User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20 to treat Birth Control

Blisovi Fe 1/20 Rating Summary

4.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1/20

"I only went through 3 rows of Blisovi Fe 1/20 and my face broke out in painful acne!!!! Horrible acne. I had night sweats and weird dreams. Hungry all the time! Not worth it for me."

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2019

"I was put on Blisovi FE when they discontinued Microgestrin and the only reason I am giving it 3 starts is because it prevented me from pregnancy which is the main goal of birth control pills. I was on this pill for about 6 months until I started to feel sick everyday - major brain fog, dizziness everyday, exhausted, abdominal swelling and more. Never did I think it was the Blisovi because I had been just fine for 6 months. After being on this pill over a year I have finally found my answer to all my symptoms as I got off this pill and feel normal again - it messed up my entire body. I would see if this works for you but know what side effects it has."

SK (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2019

"Please, please, please, avoid this pill. I was given this pill around the age of 34 because my periods became very irregular and heavy. I took this pill for 3 months and I gained 30 lbs. I just started feeling heavier and heavier. I stopped after 3 months of taking it and I started having chest pains and losing my breath frequently. I now have hypertension that I can't get rid of even after losing the weight I gained. I'm not a fit fanatic but I do eat well and exercise some. I'm now on 60 mg daily of blood pressure medicine and I blame this pill! This pill forever altered my life and I can't wait for a class action lawsuit to follow for poisoning us!"

Honesty and truth (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2019

"Been taking Blisovi Fe for about a month and I noticed after the first 2 days of taking it that it increased my appetite like I always wanted to eat was never full. Then after a week of taking it I noticed that I had diarrhea at least 3 times a day and that alone drained me. All of the little energy I did have the longer I took it the more the energy disappeared. I realized that it wasn’t the food I’d been eating it was the birth control. Then I started feeling sickkkkkk to my stomach the worst stomach aches EVER in my upper abdomen, lost sleep I wouldn’t recommend this birth control to my worst enemy I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old that I have to take care of and on top of the Diarrhea loss of sleep at night and the severe stomach pain I’ve decided to discontinue using this birth control it’s not worth my health."

Tammy (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2019

"This is the first birth control I have ever been on and I was skeptical after reading all the bad reviews before ever even trying it. I let the first pick sit unopened on my nightstand for almost 2 months before finally working up the nerve to take the first pull. Everyone’s body reacts differently to different hormones. So far I’ve been on Blisolvi Fe 1/20 for 3 months and haven’t had any major side effects. The only cons I can think of is that I spot a lot and I have noticed an increase of appetite, especially cravings for unhealthy foods so that’s weird. Even if your birth control is making you hungry, you ultimately control what you put in your body (even if it feel like you don't!). If you eat healthy and stay active you should have no problems. I had bad hormonal acne and now it’s pretty much all gone. It’s also helped with my period cramping. Don’t let the negative reviews scare you away because you may be pleasantly surprised. If you don’t like it, just try something different :)"

Anonymous April 9, 2019

"I started Blisovi Fe 1/20 as my first birth control and was only on it for 10 days. At first I didn't think I had any side effects, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that the little things that were off about me had to be related to this birth control. I haven't been able to sleep very well; I keep having strange dreams that wake me up several times a night. I've been easily agitated and anxious. My stomach is constantly upset when I eat but I don't really have much of an appetite. I've decided to stop taking this medication and will be requesting to be put on a different pill. I read these reviews before starting it and should have listened."

bc23 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2019

"IF YOU HAVE ANXIETY/DEPRESSION TO NOT TAKE BLISOVI FE 1/20!!! Seriously, I went into horrible mood swings and would constantly be at a low or a high. Irritability was so bad I couldn't be around anyone without going off on them. The boob soreness was constant and it made me have large amounts of acne. I also found an increased appetite on this and gained a total of 20 pounds! I just recently switched and my mood has gone back to how I was before.... it's absolutely insane what this did to me. Please take this into consideration as I don't wish this on anyone. Absolutely the worst 6 months, I thought I lost my mind."

K (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2019

"This was my first time on birth control (Blisovi FE)and I am taking it for painful cramps. The first month I had no side effects besides a random week of spotting which I heard was common. My period was shorter, lighter, and had limited cramping which really saved my life. I no longer dread my period. I used to have to stay home from work because the cramps were so bad before this pill. During my second month I had sore boobs and that was it. I do have a bigger appetite but no weight gain since my metabolism is pretty fast. No mood changes. This pill has worked really well for me so far as my first time on BC but remember that everyone reacts differently :)"

Kourt2724 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

"This birth control Blisovi Fe is amazing, don't just listen to the negative reviews. Every female's body will react differently to dosages of hormones so remember that. Sometimes you will have to try two, three, four...maybe even more than that to find the right one. It took me 5 different pills to find the right one for my body. My periods pretty much stopped with blisovi since I skip the placebo, I have no side effects aside from some cramping and bloating around the time I should get my period but that's just mother nature. Keep an open mind and give this a shot."

Diana C (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2019

"I have PCOS and struggled prolonged and heavy periods my entire life. I've taken this in the past but never consistently. Miss one day here and there, sometimes take it in the morning and night which made my cycle go out of whack. About a year later I decided to get back on it with a stricter mindset. I took my pill at 8:30pm every night. This time around I noticed a difference! My period was a lot lighter with lesser days. I didn't gain weight or experience an acne problem. However, I noticed my mood has been unlike me and I didn't correlate to the pill until I started reading the reviews. The last 3 months Ihave been extremely emotional and anxious and cried without any reason. Now knowing its because of the pill, I can now pin point the problem and stop blaming myself. You got to weigh the good and bad. I would recommend this because again it did what I needed it do to the most- regulate my cycles."

Britney March 18, 2019

"I took this for about 10 months. Immediately I put on 10 pounds. I was able to lose some of that in time for a vacation, but as soon as that vacation was over I put on more and more weight. 30 pounds total. I just couldn't stop emotionally eating. I didn't associate it with the birth control because I got promoted to a more stressful position at work, and also went through a breakup. However months after trying and trying I just couldn't lose any weight. Maybe would lose 5 pounds, but just binge eat and put it right back on, plus some. I just stopped taking it about a month ago and immediately lost 6 pounds, presumably water weight. I feel the pounds slowly creeping off. The only thing the pill ever did for me was keep my skin clear, and keep me from getting pregnant. I started breaking out again, but I'd rather have a few spots and not be disgusted with myself and my body."

Amanda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2019

"This birth control gave me extreme depression and anxiety around and during my period. Non stop crying for days. I already have depression and anxiety but it made it worse. There was nothing else that could explain it. I started taking it and about month 3 I quit no way am I ever taking it again. The good experience I had was I didn’t gain any weight in fact my appetite decreased but I associate that with depression. May not be bad for everyone but for me it was the worst birth control pill I’ve been on"

Batwings (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2019

"I’ve been on Blisovi Fe 1/20 for a year! NO WEIGHT GAIN!!! Periods pretty much stopped too <3 The only downside would be my emotions being out of whack, but the benefits far out weight the cost for me."

KitKat March 14, 2019

"Blisovi Fe 1/20 is the worst!! It took me over 4 months to realize it’s my birth control. I did some research and realized this is the culprit of how bad I’ve been feeling. I got on this to help with my PCOS, but it gave me even worse symptoms. My boobs hurt bad, my ovaries hurt, I’m tired ALL THE TIME, gained weight, foggy brain, HEADACHES, my vision is blurry all the time, I have loss of appetite, my hair is falling out more, and I keep getting these huge patches of acne cysts! Also, I think I may be allergic. My skin has been so sensitive since I started it. I changed all of my detergents and soaps and nothing helped! I itch all day every day almost all over my arms, legs, ear lobes, scalp, everywhere!! My skin looks like hives all over, even when doing something as simple as changing clothes. It’s miserable. I am convinced this is the worst birth control ever!! Would not recommend!!"

Ally (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2019

"One of the worst!! My sex drive has been so low since taking these pills. On top of feeling depressed and massive anxiety. Worst side effects ever!! And I’ve been on 10 different kinds to spot my mid cycle periods... this one topped it!!!!!"

JB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2019

"So if I could give zero starts I would. I was so excited for starting first time birth control, And doctor prescribe me the lowest dose of hormonal birth control pill. I do not recommend anybody to try this pill. I was just four days on it and I had to stop I got diarrhea since the second day until today. And I’m not even taking it last 5 days. My hair starts falling off a lot, I have so strong headaches that I never had before. Do not take this pill!!!"

Dada (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2019

"I was on this pill from age 16-19. I just stopped taking the pill 3 weeks ago. I suddenly developed extreme anxiety diagnosed just 4 months after beginning this pill. Periods were only about 3 days but my period after quitting was about the same flow light-medium just a couple days longer. This pill only helped me by preventing pregnancy, and it helped my face stay clear. But ever since quitting I feel like myself again! I much prefer a clear mind to a clear face."

Faith February 21, 2019

"I was taking both Junel Fe and Microgestin Fe, depending on which pharmacy I was closest to, for over a year. I never had any problems with them. In fact, they made my skin clear and made my periods extremely light and less painful. When my insurance changed my pharmacy, I was given Blisovi Fe. Off the bat, I noticed changes I didn’t like. I was feeling anxious all the time for no apparent reason. My skin was breaking out. I began feeling really depressed and getting bad headaches. I also have nightmares almost every night now, which may or may not be caused by Blisovi. My placebo week period was heavy and painful. There have been no substantial changes in my lifestyle or product choices that would explain these changes. They all began when I started Blisovi. It’s the only explanation that makes sense, since I take no other meds and as stated, have not undergone any lifestyle changes. I gave Blisovi a 2 month trial and it didn’t work out. At least I didn’t get pregnant on it."

Ej10 February 12, 2019

"This pill is THE WORST. My insurance switched me to this generic version and by only a week in, I was miserable. Breast tenderness, extreme anxiety / moodiness, nausea, achy, fatigue. DO NOT TAKE IT!!"

abbac (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

"HORRIBLE! Within a couple of days of taking this medication I started feeling irritable, anxious, nervous, sad, just extremely overwhelmed with emotions. I had horrible headaches, pelvic pain and chest pain you name it! I had a low sex drive which was very unusual but also made me have bad vaginal dryness. I stopped taking it halfway into my second week and right away I felt like myself again. This pill was really mucking me up in every way possible. My poor boyfriend must have hated me during this time, I nearly drove him crazy too lol."

Lichiz_90 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2019

"I stopped taking birth control for 8 years and was prescribed this medicine for heavy periods. Within a few days of taking this medicine I noticed really bad headaches and acne which I normally don't have. This medicine made me feel funny in the head. Not worth it. I'd rather suffer with heavy periods."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

"The pharmacy switched me to this pill because they didn’t have the other one at the time. The first month was fine but then I started to have all sorts of side effects which at first I didn’t associate with the pill: loss of sex drive, vaginal dryness, loss of hair, no periods at all, hot flashes, sleep issues. At first I thought I was going to menopause at 37 years old!!! But I decided to stop. It has been a month and the symptoms have all gone away. I was also having joint pain which I didn’t think were related to this and it has gone away too. If a pill can have all these side effects it is definitely not worth the benefits. I would highly recommend to use something else."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2019

"My Obgyn put me on Blisovi to regulate my hormones and periods. But I don’t think this medicine is working! I have been spotting (like a period) since taking the first pill. It’s so annoying and so embarrassing."

Jlyne (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2018

"Blisovi birth control pill is AMAZING! My periods are very light and last as expected up to 5 days. I do not gain a lot of weight (if any), no crazy side effects. Just simply amazing. I am so happy my doctor put me on these pills."

jrp (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

"I was put on this medicine for extreme cramping and heavy periods. I can say that this particular BC has been helpful in making my pain less severe and lightening my periods ! On the other hand I absolutely HATE the side effects. It makes me so moody and depressed and just not myself. I end up getting headaches once a week and all I want to do is sleep. It seems like my appetite fluctuates a lot more now than it used too. It seems like my PMS has gotten way worse on this medication. I’ve been on it for about 10 months so it’s not just settling into the hormones."

blue772 December 3, 2018

More about Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Microgestin Fe 1/20, ... +42 more

Professional resources