User Reviews for Vienva (Page 4)

Birth Control 4.0

Reviews for Vienva

Sphinx · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “Took this in July 2017 for three weeks. This is the worst birth control I have ever taken. I was extremely angry and depressed. I hated the sight of other people. Every night after work I would lay on the couch for hours and cry. It made my mind race a million miles per hour and my body ache all over. The only good thing about this pill is that I became more assertive and people started to listen to me. I was mad angry.”

Vienva Hater · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2019

For Birth Control: “Do NOT take this birth control. I have never been an emotional person. I hardly ever cry, I'm generally happy, and very motivated. After taking this pill for a few months I was so depressed that I couldn't force myself to even get out of bed. I wouldn't go to class, I wouldn't go to work, and I didn't even want to do fun things with my friends. Even when I was in bed avoiding everything I was still feeling depressed. Once I realized that it was the pill doing it I stopped taking it and immediately felt like myself again. It made me go up a cup size and made my skin clearer, but nothing is worth the emotional turmoil. Save yourself”

Jenna January 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “I haven’t used BC pills in years. The last form I used was a non-hormonal IUD but it made my cramps terrible and my bleeding was very heavy. I work in the fitness industry and workout 4-6 days weekly. I’ve been on acne meds for years. After 3 months on Vienva, I noticed a huge decrease in my acne. BUT I also noticed a huge decrease in my sex drive and energy levels. My anxiety isn’t higher but my depression level is. I’ve gained 10 pounds regardless of my physically active job, rigorous workouts and attention to nutrition. Those “PMS cravings” that we experience are far more often for me now then before. I was concerned because I’ve had a lot of spotting in between periods or breakthrough bleeding for days at a time and I did see other reviews with similar reactions. I will say, we have not used another form of protection and I’m not pregnant so there’s that. I plan to switch to Mirena this month because the negative effects are not worth the few positive.”

Awful · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2019

For Birth Control: “Hi. I started Vienva because my boyfriend and I had decided we wanted to try having unprotected sex. The Vienva was the worst experience of my life. I'm the happiest girl in the world- always laughing and smiling. But Vienva just completely flipped a switch in me. I'm miserable, I can't concentrate, and my anxiety is through the roof. I feel terrible and I'm always crying-- AND I'M NOT A CRIER. Do not take this birth control PLEASE. I didn't think it would affect me like this but it has. Save yourself.”

Motherof3 · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been on several pill birth control and recently after my third child I had the IUD inserted. I hated it and got it removed and was switched to Vienva. I was horrified to see all the bad comments but pleasantly surprised I am on my 4th week and feel better than ever! No more mood swings, cystic acne, painful sex, weight gain I had with the IUD. Sticking with Vienva”

Lindeebean · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “Let's start off by saying this has prevented pregnancy. BUT, my anxiety, depression, acne, and weight gain have sky-rocketed. Every time I think my acne is gone it comes right back, and I'm 21 years old. I get anxiety just by eating in front of someone because I over-think how I'm eating. I've gained almost 15 pounds just from being on this (NONE of it being in my blogs). I have also noticed a plummeted sex drive and less "lubrication" than before. My motivation to do things I used to love doing all the time now only comes in waves. I've also experienced random breakthrough bleeding which freaked me out. UUGGHHH I have to take 5 more months of this rubbish before I switch to Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I'm very upset.”

pvt!406 · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2019

For Birth Control: “I got switched from avianne to Vienva. My pharmacist said it was the same thing so I took it. I’m switching pharmacies to go back on avianne after taking Vienva for just one month. I already have bad anxiety and this pill just made me even more anxious than ever. I cry for literally the smallest things, can’t control my emotions, and have been so so grumpy and lashing out towards everyone. This is not me at all, I feel very depressed, moody, and angry all the time. Will be taking avianne again because avianne truly made me feel normal. I do NOT recommend Vienva at all. It’s not worth it. Ladies do not take this pill if you want to stay sane. Would rate 0 if I could ”

Beary · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2019

For Birth Control: “Not exaggerating—this pill gave me acne, makes me feel depressed and moody more than half of each day (no history of depression), took away almost all interest in sex (unusual for me), and doesn’t even keep my periods regular. Please do not take this brand.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2019

For Birth Control: “Started this BC a few months before getting married. First year on the pill was great. Second year has been more challenging: I have noticed weight gain, but I have also had a change in activity level so hard to tell what has caused the change. Mood swings have definitely been apparent (crying for no reason when my husband wants to go ice skating with me, which I love doing. Also more irritable. However, increased consistent exercise has helped the mood swings (30 min a day 5-6xs/week). Most recent possible side effect has been difficulty sleeping...I am usually a deep sleeper and hard to arouse, but recently I have been half awake and dreaming or waking throughout the night. Being half awake while dreaming can be scary and has lead to night terrors and bouts of screaming out loud in the middle of the night. Not positive this is birth control related, but noticed these sleep side effects more when on the active pill compared to placebo week. Despite the bad, I prefer Vienva to Stronyx.”

Tori · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. I recently switched to this pill after my period got off track from my last pill. 3 weeks into taking it, I started getting EXTREME anxiety. Something I’d never experienced before. It cause issues in my relationship because I was trying to hide them. I thought I was going crazy and couldn’t hide them anymore. I was crying all the time for no reason, feeling scared, and nervous. It wasn’t until my friends told me to research the new pill that I realized I wasn’t just randomly going crazy. Lots of people experience the same feelings. I don’t wish this level of anxiety on anyone. I’m stopping the pill and hoping it doesn’t take long to return to normal.”

this pill ain’t it chief · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2018

For Birth Control: “This is my first time on birth control and it has been THE WORST experience of my life. Month one was fine, I had nausea and threw up some but nothing over bearing. Now I'm at the end of month two and I'm completely over this pill! I have nausea everyday, I feel like I have to throw up all the time, I got my first ever yeast infection, I have had extreme bloating for days at a time, and also I am experiencing pain while having sex. After sex I’m in so much pain I just want to cry and it could’ve only been 5 minutes. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. I thought it was all in my head but I’m so glad I’m not the only one whose experienced these things. Also my mental health has been messed up. My fiancé even said I’ve been moody and filled with anxiety, avoid this method and try something else. Only gave this a 1 because I’m not pregnant.”

pots · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2018

For Birth Control: “Vienva was the first form of birth control I have ever taken and I honestly loved it. It gave me minimal side affects, just a little bit of weight gain and very tiny breakouts around my chin, nothing too bad. Overall I've been having unprotected sex since the second week I was on it and never had a pregnancy scare!”

Dangerous drug! · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2018

For Birth Control: “This garbage has completely destroyed my system. PLEASE seek a replacement if you start feeling off! This garbage has changed who I am mentally and physically. I was “giving it a chance” for my body to adjust but it has put me into insane bouts of depression and uncontrollable mood swings (as in bawling my eyes out and then rage screaming the next.) I’ve gained weight, have acne, a yeast infection, spotting, etc. This “birth control “ pill is DANGEROUS.”

Innocentbystander November 30, 2018

For Birth Control: “This birth control pill ruined my life. I was taking Alesse then was prescribed Vienva once I moved countries and being told it’s the US “equivalent” to Alesse. I had no problems with Alesse besides minor mood shifts and a total weight gain of 1-2 lbs which is fine and I was able to sustainably use Alesse for years. Comparing that to being on Vienva for 3 months was a completely different story... I gained 15-17 lbs within a little over a month, and I am a petite 125lb woman. In addition, I lost all my sexual libido, was irritable and depressed, had massive mood swings constantly, and I lost interest in the gym, work, and all general home personal life. My self confidence had been shattered. I have since refused to take any more pills or refills of my prescription for Vienva and will never endorse that brand. It has been 9 months since I have been off the medication and I am still struggling to lose all the weight I have gained from this dreaded pill.”

Jazzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2018

For Birth Control: “I started this birth control 3 months ago. Apart from migraines here and there and some discomfort with sexual intercourse at times, this birth control has done wonders for me! I don’t have any nausea or vomiting plus my period cramps have vanished which is great. I was terrified of the previous reviews but it all depends on the person. I am 20 and this is my first time ever on birth control so I’m amazed!”

epeejay November 29, 2018

For Birth Control: “I wanted to do this review for anyone who has just started this medicine. I’m 28 years old and have only tried birth control when I was 23 for a 2-week period and hated it. I wanted to try again so I was prescribed the Vienva. So far I have taken mine for 8-days. I waited for all the awful side effects I had seen in many reviews but have had few. The worst side effect I experienced was the nausea. Some days so bad my mouth would salivate and I would tremble. I have not experienced any noticeable effects on my mood, no headaches, no anxiety or depression, or any breakthrough bleeding. I’m honestly surprised as being someone whose basically never taken BC on the norm, I haven’t experience any worse side effects. I’ve also had a decrease in appetite and have noticed no effects on my sex drive either. So though it is still early, I feel like this is going to be a really good option for me.”

Babygirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 27, 2018

For Birth Control: “Side effects are nausea, migraines and pain with intercourse. This birth control pill has way too many side effects to even be considered useful to me. I would rather go without then have to go another day using this pill”

yonoono · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2018

For Birth Control: “I started this BC because my sister was on it and had had no problems. But when I came to this site and saw the reviews, I was terrified! The reviews made me worry that this was going to plunge me back into my depression and hit me in the worst way. But I'm glad to report it's done none of that. Even though I have the usual moodiness, I have no pains throughout the month, no depression uptake, not pregnant, and my period cramps are SO MUCH BETTER. I know everyone's different, but here to say this BC isn't bad for everyone.”

Trist October 31, 2018

For Birth Control: “This drug gave me severe anxiety and headaches”

Wine&Dine · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 17, 2018

For Birth Control: “I started Vienva birth control about 6 months ago due to a job change causing my insurance to switch me from Lessina to Vienva. I always looks through this website for birth control reviews and I have to say I was absolutely terrified that I had switched to Vienva. I completely understand that we all have different experiences but I would like to share that I had absolutely no side effects with this medication. No acne, no weight gain - in fact I’ve lost 10 pounds from exercise and eating better and do not feel this birth control has interfered with my weight loss, no mood swings, no change in sex drive and most of all not pregnant. My periods average 4-5 days but I usually skip the placebo pills starting the new pack right away. Give it a try and keep in mind everyone reacts differently.”

Saj29 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2018

For Birth Control: “As almost every comment I have read, this is the worst birth control I have taken. My prescription also randomly changed over. I am tired all the time along with crying. I have never felt this way before on my other pills. Also I have completely no sex drive and it is driving me nuts. I suggest staying away from this one.”

Lo · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2018

For Birth Control: “This is the absolute WORST birth control in the world. The nausea is unbearable. I’ve had to leave work from being so nauseous. Nausea every day, I can barely handle it. The only good thing is I didn’t get pregnant. I’m throwing this birth control away and using other methods/asking my doctor to switch it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2018

For Birth Control: “I DO NOT WISH THIS BRAND UPON ANYONE!! I’m so mad that I didn’t look up the side affects of Vienva sooner! I have been getting so mad at my boyfriend, sleeping for almost 10 hours every night and not wanting to get up, breaking out, having the WORST cramps ever (which was why I wanted to take birth control Bc I’ve always had bad cramps) randomly crying and feeling like a piece of garbage all the time. I am not taking one more pill and I can’t believe I have put up with this pill for so long !!”

Taylor26 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2018

For Birth Control: “I have given this birth control 3 months to work. I have lost interest in sex or the Gym. I have big painful zits under my lower lip/chin that I never had. I bled for two weeks straight during my second pack (my period is usually 2-3 days) and the worst is how anxious I am!!! I snap at my boyfriend and worry and feel down. These negative emotions are worst the first week in the pack. I will now try yaz next”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2018

For Birth Control: “As others mentioned, This can raise your blood pressure. I was on it for only 3 weeks and my BP hiked up to 145/92. Also gained 5 lb in that short amount of time and my face broke out. (A 36 year old woman with pimples...Seriously.) The blood pressure issue was the deal breaker though so I quit. No way was I waiting around for a stroke!”