User Reviews for Levora

5.2
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 7 reviews 169 medications

Summary of Levora reviews 151 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Levora

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This birthcontrol works great. I've been taking it near 8 years now & no problems. It may be of contributed to a few lbs but not much else. Lessened my periods from 7-11 days of heavy flow to 4-5 days & relatively light. My skin hasn't really changed & it does not contribute to any emotional changes."

7 1/2 years (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I moved, I switched pharmacies this pharmacy carries Levora for my birth control under my insurance. Personally, it gets the job done, BUT I have had several issues with it, like: bleeding during the regular 21 pills ( I have been on BC pills for several years so this should not happen, and it is not a medical issue), I missed a period last month (NOT pregnant, I was so paranoid even after not having sex that I took a pregnancy test), and it gives me god awful cramps that I have never ever experienced on the pill. During the "period week", I don't get it until the end of the pack/beginning of the next pack which has never happened either. I may switch the pills to a local Rite Aid a few towns over for new brand."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Personally, I've had the best experience with this pill. It's done it's job for sure. I rarely break out from my periods and my periods are always light. I really love the fact that I know exactly what day and time I start my period. It helps me a lot with cramps and the level of heaviness in my period, which was why Levora was recommended to me. I've been on this pill for 2 years now and I'm very happy! My boyfriend and I unfortunately can not use condoms because of UTIs and other medical reasons for me. This pill definitely makes me feel safe."

mad123456 May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Levora two years ago. First off, my face was very clear (with the one or two pimples here and there) once I started taking Levora my face and back became covered in extremely painful cystic acne caused by the high levels of hormones. I would always have at least 2-3 on my face as well as getting 2 near my period. My breasts went from a 34 B to a whopping 36 D within a year of taking the pill. Even though I took the pill at night I would wake up with morning sickness where I could not eat and everything would make me nauseous. Levora did not help with my periods expect made them 5 days instead of 7 but they were always heavy. I've been off Levora for about three months and my acne is completely gone and I'm much happier."

Young Adult April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I LOVE THIS PILL!! I've been on it for three years and have never experienced a side affect. It made my periods lighter and shorter. Its unfortunate some women have had bad experiences with this pill and if you do have side effects you should tell your doctor asap. Sometime uterine bleeding is actually normal and thats how your body responds to the artificial hormones, regardless of the type of birth control."

325 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the worst ever. I'm crazy - I cry all the time and I've only been on it for 3 weeks and have had a 3 week bleeding cycle. I have little clots coming at least once a day. My partner thinks it's better to be off of it and just use condoms!!! Terrible pill DON'T TAKE IT..."

Levora April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this bc to help with my cramps and heavy period, very bad choice because I have literally been bleeding for 6 months! Most of the time it was spotting, some days it was so heavy and the cramps... they are the worst. I've become extremely depressed, I cry like crazy, I can never sleep past 3am and I have become so mean to people. I wouldn't recommend this bc to my worst enemy, it's terrible"

Schi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "On this pill for 3 months. Constant UTIs despite drinking 2 liters of water a day. I have never had a migraine until this pill. Makes sex painful. No vaginal lubrication at all despite arousal level. Would not reccommend!"

Emweber (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I've wanted to be on BC pills for the longest just for menstrual cramps. My pcp said this would be great. I've been constantly sad, and extremely tired. No matter how much sleep I get it's never enough. I always have itching in my private area and it never seems to go away to the point where it breaks open and seeps blood. Also the non stop spotting is crazy to deal with. I've been spotting for literally a month. I know spotting is definitely expected but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I definitely want to be off of this pill and it's only been a month literally ! I rather take a Motrin 800 mg pill to deal with my cramps than to deal with this mess. It's so NOT worth it."

Thisnurse February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After trying the patch, ring, and several pills I was recommended Levora by my doctor. It made my flow lighter and period shorter. I am sensitive to different birth control and the doctor said it is probably the additives. I went to planned parenthood for Levora but they do not carry that exact brand. This time they gave me Chateal to try. If you are having a problem with pills from the clinic it can be because of the additives, sometimes it is worth paying the $20 for name brands at the pharmacy. You can get a discount card to make it less expensive. I am worried to try another brand at this point."

Kkeenan (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on it for a month and a half and prior I had very little issues with depression other than small bouts that hardly count as depression. I have had anxiety and being on this pill has made it worse, way worse and it has made me become depressed. I've read through the comments about this pill and it seems like many people have been experiencing depression. This pill didn't work for me and the other pill didn't work great for me either. Messed up my hormones too much, luckily it didn't change my sex drive but it caused me to just sit there and cry or do nothing. Weekends I feel like doing nothing but sleep. I'm not that old, only 19 and have never had any hormone issues before this pill. I don't recommend it."

ScienceKitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took the Depo-Provera shot starting from 16-20. I absolutely loved the shot other than not ever really knowing when my period was going to be. I actually lost weight on the shot and my breast grew larger than before. I had great sex drive as well. I switched to the Levora pill simply for the fact that I knew I wanted to become pregnant one day and knew if I took the shot for too long that it may effect that. I chose Levora because I only have 4 periods a year (which is great!). However, I have been taking this pill for 3 1/2 years and I have noticed some negative side effects. I have been slowly over time gaining weight. I also never used to have acne and have some acne problems now. I also have low sex drive and difficulty staying wet."

WNJ January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was taking Levora for a year and a half and am now switching medication. Since I started taking it I am always tired even when I sleep great. I have had 4 yeast infections... ew. Lower sex drive/don't self-lubricate and I've gained about 50 pounds (although part of that could be bad diet; haven't changed my diet though). Everyone's different, and side effects aren't horrible, but I would not recommend"

SaSt (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this mainly for easing the pain of periods and then got into a relationship later on. It has definitely kept me from getting pregnant and shortened my periods by days but I've gained at least fifteen pounds and I have gotten insanely emotional. It's really miserable. "

AishaKn December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using birth control for going on 4 years, 16-20. I got on them for the purpose of I have extremely heavy periods with horrible cramps and acne. I took levora for about 2 years (no sexual activity) and I took it non stop to completely stop my period. Bad idea. I had break through bleeding and severe cramps for over 3 months of heavy bleeding. They put me on the strongest pill possible after that to try to stop my period from the continuous bleeding, didn't work although I did loose a lot of weight.. for the last year 1/2 I've been sexually active and the strongest pill DIDNT work so they put me back on levora with a seasonal period, and I haven't gotten pregnant and my acne is good and my period is gone! Other than every season."

BittyBailey (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first bc pill and I'm highly upset. My cramps were ten times worse than when I wasn't on the pill. My period is so irregular. I also get paranoid because days after intimacy I get nauseous and side effects of pregnancy. Will be changing these as soon as possible"

Anonymity/; December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "On this pill for a couple months. I had heavy bleeding for the first solid month. I started having anxiety and boughts of depression. I have never felt that way on a bc pill before. I would have stomach problems to where i would vomit or have diarrhea. I chalked up everything to just having a baby at first, but soon realized it was the pills. I immediately quit taking them and had my old prescription filled . The pills just did not mix well for me. I was on spritnec for 4.5 years and never had a problem!"

Texasmom1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched from having the implant (implanon) and have been taking Lenora for a little over 3 weeks now. While I had the implant a had constant dark discharge, had depression, very low sex drive, not being able to get wet, and weight gain ( and I am an extremely active person). Since I've been on Levora I have gotten more sensitive and get irritated easily but other than that nearly everything was fixed! I feel my sex drive is coming back and my discharge is completely back to normal. I also am able to get wet during sex. Still no change in weight though but I think this pill has definitely helped me overall. Plus it's working by not getting me pregnant"

Anonymous October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So, I'm writing this after a 6 year period of use from age 15 to 21. It definitely did its job since I've never been pregnant. It made my periods lighter and my cramps very minor, which is great. No significant weight gain or loss. No mood swings. (In fact I'd say that my emotional state became even LESS sensitive than before.) But man, was it KILLING my sex drive! And on the rare occasion when I actually was feeling aroused, my vagina wouldn't even self-lubricate!! Nothing going on down there whatsoever. It was a shitty situation for both me and my partner. Strangely enough, the pill also dulled my sense of smell. So yeah, the pill did its job but overall, it changed other things in ways that really concerned me. Glad to be off of it."

A.F. (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I developed extreme depression, anxiety, and mood swings, and gained 15lbs. I eventually became suicidal. I switched to another type of bc and within 2 months my suicidal thoughts were completely gone and within 4 months my depression and anxiety were gone too. My life was the same, but I felt sane and in control of my emotions again. I also was finally able to lose weight. And my previously clear skin, which levora ruined with cystic acne, went back to normal. This is a nasty, horrible pill. It should be taken off the market."

RN8 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "After years of severely painful and agonizing 7 day heavy periods, my doctor recommended Levora. I have been on this pill for over a year now and it has been amazing. Only side effects I have had are positive- my boob size increased an entire cup and I have just about no acne! My periods have also shortened to less than 3 days and they are extremely light, no pain or headaches anymore either. My period comes the same time, same day, every single month. I was petrified to start birth control but I couldn't stand the horrible periods anymore. I am so happy my doctor suggested Levora as I no longer lose sleep laying awake in pain! This pill has done wonders for me!"

lolany92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "It helped slow my period but it gave me intense cramps. Will be switching as soon as this pack is up"

CyLane September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been using Levora for about 3 months and finally coming around to reading theses reviews it makes sense why I've been acting/feeling so weird. I don't recall discussing any of these symptoms with my doctor but it wasn't till with third month that I noticed the wait gain. Through out using this pill I have found myself way more emotion than I usually am. My anxiety has reached its peak even though I've worked really hard to keep it under control I get irritated for almost anything. My sex drive has gone from 4 days a week to once every 2 weeks. Maybe. Me and my partner are both very sad about it even though he hasn't left me. I feel like if we didn't come to this conclusion he might have. Definitely switching to something different."

Gina Miller September 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Levora is the only birth control I have ever taken so I had nothing to compare it to. My acne has cleared up nicely but have not noticed any change in breast size. My periods aren't much better than what they were except now they're on time. I haven't gotten pregnant but every month I worry at the slightest symptom I probably get from these pills. I have noticed crazy emotions as well as crying a lot more."

Omgsrslyallthenicknamesaregone August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I went on Levora because I wanted to skip and reduce my heavy periods as well as clear up my hormonal acne. At first my acne cleared, but around 6 months later, my acne returned and seems to be worse, some actually cystic. My periods are still immensely heavy and around 6 days, but I skip my period for 3 months at a time so I am thankful I have birth control to be able to only have it a few times a year. I get terrible cramps and even my parents noticed that my moods are inconsistent and that my depression seems to have worsened. I have gained weight that is seemingly impossibly to lose and my sex drive is so low for a teenager. I'm going to stop taking it after this pack and see how my body reacts."

KKlevora August 13, 2016