User Reviews for Chateal

2.5
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Chateal reviews 97 reviews 4.3

Reviews for Chateal

For Birth Control "I started this pill reluctantly after having read all the horrible reviews, but I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. It was my first time ever taking the pill, and I noticed a few changes in the beginning while my body adjusted, but nothing drastic. I did tell my boyfriend to keep an eye out for the side effects and that helped me mentally prepare for them. Over time, my periods got lighter and shorter. The first couple months, I noticed I was more emotional on the week of the placebo pills, but who isn't when they're on their period. No acne. Good sex drive. I've been on it for over a year now and I love it. Just take it everyday and remember that people who have good experiences, usually don't take time to write a review."

drzlala (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on Chateal for about a month now. Tried Depo previously, which was terrible. I bled for 6 months straight, my face broke out terribly and my sex drive was in the gutter. So far, the only thing I notice with this pill is that my cramps during the placebo week are WAAAAY worse than my cramps prior to taking chateal. And my sex drive went down a bit but not too bad. Also, breakthrough bleeding since I started taking it but I'm giving it a 3 month window to see improvement with that to see how my body adjusts to the hormones. Prior to taking chateal, I had a "luxury" period. About 4 days, barely any cramps or mood changes. Just a bit of nausea. I hope that doesn't change drastically."

chirese (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for a month, I've never had acne before and now I do, I get really depressed and have breakdowns, I've been spotting for almost two weeks, and I've put on weight that is hard to lose!!!! I have stomach cramps every few days and sometimes really bad migraines, I hate these pills!!"

Anonymous 26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I took chateal for 3 months, I was depressed, got nauseous every day, get horrible headaches, gained 20 pounds, got horrible acne, had the worst cramps, lost my sex drive. Stopped taking them 3 weeks ago, my acne is clearing up, my headaches are gone, my sex drive is back but I have been bleeding since I stopped taking them."

Endonnis November 15, 2016

For Birth Control "The reviews online are correct. I got this form of birth control after explicitly telling my doctor I wanted to reduce breakouts, and she said this would help. I was excited. Went home and decided to read some reviews online. All horrible, especially regarding acne. I decided to give it a go anyway, hoping that only those with negative experiences reviewed the medication. After giving it my best shot I have given up. Nausea, headaches, and ACNE. The explicit thing the doctor said would improve (I actually have nice skin off birth control, except around that time of the month). Not only do the personal reviews often say this causes breakouts, the side effects of the medication literally says acne vulgaris is a possible side effect. HORRIBLE"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 18 yrs old and I started taking this after the first time I had sex, overall this proscription has proven to be so accurate but I am very big on taking it every day at almost the exact same time(30 mins off but never more than that) And I did notice when I first got on it my sex drive went down and I had been really moody. Things that wouldn't normally get to me did but not 6 months in everything is getting regular. Very, very effective!"

B 808 November 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I always had really severe period pain and I would throw up. So I started a birth control and it made me feel horrible. I no longer threw up, but it made me severely depressed. I was afraid to try another pill. I started chateal and I didn't gain any weight. I didn't get depressed or break out any more than normal. And I no linger felt pain , I do still get slight nauseous around my period but no where near as bad as before. I have taken this pill a little more than a year and I have not gotten pregnant either. Although I use other precautions as well. My sister is looking for a good birth control and this is the one I've been recommending."

Makayla711 November 8, 2016

For Birth Control "First time taking birth control these pills were the worst. First week was fine than I started noticing my hair was getting thinner and started spotting brown dis charge for almost 3 weeks and started getting redder. I stopped taking them for 2 days and started bleeding heavy. The pills had me dizzy and really bad mood swings!"

Memek November 4, 2016

For Birth Control "So I wanted to take the time to review this birth control, I had tried several before this one & none of them were the right one I would bleed days at a time through out the whole month on the other brands. Then one day my dr. told me to try this one, I read so many reviews & they were bad I was terrified to try it but you don't know until you try right? Well this is my 4th month on chateal & I couldn't be any more pleased. No weight gain, spotting, or mood swings. The only issue I have sometimes is bloating & breaking out but it goes away. If you struggle with break through bleeding I definitely recommend this & push the bad reviews out of the way & remember everyone is different."

abcz1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this birth control when I was 18 and have been on it for about 8 months now once I first started it I was so nauseous and had horrible headaches. When it came time for me to get my period I missed it, then it came the next month with the worst cramps I have ever experienced. My face is kind of acne prone and it cleared up a little bit but not a whole lot. I've gained about 15 pounds and after I take the pill I get so hungry. My periods are about the same I'm just a little bit lighter and it's like a day shorted but my period does come EXACTLY 28 days from my first day. I experience really bad cramps like going to the ER cramps and they got a little better but not like to the point where I have no cramps. I guess it's alright."

Samantha2215 October 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Definitely works but it did leave me with some acne that took awhile to heal and if I happened to miss a pill I would bleed for a few days until my body got back on track. I have been using it for about a year and just switched to monanessa in hopes of helping with my acne. All in all I did enjoy Chateal besides the spotting and mild mood swings."

Kuhtrina27 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Recently got off it because...well I ran out. But I love this brand it does the job & no side affects :)"

Azv September 29, 2016

For Birth Control "It kept me from getting pregnant, but gave me horrible cramps, even in between periods. My mood was out of control. I had extreme anger and depression, I've never felt so crazy in my life. Mild headaches, but they were daily. Lost my sex drive, and got a yeast infection like immediately. Couldn't eat anything, which may sound like a dream come true, but it was really unhealthy. Forcing myself to eat made me nauseous. Also had vaginal dryness, felt really dehydrated, and was constipated. Definitely not the right pill for me. Good luck ladies, I hope you have a better experience on this. * Take it at the same time every day or you'll get nauseous!"

Sara C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "pretty decent birth control, didn't give me any benefits I still got acne that took forever to heal but it is not as bad as when I was on orthro tri cyclrn that one gave me horrible acne, also gave me headaches for like a week gonna switch back to thee patch cause it was the only that works for me and I'm done experimenting different pills lol"

Lilleytomo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Chateal for 4 months and I didn't like it. I was always moody and very emotional. I was always feeling depressed and I didn't like that. I'm normally a happy person so when I started feeling this way. I immediately wanted to switch birth control. Only thing I liked about was that I had an appetite and was able to gain weight like I wanted too unlike the other birth controls I've taken. I didn't like being moody all the time so I switched to the depo shot and I've been so much happier."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had a great experience on Chateal. I used to have terrible migraines and unbearable cramps that on more than one occasion threatened to send me to the ER (and only didn't because I couldn't stand up and walk to the car to get there), and that all stopped when I got on birth control. I started on Levora and switched to Chanteal, the transition was seamless. I haven't had any of my previous problems and...it just works. If you are the kind of person who is able to take your pill at the same time each day (and really be consistent), then I would absolutely suggest this pill."

OllyRand August 29, 2016

OllyRand August 29, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I was put on Chateal 5 months ago because I was diagnosed with PCOS & Hypothyroidism. I had bleeding for 28 weeks Prior so they wanted to stop it. It didn't regulate me at all, I've experienced Period Cramping which I've never had before. I've lost weight and my sex drive. I've had nausea, Dizziness, Frequent Migraines, Blood in stool. But worst of all Stomach cramps and Extreme pain In abdomen area. If I stop taking the pills the bleeding will continue and I won't be able to get the tests I need to find out what is wrong. All in all, I'm going back on Friday to get more tests and a biopsy. If this birth control gives you extreme side effects, Or doesn't regulate your period; Contact your doctor right away."

Oml (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This gave me headaches all the time. Stopped taking it and have been headache free !"

Berthamorh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taken Chateal for 7 months now. It's been effective the whole time I've been on it but it's been a horrible experience overall. It did not help with my period in any way. My periods are still the same length, they're heavier and my cramps are worse. Acne never played a part in this as a side effect since I've never had a problem with acne. Taking Chateal literally made me feel insane. I have never in my life felt so sad and angry and depressed for no reason. I used to only cry getting close to my period and now I cry all the time the whole month about anything. I constantly felt depressed without a way out because I couldn't figure out why I felt this way. No one should have to feel this way."

Vmarti August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Chateal birth control pills for almost a year from Planned Parenthood. LOVE it and I will forever continue to use it. These pills definitely make my period shorter, lessen the pain of my cramps, and helped my ACNE. I use to have the implant, and I had my period every single day and broke out on my face AND chest. Usually, I get bloated before my period comes. Once I start the green pills, bleeding begins on the 3rd or 4th day. I never experienced weight gain, or migraines."

Katie1996 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Cause awful awful awful migraines with auras. Quit for a month to make sure that was the cause. As soon as I started back up -within 3 days migraines were back."

Hollyjoelle87 July 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been really happy with Chateal. I don't experience the irritability I've experienced with other birth control pills. I also like that my period doesn't kick in immediately if I forget a dose."

Cb325 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2016

For Birth Control "My experience with my first month of using Chateal has been eventful. I feel a little less stress in the getting not getting pregnant aspect of taking a birth control however the sideffects have been testing. I'm almost always feeling nauseous or bloaty and I can tell I've gained a lot of weight. I have had crazy mood swings which has caused some issues between my boyfriend and me. I was out to eat with some friends and I literally wanted to simultaneously punch a wall laugh and cry all at once. I feel my depression is growing stronger but I am taking preemptive strikes to keeping that controlled. Yes i would suggest this pill. However Chateal may not be for everyone."

Km1097 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been usin this pill since around November 2015. My experience with this birth control has been very positive. I've been having unprotected sex and never have gotten pregnant. My boyfriend came in me once recently and I've been experiencing nausea lately, I'm not sure what it's from or if it's a sign of pregnancy..but I do trust that this pill will protect me from getting pregnant. The nausea could be from the pill itself, which is what other people have been experiencing while on this pill. I know exactly the date when my period comes now which is nice. Side effects for me could be depression and nausea. I went on anti depressants a couple months after taking this pill. Acne is gone!!!"

Anonymous June 20, 2016