User Reviews for Lutera to treat Endometriosis

Lutera has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Endometriosis. 67% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Lutera Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 76 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Leah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 17, 2019

“I took Lutera for a year from sophomore year to junior year back in high school. It was prescribed to me because endometriosis runs in my family and I was starting to show symptoms and missed school 2-3 days a month due to cramps. First month was fine, but then I began to have 2 periods a cycle. I had no problems with acne besides when I was in 6th grade and had my first period, but I began to develop severely painful cystic acne all over my face. I began starting actual physical fights with people, something I had never done before, as I’m a very calm person. I came to realize all the drastic changes that had happened in that year of use, so I switched birth controls and I’ve felt like my normal self ever since. Ladies, PLEASE take action if you don’t begin to feel like yourself! I know a lot of others that have experienced the same thing, and I advise extreme bodily awareness while taking this.”

Amidala · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2013

“Much lighter periods. Hardly any cramps. Effective as birth control. Fast hair growth everywhere. I wore a size 12 dress comfortably when I started Lutera three months ago. I'm now struggling to fit into a size 14 and I've been more active than usual. I guess it's pushing me to exercise regularly so that's kind of a plus.”

ASC1987 May 27, 2017

“I've been on this pill for a few months. It's been great. Regulated my period, made it lighter and shorter, reduced cramping and pms symptoms. Occasionally during month one I had some headaches. Otherwise no side effects.”

JillianJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 3, 2018

“This BC has literally been a lifesaver. I have Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) , endo, and PMDD (and at one point used this as birth control) and had an incredible decrease in symptoms. No weight gain, no loss of sex drive, no mood swings, my acne cleared up, my anxiety calmed and depression was more manageable, and I never had a pregnancy scare. I switched to Orsythia for about a month and had to switch to Lutera as a medical necessity due to my negative reactions with Orsythia. I cannot say enough good about this pill.”

glitterglam · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2016

“I received this from the pharmacy a couple of different times. Each time, I fully expected it to work like 'Alesse', used to work for me. Alesse, in my past, would quell my endometriosis pain, & bloating, so wonderfully. This lutera, each time I used it, puffed, & bloated me up SO much, that I swear it's NOT the same ingredients as Alesse. It felt like a totally different god awful pill. It felt like I perpetually, was in PMS mode; bloated to a highly uncomfortable level! Something is amiss with this pill. Whether it even has levenorgestrel in it, is debatable. It needs to be scrutinized on what level of estrogen is in there, too, since generics do not have to be exact. It had horrible side effects for me. Aviane seems to work much better”

makanag April 7, 2010

“Started Lutera six months after the pains started and the very first month my pains have gone down significantly. I'm amazed and grateful for this pill!”

Learn more about Endometriosis