User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control 22 reviews 299 medications

2.9
Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 22 reviews 2.9

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I am on my 6th week. My pharmacy changed me from Gildess and before it was Junel. I saw my PCP yesterday and was in tears (which is also strange that I can cry on a dime) and feared that my RA meds are killing my stomach and I was going to have to stop treatment due to the side effects. I have tried 2 different RA meds and continued to get sick. My PCP asked me about my BCP's and if there were any changes. A light went off. YES! I am on my 6th week now. My hormones are wacked, I am irritable, and my stomach is in knots every day. I have been taking nausea medication almost daily. My system is a mess between not being able to go to the restroom or going too much. I am calling my mail order pharmacy and my GYN. I must change RX."

QJ April 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "When they ask me to say how effective this medicine is I got confused. I mean I'm not pregnant so it is effective Lol "

Albin4ik (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on GildessFE 24 (my first BC) and it was amazing! Sadly like all good things it didn't last, and pharmacy switched me to a BlisoviFE 1/20. This pill had 7 inactive while GlidessFE only had 4 inactive, I called my doc right away because I was concerned of the pill difference and she stated usually the 7 inactive pills means you'll have a longer period which was a big red flag to me. The 1st Monday of this pill during my cycle I felt weak + tingling senstation in my legs & before I knew it I PASSED out at my job. My doc stated it couldn't be the BC but I know FOR SURE it was because I was bleeding a lot more than normal. I'm switching to a diff BC after 5 months of nausea+long period. BC are always hits and misses, and this definitely was a miss."

ALOW April 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was originally prescribed this pill to help with fainting spells on my period, irregular periods, severe cramps, and the impression that I might have had endometriosis. Shortly after starting, about a month in, my mood severely changed. I would get anxious very easily over little things. Within the past month(I haven't even been taking this pill for 2 full months), I have experienced insane emotional breakdowns resulting from either overthinking situations, or no trigger at all. Within the past 3 weeks, I have cried nearly everyday. Although, I have not experienced any pain from my period, it is virtually nonexistent. As for other side effects, this pill, despite popular belief, has NOT a learned my skin."

Whyamilikethis April 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was switched to Blisovi when my insurance changed a few months ago and have had a terrible experience!! My periods are horribly irregular, I constantly bleed in between and have gained over 10 pounds (which is a lot for as small as I am). The bloating is constant and so so uncomfortable. It is almost impossible to sleep well, which I first thought was from a busy schedule, and even when I sleep I NEVER have the energy to get through the day without being exhausted. I truly do not recommend this drug, not at all worth the awful side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Rating of 5 for now, should be getting my first period tomorrow if this works like my Microgestin fe 1/20 did. Body is still adjusting to this pill. Pros: Sex drive has increased. Every other BCP killed my sex drive. Breasts seem bigger, but maybe that's just me being hopeful. Con: Acne has gotten a bit worse, especially on my arms. I am getting more tiny pustule pimples than I was, but I have also been eating a lot more junk lately. Weight has gone up a couple pounds which is okay since I was having trouble gaining weight anyway, but like I said, I haven't been eating too well. No increase in headaches from my normal amount, and no weird mood swings. I take my pill before bed so I don't notice any nausea. So far, I feel great."

berka (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Horrible, horrible, horrible. Spotted for several months and headaches galore. Had to take two pills per day just to stop spotting, and even then - no luck. I called my doctor who switched me to Loestrin which is much better. DON'T take this - just awful."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "After reading these post I have had similar symptoms. I have had acne but it's not the kind that is filled with puss it's the hard ones that hurt and leave a scar even if you don't touch it. This pill on the first week makes me extremely nauseous and shaky. I don't eat much when on this pill so I have been losing a lot of weight which to be honest I'm slimming down in my waist and belly area. I don't even eat some days which is extremely bad, so I just drink lots of water and juices. I have been eating snacks rather than a full meal. If I do it's one big meal for the day (mostly dinner) and that's it. I haven't gotten pregnant yet. I take the pill everyday at 7am so I should be okay but I will come back and review."

shacdb40 March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This birth control could not be worse. I bled for an entire 2 months and would randomly get gushes of blood that would soak through to my pants. Also, my face broke out like crazy!! Do not take this BC!"

F This (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The absolute WORST medicine I've ever taken. I haven't seen a single good review on this, and now I'm wishing I would have read these sooner. Every single one of them is true, there's a reason this is rated 2/10. I wouldn't have given it a 1 if it gave me a choice for 0. I was seeing double for weeks, and thinking that it may have just been that my eye doctor didn't shape my contact right, sure enough, it was this awful birth control. I had 3 periods or "break though bleeding" 3 times and I was only on my second week of the second month. I gained 15 lbs in that short amount of time & after researching it, I stopped taking it immediately, 2 days ago & my eye sight went back to normal almost immediately. I've already lost 5 lbs in two days."

mt1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the absolute worst. I was on Gildess fe 1/20 before it was recalled and I loved it. The only issue I had with that one was that I had loss of appetite. Blisovi Fe 1/20, on the other hand, is absolutely terrible. I have had the worst emotional outbursts, super angry all the time, bouts of depression (where I don't even get out of bed) and even now, after 10 months of it, my periods are so messed up, it's insane. The average duration is 10 days, incredibly heavy and incredibly painful. I've always had a regular 5 day periods with light cramping and moderate flow and now it's all over the place. I usually have 2 a month which is irritating and I can't wait to switch it. DON'T GET IT. IT'S TERRIBLE."

ememie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this BC for 4 weeks, obviously with new hormones in your body things are going to change and you may break out or gain weight. The first week I was on this BC I had a very bad break out, I was very moody, and I had a hard time waking up. Now that I'm on my second dosage, my acne has cleared and I am waking up on time. I'm still somewhat moody but overall the pill has been working and I don't regret taking it. As far as weight gain, I have gained a couple pounds but I have been working out a lot more recently."

Anonymous February 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Since being on this pill, I've had my period nonstop, skin breakouts, and mind-numbing headaches whenever close to orgasm. Thanks for nothing. I wouldn't even trust this to keep me from getting pregnant for another month and am switching immediately. Hey: STOP selling this!"

Don't do it February 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on gildess for a while without any complications and was switched to blisovi a couple months ago. In the past 2 months I have gained 10+lbs, gone up a cup size, my pants don't fit, blurred vision, headaches, lethargic hungover feeling, and depression. I eat healthy and workout 5-6 times a week and have never experienced anything like this. Stay away from this pill!"

AshleyV12 January 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was previously on gildess fe 1/20, I was told it was no longer available so the pharmacy switched me to Blisovi fe 1/20. I've been on it for about three months and I have gained about 20 pounds. I'm almost always moody, and bloated. Before taking this medication I weighed about 136, I now weigh 160lbs. My doctor tried to tell me that there's no possible way its because of the birth control, but I know for a fact that it is."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Like many others here, I was prescribed Gildess by my doctor, and used it for over a year without a single side effect. This past month, I went to pick up a refill and was informed that it had been discontinued and was given Blisovi as a substitute. I have had an absolutely HORRIBLE experience. In the past month, I have gained 5 pounds (which is a lot on on my 5'1 frame), experienced EXTREME changes in mood (unpredictable anger/depression), and this past week I've started to experience frequent panic attacks. My vision has deteriorated noticeably, and I have felt periodically dizzy. DO NOT take this!"

AngelaMK December 13, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on BC for years and loved the convenience of it. I took a break for a few years but my cycle became irregular. Hoping the pill would help regulate my cycle, I went on Blisovi. I was traveling a lot and assumed my extreme fatigue was due to my busy travel schedule. But no, it is definitely the pill. I'm constantly tired, have a persistent headache, feel like rundown like I'm about to develop a cold, sinus pressure, irritable mood, achy body. The only pros are clearer skin. I eat less, but haven't lost any weight. It's the worst pill I've ever been on."

Risa N. December 5, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was put on Gildess 4 months ago for birth control and I loved it. My period always came on time. It was always light and short. Then CVS switched me to Blisovi about a month and a half ago. I missed a period. I've been extremely emotional. And the worst part is, my body feels like it's falling apart. One day my hands hurt and I can't move them. The next couple days, my knee feels broken. Then when that pain goes away, my shoulder feels out of place. It's just never ending pain! I mean it works as a contraceptive obviously. But this pain has been unbearable. I wouldn't recommend this pill..."

Nathi Santi November 28, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had been on Microgestin previously with absolutely no problems. I loved it, but all of a sudden it wasn't free anymore and that's when my insurance told me I would have to keep paying for it or switch to a new generic -- Blisovi. I switched thinking they were one in the same. WRONG. First off, I got very itchy. It made my skin very sensitive and I started breaking out in a rash towards the end of the first week. I also noticed it was heightening my anxiety, it made me very erratic and aggressive. It also made my vision blurry. After ruling out other things, I stopped taking it on a hunch and immediately everything went back to normal. I don't care if I have to pay, I'm going back to Microgestin. Blisovi is HORRIBLE."

SarahS17 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have just come to this realization today and I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner.... After switching from a discontinued pill to Gildess my pharmacy has rotated generics from Gildess to Junel to Blisovi Fe 1/20, and so forth. Mainly those three. Over the past two years I have also struggled with anxiety. I have just realized that my crippling panic attacks and 95% of my anxiety issues occur when I am taking Blisovi fe 1/20. I CANNOT WAIT TO TALK TO MY DOCTOR AND GET AWAY FROM THESE PILLS."

I'm not pregnant, but... (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Effective? Maybe. But IT IS EVERYTHING Hester V. said and more!!! DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL! I also had my prescription thru CVS and they switched it on their own--not the doctor--due to insurance, price, etc.....DON'T DO IT---It's not worth it! Constant headaches, weight gain, blurred or double vision, major mood swings--every single side effect is true."

AHarris1983 November 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Pharmacy started giving me this drug arbitrarily when they switched to CVS. First month didn't like it- was itchy for no reason, frequent headaches that wouldn't go away. Pharmacy tech told me "it can take up to 3 months to get used to it" and no offer to switch. Over 4 months I gained 15 pounds, had a headache almost every other day, extreme bloating and distention, fatigue, dizziness, indigestion, hazy vision and problems with my contacts. I have been on many kinds of bc pills over the years and this is by far the worst ever. It did what it was supposed to and kept me from getting pregnant or I would have given a lower score. I couldn't take it any more- there was no "getting used to" it. I switched. Do NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Hester V. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

More about Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Necon 1/35, More... (39)

Professional resources