User Reviews for Levora

5.2

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Levora reviews 6.1 177 reviews

Reviews for Levora

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for over 2 months now and I have experience spotting/blending for 2 months straight. I got back on the pill because my husband and I decided kids isn’t the right choice for us at this time. It has been extremely frustrating that I have not had 1 day in the last 2 months where I didn’t experience bleeding. I understand spotting is to be expected. But not full on for the 2 months straight. I haven’t noticed any differences in acne or weight gain/loss. But my breast size has increased by a full cup size. I’ve take Ortho Cyclen in the past and didn’t experience any symptoms with that. But this birth control has been effecting my physical relationship with my husband. As well as my functions of everyday life. I have my wedding in a month and I want to be able to enjoy without having to worry about this bleeding. Will update in a few months."

TJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for the past two years. At first I loved it and didn’t experience any symptoms. Recently in the past 6 months I have had soooo many symptoms that I didn’t even realize were from the birth control when I looked it up (before I realized it I thought my body was just weird and didn’t know what was going on). I’ve experienced severe bloating and cramping on a daily basis, headaches and nausea especially in the mornings and at night, increased discharge, mood swings (I get upset and angry so easily but it’s so hard to feel happy), and a really bad decreased sex drive to the point where my boyfriend of 3 years was wondering what was wrong. This has worked great as a birth control prevention, but I will be going to the doctor in the morning and changing it because I am so over this medication and all the negative symptoms."

Madz (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I’ve been prescribed and I was on it for four years, I have never had an issue with it other than being super emotional the first few months. But my insurance no longer covers this brand so I have to switch and I am hoping it works just as well! I never had side effects with gaining weight or acne or anything and I’m pretty disappointed I have to switch"

Jnpop September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Levora for probably a year and a half and never experienced any side effects. Best birth control I have taken so far. I was just switched to Portia though, so we’ll see how that goes."

Dan (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Honestly, I have been on Levora birth control for roughly a year. At first it was fine although I did gain a significant amount of weight no matter what I did. However, now I can’t stop bleeding between my period and I have horrible pain in my ovaries and back I have been to the ER three times in two weeks because of these symptoms and they keep telling me that all tests are normal and I’m telling you I know it’s my birth control I used it to skip my period and now I am regretting that decision immensely. Tomorrow is my last day before placebo week, and it will be my LAST day of taking levora because I am over this depression, anxiety, which are awful and this pill has increased it ten fold!! The bleeding, cramps, depression, weight gain, gas, bloating, mood swings, and migraines are not worth this pill. TBH at this point I’m young but I’d rather have a baby then go through this for any longer. I feel like rubbish almost 24/7"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2018

For Birth Control "Seriously the worst birth control I've used! It's done its purpose of preventing pregnancy but the side effects are horrible! Ever since being on Levora its been nothing but a negative experience. I get very fatigue, nauseous, and have severe migraines. I'm 20 years old and never had high blood pressure until I got on this pill. I have horrible mood swings and anxiety. Myself and my fiance have notice a big change in my emotions. I can be totally fine one moment then be crying the next or be very hostile! I will get heart palpitations and shortness of breath out of nowhere. It didn't help with reducing cramping pain at all while being on my cycle in fact it felt so much worse than before. I experience severe vaginal dryness which makes sex very painful during and after! Never had a problem with lubrication at all until this pill and its definitely not related to arousal. I do recommend this pill at all! Getting off of it ASAP!!!"

Honeybun July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for three months and have had an absolutely HORRIBLE!!! INCREASE in acne. I never get acne, maybe a few spots on my chin every now and then when I'm stressed. This medicine caused my entire forehead to break out and then led to my entire face. DO NOT TAKE. I look like I fell in an ant bed and I'm embarrassed of my skin."

LL (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I love this birth control! No side effects and shorter periods. Best one I have used so far and I've been on it for 15 years!"

vca182 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Levora for about 14 months. To be honest I have no idea why I’ve been on it for so long. I experience SEVERE vaginal dryness that makes sex painful during and after. This was not a problem previously; my sex drive is significantly lowered and I gained some weight. I’m not pregnant, but I’m not satisfied. Switching this month!"

nothanks (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2018

For Birth Control "It has worked perfectly for me without any side effects at all (no weight gain, increases in acne, nausea, mood changes or headaches). I take it continuously so I haven’t bled at all for a few months, not even any spotting. Before this I took Sprintec 28 and I bled almost every day for 5 months!"

Reviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "After about 3 years on levora I'm saying goodbye to it. I had no noticeable adverse side effects, except possibly slight moodiness and fatigue. This could easily be caused by working and going to school though. My periods were shortened to five days instead of seven and we're less severe. The only reason I decided to switch is that I am having more trouble every day remembering to take my pills, since my schedule is so hectic. If switching to nexplanon doesn't work out for me I would definitely consider going back on levora."

JAT (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This birthcontrol is great. No side effects at all. My mood is actually better when on it. I switched from Lutera (which was a lower dosage bc) because of bleeding between periods - if I did not take lutera at the exact same time every day, i would break through bleed. It was terrible. Happy my doctor recommended this bc to me."

gnc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 27, 2018

For Birth Control "Terrible experience! Levora is a very dangerous birth control! After only 3 weeks of taking this birth control I experienced shortness of breath, very acute chest pain and headaches. Prior to taking Levora I was in very good health. I work out 3 times a week and I am in pretty good shape. I never had headaches, absolutely never experienced chest pain or shortness of breath. After only 3 week of taking Levora I was very scared! The chest pain was so strong that it would wake me up at night and I could not sleep! After 3 weeks of using this pill I stopped. Please do NOT take this pill! It’s extremeky dangerous! I had a CT scan to verify if there are any blood clots in my lungs and a radiology of my legs! This birth control should is the worst and will give you serious health issues! PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT!"

Lucy (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this for a month and I was in horrible shape. Spotting, mood swings, headaches, chest pain, shortness of breath, weight gain, major cramps and tummy gurgling. I was in a bad mood every day and I couldn't be nice to my children. I stopped taking them and its like magic, all. My symptoms disappeared . I'm so upset. My new dr recommend this since they do not carry chateal. I loved chateal. It worked great!! I wish my insurance carried these. Never will i take nor recommend this bc."

Tori510 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I was previously on nexplanon ( implant in arm) which was a terrible experience for me. Levora is heaven sent. Slight nausea and breast tenderness. My doc has me set up to have a period every 4 months which I love (skip placebo pills) I am actively losing weight while taking the pill. The biggest downside is remembering to take it; I was so used to the implant. It’s definitely worth a try."

Liza2014 February 4, 2018

For Birth Control "Worked great for me! Took it for several years and only stopped because I wanted an IUD. Didn't seem to have any side effects, and it made my period more manageable."

Watergurl December 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Levora for just over a month...my emotions feel the same as always and my face has been totally blemish-free, so that is awesome, (where I used to have period breakouts) but these BOOBS!! They itch SO bad!! I assume it is because they are growing (I read that it can be a side effect) but I work at a high school and it's not exactly appropriate to constantly have your hand inside your shirt to scratch your boobs. Kinda wanna rip my nipples off, hard to even wear clothes because they are so sensitive! Ugh!! Otherwise, no spotting or mood swings, and hoping that in three months times I won't have to pluck my chin as much!! That will be the big deciding factor on keeping up with this pill!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I took it for 11 months and had to stop due to sudden spotting once a week. My body got used to the progestin and started shedding too much of my lining (what my doc said). I had such a great experience with it I am sad to see it not work for me anymore! I had my period every 3 months due to how horrible they were in the past, but on this pill my periods improved a ton. I went from being bed ridden for hours to an actual functioning woman. Sure I had cramps but they were just normal compared to what I was used to. Periods were shorter but not lighter. My breasts grew a lot as well. Didn't gain any weight other than that. No other symptoms."

Makadios November 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for several years now. Before Levora, I took Lutera, which is just a lower dose of the same types of hormones. I started having some breakthrough bleeding on Lutera, so my doctor recommended a higher dosage. I haven't had any side effects with Levora. My period usually lasts only 3 days with a light flow and minor cramps. (My period used to be unbearable with heavy flow and bad cramps.)"

annairb90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2017

For Ovarian Cysts "I've been on this for almost 2 years and every other birth control I've ever taken has has given horrible hormonal side effects. This one is great. I don't feel crazy,I didn't gain any weight and it helps decrease the pain from my cyst. I take only the pills and skip the placebos each month in order to shrink my cyst which is in a tricky spot on my ovary and unable to be removed through surgery (I used to have to take a percocet to not feel the pain and it was frustrating). I only feel the occasional cramp but nothing compared to the stabby feelings I used to endure. The only thing that sucks with this is the occasional reddish brown goop that I think is my period refusing to die completely. My libido has also dropped SIGNIFICANTLY :( Anyone know a remedy for this?"

CystSistersss (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Levora for about over a year and a half now. I've come to the conclusion that this pills side effects are awful. I get nausea, mood swings, stomach pain in the mornings, gained weight, increased acne. Not for me. However I'm not pregnant!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I have 3 days left on this first month of Levora. It helped to stop my post miscarriage bleeding. That's about the only positive side effect I've experienced. It started with horrible dry itchy eyes, then random uncontrollable crying spells and poor ability to sleep. I've since become so so down, I'm so damn depressed. This is going in the trash bin! Please be careful. Hormones are a delicate balance. I'm going to try Vitex - Chasteberry tree after this month is over."

Soozilla September 28, 2017

For Birth Control "When I moved in March the new pharmacy carries this birth control for my insurance. This month I was finally able to switch back to Marlissa. Even though it's the same dose of hormones, my body completely rejected the Levora. It made me so crampy, stopped getting periods at the end of the month and got them at weird random times, nauseous and severe headaches. This never happened on Marlissa. Luckily my pharmacy was able to order Marlissa under my insurance because Levora is downright awful. There are tons of brands for a reason: every body responds to different kinds of medications and their brands! Inactive ingredients play a huge role people don't think about. Try out some and see what works for you- keeps you regular and keeps the cramps away"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2017

For Birth Control "Three months in and I'm an anxious, angry, depressed, lunatic with high blood pressure I can feel raging through my body and causing the sensation of heart palpitations daily. Doctors should make greater effort telling women about possible side effects as those of us with a similar experience in the past take longer than necessary to connect that it is the pill causing all these horrible feelings and experiences. This thing can ruin lives and families before women realize it isn't them but the pill."

Annabella6 September 1, 2017

For Birth Control "Since starting Levora 3 months ago, I've had severe panic attacks, fatigue, nausea, and awful mood swings. Off it as of today. I suggest taking it, then re-evaluating how you feel after 90 days. I can honestly say, it's turned me into a raging lunatic with no control over my emotions. This has been my worst experience on birth control yet. The anxiety is overwhelming which causes hostility and depression. Please be careful, ladies!"

StacyAnnArn August 17, 2017