User Reviews for Sronyx

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 3 reviews 97 medications

3.7
Summary of Sronyx reviews 109 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Sronyx

For Birth Control "I've been on Sronyx for 5 years & I love it. I started taking the pill when I was 14 & I only gained 5 pounds & I spotted for a few days. I love this pill I'll never change to a different one !"

Breana21 May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This was the second birth control I tried. The first made me very moody and irritable so I switched to sronyx and it was great. I had absolutely no side effects. I've been on it for 3.5-4 years now and I'm starting to notice some changes. I've been getting bad acne (I've never had acne in my life, maybe a spot a month). I'm not sure if this is due to my increasing age (22)/lifestyle habits or the BC. Also I have gotten so moody, irritable, grumpy, anxious, and depressed (again I don't know if I can say the pill caused this but it slowly crept up on me and I can't figure out another reason for it). I'm not sure if it was a long term thing effect or what but it's making my relationship with my boyfriend of 3 years suffer"

ScCCc April 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I've been on sronyx for about 3 years, at first my doctor's didn't know what was wrong with me because I grow hair in places I shouldn't. They thought birth control would help with my cycle and to slow down the hair growth but it hasn't. I now have high blood pressure and severe headaches but yet I keep taking this pill in hopes it would help. I haven't had a period in at least 2 years, I used to take a name brand and it did give me regular periods."

Mirg April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This birth control is probably the best one. It's the first one I tried and I love it. No side effects AT ALL. I am exactly the same as when I was not on it. I have now been on it for 2 months and it has been perfect. Definitely recommend it!"

Kalyssa10 April 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm getting married in 3 months and did not want to get pregnant before the wedding. Usually I do family planning for birth control and that has worked out great. But me and my fiancé have been having unprotected sex a lot so I decided to go on the pill until the wedding. I started Sunday and it has been a NIGHTMARE! I started crying about the smallest things, which is so abnormal for me. I have never been the emotional type. This began on Day 3. By day 5, I was truly depressed and yelling at my fiancé because he fell asleep before I made it back from the store to help me with my bags. Day 6 is when I came to the realization and started reading about the side effects. For such a small pill, it does a lot of damage. Please do not take this."

Don't Take (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was put on Sronyx in January, first time being on birth control, and I just started my forth month pack. I was nervous about being put on this birth control because of all the negative reviews I read about it. So I can say that I was a little timid. DON'T LET THE BAD REVIEWS SCARE YOU. After 4 months, I haven't had not one bad side affects with this birth control. I haven't gained weight. My acne hasn't gotten worse. My periods went from heavy 6 days to very like 3 days. I was a cramp sufferer during my period since I started for the first time at the age of 13 (I am now 28), to the point where there was a few times I was almost rushed to the ER for them and I haven't had any cramps whatsoever ever since being on this. Give it a chance!"

JLeighA March 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for about 2 weeks. So far I have been spotting every single day and have been breaking out with pimples on my face. No sign in weight gain. Will keep y'all updated as I progress in my birth control journey."

Kaysayz (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Not the best I don't even know why I stayed on it as long as I did, gave me a UTI the second month and never had one before that lost weight the only good thing was I didn't get pregnant. It kept giving me UTI's though so I had to stop using"

crystal0986 February 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "At first I thought I loved this pill, the problem with it crept in so subtly I didn't notice it (very similar to a previous complaint on saw on here). I've never had issues with anxiety or depression before taking this. About 7 months into taking the pill my anxiety sky rocketed and I became increasingly depressed. Insomnia also became a consistent problem and I seriously thought I was losing my mind. My relationship with my husband also suffered from these serious side effects as I became extremely moody and would cry for no reason and not understand why. My advice would be to seriously monitor how you feel while on this pill and note any changes in mood - becomes it definitely creeps in slowly."

Mae107 February 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My experience started out pretty good with sronyx and to be honest the bad trickled in so subtly that I didn't even realize anything had gone wrong until it hit me full force. My periods used to be 2-4 months apart, but extremely painful when they finally hit. Sronyx eventually started to fix that, although my first 2 packs I bled constantly all the way through until it stopped. I went from an average 76 day cycle to now a 17 day cycle and every period that number gets lower. My anxiety got out of control to the point where I needed professional help and I became physically ill with migraines and nausea that required hospital. I have stopped taking the pill today and will be seeing my doctor first thing. It's not worth it."

Samina1622 February 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I did three months of this, and it was awful. I had previously been on Jolessa which I loved, but wanted a monthly period due to the bad cramps when I finally got my period after 3 months. However, with Sronyx, I noticed I was a lot moodier, crying a lot, spotting a few days before I was even on the placebo pills. Also, I kept getting UTI after UTI which did not happen at all with Jolessa. My anxiety sky rocketed and if anything, I've lost weight due to not being hungry and feeling nauseous when I do eat. I weigh 108 normally, and I've lost 5 pounds since Saturday. I stopped for a long time and didn't finish my pack due to the UTI pain, so I decided to finish it to see if I had the same symptoms. And yep, everything is back besides the UTI"

Meg B W (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have very mixed feelings about this pill. On one hand... The pros: - No more 7 day, murder scene-like periods. Now they're just 3 or 4 days. - Clearer skin - Less suicidal tendencies - Higher libido. Mind you, it wasn't low beforehand either. However... The cons: - As most of the other commentors have mentioned, weight gain. It's month 9 and I'm pretty sure that I've gained 15-17lbs. - More prone to crying - Cramps. I didn't have those pre-this-BC. Not a fan. - Increased cravings for weird stuff. Like crushed ice and gaucemole, although that may just be my anemia... - Higher libido. This is a two way street. Now that I'm in college and attempting to date, I can't afford to be this horny. Luckily, I have self control. - Moods"

DGild (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started on Sronyx when I was 15 bc I had bad clotting while on my period and it was very heavy. By far my favorite birth control out there made me loose almost 20 lbs within 2 months made me feel awesome. No bad side effects and did the job had hardly any cramps and no heavy bleeding. Then when I was 17 got switched to Orthi Tri-Cyclen absolutely the worst. Gained 5 lbs within my 1st cycle. My boobs felt tender and gave me the worst mood swings. And always had a craving . It was like I could never get full my appetite was trough the roof. Then on my first cycled period it gave me clotting and cramps that made me not even wanna move. So bad my back and lower stomac ached. So that resulted in me immediately switching back to Sronyx"

Anonymous October 19, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Best birth control ever. My doctor prescribed this to me because of heavy bleeding but I was more interested in the birth control portion of it. I've been on it for 3 months now, the first month and a half, I did break out a little. No more than a pimple or two here or there (I had easy skin to begin with), and only had headaches and nausea the first week or so. No problems with weight gain AT ALL. I'm a fitness freak, so beginning this drug actually worried me. I stand corrected, if anything my six pack is far more visible than it was prior to taking syronx. Did its job as birth control pretty well, but I still try to use duo protection. Overall pleased, thanks tricare."

coolnursingstudent (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on the pill now for 2.5 years. I started with Apri, hated it and switched to Orsynthia. I had no issues with Orsynthia at all for roughly 1.5 years. It stopped my period altogether for a little over a year, which my doctor was not concerned about. No issues until my insurance company wouldn't cover it anymore so I had to switch to Sronyx. After about one month of being on it, I developed TERRIBLE acne!!! It looked like a papular rash all.over. especially my neck and face. In addition, it made my skin twice as likely to burn in the sun. I have been on it for a total of 3-4 months now and am about to switch back to Orsynthia and let my wallet take a hit. Nothing is worth having a chronic rash this bad all over your neck!"

Adjejwnrbd July 31, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "It did it's job, but came with some nasty side effects. Gained weight and it absolutely killed my sex drive."

krs1993 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on the patch a year ago but everytime i put the patch on after my period i got severe nausea that left me in bed ALL day. I put up with this bc i loved the ease of the patch but it became too much. My college gyno switched me to sronyx. I love it! At first i got some cramps with my period which i had never gotten before but after a month of being on it that has gone away. I did not gain weight at all & actually lost weight, though that may be from other problems (GERD). My period is also lighter and shorter. The only negative side effects i can say are that within the first month and a half i was VERY moody. I got angry very easily, but that has gotten better. i also get more breakouts (chest, face, and back) but they are very minor."

Second Times the Charm (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Sronyx for 2 years and I never had any issues with it. It did lighten my periods, as well as shorten them. I was sexually active for those 2 years and I never got pregnant, so it did its job. I did notice some months I got pretty bad breast tenderness during my period, but it wasn't every single month."

Erks May 4, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I recommend not taking this medication!! I wake up in the middle of the night with nausea and vomiting, breast tenderness that hurts soooooo bad and also it raised my blood pressure. I had perfect blood pressure until I started taking this medicine. It makes me feel dizzy, I just didn't feel like myself at all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Before taking sronyx I used to take loestrin 24 fe and I had no problems with that I enjoyed it ..my doctor prescribed me sronyx recently and as soon as I took this bc I gained about 5 lbs the first month even though I exercise for almost 2 hours 4-5 times a week and my appetite has increased ...I have never felt so hungry to the point where i feel like I'm going to snap! My stomach growls also from so much hunger even though I ate 1-2 hours before!! This pill made me so irritable and angry at everyone around me ! I hate this pill , I am switching !"

Lucero_ April 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is only my second month on birth control. The first month I was taking orsythia and it made my acne disappear within two weeks and I absolutely loved it. I had no issues and my boobs were starting to grow very slowly. I'm about three weeks into syronx and my acne has worsened.. I feel like scarface. My boyfriend and I have great sex so thats the only good thing about this. I've gained a couple pounds but well.. I am only three weeks in and I have been a little stressed... so HOPEFULLY my skin goes back to normal..If not, I'm switching back to orsythia!"

asdfghjklaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This medicine is absolutely terrible. After three months of using it my hair has fallen out so much so that I can see my scalp very visibly and it's very very embarrassing. I stopped taking it and am now considering a copper iud. No more hormones for me."

justwanthelp_julia (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had a severe reaction to this medication. I will never recommend this to anyone!! Severe acne all over my face, neck, chest, & back. I gained 6 lbs in the first week, and then 3 more the next week. I had a headache that never went away."

MAS13 April 23, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Well I've just started my first pack of it and I'm on the sugar pills now but about 1 week ago, I had sex without a condom so we'll see how that goes."

Teenager on the pill (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Ever since I've been taking this I wake up throwing up in the middle of the night- yuck!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2016