User Reviews for Vienva

Birth Control
3.3

Summary of Vienva reviews 3.3 75 reviews

Reviews for Vienva

For Birth Control "This garbage has completely destroyed my system. PLEASE seek a replacement if you start feeling off! This garbage has changed who I am mentally and physically. I was “giving it a chance” for my body to adjust but it has put me into insane bouts of depression and uncontrollable mood swings (as in bawling my eyes out and then rage screaming the next.) I’ve gained weight, have acne, a yeast infection, spotting, etc. This “birth control “ pill is DANGEROUS."

Dangerous drug! (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control pill ruined my life. I was taking Alesse then was prescribed Vienva once I moved countries and being told it’s the US “equivalent” to Alesse. I had no problems with Alesse besides minor mood shifts and a total weight gain of 1-2 lbs which is fine and I was able to sustainably use Alesse for years. Comparing that to being on Vienva for 3 months was a completely different story... I gained 15-17 lbs within a little over a month, and I am a petite 125lb woman. In addition, I lost all my sexual libido, was irritable and depressed, had massive mood swings constantly, and I lost interest in the gym, work, and all general home personal life. My self confidence had been shattered. I have since refused to take any more pills or refills of my prescription for Vienva and will never endorse that brand. It has been 9 months since I have been off the medication and I am still struggling to lose all the weight I have gained from this dreaded pill."

Innocentbystander November 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control 3 months ago. Apart from migraines here and there and some discomfort with sexual intercourse at times, this birth control has done wonders for me! I don’t have any nausea or vomiting plus my period cramps have vanished which is great. I was terrified of the previous reviews but it all depends on the person. I am 20 and this is my first time ever on birth control so I’m amazed!"

Jazzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I wanted to do this review for anyone who has just started this medicine. I’m 28 years old and have only tried birth control when I was 23 for a 2-week period and hated it. I wanted to try again so I was prescribed the Vienva. So far I have taken mine for 8-days. I waited for all the awful side effects I had seen in many reviews but have had few. The worst side effect I experienced was the nausea. Some days so bad my mouth would salivate and I would tremble. I have not experienced any noticeable effects on my mood, no headaches, no anxiety or depression, or any breakthrough bleeding. I’m honestly surprised as being someone whose basically never taken BC on the norm, I haven’t experience any worse side effects. I’ve also had a decrease in appetite and have noticed no effects on my sex drive either. So though it is still early, I feel like this is going to be a really good option for me."

epeejay November 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Side effects are nausea, migraines and pain with intercourse. This birth control pill has way too many side effects to even be considered useful to me. I would rather go without then have to go another day using this pill"

Babygirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this BC because my sister was on it and had had no problems. But when I came to this site and saw the reviews, I was terrified! The reviews made me worry that this was going to plunge me back into my depression and hit me in the worst way. But I'm glad to report it's done none of that. Even though I have the usual moodiness, I have no pains throughout the month, no depression uptake, not pregnant, and my period cramps are SO MUCH BETTER. I know everyone's different, but here to say this BC isn't bad for everyone."

yonoono (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "This drug gave me severe anxiety and headaches"

Trist October 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Vienva birth control about 6 months ago due to a job change causing my insurance to switch me from Lessina to Vienva. I always looks through this website for birth control reviews and I have to say I was absolutely terrified that I had switched to Vienva. I completely understand that we all have different experiences but I would like to share that I had absolutely no side effects with this medication. No acne, no weight gain - in fact I’ve lost 10 pounds from exercise and eating better and do not feel this birth control has interfered with my weight loss, no mood swings, no change in sex drive and most of all not pregnant. My periods average 4-5 days but I usually skip the placebo pills starting the new pack right away. Give it a try and keep in mind everyone reacts differently."

Wine&Dine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2018

For Birth Control "As almost every comment I have read, this is the worst birth control I have taken. My prescription also randomly changed over. I am tired all the time along with crying. I have never felt this way before on my other pills. Also I have completely no sex drive and it is driving me nuts. I suggest staying away from this one."

Saj29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the absolute WORST birth control in the world. The nausea is unbearable. I’ve had to leave work from being so nauseous. Nausea every day, I can barely handle it. The only good thing is I didn’t get pregnant. I’m throwing this birth control away and using other methods/asking my doctor to switch it."

Lo (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I DO NOT WISH THIS BRAND UPON ANYONE!! I’m so mad that I didn’t look up the side affects of Vienva sooner! I have been getting so mad at my boyfriend, sleeping for almost 10 hours every night and not wanting to get up, breaking out, having the WORST cramps ever (which was why I wanted to take birth control Bc I’ve always had bad cramps) randomly crying and feeling like a piece of garbage all the time. I am not taking one more pill and I can’t believe I have put up with this pill for so long !!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I have given this birth control 3 months to work. I have lost interest in sex or the Gym. I have big painful zits under my lower lip/chin that I never had. I bled for two weeks straight during my second pack (my period is usually 2-3 days) and the worst is how anxious I am!!! I snap at my boyfriend and worry and feel down. These negative emotions are worst the first week in the pack. I will now try yaz next"

Taylor26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Birth Control "As others mentioned, This can raise your blood pressure. I was on it for only 3 weeks and my BP hiked up to 145/92. Also gained 5 lb in that short amount of time and my face broke out. (A 36 year old woman with pimples...Seriously.) The blood pressure issue was the deal breaker though so I quit. No way was I waiting around for a stroke!"

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was previously on Aviane BC but was switched to Vienna from a Walgreens pharmacy . Since February to now September I gained 10 pounds which is strange for me because I have the same lifestyle habits. I can’t detect any mental changes. My periods are seeming to be shorter than normal (no complaints there). The weight gain bothers me though and I believe it was this birth control , I’ll be switching soon. My blood pressure is on the low side normally but since the birth control change it has definitely risen. Last but not least , and not that it’s that important but the packing is stupid looking , like a chicklet gum packet."

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Walgreens switched me to Vienva out of the blue. After two months of taking this pill I felt WAY OFF. I’ve never really suffered from acne, but after this pill my whole chin/jaw area was filled with acne. I also lost my sex drive and experienced dryness. To top it off I’ve lost all my motivation to do anything. I just moved to Hawaii and this pill makes me so low and down I just want to stay inside all day. I’ve been on birth control for 6 plus years and this is by far the worst pill I’ve taken. I gave it a 1 because I didn’t gain weight or get pregnant."

Scottie September 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this medicine to help ease some of my menstrual pain and make my periods more regular. It has cut my menstrual pains and cramps down to about 10% of what they were, and I can CHOOSE when to get my period or not to get it at all. How awesome is that? I have experienced zero negative side effects. My quality of life has improved so much."

Pain Free Periods (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on many birth controls as I’m 36, was married at 18 and we had out first child at 20. I’ve never had this kind of reaction, this quickly. I’ve already gained 4 pounds, despite being incapable of eating. The nausea alone is enough for me to quit taking it immediately. I’ve only been on it for four (4) days and I’m absolutely unable to function. The night before last, the severe nausea led me to vomiting more than I’ve ever vomited in a single session. It was a LOT! The past two days I’ve had headaches so bad I’ve been forced to go back to bed. My appetite is gone and I have no desire to even speak. I will not be taking my fifth pill, this evening. I am stopping it immediately and will be bringing these issues up with my doctor at my appointment, this coming Friday. I’m not holding out to see if I come through the side effects or to see if they get worse like most of the reviews here."

MomOf3 September 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this medication for three months starting in May of 2018 switching from Lutera to Vienva but out of the blue three months later I felt off. Jittery inside, hard to breathe so I went to the ER where my Blood Pressure was 189/109 STROKE LEVEL! After some digging I found out my blood pressure at my Last OB visit Dec 17 was 130/84. Then I had an urgent care visit in June 18 which showed my pressure at 139/86 and now Aug 29 it’s 189/109. The ER dr did all the testing and everything came back negative. I’m 36 eat 70% healthy and work out 4 days a week so I was puzzled as to why this is happening to me. This medication is the only answer I can come up with. I have a follow up with my Dr this coming week to get more for sure answers. I have been off the meds now for 4 days and my pressure has gone down to 145/165 back and forth. I just want to know how long until this is out of my system."

Jesse (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve taken a variety of birth control pills for the past 5 years or so. I have never really experienced side effects of any of them until Vienna. I haven’t gained weight since finishing puberty - staying around 105lb - and have gained 15 pounds since being on this pill. My appetite is so huge and I never feel full. Additionally as someone who has also been lucky enough to never really have consistent acne (with the exception of one-off pimples), I have had absolutely horrible cheek acne since being on this pull and have spent hundreds of dollars on face washes, spot treatments, etc. to try and get rid of it. On top of it all I am constantly tired and have lost al motivation for pretty much anything. The reason my OBGYN put me on this is because I asked for a low-hormone pill. Stay away from this!"

Danielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Birth Control "So I’ve been taking Vienva for 8 months and I’ve started to get these white hard under the skin pimple things. I also get my period 2 days before my placebo pills. If I was you don’t take this pill. I will be getting off of this birth control ASAP! Causes depression and makes it impossible for me to loose weight. AVOID taking this!"

None (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started birth control I took this. It wasn't bad I gained some weight but it made me so tired all the time. And also I know for a fact it was the birth control .. when I would go out drinking the next day I would be hungover so bad I wouldn't even be able to drink water without puking. I would puke all day and wouldn't be able to move. The days I wouldn't take it and go out drinking the next day I was fine! I kept forgetting to take the pills and finally switched to nuvaring hopefully this works out better :)"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched from Aviane to Vienva after Walgreens took over for Rite Aid and it has been THE WORST. About a week after starting the first pill I started spotting and then when the placebo week began, I had the worst cramps and heaviest bleeding since I began birth control 12 years ago. I suffer from depression and anxiety and the last month it had been intensified beyond belief. I legitimately feel as if I am losing my mind. My pharmacy is ordering my previous medication. ALWAYS advocate for yourself!"

KB (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m so glad I came across these reviews because I don’t feel so alone now. First of all, I’m only giving this pill a 1 because it didn’t get me pregnant other than that, I’ve never had such a bad experience. Luckily, I didn’t get acne or gain weight. But my mood completely shifted. I became depressed and filled anxiety which isn’t normal for me. I cry all the time for no reason. This pill hasn’t changed my friendships but it has taken a toll on my relationship with my boyfriend. I am constantly mad at him for no reason. I don’t feel like myself anymore. I was going to the gym 5x a week and lost interest in fitness. I originally thought I was mildly depressed but after all of these reviews, I realize now it’s all due to this pill. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone!!!"

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

For Birth Control "My pharmacy switched me from Sronyx to Vienva due to a price increase of Sronyx. I was hesitant, but the pharmacist told me that they were the exact same thing and I shouldn't experience any changes. The first dose, I felt normal. The morning after my second dose I felt terrible. I had severe cramps that forced me to call out sick from work. I spent the day at home with increased anxiety and feeling depressed, something I hadn't felt in years. I genuinely thought I was going crazy. I decided to look up more information on Vienva, where I saw that I wasn't alone in these feelings. It definitely seems like something in this pill aggravates anxiety. Definitely wish my pharmacy would have informed me of this possible side effect. Overall, everyone's body is different but this pill really did not work for me. I will be stopping this pill tonight and going back to my old b.c. pill."

Anon (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Vienva for about a year switching from the first one I’ve ever been on since I was just about 15 . I originally switched because I was concerned about my mood and told my gyno this. So in turn she prescribes Vienva. So far I’ve gained about 10 pounds in a year, my face is starting to scar, the pimples I get are aggressive, my hair is coming out in clumps, I’m always tired, and my mood has not changed. I’m angry because of this."

Chels (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2018

Page 1 2 3

More about Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Aviane, Alesse, Lutera, Levora, ... +42 more