User Reviews for Sronyx

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
3.7

Summary of Sronyx reviews 5.6 127 reviews

Reviews for Sronyx

For Birth Control "The pharmacist just gave my Sronyx as a replacement for what I was previously taking and I’ve been on Sronyx for a week and half and my breast have never hurt so terribly in my life. Specifically the nipples. This has made it extremely painful to the touch I feel as though my breasts are heavy and engorged and I’m not pregnant. I do not recommend at all."

Bleh (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Pharmacy keeps changing my birth control and eventually they gave me Sronyx. I hate it. I’ve had the worst experience with it so far. I don’t feel like myself, my hormone are all out of whack. It’s caused acne which keeps coming back, every other week I have a new pimple and they last for weeks and they’re so dark and hurt. I use to have really bad acne and got it under control and had really pretty clear, smooth skin, now it’s awful. I’m ashamed to walk out the house without wearing makeup, my confidence is now low because of this. And it’s caused me to start spotting, I’ve never had these problems with my other birth controls. Only thing that’s it’s been helpful with is making me not pregnant, so it’s doing it’s job but the side effects aren’t worth it for me."

at least I’m not pregnant May 26, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control is the absolute worst. I have had a past with acne and i’ve been so insecure about it and when I got on birth control I was so excited that it could help my acne and then it made it 20 times worse. My acne has never been this bad in my life! It’s also made me extremely angry all the time for no reason and made my breasts hurt so bad to the point where I couldn’t touch them without feeling like they were covered in bruises. do not recommend"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Birth Control "This BC helped my cramps tremendously, but gave me the worst acne of my LIFE. Its cystic and lingers. I've been on it for a year exactly, and the acne only got worse."

XMW (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I LOVED this birthcontol, I had absolutely no issues with it and I would totally recommend it. But obviously everyone’s body is different so other people may have had horrible experiences, but it worked well for me."

Emily (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this pill back in September and at first I loved It. I had no problems at all. My cramps were less painful and my period was lighter and shorter. But then... It ruined my life. Not to be dramatic but seriously. It’s been causing me to have really bad cystic acne since I’d say the 3rd month in. I’ve continued to stay on it because I thought my body would just adjust to the hormonal changes but It has only gotten worse. Once I feel as though my acne is getting better, poof there’s a new one. To add, I’ve had almost perfect skin for 20 years. Now I’m ashamed to even step outside without makeup because of all the scaring and pimples. I would highly suggest not taking this birth control."

Amanda B February 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’m 43 year old black female and have been dealing with fibroids since 2013. I was told that the BCP would stop the bleeding. I would bleed for 90 days at a time and had to be put on iron pills and stool softener. I’ve been on them for over 4 months. Two days after I started them I started bleeding. Now I’m about to have a hysterectomy due to going from 1 fibroid to 7. They didn’t shrink at all. I got the last 5 in the last year. I did not break out, but did gain a lot of weight. My doctor wanted me to take them for another 12 months. I said to heck with that! Glad to be off these babies."

T’ara January 17, 2018

For Birth Control "ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! No one in my family has a history of cystic acne and when I started taking this I got cystic acne REALLY bad! I didn’t even know this was the cause of it until I went off of it 6 months later and no my face is totally clear except for all of the SCARRING it caused! I went to the dermatologist and tried many meds to get rid of the acne but it was from this life ruining birth control! I was so depressed and self conscious because of the acne this caused! DO NOT USE THIS"

Julesiscoooool (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control when I was 17. I got it from a private clinic at my high school. I wanted to be protected and feel safe while having sex. However, the nurse did not warn me on the horrible side effects. A while after I started to get UTIs something I never ever had before. That’s not the worse part. I started to have the worse anxiety ever. I was having anxiety attacks at night, insomnia, crying for NO reason, loss motivation. It was the worse stage in my life, I was going crazy. I even went to a therapist. I honestly believe that this birth control was causing all these mental problems. I have now stopped taking birth control. The side effects are not worth it I feel so much better now that I went off it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on these pills since May 2017 and I haven't had side effects but I would tell you to take them on time every day because you will have break through bleeding and it can last from a few days to a few weeks but one this that I can say it that I have lost weight and I don't have crazy cravings, no tender breast, and no headaches ... this has been my first time on BC and I have had a great experience!!!!!"

Kindhearted (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2017

For Birth Control "Well, I'm not pregnant but my skin is a mess and PMS symptoms have been terrible. I hate this stuff, pharmacy gave it to me as a generic for Aviane and I will pay out of pocket before I ever accept it again. I've been on two other generics w/o any side effects, cystic acne just isn't worth it."

Lizzy5000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

For Birth Control "I was previously on lutera and best pill ever with no side effects until the manufacturer change. So my obgyn switched me to sronyx because she said it's the same equivalent. This pill is TERRIBLE!!!! For the first 3 months everything seemed fine and no side effects. After that I started getting bad headaches 3-4 times a week, I was moody and snappy half the month from PMS time to the end of my period, I got my period before I made it to the placebo pills, got horrible cramps which I never get, crying spells, nausea after eating and breakouts. The only benefits are weight loss and increased sex drive, which my boyfriend loves. My obgyn said if this pill didn't work out she would switch me to lessina or alesse and I am switching."

Autumn92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been taking the BC Sronyx for about 2 months, my period have not came on (which is AWESOME), THE DOWNFALL, my hair has started to fall out and become thin, I am very moody (angry), I have gained 10 lbs within the 2 month timeframe. I am starting to have pimples on my face that I never had in my 22 years of life. UGH hate and Today I stopped taking it."

Ty_TY94 August 13, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So far, not so good. Have only been taking Sronyx for 22 days (so maybe it gets better after 2-3 months), during which time I experienced the heaviest period of my life with excessive clotting. Cramps were reduced, however. I'm not prone to acne but have an increased occurrence in pimples since taking. Generally I just feel 'off,' and not like myself."

Wouldn't recommend August 12, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control pill is horrible!! Weight gain, tender breast especially the nipples and horrible back pain."

Bubblelush (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2017

For Birth Control "Finally a birth control that doesn't give me horrible side affects like mood swings and heavy periods. I barely get periods which for me is GREAT!"

Nikkisanti (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control is AWFUL. I was on it for 3 months, and now it's in the trash. My back hurt constantly, my breasts weren't just "tender" they were painful and it even hurt to gentle touch them. My period came twice a month and the cramps were awful. Even weirder, it made my nipples change color. They were first pink and then brown, which caused quite a panic for me since different colored nipples are a sign of pregnancy. After 5 negative tests and a doctor visit, they chalked it up to birth control. The only positive is that I didn't get pregnant."

Lovelyplum (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

For Birth Control "This is my first month taking sronyx. It made me have brown discharge for two weeks, made my breasts sensitive, caused a breakout, and delayed my period. DO NOT RECOMMEND."

Anonymous July 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Sronyx for 5 years & I love it. I started taking the pill when I was 14 & I only gained 5 pounds & I spotted for a few days. I love this pill I'll never change to a different one !"

Breana21 May 10, 2017

For Birth Control "This was the second birth control I tried. The first made me very moody and irritable so I switched to sronyx and it was great. I had absolutely no side effects. I've been on it for 3.5-4 years now and I'm starting to notice some changes. I've been getting bad acne (I've never had acne in my life, maybe a spot a month). I'm not sure if this is due to my increasing age (22)/lifestyle habits or the BC. Also I have gotten so moody, irritable, grumpy, anxious, and depressed (again I don't know if I can say the pill caused this but it slowly crept up on me and I can't figure out another reason for it). I'm not sure if it was a long term thing effect or what but it's making my relationship with my boyfriend of 3 years suffer"

ScCCc April 28, 2017

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I've been on sronyx for about 3 years, at first my doctor's didn't know what was wrong with me because I grow hair in places I shouldn't. They thought birth control would help with my cycle and to slow down the hair growth but it hasn't. I now have high blood pressure and severe headaches but yet I keep taking this pill in hopes it would help. I haven't had a period in at least 2 years, I used to take a name brand and it did give me regular periods."

Mirg April 21, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control is probably the best one. It's the first one I tried and I love it. No side effects AT ALL. I am exactly the same as when I was not on it. I have now been on it for 2 months and it has been perfect. Definitely recommend it!"

Kalyssa10 April 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm getting married in 3 months and did not want to get pregnant before the wedding. Usually I do family planning for birth control and that has worked out great. But me and my fiancé have been having unprotected sex a lot so I decided to go on the pill until the wedding. I started Sunday and it has been a NIGHTMARE! I started crying about the smallest things, which is so abnormal for me. I have never been the emotional type. This began on Day 3. By day 5, I was truly depressed and yelling at my fiancé because he fell asleep before I made it back from the store to help me with my bags. Day 6 is when I came to the realization and started reading about the side effects. For such a small pill, it does a lot of damage. Please do not take this."

Don't Take (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I was put on Sronyx in January, first time being on birth control, and I just started my forth month pack. I was nervous about being put on this birth control because of all the negative reviews I read about it. So I can say that I was a little timid. DON'T LET THE BAD REVIEWS SCARE YOU. After 4 months, I haven't had not one bad side affects with this birth control. I haven't gained weight. My acne hasn't gotten worse. My periods went from heavy 6 days to very like 3 days. I was a cramp sufferer during my period since I started for the first time at the age of 13 (I am now 28), to the point where there was a few times I was almost rushed to the ER for them and I haven't had any cramps whatsoever ever since being on this. Give it a chance!"

JLeighA March 28, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for about 2 weeks. So far I have been spotting every single day and have been breaking out with pimples on my face. No sign in weight gain. Will keep y'all updated as I progress in my birth control journey."

Kaysayz (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017