User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.2

Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 4.2 189 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I was taking both Junel Fe and Microgestin Fe, depending on which pharmacy I was closest to, for over a year. I never had any problems with them. In fact, they made my skin clear and made my periods extremely light and less painful. When my insurance changed my pharmacy, I was given Blisovi Fe. Off the bat, I noticed changes I didn’t like. I was feeling anxious all the time for no apparent reason. My skin was breaking out. I began feeling really depressed and getting bad headaches. I also have nightmares almost every night now, which may or may not be caused by Blisovi. My placebo week period was heavy and painful. There have been no substantial changes in my lifestyle or product choices that would explain these changes. They all began when I started Blisovi. It’s the only explanation that makes sense, since I take no other meds and as stated, have not undergone any lifestyle changes. I gave Blisovi a 2 month trial and it didn’t work out. At least I didn’t get pregnant on it."

Ej10 February 12, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill is THE WORST. My insurance switched me to this generic version and by only a week in, I was miserable. Breast tenderness, extreme anxiety / moodiness, nausea, achy, fatigue. DO NOT TAKE IT!!"

abbac (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

For Birth Control "HORRIBLE! Within a couple of days of taking this medication I started feeling irritable, anxious, nervous, sad, just extremely overwhelmed with emotions. I had horrible headaches, pelvic pain and chest pain you name it! I had a low sex drive which was very unusual but also made me have bad vaginal dryness. I stopped taking it halfway into my second week and right away I felt like myself again. This pill was really mucking me up in every way possible. My poor boyfriend must have hated me during this time, I nearly drove him crazy too lol."

Lichiz_90 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2019

For Birth Control "I stopped taking birth control for 8 years and was prescribed this medicine for heavy periods. Within a few days of taking this medicine I noticed really bad headaches and acne which I normally don't have. This medicine made me feel funny in the head. Not worth it. I'd rather suffer with heavy periods."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Birth Control "The pharmacy switched me to this pill because they didn’t have the other one at the time. The first month was fine but then I started to have all sorts of side effects which at first I didn’t associate with the pill: loss of sex drive, vaginal dryness, loss of hair, no periods at all, hot flashes, sleep issues. At first I thought I was going to menopause at 37 years old!!! But I decided to stop. It has been a month and the symptoms have all gone away. I was also having joint pain which I didn’t think were related to this and it has gone away too. If a pill can have all these side effects it is definitely not worth the benefits. I would highly recommend to use something else."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2019

For Birth Control "My Obgyn put me on Blisovi to regulate my hormones and periods. But I don’t think this medicine is working! I have been spotting (like a period) since taking the first pill. It’s so annoying and so embarrassing."

Jlyne (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2018

For Birth Control "Blisovi birth control pill is AMAZING! My periods are very light and last as expected up to 5 days. I do not gain a lot of weight (if any), no crazy side effects. Just simply amazing. I am so happy my doctor put me on these pills."

jrp (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this medicine for extreme cramping and heavy periods. I can say that this particular BC has been helpful in making my pain less severe and lightening my periods ! On the other hand I absolutely HATE the side effects. It makes me so moody and depressed and just not myself. I end up getting headaches once a week and all I want to do is sleep. It seems like my appetite fluctuates a lot more now than it used too. It seems like my PMS has gotten way worse on this medication. I’ve been on it for about 10 months so it’s not just settling into the hormones."

blue772 December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for around two years now and it’s been amazing. I was on a different one prior and it made me so sick and depressed, but none of that now! My periods are only three days and very light with minimal cramping. I originally went on birth control for my cramps and this was seriously such a blessing."

Mads (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2018

"My obgyn Dr prescribed Blisovi Fe to regulate my hormones...he stated they were irregular due to being estrogen dominant. At first it made me feel a spacey unbalanced feeling. Then after a couple of weeks starting experiencing severe anxiety and neck pain. I immediately stopped it..neck pain went away. Tried another time, neck pain came back and spike in bp. Just to make sure I tried it again 3rd time later to rule out cause and starting having severe neck pain with tremors, dizziness, high blood pressure..which ended me going to the ER. Informed my obgyn Doctor immediately and he said that medication does not have those side effects. I never experienced anything like this ever! He would not prescribe anything else. I have since decided to see another obgyn dr elsewhere. I still get intermittent dizziness and a unbalanced feeling. Not sure if related"

AZ38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Junel Fe and my insurance changed and I’m on blisovi Fe and it’s the same pill but generic. I love it! I used to have really bad cramps were I would have to go home from school or work and take a hot bath for hours. If I didn’t take an Advil as soon as I got my period I was in for a horrible day. When I started this birth control I get light cramps that are tolerable and I don’t need to take Advil it have a heating pad. I only have my period for 2 or 3 days and then it’s done."

lee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I tried taking this pill for a few weeks and I didn’t really notice any side effects right away. As soon as I got my period I noticed I was having extreme mood swings which was not normal for me at all. I felt extreme depression from this pill and as soon as I stopped taking it I Started to feel normal Again."

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for exactly a month now and I say it’s great! I have very little side effects the one I notice the most is spotting. I took the pill the first day of my period and ever since then I’ve been spotting but that is normal and should go away in a couple months. I have been more hungry I’d say but haven’t noticed any weight gain which it good. My acne hasn’t been as bad as it was before but I still get some here and there which doesn’t really bother me. And that’s about it for the side effects. Also I got my period when it says I was supposed too. I would definitely recommend."

Ashley November 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Hi all, Thought I would share my experience of this BC. Prior to taking this, I was prescribed Larin FE. The dosing I needed was d/c from Larin, leaving my OB to prescribe me with Blisovi. I was a bit nervous prior to starting the new BC because of all the bad reviews and side effects associated with it on here. However, I have been taking Blisovi for about a month now and have experienced little to no side effects stated from other users. I had a small amount of acne and break outs appear but combatted them with some extra skin care for a few weeks. Along with some mild cramping, nothing serious. I figured seeing as though most happy customers don't post their experiences online, I would do so! I have not been on this medication as long as some other commenters, but have not experienced nearly any side effects in comparison!"

Amanda (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Honestly, my experience has been great. I've had close to no side effects. I take the pill at 5pm and eat dinner shortly after to prevent nausea. Occasionally I'll feel a wave, but I'll just eat something, drink tea, or go to bed and all is well. I am purposely skipping my period by consistently taking this and have had no spotting, although I felt cramps on a couple days during when it was supposed to be. Other than that, it's been great! Will update if need be in a couple months."

The Terminator (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on taytulla and had to switch to this bc because of my insurance change :( I finished my first pack and so far not bad. My face is still clear and no weight gain. The only con is my stomach has been feeling weird, I've had some bad diarrhea since starting on Blisovi... If it doesn't go away I will be switching."

Mfoodlover (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on Blisovi ge 1/20 3 weeks now have horrible headaches that last 2-3 days at a time and Tylenol only subside the headache would not recommend going on a different pill"

Flower (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Birth Control "This my first time ever taking birth control and my mood swings have been so terrible I feel bad for anyone around me. I relapsed on cutting, my depression became worse and this is horrible. I want to switch or not use birth control at all!"

Unicorn (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I actually really like this pill. It's the first birth control I ever went on, and it's helped me a lot. I don't breakout hardly ever and there is almost no cramping anymore. A lot of reviews here are pretty negative which really surprised me because I've been on it for almost a year and there have been almost no bad things. My periods don't always come, and there is a little breakthrough bleeding, but other than that it's awesome"

Anon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control a week ago and the first couple of days were good besides the spotting. Now it's the 7th day and I'm bleeding like its my regular period when it's not supposed to be. The past 2 days I have had really bad depression and thoughts. I have depression but this BC is making it so much worse for me. I also have been noticing acne coming up around my jaw line which I never really got it there until now. So I am stopping this BC, I was hesitant in taking it anyways because I have had bad experiences with mood swings on 2 other types as well. BC just isn't for me I guess ."

Lalajo October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL!!!! my doctor gave me this for hormonal acne and heavy cramps. On my 3rd week of taking this ( the week right before my period when I normally break out) I had THE WORST BREAKOUTS of my life. It is like I woke up with a full face of cystic acne. Within 2 days I went from a few to literally 26 pimples. 26! It hurt to smile and I didn't leave the house for a whole week because I was so embarrassed. If that wasn't enough, I was so depressed while on this I was crying uncontrollably at least once daily and when my period came it was the most painful and heavy period I've EVER had. Seems like it did the literal opposite of what I started it for. Very disappointed. I wish I would have done my own research on this pill before ever starting as literally every review I've found is bad. if your thinking of taking this please do your research!!"

adelinadelavega (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Ive been taking this for almost 3 months (on my last week from the 3rd month) and I have NOT had my period yet. 1st month I mean I didn’t really get the side effects, my cramps and headaches were a bit more bad than before but nothing too bad. Sex drive is still the same, love having sex. But no period slight spotting for 2-3 days that’s it. Second month no period at all same cramps and headache and a bit of diarrhea (very uncomfortable). On my 3rd month sticking with it because of doctors recommendation. If I don’t get my period this month I may switch because not getting my period freaks me out lol. I have taken other birth control pills (when I was 18 so I forgot the name) but I did not have these effects I got my period the second month it was very light but it was there lol. I may stick around for the 4th month to see if I’ll feel better but so far I’m not really happy about this pill"

FindingSamm (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm about to start my third month on this pill, and so far it's been pretty rocky. Since I've started this pill, my anxiety has been everywhere. I've had terrible migraines and stomach aches every time I've taken this pill - they'd usually kick in about an hour or two after I took it. Also, my period didn't arrive on the second month which freaked me out a little, but thats normal. The only reason I'm on this bc is to get an IUD after this third month, and I'm ecstatic to not have this added anxiety. Truly will be a weight of my shoulders."

Ellie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "My insurance switched me to this pill from lo loestrin Fe. I had migraines the first few weeks and horrible cramps. My doctor said to just stick with it. It's been a few months and the migraines and cramps are gone but now worried about my lack of libido. I'm only 25."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 6 months now. I was scared at first because of the reviews but thought I would give it a try. My periods come when they aren't supposed too, and then have almost completely stopped (which freaks me out). I have horrible headaches, that are just getting more frequent, and my acne has gotten worse. It's not a lot of acne, but its frequent, in the same spot and cyst like. Needless to say, it does it's job, but not the right one for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018