User Reviews for Vienva

Birth Control
4.3

Reviews for Vienva

ABvienva · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2021

For Birth Control: “A teledoc suggested Vienva for me and not knowing much about any BC, I went ahead and had her prescribe it. I then made the mistake of looking at these reviews and they FREAKED me out. I know everyone is different but I do think that people are more inclined to write a review after having a bad experience. So now I’ve been on it for over a month and have literally felt no changes to my body or mental health. No side affects and just a light, short 1st period. I know everyone is different but I‘ve had a positive experience so just wanna be one light in this sea of scary reviews!! Good luck :)”

mochi · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2021

For Birth Control: “PT.1 I've been on Vienva for almost three weeks and I can say its not as bad as I thought it’d be, I was skeptical about it because of all the bad reviews and I was scared I was going to get acne bc of it. But I would say it just get my appetite going in the morning, which I love because I deal with a lot of anxiety and I lose my appetite so much. My boobs are fuller which I'm not complaining and they're a little sore here and there. I do experience a little cramping but it last for like 10 mins. Today I was super emotional but I can never tell if its the birth control or just the people in my house hold LMAO. But before today I was actually kinda happy which makes me happier bc I haven't really been happy in so long. For any ladies trying this I would say to not be scared! But I will update you guys with PT.2 once I finish the first 3 months!”

Truthy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 12, 2020

“These replies are so bad for no reason I've been taking this birth control for almost a year and haven't had any side effects whatsoever: no weight gain, no babies, no head aches, no weird bleeding, no bloating...nothing...This birth control is working out great for me ”

Em January 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on the Vienva pill for two months. I read so many reviews and was scared to take it because of all of the side effects everyone seems to have, but I decided to take it anyway. My boobs have grown a full size (from C to D), and that is the only place my body has gained weight. I will say though, they were VERY sore and sensitive everyday for about a month. Now they don’t bother me but they will be tender here and there. The pill has not made me feel nauseous or get migraines, but I will say it does make me more gassy and use the bathroom more. I went on this pill in the hopes that I would not have too many cramps when I get my period, and BOY did this pill exceed my expectations! I did not get any cramps and I bled very lightly! (I’m 19, 5’1 and weigh 125 so honestly my period would keep me bed ridden with cramps and very heavy bleeding, especially because I’m on the petite side). I overall love the pill and will continue to stay on it”

FoxyRoxyy February 20, 2019

For Birth Control: “So I’ve been on Vienva for 4 months now. When I barely started this birth control I was scared and I searched it up on here, and I saw the horrible reviews. So I talked my friends about it, and they told me that people are MOST likely to review when they have a bad experience with something. And it’s true, because if you’re having a good time with a medication you don’t ever consider going and reviewing it. So I decided to give it a try at least for a couple of months. The first month, I experienced moodiness and headaches & nausea. I wasn’t surprised because I was taking hormones and that’s what hormones can do. My withdrawal bleeds are shorter (3-4 days instead of 5-7) my experience has been mostly positive! You never know until you try:) I hope I helped someone who’s about to start on birth control!”

Kyky · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2021

For Birth Control: “The pill club prescribed me Vienva, and I have been on it for a month now. When I read these reviews last month I was honestly terrified and scared to try it because so many people had awful side effects. But let me tell you, you should give this a chance. You might react completely differently than other people on this. I have had minimal side effects, just a slight increase in acne and I’ve gained maybe a couple pounds. Other than that, I feel completely normal on this! Don’t be terrified by these reviews, you’ll be okay. I’ll come back and update in a few months if I’ve started experiencing any side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 10, 2022

For Birth Control: “Been on it for maybe 2 years. No side effects for me. No hair loss. Cramps are rare, periods are shorter. No acne. I’m 19 been using this since my senior year. I encourage you to try it for yourself.”

Rachel January 25, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve been taking Vienva for 3 weeks, almost 4 and it got to the point where I was supposed to start my period. They were already irregular and I got prescribed this from the pill club because I was tired of having 2 periods a month but this is not worth it. By the time I got to the peach pills my emotions have been through the roof. I cry over the smallest things and have the worst mood swings on it. If you’re going through the pill club like I did I recommend you go to a doctor that will prescribe you the right pill. It might be good for some people but the emotional effect on this is not worth it. I would rather be pregnant at this point. It made my cramps so much worse and they were already horrible to begin with. The pill club can eat my panini.”

Annon. · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 15, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've taken Aviane the past 5 years (I recently switched to using pillclub and they don't offer it that brand) and Vienva is the equivalent so I gave it a try. I love it. No side effects at all. No mood swings, weight gain, breakouts. I 100% recommend it.”

Freshness666 · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2021

For Birth Control: “Hello, I am going to leave an unbiased review that will be factual without any biased because it's unfair to base it off of only personal feelings which will look very scary. I was on this for two months, this may or may not cause your feelings of negativity to sky-rocket. It did escalate my depression. It did make me more cranky and moody. It will make you cramp a bit. A bit of spotting which is normal. These are the side effects I have experienced. If it sounds scary then try a different brand but other than that you can just try to make yourself stronger mentally. I personally don't think it's the end of the world taking it. As for the effectiveness, it has not gotten me pregnant. It is doing an amazing job at doing what you want it to do, which is protect you from pregnancy. (a lot of people overlook and fail to acknowledge it's effectiveness)”

Shay · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on two previously prescribed birth control pills and it’s insane how terribly this Vienva birth control pioll has treated me. I honestly began to think everything was my fault when after actually researching the drug I saw that other women were having my problem. I have been spotting for six months straight and I am currently on a two week period. I can not describe the frustration and depression I am feeling right now. Intense migraines to the point where I can’t even open my eyes, depression, back pain, crazy emotions, insomnia. Oh yea and couldn’t even have a sex life due to the constant spotting. If by miracle I stopped for a week, I would get heavy spotting - light period for weeks after. This pill has taken away my happiness and confidence. I am in the process of being prescribed yet another and I hope all goes well.”

Arachnid · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 8, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've been on this birth control for a year I got prescribed Lutera and Vienva is the generic brand I got . I love it, it helped with my acne and I didn't get any side effects. Its time for my yearly renewal and I'm 100% going to get the same one I highly recommend it.”

Susi July 13, 2021

For Birth Control: “If vienva works for you thats great but for me, my body isn’t reacting so well. It made me feel tired all the time and moody, during the 3-4 week I've been bleeding heavy for about 12 days straight. I don't know if this is normal or not but I do regret taking the pill”

sadgirl June 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “This pill hasn’t given me any bad side effects besides weight gain and a LOT of bloating. It made me gain 6+ pounds (probably from water retention) after the first month of taking it. I’ve generally never had a problem with losing weight, but this is the least confident in my body that I’ve ever felt. I never had issues with weight gain when I had the IUD. Will be asking my doctor to change my prescription. However, different birth control works individually and affects every body differently, so take this review with a grain of salt! Just sharing my personal experience with it.”

Jessica · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2021

For Birth Control: “First time ever taking birth control, Vienva 29 year old. No breakouts, no weight gain or mood swings. In the beginning I did experience minor headache but as the months went on, no more headaches. No problems with nausea as well. The only thing I believe my body was still adjusting to the meds because some brown spotting when skipping placebos going straight to my next pack which only happened twice in the first 2 months of using. Other than that everything seems to be working well for me yay. Ladies listen to your body otherwise switch to other brands :)”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2021

For Birth Control: “I signed up for pill club and was prescribed Vienva. It is my first birth control so I immediately went online to look up side effects and reviews. After reading I was scared to death to get my prescription, knowing I can't change it for at least 2-3 months. Reluctantly, I did start taking it as I did read some good reviews. I'm about to start my second month in about a week. I have yet to notice any major side effects. Maybe a tad bit more emotional and faint cramps here and there, but nothing too crazy. The only weight I gained was before I even started the pack and was my own doing. I know it's still early but I think is working well for me. Although I do understand everyone is different and will react differently.”

bella · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I have really bad anxiety and depression and I told my doctor this and told her I didn’t want a birth control that would make it worse and she put me on this birth control. I look up all the reviews and everyone is saying it made them depressed but I decided to try it anyways because I know medicine works differently on everyone. So I started the medicine and it made my depression and anxiety so bad I started getting suicidal and self harm thoughts which I haven’t had in awhile. I also have completely no sex drive and when orgasm was only small. I only took the medicine for 2 weeks and then I stopped it. I’ve been bleeding and spotting and I’m not on my period and I’ve been off of it for over a week. I don’t recommend you take this if you have mental health problems.”

Cobaltbabe83 July 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “Update from May review: I really love this Vienva pill. Out of all similar ones, this one is closest to Lutera. I did have some breakthrough spotting my 1st pack due to switching from a minipill. Once I had that 7 day withdrawal bleed my body reset like the nurse said and no more bleeding on active pills. I keep my pill pack in my wallet too with this being a low dose. My periods start 2.5 days into the sugar pills and are 6 days total with my 3rd day being semiheavy to medium and the rest light flow. I do get overly tired and moody with headaches 3 days before I start my period. But no angry random mood swings all month like some pills. Skin stays mostly clear except for a couple pimples before my period. Might have lost a few pounds too. My boyfriend and I both love that my sex drive is up and that this pill has given me pregnancy protection. This pill is worth a fair shot. If a pill doesn't agree with you after 2-3 months, call your ob and switch. I have been thru this many times myself.”

KT1993 · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2017

For Birth Control: “I just recently started this medication as my first ever use of birth control and I've had no issues so far! No nausea, no cramping, no spotting yet. No mood swings or bloating, either. I will update once I get further along but so far I feel like I haven't even taken anything! Don't get too scared by the negative reviews because I think statistically speaking, more people are likely to share their experience if it's bad than people who are happy with it.”

dh · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started using this pill about 2 months ago. I’ve only used birth control this time and another time about 2 years ago. The first time was fine I didn’t have any side effects whats so ever (but then again it was a different pill) so I decided to go back on the pill again. I got prescribed Vienva from the pill club. The first 2 weeks of taking it I would wake up every morning with extreme nausea, my moods swings starting getting really bad and starting affecting my relationship. I felt like I was starting to get depressed. Last night I got an overwhelming feeling of sadness out of NO WHERE and starting crying uncontrollably sobbing in the shower. I’ve NEVER done that before and that for me was the last straw. I’m not pregnant no it works I guess”

Motherof3 · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been on several pill birth control and recently after my third child I had the IUD inserted. I hated it and got it removed and was switched to Vienva. I was horrified to see all the bad comments but pleasantly surprised I am on my 4th week and feel better than ever! No more mood swings, cystic acne, painful sex, weight gain I had with the IUD. Sticking with Vienva”

Lovebird_20 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “I read reviews on this birth control Vienva after it was prescribed to me and I was concerned already. I went through The Pill Club and they encouraged me to take it for a short time anyway because everyone has different experiences. Many reviews said that Vienva caused them acne and this is what I was concerned about. For about the first week of taking the pill I got bad headaches soon after taking them but those soon stopped. However, I took them for the recommended 3 months and began to have large, horrible acne. I am used to hormonal acne around my period but with this birth control my skin was getting worse and worse. I decided to stop use all together.”

Janey · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “I initially loved this birth control Vienva. My skin has been clear, no mood swings, and my sex drive was finally back up after getting off my last pill. Unfortunately my bloating and weight gain has been so excessive that I’ve taken several pregnancy tests just to make sure. I have been dieting and exercising 5 times a week for 3 months with ZERO weight loss! It is just so annoying considering every other aspect of this pill has been beneficial.”

e March 4, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve never left a review before so hopefully this is a sign for anyone considering taking this DON'T TAKE IT. I only took if for a couple days but that was enough. I had horrible mood swings, and felt like I had PMS only 100 times worse. I had uncontrollable sobbing fits to the point where I couldn’t breathe because I was sobbing so much. I got angry at everything and everyone. I felt foggy, unmotivated, depressed, and I would constantly stare off into space. I didn’t feel like myself. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone unless you want really want sob all the time for no reason at all and feel like a crazy person. Before I took this I thought there was no way it was as bad as the reviews say, but oh it really is. I would rate this a negative number if I could, find a better option for birth control because there are so many and this one sucks.”

dabberoo November 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve only been taking Vienva for 4 days, I’ve been puking every single day and having an extremely bad migraine. It hasn’t gone away since starting these pills. I was going to try to wait it out the 2 weeks for the side effects to dissipate but I don’t think I’ll be able to do that. I wake up nauseous everyday the whole day, and with a migraine that pounds and will not stop. I DO NOT recommend these”