User Reviews for Chateal

5.3

3 reviews
Summary of Chateal reviews 5.8 170 reviews

Reviews for Chateal

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started this to treat abnormal, irregular periods. I can say it treated that perfectly. No irregular nor painful periods ever since I started it. I used to also break out super hard before my period and that was also cleared up. I might get one small zit a month now. However, I cannot take this medication anymore. It has an incredibly strong effect on my mood, it makes me nauseous, and my appetite for both food and sex is nearly zero. I want to like this birth control. I've been on it for more than four months now, but it is not for me. I cannot handle how it affects my stomach and my mood. I won't say it's terrible, though, because it DOES do what it's meant to do. My periods are incredibly light and regular. Comes right on the second day of the last week and lasts only about three or four days. I recommend at least trying it. It is effective. Just keep a journal for your moods and sex drive."

Natali (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this same birth control for 6 years. I HAVEN’T had any unwanted weight gain, no cramps, I do have an AWESOME regulated period, and FINALLY my acne has been gone for about 8 months now, and I struggled hard core with deep cystic acne, and I’m only left with scars. (Thank you!!!!) I don’t have any issues with depression or any signs like that. I do normally have some anxiety but it hasn’t got worse from taking the pill. There is one thing that I struggle with on a day to day basis. I have been with the same partner for 4 years, and while we have ALWAYS had a great sex life (no problems with orgasms), I just have an extremely low sex drive and I believe this birth control has caused that. It feels like it’s only getting worse. I hope my review helps you. It’s great because NO PREGNANCY, but everyone’s side effects will be different."

Jorrrrr (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "SEVERE pain when menstruating First month I went from 118lbs to 102lbs. Not normal. I got no acne whatsoever but my skin just looked tired and dull. I lost my appetite and had no sex drive at all and was so hard to orgasm. I was jealous and super anxious, depressed and moody. I also got two ear infections in the same month and popped eardrum, which I’ve never had ear infections before, yeast infection, recurring sinus infection. Then about 5 months in I had extreme pain in one side and bleeding and nausea I thought I was having a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. All scans came out normal. Migraines with flashing lights. Depression. This pill did NOT work for me. I stopped it and felt better literally two days later I feel back to myself, I gained some weight that I needed and my skin looks way better. Going to try yaz. Good luck ladies"

bbmar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I got on this birth control almost a year ago. Before that I was not on any birth control me and my boyfriend would use condoms we had sex a lot it was never painful - just fine. I switched to this and I have not been able to get in”the mood” for almost that long and it also is very very painful to have sex it’s been about 6 months because it is that painful."

Anonymous February 16, 2018

For Premenstrual Syndrome "This wrecked my mood completely. I had the worst PMS I've had since I started my period. It is overall awful!"

Livchav February 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this birth control for 4 years and I have had NO SIDE EFFECTS. I love this pill because it makes me feel totally normal. I have a feeling my periods and acne would be worse if I was not on this pill. Sometimes I’m tempted to switch to a method that I don’t have to take every day but I’m worried I won’t strike gold again."

AuntyI February 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I was initially prescribed Chateal in August of 2016 and began experiencing intense mood swings after severally months’ use. I am a very emotionally stable person normally, so after journaling the effects and doing some research I decided that this was not normal and stopped taking it. I felt better right away. After starting a new relationship, I started taking Chateal again in October of 2017 hoping that this time it would be different...it wasn’t. About two months in I began feeling depressed and experiencing deep-in-the-pit-of-my-stomach anxiety. I would go from a happy mood to a depressed mood and back again in the matter of minutes, even waking up in the middle of the night with anxiety. I experienced terrible insomnia, irritability, loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting. After reading reviews I am happy to know that I am not as crazy as I feel and that other people have dealt with the same things, so hopefully this review can help someone else!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I woke up last night at 1am to serious cramps and a heavy flow after taking Chateal for three months. The cramps slowly got worse keeping me up until 4 am when they felt like contractions. At this point I woke my boyfriend up and asked him to take me to the hospital. On our way I started gushing bright red blood and many many blood clots came along with that. As soon as I got into the ER I had lost so much blood that they thought I was miscarrying so they didn't make me wait. I was passing out, bleeding out, getting hot, and throwing up profusely. Literally thought I was dying. They were talking about the possibility of me needing a blood transfusion. After a pregnancy test, ultrasound, pelvic exam, and blood tests they told me I was not miscarrying but was likely caused by the birth control I was on at the time. 5 hours later I had been given enough blood to leave the hospital but I am still weak and tired from the blood loss. I will no longer take chateal."

Gabiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking chateal for a little over a year. It's a great option if you want to become incredibly depressed, gain 15 pounds you can never get off, have no sex drive, and never have another orgasm. To look on the bright side, I didn't get pregnant!"

Gkhctj January 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Although I have to give Chateal credit for doing it's job by stopping an unwanted pregnancy, I put on 25 pounds in 4 months. I'd like to also mention I have a fairly low metabolism for the majority of my life. I constantly craved sweets. It made me nauseous everyday at random, horrible mood swings and crying spells the first month. It also increased my cup size and got rid of acne on my back but the other side affects were to horrific for me. I am now discontinuing the pill and going back to the patch."

Roro29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve taken Chateal for over 4 years. It’s been the best form of birth control for me. It never affected my mood, didn’t make me gain weight, and my period is consistent and as regular as it was before I took birth control. It even reduced my acne! I’ve considered other forms of birth control but I’ve had so much success with Chateal, I’m afraid to switch to the IUD or nexplanon"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 31, 2017

For Birth Control "I gave these pills a fair shot. After the first few months I really started to notice extreme mood swings and an overall change in my mood. I was always angry, sad and unhappy. Especially the week before my period, I was just plain psychotic. My cramps got worse on this pill too, they would start up to a week before my period. My periods got longer but also lighter. I gained 30 pounds in a year and my acne got worse after about 6 months. The acne cleared up the first few months though. I also would get nausea and headaches. My sex drive was just fine, no change. Vaginal dryness, yes. It did work though, never had a single pregnancy scare. I just couldn't handle the mood changes and neither could my relationship."

Pearl10 December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been taking this for about to months to see if it would help with the constant yi I was getting with my previous bc, it made it worse , I read some reviews before taking this and read alot of ppl going threw depression but thought to myself its not gonna happen to me , this made me depressed , to the point NOT wanting to commit suicide but thinking omg this is why ppl think about it , I hated my life and there is nothing in my life to be upset about and making this worse was this pill made me COMPLETELY lose my sex drive , no wonder the pill works because it makes not even have the erge to have sex , I stopped taking this pill , I wouldnt recommend this pill to anyone . I only gave it a 7 cuz it did its job"

Mommy2003 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017

For Birth Control "When I first started taking it I was skeptical, I was nauseous for the entire 1st month I was on it, it was really bad, but once I got used to it, about 4 months in my period became super regular, came on the night of the 4th pill every month since then and I loved that about this pill. I did gain weight not because of the pill, simply b/c of my eating habits & lack of exercise. One negative is that I got super crampy a week before my period & during up until the 3rd day then it stopped. My cramps actually got worse on the pill but that was the only bad part. My periods did get even lighter (they were always light) and shorter. My periods ended up being 4 days with the 5th day really being about not messing up my good panties."

Lexi_1994 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this for 4 months. So far; no weight gain, my acne cleared up, no pregnancy issues, my breast size has increased (yay!), periods are really light and consistent. But I’ve been very emotional (which I hate), my libido isn’t as high as it used to be, it’s difficult to orgasm sometimes (which I never had a problem with before this birth control), I also think I’m starting to lose some hair. But overall it’s a great type of birth control to try out."

Em1990 November 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Chateal for two years. I was very nervous to start birth control but I'm glad they started me on this one. I got it from my local PP. The things I noticed: I have very thick hair and I feel like my hair has thinned out since starting it. My boobs felt slightly bigger/more sensitive after starting it. It also causes my appetite to fluctuate a lot. I actually lost weight on this in the first year, to the point where I was underweight, and recently I have gained some back. Chateal has been awesome. I switched insurance half way through and both cover it. Everyone is different but this one has worked well for me. No pregnancy!"

mads2410 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve been on chateal for almost 6 months and I love it so far, it cleared up my acne so now I can go out without makeup, I didn’t really gain weight but I haven’t been losing but it’s okay, my periods are exactly 28 days apart, my periods are light and cramps are like non existent, and best part I’m not pregnant! The only thing I do agree on my sex drive isn’t like before tho lol"

Andream726 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2017

For Birth Control "With all the bad reviews I was scared to try this! So far I have had 0 symptoms. no weight gain, no hair loss, no appetite increase/decrease. I guess everyones body is different but this birth control works amazing for me"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on it for 6 months and it works! Period came on time and I'm not pregnant! I've had 3 miscarriages and emotionally not ready to do it again. However, I've gained weight, it makes me very sleepy... like too sleepy to tend to my 4 and 1 year old, my hair falls out BAD! I am not an emotional person, but I do feel I'm more angry and I hate feeling like that. One last thing, I was still breastfeeding my son, not exclusively, and pph told me its ok to take it. Well I'm just now reading the warning label and it reads to not take it if u are breastfeeding!! Pph told me it was ok! It said the drug can be passed to him thru my milk! He has been fine. I'm hoping it stays that way. But it works and I will continue to use it."

Tori41510 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I used chateal for about 10 months as birth control I recommended 100% it regulates your period and everything but it made me so emotional and depressed I didn't really have a problem with that and my boyfriend understood the way my emotions changed so he wouldn't get mad when I was acting like a complete psycho. I changed the pill to tarina fe 1/20 because chateal made me gain 8 pounds in 10 months and it was almost impossible to drop it. Hopefully tarina will not make me gain weight. It's a great method to not get pregnant."

Perlad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I always see such dramatic reviews about birth control, most of the time negative experiences. This pill is overall great, for me, this is the third brand I've changed to within this past year and the only complaint I have about it is that ever since I started this pill, I feel like I've lost a lot more hair. My hair is much thinner than it has ever been. Besides hair loss/thinning, this pill worked amazing compared the previous two I was on. This pill gave me no weight gain or loss, no breakouts, no abnormal symptoms. I even get my period when I'm supposed to + it lighten my period a lot! I would totally recommend this if you don't have a family genetic of hair loss :)"

Amber C October 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I am 18 and this is the first birth control I have ever been on. I have really heavy and painful periods so I decided to give it a try. it has been almost 3 weeks since I've taken it and I've had an awful experience. A lot of nausea, headaches, really painful cramps last 30 seconds or so, but the worst has been my mental state. I wake up sometimes and feel almost numb, no energy and sometimes I sit there with blank thoughts but other times I just cry. I actually cry a lot, everything upsets me. My appetite has gone down and I'm feeling like this just isn't worth it anymore."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I got on these pills mainly due to the fact that my partner and I are highly sexually active. As of lately not much due to these pills making me moody as well as of course I would get one of the rare side effects. I have vaginal dryness, I have no period which makes me sketched out and my libido is low. This pill just isn't for me I couldn't make it past the one month mark. I feel like I should have shopped out more options on the pill side."

Highly disappointed (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

For Birth Control "Good things first; shorter lighter periods, came at the same time every month, like started and ended the same day of the week, less pain, I get really bad backaches. Now for the bad stuff; discharge, horrible discharge every day.Acne, weight gain, mood changes, like so bad! It ruined my new relationship and turned me into an anxious depressed mess. Like a literal crazy person. Gave it a three cause it's easy to use, I didn't get pregnant, aaaand it made my periods easier. So it did its job, but turned me into a crazy person."

Kaaat0888 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control is an amateur one for sure. I have been on it for almost 3 months now. I have mood swings, weight gain in hips and thighs ( I'm a professional athlete and have never had weight there), increased appetite, and occasional bleeding. I have had some minor break outs too. I am definitely switching over to a different brand."

Ellena2020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017