User Reviews for Sronyx

Sronyx has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 198 ratings on Drugs.com. 35% of those users who reviewed Sronyx reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control   5.3
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding  Off-label 5.0
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome  Off-label 3.3
Summary of Sronyx reviews 5.2 198 reviews

Reviews for Sronyx

Ella January 27, 2021

“I've been on sronyx since I was 18. Pros: - lessened cramp intensity. I used to have intense cramps for about the first 1-3 days. Now I have less intense cramps for 4-7 days. Definitely better this way as my cramps are no longer intense enough to make me throw up, have to miss work and school, etc - helps my mental health. When I did go off Sronyx for a short time, I discovered I might have PMDD! - didn't help my day-to-day pimples, but I don't get cystic acne (used to get 1-3 nodules/mo on cheek/jaw/temple) anymore! Cons: - none I didn't notice any weight gain, increase in acne, or mental health issues. I worried that birth control would damage my mental health, but it actually helped for me. I'm not sexually active, so I can't comment on the efficacy of the birth control, which is probably a good thing because I'm terrible at taking the pills consistently. I do dread trying for pregnancy later because I do NOT want to go back to those painful cycles!”

lib · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been taking this pill for a month. My boyfriend and I don’t use protection, but he always pulls out, before he nuts. My period is late this month, but this is also my first time ever taking birth control, and the first month of it. Google says that it’s supposed to happen, but yet, I’m so scared that I could be pregnant. It gives me such bad mood swings and I get so mad and yell or get sad and cry about everything.”

Kate · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 4, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I've been on Sronyx for about 2 years. It is an incredible birth control for lighter periods and less pain. I have little to no back pain on this pill and before it I would have unbearable back pain. I really didn't experience any weight gain or physical changes. However, I noticed that my sex drive dropped completely. I have no sex drive and just have become overall not interested. I also have noticed that I feel almost flat in emotions as if my emotions are not very happy anymore. When I did try another BC brand, I noticed a significantly higher sex drive and better mood, but had extreme pain on it so I had to switch back to Sronyx. Sronyx is a great pill, but for me the flat moods and low sex drive have caused me to search for another brand where I can truly feel myself 100%.”

H B · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “I took Sronyx for 3 months, I quickly became very anxious and depressed. For three weeks, I cried every day. I didn't feel like myself. I was very sensitive in general. My drive was pretty much gone. I also gained a slight amount of weight. However, my skin was pretty clear. Immediately after I stopped taking it I felt a lot better. I'm extremely nervous to take anything new now, because of how terrible I felt on this.”

Jenny · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Sronyx for a little over a month and the first two weeks I was a mess. I would cry over everything, it was hard for me to eat because of the nausea, and I was spotting. After that, even though I spotted for a better portion of the month, I was fine. My period was light, shorter, and less painful. I gained about three pound in those two weeks, but I already lost it. It was a roller coaster but I do recommend this pill just because it helps a boat load after the initial storm. Plus side, I’m also not pregnant and my sex drive stayed the same.”

Amber · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Few months on the Sronyx pill and only side effects I’ve experienced is headaches during the first 2 months and that’s it. My period is WAY less heavy and is amazing I’m still getting cramps but not as bad as before”

Anonymous June 12, 2020

For Birth Control: “This is the first time I’ve taken any type of birth control. I’ve been on Sronyx for a little over a year and am quite satisfied. My prescriber said to stick it out for the first three months and any side effects would subside. When I first started taking it my breasts were noticeably larger and very tender. At exactly the three month mark they went back to normal. Periods last about 4 days and are light and painless. My weight didn’t fluctuate at all. I’ve been fortunate to always have had good skin, this didn’t change anything. Many people mention changes in mood/ anxiety/ depression, in my experience when I first started taking it I felt genuinely happier and had more energy. My only complaint is that my sex drive has plummeted.”

Libitina · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve only been on this pill Sronyx for 6 weeks and am choosing to stop taking this pill. In the beginning I was nauseous, leg pain, face broke out, and I grew some brown spots that don’t exactly look like moles. I bled irregularly for the first 2-3 weeks and then did not get my period at all the first month. My libido is up but I have a hard time to orgasm. Then the pain that started in my lower leg slowly crept up to my thigh, it randomly hurts and feels deep, massaging does not help. I am now getting pains in my arms and neck and will no longer take this garbage. WAY too many side effects for me! And I’m scared it could be an embolism and kill me.... ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH TAKING!!! I read the insert, I read what the website says and they make many of these symptoms seem incredibly minimal....so why did I get so many so fast?? I’m done!! Change your birth control!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 1, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I have been taking this pill Sronyx for a year now. I had originally started to help regulate my cycle. The first three months were bad! My period was so heavy and a little over 2 weeks long. I asked my doctor for advise and she told me my body just needed to get used to the pill. So I continued to take it. My periods are about 7-9 days they still are not predictable, moderate amount of bleeding, however very painful cramping. I have headaches frequently and have noticed bloating. I also have bad breakouts around the time of my period like cystic acne. Overall did not really help me with what I needed so would not recommend.”

Anonymous March 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've never felt more depressed in my entire life”

Anonymous March 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “The first 3 months on Sronyx were very difficult. I've now been on it for a year and overall I don't like it. I have bad headaches once a month, my skin is always breaking out, and my overall mood is flat.”

marissa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “I absolutely love Sronyx! I had a few issues with it for only the first few months: such as my acne was pretty bad at first, but it was probably because my hormones were starting to adjust to taking the birth control. After about a month or two the acne had subsided, and now my face is clear! I also initially experienced a bit of weight gain, especially my breasts. But with some working out at the gym and keeping my appetite at bay, all of that initial weight gain is now gone and I am back to my normal size! My periods have been a breeze. I still experience some cramping, but it's not nearly as bad as before I went on birth control. My bleeding is also a LOT lighter, I no longer have to change my tampon every hour like I used to. The first few months are a little rocky, but don't give up on it after just a month or two. Just wait it out, and allow your body some time to get used to this pill... it will be worth it!”

Ks mom · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 22, 2020

For Birth Control: “My daughter has been on Sronyx for years. Started having a headache and then had a really bad seizure. She is now on her 17th day on life support. It turns out that a blood clot from her birth control went to her brain. I pray that she makes it through this horrible situation but I want everyone to realize the dangers of this pill.”

Only variable · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was switched automatically from lutera To this Sronyx by my pharmacy 6 weeks ago. I’ve been on birth control on and off for 17 years and have two kids. This is not the same as lutera even though it is marketed with the same active ingredients. I’ve been on the pill 6 weeks and I can not have a good orgasm with my husband. We’ve tried everything and the last 8 times it has been flat.This is the only thing that has changed in the past 6 weeks.”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “The first few weeks were kind of bad I got little bumps on my forehead but it was under the skin so u couldn’t really see it u less u touched it. It made me super nauseous but after that it was completely fine. A year later though my body has changed a lot so my cramps started coming back so I am switching. But other than that it was good.”

Carla · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

“I started taking this pill on the first day of my period, to help with PMDD . So far it’s been 14 days and my period has not stopped, my normal period last 3-4 days . I was prescribed this to help regulate my mood due to my PMDD . So far I still feel very anxious and depressed. My symptoms from PMDD still remain . I began to breakout but I have had no nausea or breast tenderness and no headache but I insomnia started presenting itself. I haven’t had a good night sleep since I started the pill.”

Shanina January 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I’ve been on this pill for 3 months and I’ve noticed my acne getting really bad! I’ve never had acne before and now it’s so bad. Other than my acne being terrible, the pill has been great. I haven’t had any bad symptoms besides the acne. Honestly, if you want to get on a birth control to help you with your acne then this might not be the right one for you.”

Riss · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I have taken this birth control medicine for less than a month and it SUCKS my doctor gave it to me to decrease my cramps and to have lighter periods and I cry all the time about the stupidest things and I’ve been randomly spotting for about a week now. My cramps are not as bad but it makes me an emotional mess and my boobs hurt so bad, running up and down the stairs is a struggle. I have an increased appetite too, which I soon think will result in weight gain even though I’m very active. I don’t recommend but everyone is different.”

Samantha December 9, 2019

For Birth Control: “I haven’t seen many recent reviews on this and wanted to share my thoughts. I’ve been on this pill to prevent pregnancy for 3 years now. After reading reviews I’m very interested as some of my bad symptoms line up with others. So positives first, I did not get pregnant - unprotected (other than the pill) for 3 years. I also had MUCH lighter periods. 3 days total of bleeding, very light bleeding and only cramps on one day. I was very regular and on time with these meds. In the last few years I’ve been getting really bad headaches as well as acne (which acne I never ever had). I never linked the two things together for some reason, but realized it’s a strong possibility those things could be from the meds. I also gained probably 10 pounds on this medicine, I hold water like CRAZY. Overall, as long as you don’t mind the side effects; this one reallllly did the job for me when it comes to staying un-pregnant. Hope this helps!!!”

Bree · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2019

For Birth Control: “At first Sronyx birth control was okay I had no symptoms the first week, the second week my face broke out in cystic acne on my cheeks. I’ve been battling with trying to clear it up it’s so ugly and I’ve never broke out on my cheeks now it’s leaving scarring, to add insult to injury it made me gain 5-7lbs apparently. I’ve since then stopped taking it and still dealing with the acne I had. But the only positive is that it made my period lighter, and bearable. For once in an entire year I didn’t have to change my clothes a thousand times.”

Andee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 24, 2019

For Birth Control: “I started this pill Srongyx 5 months ago after the pharmacy switched me off lutera. The first few weeks I was having really bad cervix area pain. After that subsided everything was alright for a little while. After about 2 months I noticed I gained about 10 lbs and my hair was coming out more often in the shower. No other side effects until about month 4 when I started noticing how depressed I was becoming. This pill has turned me from a sweet, kind and patient person into a monster. My anxiety has skyrocketed and I've fallen into the deepest depression of my life. I'm not myself anymore so I decided to just stop taking all bc for a while. The only upside to this pill is it kept me from getting pregnant and cleared up my acne.”

Beezo · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “I tried birth control in college (Lo Estrin) and it was terrible. Mood changes made me act like a demon to my roommates, boobs grew, terrible nausea. Sronyx was recommended by my OBGYN and I love it! I have a gained a little weight and experience nausea from time to time but otherwise I don’t notice any side effects. Tried the generic Nutera and it gave me headaches so yeah they are not the same don’t let the pharmacist tell you otherwise!!”

Lili · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2019

For Birth Control: “It is my first time taking birth control. That's why I was a bit nervous how my body will react. I'm still in the first three months. Second to be exact.(My doctor told me that the body needs about 3 months to adapt). I didn't feel any significant changes. Nothing too different than my regular PMS. No weight gain. No nausea. No mood changes. Of course my period was way shorter and less painful. My boobs became bigger (not a lot..but still). I got way more pimples before my period than usual but my face cleared out after that. I always try to eat something or have a snack before I take the pill and take it at the same time every day. Overall I think it's a good choice. Ps Everyone body is different so you might react differently. But I suggest you to try it out.”

Linds · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve begun to notice that my hair has been getting thinner especially at the hair line. My period started when I was on the real pills so that sucked. It definitely helped with the pains, as I once had to leave classes because my cramps made it so I couldn’t focus on anything else. I have noticed that I’ve begun to cry more often for no reason and I’ve gained 4 pounds within 5 weeks of the pill. Use with caution.”

Meh September 2, 2019

For Birth Control: “This birth control Sronyx is just okay. My pharmacy switched me to it from another brand birth control I really loved. I don’t love this one but it does the job. I don’t have many side effects. Not as moody as some other pills have made. This made my boobs bigger and I gained a little weight but not a significant amount, and it’s likely more due to my own habits than the pill. This one is fine but next script I’ll probably ask for another brand.”