care if I have to pay, I'm going back to Microgestin. Blisovi is HORRIBLE."

SarahS17 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have just come to this realization today and I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner.... After switching from a discontinued pill to Gildess my pharmacy has rotated generics from Gildess to Junel to Blisovi Fe 1/20, and so forth. Mainly those three. Over the past two years I have also struggled with anxiety. I have just realized that my crippling panic attacks and 95% of my anxiety issues occur when I am taking Blisovi fe 1/20. I CANNOT WAIT TO TALK TO MY DOCTOR AND GET AWAY FROM THESE PILLS."

I'm not pregnant, but... (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Effective? Maybe. But IT IS EVERYTHING Hester V. said and more!!! DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL! I also had my prescription thru CVS and they switched it on their own--not the doctor--due to insurance, price, etc.....DON'T DO IT---It's not worth it! Constant headaches, weight gain, blurred or double vision, major mood swings--every single side effect is true."

AHarris1983 November 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Pharmacy started giving me this drug arbitrarily when they switched to CVS. First month didn't like it- was itchy for no reason, frequent headaches that wouldn't go away. Pharmacy tech told me "it can take up to 3 months to get used to it" and no offer to switch. Over 4 months I gained 15 pounds, had a headache almost every other day, extreme bloating and distention, fatigue, dizziness, indigestion, hazy vision and problems with my contacts. I have been on many kinds of bc pills over the years and this is by far the worst ever. It did what it was supposed to and kept me from getting pregnant or I would have given a lower score. I couldn't take it any more- there was no "getting used to" it. I switched. Do NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Hester V. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

More about Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Loestrin 24 Fe, More... (39)

Professional resources