User Reviews for Levora

5.2
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 3 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Levora reviews 128 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Levora

For Birth Control "Levora is the only birth control I have ever taken so I had nothing to compare it to. My acne has cleared up nicely but have not noticed any change in breast size. My periods aren't much better than what they were except now they're on time. I haven't gotten pregnant but every month I worry at the slightest symptom I probably get from these pills. I have noticed crazy emotions as well as crying a lot more."

Omgsrslyallthenicknamesaregone August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on Levora because I wanted to skip and reduce my heavy periods as well as clear up my hormonal acne. At first my acne cleared, but around 6 months later, my acne returned and seems to be worse, some actually cystic. My periods are still immensely heavy and around 6 days, but I skip my period for 3 months at a time so I am thankful I have birth control to be able to only have it a few times a year. I get terrible cramps and even my parents noticed that my moods are inconsistent and that my depression seems to have worsened. I have gained weight that is seemingly impossibly to lose and my sex drive is so low for a teenager. I'm going to stop taking it after this pack and see how my body reacts."

KKlevora August 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this about 8 months ago and up until 4 months ago I was fine with it. I have been suffering major depression, suicidal thoughts, anger issues( I never had anger issues before this pill), and I'm always bleeding. I get spotting at least every week for three days. My sex drive has decreased. I am constantly having yeast infections and when I get turned on I can barely get wet like I use to normally before I took this pill no matter how horny I am. Even though high blood pressure runs in my family as an 18 year old my blood pressure is way to high especially for taking birth control and my blood presume meds. Whatever you do, DON'T TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL. Calling my doctor tomorrow to get off this drug after reading into it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on it for about a year and well I did gain about 10-15 pounds and what's worse is that it makes me lazy and exhausted all the time. It does have some benefits like not getting pregnant, it made my face clear up and glow, also regular short and light periods, and I did in fact noticed my boobs get bigger which I did not mind. Once I noticed my weight gain I had to make healthier choices and definitely work out. I just don't like that it makes me tired. I read on here that it affects your sex drive. I've never had a problem with mine. I do believe every body reacts to it differently."

VivianneS (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2016

For Birth Control "These pills made me moody, over sensitive, I've had depression problems before but this just made them get back for no reason, mostly at nights. It cost me a very dear relationship. My skin got greasy, mostly on my face and scalp, I gained a lot of weight I'm still trying to lose, made me feel nauseas and it messed up my liver. I have nothing positive to say about it. My new OB/GYN told me to stop them asap and I did in hopes to see the change and get my self back. Do not take this crap."

HORRIBLE! (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control is HORRIBLE. Every negative thing that people have been saying is true for me, besides the positive things (but everybody's bodies are different). I have NEVER had acne before taking this medicine and now my skin is horrible, my sex drive is lower, I've been super sensitive to everything and I cry almost every day about literally nothing. I also gained 10 pounds in the 3.5 months I've been taking it. I'm getting a new prescription ASAP!"

Tl23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Due to being diagnosed w/ Polystic Ovary Syndrome, my doctor put me on Yasmin but later switched me to Levora. This birth control has its pros & cons. Pros: I never got pregnant, even though I was a little inconsistent w/ the time I took it & sometimes would even forget. Cons: It did not help w/ my acne. I was easily irritated & would be depressed when my period was coming. It was very difficult to shed pounds & very easy to gain weight, so I had to be cautious w/ my food intake. I always had headaches, & felt tired and lazy a lot of the time. Birth control effects everyone differently, but I would suggest trying another brand before trying this one."

Samantha Mari (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went on this pill to help control my insane periods and help with my acne. I'm quite young, and my periods would last from 7-10 days. my periods would be so bad that I would throw up, not be able to walk, and faint. So I decided to go on birth control to lighten my periods. my doctor told me to skip the placebo pills every month for 4 months. after the fourth month I got my period, and it made the cramping and blood flow EVEN WORSE! I also went on it to help with acne, and I can say that it has possibly made my acne worse. before going on the pill I rarely got large, hard pimples on my cheeks, and now thats a regular occurrence. if you're like me, I wouldn't recommend this pill!!"

cawwwww (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I did not voluntarily take this my mother made me because i lost my v card at 17 but i was fine on it for the first 4-5 months but i always had pain in my ovary areas but it was fine. I actually liked it because i didnt have to worry about pregnancy. Now after 5 months i began losing my sex drive i couldnt get wet at all even if i was wanting sex. I began having severe mood swings and was so depressed i didnt want to be alive,and i got the ovary pains so bad i went to the emergency room and they just said it was nothing.The day i turned 18 is the day i got off.I immediately felt better and i even had a little sex drive.4 months off doing FAM birthcontrol still going strong. But this depends on you i liked it at first but not in the long run"

Alliyah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Levora made me have my period constantly. it was useless for me as far as birth control goes because I didn't want to have sex on my period. I thought I had a cervix infection so I went in and they told me to stop taking my bc pills for a bit and after two days of not taking them anymore, my period stopped. I was also constantly breaking out with cyst acne which had never happened before levora."

jazzy720174 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for about a year 6 years ago. Everything was fine. I started taking it again for about 8 months. When I started it I was very emotional and sensitive to basically anything. Then I've had random spotting (dark brown) for about 2-3 weeks. This has happened twice in the 8 months I've been on. I've decided to stop taking this pill and try something else."

Tori418 May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Did its job by not getting me pregnant but I would definitely not recommend taking it. I was in and out of the hospital for 6 months with a weird nauseating stomach ulcer and the doctors never knew what was wrong. Every time they would dismiss me from the E.R. They would give me anti nausea pills and antibiotics to "control the pain and nausea", not get rid of it. Recently I stop taking my levora birth control and I haven't had one stomach ulcer problem."

J2333 May 16, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "This pill was great for the first 2/4 months. OK side effects included:weight loss, slight mood swings, cystic acne flare ups, normal sex drive. BAD side effects: Breakthrough bleeding that was brown then red then brown again FOR 2 MONTHS. Vag was very dry, would burn and itch, so uncomfortable, i had yeast infections for no reason too! The reason my GYN put me on this was because I had an ovarian cyst found in Oct '15 and each month after that when i'd get my period (which always lasted 3 days) i was in SEVERE PAIN which required vicodin or percocet or oxy to treat. I was off BC for 2 years prior to taking Levora. I can't take the break thru bleeding anymore which is why i'm switching to Minastrin. Hopefully that works better for me too..."

levorawaslikereallygreat May 10, 2016

For Birth Control "Non cyclical breast pain, decreased sex drive, difficulty losing weight, discharge. Definitely not the worst I've been on but the hormonal effects it had on me were not worth staying on it. It also did not do a lot to help my bad pms symptoms like others I have been on."

Britt27c May 4, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was prescribed Quasense about 2 years ago for endometriosis and was very happy with it but after changing medical insurance it was no longer an option so I switched to Levora about 3 months ago. My endometriosis symptoms are still at bay but I have gained weight and not pounds but I've just gotten flabby with an increased appetite. I feel lethargic and I'm not sure if it's the pill or the "weight gain" but my sex drive it at an all time low. So I guess here I go again into the sea of birth control meds. I refuse to gain weight and feel bad about myself. Of course all pills affect everyone differently so you might as well try it. Just wanted to share my own personal experience with someone who may have had a good reaction to Quasense."

jennykay (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about a year and at first I loved it. I was on depo provera for a while but my periods were all over the place and skin wasn't in very good shape. Once I started levora, my breasts were very tender but they also grew so I wasn't complaining. About 6 months ago I started packing on pounds. I'm 5'2 and have never gone above 110lbs. I am now a solid 125lbs, sometimes more. I have not changed my fairly healthy diet and do lightly excercise. My skin has not cleared up and my sex drive is gone. I literally got nothing good out of this pill other than big boobs (Again, not complaining). I am getting off of this pill asap."

RhiannonRW April 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I just switched to the IUD after being on Levora for about 7 years. I lost about 10 lbs in the month and a half (about) since getting off levora and my sex drive is back. My friend also just got off levora and is shedding pounds"

782339782381 March 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the Levora pill for 3.5 years now. My breasts never got any bigger, and I got a bit of acne that I ended up getting medication for. My periods have been really light, as others are saying. However, I'm an athlete and have just been diagnosed with Osteopenia (early onset of Osteoperosis) and I'm only 22. Basically, the Levora has inhibited my calcium intake for almost 4 years so my bones are becoming less dense. Getting off of the pill immediately."

Eidda (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the first and only birth control I've used so I can't really compare it to anything else. However, my periods are lighter on Leverage but I do get worse cramps. For the first couples months taking it, my breasts were tender but that went away. Levora also caused me to have acne all the time. It's effective and has little side effects, but there might be something better."

aen (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2016

For Birth Control "This was the first pill prescribed to me in my teen years (I'm 32 now). I took them for about 3 years before iIgot off the pill altogether for about 10 years. When I got back on the pill, I was prescribed a different brand and went with it thinking how bad can it be...biggest mistake ever!!! After 8 months of suffering on the other pill, I switched back to my old, trusty Levora. What a relief!!! I experience very little, if any side effects on this pill, and it immediately started to reverse the chaos the other pill had caused my body (weight gain, bloating and severe mood swings). Thank you Levora!!"

Perfect! February 9, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went from being a positive, upbeat, never cry type person. I'm stopping it today because I have been having suicidal thoughts, huge bouts of rage, self harming behavior, anxiety, extreme irritability and horrible feelings of being worthless. I have NEVER felt like that before until I took this for 8 months . DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG"

Samjk94 February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I got on this birth control to make my periods lighter and easier yet I got more than that! My acne was cured (moderate acne) now my face is clean I don't get cramping and my headaches are gone :)"

Pinktropicaldrinksinmalibu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2016

For Endometriosis "For endometriosis I was initially prescribed Lybrel. They stopped manufacturing so I took Amethyst - the only listed Lybrel generic - for 3 years with side effects of break through bleeding and weight gain). Three weeks ago the pharmacy gave me this indicating Amethyst no longer available, which isn't true... This med is horrible. I have been bleeding low flow for two weeks (no period in 5 years), cramps, abdominal bloat, and increased a cup for bra size. Quick changes! The intense moods swings - particularly into rage and depression - have been scary. By indicating Amethyst "ONLY" CVS will order and my Dr called in, today. Can't get off this quickly enough. Avoid if you can."

Avoid If Possible (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Levora for over 2 years now and I really love it. I have not gained any weight due to being on the pill, I NEVER get acne, cravings and PMS symptoms are greatly reduced, and my periods are extremely light and short-almost like spotting. I still get cramps during the first day of my period, but they're so slight and Advil takes care of it immediately. I usually start within the 3rd day of the inactive pills and my period is over in 3 days, but lately I've been starting a day later so my period lasts 2 days-not complaining though! I also suck at remembering to take the pill every day and still have not gotten pregnant."

Happy! (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 23, 2015

For Birth Control "Does the job. Have been on it for just over a month. Some side effects, but nothing too crazy. Dealt with mood swings and nausea the first week or so, but went away. Sex drive remains high (lol its important) Only serious drawback is that I am craving food literally EVERY SINGLE minute. Went from 117lb to 135 in just 4 weeks..... wtf Oh. And my skin has gotten worse... I started geting acne around my forehead and upper-lip. Hopefully I the appetite and acne problem goes away as I get more used to the hormones."

Khloe H December 6, 2015