User Reviews for Vienva

Birth Control 3.9

Reviews for Vienva

S July 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been through the nightmare that is birth control for the last 2 years I have tried 6 different BC’s and had horrible side effects from all of them including bipolar depression, mood swings, weight gain, hair loss, loss of sex drive, horrible cramping. I was put on VIENVA 3 months ago and was nervous because of negative reviews. All was going well, my sex drive was back up (I’m 26 and in a happy loving long term relationship!) but I ended my period a week ago and 3 days ago I started having some slight spotting, on the 2nd day I started bleeding HEAVILY and here we are on the 3rd and I am still bleeding! I have never in my life had breakthrough bleeding but this is like I’m having a 2nd period! Horrible cramps, full on 2nd period of the month! I will be switching. Again, everything else was amazing about this pill. It made me feel normal again, high sex drive, no side effects, until this third month when I’ve been excessively bleeding even after my period.”

dh · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started using this pill about 2 months ago. I’ve only used birth control this time and another time about 2 years ago. The first time was fine I didn’t have any side effects whats so ever (but then again it was a different pill) so I decided to go back on the pill again. I got prescribed Vienva from the pill club. The first 2 weeks of taking it I would wake up every morning with extreme nausea, my moods swings starting getting really bad and starting affecting my relationship. I felt like I was starting to get depressed. Last night I got an overwhelming feeling of sadness out of NO WHERE and starting crying uncontrollably sobbing in the shower. I’ve NEVER done that before and that for me was the last straw. I’m not pregnant no it works I guess”

bella · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I have really bad anxiety and depression and I told my doctor this and told her I didn’t want a birth control that would make it worse and she put me on this birth control. I look up all the reviews and everyone is saying it made them depressed but I decided to try it anyways because I know medicine works differently on everyone. So I started the medicine and it made my depression and anxiety so bad I started getting suicidal and self harm thoughts which I haven’t had in awhile. I also have completely no sex drive and when orgasm was only small. I only took the medicine for 2 weeks and then I stopped it. I’ve been bleeding and spotting and I’m not on my period and I’ve been off of it for over a week. I don’t recommend you take this if you have mental health problems.”

sadgirl June 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “This pill hasn’t given me any bad side effects besides weight gain and a LOT of bloating. It made me gain 6+ pounds (probably from water retention) after the first month of taking it. I’ve generally never had a problem with losing weight, but this is the least confident in my body that I’ve ever felt. I never had issues with weight gain when I had the IUD. Will be asking my doctor to change my prescription. However, different birth control works individually and affects every body differently, so take this review with a grain of salt! Just sharing my personal experience with it.”

Lovebird_20 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “I read reviews on this birth control Vienva after it was prescribed to me and I was concerned already. I went through The Pill Club and they encouraged me to take it for a short time anyway because everyone has different experiences. Many reviews said that Vienva caused them acne and this is what I was concerned about. For about the first week of taking the pill I got bad headaches soon after taking them but those soon stopped. However, I took them for the recommended 3 months and began to have large, horrible acne. I am used to hormonal acne around my period but with this birth control my skin was getting worse and worse. I decided to stop use all together.”

JLT · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 26, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have gained an unwanted 20 pounds in 1 year after being on this pill and am struggling to lose the weight. I did not experience this kind of weight gain with other birth control pills. Break through bleeding was more common with this birth control pill too. I will be stopping!”

sunsurfer62 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started vienva in September 2019. For the first month I expected constant mood swings affecting me almost solely at night and abdominal soreness. After my first 3 weeks and skipping the placebos, I fell into a depression that was NOT pre existing. This cost me personal relationships. Other symptoms included cramping, loss of appetite, headaches ( not to me mention 14 days of break through bleeding) I didn’t get pregnant though.”

Cari · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “Just started and have had breakthrough bleeding since. I’m really hoping this ends soon because my last birth control had me very sick and I’m scared I’ll have an issue with this bc also. I know it’s a trial and error thing until you find a bc that works but this is very annoying and kinda scary too”

Eve · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was taking this birth control for around 6 months, and there was major change. For the first 2 months my breasts were very sore as if I was about to get my period, but it was constant. The rest of the time was normal, but I saw that I was a bit more hormonal then usual, and my sex drive went significantly down. My body usually adjusts to birth control very quickly so my periods were regulated after taking this medication within second month, and my periods were constant from then on. Everyone’s body is different so it might react differently. I had to get off this pill though because my doctor thinks that it might be affecting my blood pressure, so if you have high blood pressure in your family, ask your doctor first!”

Skinnnn · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’m taking birth control for acne. I’ve tried a few other brands before this but had to quit within weeks because I got severely depressed (I don’t have pre existing depression when I’m not on BC) I have been on Vienva for 1.5 months now and I haven’t experienced the mood swings that I did with other brands. Like I said, I’m trying to use BC to clear my skin, and so far this has done a decent job. I’d say it’s reduced the acne by about 40% but I’m sure it will keep getting better as time goes on. I am trying to skip the sugar pills to skip my period. the pms symptoms that week (back pain, stomach ache, irritability) were worse than usual however I barely bled so that’s good.”

Waffle house · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2020

For Birth Control: “Started and for two months I am very conscious of the placebo affect and not pysching myself out. But I have noticed I get bad acne now, I get very upset and very sad sporadically which is not normal of me, I get angry also for periods and my hair is much thinner. I can’t feel much bloating but perhaps I haven’t paid close enough attention to that. My weight has remained the same. My periods are just dark blood not incredibly painful at all very “normal” Only real noticeable complaint is truly the acne which I never get and the minor mood swings. I’ll give it a longer shot and will update”

Alex · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 26, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've taken Vienva for 6 months and am about to change my prescription. My symptoms include constipation, bloating, uneven skin texture, back pain, large clots in period, and the most irritating, increase in breast size. They have become so large and heavy and SAGGING over the span of my time on this pill. I've also had next to no sex drive. Typically I would get dark brown clots for 2-3 days before my period started, and then my regular period would still be mostly clots.”

nickname300 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2020

For Birth Control: “This pill started out fine with some minor side effects that I was told I would adjust to. Everything got worse with time. I wake up trembling with anxiety most mornings, I always look/feel pregnant, I cry over EVERYTHING so much so that it’s ruining my professional life at work as I cannot control the waterworks. My sex drive is gone and I am honestly terrified to give any other pill a try just because of the experiences I have had on this one.”

Subiechick February 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “Okay, so I’ve been on the pill for about 6 months. I don’t know if it’s breakthrough bleeding but ever since the week BEFORE Christmas... I am STILL on my period, at first it was light but ever since then, I’ve had my light period but it’s heavy at the same time, it’s uncomfortable because it’s now February and I still have my period and I feel like it’s gotten heavier. I never has any side effects, I mean lately my mood had been different, but I think it’s because I’ve started drinking water, I’ve been working out more and lately I have been stressed, so I think it’s just a MIXTURE of a lot of subjects because. When I first started, I was doing fine, no cramps at all, light bleeding WHEN I got my period, no headaches. When I started my pill I do remember being at work and feeling very very nausea, but that was a random day, then it stopped. I knew it was because the pill. Best part is no cramps.”

BB Kiddo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 26, 2020

For Birth Control: “I am not that happy with the Vienva because of the breakthrough bleed and big-as blood clots I am getting. I am 46 and will be 47 in November and figure I am showing signs of perimenopause. The clots have made me feel funny and dizzy. I am afraid of bleeding at work. On the upside, when I get my period the cramps aren't so bad.”

Kat January 21, 2020

For Birth Control: “This was horrible. Random spotting, piercing headaches, lots of acne, and very tired. I tried it for 4 months giving my body time to acclimate. It was awful. I had to get it changed because I was just so tired all the time and my face was constantly covered in pimples even though I’ve never had any.”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2020

For Birth Control: “I took this pill for 2 weeks (transitioned from another pill) and I literally experienced the worst bloating of my life 2 weeks into the pill. I looked pregnant. I went to the ER due to the bloating and constipation. I experienced nausea, bloating, constipation, a depressive mood, and I felt super tired and weak, almost as if I had the flu. I couldn't even finish the pack. Now that it's been 2-3 days since I've been off the pill I feel like a normal person again. I was finally able to pass stool and pass gas. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL IF YOU HAVE INDIGESTION OR CONSTIPATION because it will make it worse.”

Em January 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on the Vienva pill for two months. I read so many reviews and was scared to take it because of all of the side effects everyone seems to have, but I decided to take it anyway. My boobs have grown a full size (from C to D), and that is the only place my body has gained weight. I will say though, they were VERY sore and sensitive everyday for about a month. Now they don’t bother me but they will be tender here and there. The pill has not made me feel nauseous or get migraines, but I will say it does make me more gassy and use the bathroom more. I went on this pill in the hopes that I would not have too many cramps when I get my period, and BOY did this pill exceed my expectations! I did not get any cramps and I bled very lightly! (I’m 19, 5’1 and weigh 125 so honestly my period would keep me bed ridden with cramps and very heavy bleeding, especially because I’m on the petite side). I overall love the pill and will continue to stay on it”

Annon. · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 15, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've taken Aviane the past 5 years (I recently switched to using pillclub and they don't offer it that brand) and Vienva is the equivalent so I gave it a try. I love it. No side effects at all. No mood swings, weight gain, breakouts. I 100% recommend it.”

Anonymous January 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “Horrible, I hate these birth control pills Vienva. They have made me nauseous every morning, gave me headaches for a good week or so and will get really bad mood swings and make me feel so emotional sometimes. As soon as I finish this pack I will change to a different brand, or maybe even sooner because I can’t deal with this. Oh not to forget to mention, I’ve been bleeding since I got my period and have not stopped, I got my period over a week ago... without the pills my period will only last a few days 4 days tops.”

Anonymous January 8, 2020

For Birth Control: “This was my first birth control experience, I’m 40 and just wanted a low dose BC that would help with ovulation and PMS symptoms. I lasted 10 days. Although it did keep me from experiencing another ovarian cyst during ovulation, I had horrible migraines from day 3, numbness in the left side of my face, immediate weight gain (5lbs in a week) and a bit of night time anxiety. My doctor switched me today and I’ll start the mini pill tonight. If you struggle with anxiety, headaches or are sensitive to estrogen this pill may not be a good fit.”

A · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 28, 2019

For Birth Control: “Vienva is the second birth control that I've been on and I don't really have any complaints. Despite the other reviews, I haven't had any bad side effects or anything so just make sure to consult with your doctor. I'm probably going to stay on this one as long as my insurance keeps covering it.”

Lady · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “I didn’t have any issues with this birth control. It was the first one I was put on so I don’t have many to compare it to, but overall I never had an issue with it. It made my periods a lot shorter and lighter (from 7 days and extreme pain to 4 days and moderate pain.) I did gain a bit of weight and it didn’t help with my acne too much, but I was mostly looking for something to help my periods which it did. I just recently switched due to manufacturing issues but hopefully it comes back!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Vienva for exactly a month now and I am definitely switching. I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow already. This pill has made my migraines 10x worse. The migraines will last anywhere from 24-36 hrs straight along with nausea, tiredness, dizziness, throbbing head pain, and mild mood swings. I had awful cramps within the first week of taking it and my period lasted 15 days. This pill is just awful. I will never take Vienva again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 13, 2019

For Birth Control: “I started taking this Vienva birth control pill in July of 2019 and I read the whole package and all the side effects, now I’m 5 months in and still get really bad headaches, I get nauseous randomly, my period this month is very late and I’m panicking because of it. I have my 6 month follow up at the end of this month and want to switch as this is awful. I know everyone says that not everyone has the same affects, but I keep reading and most people reviewing it have the same effects as I am. I gave it a 2 because it kept me from popping a kid out.”