User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.2

Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 4.2 228 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL!! I have been on this pill for 2 1/2 weeks because my pharmacy thought it necessary to send me the generic version of the already generic birth control pill my script was written for (Junel). I have gained weight, been bloated, broken out, had anxiety everyday, had severe cramping and nausea. The bloating, cramping and nausea started well before 10 days prior to due date of my period. I have since called my dr and gotten him to correct the pharmacies ridiculous requests and am going back on Junel which IMO was great. I am currently 4 1/2 months pp and am using this as a form of birth control so I do my all these unnecessary side effects. Terrible medication."

KC (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2019

For Birth Control "Awful. Gained 7 pounds in 6 weeks and I’m not a person who gains a ton of weight real easy. I have had the worst acne I have ever had, very swollen all over my body. Night sweats, weird dreams, bloating, low libido. Horrible, horrible, horrible."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2019

For Birth Control "I started these pills 2 months ago after getting my IUD removed. I am not a smoker, but I have blood clots in my lungs from this Blisovi Fe 1/20 birth control. I am miserable. I didn't get pregnant, but I almost died."

Shelly95 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2019

For Birth Control "I never write reviews but for the last 4 months since I’ve gotten off I’ve had the worst acne. I’ve NEVER even had a pimple. In my entire life and getting off was (I thought a great decision) horrible. I had mood swings like crazy. The acne around my jawline and mouth looks terrible. I’ve tried everything to get rid of it. My emotions around my cycle were all over the place. Uncontrollable actually. I hate what (this) birth control did to my body."

Anny (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2019

For Birth Control "Awful, I used to be on Sronyx and then Levonorgestrel for awhile when my gyno switched me to Blisovi (saying it would make my period more regular and shorter). It's been the worst birth control experience I've had in the 6 or 7 years I've been on birth control. It didn't really have any effect on my acne (I did notice more red spots though), but it affected my weight and emotions like CRAZY. I've been on it for 6 months with no improvement (if anything the symptoms are getting worse). No dietary or exercise changes and yet I keep gaining weight and getting stretch marks. I find myself constantly crying at nothing, and I've noticed circulatory changes too. I've always had bad circulation but on this pill I find myself with more bruises than ever before. It also made my period all out of whack. I would miss a period, have random outbursts of spotting, and to make matters worse I was still cramping badly. Do not recommend but it may work for the right people."

Brandi C (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been taking Blisovi FE 1/20 birth control since late 2017 and it has been a wonderful experience for me. My acne has drastically reduced, I no longer have cramps, and my periods are extremely light. I luckily haven't experienced any of the symptoms that others have shared on this website, no anxiety, depression or any bad changes. Every single body is different therefore I recommend you try it and see how it works for your body."

Ellen (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2019

For Birth Control "Taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 as my first time birth control. 1. No weight gain if anything I've lost weight while on this, not saying it's due to the pill but that's the only thing I've noticed about my weight. 2. No hair loss, my hair has been fine. 3. My face cleared up of little pimples I used to get throughout the month. 4. My periods are 3 days at the most and are light. 5. I've noticed an increase in my sex drive. 6. I've always been on the smaller side when it came to my boobs, they've gotten bigger since I started taking this pill. Nothing crazy but enough to notice a difference. Down sides. 1. I'm bipolar so this pill did mess with my anxiety/mood pretty bad the first two months but once I got past the adjustment period it's been good, occasionally it can get to be a bit much but nothing I can't deal with. 2. My cramps haven't changed they're still just as painful. 3. During my period my breasts get super tender to the point of being uncomfortable in my bra. Hope this helps. ✌"

Feed me donuts June 9, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on several different forms of the pill for the last 5 years. I have been on this one for the past 6 months and it is hands down, the worst one to date. It gave me mood swings, no sex drive at all, horrible migraines, nausea, bloating, anxiety, and depression. I stopped taking it completely 2 weeks ago and have already noticed a huge difference. Yes this pill is great at preventing pregnancy but that's about it and the side effects are not worth it. Please do not take this pill."

FB June 7, 2019

For Birth Control "Do not take this pill, after 2 months I am changing due to weight gain, anger, mood swings, extreme exhaustion to the point where I can't stay awake past 9pm. I do not feel like myself, I have awful anxiety that I have never had before, the exhaustion is to the point where getting through the day has become an issue."

BS10234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on the pill Blisovi Fe 1/20for about 3 months now and I really like it! I’m only taking it to avoid pregnancy and have regular periods. It’s the first form of birth control I have ever tried. I have no really bad side effects. It just doesn’t personally help me with cramps. But my period only last 2/3 days and it’s super light! and I’m just more emotional than I was before but nothing dramatic. I think it’s a great first time birth control use"

aves June 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Junel Fe for the first three months which gave me mood swings and then the pharmacy randomly started giving me Blisovi which I've had for 9 months. Blisovi gave me less of the mood swings -- which were never a problem before but I kept getting headaches. I started logging them and I would nearly get one small one a day, at least. I completely weened myself off of caffeine too, so I'm sure that's not the issue either. Now I'm back on Junel Fe. Junel Fe made my periods more irregular. I skipped for 90 days and then had a 12 day period...anyway, no headaches but I'm back to being needlessly sensitive now. I might talk to my doctor and try something else. My insurance only covers them if I get them mailed to my house...so when I needed an early prescription because of a vacation they charged me out of pocket ($44.00)."

someone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 3, 2019

For Birth Control "Gave me the worst/smelliest gas I ever had in my life. Had to discontinue use because of severe deathly flatulence."

Chyenne (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2019

For Birth Control "I got this Blisovi Fe 1/20 birth control for prevention of another ovarian cyst bursting. Before this, the only other birth control I had for any period of time was Implanon implant. The implanon didn’t agree with my body but I kept it the full 3 years anyway to prevent pregnancy. Blisovi Fe 1/20 doesn’t really agree with me either. I’ve been on it for 6-7 months and I get horrible nausea if I don’t take it before bed. I get headaches all the time now. I’ve lost my appetite almost completely. Today I had such extreme nausea that was only relieved by throwing up three times. My sleeping pattern is all out of whack. I'm not 100% sure this pill is to blame but it’s the only thing I’ve been doing different lately. I tried the NuvaRing for a while as well and that didn’t agree with me either. Not sure what I’ll do."

Ugh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been taking this Blisovi Fe 1/20 birth control since 2017 and it has helped. After reading the negative reviews, I was shocked to see how many people didn't like it. I take my pill at 7:30 every day and have had no negative side effects, as far as I know. I have never vomited, got depressed, or had severe bloating etc. My period has actually stopped completely with a little spotting every several months or so. But my acne has drastically reduced as it is pretty much gone! And I no longer feel the horrible cramps I used to feel during my period. This pill does everything it is supposed to correctly. But everyone is different :)"

Anon (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I'm 32 and have never been on birth control but decided to give it a try because my periods have always been bad and recently my ovulation has turned painful too. My gyno prescribed Blisovi Fe and I started taking the pills the Sunday after my period started. Within 12 hours I had horrible nausea and vomiting. Then came the anxiety, headache that wouldn't go away, fatigue, and constipation. I felt like I wanted to jump out of my own skin. It made me feel crazy. After 2 pills I stopped, and now nearly 48 hours later I still have a headache and horrible fatigue."

Leelee (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2019

For Birth Control "Don't take Blisovi Fe 1/20, just don't do it, seriously it's not worth it. I was on this for TWO DAYS. Keep in mind, I have absolutely NO PRIOR HISTORY OF DEPRESSION OR ANXIETY!!!! I took this pill on Sunday night. I woke up Monday with the worst depression I've ever had, to the point where I thought I was going to do something harmful to myself. I took it again Monday night, and woke up Tuesday in the GREATEST MOOD... annnddd then it crashed BAD. Today was my first day off of it, and I am a depressed and anxious MESS. I hope that I return to normal. Don't take this. Seriously. I'm only 18 and I feel like I've completely hit rock bottom."

DO NOT TAKE THIS (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2019

For Birth Control "Blisovi Fe 1/20 has worked as a birth control method. However, I've experienced mood swings which are very unusual for me. Before the pill I had irregular periods and at first the periods became more timely and lately I have missed my period for the last 4 months and I am not pregnant (I've checked). I've not noticed any change with my weight, face skin, or sex drive."

1001 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2019

For Birth Control "I don’t know what’s in this stuff but I have no appetite, my boobs won’t stop getting bigger, and my libido is off the charts. Wow!"

Sandy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2019

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL! Believe every negative side effect. Paranoia, extreme anger, acne, severe cramping, fluctuate between no sleep to extreme fatigue. The list goes on. It’s awful. Worst experience of my life."

Page (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this pill for 1year I noticed I’ve lost weight and bleed a lot"

Monamona (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2019

For Birth Control "6 months ago I was switched from Glidess to this. After switching I had absolutely no sex drive & was moody. 3 months after I started this medication I had gained 10 lbs (I work with a trainer & eat healthy) & started to become sick. I had horrible cramps with constipation or diarrhea & nausea every day. I went to see a specialist & was advised to take tests to see what was wrong (really expensive)! I finally made the connection that it could possibly be my birth control even though my pharmacist & doctor said there was 0 chance that was it. I stopped taking this pill & days later I was fine. No more cramping, diarrhea or constipation, nausea, and bloating. (I’m losing weight back to my “normal self”) My sex drive is back to normal too. I wrote this so others who have the same issue can be warned. I thought I had celiacs, a food allergy, or an intestinal issue, that’s how sick I was. This pill ruined my life for 6 months."

Rae April 14, 2019

For Birth Control "DO NOT shy away from Blisovi Fe 1/20 by horrible reviews. Most people are usually only motivated to post a review when having a bad experience with a birth control, people who are satisfied, usually do not share their experience. However, I've been taking this for about a year now, and it has controlled my PMS by like 95% and has lightened my period almost completely. I have acne-prone skin, and iIcan confidently tell you that my face, as well as my friend's skin, has completely cleared up after a month of using this BC. Experience may definitely vary between people, but my friend who uses blisovi fe 1/20 has such a positive experience and recommended it to me, and I can say the same. I have not seen any noticeable weight gain or weight loss. Give it a try for at least 2-3 months before trying something else! It takes a month or so for your body to get used to the hormonal changes, and may not experience full benefits until then."

yssac (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I only went through 3 rows of Blisovi Fe 1/20 and my face broke out in painful acne!!!! Horrible acne. I had night sweats and weird dreams. Hungry all the time! Not worth it for me."

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I was put on Blisovi FE when they discontinued Microgestrin and the only reason I am giving it 3 starts is because it prevented me from pregnancy which is the main goal of birth control pills. I was on this pill for about 6 months until I started to feel sick everyday - major brain fog, dizziness everyday, exhausted, abdominal swelling and more. Never did I think it was the Blisovi because I had been just fine for 6 months. After being on this pill over a year I have finally found my answer to all my symptoms as I got off this pill and feel normal again - it messed up my entire body. I would see if this works for you but know what side effects it has."

SK (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2019

For Birth Control "Please, please, please, avoid this pill. I was given this pill around the age of 34 because my periods became very irregular and heavy. I took this pill for 3 months and I gained 30 lbs. I just started feeling heavier and heavier. I stopped after 3 months of taking it and I started having chest pains and losing my breath frequently. I now have hypertension that I can't get rid of even after losing the weight I gained. I'm not a fit fanatic but I do eat well and exercise some. I'm now on 60 mg daily of blood pressure medicine and I blame this pill! This pill forever altered my life and I can't wait for a class action lawsuit to follow for poisoning us!"

Honesty and truth (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2019

More about Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, ... +42 more

Professional resources