User Reviews for Levora to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Levora has an average rating of 3.8 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. 27% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 64% reported a negative effect.

Levora Rating Summary

3.8/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Aslim1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2020

“I’m currently on Levora and have been taking it since mid July. I’ve had my period for 11 days now which is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. It isn’t an unbearable period with bad cramps (although there are random rumbles here and there) but it IS a big nuisance! And so random! Thankfully, I’ve experienced some weight gain (I was quite slim and was pleasantly surprised to notice my breast getting bigger. My bf is quite happy too :)) I hope this period ends soon though because it’s not exactly the easiest thing to have for this long and I’d like to be able to enjoy the rest of the summer without a nagging period to ruin plans.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2019

“I didn't even make 6 days into the pack before I had to quit from the worst bleeding I've ever had and severe depression and anxiety. I have 2 LOs 22 months apart and I'd rather do that all over again than take this birth control.”

Ms Lapins · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2019

“I started taking Levora 3 months ago with initial goal to correct my anemia and reduce bleeding. My dr. prescribed it for a short period of time, 6 months max. I must say, I started bleeding heavily before the first "scheduled" period on the pack. I bled for nearly 2 weeks, which never happened before. Dr. office nurse said it was normal to get used to medication. Fine. Now, I'm on the 4th month of taking Levora and I'm quitting it because I'm outraged that again, I have a heavy bleeding for nearly two weeks, and it's not even close to the "period" mark on the blister. Again, that's very concerning, and causing my anxiety to spike. I haven't noticed any weight gain, however, acne appeared on my face and chest, which hasn't happened since my teenage years. Also, noticed worsening symptoms of gas, bloating, cramping and pain in my ovaries.”

Good experience · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2013

“I was put on this medicine because my doctor found a uterine fibroid after I went in abnormal bleeding complications. I haven't done well on other birth control methods that caused life threatening reaction, so of course I was scared to find that my treatment option had to be birth control. So far my experience has been great. I had experience intensified nausea at the start, it subsided after the first week. I've completely lost my appetite and have to force myself to eat at least once a day. So in my first two weeks I lost seven pounds. No complaints there. I haven't had abnormal bleeding or cramps throughout my day so its appears to be doing what it is supposed to.”

Tori510 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2018

“I've been on this for a month and I was in horrible shape. Spotting, mood swings, headaches, chest pain, shortness of breath, weight gain, major cramps and tummy gurgling. I was in a bad mood every day and I couldn't be nice to my children. I stopped taking them and its like magic, all. My symptoms disappeared . I'm so upset. My new dr recommend this since they do not carry chateal. I loved chateal. It worked great!! I wish my insurance carried these. Never will i take nor recommend this bc.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2018

“Honestly, I have been on Levora birth control for roughly a year. At first it was fine although I did gain a significant amount of weight no matter what I did. However, now I can’t stop bleeding between my period and I have horrible pain in my ovaries and back I have been to the ER three times in two weeks because of these symptoms and they keep telling me that all tests are normal and I’m telling you I know it’s my birth control I used it to skip my period and now I am regretting that decision immensely. Tomorrow is my last day before placebo week, and it will be my LAST day of taking levora because I am over this depression, anxiety, which are awful and this pill has increased it ten fold!! The bleeding, cramps, depression, weight gain, gas, bloating, mood swings, and migraines are not worth this pill. TBH at this point I’m young but I’d rather have a baby then go through this for any longer. I feel like rubbish almost 24/7”

Samjk94 February 2, 2016

“I went from being a positive, upbeat, never cry type person. I'm stopping it today because I have been having suicidal thoughts, huge bouts of rage, self harming behavior, anxiety, extreme irritability and horrible feelings of being worthless. I have NEVER felt like that before until I took this for 8 months . DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG”

Thisnurse February 15, 2017

“So I've wanted to be on BC pills for the longest just for menstrual cramps. My pcp said this would be great. I've been constantly sad, and extremely tired. No matter how much sleep I get it's never enough. I always have itching in my private area and it never seems to go away to the point where it breaks open and seeps blood. Also the non stop spotting is crazy to deal with. I've been spotting for literally a month. I know spotting is definitely expected but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I definitely want to be off of this pill and it's only been a month literally ! I rather take a Motrin 800 mg pill to deal with my cramps than to deal with this mess. It's so NOT worth it.”

lolany92 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 29, 2016

“After years of severely painful and agonizing 7 day heavy periods, my doctor recommended Levora. I have been on this pill for over a year now and it has been amazing. Only side effects I have had are positive- my boob size increased an entire cup and I have just about no acne! My periods have also shortened to less than 3 days and they are extremely light, no pain or headaches anymore either. My period comes the same time, same day, every single month. I was petrified to start birth control but I couldn't stand the horrible periods anymore. I am so happy my doctor suggested Levora as I no longer lose sleep laying awake in pain! This pill has done wonders for me!”

cawwwww · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2016

“I went on this pill to help control my insane periods and help with my acne. I'm quite young, and my periods would last from 7-10 days. my periods would be so bad that I would throw up, not be able to walk, and faint. So I decided to go on birth control to lighten my periods. my doctor told me to skip the placebo pills every month for 4 months. after the fourth month I got my period, and it made the cramping and blood flow EVEN WORSE! I also went on it to help with acne, and I can say that it has possibly made my acne worse. before going on the pill I rarely got large, hard pimples on my cheeks, and now thats a regular occurrence. if you're like me, I wouldn't recommend this pill!!”

7 1/2 years · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 3, 2017

“This birthcontrol works great. I've been taking it near 8 years now & no problems. It may be of contributed to a few lbs but not much else. Lessened my periods from 7-11 days of heavy flow to 4-5 days & relatively light. My skin hasn't really changed & it does not contribute to any emotional changes.”

CyLane September 19, 2016

“It helped slow my period but it gave me intense cramps. Will be switching as soon as this pack is up”

Learn more about Abnormal Uterine Bleeding