User Reviews for Levora

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Levora.

Ovarian Cysts

5.2

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Levora reviews 6.3 159 reviews

Reviews for Levora

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for several years now. Before Levora, I took Lutera, which is just a lower dose of the same types of hormones. I started having some breakthrough bleeding on Lutera, so my doctor recommended a higher dosage. I haven't had any side effects with Levora. My period usually lasts only 3 days with a light flow and minor cramps. (My period used to be unbearable with heavy flow and bad cramps.)"

annairb90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I've been on this for almost 2 years and every other birth control I've ever taken has has given horrible hormonal side effects. This one is great. I don't feel crazy,I didn't gain any weight and it helps decrease the pain from my cyst. I take only the pills and skip the placebos each month in order to shrink my cyst which is in a tricky spot on my ovary and unable to be removed through surgery (I used to have to take a percocet to not feel the pain and it was frustrating). I only feel the occasional cramp but nothing compared to the stabby feelings I used to endure. The only thing that sucks with this is the occasional reddish brown goop that I think is my period refusing to die completely. My libido has also dropped SIGNIFICANTLY :( Anyone know a remedy for this?"

CystSistersss (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Levora for about over a year and a half now. I've come to the conclusion that this pills side effects are awful. I get nausea, mood swings, stomach pain in the mornings, gained weight, increased acne. Not for me. However I'm not pregnant!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have 3 days left on this first month of Levora. It helped to stop my post miscarriage bleeding. That's about the only positive side effect I've experienced. It started with horrible dry itchy eyes, then random uncontrollable crying spells and poor ability to sleep. I've since become so so down, I'm so damn depressed. This is going in the trash bin! Please be careful. Hormones are a delicate balance. I'm going to try Vitex - Chasteberry tree after this month is over."

Soozilla September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I moved in March the new pharmacy carries this birth control for my insurance. This month I was finally able to switch back to Marlissa. Even though it's the same dose of hormones, my body completely rejected the Levora. It made me so crampy, stopped getting periods at the end of the month and got them at weird random times, nauseous and severe headaches. This never happened on Marlissa. Luckily my pharmacy was able to order Marlissa under my insurance because Levora is downright awful. There are tons of brands for a reason: every body responds to different kinds of medications and their brands! Inactive ingredients play a huge role people don't think about. Try out some and see what works for you- keeps you regular and keeps the cramps away"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Three months in and I'm an anxious, angry, depressed, lunatic with high blood pressure I can feel raging through my body and causing the sensation of heart palpitations daily. Doctors should make greater effort telling women about possible side effects as those of us with a similar experience in the past take longer than necessary to connect that it is the pill causing all these horrible feelings and experiences. This thing can ruin lives and families before women realize it isn't them but the pill."

Annabella6 September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Since starting Levora 3 months ago, I've had severe panic attacks, fatigue, nausea, and awful mood swings. Off it as of today. I suggest taking it, then re-evaluating how you feel after 90 days. I can honestly say, it's turned me into a raging lunatic with no control over my emotions. This has been my worst experience on birth control yet. The anxiety is overwhelming which causes hostility and depression. Please be careful, ladies!"

StacyAnnArn August 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill has done absolute wonders for me in regards to my acne. It has completely cleared up what was extremely severe acne. I was on medication for four years before taking this and nothing had worked. However, I have developed some emotional mood swings."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "At first I thought this pill was great for me, due to needing a "stronger" birth control for breakthrough bleeding and what not with a previous pill. I noticed my periods were a lot shorter and lighter and the breakthrough bleeding wasn't an issue anymore which was great! Shortly after, I started experiencing terrible headaches and nausea, despite taking it with a meal. I would wake up in the morning and not be able to eat or do anything... I also started breaking out more frequently. Then I started noticing it affect my overall mood. I feel like I turned into this terrible moody and mean person! I didn't feel myself while taking this pill. Everyone's body reacts differently to medication, my reaction to this pill was absolutely terrible."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This birthcontrol works great. I've been taking it near 8 years now & no problems. It may be of contributed to a few lbs but not much else. Lessened my periods from 7-11 days of heavy flow to 4-5 days & relatively light. My skin hasn't really changed & it does not contribute to any emotional changes."

7 1/2 years (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Personally, I've had the best experience with this pill. It's done it's job for sure. I rarely break out from my periods and my periods are always light. I really love the fact that I know exactly what day and time I start my period. It helps me a lot with cramps and the level of heaviness in my period, which was why Levora was recommended to me. I've been on this pill for 2 years now and I'm very happy! My boyfriend and I unfortunately can not use condoms because of UTIs and other medical reasons for me. This pill definitely makes me feel safe."

mad123456 May 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Levora two years ago. First off, my face was very clear (with the one or two pimples here and there) once I started taking Levora my face and back became covered in extremely painful cystic acne caused by the high levels of hormones. I would always have at least 2-3 on my face as well as getting 2 near my period. My breasts went from a 34 B to a whopping 36 D within a year of taking the pill. Even though I took the pill at night I would wake up with morning sickness where I could not eat and everything would make me nauseous. Levora did not help with my periods expect made them 5 days instead of 7 but they were always heavy. I've been off Levora for about three months and my acne is completely gone and I'm much happier."

Young Adult April 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I LOVE THIS PILL!! I've been on it for three years and have never experienced a side affect. It made my periods lighter and shorter. Its unfortunate some women have had bad experiences with this pill and if you do have side effects you should tell your doctor asap. Sometime uterine bleeding is actually normal and thats how your body responds to the artificial hormones, regardless of the type of birth control."

325 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the worst ever. I'm crazy - I cry all the time and I've only been on it for 3 weeks and have had a 3 week bleeding cycle. I have little clots coming at least once a day. My partner thinks it's better to be off of it and just use condoms!!! Terrible pill DON'T TAKE IT..."

Levora April 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this bc to help with my cramps and heavy period, very bad choice because I have literally been bleeding for 6 months! Most of the time it was spotting, some days it was so heavy and the cramps... they are the worst. I've become extremely depressed, I cry like crazy, I can never sleep past 3am and I have become so mean to people. I wouldn't recommend this bc to my worst enemy, it's terrible"

Schi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "On this pill for 3 months. Constant UTIs despite drinking 2 liters of water a day. I have never had a migraine until this pill. Makes sex painful. No vaginal lubrication at all despite arousal level. Would not reccommend!"

Emweber (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I've wanted to be on BC pills for the longest just for menstrual cramps. My pcp said this would be great. I've been constantly sad, and extremely tired. No matter how much sleep I get it's never enough. I always have itching in my private area and it never seems to go away to the point where it breaks open and seeps blood. Also the non stop spotting is crazy to deal with. I've been spotting for literally a month. I know spotting is definitely expected but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I definitely want to be off of this pill and it's only been a month literally ! I rather take a Motrin 800 mg pill to deal with my cramps than to deal with this mess. It's so NOT worth it."

Thisnurse February 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After trying the patch, ring, and several pills I was recommended Levora by my doctor. It made my flow lighter and period shorter. I am sensitive to different birth control and the doctor said it is probably the additives. I went to planned parenthood for Levora but they do not carry that exact brand. This time they gave me Chateal to try. If you are having a problem with pills from the clinic it can be because of the additives, sometimes it is worth paying the $20 for name brands at the pharmacy. You can get a discount card to make it less expensive. I am worried to try another brand at this point."

Kkeenan (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on it for a month and a half and prior I had very little issues with depression other than small bouts that hardly count as depression. I have had anxiety and being on this pill has made it worse, way worse and it has made me become depressed. I've read through the comments about this pill and it seems like many people have been experiencing depression. This pill didn't work for me and the other pill didn't work great for me either. Messed up my hormones too much, luckily it didn't change my sex drive but it caused me to just sit there and cry or do nothing. Weekends I feel like doing nothing but sleep. I'm not that old, only 19 and have never had any hormone issues before this pill. I don't recommend it."

ScienceKitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took the Depo-Provera shot starting from 16-20. I absolutely loved the shot other than not ever really knowing when my period was going to be. I actually lost weight on the shot and my breast grew larger than before. I had great sex drive as well. I switched to the Levora pill simply for the fact that I knew I wanted to become pregnant one day and knew if I took the shot for too long that it may effect that. I chose Levora because I only have 4 periods a year (which is great!). However, I have been taking this pill for 3 1/2 years and I have noticed some negative side effects. I have been slowly over time gaining weight. I also never used to have acne and have some acne problems now. I also have low sex drive and difficulty staying wet."

WNJ January 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was taking Levora for a year and a half and am now switching medication. Since I started taking it I am always tired even when I sleep great. I have had 4 yeast infections... ew. Lower sex drive/don't self-lubricate and I've gained about 50 pounds (although part of that could be bad diet; haven't changed my diet though). Everyone's different, and side effects aren't horrible, but I would not recommend"

SaSt (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this mainly for easing the pain of periods and then got into a relationship later on. It has definitely kept me from getting pregnant and shortened my periods by days but I've gained at least fifteen pounds and I have gotten insanely emotional. It's really miserable. "

AishaKn December 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using birth control for going on 4 years, 16-20. I got on them for the purpose of I have extremely heavy periods with horrible cramps and acne. I took levora for about 2 years (no sexual activity) and I took it non stop to completely stop my period. Bad idea. I had break through bleeding and severe cramps for over 3 months of heavy bleeding. They put me on the strongest pill possible after that to try to stop my period from the continuous bleeding, didn't work although I did loose a lot of weight.. for the last year 1/2 I've been sexually active and the strongest pill DIDNT work so they put me back on levora with a seasonal period, and I haven't gotten pregnant and my acne is good and my period is gone! Other than every season."

BittyBailey (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first bc pill and I'm highly upset. My cramps were ten times worse than when I wasn't on the pill. My period is so irregular. I also get paranoid because days after intimacy I get nauseous and side effects of pregnancy. Will be changing these as soon as possible"

Anonymity/; December 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "On this pill for a couple months. I had heavy bleeding for the first solid month. I started having anxiety and boughts of depression. I have never felt that way on a bc pill before. I would have stomach problems to where i would vomit or have diarrhea. I chalked up everything to just having a baby at first, but soon realized it was the pills. I immediately quit taking them and had my old prescription filled . The pills just did not mix well for me. I was on spritnec for 4.5 years and never had a problem!"

Texasmom1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016