User Reviews for Vienva (Page 3)

Birth Control 4.0

Reviews for Vienva

Lynn · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 24, 2019

For Birth Control: “This Vienva birth control has been great for me. I've taken Aviane which is the brand name for a year and I've been on Vienva for 7 years. I started taking birth control when I was 15 due to missed periods and horrible cramping. I took Lo Loestrin FE at first, that was awful for me the hormones weren't strong enough. Then my doctor put me on this and it's wonderful. The only side effect I ever had and only twice was horrible vomiting when I forgot to take a pill for more than 12 hours. That has not happened since and I've taken the pill everyday at the same time for at least two year now with no mistakes. Please note that EVERY WOMAN IS DIFFERENT. So many people on here are saying this is a horrible medication and it is not. It's what works for you.”

Casey · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “Worst. Cramps. Ever. I started taking this to get control over my period but now I bleed for 2 weeks at a time which is insane and its HEAVY bleeding all 12 days! The cramps are so bad it'll make me stop what I'm doing and curl into a ball because of so much pain! I'm 5'2, 130lbs and am fairly active.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Birth Control: “On Vienva I had paralyzing and incapacitating out of the blue anxiety and panic attacks, unable to catch breath, unable to be in ones own skin. Uncontrollable moodiness with prolonged unrelenting crying spells out of the blue for no reason what so ever. Increased acne on face and developed painful bottom acne which I’ve never had acne any place prior but my face.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 26, 2019

For Birth Control: “I love this Vienva pill! I've been on it for a year now and I have not experienced any side effects, minus being a little moodier than I used to be. Keep in mind, I'm 19 yr/old, am around 5'0", and weigh around 115lbs. From what I've read from other reviews, this pill works best for women of a certain age/weight though I'm not sure around which age/weight that would be specifically. Overall, it's been pretty good and if your stature even a little similar to mines, give it a chance!”

T · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 24, 2019

For Birth Control: “Love this Vienva contraceptive pill. My periods are so regular. No side effects.”

Tuss · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2019

For Birth Control: “When I first started taking Vienva (Generic of Aviane, Orsythia, Lutera) I could instantly feel my mood change. I've become very moody/irritable and its made my anxiety much worse. Now three months in, I've been bleeding for 12 days straight and haven't gotten a goodnights sleep in weeks.”

Sonia · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on the Vienva pill for about two years. It made my period delightfully regular (though it would start four days into the placebo week), and I didn't experience any side effects apart from heavier bleeding.”

margaretlou May 20, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been taking this the Vienva pill for a week and can't stand it, I'm switching tomorrow. I have cried so much and felt so depressed and anxious that it has exhausted me. I have never felt this sad all the time. It's seriously unbearable. DO NOT take this pill, the side effects are awful, I can't believe that they still write prescriptions for it.”

Char · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2019

For Birth Control: “I remember I started this pill about a little over a year ago for primary dysmenorrhea because I had crippling cramps at random times of the month, and upon finding this review site I was terrified of what I read. However, I honestly did not experience that many terrible side effects on this pill (everyone is different of course). It made my acne a little bit worse, especially on my forehead, and I felt nauseous the first week but it was my first birth control pill type (nausea is pretty typical I think) - and the best bit was my terrible cramps stopped! I had to switch though because I was spotting between periods, and I wanted to search for something to help with my acne more. But overall, if I hadn't had pretty consistent spotting, I would have stuck with it.”

Cobaltbabe83 May 12, 2019

For Birth Control: “At 35 years old and out of all bc pills I have ever used, low dose levonorgestrel worked best for me. Never any bad side effects, no babies and makes my periods lighter and shorter. Lutera was my favorite until a manufacturer change. I just recently got a new scrip for Vienva and been on it less than a week now. Switched from a minipill back to a combo. My moods were out of control, hair was fragile, I bled for 3 weeks and it only got heavier. Became very nauseous and anemic. I was never late or missed pills. Ever since the switch back I have never felt better. Moods mellowed and the bleeding has almost stopped. Skin has stayed clear, hair is healthier and no fluid retention. One thing I have noticed however, is I get more dehydrated and sweets have been making me sick. I will update you ladies again in a few months. So far this pill is worth a try. Glad my dr listened to my concerns and put me back on the right pill.”

jvarga · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2019

For Birth Control: “I had the worst periods. Cramps, nausea, dizziness, heavy bleeding, long periods, all of it. I gave in at 25 years old and went to get birth control for the first time in my life. Dr gave me Vienva and I was scared reading reviews, but I had to try it myself. I took the pill at night two hours before bedtime just in case I did get side effects and I did go #2 more times than usual in the mornings at the beginning, but that was it. I didn't gain weight, wasn't "depressed," none of it. I am finishing my first period on it and it took two and a half days to start bleeding and I had minimal cramps and consistent regular bleeding. I had a semi-heavy day on the third day but nothing excessive. I am going to start my new pack today and I am still spotting, hopefully it stops by tomorrow.”

Jacks April 30, 2019

For Birth Control: “This pill made me bleed for 12 days straight. It didn't give me too much nausea which was a plus, but I did feel very sad and depressed. Of course this was my experience, everybody is different.”

Jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2019

For Birth Control: “Be careful taking this medication. My pharmacy changed brands when I picked up my refill. I took Vienva for 2 months and starting feeling different after the first month but didn’t realize it was from the new pill. Originally felt lethargic and tired and thought I was getting sick but that soon spread into not wanting to do anything, and feeling anxious and moody (not normal for me). My blood pressure got so high in such a quick time and I gained almost 15 lbs. I switched back to my old one before even starting my 3rd pack and feel 100% better. Be careful if you take this and notice changes, especially with your blood pressure. Don’t be so quick to write them off as I did.”

Ganda April 9, 2019

For Birth Control: “Took Vienya to regulate my period and prevent pregnancy. First couple weeks were fine. After that I started to have very bad mood swings and was always tired. Though I think it made my skin look better? And then my second month, I started to experience depression. Oh my goodness I can't believe it. You know how they say depression is not the same as when you're "sad"? That is very true because I felt that. It was so bad and it also didn't help regulate my period. Don't even try it.”

pink22 · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2019

For Birth Control: “I absolutely love Vienva birth control, it is the best I have tried. Lo loestrin and Yaz didn’t work for me. So far no side effects just a little bloating. Really happy with this.”

FoxyRoxyy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “I posted a review Feb20 on here. Update: I am considering switching to another pill. After 4 months, I started feeling really dizzy/nauseous randomly throughout the day. To say the least, this exacerbated my anxiety to the max. I haven’t had a decent night’s sleep in a long time because of the anxiety. I feel really dizzy all the time and my neck feels tense. I was having a good experience with this pill until the past two months. Anxiety is wild y’all.”

Amoney · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2019

For Birth Control: “Read these reviews before going on Vienva and didn't believe it one bit ...until it happened to me. WORST BC EVER save yourself please. I never got cramps from my period and now this pill makes it worse and increased my migraines. It makes me extremely sensitive and emotional which is not me at all , and has given me the worst 2 months of depression and overthinking and insecurities. Please do not take this pill and save your mental health because this pill made me feel like I was a crybaby and crazy.”

Jayjay · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 27, 2019

For Birth Control: “Started taking birth control 6 years ago. Originally started with a different brand but I've been taking Vienva for a couple years now and haven't had a problem. My periods have gotten lighter and lighter as expected with taking any birth control for long periods of time. I think you have to consider that any birth control might give you typical side effects, mood swings, bloating, acne, head aches, etc. It just depends on how YOUR body reacts. I felt more side effects when I was on the first brand I tried and actually prefer Vienva. Everyone's different. Don't hesitate to try something. If it doesn't work out you can always switch.”

Ioanna · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2019

For Birth Control: “For almost 2 years, I never had any problems regarding side effects with any birth control pill, even if my PCP or insurance switches to a different generic brand. THEN, it was changed to Vienva last November. It was okay for a month then come December, I put on a little bit of weight which was okay for me since I’ve been trying to gain a little. After that I continued to rapidly gain weight until March. I didn’t change my diet, I even signed up for kick boxing. My periods were much much less which was good, but I’ve been having break outs too which I don’t experience even if I sleep with make up on and have less than 5 hours of sleep. I’ve been a little moody too and have been so bloated since December. It was an unpleasant 4 months and I didn’t wait to finish my set of pills I just started taking a new brand I requested because I just don’t want to take it anymore. I hate it!!!”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been on the pill for 2 years and the brand I used gets switched pretty often, but I haven't had any trouble with any other brands except this Vienva brand. Its the worst brand I have ever used. I never cry yet ever but since I started taking Vienva I break out crying for no reason, I'm also bloated all the time and I get stomach pains. I do NOT recommend this brand of birth control.”

Elizabeth · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “Worst pill ever! I mean it! Please make sure you consult with your primary care before starting so they can go over your health history as well. I switched to this pill and have been having severe migraines for two weeks now. I’m also more anxious than before and irritable (my poor boyfriend). I stopped taking this pill and have had the best two days in the last 2 weeks!”

Julie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2019

For Birth Control: “This is the second pill I’ve been put on due to switching clinics and it’s awful. Worsened my depression and anxiety and makes me so irritable. I’m not sure if it’s coincidental or not, but I’ve never weighed more in my life than I do right now and I’m a fairly small person that has a hard time putting on weight. Also, my period has been irregular the entire 6 months of taking it and I’m almost always spotting. What’s the point of having contraceptive if I can’t even have/enjoy sex because I’m bleeding a majority of the time??? I never had this problem with my old prescription. This pill is literally the stem of all my problems and I cannot wait to switch.”

Clarissa February 26, 2019

For Birth Control: “Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience either. I had to change from Orysthia to Vienva and honestly both gave me bad side effects. I had monthly horrible migraines, horrible bloating and stomach pains and I've also started not being able to sleep well and would have dreams that I actually yell out when I used to never do that. I've gotten randomly depressed since taking any general birth control and would break down crying for no reason and wanted life to end. I thought it was some personal problem but after reading many of these other reviews, I see that I'm not the only one.”

FoxyRoxyy February 20, 2019

For Birth Control: “So I’ve been on Vienva for 4 months now. When I barely started this birth control I was scared and I searched it up on here, and I saw the horrible reviews. So I talked my friends about it, and they told me that people are MOST likely to review when they have a bad experience with something. And it’s true, because if you’re having a good time with a medication you don’t ever consider going and reviewing it. So I decided to give it a try at least for a couple of months. The first month, I experienced moodiness and headaches & nausea. I wasn’t surprised because I was taking hormones and that’s what hormones can do. My withdrawal bleeds are shorter (3-4 days instead of 5-7) my experience has been mostly positive! You never know until you try:) I hope I helped someone who’s about to start on birth control!”

Salt February 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “Prior to taking this contraceptive, I suffered with OCD anxiety—but definitely not to the extent that this pill brought out of me. After two months of taking it, I spent could spend hours shaking uncontrollably, crying, experiencing intense intrusive thoughts, went into a depression, and for those of you who know what that's like—your head is working AGAINST you in every way possible. I highly recommend trying a different pill, because I wouldn't wish my experience with this on absolutely anyone. Easily the worst feelings and effects I've had in my life, and I know it was the birth control that did this to me because after a few months of stopping it I noticed that my normal anxiety was back and that I wasn't having constant panic attacks. Around my period time now, it's almost like I experience it all over again because that's how much it messed with me. Please be careful!”