User Reviews for Lutera

Ovarian Cysts 2 reviews 55 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 2 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Lutera reviews 233 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Lutera

For Birth Control "I am highly surprised at all the negative reviews of this pill. It's in unfortunate that so many women have had a negative experience with this. As for me, this is by far one of the best birth control pills I have ever taken. I started taking this three months ago as a form of cycle control. I skipped the placebo pills for the last three months. Honestly, I haven't had any issues with mood swings's, in fact I felt happier which is an interesting side effect. Normally when I start a pill pack, the first three days are extremely nauseating. With this pillpack, I did not have any nausea. I also had an extremely high sex drive. Based on my experience I would recommend them to a friend. Glad I didn't Read the reviews first or else I would've turned them down. Keep an open mind everybody's body will react differently."

Jamie Smith (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for almost a month since July 2nd and I schudeuled an appointment with my OBGYN today due to this contraceptive cause lots of bleeding. I started on the first day I bleed from my last period and it's July 28th and I am currently still on my period. My doctor prescribed me Lo Loestrin now and I hope it helps me out. But with Lutera it was a horrible experience, Lots of headaches, low sex drive, MANY mood swings/depression. I got into many many arguments with my boyfriend this month and I had my relationship in danger!"

Lily1218 July 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control pills for about a month now. My experience with it is not that bad, the only effects I've been having are spotting after my period, some changes of mood, more bleeding on my period, my breast has been getting bigger (tho I like this effect), and the cramps are a little stronger, no headaches, no depression, no weight gain (but if I get some weight in the future it will be fantastic), and it has been helping me with my yeast infeccion, and the most important, still not pregnant. I hope that my body will adjust to this hormones and some of this effects will reduce or disapear."

panlli July 27, 2016

For Birth Control "After taking Lutera for 4 months, all of a sudden I got my period two times in three weeks. Since I started taking it my breasts got huge, I gained weight, I've been depressed and my sleep pattern has been thrown off. As soon as I stopped taking it I felt 1000 times better, I feel like myself again, and now just have to work on getting back into shape because of the weight gain."

LPC5 July 12, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been taking Lutera for Dilated veins in uterus (PVC) i've been on it for about 3 months to ease cramps & decrease bleeding, but it hasn't really done either. During the first month of the pill, I bled daily so I didn't necessarily have a period. I also gained about 5 pounds within 2 weeks, became extremely moody & still had issues with cramps. Month 2, I still experienced a lot of spotting, but it would be supressed for about a day or two, then continue for a week. I actually had a lighter period & some of the cramping was eased, but the weight gain & moodiness came with depression, lack of energy & made my skin breakout (seeing I never really had acne issues). I'm almost done with my 3rd pack & I plan to switch pills once I'm able to visit my doctor again."

mymymy937 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the worst cramps of my life, headaches, had volatile mood swings, seemed to have gain weight on this pill. Was not a good idea and will switch soon."

adfjvand (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2016

For Birth Control "The worst! I've been on Lutera for over two years. While taking this birth control I experience headaches, mood swings, depression, weight gain, drop in sex drive, and extremely long periods.my period will last 8-9days with occasional spotting between periods and other months 3-4weeks (<--maybe 3times since I started 2yrs ago) I was told this would make period lighter... Yeah not as heavy but longer :( After the 1st yr i spoke with my ob to make sure I didn't have any issues like fibroids, etc... And everything was normal so I decided to keep trying Lutera in the hopes my body would adjust. Boy was I wrong. The only pro is I'm not pregnant :) I'm definitely switching birth control #2years2long"

BDT June 25, 2016

For Birth Control "Started taking 3 years ago. It is important to understand more people will review for negative experiences... When I realized all the negative reviews on this birth control, I thought it was time to hear from a lutera "expert" (of course everyone's body is different) PROS: LIGHTER periods (went from 5-7 days of super tampons to 2-3 days of regular/light tampons!), CONSISTENT periods, LESS cramps, BIGGER boobs (lol I went up from an A to a B so I personally like this), NO pregnancy! CONS: HEADACHES (before/during/after period), MOOD SWINGS/DEPRESSION (idk if I'm crazy but I cry a lot and cause fights), BROWN periods, ACNE (never broke out before), WEIGHT GAIN (20lbs in 3 yrs)"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I took the pill for about 6 month the first 3 months were the worst for me i was cranky my sex drive went down the drain i was dry down there and i became depressed after i started to feel better just bad cramps.. the pill is effective just the side effects are the worst"

mynameiskathy June 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on lutera for 3 months after switching from another birth control.. Within 3 months I have gained over 35lbs- not even in my boobs. I eat healthy, exercise daily - and still gained weight. Not to mention the constant mood swings or depression. My boyfriend & I never really argued until I was put on lutera. I would be perfectly fine one minute then yelling at him for nothing the next. I hate how this pill makes me. Stupid hormones. I already called my pharmacy & they're ordering my old birth control for me so ill be back on that when this pack runs out."

ThisPillSucks June 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I had been on orsythia for over 2 years with no problem before being put on lutera, which I told was just another generic form. WRONG! Lutera has made me moody all month long, my craps are bad. I've been on lutera for about 4 or 5 months. I've talked to my pharmacist to give me something else."

sunshineegirl June 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Junel Fe for 2 years and only just switched to Lutera last week because I felt like my boobs were shrinking on Junel Fe (I'm going back on Junel Fe tomorrow!). Since then, I have felt like absolute CRAP! I used to be anorexic and now that I'm so bloated I feel like never eating again! I work out every day and my abs were so defined until I took my first pill. I do not recommend this birth control because it makes you blow up like a whale! If you don't mind that then there's nothing wrong with taking Lutera."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for almost 2 years. This pill actually stopped spotting that was occurring from my previous pill. No side effects, no weight gain, no mood swing, none of those. Not only that, my period is even shorter and lighter (or that's just with my aging). I am very healthy active late 40's, exercise regularly. Even being on this pill I was able to lose over 50 pounds. I will continue to take this until I don't have to anymore."

MFPJP (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Before getting on BC, i was absolutely terrified because of the side effects and all the god awful reviews. I've been on Lutera now for 2 months, which isn't a very long time, but i wanted to still give my review. My body might start to react differently in the later future but if it stays at where it's at now, i'll be so so happy. My period is much lighter, cramps are the same, i haven't bloated like a balloon, etc. I always experienced mood swings during my periods and I think i'm just about the same with birth control, no more no less (yoga helps a LOT with my insane moods), sometimes i'll get a headache from the pill sometimes but lasts about half an hour. My boobs are pretty sore here and there after taking the pill. Nothing else!"

isabella isabella June 5, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I've been on many pills and have bad experience with all of them. Mood swings, depression, exhaustion, loss of sex drive, breakouts, etc. etc. Lutera seems like one of the best-of-the-worst I guess... it made my boobs plumper which rocks, but I've lost my sex drive pretty much entirely so what is the point of that?!? I'm taking it to control Ovarian Cysts and Endometriosis but I'm going to stop, maybe try another, cause I find that I get mad or resentful at my boyfriend when there's nothing out of the ordinary going on, and I don't really care if I see my friends or not... stuff I used to feel passionate about is like... whatever. I miss me. At least Lutera didn't make me feel like offing myself like Ortho did, but it's still not great."

F The Pill (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I started with Ortho Tri Cyclen, and only switched because of breakthrough bleeding. I am currently on Day 40. The first two weeks I noticed nausea, listlessness, and mild depression, but thought nothing of it because I was starting a new dose of hormones. No breakouts, weight gain or bleeding. Week one in the second pack, the nausea was back and accompanied by headaches. I noticed myself starting to get depressed again, and my anxiety was constant all day. I went through a spell and cried for two and a half days in a row. I then knew it was definitely hormone related because nothing was even wrong. This almost cost me my relationship."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Endometriosis "I received this from the pharmacy a couple of different times. Each time, I fully expected it to work like 'Alesse', used to work for me. Alesse, in my past, would quell my endometriosis pain, & bloating, so wonderfully. This lutera, each time I used it, puffed, & bloated me up SO much, that I swear it's NOT the same ingredients as Alesse. It felt like a totally different god awful pill. It felt like I perpetually, was in PMS mode; bloated to a highly uncomfortable level! Something is amiss with this pill. Whether it even has levenorgestrel in it, is debatable. It needs to be scrutinized on what level of estrogen is in there, too, since generics do not have to be exact. It had horrible side effects for me. Aviane seems to work much better"

glitterglam (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Lutera the end of Feb. 2016. I was getting married and thought I would give it a try. It's pretty good over all, I don't have any emotional problems and it doesn't make me sick to my stomach. However, I've gained 17 pounds in 2 months! My boobs got a lot bigger as well. I went from 165 lbs at my wedding to 182 lbs. today May 9th, 2016! I feel so bloated and fat! I am in my late 40's. I was anorexic in my early 20's. This medicine makes me want to stop eating again! Other than the weight gain it's ok but I don't think I will stay on it. "

Graycen (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the worst pill I have ever taken, and I've been on several. I didn't connect the dots until I had been on this pill for almost 4 months. The only pro was that it lessened cramps. CONS: Spotting for an entire month when I first started. My acne flared up uncontrollably. My mood swings were insane and I thought I was depressed. I didn't realize that it was this awful pill doing this to my body. I wish I had never taken this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Lutera for almost 4 years and it has been pretty good. I haven't noticed any terrible side effects except for when I take the first pill of a new pack - if I eat or drink anything within the first few hours of taking the pill I will feel nauseous. That's why I take it just before bed on Friday nights now. The first year or so I would also feel incredibly tired starting about an hour after taking the first pill of the pack, but that has since gone away. As for other side effects I can't really remember what my body would normally "do" without the pill."

saladfingers (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I DO NOT RECOMMEND. I've tried plenty of other pills in the past (Lessina, Norinyl, Syeda to name a few) and this is my least favorite. I stopped taking birth control for a couple of years but recently decided to get back on so my doctor prescribed me Lutera. Within weeks, it made me more irritable/sensitive (I would cry for no reason) and my sex drive became nonexistent. I had instances where I would be interested in having sex but couldn't enjoy it due to painful cramps. I also felt extremely nauseous, had horrible indigestion, my acne came back, & felt bloated the entire time I was on this pill. Aaand, I had breakthrough bleeding for 3 weeks straight. Thankful I was able to switch back to a generic of Yaz, it's quite an improvement."

smnavq April 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using Lutera for a bout a month now and I hate it! My acne is so bad On this brand. Although it does protect against pregnancy which is good. I haven't gotten a period yet. Just a little bit of spotting. When I 1st started taking Lutera I got real bad body aches... And I feel very moody... Will be talking to my doctor about switching back to Aubra"

Tay1246 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control is TERRIBLE!!! It increased my mood swings, made me feel as if I was on my cycle for about a week and a half (which only lasts normally 5 days), decreased my sex drive, caused me to discharge a lot, and caused a drastic weight gain (at least 15lbs)...only gave it 2/10 because I didn't get pregnant..."

mariammg April 18, 2016

For Birth Control "One week. Still top notch shape. Luckily, my peripd ended a day earlier thsn my usual 5 day period. Of course all medicines require side effects.dont feel extra moody or anything. My only concern is dry eyes so far when wearing my contacts, which will hopefully will subside before next month where i will be taking my yoga teacher intensive training. Definitely dramatically proved to subside much of my hormonal imbalance symptoms. I am 4"11 and 100 lbs.. 28 years old. Healthy, active and finally seeing my acne under control in one week!"

SamanthaRose357 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "This is a horrible birth control I've tried several and this is by far the worst I've been taking it for about 8 months have gained several pounds, have terrible mood swings, most days I feel sick and have lost a lot of my hair. I though most side effects would go away after a few month but that is not the case. Taking this pill is one of the worst things you can do to your body"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 1, 2016