User Reviews for Chateal

Premenstrual Syndrome

Summary of Chateal reviews 5.7 198 reviews

Reviews for Chateal

Hidez July 15, 2019

For Birth Control "For many years I took a different form of combined hormone birth control pills (Apri), I eventually discontinued this when I realized it had been what was causing anxiety (panic attacks), low libido, and migraine headaches. Earlier this year I decided I would like to try a different type of pill and was given Chateal. I started in early March and have constantly questioned it. This type of pill has not caused the problems I had with Apri, which is great, and has also made my boobs about 2x bigger (!! awesome) but I have many other side effects. Side effects include: severe breast tenderness, weight gain (5lb in 4 months which is very unusual for me) but also just general abdominal bloating, cystic acne on face/chest/back (which I never have usually), poor sleep (waking up frequently), mild anxiety and sharp irritability, and thick white vaginal discharge (unrelated to yeast infection). Maybe this pill works for some people, but after 4.5 months, my body is clearly not taking well to it."

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 25, 2019

For Birth Control "Chateal is the first birth control I've ever loved. I've tried them all and they make me severely depressed and moody. I realized I never had levongesterol which is the hormone recommended to treat period pain, I specifically asked to try this after tons of research. I skip the placebo pills and take only active pills. I breakthrough bleed about every 4 months and give myself a painless 4 day kind of period. I lost weight, acne was reduced, boobs bigger, great sex drive, no periods really, no pain. Miracle pill. I've had 2 amazing years. I am 28 and have been experimenting for 12 years and have hated everything until now. I did just grab a refill and was given Chateal eq. I hope it's the same thing. Looks like it is."

Smalm · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

"I was on Chateal for low estrogen. I had been on it only about 5 days and had on and off chest pain/discomfort and shoulder pain/discomfort. I went to my doctor and they told me to quit it immediately. I had been on it before and had no problems or side effects, but this time around it had not gone well. I don't know why I am getting the off and on chest pains, but my doctor thinks it's the Chateal and wants me to quit it to see if the off and on pain will go away."

Deana G · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been using this pill almost a year now at first yes I felt a little nauseous but not over the top sick. IT DOES THE JOB ( not getting pregnant). I’ve used patches, Mirena IUD, implants and other pills. I definitely think this is a great pill for teenagers and adults only downfall for me is I don’t have much of a sex drive anymore. Good thing is no weight gain and no crazy breakouts. So it’s definitely worth a try I’d recommend this pill for anyone"

Bee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2019

For Birth Control "Was actually excited to start the pill, set an alarm on my phone and found it weirdly satisfying how easy it was to take it everyday on time without missing. BUT this pill gave me horrible side effects, I was super nauseous at all times, moody, depressed, and feeling pregnancy symptoms constantly. After 2 months of taking it, I had weird spotting and found out I was pregnant!!!! The symptoms started off so similar to pregnancy symptoms that I had no clue I was already 6 weeks along!! I wouldn’t recommend."

Elli · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Chateal for 2 years and have had no negative side effects whatsoever, however the strange thing is it has been the only birth control (and I tried about six) that hasn’t made me horribly nauseous. The only side effect I have experienced is not weight gain, but specifically temporary breast enlargement while on the pill. When I got off it temporarily it went back to normal. My doctor said that it was indeed a side effect of the birth control convincing my body that I was already pregnant. Aside from that I have had no side effects whatsoever. I know everyone’s body is different, but if there are any girls out there who have been made nauseous with every other brand, then try Chateal this may help you like it had helped me! I refuse to go use any other kind of birth control now."

Anonymous April 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this medication shortly after my abortion (sadly). Normally in the past I don't have major side effects of birth control but Chateal birth control I did. First off, this birth control gives you the same exact symptoms of pregnancy. Back aches, acne, nausea, fatigue, etc. I have been on this birth control for about 3 weeks now and I had to QUIT. Please do not take this birth control. I have HORRIBLE nausea that lasts me all throughout the day it is horrible. Also, my back aches are really bad as well. I had to take a pregnancy test. The acne I got from this was horrifying. Usually I have pretty nice skin and I RARELY get acne but this made me breakout on my whole face :( all together this is not worth taking I would DEFINITELY use condoms over this. Also, this medication causes me SEVERE anxiety as well and headaches! Please do not take this medication."

Sharebear · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Chateal for 3 plus years, and so far I’ve been happy with it. It sucks for those who had the really bad side effects withChateal. I mean we all have different body types and we’re gonna experience it differently. So far, from what I experienced was the constant headaches I get before I get my period and the cramping. I’ve never had cramps before I started using birth control but I can live with the minor problems. I had regular periods that last up for 4-7 days, never had irregular spotting/periods or tenderness on my breasts and my emotions weren’t affected. Besides that, it’s been so effective for me, and it has been doing it’s job so I’m going to continue with Chateal.(:"

Anonymous March 19, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on chateal for almost 3 years. I’ve read all these reviews and see that everyone hates it the first couple of months and gets off chateal. Well, I hated it too the first 6 months. It gave me the worst headaches, back aches, and my boobs were sore. Also I would get horrible chest pain . However, after those 6 months I was fine. I never experienced any break thru bleeding. I always get my period when I’m supposed to and it lasts 4-7 days. I think this is a great birth control because my partner and I don’t use condoms and I’ve never had a pregnancy scare. I like it."

Claire · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

For Endometriosis "On Chateal for endometriosis and my sex drive disappeared, my acne EXPLODED, and I normally have clear skin, I have diarrhea, all the time, every day and my boobs are constantly sore. Not pregnant, but I'm only on month two. I want to change but Planned Parenthood in my state doesn't offer free or cost effective appointments so I'll be trapped taking this for a while."

miss sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Chateal for about 2 months and the first month wasn't too troubling until I hit the second month and I developed a lot of emotional and mental instabilities that I've never had before, I came across suicidal thoughts and my sex drive was pretty much non existent which has never been a problem before (hence the bc). I got off of it after a week of a mental break down and I started feeling much better and myself again but I had HORRIBLE intense period cramps immediately after, I personally did not like this birth control "

Niki · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Chateal about a month and a half ago. The first month was fine and I thought I found a BC with no side effects. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for the second month. Around my 5th week I started to get bad headaches and wasn’t sure where it was coming from until I read the reviews. My other side effect was irregular bleeding. My period ended between 4-5 days and then about 4 days after it ended I started bleeding again. It wasn’t heavy and it wasn’t deep red however it did have a “scent” that isn’t normal for me or my periods. I’m trying not to stop because of course, I don’t want to get pregnant but my side effects are embarrassing and uncomfortable. Seeing now that a lot of women lost their sex drive is really making me what to stop this medication tomorrow. Hopefully your experience is different."

Becky · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

For Birth Control "The first month of taking it, it had my emotions all out of whack. There was definitely a decrease in my sex drive. I didn't see a difference in my weight or acne. Those stayed about the same. My period cramps are much worse. But overall the pill did prevent me from getting pregnant."

Not Pregnant · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2019

For Birth Control "Honestly, this birth control took me months to get adjusted to, but a year in and it works fine! It doesn’t help with my acne, but my boobs did get bigger and I only gained a pound or two (although that could be from my bad eating out habits lol) Also, it’s super effective. We are not using any other form of contraception and I’m not pregnant!!!"

Fdup · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on Chateal for around 4 months and have been having a terrible experience. Not until I had read some of these other reviews today did I realize that my horrible mood swings, depression, and anxiety were completely exacerbated by Chateal. I honestly thought I was losing my mind and have had some suicidal thoughts from time to time. I'm a college student and these emotional episodes are taking a huge toll on my academic life. In addition, I have gained a significant amount of weight and feel bloated a good amount of the time, and also I'm always breaking out with acne on my face, back, and arms. I'm so glad that I was able to see some of these reviews which validated what I was going through. I'm going to stop taking Chateal today!!!"

Krystie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 15, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on another brand of BC but I had a lot of issues with it and planned parenthood gave me a free years supply of Chateal so it was worth a try. I have had no issues— in fact it helped some issues I was having. I’ve had periods that lasted over 4 months in the past or horrible painful bleeding where I’d soak through my pants every 45 mins. I was also very irregular and had a lot of acne. After the first two months my periods are completely regular and do not last more than 5-7 days. Acne cleared up and I lost some weight. And no pregnancy so yay. Only thing is I was nauseous for the first 2-3 months or so and definitely more depressed than usual but I already have depression so there’s that. The pros outweigh the cons with this brand."

S · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Chateal for almost 2 months now. I went to Planned Parenthood because I was having irregular bleeding as well as really bad acne which I never had before. They gave me a year supply of Chateal and as soon as I went home and saw the bad reviews I was really hesitant to start them. First few weeks I felt a little nauseous but nothing unbearable, a few headaches but they weren't totally painful and my acne cleared up. I was really happy that it seemed to agree with my body until I started to notice I was losing some hair. Now 2 months into it I feel like I've lost quite a lot of hair, there's no bald patches or anything but I used to have really thick hair and now my hair has really thinned out and strands are always coming out constantly. It's making me really insecure about something I never had a prob with. As much as I'd love to stay on Chateal I've made an appointment with my new dr to hopefully find something else."

CCE November 8, 2018

"I was irregular with my period so I was put on chateal. It's my second month and everything has been going fine. I did experience nausea but nothing to extreme and I actually lost a little weight, but again nothing drastic. I was so scared to start because I saw so many bad reviews, but honestly its not too bad. I'm not sure if I got back acne from the pill but its going away now."

Alexx · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 3 weeks now... I haven’t had any problems except, more cramping then I would normally have, my cycle is due for next week, so basically lots of cramping a week before my cycle, hopefully this means I might not get a cycle or very light. Other than that, no other side affects and hope my skin clear up like everyone else’s reviews haha."

Ashhluvsu2 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking Chateal since I was 18, it has never failed to do it's job. It prevents pregnancy alright, 5 years of being on it and I've never even had a scare. The only thing it did to me was that it gave me a few horrible migraines for the first three months of being on it. But then, once my body adjusted to it, I was fine. It hasn't bothered me since."

Meh · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2018

For Birth Control "So it did its job in keeping me not pregnant, but I did notice some weight gain, and my reason for leaving this pill was huge: ZERO sex drive. I have never had a problem with this before, nor have I ever had a problem with self-lubrication, but almost immediately after starting this pill, my sex drive plummeted and I could net get wet during sex at all."

Megan October 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for almost 3 weeks now, and so far it's been great! No side effects for me. At least nothing too serious. A week and a half into taking the pills, my breasts were tender, swollen, and a little painful to touch. It went away a week later though, and now I'm totally fine. No weight gain, although that wouldn't be such a terrible thing for me. No mood swings/changes. Everything's going well so far! Give it a try!"

Kee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Only reason I gave it a two star is because its effective at doing its job, though it probably doesn't matter because I took plan b quite a few times since this bc made me throw up so often, nearly every morning I took it, sometimes at night as well since I took it at 9 pm. Also gave me MORE acne and I bled for nearly 3 weeks after starting it, though it may be because I was switching to chateal from the depo shot. I switched off of depo shot because I gained 30 pounds and was extremely moody but with this bc I am always having head aches, feeling nauseous, throwing up."

Ann · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "Only got this birth control because it was cost effective. Only 2 benefits were that I didn’t get pregnant and it reallllyyyy lightened & shortened my period. But besides that, I’ve gotten horrible anxiety, I cried at random times, I was always so irritable and sometimes even mean. I was only on it for 5 months before I finally stopped. I’m feeling so much better now and I so far don’t feel miserable like I did on that birth control."

J · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I have ever used. I am a college student and I wanted something cost effective. I have been on this pill for about 2 years now. I take it every single day around the same time. I have experienced no side effects. I did not gain weight, in fact, I have lost weight over the years but that is due to a change in my eating habits. I do not get mood swings nor have I ever. My skin is great. I have yet to get pregnant. I remember I stopped taking the pills for like 2 weeks once because I wanted to stop and that is when I noticed some side effects. When I stopped taking the pill or when I was careless about it, I noticed dark vaginal discharge and my skin broke out. If you take this pill consistently then all will be fine."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)