User Reviews for Sronyx

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
3.2

Summary of Sronyx reviews 5.5 145 reviews

Reviews for Sronyx

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Sronyx for at least 3 months and I do not like it at all. I’ve been spotting every day for over a month and have terrible mood swings. I go from 0 to 100 so fast, it’s embarrassing. I went from working out 3 times a week to barely making it through the day with any energy left. I will be switching to something better. The only pro is my breasts have gotten a little fuller. I’ll take being flat chested over bleeding out any day."

s (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control since I was 17 and it does work aside from a few side effects and it been helping with my period and I've at one point caused weight loss but aside from that it works better than the shot I use for 6 months"

Artsypanda94 November 5, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My doctor prescribed this pill to help reduce my heavy bleeding due to fibroids. I'm on my 2 month and am very happy with the pill it has significantly reduced my period flow. I also have anxiety and have noticed this pill has helped with my mood swings. I'm more relaxed and less irritated. I don't get spotting in between period s and that's a plus."

Elizabeth (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I started menstruating at age 16 and have always had irregular periods (4-6 months apart) due to the fact that I was a high-intensity level athlete throughout high school and college. When I graduated my OBGYN started me on Sronyx at age 21 and said I needed to be having regular periods. I didn't have any issues with this BC other than getting my period every month, on the dot as I was supposed to, but that was only an issue for me because I was not used to it. I didn't experience acne, mood swings, etc and liked that my partner and I were able to have unprotected sex without fear of pregnancy. After my relationship ended I stopped taking BC because of all the negative side effects I've heard it can have (blood clots, etc.). I've been off it for 9 months now, my periods are back to being irregular, but not as irregular as before. I'm considering restarting it again because I am getting more serious with a someone and don't want to have to worry about pregnancy."

Jojo October 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about a year now. (I switched from Lo Loestrin because I was having bad side effects from that pill after being on it for 2 years) I really do not recommend Sronyx at all. There are zero positives to this birth control besides the fact that it prevents pregnancy. To start, I get horrible mood swings and anxiety the week before my period all the way through to the end of my period. I get massive migraines during my placebo pill week to the point where I have to just go to bed because it hurts to even look at light. Then, in between my period and starting a new month of pills, I get a yeast infection from the hormone imbalance. Other negatives include drying out my vagina which totally brings my sex drive down, bloating, and breaking out by my chin and jawline (which other reviews say also). Just overall bad. I can't wait to switch off of this one."

Emma (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Cons: Caused me to have a recurrence of cystic acne on my face and acne on my body, terrible mood swings, fatigue beyond belief, worsened depression and anxiety, difficulty eating from nausea, and general vaginal irritation from changed pH. Whenever I would get stressed I'd spot, often bad enough to ruin underwear and pants Pros: It kept me from being pregnant and shortened my period from 3 weeks to 5 days. My new obgyn immediately swapped me to an new BCP when she saw it last week and told me the dose of hormones in the pill can be harsh on some women so take with caution. Or just don't take it. It's safer that way."

Sronyx sux (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched to this 3 months ago from a different pill because the other pill had killed my sex drive (I thought). I also cycle through because I'm trans and bleeding triggers my dysphoria. this is absolutely garbage. it did absolutely nothing for my sex drive (made it even less, if that was even possible?) and they are terrible for cycling though. I get random periods - yes, full periods - unexpectedly. The nurse told me to stop the pills for 3-4 days at the first sign of bleeding and let it run its course, which I tried, except then I end up bleeding for a week. It also gave me HORRIBLE dry mouth when I first got on it and if I miss more than a single dose of the pill the dry mouth coms back and it takes a week to go away. Unfortunately I have another 3 months to go before I can switch off it but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone"

chrissy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Despite reading bad reviews, I thought I would try out this birth control. At first you get a tiny bit of acne, but then your skin is clearer than ever! Also my periods are less painful and lighter."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about 4 months now. I loved it at first because my period was so light and I normally have a more heavy flow. However my light flow continued for 10-15 days per cycle. I had maybe 2 weeks in between each period and they lasted so long. I had terrible chin acne like I have never had before and a lot of under the skin acne. It was nice at first but I'm excited to switch."

Jane (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "Looking for current comments on this drug. I am switching from the Depo Shot to the pill. This is the first one I'm trying. Everything I'm reading has mixed reviews. Anyone taking this pill? Please list your age also, I'm 42 and for health reasons, I'm getting off Depo."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I love this BC because it is a low dose, I have not had any negative side effects other than my face wasn't as clear but it wasn't awful breaks outs either. My periods have always been 2-4 days and very regular. I have not had any breast pains or cramping. But everyone is different. I would recommend trying this out, I have been on this for almost 3 years and I will say if you are switching from a higher dose then this will be a bumpy transition but it will fix itself when you hormones get adjusted (I'd say about 2 months, or 2 period cycles). Like I said it may work for some but not everyone"

LOU (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on sronyx on and off for about 4 years. I like that it keeps my acne away but my periods are very very short and irregular. Like I get a 2 day period. I know some people wouldn't be complaining about that but before this I had paragard placed and my periods were 10-12 days. It doesn't feel normal to only bleed for 2 days, I'd like at least 4 to be healthy... my hair also falls out a lot and it makes my breasts swell to high heaven. Be careful if you have depression as well, mood swings can be random."

APC3536 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Listen, do not take this pill it literally is absolute utter garbage. My breasts feel like they are getting naruto kicked every day, my cramps are worse than before I took it, my periods are super irregular, it’s made my acne worse and don’t even get me started on how this pill has made me actually psycho. if you have depression or anxiety I don’t suggest taking this because it will make it so much worse."

very angry hormonal teenager (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Sronyx for 2 months. I have been on birth control for over 10 years on and off. Sronyx has made me breakout so bad on my chin and jawline. I didn't really correlate the acne to this pill until I went to get a facial to try and help my skin and she told me that acne on the chin and jaw is hormonal. I then started doing research to find out many people have had problems with acne on this pill. This is a deal breaker for me, especially since I am getting married in 2 months. I have stopped taking it as of today and hope my skin will clear up in time for the wedding!"

jla1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Within 3 months of starting this birth control pill, which I admit I initially liked due to the apparent lack of side effects, I developed a DVT in the leg that dislodged and formed a pulmonary embolism. I just spent 3 days in the hospital because of this."

Former user (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been on this medicine since this past February and at first it was great and actually helped to clear my face. But it was all downhill from there I have such terrible acne and red patches on my face and I hate going out without makeup on. I gained A LOT of weight and I am athletic so I was maintaining a weight of about 145 pounds and I now weight about 170. This pill causes me an intense amount of bloating and stomach cramps. Like they are literally debilitating and make me feel like I’m going to vomit! I get horrible headaches too and this started when I was put on Sronyx. I do NOT recommend this pill at all! Made life a lot harder, I’m switching back to Medroxyprogestorone pills instead of a daily birth control pill so my periods come."

Tori (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Sronyx for 5-6 years and it was great. Then one day I was hospitalized and didn't have access to my birth control pills, when I finally was able to take them (1 month later) I broke out like crazy. I never had acne growing up so this really hit my self-esteem. My OBGYN has since switched me to a different pill and the acne has lessened but the acne scars from that time period still remains."

Carly (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on sronyx birth control for 2 months now. I started taking it when my period started (like instructed to do). The next day my period had stopped COMPLETELY. The week before Father's Day, I started spotting (no big deal). My breasts were so tender I couldn't stand to take my bra off, unusual pain (down there) and cramps so bad I would be doubled over and vomiting. It has caused major mood swings to the point I snap at a drop of a pen. The breakthrough bleeding has been going on for two weeks and still going. My doctor has been called about it. I do NOT recommend Sronyx at all. When I took Lutera, I never had these problems."

Red June 22, 2018

For Birth Control "The pharmacist just gave my Sronyx as a replacement for what I was previously taking and I’ve been on Sronyx for a week and half and my breast have never hurt so terribly in my life. Specifically the nipples. This has made it extremely painful to the touch I feel as though my breasts are heavy and engorged and I’m not pregnant. I do not recommend at all."

Bleh (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Pharmacy keeps changing my birth control and eventually they gave me Sronyx. I hate it. I’ve had the worst experience with it so far. I don’t feel like myself, my hormone are all out of whack. It’s caused acne which keeps coming back, every other week I have a new pimple and they last for weeks and they’re so dark and hurt. I use to have really bad acne and got it under control and had really pretty clear, smooth skin, now it’s awful. I’m ashamed to walk out the house without wearing makeup, my confidence is now low because of this. And it’s caused me to start spotting, I’ve never had these problems with my other birth controls. Only thing that’s it’s been helpful with is making me not pregnant, so it’s doing it’s job but the side effects aren’t worth it for me."

at least I’m not pregnant May 26, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control is the absolute worst. I have had a past with acne and i’ve been so insecure about it and when I got on birth control I was so excited that it could help my acne and then it made it 20 times worse. My acne has never been this bad in my life! It’s also made me extremely angry all the time for no reason and made my breasts hurt so bad to the point where I couldn’t touch them without feeling like they were covered in bruises. do not recommend"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Birth Control "This BC helped my cramps tremendously, but gave me the worst acne of my LIFE. Its cystic and lingers. I've been on it for a year exactly, and the acne only got worse."

XMW (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I LOVED this birthcontol, I had absolutely no issues with it and I would totally recommend it. But obviously everyone’s body is different so other people may have had horrible experiences, but it worked well for me."

Emily (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this pill back in September and at first I loved It. I had no problems at all. My cramps were less painful and my period was lighter and shorter. But then... It ruined my life. Not to be dramatic but seriously. It’s been causing me to have really bad cystic acne since I’d say the 3rd month in. I’ve continued to stay on it because I thought my body would just adjust to the hormonal changes but It has only gotten worse. Once I feel as though my acne is getting better, poof there’s a new one. To add, I’ve had almost perfect skin for 20 years. Now I’m ashamed to even step outside without makeup because of all the scaring and pimples. I would highly suggest not taking this birth control."

Amanda B February 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’m 43 year old black female and have been dealing with fibroids since 2013. I was told that the BCP would stop the bleeding. I would bleed for 90 days at a time and had to be put on iron pills and stool softener. I’ve been on them for over 4 months. Two days after I started them I started bleeding. Now I’m about to have a hysterectomy due to going from 1 fibroid to 7. They didn’t shrink at all. I got the last 5 in the last year. I did not break out, but did gain a lot of weight. My doctor wanted me to take them for another 12 months. I said to heck with that! Glad to be off these babies."

T’ara January 17, 2018