User Reviews for Sronyx

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 3 reviews 40 medications

3.7
Summary of Sronyx reviews 118 reviews 4.6

Reviews for Sronyx

For Birth Control "I have been on these pills since May 2017 and I haven't had side effects but I would tell you to take them on time every day because you will have break through bleeding and it can last from a few days to a few weeks but one this that I can say it that I have lost weight and I don't have crazy cravings, no tender breast, and no headaches ... this has been my first time on BC and I have had a great experience!!!!!"

Kindhearted (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Well, I'm not pregnant but my skin is a mess and PMS symptoms have been terrible. I hate this stuff, pharmacy gave it to me as a generic for Aviane and I will pay out of pocket before I ever accept it again. I've been on two other generics w/o any side effects, cystic acne just isn't worth it."

Lizzy5000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was previously on lutera and best pill ever with no side effects until the manufacturer change. So my obgyn switched me to sronyx because she said it's the same equivalent. This pill is TERRIBLE!!!! For the first 3 months everything seemed fine and no side effects. After that I started getting bad headaches 3-4 times a week, I was moody and snappy half the month from PMS time to the end of my period, I got my period before I made it to the placebo pills, got horrible cramps which I never get, crying spells, nausea after eating and breakouts. The only benefits are weight loss and increased sex drive, which my boyfriend loves. My obgyn said if this pill didn't work out she would switch me to lessina or alesse and I am switching."

Autumn92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking the BC Sronyx for about 2 months, my period have not came on (which is AWESOME), THE DOWNFALL, my hair has started to fall out and become thin, I am very moody (angry), I have gained 10 lbs within the 2 month timeframe. I am starting to have pimples on my face that I never had in my 22 years of life. UGH hate and Today I stopped taking it."

Ty_TY94 August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So far, not so good. Have only been taking Sronyx for 22 days (so maybe it gets better after 2-3 months), during which time I experienced the heaviest period of my life with excessive clotting. Cramps were reduced, however. I'm not prone to acne but have an increased occurrence in pimples since taking. Generally I just feel 'off,' and not like myself."

Wouldn't recommend August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control pill is horrible!! Weight gain, tender breast especially the nipples and horrible back pain."

Bubblelush (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Finally a birth control that doesn't give me horrible side affects like mood swings and heavy periods. I barely get periods which for me is GREAT!"

Nikkisanti (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control is AWFUL. I was on it for 3 months, and now it's in the trash. My back hurt constantly, my breasts weren't just "tender" they were painful and it even hurt to gentle touch them. My period came twice a month and the cramps were awful. Even weirder, it made my nipples change color. They were first pink and then brown, which caused quite a panic for me since different colored nipples are a sign of pregnancy. After 5 negative tests and a doctor visit, they chalked it up to birth control. The only positive is that I didn't get pregnant."

Lovelyplum (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first month taking sronyx. It made me have brown discharge for two weeks, made my breasts sensitive, caused a breakout, and delayed my period. DO NOT RECOMMEND."

Anonymous July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Sronyx for 5 years & I love it. I started taking the pill when I was 14 & I only gained 5 pounds & I spotted for a few days. I love this pill I'll never change to a different one !"

Breana21 May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was the second birth control I tried. The first made me very moody and irritable so I switched to sronyx and it was great. I had absolutely no side effects. I've been on it for 3.5-4 years now and I'm starting to notice some changes. I've been getting bad acne (I've never had acne in my life, maybe a spot a month). I'm not sure if this is due to my increasing age (22)/lifestyle habits or the BC. Also I have gotten so moody, irritable, grumpy, anxious, and depressed (again I don't know if I can say the pill caused this but it slowly crept up on me and I can't figure out another reason for it). I'm not sure if it was a long term thing effect or what but it's making my relationship with my boyfriend of 3 years suffer"

ScCCc April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I've been on sronyx for about 3 years, at first my doctor's didn't know what was wrong with me because I grow hair in places I shouldn't. They thought birth control would help with my cycle and to slow down the hair growth but it hasn't. I now have high blood pressure and severe headaches but yet I keep taking this pill in hopes it would help. I haven't had a period in at least 2 years, I used to take a name brand and it did give me regular periods."

Mirg April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control is probably the best one. It's the first one I tried and I love it. No side effects AT ALL. I am exactly the same as when I was not on it. I have now been on it for 2 months and it has been perfect. Definitely recommend it!"

Kalyssa10 April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm getting married in 3 months and did not want to get pregnant before the wedding. Usually I do family planning for birth control and that has worked out great. But me and my fiancé have been having unprotected sex a lot so I decided to go on the pill until the wedding. I started Sunday and it has been a NIGHTMARE! I started crying about the smallest things, which is so abnormal for me. I have never been the emotional type. This began on Day 3. By day 5, I was truly depressed and yelling at my fiancé because he fell asleep before I made it back from the store to help me with my bags. Day 6 is when I came to the realization and started reading about the side effects. For such a small pill, it does a lot of damage. Please do not take this."

Don't Take (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was put on Sronyx in January, first time being on birth control, and I just started my forth month pack. I was nervous about being put on this birth control because of all the negative reviews I read about it. So I can say that I was a little timid. DON'T LET THE BAD REVIEWS SCARE YOU. After 4 months, I haven't had not one bad side affects with this birth control. I haven't gained weight. My acne hasn't gotten worse. My periods went from heavy 6 days to very like 3 days. I was a cramp sufferer during my period since I started for the first time at the age of 13 (I am now 28), to the point where there was a few times I was almost rushed to the ER for them and I haven't had any cramps whatsoever ever since being on this. Give it a chance!"

JLeighA March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for about 2 weeks. So far I have been spotting every single day and have been breaking out with pimples on my face. No sign in weight gain. Will keep y'all updated as I progress in my birth control journey."

Kaysayz (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Not the best I don't even know why I stayed on it as long as I did, gave me a UTI the second month and never had one before that lost weight the only good thing was I didn't get pregnant. It kept giving me UTI's though so I had to stop using"

crystal0986 February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "At first I thought I loved this pill, the problem with it crept in so subtly I didn't notice it (very similar to a previous complaint on saw on here). I've never had issues with anxiety or depression before taking this. About 7 months into taking the pill my anxiety sky rocketed and I became increasingly depressed. Insomnia also became a consistent problem and I seriously thought I was losing my mind. My relationship with my husband also suffered from these serious side effects as I became extremely moody and would cry for no reason and not understand why. My advice would be to seriously monitor how you feel while on this pill and note any changes in mood - becomes it definitely creeps in slowly."

Mae107 February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience started out pretty good with sronyx and to be honest the bad trickled in so subtly that I didn't even realize anything had gone wrong until it hit me full force. My periods used to be 2-4 months apart, but extremely painful when they finally hit. Sronyx eventually started to fix that, although my first 2 packs I bled constantly all the way through until it stopped. I went from an average 76 day cycle to now a 17 day cycle and every period that number gets lower. My anxiety got out of control to the point where I needed professional help and I became physically ill with migraines and nausea that required hospital. I have stopped taking the pill today and will be seeing my doctor first thing. It's not worth it."

Samina1622 February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I did three months of this, and it was awful. I had previously been on Jolessa which I loved, but wanted a monthly period due to the bad cramps when I finally got my period after 3 months. However, with Sronyx, I noticed I was a lot moodier, crying a lot, spotting a few days before I was even on the placebo pills. Also, I kept getting UTI after UTI which did not happen at all with Jolessa. My anxiety sky rocketed and if anything, I've lost weight due to not being hungry and feeling nauseous when I do eat. I weigh 108 normally, and I've lost 5 pounds since Saturday. I stopped for a long time and didn't finish my pack due to the UTI pain, so I decided to finish it to see if I had the same symptoms. And yep, everything is back besides the UTI"

Meg B W (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have very mixed feelings about this pill. On one hand... The pros: - No more 7 day, murder scene-like periods. Now they're just 3 or 4 days. - Clearer skin - Less suicidal tendencies - Higher libido. Mind you, it wasn't low beforehand either. However... The cons: - As most of the other commentors have mentioned, weight gain. It's month 9 and I'm pretty sure that I've gained 15-17lbs. - More prone to crying - Cramps. I didn't have those pre-this-BC. Not a fan. - Increased cravings for weird stuff. Like crushed ice and gaucemole, although that may just be my anemia... - Higher libido. This is a two way street. Now that I'm in college and attempting to date, I can't afford to be this horny. Luckily, I have self control. - Moods"

DGild (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started on Sronyx when I was 15 bc I had bad clotting while on my period and it was very heavy. By far my favorite birth control out there made me loose almost 20 lbs within 2 months made me feel awesome. No bad side effects and did the job had hardly any cramps and no heavy bleeding. Then when I was 17 got switched to Orthi Tri-Cyclen absolutely the worst. Gained 5 lbs within my 1st cycle. My boobs felt tender and gave me the worst mood swings. And always had a craving . It was like I could never get full my appetite was trough the roof. Then on my first cycled period it gave me clotting and cramps that made me not even wanna move. So bad my back and lower stomac ached. So that resulted in me immediately switching back to Sronyx"

Anonymous October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Best birth control ever. My doctor prescribed this to me because of heavy bleeding but I was more interested in the birth control portion of it. I've been on it for 3 months now, the first month and a half, I did break out a little. No more than a pimple or two here or there (I had easy skin to begin with), and only had headaches and nausea the first week or so. No problems with weight gain AT ALL. I'm a fitness freak, so beginning this drug actually worried me. I stand corrected, if anything my six pack is far more visible than it was prior to taking syronx. Did its job as birth control pretty well, but I still try to use duo protection. Overall pleased, thanks tricare."

coolnursingstudent (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on the pill now for 2.5 years. I started with Apri, hated it and switched to Orsynthia. I had no issues with Orsynthia at all for roughly 1.5 years. It stopped my period altogether for a little over a year, which my doctor was not concerned about. No issues until my insurance company wouldn't cover it anymore so I had to switch to Sronyx. After about one month of being on it, I developed TERRIBLE acne!!! It looked like a papular rash all.over. especially my neck and face. In addition, it made my skin twice as likely to burn in the sun. I have been on it for a total of 3-4 months now and am about to switch back to Orsynthia and let my wallet take a hit. Nothing is worth having a chronic rash this bad all over your neck!"

Adjejwnrbd July 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It did it's job, but came with some nasty side effects. Gained weight and it absolutely killed my sex drive."

krs1993 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2016