User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control 43 reviews 305 medications

3.4
Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 43 reviews 3.4

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "Works as a pregnancy preventive, but wow do the side effects SUCK. Constant pain in ovaries and abdomen, sharp cramps at random times in my cycle, nauseated, bloated, couldn't wear my contacts for a month straight due to eye irritation, chest pains, so so so moody and emotional for NO REASON. I was originally taking Gildess and my pharmacy switched me in September 2016 to Blisovi FE1/20. I was fine in the first couple of months taking it, just nauseous here and there and occasional headaches, it was a good start. Then month 4-5 hit and side effects got even worse. I would not recommend this pill unless you can deal with the side effects. I experienced every side effect mentioned on the prescription within 6 months on this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Stay away from this birth control! I used to take loestrin fe which was the perfect birth control, had little to no side effects. I had switched to blisovi due to insurance, as soon as I started taking it I felt depressed, anxious and like I was living in a bubble. I couldn't do anything because all I wanted to do was throw up all the time, I barely could eat as well. I barely lasted a week which consisted of me crying everyday due to how it made me feel and decided to switch back to loestrin and pay out of pocket. Stay away from this birth control!!!"

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill about a month ago, and three weeks into it I began experiencing some of the worst side effects I've ever had. I had a headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, blurred vision, fatigue, and extreme anxiety which I have never had before at this excessive level. I called my doctor and then took myself to urgent care, they were talking about diagnosis from complicated migraine up to stroke. I will never take this again, I would definitely look into this pill VERY thoroughly before taking it."

bc07 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched to this when I moved from college and I've experienced pros and cons of this birth control. It is free (covered by my insurance) as to where my previous one was not. My skin is SO CLEAR now. And I mean not one spot of acne compared to before when my skin was breaking out all the time. It hasn't helped me too much with the pain though which is my only complaint. Overall, I'm partial to this now."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS, if you do proceed with caution! I never had any issues with acne, but this BC pill made me break out not only on my face but other body parts. I couldn't quite pinpoint what was making my face feel so itchy until I realized it was Blisovi. It also extended my by 2 more days, gave me intense cramps, and increased my anxiety. These were just some of the side effects I've noticed after a few months until I stopped taking it. Previously, in the glory days, I was on Lo Loestrin to Microgestin without any issues."

AuntFlow (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Understand that everybody's body is different, but there have been no negative experiences for me. I've taken this for several months, maybe even a year, I haven't exactly been keeping track. I take this for my acne, which is almost completely disappeared. I don't get bloated. My periods are completely tolerable and even light. Before the pill, my periods would ruin every pair of panties and pants. Not anymore. I also noticed my periods are shorter, too. They used to be one full week (maybe even a little longer sometimes), now my periods only last a few days."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this birth control it's the first I've started on, I'm On my third month in. I'm 18 years old and my parents were hesitant on anything other than the pill. I've lost a little weight I went from a size 3 to a size 0, and my breasts are tender and grew a cup size, which I'm not complaining about for a 5'0 girl. My periods are light, barley noticeable at all I bleed two days and only use a few regular tampons those two days and don't cramp a bit. My only complaint is that I'm now a major cry baby for the smallest reasons and my anxiety spikes up a little more than usual but other than that it's great, Acne is non existing, hair is glossier than usual, it's perfect I totally recommend this!"

Anon122221 July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on it for almost 6 months now and hate it! Absolutely lowered my sex drive and sex was painful because of vaginal dryness. The first three months I'd have CRAZY mood swings but levelled out, and my breast size definitely increased. It did help with cramps and period pain but it had such an impact on my sex drive I cannot stand it. Switching soon!"

Mel C June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My insurance company force-switched me to this birth control. At almost 25 years old, I'm experiencing worse acne than I ever have before in my life. I'm also experiencing headaches and weight gain. Terrible experience with Blisovi."

Shmanders June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I went to my doctor for the purpose of skipping a period for my honeymoon he put me on Blisovi Fe 1/20. I skipped the sugar pills as directed and day one of honeymoon period came today is day 8 still bleeding longer and cramping more than I ever do! I have never had this issue with any other pill!! If you want longer periods you should take this pill "

JennyL78 June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have just started this brand of birth control due to Microgetsin 1/20 FE being discontinued. So far with starting the new pack, I have thrown up for the last 3 days. I used to have an ill day only the first day of a new pack with Microgestin. Something is definitely off."

AScaife June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched to this generic the beginning of the year by my insurance. I was on generess (chewable) with no problems what so ever. This pill has made me gain weight. I have stubborn acne in odd places (face, chest, even down there!) that won't go away or pop. My anxiety is through the roof. At least it makes my periods light and pain free."

Schnick June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am just putting the pieces together today thanks to all your reviews. I was switched to this from lo loestrin fe 1/20 as a generic. I don't remember having problems before but for 2 months I've had discolored discharge, now breakthrough bleeding and mild cramps. I haven't had any period or bleeding for years. I was on microgestin and hopefully my doctor will let me go back on that. This medicine though is NOT the same as lo loestrin fe 1/20. Not even close."

Joy Not A Fan June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first experience with birth control and I was so worried because of all the negative reviews but I have had only a positive experience. My favorite thing is that my acne is gone! I haven't gained any weight or experienced any changes in my mood. My one complaint is that my periods are not yet regular. This is my third month so I expect them to get more regular after this month and I'm not worried!"

nickname1578 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched to this when Gildess was discontinued, and I'm more pleased with it than I was with Gildess. I was originally prescribed birth control to regulate my period, and while my period was crazy as hell during the three months I was on Gildess, it's pretty regular now. Also not having as many side effects, and not sure if it's because my body was already pretty used to the birth control (Gildess and Blisovi are generics of the same drug), or if Blisovi is actually better."

Shurrydan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Insurance changed and had to switch over from microgestin. I was on microgestin for 2 years with no problems or symptoms at all. Only a week into the new pills I started experiencing awful nausea and bloating. The stomach knots were non stop and for being a person who is rarely emotional, I have never cried more. Hormones were out of control, definitely don't recommend this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I know there are many with bad experiences, but everyone's body is different. This is the first time I have ever taken birth control "pill form" and I have had no issues. My weight has stayed about the same, I have my period for a few days and it is light, and I have no breakouts. The only thing I get is my breasts get tender, but other than that, I have had a wonderful experience with this pill."

Love! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My insurance stopped covering Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo (my fav), so I had to switch. I was prescribed Taytulla, but I couldn't find a local pharmacy to fill it. I was given Blisovi instead. First, the pros: I am not pregnant, I haven't had breakthrough bleeding. That's it. Within days of starting, my appetite became insatiable. I only experienced this when I was pregnant, so I was worried. Definitely NOT pregnant. I feel like I am constantly starving. And then, there's the fatigued. Oh, the never ending fatigue. I cannot sleep enough and there isn't enough coffee in the world to help me. I suffer from PMDD and it has been HORRIBLE with this. Luckily, Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo is affordable now, I am switching back ASAP."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible. First pill and it's the worst. Getting switched right away. Lots of nausea and stomach/upper abdominal discomfort and bloating. Does anyone have any better recommendations for BCP, like organic ones?"

AMTLove May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I wanted to give my input since most of these reviews are negative. This is my first time being on birth control. Before the BC my periods were extremely irregular and painful. Starting the BC one of the side effects that I've noticed was me being extremely sleepy for the first 3 to 4 days. Other than that, it improved my mood. I don't get irritated that quick like I usually do. It cleared up my breakout that I was having on my chin too. I did not experience weight gain. I stayed the same. I still do get a period while being on this pill. So yes, I've experienced good things so far on this pill :)"

Flowersha (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I use to be on Gildess for years and never had a problem with it . When they discontinued it I was prescribed Blisovi. When. I first got my period I had insane headaches and thought I just needed, to adapt to the pill. My periods on gildess lasted like 3-4 days now on blisovi the last over a week and are heavy . In 2 months I have gained over 10 lbs and I workout 5-6 days a week and my breast size went up a cup. I called my physcian after reading everybody's reviews and experiencing all the negative symptoms."

Salinas005 May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am on my 6th week. My pharmacy changed me from Gildess and before it was Junel. I saw my PCP yesterday and was in tears (which is also strange that I can cry on a dime) and feared that my RA meds are killing my stomach and I was going to have to stop treatment due to the side effects. I have tried 2 different RA meds and continued to get sick. My PCP asked me about my BCP's and if there were any changes. A light went off. YES! I am on my 6th week now. My hormones are wacked, I am irritable, and my stomach is in knots every day. I have been taking nausea medication almost daily. My system is a mess between not being able to go to the restroom or going too much. I am calling my mail order pharmacy and my GYN. I must change RX."

QJ April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When they ask me to say how effective this medicine is I got confused. I mean I'm not pregnant so it is effective Lol "

Albin4ik (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on GildessFE 24 (my first BC) and it was amazing! Sadly like all good things it didn't last, and pharmacy switched me to a BlisoviFE 1/20. This pill had 7 inactive while GlidessFE only had 4 inactive, I called my doc right away because I was concerned of the pill difference and she stated usually the 7 inactive pills means you'll have a longer period which was a big red flag to me. The 1st Monday of this pill during my cycle I felt weak + tingling senstation in my legs & before I knew it I PASSED out at my job. My doc stated it couldn't be the BC but I know FOR SURE it was because I was bleeding a lot more than normal. I'm switching to a diff BC after 5 months of nausea+long period. BC are always hits and misses, and this definitely was a miss."

ALOW April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was originally prescribed this pill to help with fainting spells on my period, irregular periods, severe cramps, and the impression that I might have had endometriosis. Shortly after starting, about a month in, my mood severely changed. I would get anxious very easily over little things. Within the past month(I haven't even been taking this pill for 2 full months), I have experienced insane emotional breakdowns resulting from either overthinking situations, or no trigger at all. Within the past 3 weeks, I have cried nearly everyday. Although, I have not experienced any pain from my period, it is virtually nonexistent. As for other side effects, this pill, despite popular belief, has NOT a learned my skin."

Whyamilikethis April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Microgestin Fe 1/20, Lo Loestrin Fe, Loestrin 24 Fe, Loestrin 1/20, More... (31)

Professional resources