User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

Birth Control
4.2

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

knnew · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2021

For Birth Control: “This was my first form of birth control. I started it 3 months before I got married in preparation to not get pregnant. I gained weight from this drug but I also was a newlywed and covid had just hit so I’m not sure how much I can attribute the weight gain to the pill. The first month I could barely sleep but this eventually subsided on month 2. The only other issue I had was I started to have breakthrough bleeding every month around month 3 until I finally switched to something else. I switched to the patch now to hopefully have less issues with breakthrough bleeding and less weight gain (also not have to remember to take a pill every day)”

Bellamia2015 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2021

For Birth Control: “So I am 23 this is my second birth control I took Lo Loestrin 1/10 for 3 months but my insurance doesn’t cover it anymore so I’m on this now! What I can say is this period I had no cramps! I’m on my first pack of Blisovi and my skin is great too I was afraid I would have terrible side effects but I never did with this one nor the other I took before this one either!! I have noticed though that I am very sad lately.. I never feel truly happy 100%. Maybe it’s because I just moved out of state as well recently without family. I’m not sure BUT I can say I am very emotional now. I hope it’s just a phase but if not I will have to get off of it. I have always been anxious and have some slight anxiety here and there. I don’t think that has gotten worse.”

breakaz · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2021

For Birth Control: “I originally was on Ortho tri cyclen. But kept getting ovarian cysts so my doctor switched me to Blisovi and the first 2 months were fine. Then last month I only spotted for a day, than about a week and a half ago I was extremely sick, stomach cramps, almost fainting, couldn’t eat without getting sick, dizzy, lightheaded, extreme anxiety and depression even being on a higher dose of mental medication. I don’t even feel like myself and feel I’m falling out of love with the things I enjoy most. Now my period for this month is non existent. Was at the ER for the pain Friday and all tests came back perfectly fine including pregnancy test. Now the past two days my breasts are super sore. Will be getting off this immediately. I don’t recommend this because if you like being mentally healthy and getting regular periods. I thought it was just me and possibly pregnancy but I’ve only had sex on this birth control once and he didn’t even finish in me so I will be going back to my old script.”

Lainy · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2021

For Birth Control: “Only been taking Blisovi fe 1/20 for a week now, but I was really skeptical after reading all the negative reviews. It seems to have improved my mood and my sex drive, and I know that is the opposite of what a lot of other people experienced so I thought I should share. The only negative so far is that I was a little nauseous the first few days of starting the pills. So far so good! Will update if I do have any negative effects down the line ...”

Mel · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 29, 2021

For Birth Control: “So I’ve been on it for about a month and I’ve been feeling pretty much no different. I have anxiety and depression normally and I didn’t notice the medication make it worse or anything, I actually feel a lot happier which is weird and totally not what I expected. My skin is clearing up too which is a major plus. I use it for really bad period cramps and I have noticed some spotting before my period starts but no excruciating pain like I had before. I would literally not be able to move or walk and now I can actually walk to the kitchen and cook myself a meal. My only negative would be I noticed it made my breasts bigger which I wasn’t really looking for but if that’s what you want go crazy I guess lol.”

Please don’t take this · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 2, 2021

For Birth Control: “I started this birth control 4 years ago and my side effects got worse and worse every year I was on it. I’ve never suffered from anxiety and it made me literally so miserable. Stressed every day to the point where I’d start to shake and get nervous over nothing. I never knew what was causing this. My cramps were also so bad. Pelvic pain and mood swings. I’d cry for an entire day and then be fine the next. Muscle aches as well due to my anxiety getting so bad. I also would become incredibly nauseous a few days before my cycle, sometimes I would even throw up. There was nights where I would constantly just sit in my bathroom from a panic attack. I also got aggravated incredibly easy. I got off of this pill. Please do not take this. Believe every side effect. It got worse and worse everyday I took it and I never thought it could be my pill making me this miserable. The only thing it did for me was prevent me from getting pregnant.”

Brie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on Blisovi Fe for a little over 4 months. The first 2 months on this pill I felt zero side effects except for light brown spotting around the week I would normally have my period and during the placebo week. Then beginning the next 2 months the side effects began to reveal themselves. I experienced a significantly decreased libido, no interest in my partner or sex, painful sex (during and sometimes after), mysterious pelvic pain, random nausea, mental fog, subdued emotions, an overall feeling of sadness that couldn’t be explained, and unbearable migraines on the second day of the placebo weeks which left me immobile for the entire day. The only benefits were that it cleared up my acne and protected me against pregnancy. This pill was not for me and I will be switching. For reference, I’m in my early 20’s and weigh 132lbs.”

Pauli54321 December 18, 2020

For Birth Control: “Everyone's body is different but for me Blisovi side effect was getting too much for me to handle. I think I should start with the pros because not everything was bad. PRO: I liked how it kept me on schedule. Period change from 6 days to 4 and lighter flow. And of course kept me from getting pregnant. Cons: I couldn't keep control of my weight and gained 20 pounds really fast no matter the exercise or healthy foods I was eating. I have a family history of diabetes so I try to make sure my weight is manageable. At first I correlated to Covid and being stuck indoors so I ended up doing more cardio outside almost everyday but for the life of me couldn't change my weight. Went from 130 to 150 pounds and I'm 23 with a history of consistent weight before I took the pill. If I took a break for a couple of days I'd gain all the weight back plus more. Lastly, my sex drive was nonexistent. I've been on the Blisovi Fe 1/20 for 8 months now and decided another birth control method is best for me.”

Bri April 14, 2021

For Birth Control: “At first it wasn’t too bad but by the second month I could immediately notice the side effects. I suffered a lot with anxiety and depression when I was going through puberty and had long since outgrown it but by the second month in this pill I literally felt like I was back in middle school. I’m a nervous wreck and sad at the same time all the time and it only gets worse the closer I get to my periods. What doesn’t help is that my periods are still fairly painful and last me almost the entire placebo week. I decided today that I’m not taking this pill anymore and am scheduling an appointment with my doctor to talk about starting a new one. Unless you are using it strictly as birth control I wouldn’t recommend this pill, even women with the strongest mental health seem to struggle emotionally while on this pill and it just isn’t worth it in my opinion.”

:) · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2021

For Birth Control: “I'm currently on my second month of Blisovi 1/20. I was honestly very worried to start this birth control because of how many people were saying it had a drastic change in their mood. However, so far I haven't experienced many side effects. Sometimes I'll wake up nauseous here and there, and sometimes it'll feel like I'm having PMS symptoms. I've had severe anxiety since I was 2 years old and I'm currently on 3 other medications for that. So far I've had no increase in anxiety or depression. I've also had very excruciating periods before taking Blisovi, to where I couldn't stand up straight or walk very much for the first day or 2. I was spotting for about a week after a few weeks of taking the pill, but ever since then I haven't actually gotten my period and have only had PMS symptoms which is like a cake walk compared to what I was dealing with before. I hope this helps!! (For reference, early 20's 130lbs)”

Claire · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2021

For Birth Control: “So I understand that everyone has different experiences with birth control but I had some pros and cons. First off I started my Blisovi Fe 1/20 pill in October so this would make it my 3rd month on it and so they say it takes 3 months for birth control to start working. Here are my Pros : it kept my period on track. I knew when I was going to get it. Before I started I would have heavy and long periods with blisovi it kept it light and short. As well as my cramps they weren’t super painful as before. Cons: I’ve had anxiety for about 2 years and this pill has really took a toll on my mental health. I’ve had crazy panic attacks. My anxiety was super high. I felt like I was going into this stage where I wasn’t able to control my emotions at some point. I felt super depressed because of the way I was feeling I wouldn’t get out of bed and was sad because this wasn’t who I was. I think if you have any emotional issues this won’t be the pill for you.”

Bri · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started taking Bilsovi after my pharmacy switched me from taytulla. I was only on it for a month and a half. Aside from the fact my skin was completely clear, the side effects were horrible for me. I gained some weight and my mood swings were horrible. I've never in my life experienced severe anxiety until taking this pill. I genuinely thought I was going crazy. I never struggled with panic attacks until this pill. Every morning I woke up anxious. I also experienced really bad cramping and pelvic pain. And mild breast tenderness. I ended up convincing myself I was pregnant. I’ve been off of it for a week now and I feel like my normal self. I’d be cautious on this one.”

Heyy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I’ve been using this for about 4 months and it’s been really good for me and has helped me with my acne I haven’t gained any weight my periods are better I definitely would recommend this one but it may not be the best for you but for me it’s perfect I haven’t gotten pregnant while being on it and I do the pull out method”

Mfennel · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 17, 2021

For Birth Control: “Ok, so I’ve been on blisovi fe for about a year and some change now. Never experienced so much anxiety in my life. Every day I would wake up anxious, stomach issues, etc. I finally came to the realization I’m not the only one who has felt this. I stopped a few days ago and I’m feeling mentally better. I didn’t experience any weight gain, nausea, acne or anything other anxiety. This bc may not be right for everyone. I would have stayed on if it wasn’t for the increase anxiety.”

Olivia G · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on this birth control for about 2 months. The side effects were AWFUL, I've used other birth control but none like this. I developed cystic acne and became an anxious and depressed mess. I cried almost every day and so easily. PLEASE do not take this birth control!”

mkat · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2020

For Birth Control: “I am taking birth control for PMDD, and I had just switched to Blisovi since my pharmacy did not have any other brands available at that moment. I was already dealing with anxiety and depression, but Blisovi made it so much worse. I started having suicidal thoughts all the time and more panic attacks and I was only on Blisovi for 2 weeks. I will never use this again.”

Cheeky · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2019

“Ladies, this pill Blisovi Fe 1/20 has been the biggest most positive life changer I've been so fortunate to have - I took it for adenomyosis. I've spent many years trying different hormone and non hormone birth control options and had absolutely sworn off any and all hormones since I had tried pretty much everything on the market. Over the last couple of years I've developed extremely painful periods that have kept me from functioning at all. I became open to whatever my ob/gyn wanted to try so we tried Blisovi Fe four months ago and not only have I been able to bypass my period completely, I have zero side effects :) Nothing at all!! No spotting, weight gain headaches tenderness - nada. I'm so grateful for this you have no idea!!”

Anon September 9, 2019

For Birth Control: “I just started this pill and it is my first time starting birth control. I've just started my first pack and have had no negative experiences with it so far. My doctor told me it will take 3 months for my body to get used to the medication and taking the pill at the same time everyday has been slightly challenging for me, but I've shifted my time to be a little later and it seems to be working better for me. During my first month, I was spotting for the first week, had bright red more period like bleeding the next few days, but then I stopped spotting completely by week 3. After this, when I started taking the placebos, I started to spot again, although very little. I have been used to having very heavy periods with intense cramps for the first day, but those have seemed to subside after taking this pill. My skin is clearer with no darkening spots and my mood during my time of the month seems to be much more pleasant.”

Av · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2021

For Birth Control: “Really don't trust this pill although it treated my pain. This medication induces anxiety and the side effects worsen with time. Around 3 months in, I started having panic attacks. From the beginning, nausea and vomiting were problems. Eventually, projectile vomiting turned into a daily occurrence. If you're taking other meds this can affect their effectiveness. Can't wait to get off this med.”

lauren · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this pill for about 1-2 years. During the first week, I was horribly nauseous and I broke out all over cheeks. HOWEVER, it got a lot better for me at least and I rarely get acne (although I didn’t take it for that and I didn’t have severe acne before starting it). I take anti-anxiety pills as well so if I do get sad, I don’t assume it’s due to my pill. It regulates my period and has helped with my cramps. I hope my review helps :)”

CherryDream · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “Okay so.. despite all of the negative reviews I wanted to be yet another positive review for those who are unsure whether to try this birth control or not. Here’s the thing, and you’ll hear this over and over... everyone’s bodies are different. So don’t just go by someone else’s experience! I followed this motto and for that reason I’ve actually tried this birth control and I couldn’t be happier! I mean I am pretty much on day 7 now and I haven’t felt any of the symptoms people say. Before I started this bc I was on Yasmin and then Reclipsen. Which I didn’t realize had higher doses of estrogen in them which is probably why my body didn’t like it as much. Unfortunately these gave me leg cramps and sensations in my hands :( however they might work for others! Anyways, still early days on Blisovi and I’ve been symptom free. I’ll keep y’all updated on this journey which I’m sure will be a blast x”

Ellen · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 10, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Blisovi FE 1/20 birth control since late 2017 and it has been a wonderful experience for me. My acne has drastically reduced, I no longer have cramps, and my periods are extremely light. I luckily haven't experienced any of the symptoms that others have shared on this website, no anxiety, depression or any bad changes. Every single body is different therefore I recommend you try it and see how it works for your body.”

Kay kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

For Birth Control: “This birth control is absolutely lovely. I take the 1/20 dose because I know higher doses can make people feel off. Anyway, the first month I took it I broke out in pimples, my breasts got tender but it all cleared with in 2 weeks. My periods started becoming irregular due to a hormonal imbalance. (No I do not have PCOS). But it regulated my period for the first month of use. Now I am on month 2 and I am still fine. Also, this pill has not made me gain weight. Coming from a woman taking this who currently has extra weight on her. I take control in what I am eating so that I don't gain weight. I haven't gained any weight, I've actually lost a few pounds. But that's because I am fairly active and I have a healthy diet. I do treat myself ”

Anonymous April 9, 2019

For Birth Control: “This is the first birth control I have ever been on and I was skeptical after reading all the bad reviews before ever even trying it. I let the first pick sit unopened on my nightstand for almost 2 months before finally working up the nerve to take the first pull. Everyone’s body reacts differently to different hormones. So far I’ve been on Blisolvi Fe 1/20 for 3 months and haven’t had any major side effects. The only cons I can think of is that I spot a lot and I have noticed an increase of appetite, especially cravings for unhealthy foods so that’s weird. Even if your birth control is making you hungry, you ultimately control what you put in your body (even if it feel like you don't!). If you eat healthy and stay active you should have no problems. I had bad hormonal acne and now it’s pretty much all gone. It’s also helped with my period cramping. Don’t let the negative reviews scare you away because you may be pleasantly surprised. If you don’t like it, just try something different :)”

Feed me donuts June 9, 2019

For Birth Control: “Taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 as my first time birth control. 1. No weight gain if anything I've lost weight while on this, not saying it's due to the pill but that's the only thing I've noticed about my weight. 2. No hair loss, my hair has been fine. 3. My face cleared up of little pimples I used to get throughout the month. 4. My periods are 3 days at the most and are light. 5. I've noticed an increase in my sex drive. 6. I've always been on the smaller side when it came to my boobs, they've gotten bigger since I started taking this pill. Nothing crazy but enough to notice a difference. Down sides. 1. I'm bipolar so this pill did mess with my anxiety/mood pretty bad the first two months but once I got past the adjustment period it's been good, occasionally it can get to be a bit much but nothing I can't deal with. 2. My cramps haven't changed they're still just as painful. 3. During my period my breasts get super tender to the point of being uncomfortable in my bra. Hope this helps. ✌”

Waxedlemons April 28, 2021

For Birth Control: “Hello! I started taking this three months after my now one year old child was born. I started having uncontrollable rage at the drop of a hat. Every morning I woke up with anger so bad that my chest would hurt. I picked fights with my partner and raised my tone with my daughter way more than I should have. My periods became unpredictable on this birth control as well. Every month around my period my anxiety sky rocketed. Sore breasts and acne. NO sex drive at all. It’s day four off of this and for the first time in months I woke up feeling like myself and not a monster. -10/10 for me.”

Kourt2724 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2019

For Birth Control: “This was my first time on birth control (Blisovi FE)and I am taking it for painful cramps. The first month I had no side effects besides a random week of spotting which I heard was common. My period was shorter, lighter, and had limited cramping which really saved my life. I no longer dread my period. I used to have to stay home from work because the cramps were so bad before this pill. During my second month I had sore boobs and that was it. I do have a bigger appetite but no weight gain since my metabolism is pretty fast. No mood changes. This pill has worked really well for me so far as my first time on BC but remember that everyone reacts differently :)”

Han · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

For Birth Control: “I only started taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 3 weeks ago and I have cried at least twice every day since. I am an emotional wreck and it’s ruining my relationship. Maybe that’s how it’s an effective form of birth control, it just makes you so emotional and depressed that your partner doesn’t want anything to do with you. I advice against it. OH but I did gain 10lbs and big boobs out of it!”