User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20 to treat Birth Control

Blisovi Fe 1/20 Rating Summary

4.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

Sara · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 19, 2019

"I find this birth control good. You’re going to have side effects with every medication you’re just going to have to get over it. I have been on this birth control for 4 or 5 years now and I love it. After about a year or two my periods have stopped completely. I do have low sex drive but oh well just another way the birth control works is how I think of it. It will take time for your body to adjust. I recommend if there are a few side effect in the begining to just see if they stick around. It will take any birth control 6 months to a year to get used to your body. It’s free with my insurance."

AngelicBeauty · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

"After taking the 1st dosage, I happen to do research on the birth control pill and I read the reviews on this site. I was really scared to continue taking the birth control because of the reviews, but I'm happy that I continued. I am on week 3 of my 1st pack, and yo be honest, the only two things that I have experienced is very mild acne (and that was in the 1st week), and also after week 2, I began my period (taking the pill because of amenorrhea). I'm 36 years old and I've never had period cramps when I did have a regular period, but with this pill, I have mild cramps, and the flow is medium. My period usually lasts for 7 days, and I'm on day 5 just now starting with a medium flow after it's been really lite....so I'm not sure how long this will last. So far, no nausea or any sickness. I also have not gained weight. I'm generally a healthy eater so when hunger strike, I down some quinoa/kale and fruits and etc...."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2019

"I started this pill back in 2016. I mainly took it to control heavy and painful menstrual bleeding. From the beginning the warning signs were there (migraines, swelling in my hands and feet) but nothing that alarmed me to see my doctor. Fast forward to now and I have been in a depressive episode for about 2 weeks "

CherryDream · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

"Okay so.. despite all of the negative reviews I wanted to be yet another positive review for those who are unsure whether to try this birth control or not. Here’s the thing, and you’ll hear this over and over... everyone’s bodies are different. So don’t just go by someone else’s experience! I followed this motto and for that reason I’ve actually tried this birth control and I couldn’t be happier! I mean I am pretty much on day 7 now and I haven’t felt any of the symptoms people say. Before I started this bc I was on Yasmin and then Reclipsen. Which I didn’t realize had higher doses of estrogen in them which is probably why my body didn’t like it as much. Unfortunately these gave me leg cramps and sensations in my hands :( however they might work for others! Anyways, still early days on Blisovi and I’ve been symptom free. I’ll keep y’all updated on this journey which I’m sure will be a blast x"

Jazz123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

"Birth control is different for everyone. Been on this for a few months and no noticeable changes in weight or acne. Only issue is if I forget to take it for a day or two, I’ll spot for the next few days. Maybe the only side effect is more depressed mood and increase in headaches but that could also be attributed to changes in life style. Hard to tell."

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

"I have tried regular birth control in the past but it has always made me extremely angry to the point of having violent images. Just.. not okay. Blisovi Fe does not give me those side effects. So far, finishing up my first pack, I haven't had any side effects. My PCOS abdominal pains are incredibly lightened and I haven't had any breakouts or tummy issues."

MoodyGirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2019

"All birth control has to be given at least a couple of months for the side effects to subside. KEEP THAT IN MIND! At first, I felt nauseous for the first week or so right after taking the pills but it subsided. I felt my body adjusting hormonally each day the first couple of weeks or so. My mood adjusted as well especially during the first period on the pill I cried so much ! I’m fine now after two months, I get a very light period, I get a little moody during my period but not as much as I used when I wasn’t on birth control. Birth control prevents pregnancy and side effects should be expected, wait them out. Everyone’s experience is completely different. Vitamin B has helped with mood and energy too as recommended by my doctor."

LL · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2019

"Worked in that I didn’t get pregnant. But came with weight gain, headaches, loss of sex drive, and moodiness/depression. These came as a gradual onset so it took me a while to figure out the cause. But I just stopped taking it a few days ago and already noticed I feel better."

Runnermom · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 28, 2019

"Wow! I can’t believe the bad experiences. I’ve been taking this for a long time. I started it because of endometriosis and not birth control as I had my tubes tied after my second child. This has helped to control my cysts. I am a very active person and watch what I eat. I have a tendency to be heavy and this hasn’t affected my weight. In fact, with activity and calorie control I have lost a lot of weight since starting this medicine. I of course don’t thank the medicine for that, I contribute that to exercise and food intake, but what I’m saying is that the meds didn’t make me gain weight."

Cazz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 26, 2019

"Obviously with birth control pills you need to find one that's right for you so what's right for some might not work for everyone. That being said, don't be scared off by a lot of the negative reviews. I got on Blisovi Fe 1/20 to skip my period and it does the job nicely. Aside from spotting in the first month, I've been period-free. I've been on another pill before, I don't remember what it was called but I have never experienced any negative symptoms with that one or this pill either. No break-outs, no weight-gain, no extra hair in odd places, and I haven't gotten pregnant either. Aside from not having a period, literally nothing has changed for me."

Rene M. · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

"I was originally on Junel but my pharmacy changed it to Blisovi. I figured all would be fine since it should basically be the same thing just generics of each other. Well, I was wrong. So wrong. I only took it for a month because of how sick it made me. Constant nausea to the point if dry heaving. Headaches which of course did not help the nausea. I wanted to try to give it a month but I couldn't take the last two active pills because I was so sick. The day after I stopped taking it, I felt about 80% better. And two days after I stopped, I felt 100% normal. I will never recommend this to anyone. I know every person is different but this was the worst experience I've ever had in my 12 years of taking birth control."

rachel · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

"The Blisovi Fe 1/20 pill is absolute garbage. In the first few days of taking it and I've already gained 4 pounds. I have head aches every night so far and feeling super sick to the point of wanting to throw up. In the evenings my mood swings have been ridiculous!!!! My PMS weeks are usually bad and like this is my first week on this pack and it feels like I am going through PMS. I suggest switching. I'm already done with this pill after I finish this pack. Thanks for the unnecessary anxiety ,depression and weight gain. No thanks."

KC · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

"DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL!! I have been on this pill for 2 1/2 weeks because my pharmacy thought it necessary to send me the generic version of the already generic birth control pill my script was written for (Junel). I have gained weight, been bloated, broken out, had anxiety everyday, had severe cramping and nausea. The bloating, cramping and nausea started well before 10 days prior to due date of my period. I have since called my dr and gotten him to correct the pharmacies ridiculous requests and am going back on Junel which IMO was great. I am currently 4 1/2 months pp and am using this as a form of birth control so I do my all these unnecessary side effects. Terrible medication."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2019

"Awful. Gained 7 pounds in 6 weeks and I’m not a person who gains a ton of weight real easy. I have had the worst acne I have ever had, very swollen all over my body. Night sweats, weird dreams, bloating, low libido. Horrible, horrible, horrible."

Shelly95 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

"I started these pills 2 months ago after getting my IUD removed. I am not a smoker, but I have blood clots in my lungs from this Blisovi Fe 1/20 birth control. I am miserable. I didn't get pregnant, but I almost died."

Anny · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 14, 2019

"I never write reviews but for the last 4 months since I’ve gotten off I’ve had the worst acne. I’ve NEVER even had a pimple. In my entire life and getting off was (I thought a great decision) horrible. I had mood swings like crazy. The acne around my jawline and mouth looks terrible. I’ve tried everything to get rid of it. My emotions around my cycle were all over the place. Uncontrollable actually. I hate what (this) birth control did to my body."

Brandi C · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 13, 2019

"Awful, I used to be on Sronyx and then Levonorgestrel for awhile when my gyno switched me to Blisovi (saying it would make my period more regular and shorter). It's been the worst birth control experience I've had in the 6 or 7 years I've been on birth control. It didn't really have any effect on my acne (I did notice more red spots though), but it affected my weight and emotions like CRAZY. I've been on it for 6 months with no improvement (if anything the symptoms are getting worse). No dietary or exercise changes and yet I keep gaining weight and getting stretch marks. I find myself constantly crying at nothing, and I've noticed circulatory changes too. I've always had bad circulation but on this pill I find myself with more bruises than ever before. It also made my period all out of whack. I would miss a period, have random outbursts of spotting, and to make matters worse I was still cramping badly. Do not recommend but it may work for the right people."

Ellen · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 10, 2019

"I have been taking Blisovi FE 1/20 birth control since late 2017 and it has been a wonderful experience for me. My acne has drastically reduced, I no longer have cramps, and my periods are extremely light. I luckily haven't experienced any of the symptoms that others have shared on this website, no anxiety, depression or any bad changes. Every single body is different therefore I recommend you try it and see how it works for your body."

Feed me donuts June 9, 2019

"Taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 as my first time birth control. 1. No weight gain if anything I've lost weight while on this, not saying it's due to the pill but that's the only thing I've noticed about my weight. 2. No hair loss, my hair has been fine. 3. My face cleared up of little pimples I used to get throughout the month. 4. My periods are 3 days at the most and are light. 5. I've noticed an increase in my sex drive. 6. I've always been on the smaller side when it came to my boobs, they've gotten bigger since I started taking this pill. Nothing crazy but enough to notice a difference. Down sides. 1. I'm bipolar so this pill did mess with my anxiety/mood pretty bad the first two months but once I got past the adjustment period it's been good, occasionally it can get to be a bit much but nothing I can't deal with. 2. My cramps haven't changed they're still just as painful. 3. During my period my breasts get super tender to the point of being uncomfortable in my bra. Hope this helps. ✌"

FB June 7, 2019

"I have been on several different forms of the pill for the last 5 years. I have been on this one for the past 6 months and it is hands down, the worst one to date. It gave me mood swings, no sex drive at all, horrible migraines, nausea, bloating, anxiety, and depression. I stopped taking it completely 2 weeks ago and have already noticed a huge difference. Yes this pill is great at preventing pregnancy but that's about it and the side effects are not worth it. Please do not take this pill."

BS10234 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2019

"Do not take this pill, after 2 months I am changing due to weight gain, anger, mood swings, extreme exhaustion to the point where I can't stay awake past 9pm. I do not feel like myself, I have awful anxiety that I have never had before, the exhaustion is to the point where getting through the day has become an issue."

aves June 3, 2019

"I’ve been on the pill Blisovi Fe 1/20for about 3 months now and I really like it! I’m only taking it to avoid pregnancy and have regular periods. It’s the first form of birth control I have ever tried. I have no really bad side effects. It just doesn’t personally help me with cramps. But my period only last 2/3 days and it’s super light! and I’m just more emotional than I was before but nothing dramatic. I think it’s a great first time birth control use"

someone · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 3, 2019

"I started taking Junel Fe for the first three months which gave me mood swings and then the pharmacy randomly started giving me Blisovi which I've had for 9 months. Blisovi gave me less of the mood swings -- which were never a problem before but I kept getting headaches. I started logging them and I would nearly get one small one a day, at least. I completely weened myself off of caffeine too, so I'm sure that's not the issue either. Now I'm back on Junel Fe. Junel Fe made my periods more irregular. I skipped for 90 days and then had a 12 day period...anyway, no headaches but I'm back to being needlessly sensitive now. I might talk to my doctor and try something else. My insurance only covers them if I get them mailed to my house...so when I needed an early prescription because of a vacation they charged me out of pocket ($44.00)."

Chyenne · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2019

"Gave me the worst/smelliest gas I ever had in my life. Had to discontinue use because of severe deathly flatulence."

Ugh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 20, 2019

"I got this Blisovi Fe 1/20 birth control for prevention of another ovarian cyst bursting. Before this, the only other birth control I had for any period of time was Implanon implant. The implanon didn’t agree with my body but I kept it the full 3 years anyway to prevent pregnancy. Blisovi Fe 1/20 doesn’t really agree with me either. I’ve been on it for 6-7 months and I get horrible nausea if I don’t take it before bed. I get headaches all the time now. I’ve lost my appetite almost completely. Today I had such extreme nausea that was only relieved by throwing up three times. My sleeping pattern is all out of whack. I'm not 100% sure this pill is to blame but it’s the only thing I’ve been doing different lately. I tried the NuvaRing for a while as well and that didn’t agree with me either. Not sure what I’ll do."

More about Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Junel Fe 24, ... +42 more

Professional resources