User Reviews for Vienva (Page 6)

Birth Control 4.0

Reviews for Vienva

KY · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2018

For Birth Control: “My pharmacy switched me from Aviane to Vienva. I’ve been taking Aviane for a year with no problems. About a week and a half into the new script for Vienva I noticed terrible side effects. I was extremely nauseous, my whole face was breaking out, and I became an emotional wreck. I’m not someone who usually has mental health issues but this pill made me extremely depressed and anxious. I was able to go to a different pharmacy and get another pack of Aviane. It took a little over a week to feel normal again. Once that pack ran out my new pharmacy gave me Vienva again. After not being able to find the Aviane, I had to take the Vienva as I had no choice. After a few days all of those same symptoms came back again (so it’s definitely the pill). I would not recommend this pill to my worst enemy. The most annoying part is that every pharmacy thinks “they have the same active ingredients so they’re the same exact pill”.”

Toneka · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2018

For Birth Control: “I got switched to this brand and nothing is different I missed my period but that was it. No depression, no nausea, no fatigue, I completely felt normal. Honestly the only thing it did for me was vaginal dryness that’s it. So I do recommend this - it’s not for everyone as everyone is different. So you won’t know till you try it☺️ But good experience for me!”

pureau · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2018

For Birth Control: “This was by far the worst decision ever made. I was prescribed Lutera for birth control but Costco only had the generic brand Orsythia so I took that for 1 year. Normal side effects, mild moodiness, anxiety, bloating etc. Just a month ago Costco changed their generic birth control from orsythia to vienva and woow after the first 2 days I got a pimple (I never get pimples maybe once every 6 months) then the third day another pimple. Finally what did it, 2 weeks on the pill it was my boyfriends birthday and I experienced about 7 emotions in one hour.. I was sad, happy, excited, angry, depressed, anxiety attack, felt like everyone hated me at his party. It was the wierdest nastiest thing I have ever felt. Stopped using it that same day, it took my body about 2 weeks to fully rid itself of the drug and I feel like a shiny new penny. :) best decision ever.”

MP · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was switched unexpectedly from Orsythia to Vienva by my pharmacy and have been taking Vienva for only about a week and a half. Suddenly, I am having terrible mood swings, depression, and overwhelming tiredness no matter how much I sleep. I have never been depressed in my life and usually have a very positive outlook on my life. Now everything makes me upset. I spent a night uncontrollably crying because I couldn't control my emotions. I act like a different person and my significant other has noticed and doesn't know how to handle it. I can't believe how negatively it has affected me in less than two weeks. DO NOT TAKE VIENVA.”

Glad I'm Not Alone · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was on Orsythia for two years and then was randomly switched over to Vienva. I felt side effects immediately - mostly psychological - from the outset but didn't want to jump to conclusions. A year later and I've switched back to the previous. Vienva gave me recurrent panic attacks and left me in a state of depression otherwise. I experienced severe mood swings and could never ascertain what was wrong. I also developed shortness of breath, numbness in my arms and legs and more water retention than normal. I even lactated once. I sort of suspected it was the pill, and when I ran behind on my prescription renewal I realized this was the problem.”

CD2018 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2018

For Birth Control: “The only reason I’m giving it 2 stars is because I didn’t get pregnant. I only took this for 2 months and it was the worst experience. I was switched off of Junel for this and I’d rather go back. In month 1, I had break through bleeding with mild cramping on week 3, still got my period. I had just switched so I thought it was just a side effect. WRONG. Month 2 I had break through bleeding at the beginning of week 2 with awful cramps. I’m 2 days away from placebo pills and I’m STILL bleeding with cramps. I’m an emotional person but this was a different level, my poor boyfriend. Breakouts weren’t terrible but worse than breakouts of the past. If you can avoid taking this, avoid it.”

Nan · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2018

For Birth Control: “HORRIBLE !!! After being on the depo for 3 months I had horrible side effects and constant bleeding , my gyn put me on vienva to help regulate my cycle and also prevent pregnancy , now I can’t live a single day without hating life . I’m extremely nauseous ALL the time , I get horrible anxiety, tender breasts and horrible dizziness, to the point where I can’t go to class and I can’t go to work because I can’t even function anymore , after reading everyone’s reviews I will NOT be taking this pill ever again”

Jackie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was on Orsythia before they switched me to this and I was disappointed. I have taken Orsythia for months and I was doing great on it. When they switched me to Vienva I was feeling nausea and my heart was racing and my left arm was in pain and felt numb. I had to stop these immediately.”

Lisa March 6, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was only on this pill for 1 week and it was terrible for me. I was put on it after having my baby. I didn’t have many issues with post partum it came and went quick. I was only on day 6 when I had a severe anxiety attack with with suicidal thoughts. I also had issues with anger I was angry at my fiancée and blew up at him for no reason at all. I bawl like a baby several times a day for no apparent reason. I asked for a low dose birth control pill because I have had issues with the higher dosed birth control, I am having all the same symptoms or worse then as if I were on Ortho tricyclen or the Depo shot. I have always had hormonal issues since I was 16 when I had grape cluster cysts cover my uterus so being on birth control is nothing new to me. I have used them to control the cysts for close to 20 years now. This pill by far is one if the worse. I stopped taking this pill right after my first sign of issues.”

Tori · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 2, 2018

For Birth Control: “For the last year or so, my personality has totally changed. I am reluctant to go out and be around people as I'm fearful that I will have an episode of paranoia, anger, or just anxiety in general. I have been having aggressive outbursts and full blown panic attacks. It's gotten to the point that I dislike myself and I know others don't really care for my company. I was never like this before. I've racked my brain for months trying to figure our what event (graduating, moving in with my boyfriend, starting a new job) could have triggered this emotional change. ALL OF THOSE THINGS ARE GOOD THINGS. I finally asked my pharmacist for a list of side effects for my medications (Vienva and my allergy rx) today, finally thinking they might be to blame. Vienva's side effects concerned me...turns out I started taking Vienva in February of 2017. I'm not taking it starting tomorrow morning.”

Anonymous February 27, 2018

For Birth Control: “I experienced nausea, sadness, and anxiety. I stuck with it, and the intensity subsided. However, depression and anxiety remained like a lowgrade fever. It became my norm, but I wasn't the same me. I started experiencing severe muscle cramps, heart palpitations, tingling in hands and feet. It wasn't until I forgot two days of pills and ended up taking four, I experienced all these side effects so intensely I thought I'd lost my mind. I felt extreme rage, sadness, panic, and the muscles in my legs twitched visibly. My hands were shaking. I was terrified and considered checking myself into a hospital. I called a pharmacist and he told me my body couldn't absorb it at once and he had received calls like this before. That I would feel better after a day or so, as the hormone levels returned to normal. I realized the overdose was just a more extreme version of what I've been feeling on it. By the way, birth control is the only prescription I've ever been on other than antibiotics.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was on Orysthia but they told me they switched it to vienva as well.This birth control has made me into such moody women my mood changes can go from 1 to 100 real quick which is not me and I hate it. It is not just that it makes me feel really down as well. Super depressed. I think I'm going to switch because after reading these reviews I'm not the only one that feels this way I don’t recommend this birth control.”

LindsLou · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was switched to Vienva because of insurance reasons. (I was told no changes from Orysthia-which I was previously taking) I am rating this pill a 4, only because it does protect you from pregnancy. However, the side effects are horrible. I have had hair loss, racing heart, and extreme anxiety from Vienva. I'm so glad to read other reviews and realize I'm not the only one!”

Anonymous February 4, 2018

For Birth Control: “I have been on so many different birth controls in attempt to calm my endometriosis symptoms and this is hands down the worst one I have EVER been on. I have always gotten dizzy or nauseous from the medication but I have never had it change my mood like this one did. I've been on it for 2 months and everyone in my life has noticed how different I have become. I am so lost in my own mind it feels like I am watching myself go through my day. I have been insanely irritable and depressed. My poor boyfriend has been dealing with these intense mood swings like a trooper. I have lashed out randomly so many times and I have also cried on average 6-7 times per day. I have never felt this intense depression and from someone who was already depressed when going on this pill it was a train wreck. Overall this pill has been a complete nightmare and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy, I have a lot after lashing out so many times.”

Nay Nicole January 26, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’ve been taking Vienva for a week now and so far everything is going well. No bloating, mood swings, headache etc. I may get a little nauseous for 2 min but thats normal for me if I take any pill on an empty stomach. I was previously on the nexplanon for 3 yrs and would sometime be on my period for like FOREVER. I would like to have a baby in about a year, so I’m only taking this for now to prevent pregnancy. I’ll follow up if anything changes after I’m done with the first pack.”

Mel Jane January 25, 2018

For Birth Control: “Despite my breast swelling a bit sometimes, I like this pill. It helps me to get regular periods (without then I go for long periods without a cycle...up to 4 months on average) and regulate my hormone imbalance and give me monthly cycles as I desire, to regulate my body. I also lost weight because it helps my Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which can effect the metabolism.”

Paige T January 20, 2018

For Birth Control: “I started Vienva several months ago as my first form of birth control. In the past month or so, I have experienced extreme anxiety at random times of the day. It feels like I do not have control of my own thoughts and I spiral into thoughts of sadness. I'm not sure if this is 100% because of this medication, but nothing else in my life has changed so it seems to be caused by this. It also hasn't helped make my period lighter at all. The only good thing this medication has done is lessen my cramps. I'm not saying Vienva will be bad for anyone, but I've felt crazy and depressed lately and I'm finally starting to realize it might be because of Vienva. If anyone else is in this boat, you're not alone.”

Amanda L. January 10, 2018

For Birth Control: “I have zero history of anxiety or depression but this medication made me a completely different person. I had shaking of my hands and legs and even numbness in my right leg. I was anxious and depressed all the time, to the point where I really considered how I was going to live my life like this. It was horrible. I was terrified I'd always be feeling this way and had no idea what was causing it. I stopped the pill and it has been a week now and I am almost completely back to normal. I even had to get MRIs done on my head and neck to rule out anything serious due to the numbness I was feeling. Writing this to help out my fellow ladies. Please don't take this medication. I would never want anyone going through what I went through.”

kc1225 January 9, 2018

For Birth Control: “First two months were complete breakthrough bleeding for almost 2 months straight & the third month I have no breakthrough bleeding, BUT my mood swings are horrible. I have never been a depressed person and have no underlying mental health issues & this medicine is making me someone I am not. I will no longer take Vienva because I am highly irritable, lost interest in things, isolating... just not good.....”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2017

For Birth Control: “I've never been on birth control and do not deal with depression and have had no serious side effects. My chest usually gets sore on my period and I noticed it happens a week before my period and sometimes on it. I haven't had any changes to weight either. I don't know how well this works for preventing pregnancy but my periods have gotten much lighter and PMS has gotten much better as well. I also feel like it cleared up my skin a bit.”

Anna3456 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 29, 2017

For Birth Control: “I have been on the active ingredients of this birth control for over 10 years, however, over the years my pharmacy has switched me from Aviane to Alesse to Sronyx and now to Vienva. I have never had much of an issue with the switch until now. Since being on Vienva I have been depressed and agitated every single day. I don’t feel happy ever which is not like me. I feel like I have permanent PMS! I also have no appetite or interest in anything for that matter and have lost 8 lbs. I can’t take it anymore and will be stopping it once the second pack is over with and asking my pharmacist for brand name Aviane instead. It’s worth the extra cost to me.”

Cassie123 · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2017

For Birth Control: “So far this has been better than any other birth control I have taken. I switched from Depo Prevera because it messed with my moods too much. So far, no random mood swings. I only get nauseous if I don't eat when I take it. This is the only birth control I have found that didn't worsen my depression.”

Nallely_ December 11, 2017

For Birth Control: “I’m on the fourth week of Vienva and have experienced nausea, headaches, mood swings, spotting and bloating! Hopefully these symptoms pass after three months like they say! I hate birth control to begin with because of all the symptoms and I always experience all of them but what are we supposed to do? ”

Katarina K December 4, 2017

For Birth Control: “It's definitely not for me. I switched from Camila to Vienva because I was worried that I had to take Camila at the exactly same time. If you have a history of depression, don't try vienva or similar ones. On the tenth day I was completely out of control of my own thoughts. Very irritated and depressive. I stopped immediately and got better. I don't think it's a coincidence If you do not have a history of depression it may work for you, though.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2017

For Birth Control: “I've taken several birth controls and this is one of the best ones. No nausea, bloating, or water retention. The only downside is the breakthrough bleeding half way into week 3. I'm hoping that goes away with time.”