User Reviews for Levora

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
3.7

Summary of Levora reviews 6.0 182 reviews

Reviews for Levora

For Birth Control "I started taking levora, my first birth control ever, 9 months ago. Although it is effective in doing it’s job, preventing pregnancy, it comes with a lot of side effects. I’m 20 years old and weighed 125 pounds prior to taking levora, and now I weight 145lb! I gained weight tremendously. Mind you, my diets stayed just about the same and I’ve actually INCREASED in activity and exercise, but the weight just keeps on piling on. I’ve noticed my forehead broke out terribly and has small bumps all over it - tried changing my hair products, makeup products, wash my face with cleanser everyday, and even started drinking more water. Nothing worked and it’s safe to say it’s the pill that’s cause acne all over my forehead. I’ve also noticed I’ve become an emotional wreck, the smallest things make me cry and my husband has to deal with me being a cry baby 24/7. I’m definitely switching to another pill cause levora’s just terrible"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 20, 2019

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I was given Levora because I was diagnosed with PCOS. I have been on a different pill about 2 years ago and I went off due to side effects. I must say that Levora is HORRIBLE. Not only did it give me stomach cramps and bloating 30 min after taking it, but it also made me feel really really tired just 2 weeks into my first set. I am also moody, depressed and with absolutely no sex drive. So bad so that I can't even stand my husband touching me. So yeah, job well done on one hand: I will never get pregnant because I don't feel like having sex. At the end of this one month, I am going off the pill and I will try more natural ways. Goodbye pills for the rest of my life!"

Ana_Maria (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking Levora 3 months ago with initial goal to correct my anemia and reduce bleeding. My dr. prescribed it for a short period of time, 6 months max. I must say, I started bleeding heavily before the first "scheduled" period on the pack. I bled for nearly 2 weeks, which never happened before. Dr. office nurse said it was normal to get used to medication. Fine. Now, I'm on the 4th month of taking Levora and I'm quitting it because I'm outraged that again, I have a heavy bleeding for nearly two weeks, and it's not even close to the "period" mark on the blister. Again, that's very concerning, and causing my anxiety to spike. I haven't noticed any weight gain, however, acne appeared on my face and chest, which hasn't happened since my teenage years. Also, noticed worsening symptoms of gas, bloating, cramping and pain in my ovaries."

Ms Lapins (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on levora for a month now. I have gained ten pounds, have acne on my cheek and back, and am experiencing spotting and cramps between periods. I CAN'T STAND this pill."

Kris (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2019

For Birth Control "Birth control will effect every woman differently. If anyone experiences any pain or unusual discomfort while using this particular birth control, please consider stop using it or at least consult with a health care provider. My 20 year old daughter developed blood clots while using Levora and on September 27, 2018, she died of a massive pulmonary embolism. She was an otherwise healthy nonsmoker whose only previous illness was strep throat when she was four. She was taken to the ER and Urgent Care in the weeks prior to her death but was misdiagnosed. Once she was diagnosed with a muscle strain and prescribe muscle relaxants and next she was diagnosed with a lung infection and prescribed antibiotics. Please use care ladies when using this product or any hormonal contraceptives. Please be safe and most importantly, please inform yourselves as much as possible."

Yadkin January 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for over 2 months now and I have experience spotting/blending for 2 months straight. I got back on the pill because my husband and I decided kids isn’t the right choice for us at this time. It has been extremely frustrating that I have not had 1 day in the last 2 months where I didn’t experience bleeding. I understand spotting is to be expected. But not full on for the 2 months straight. I haven’t noticed any differences in acne or weight gain/loss. But my breast size has increased by a full cup size. I’ve take Ortho Cyclen in the past and didn’t experience any symptoms with that. But this birth control has been effecting my physical relationship with my husband. As well as my functions of everyday life. I have my wedding in a month and I want to be able to enjoy without having to worry about this bleeding. Will update in a few months."

TJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for the past two years. At first I loved it and didn’t experience any symptoms. Recently in the past 6 months I have had soooo many symptoms that I didn’t even realize were from the birth control when I looked it up (before I realized it I thought my body was just weird and didn’t know what was going on). I’ve experienced severe bloating and cramping on a daily basis, headaches and nausea especially in the mornings and at night, increased discharge, mood swings (I get upset and angry so easily but it’s so hard to feel happy), and a really bad decreased sex drive to the point where my boyfriend of 3 years was wondering what was wrong. This has worked great as a birth control prevention, but I will be going to the doctor in the morning and changing it because I am so over this medication and all the negative symptoms."

Madz (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I’ve been prescribed and I was on it for four years, I have never had an issue with it other than being super emotional the first few months. But my insurance no longer covers this brand so I have to switch and I am hoping it works just as well! I never had side effects with gaining weight or acne or anything and I’m pretty disappointed I have to switch"

Jnpop September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Levora for probably a year and a half and never experienced any side effects. Best birth control I have taken so far. I was just switched to Portia though, so we’ll see how that goes."

Dan (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Honestly, I have been on Levora birth control for roughly a year. At first it was fine although I did gain a significant amount of weight no matter what I did. However, now I can’t stop bleeding between my period and I have horrible pain in my ovaries and back I have been to the ER three times in two weeks because of these symptoms and they keep telling me that all tests are normal and I’m telling you I know it’s my birth control I used it to skip my period and now I am regretting that decision immensely. Tomorrow is my last day before placebo week, and it will be my LAST day of taking levora because I am over this depression, anxiety, which are awful and this pill has increased it ten fold!! The bleeding, cramps, depression, weight gain, gas, bloating, mood swings, and migraines are not worth this pill. TBH at this point I’m young but I’d rather have a baby then go through this for any longer. I feel like rubbish almost 24/7"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2018

For Birth Control "Seriously the worst birth control I've used! It's done its purpose of preventing pregnancy but the side effects are horrible! Ever since being on Levora its been nothing but a negative experience. I get very fatigue, nauseous, and have severe migraines. I'm 20 years old and never had high blood pressure until I got on this pill. I have horrible mood swings and anxiety. Myself and my fiance have notice a big change in my emotions. I can be totally fine one moment then be crying the next or be very hostile! I will get heart palpitations and shortness of breath out of nowhere. It didn't help with reducing cramping pain at all while being on my cycle in fact it felt so much worse than before. I experience severe vaginal dryness which makes sex very painful during and after! Never had a problem with lubrication at all until this pill and its definitely not related to arousal. I do recommend this pill at all! Getting off of it ASAP!!!"

Honeybun July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for three months and have had an absolutely HORRIBLE!!! INCREASE in acne. I never get acne, maybe a few spots on my chin every now and then when I'm stressed. This medicine caused my entire forehead to break out and then led to my entire face. DO NOT TAKE. I look like I fell in an ant bed and I'm embarrassed of my skin."

LL (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I love this birth control! No side effects and shorter periods. Best one I have used so far and I've been on it for 15 years!"

vca182 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Levora for about 14 months. To be honest I have no idea why I’ve been on it for so long. I experience SEVERE vaginal dryness that makes sex painful during and after. This was not a problem previously; my sex drive is significantly lowered and I gained some weight. I’m not pregnant, but I’m not satisfied. Switching this month!"

nothanks (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2018

For Birth Control "It has worked perfectly for me without any side effects at all (no weight gain, increases in acne, nausea, mood changes or headaches). I take it continuously so I haven’t bled at all for a few months, not even any spotting. Before this I took Sprintec 28 and I bled almost every day for 5 months!"

Reviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "After about 3 years on levora I'm saying goodbye to it. I had no noticeable adverse side effects, except possibly slight moodiness and fatigue. This could easily be caused by working and going to school though. My periods were shortened to five days instead of seven and we're less severe. The only reason I decided to switch is that I am having more trouble every day remembering to take my pills, since my schedule is so hectic. If switching to nexplanon doesn't work out for me I would definitely consider going back on levora."

JAT (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This birthcontrol is great. No side effects at all. My mood is actually better when on it. I switched from Lutera (which was a lower dosage bc) because of bleeding between periods - if I did not take lutera at the exact same time every day, i would break through bleed. It was terrible. Happy my doctor recommended this bc to me."

gnc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 27, 2018

For Birth Control "Terrible experience! Levora is a very dangerous birth control! After only 3 weeks of taking this birth control I experienced shortness of breath, very acute chest pain and headaches. Prior to taking Levora I was in very good health. I work out 3 times a week and I am in pretty good shape. I never had headaches, absolutely never experienced chest pain or shortness of breath. After only 3 week of taking Levora I was very scared! The chest pain was so strong that it would wake me up at night and I could not sleep! After 3 weeks of using this pill I stopped. Please do NOT take this pill! It’s extremeky dangerous! I had a CT scan to verify if there are any blood clots in my lungs and a radiology of my legs! This birth control should is the worst and will give you serious health issues! PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT!"

Lucy (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this for a month and I was in horrible shape. Spotting, mood swings, headaches, chest pain, shortness of breath, weight gain, major cramps and tummy gurgling. I was in a bad mood every day and I couldn't be nice to my children. I stopped taking them and its like magic, all. My symptoms disappeared . I'm so upset. My new dr recommend this since they do not carry chateal. I loved chateal. It worked great!! I wish my insurance carried these. Never will i take nor recommend this bc."

Tori510 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I was previously on nexplanon ( implant in arm) which was a terrible experience for me. Levora is heaven sent. Slight nausea and breast tenderness. My doc has me set up to have a period every 4 months which I love (skip placebo pills) I am actively losing weight while taking the pill. The biggest downside is remembering to take it; I was so used to the implant. It’s definitely worth a try."

Liza2014 February 4, 2018

For Birth Control "Worked great for me! Took it for several years and only stopped because I wanted an IUD. Didn't seem to have any side effects, and it made my period more manageable."

Watergurl December 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Levora for just over a month...my emotions feel the same as always and my face has been totally blemish-free, so that is awesome, (where I used to have period breakouts) but these BOOBS!! They itch SO bad!! I assume it is because they are growing (I read that it can be a side effect) but I work at a high school and it's not exactly appropriate to constantly have your hand inside your shirt to scratch your boobs. Kinda wanna rip my nipples off, hard to even wear clothes because they are so sensitive! Ugh!! Otherwise, no spotting or mood swings, and hoping that in three months times I won't have to pluck my chin as much!! That will be the big deciding factor on keeping up with this pill!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I took it for 11 months and had to stop due to sudden spotting once a week. My body got used to the progestin and started shedding too much of my lining (what my doc said). I had such a great experience with it I am sad to see it not work for me anymore! I had my period every 3 months due to how horrible they were in the past, but on this pill my periods improved a ton. I went from being bed ridden for hours to an actual functioning woman. Sure I had cramps but they were just normal compared to what I was used to. Periods were shorter but not lighter. My breasts grew a lot as well. Didn't gain any weight other than that. No other symptoms."

Makadios November 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for several years now. Before Levora, I took Lutera, which is just a lower dose of the same types of hormones. I started having some breakthrough bleeding on Lutera, so my doctor recommended a higher dosage. I haven't had any side effects with Levora. My period usually lasts only 3 days with a light flow and minor cramps. (My period used to be unbearable with heavy flow and bad cramps.)"

annairb90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2017

For Ovarian Cysts "I've been on this for almost 2 years and every other birth control I've ever taken has has given horrible hormonal side effects. This one is great. I don't feel crazy,I didn't gain any weight and it helps decrease the pain from my cyst. I take only the pills and skip the placebos each month in order to shrink my cyst which is in a tricky spot on my ovary and unable to be removed through surgery (I used to have to take a percocet to not feel the pain and it was frustrating). I only feel the occasional cramp but nothing compared to the stabby feelings I used to endure. The only thing that sucks with this is the occasional reddish brown goop that I think is my period refusing to die completely. My libido has also dropped SIGNIFICANTLY :( Anyone know a remedy for this?"

CystSistersss (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2017