User Reviews for Vienva (Page 5)

Birth Control 4.0

Reviews for Vienva

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was previously on Aviane BC but was switched to Vienna from a Walgreens pharmacy . Since February to now September I gained 10 pounds which is strange for me because I have the same lifestyle habits. I can’t detect any mental changes. My periods are seeming to be shorter than normal (no complaints there). The weight gain bothers me though and I believe it was this birth control , I’ll be switching soon. My blood pressure is on the low side normally but since the birth control change it has definitely risen. Last but not least , and not that it’s that important but the packing is stupid looking , like a chicklet gum packet.”

Scottie September 15, 2018

For Birth Control: “Walgreens switched me to Vienva out of the blue. After two months of taking this pill I felt WAY OFF. I’ve never really suffered from acne, but after this pill my whole chin/jaw area was filled with acne. I also lost my sex drive and experienced dryness. To top it off I’ve lost all my motivation to do anything. I just moved to Hawaii and this pill makes me so low and down I just want to stay inside all day. I’ve been on birth control for 6 plus years and this is by far the worst pill I’ve taken. I gave it a 1 because I didn’t gain weight or get pregnant.”

Pain Free Periods · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 10, 2018

For Birth Control: “I took this medicine to help ease some of my menstrual pain and make my periods more regular. It has cut my menstrual pains and cramps down to about 10% of what they were, and I can CHOOSE when to get my period or not to get it at all. How awesome is that? I have experienced zero negative side effects. My quality of life has improved so much.”

MomOf3 September 9, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on many birth controls as I’m 36, was married at 18 and we had out first child at 20. I’ve never had this kind of reaction, this quickly. I’ve already gained 4 pounds, despite being incapable of eating. The nausea alone is enough for me to quit taking it immediately. I’ve only been on it for four (4) days and I’m absolutely unable to function. The night before last, the severe nausea led me to vomiting more than I’ve ever vomited in a single session. It was a LOT! The past two days I’ve had headaches so bad I’ve been forced to go back to bed. My appetite is gone and I have no desire to even speak. I will not be taking my fifth pill, this evening. I am stopping it immediately and will be bringing these issues up with my doctor at my appointment, this coming Friday. I’m not holding out to see if I come through the side effects or to see if they get worse like most of the reviews here.”

Jesse · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2018

For Birth Control: “I have been taking this medication for three months starting in May of 2018 switching from Lutera to Vienva but out of the blue three months later I felt off. Jittery inside, hard to breathe so I went to the ER where my Blood Pressure was 189/109 STROKE LEVEL! After some digging I found out my blood pressure at my Last OB visit Dec 17 was 130/84. Then I had an urgent care visit in June 18 which showed my pressure at 139/86 and now Aug 29 it’s 189/109. The ER dr did all the testing and everything came back negative. I’m 36 eat 70% healthy and work out 4 days a week so I was puzzled as to why this is happening to me. This medication is the only answer I can come up with. I have a follow up with my Dr this coming week to get more for sure answers. I have been off the meds now for 4 days and my pressure has gone down to 145/165 back and forth. I just want to know how long until this is out of my system.”

Danielle · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’ve taken a variety of birth control pills for the past 5 years or so. I have never really experienced side effects of any of them until Vienna. I haven’t gained weight since finishing puberty - staying around 105lb - and have gained 15 pounds since being on this pill. My appetite is so huge and I never feel full. Additionally as someone who has also been lucky enough to never really have consistent acne (with the exception of one-off pimples), I have had absolutely horrible cheek acne since being on this pull and have spent hundreds of dollars on face washes, spot treatments, etc. to try and get rid of it. On top of it all I am constantly tired and have lost al motivation for pretty much anything. The reason my OBGYN put me on this is because I asked for a low-hormone pill. Stay away from this!”

None · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 23, 2018

For Birth Control: “So I’ve been taking Vienva for 8 months and I’ve started to get these white hard under the skin pimple things. I also get my period 2 days before my placebo pills. If I was you don’t take this pill. I will be getting off of this birth control ASAP! Causes depression and makes it impossible for me to loose weight. AVOID taking this!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 16, 2018

For Birth Control: “When I first started birth control I took this. It wasn't bad I gained some weight but it made me so tired all the time. And also I know for a fact it was the birth control .. when I would go out drinking the next day I would be hungover so bad I wouldn't even be able to drink water without puking. I would puke all day and wouldn't be able to move. The days I wouldn't take it and go out drinking the next day I was fine! I kept forgetting to take the pills and finally switched to nuvaring hopefully this works out better :)”

KB · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was switched from Aviane to Vienva after Walgreens took over for Rite Aid and it has been THE WORST. About a week after starting the first pill I started spotting and then when the placebo week began, I had the worst cramps and heaviest bleeding since I began birth control 12 years ago. I suffer from depression and anxiety and the last month it had been intensified beyond belief. I legitimately feel as if I am losing my mind. My pharmacy is ordering my previous medication. ALWAYS advocate for yourself!”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’m so glad I came across these reviews because I don’t feel so alone now. First of all, I’m only giving this pill a 1 because it didn’t get me pregnant other than that, I’ve never had such a bad experience. Luckily, I didn’t get acne or gain weight. But my mood completely shifted. I became depressed and filled anxiety which isn’t normal for me. I cry all the time for no reason. This pill hasn’t changed my friendships but it has taken a toll on my relationship with my boyfriend. I am constantly mad at him for no reason. I don’t feel like myself anymore. I was going to the gym 5x a week and lost interest in fitness. I originally thought I was mildly depressed but after all of these reviews, I realize now it’s all due to this pill. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone!!!”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2018

For Birth Control: “My pharmacy switched me from Sronyx to Vienva due to a price increase of Sronyx. I was hesitant, but the pharmacist told me that they were the exact same thing and I shouldn't experience any changes. The first dose, I felt normal. The morning after my second dose I felt terrible. I had severe cramps that forced me to call out sick from work. I spent the day at home with increased anxiety and feeling depressed, something I hadn't felt in years. I genuinely thought I was going crazy. I decided to look up more information on Vienva, where I saw that I wasn't alone in these feelings. It definitely seems like something in this pill aggravates anxiety. Definitely wish my pharmacy would have informed me of this possible side effect. Overall, everyone's body is different but this pill really did not work for me. I will be stopping this pill tonight and going back to my old b.c. pill.”

Chels · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 11, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Vienva for about a year switching from the first one I’ve ever been on since I was just about 15 . I originally switched because I was concerned about my mood and told my gyno this. So in turn she prescribes Vienva. So far I’ve gained about 10 pounds in a year, my face is starting to scar, the pimples I get are aggressive, my hair is coming out in clumps, I’m always tired, and my mood has not changed. I’m angry because of this.”

jm · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2018

For Birth Control: “BEWARE OF INCREASING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!! Like many others here, Walgreens switched me to Vienva from another bc with the same active ingredients. I was reluctant but my PA and the pharmacist both insisted that it will not make a difference. Now looking back, I can attribute my slight depressive episode and anxiety attack to Vienva within the first month of starting. At the time I didn't even think of it as a contributing factor as I was told there would be no difference. This side effect was nothing in comparison the the high blood pressure I experienced. At my annual visit (4/17/2018) my BP was 106/64. Thankfully I had a visit with my OBGYN for other reasons and my BP was found to be 146/94. This is a terrifyingly high increase within the 3 mo. As someone who works out 5 days a week, this made me really unsettled and my OBGYN made me switch that same day to a new brand as she was scared of me stroking out. So many other brands of bc out there. Please stay away from Vienva”

poppyseeds June 30, 2018

For Birth Control: “I have had anxiety and depression for years... I started taking Vienva and it was the worst 2 weeks of my life, emotionally. I had multiple panic attacks, I was so depressed. I couldn’t even talk to people. All I did was cry. It was all I could do to get through work so that I could come home and cry. Terrible experience and I would not recommend this Birth Control to anyone who has preexisting anxiety and/or depression!”

Nedi · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2018

For Birth Control: “I got a pounding headache after one week into Vienva. But in all fairness it could have been a hangover from the 3 Mimosas I had that day.”

Carmen · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2018

For Birth Control: “If I could give this pill zero stars I would. Costco unexpectedly switched me to Vienva from orsyrithia. I took it for two months before I just couldn't take it anymore. The constant fatigue, weight gain, and acne are all things I could have managed. But the effects these pills have on your mood is AWFUL. I already struggle with depression and anxiety and these pills just amplified that tenfold. Within four days I was constantly crying, lost all interest in any activity, and became very hopeless even suicidal. Nobody should have to feel this way.”

A.S · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

For Birth Control: “I used to take Aviane, then was switched to Falmina. I never really has problems while on these two medications, then suddenly my Rite Aid said they are no longer carrying falmina since they are now a walgreens. The pharmacist told me Vienva has the same active ingredient as Falmina so I said I would try it. It has only been 4 days and I feel terrible. I have had anxiety for most of my life but these past days I have had multiple anxiety attacks, have burst out crying for no reason, and have felt overall lethargic and not myself. It must be Veinva because no other aspects of my life have changed recently. I will no longer be taking this and am going to go off birth control fully.”

Anonymous June 12, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was on Aviane for a little over a year and two weeks ago I received Vienva instead (at Walgreens). I looked online to see what was up and apparently it was supposed to be the exact same as aviane, just different name brand. Within the first two days I had every form of PMS you can think of REALLY bad. My breasts only hurt when my hormones are extremely bad, and I felt like the nipples were going to fall off. Besides that, acne, weight gain, bloat, extremely moody, depressed, spotting for about a week, anything and everything. I wish I came on here and saw the similar reviews before I tried it.”

HH · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2018

For Birth Control: “As a teen this was my first pill ever, experience has been good. I started it because my period was horribly painful and would wake me up every night at 2 am and I would cry and use a heating pad so much that I burned my skin. The second day of my period was always the worst and my period would last around 5 days. Once I started the pill I did have spotting for about 2-3 days around the 2 week mark. Then I was fine. I’ve had a positive experience with this medicine as it hasn’t effected my mood or anything like that. When I got my period it was very light and the second day was so easy. I had little to no cramps. My period was only 3 days long.”

Lil May 18, 2018

For Birth Control: “Vienva (birth control) isn't okay. When they switched me to this at Walgreens (like many people) I read the reviews and try to go back as ask for something else but the pharmacist assured me it was the exact same as the pills I had been previously been prescribed. She said to not listen to reviews because it was the same pill as Aviane and Lutera, it was not!! I have been on those two for over 2 years and never felt as anxious and crazy as I did on this pill. I'm hoping next month they give me another brand.”

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 18, 2018

For Birth Control: “My pharmacy switched me to Vienva unexpectedly. Decided to give it a try assuming it would be just as effective as all the other birth control brands I've been switched to within the past 7 years . I was completely wrong. I've been on it for 2 months and I've gained 20 pounds, in addition to excessive moodiness day in and day out. Since switching I've had an uncontrollable urge to literally cry myself to sleep, for no reason at all! I finally decided enough is enough and made an appointment to see my physician to get me off of this brand immediately!”

Thewalkingduck · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

For Birth Control: “Vienva was the worst experience of my whole entire life. Like many I was switched from Walgreens to this brand I even asked the pharmacist if I would have any reactions as in the past when they switched me my body had a very difficult time adjusting to the medicine. They assured me that there would be no issues and it's like taking my current birth control which was lutera. Well they were wrong after a couple days of taking it I have had severe headaches, nausea, suicidal thoughts, depression, fear, constant panic attacks, bloating, more acne and I've also gained over 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Currently I am schedule to go to my gynecologist to get a new form of birth control because apparently mine is no longer being produced, For anyone that's being routed to this birth control- use caution”

Christine May 15, 2018

For Birth Control: “HORRIBLE experience. I'm surprised this BC is on the market because it almost ruined my life. While on it, I was depressed, irritable, and bursts of anger as well as hair thinning, loss of appetite (I'm already thin), and acne. I could not figure out why I had basically no will to live or motivation to do anything and getting extremely irritable to not only my friends, boyfriend, but coworkers as well. I'm normally a very calm/collected person but this pill made me feel like I had no control over my life. AVOID!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was on Vienva for 5 months. I recently started feeling more serious side effects like palpitations, headaches, anxiety. I had my most recent anxiety attack. Never have I experienced this and the only thing I can relate this to is the birth control. My blood pressure has gone up but doctors always say it has nothing to do with it because of the low dose hormones but I know myself and I know the pill does something to you.....”

Cynnicole April 26, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’ve always struggled with anxiety and depression, but reached a point where I could self regulate through meditation, yoga, etc. I was on lutera which I responded well to. The company switched the brand to Aviane in June 2017. I began having more difficulties with depression but it was still fairly manageable, so I attributed it to stress at work. 3 months ago they switched me to Vienva, and I mentally went down the rabbit hole. I was constantly depressed, would wake up in tears, difficulties leaving the house, couldn’t concentrate at work, and the slightest think would stress me out to the point where I couldn’t handle it, which is very out of character for me. I was having angry outburst towards my boyfriend, irrational feelings of isolation from my friends, I would come home from work and just crash out asleep and constantly lethargic. I’m glad I read the reviews on here, it has normalized this for me and I am going to quit these pills this month!”