User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.2

Summary of Blisovi Fe 1/20 reviews 4.2 175 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I was on taytulla and had to switch to this bc because of my insurance change :( I finished my first pack and so far not bad. My face is still clear and no weight gain. The only con is my stomach has been feeling weird, I've had some bad diarrhea since starting on Blisovi... If it doesn't go away I will be switching."

Mfoodlover (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on Blisovi ge 1/20 3 weeks now have horrible headaches that last 2-3 days at a time and Tylenol only subside the headache would not recommend going on a different pill"

Flower (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Birth Control "This my first time ever taking birth control and my mood swings have been so terrible I feel bad for anyone around me. I relapsed on cutting, my depression became worse and this is horrible. I want to switch or not use birth control at all!"

Unicorn (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I actually really like this pill. It's the first birth control I ever went on, and it's helped me a lot. I don't breakout hardly ever and there is almost no cramping anymore. A lot of reviews here are pretty negative which really surprised me because I've been on it for almost a year and there have been almost no bad things. My periods don't always come, and there is a little breakthrough bleeding, but other than that it's awesome"

Anon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control a week ago and the first couple of days were good besides the spotting. Now it's the 7th day and I'm bleeding like its my regular period when it's not supposed to be. The past 2 days I have had really bad depression and thoughts. I have depression but this BC is making it so much worse for me. I also have been noticing acne coming up around my jaw line which I never really got it there until now. So I am stopping this BC, I was hesitant in taking it anyways because I have had bad experiences with mood swings on 2 other types as well. BC just isn't for me I guess ."

Lalajo October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL!!!! my doctor gave me this for hormonal acne and heavy cramps. On my 3rd week of taking this ( the week right before my period when I normally break out) I had THE WORST BREAKOUTS of my life. It is like I woke up with a full face of cystic acne. Within 2 days I went from a few to literally 26 pimples. 26! It hurt to smile and I didn't leave the house for a whole week because I was so embarrassed. If that wasn't enough, I was so depressed while on this I was crying uncontrollably at least once daily and when my period came it was the most painful and heavy period I've EVER had. Seems like it did the literal opposite of what I started it for. Very disappointed. I wish I would have done my own research on this pill before ever starting as literally every review I've found is bad. if your thinking of taking this please do your research!!"

adelinadelavega (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Ive been taking this for almost 3 months (on my last week from the 3rd month) and I have NOT had my period yet. 1st month I mean I didn’t really get the side effects, my cramps and headaches were a bit more bad than before but nothing too bad. Sex drive is still the same, love having sex. But no period slight spotting for 2-3 days that’s it. Second month no period at all same cramps and headache and a bit of diarrhea (very uncomfortable). On my 3rd month sticking with it because of doctors recommendation. If I don’t get my period this month I may switch because not getting my period freaks me out lol. I have taken other birth control pills (when I was 18 so I forgot the name) but I did not have these effects I got my period the second month it was very light but it was there lol. I may stick around for the 4th month to see if I’ll feel better but so far I’m not really happy about this pill"

FindingSamm (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm about to start my third month on this pill, and so far it's been pretty rocky. Since I've started this pill, my anxiety has been everywhere. I've had terrible migraines and stomach aches every time I've taken this pill - they'd usually kick in about an hour or two after I took it. Also, my period didn't arrive on the second month which freaked me out a little, but thats normal. The only reason I'm on this bc is to get an IUD after this third month, and I'm ecstatic to not have this added anxiety. Truly will be a weight of my shoulders."

Ellie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "My insurance switched me to this pill from lo loestrin Fe. I had migraines the first few weeks and horrible cramps. My doctor said to just stick with it. It's been a few months and the migraines and cramps are gone but now worried about my lack of libido. I'm only 25."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 6 months now. I was scared at first because of the reviews but thought I would give it a try. My periods come when they aren't supposed too, and then have almost completely stopped (which freaks me out). I have horrible headaches, that are just getting more frequent, and my acne has gotten worse. It's not a lot of acne, but its frequent, in the same spot and cyst like. Needless to say, it does it's job, but not the right one for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Blisovi for a month now, and I haven’t really had any negative things happen to me besides some weight gain (but that’s probably because I don’t exercise so whoops). The doctor said your body needs at least 3-4 months to adjust to the hormones though, so hopefully everything will go back to normal. Earlier on, I did experience a little bit of nausea, but it went away after the 3rd week. ALSO, it does do its job on protecting from pregnancy. I had an accident around the twelfth day of me taking birth control, and my doctor said to wait a month before having unprotected sex so I was super scared that I might’ve been pregnant. But then I got my period and was relieved. Definitely follow what your doctor says though so you don’t stress too much!! A bunch of sites say that you’re protected after 7 days of use, but for extra safety I’d wait until at least a month of using it. Overall though, Blisovi has been a good first time birth control for me."

Trinity September 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking Blisovi fe 1/20 for just about 3 weeks now and I have been bleeding not spotting but bleeding some days heavy some not so heavy. So since the second week, so about 2 weeks now I've been bleeding. I haven't had any side effects really other then being a little moody and I think that's because of this annoying bleeding, I know it takes your body time to adjust to birth control but I've been on BC before and I've never gone through this. I've read all the reviews on this birth control and I haven't seen or read one good thing. I'm stopping this birth control and requesting something different."

Girl September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill is the worst. I was switched from Vienva to Blisovi about two months ago. The first period I had on it lasted maybe 2 days and was very light. I didn’t even have another period this month so I’ve been stressing that I’m pregnant but I’ve taken many tests and they’re all negative. Between last month and this month I had mysterious bleeding for about a week, I feel nauseous most of the time, extremely fatigued, depressed and I’ve noticed my anxiety has gotten worse. I had it before but I felt like I was getting better especially socially but it’s just getting worse now. I’ve lost interest in a lot of things because I have no energy no matter how much I sleep. My acne has gotten worse on the lower half of my face near my mouth and chin. I’m going to switch back to vienva soon so hopefully I will feel better. I’m not myself. I strongly think it is this pill."

Rachel (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Blisovi Fe 1/20 about 2 1/2 months ago and so far its...okay? They say to give birth control about 3-4 months so your body can adjust to the hormones, that's what I'm doing. So far my breasts have been super tender and I have the occasional period cramps when I'm not even on my period. I don't break out or have any mood swings but I feel nauseated from time to time. Periods are light and last maybe three days which is nice but they seem to come on every three weeks instead four. I can definitely feel the side effects taking these pills so if you don't want side effects maybe try something else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I have heard a lot of bad reviews so I thought I should share my own review. This birth control has NOT made me depressed or gain weight or make me want to eat more. The only thing I would say is that I spot a lot more but that’s normal in any birth control within the first few months. Also, I get a little more acne than I had before but nothing too serious, and it will probably go away when my body gets used to the new hormones."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first time taking any form of birth control. I’ve been on this pill for about 5 days, and I’m feeling fine. The first day, I did experience some slight nausea, but it went away after around ten minutes. I don’t get anymore of it (for now at least)! I haven’t noticed any side effects so far except for my period already starting to be a lot lighter. No acne, mood swings, weight gain, or anything so far. I’ll keep you guys updated next month :)"

Trinity August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I could not wait to get off of it. 2 months and that was it. Worst side effect was diarrhea and cramping- to the point I was having 6-7 bowel movements per day. I went to my pc doctor to be tested for celiacs and try to figure out what was happening- we narrowed it down to this pill. As soon as I stopped taking it and had my period, my issues resolved. I also swelled with water retention and carried an extra 2-3 pounds while on it which went away after stopping the medication. I don't have those issues with Lo Loestrin."

Tiki80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Blisovi for a little under a year after my doctor told me this was her favorite pill to recommend. Little did I know after reading these reviews I would realize all of my problems can be contributed to this pill. No I haven’t gotten pregnant. But I have regular nausea, migraines at least once every two weeks, loss of sex drive and little natural lubricant. I get regular acne on the lower half of my face which I haven’t experienced in years, which started when I got on this. When I miss a pill I stopped doubling up the next day because I get massively nauseous to the point where I can’t move. It regulated my periods great but this past cycle I mysteriously bled for two weeks straight and since yesterday I’ve had a headache and steady nausea and burning in my stomach. A little terrified because I don’t have any acid reflux whatsoever and my diet is very steady. I have a couple weeks until I get back on insurance so I am definitely switching to something else."

Abbigail August 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Blisovi for 6 months and have had a great experience with the birth control so far. Luckily, I don't have any negative symptoms such as acne, depression or mood swings. Some symptoms I've experienced are shorter periods with less cramping, larger breasts and about a 5 pound weight gain (which isn't something to view as negative). My only personal thought or advice is to make sure you are treating your body like a queen...so eat healthy, exercise and don't misuse the birth control."

Mo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2018

For Birth Control "The first four months on this pill had me spotting for the majority of the time. I was really moody all the time and would cry over any little thing. As months went by, my periods got shorter and lighter, but I developed extreme anxiety. The anxiety turned into depression and I didn’t feel like doing anything all the time. After 8 months, I stopped this pill and I’m going to be taking Gianvi. Hopefully I will start to feel like my normal self again, but I do not recommend taking this pill. If you start getting depressed and anxious out of nowhere, blame this pill!"

Lex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this pill Feb of 2017. My insurance switched over to this brand and I didn’t think it would be a problem. I’m constantly spotting and cramping. My moods are terrible. My sex drive is fine. But I made the decision to finally stop. I can’t take the spotting. I enjoy sex and it’s not fun when your spotting all the time. I only have it a 2 because I didn’t get pregnant...that’s the only positive remark I have."

Tori (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "This medicine has worked pretty well for me. I haven't experienced many side effects. I am anxious but I don't know if I can contribute that to the drug because I was already anxious. I haven't gained weight and all side effects disappeared after a month. The only things I experienced were sore breasts, vivid dreams, and a slight increase in moodiness but that all has went away. I guess it just depends on how your body reacts."

1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Birth Control "THIS. IS. HORRIBLE I started this birth control early July now a day into the placebo pills I felt terrible and it took me a little while to realize it was from the birth control. First, it made my cycle a WEEK late so I was stressed about being pregnant, once the cycle came it lasted past 7 days! Which is extremely alarming. Second, when I did have my cycle I had cramps all of the days I bled which is also not normal at all for me. I also was very depressed and anxious all the time. This is not my first time being on birth control when I was 18 I was on Levora and it was great I had 0 cramps, my cycle lasted 3 days and it made my skin very nice. I will never use this birth control again."

Angie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

For Birth Control "THE ABSOLUTE WORSE ! I was nauseous all the time , threw up , and depressed. Also, sex drive and natural lubrication took a negative toll. I don't recommend this to anyone! It made my life miserable . My body felt extremely weak . Its just not worth it"

Jo August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 when my insurance switched it from larin FE. I bled on and off the first pack which wasn’t too bad, but then started getting TERRIBLE cramps everyday, throughout the whole day. My anxiety and depression (which I was already diagnosed with but never was this bad) kept getting worse and worse. I couldn’t take it anymore so I stopped birth control completely for a month. My symptoms went away completely."

Banana (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018