User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20 to treat Birth Control

Blisovi Fe 1 / 20 has an average rating of 4.3 out of 10 from a total of 289 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 29% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Blisovi Fe 1/20 Rating Summary

4.3/10 average rating

Compare all 278 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1 / 20

Lainy · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2021

“Only been taking Blisovi fe 1/20 for a week now, but I was really skeptical after reading all the negative reviews. It seems to have improved my mood and my sex drive, and I know that is the opposite of what a lot of other people experienced so I thought I should share. The only negative so far is that I was a little nauseous the first few days of starting the pills. So far so good! Will update if I do have any negative effects down the line ...”

Brie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2020

“I was on Blisovi Fe for a little over 4 months. The first 2 months on this pill I felt zero side effects except for light brown spotting around the week I would normally have my period and during the placebo week. Then beginning the next 2 months the side effects began to reveal themselves. I experienced a significantly decreased libido, no interest in my partner or sex, painful sex (during and sometimes after), mysterious pelvic pain, random nausea, mental fog, subdued emotions, an overall feeling of sadness that couldn’t be explained, and unbearable migraines on the second day of the placebo weeks which left me immobile for the entire day. The only benefits were that it cleared up my acne and protected me against pregnancy. This pill was not for me and I will be switching. For reference, I’m in my early 20’s and weigh 132lbs.”

Mel · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 29, 2021

“So I’ve been on it for about a month and I’ve been feeling pretty much no different. I have anxiety and depression normally and I didn’t notice the medication make it worse or anything, I actually feel a lot happier which is weird and totally not what I expected. My skin is clearing up too which is a major plus. I use it for really bad period cramps and I have noticed some spotting before my period starts but no excruciating pain like I had before. I would literally not be able to move or walk and now I can actually walk to the kitchen and cook myself a meal. My only negative would be I noticed it made my breasts bigger which I wasn’t really looking for but if that’s what you want go crazy I guess lol.”

Pauli54321 December 18, 2020

“Everyone's body is different but for me Blisovi side effect was getting too much for me to handle. I think I should start with the pros because not everything was bad. PRO: I liked how it kept me on schedule. Period change from 6 days to 4 and lighter flow. And of course kept me from getting pregnant. Cons: I couldn't keep control of my weight and gained 20 pounds really fast no matter the exercise or healthy foods I was eating. I have a family history of diabetes so I try to make sure my weight is manageable. At first I correlated to Covid and being stuck indoors so I ended up doing more cardio outside almost everyday but for the life of me couldn't change my weight. Went from 130 to 150 pounds and I'm 23 with a history of consistent weight before I took the pill. If I took a break for a couple of days I'd gain all the weight back plus more. Lastly, my sex drive was nonexistent. I've been on the Blisovi Fe 1/20 for 8 months now and decided another birth control method is best for me.”

Heyy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

“So I’ve been using this for about 4 months and it’s been really good for me and has helped me with my acne I haven’t gained any weight my periods are better I definitely would recommend this one but it may not be the best for you but for me it’s perfect I haven’t gotten pregnant while being on it and I do the pull out method”

Please don’t take this · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 2, 2021

“I started this birth control 4 years ago and my side effects got worse and worse every year I was on it. I’ve never suffered from anxiety and it made me literally so miserable. Stressed every day to the point where I’d start to shake and get nervous over nothing. I never knew what was causing this. My cramps were also so bad. Pelvic pain and mood swings. I’d cry for an entire day and then be fine the next. Muscle aches as well due to my anxiety getting so bad. I also would become incredibly nauseous a few days before my cycle, sometimes I would even throw up. There was nights where I would constantly just sit in my bathroom from a panic attack. I also got aggravated incredibly easy. I got off of this pill. Please do not take this. Believe every side effect. It got worse and worse everyday I took it and I never thought it could be my pill making me this miserable. The only thing it did for me was prevent me from getting pregnant.”

Bri · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

“I started taking Bilsovi after my pharmacy switched me from taytulla. I was only on it for a month and a half. Aside from the fact my skin was completely clear, the side effects were horrible for me. I gained some weight and my mood swings were horrible. I've never in my life experienced severe anxiety until taking this pill. I genuinely thought I was going crazy. I never struggled with panic attacks until this pill. Every morning I woke up anxious. I also experienced really bad cramping and pelvic pain. And mild breast tenderness. I ended up convincing myself I was pregnant. I’ve been off of it for a week now and I feel like my normal self. I’d be cautious on this one.”

Claire · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2021

“So I understand that everyone has different experiences with birth control but I had some pros and cons. First off I started my Blisovi Fe 1/20 pill in October so this would make it my 3rd month on it and so they say it takes 3 months for birth control to start working. Here are my Pros : it kept my period on track. I knew when I was going to get it. Before I started I would have heavy and long periods with blisovi it kept it light and short. As well as my cramps they weren’t super painful as before. Cons: I’ve had anxiety for about 2 years and this pill has really took a toll on my mental health. I’ve had crazy panic attacks. My anxiety was super high. I felt like I was going into this stage where I wasn’t able to control my emotions at some point. I felt super depressed because of the way I was feeling I wouldn’t get out of bed and was sad because this wasn’t who I was. I think if you have any emotional issues this won’t be the pill for you.”

Anon September 9, 2019

“I just started this pill and it is my first time starting birth control. I've just started my first pack and have had no negative experiences with it so far. My doctor told me it will take 3 months for my body to get used to the medication and taking the pill at the same time everyday has been slightly challenging for me, but I've shifted my time to be a little later and it seems to be working better for me. During my first month, I was spotting for the first week, had bright red more period like bleeding the next few days, but then I stopped spotting completely by week 3. After this, when I started taking the placebos, I started to spot again, although very little. I have been used to having very heavy periods with intense cramps for the first day, but those have seemed to subside after taking this pill. My skin is clearer with no darkening spots and my mood during my time of the month seems to be much more pleasant.”

CherryDream · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

“Okay so.. despite all of the negative reviews I wanted to be yet another positive review for those who are unsure whether to try this birth control or not. Here’s the thing, and you’ll hear this over and over... everyone’s bodies are different. So don’t just go by someone else’s experience! I followed this motto and for that reason I’ve actually tried this birth control and I couldn’t be happier! I mean I am pretty much on day 7 now and I haven’t felt any of the symptoms people say. Before I started this bc I was on Yasmin and then Reclipsen. Which I didn’t realize had higher doses of estrogen in them which is probably why my body didn’t like it as much. Unfortunately these gave me leg cramps and sensations in my hands :( however they might work for others! Anyways, still early days on Blisovi and I’ve been symptom free. I’ll keep y’all updated on this journey which I’m sure will be a blast x”

mkat · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2020

“I am taking birth control for PMDD, and I had just switched to Blisovi since my pharmacy did not have any other brands available at that moment. I was already dealing with anxiety and depression, but Blisovi made it so much worse. I started having suicidal thoughts all the time and more panic attacks and I was only on Blisovi for 2 weeks. I will never use this again.”

lauren · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 24, 2020

“I’ve been on this pill for about 1-2 years. During the first week, I was horribly nauseous and I broke out all over cheeks. HOWEVER, it got a lot better for me at least and I rarely get acne (although I didn’t take it for that and I didn’t have severe acne before starting it). I take anti-anxiety pills as well so if I do get sad, I don’t assume it’s due to my pill. It regulates my period and has helped with my cramps. I hope my review helps :)”

Kay kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

“This birth control is absolutely lovely. I take the 1/20 dose because I know higher doses can make people feel off. Anyway, the first month I took it I broke out in pimples, my breasts got tender but it all cleared with in 2 weeks. My periods started becoming irregular due to a hormonal imbalance. (No I do not have PCOS). But it regulated my period for the first month of use. Now I am on month 2 and I am still fine. Also, this pill has not made me gain weight. Coming from a woman taking this who currently has extra weight on her. I take control in what I am eating so that I don't gain weight. I haven't gained any weight, I've actually lost a few pounds. But that's because I am fairly active and I have a healthy diet. I do treat myself ”

Ellen · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 10, 2019

“I have been taking Blisovi FE 1/20 birth control since late 2017 and it has been a wonderful experience for me. My acne has drastically reduced, I no longer have cramps, and my periods are extremely light. I luckily haven't experienced any of the symptoms that others have shared on this website, no anxiety, depression or any bad changes. Every single body is different therefore I recommend you try it and see how it works for your body.”

Olivia G · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2020

“I was on this birth control for about 2 months. The side effects were AWFUL, I've used other birth control but none like this. I developed cystic acne and became an anxious and depressed mess. I cried almost every day and so easily. PLEASE do not take this birth control!”

Anonymous April 9, 2019

“This is the first birth control I have ever been on and I was skeptical after reading all the bad reviews before ever even trying it. I let the first pick sit unopened on my nightstand for almost 2 months before finally working up the nerve to take the first pull. Everyone’s body reacts differently to different hormones. So far I’ve been on Blisolvi Fe 1/20 for 3 months and haven’t had any major side effects. The only cons I can think of is that I spot a lot and I have noticed an increase of appetite, especially cravings for unhealthy foods so that’s weird. Even if your birth control is making you hungry, you ultimately control what you put in your body (even if it feel like you don't!). If you eat healthy and stay active you should have no problems. I had bad hormonal acne and now it’s pretty much all gone. It’s also helped with my period cramping. Don’t let the negative reviews scare you away because you may be pleasantly surprised. If you don’t like it, just try something different :)”

Mfennel · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 17, 2021

“Ok, so I’ve been on blisovi fe for about a year and some change now. Never experienced so much anxiety in my life. Every day I would wake up anxious, stomach issues, etc. I finally came to the realization I’m not the only one who has felt this. I stopped a few days ago and I’m feeling mentally better. I didn’t experience any weight gain, nausea, acne or anything other anxiety. This bc may not be right for everyone. I would have stayed on if it wasn’t for the increase anxiety.”

Bri April 14, 2021

“At first it wasn’t too bad but by the second month I could immediately notice the side effects. I suffered a lot with anxiety and depression when I was going through puberty and had long since outgrown it but by the second month in this pill I literally felt like I was back in middle school. I’m a nervous wreck and sad at the same time all the time and it only gets worse the closer I get to my periods. What doesn’t help is that my periods are still fairly painful and last me almost the entire placebo week. I decided today that I’m not taking this pill anymore and am scheduling an appointment with my doctor to talk about starting a new one. Unless you are using it strictly as birth control I wouldn’t recommend this pill, even women with the strongest mental health seem to struggle emotionally while on this pill and it just isn’t worth it in my opinion.”

Feed me donuts June 9, 2019

“Taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 as my first time birth control. 1. No weight gain if anything I've lost weight while on this, not saying it's due to the pill but that's the only thing I've noticed about my weight. 2. No hair loss, my hair has been fine. 3. My face cleared up of little pimples I used to get throughout the month. 4. My periods are 3 days at the most and are light. 5. I've noticed an increase in my sex drive. 6. I've always been on the smaller side when it came to my boobs, they've gotten bigger since I started taking this pill. Nothing crazy but enough to notice a difference. Down sides. 1. I'm bipolar so this pill did mess with my anxiety/mood pretty bad the first two months but once I got past the adjustment period it's been good, occasionally it can get to be a bit much but nothing I can't deal with. 2. My cramps haven't changed they're still just as painful. 3. During my period my breasts get super tender to the point of being uncomfortable in my bra. Hope this helps. ✌”

:) · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2021

“I'm currently on my second month of Blisovi 1/20. I was honestly very worried to start this birth control because of how many people were saying it had a drastic change in their mood. However, so far I haven't experienced many side effects. Sometimes I'll wake up nauseous here and there, and sometimes it'll feel like I'm having PMS symptoms. I've had severe anxiety since I was 2 years old and I'm currently on 3 other medications for that. So far I've had no increase in anxiety or depression. I've also had very excruciating periods before taking Blisovi, to where I couldn't stand up straight or walk very much for the first day or 2. I was spotting for about a week after a few weeks of taking the pill, but ever since then I haven't actually gotten my period and have only had PMS symptoms which is like a cake walk compared to what I was dealing with before. I hope this helps!! (For reference, early 20's 130lbs)”

meg · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 10, 2021

“I was on this birth control for a little over a year. It was the only pill that didn’t give me acne, make me gain any weight, or give me migraines. However, this pill gave me severe mental health issues. I felt depressed, anxious, and not even like myself for a year. I was miserable to the point where I needed to seek therapy. My therapist suggested an antidepressant but told me to get off of Blisovi first in case that was the issue. Once I decided to get off of it, my mental health was restored in the matter of a week. I didn’t know that birth control could have such a severe effect on me, and I am so relieved that I got off of it. My sister began taking Blisovi a little after me and it had a similar effect on her as well. If you begin this pill and notice that you are feeling depressed, GET OFF OF IT IMMEDIATELY. Don’t put yourself through it for a year like I did. After going through this I have decided to give up on the pill altogether. Not worth it for me.”

Kourt2724 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2019

“This was my first time on birth control (Blisovi FE)and I am taking it for painful cramps. The first month I had no side effects besides a random week of spotting which I heard was common. My period was shorter, lighter, and had limited cramping which really saved my life. I no longer dread my period. I used to have to stay home from work because the cramps were so bad before this pill. During my second month I had sore boobs and that was it. I do have a bigger appetite but no weight gain since my metabolism is pretty fast. No mood changes. This pill has worked really well for me so far as my first time on BC but remember that everyone reacts differently :)”

Jas · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2020

“So, I used to be on Junel Fe, which worked great for me. I didnt notice any side effects at all, so to hear so many having trouble finding a decent BC was shocking. Unfortunately, my pharmacy stopped carrying it, without notice, so I had to look elsewhere. I transferred to one that was supposed to have it, yet they just gave me Blisovi fe instead. I didn't mind it, at first. But I have had the worse experience on this pill. Every bad side effect you can imagine. I constantly will get random nausea and bad head aches. I used to be in the low 120s in weight and am now 133 pounds. That is crazy to put on, when my diet has been consistent for years. I don't recommend this pill for anyone. Some may be okay to take it, but I don't think it's worth the time.”

Han · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

“I only started taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 3 weeks ago and I have cried at least twice every day since. I am an emotional wreck and it’s ruining my relationship. Maybe that’s how it’s an effective form of birth control, it just makes you so emotional and depressed that your partner doesn’t want anything to do with you. I advice against it. OH but I did gain 10lbs and big boobs out of it!”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 18, 2019

“I've been taking this Blisovi Fe 1/20 birth control since 2017 and it has helped. After reading the negative reviews, I was shocked to see how many people didn't like it. I take my pill at 7:30 every day and have had no negative side effects, as far as I know. I have never vomited, got depressed, or had severe bloating etc. My period has actually stopped completely with a little spotting every several months or so. But my acne has drastically reduced as it is pretty much gone! And I no longer feel the horrible cramps I used to feel during my period. This pill does everything it is supposed to correctly. But everyone is different :)”

More about Blisovi Fe 1 / 20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands