User Reviews for Chateal

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Chateal.

Birth Control

Endometriosis
2.5

Summary of Chateal reviews 4.6 155 reviews

Reviews for Chateal

For Birth Control "I have been taking this for about to months to see if it would help with the constant yi I was getting with my previous bc, it made it worse , I read some reviews before taking this and read alot of ppl going threw depression but thought to myself its not gonna happen to me , this made me depressed , to the point NOT wanting to commit suicide but thinking omg this is why ppl think about it , I hated my life and there is nothing in my life to be upset about and making this worse was this pill made me COMPLETELY lose my sex drive , no wonder the pill works because it makes not even have the erge to have sex , I stopped taking this pill , I wouldnt recommend this pill to anyone . I only gave it a 7 cuz it did its job"

Mommy2003 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I first started taking it I was skeptical, I was nauseous for the entire 1st month I was on it, it was really bad, but once I got used to it, about 4 months in my period became super regular, came on the night of the 4th pill every month since then and I loved that about this pill. I did gain weight not because of the pill, simply b/c of my eating habits & lack of exercise. One negative is that I got super crampy a week before my period & during up until the 3rd day then it stopped. My cramps actually got worse on the pill but that was the only bad part. My periods did get even lighter (they were always light) and shorter. My periods ended up being 4 days with the 5th day really being about not messing up my good panties."

Lexi_1994 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this for 4 months. So far; no weight gain, my acne cleared up, no pregnancy issues, my breast size has increased (yay!), periods are really light and consistent. But I’ve been very emotional (which I hate), my libido isn’t as high as it used to be, it’s difficult to orgasm sometimes (which I never had a problem with before this birth control), I also think I’m starting to lose some hair. But overall it’s a great type of birth control to try out."

Em1990 November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Chateal for two years. I was very nervous to start birth control but I'm glad they started me on this one. I got it from my local PP. The things I noticed: I have very thick hair and I feel like my hair has thinned out since starting it. My boobs felt slightly bigger/more sensitive after starting it. It also causes my appetite to fluctuate a lot. I actually lost weight on this in the first year, to the point where I was underweight, and recently I have gained some back. Chateal has been awesome. I switched insurance half way through and both cover it. Everyone is different but this one has worked well for me. No pregnancy!"

mads2410 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I’ve been on chateal for almost 6 months and I love it so far, it cleared up my acne so now I can go out without makeup, I didn’t really gain weight but I haven’t been losing but it’s okay, my periods are exactly 28 days apart, my periods are light and cramps are like non existent, and best part I’m not pregnant! The only thing I do agree on my sex drive isn’t like before tho lol"

Andream726 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "With all the bad reviews I was scared to try this! So far I have had 0 symptoms. no weight gain, no hair loss, no appetite increase/decrease. I guess everyones body is different but this birth control works amazing for me"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on it for 6 months and it works! Period came on time and I'm not pregnant! I've had 3 miscarriages and emotionally not ready to do it again. However, I've gained weight, it makes me very sleepy... like too sleepy to tend to my 4 and 1 year old, my hair falls out BAD! I am not an emotional person, but I do feel I'm more angry and I hate feeling like that. One last thing, I was still breastfeeding my son, not exclusively, and pph told me its ok to take it. Well I'm just now reading the warning label and it reads to not take it if u are breastfeeding!! Pph told me it was ok! It said the drug can be passed to him thru my milk! He has been fine. I'm hoping it stays that way. But it works and I will continue to use it."

Tori41510 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I used chateal for about 10 months as birth control I recommended 100% it regulates your period and everything but it made me so emotional and depressed I didn't really have a problem with that and my boyfriend understood the way my emotions changed so he wouldn't get mad when I was acting like a complete psycho. I changed the pill to tarina fe 1/20 because chateal made me gain 8 pounds in 10 months and it was almost impossible to drop it. Hopefully tarina will not make me gain weight. It's a great method to not get pregnant."

Perlad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I always see such dramatic reviews about birth control, most of the time negative experiences. This pill is overall great, for me, this is the third brand I've changed to within this past year and the only complaint I have about it is that ever since I started this pill, I feel like I've lost a lot more hair. My hair is much thinner than it has ever been. Besides hair loss/thinning, this pill worked amazing compared the previous two I was on. This pill gave me no weight gain or loss, no breakouts, no abnormal symptoms. I even get my period when I'm supposed to + it lighten my period a lot! I would totally recommend this if you don't have a family genetic of hair loss :)"

Amber C October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 18 and this is the first birth control I have ever been on. I have really heavy and painful periods so I decided to give it a try. it has been almost 3 weeks since I've taken it and I've had an awful experience. A lot of nausea, headaches, really painful cramps last 30 seconds or so, but the worst has been my mental state. I wake up sometimes and feel almost numb, no energy and sometimes I sit there with blank thoughts but other times I just cry. I actually cry a lot, everything upsets me. My appetite has gone down and I'm feeling like this just isn't worth it anymore."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I got on these pills mainly due to the fact that my partner and I are highly sexually active. As of lately not much due to these pills making me moody as well as of course I would get one of the rare side effects. I have vaginal dryness, I have no period which makes me sketched out and my libido is low. This pill just isn't for me I couldn't make it past the one month mark. I feel like I should have shopped out more options on the pill side."

Highly disappointed (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Good things first; shorter lighter periods, came at the same time every month, like started and ended the same day of the week, less pain, I get really bad backaches. Now for the bad stuff; discharge, horrible discharge every day.Acne, weight gain, mood changes, like so bad! It ruined my new relationship and turned me into an anxious depressed mess. Like a literal crazy person. Gave it a three cause it's easy to use, I didn't get pregnant, aaaand it made my periods easier. So it did its job, but turned me into a crazy person."

Kaaat0888 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control is an amateur one for sure. I have been on it for almost 3 months now. I have mood swings, weight gain in hips and thighs ( I'm a professional athlete and have never had weight there), increased appetite, and occasional bleeding. I have had some minor break outs too. I am definitely switching over to a different brand."

Ellena2020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Only good thing about this is not getting pregnant this birth-control pill has made me break out also I have a sharp pain and feel sick all the time and make my period late"

Liyahbee411 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I haven't really been on this brand of the pill for long however it has been a horrible experience. A little background I have been on another brand of birth control before but went off of it and instead was put on this one. After a week I started experiencing so many horrible things. First was acne, my skin is usually clear but this made me breakout a lot. However the worst part of it all is the mood swings and emotions. I cry for absolutely no reason and just feel sad. I'm usually not like this but now even talking to someone will make me burst out in tears and based on other reviews I see I'm not alone. In terms of not getting pregnant if used correctly it does the job but to me it's just not worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Chateal for about 2 months now. I have read about the negative side effects of this birth control, but different bodies have different reactions, and so far it has worked really well for me. I have high levels of androgens which gave me really irregular periods so I need to use birth control with more estrogen. I've used a different brand before and suffered severe mood swings and night sweats which scared me from using pills for a long time. Ever since I gave Chateal a try, I've noticed that my old reactions to birth control is no longer there. I haven't agained weight or gotten mood swings. The only negative effect I get is the occasional headache. It works at preventing pregnancy and period regulation for me."

amanda1358 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Before taking Chateal, I was on Sprintec for 9 years. I had a flawless experience with Sprintec, but when my health insurance ended I was left with Chateal. The first few months were fine, but over time I started spotting between periods more and more frequently. I was very careful about taking it at the same time every day, but still the spotting persisted. After just over a year on Chateal and about 6 months of spotting, I switched back to Sprintec a week ago and no spotting yet! Also, while on Chateal I felt down a lot of the time and had pretty bad anxiety. I'd rather pay out of pocket for Sprintec than get Chateal for free. It kept me from getting pregnant though, so it works in that sense."

Stephii August 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first ever birth control, when I first started I had lots of cramping but nothing I wasn't used to before taking it. So I took some advil and continued using this birth control. Periods are a lot lighter, first one was really heavy, but second one was light and lasted only a couple days. Haven't had any other negative symptoms that are over the top or causing me stress or pain, overall I think its great and haven't gotten pregnant yet."

Pixellkittenn July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 2 years. My previous prescription made me VERY nauseous, so I was prescribed a less strong pill. Right away it made me very emotional (I am not an emotional person at all but that didn't bother me as much). A few months ago I realized how moody I was acting; I was sad & angry for no reason. So I decided to take a break & request a new prescription, however, I procrastinated for too long & needed the extra protection so I decided to give it another try. It's been maybe 3 months & I don't feel moody, but I get nauseous badly once a week for about 15 minutes & then it goes away but I do think it has a lot to do with starting over. It is very reliable. Contraceptive pills are different for everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on my second month of taking this pill and I'm really considering changing to another one. I'm usually not an emotional person, but after around 2 weeks in on the pills I just got super emotional to EVERYTHING. I could start crying while eating, talking, walking. Just anytime. And I can't even tell why I'm crying and being so emotional. And I just feel depressed all the time and the moodswings. And I get irritated super easily.. And also since I started taking them I'm so tired ALL the time, all my energy is gone and I just wanna sleep. I haven't noticed either more or less acne than before. I've gained weight around my hips and thighs. But other than that I'm not pregnant so that part of the pill works.."

AmaSwe July 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking it for 4 months, I take it at night around 10 and to be honest the only thing that bothers me is my boobs are sore and hurt all month long but I mean I can deal with it. Also it didn't help with my period cramps they are still very painful. but no acne or nauseous feelings"

Nonop (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 19 years old and this is the first experience I've had with birth control thus far. I just began this birth control about a week ago. I'm not sure how to rate this because I have nothing to compare it to but my experience has not been very good. The morning after the first day I took it I felt so nauseous. By 10am I had thrown up absolutely everything in my stomach. I feel nauseous after every meal now and also get mild headaches. I have to say my acne has cleared up a bit and I haven't had any other bad symptoms. I'll have to reevaluate after I have been on chateal for a while but as of right now it makes me feel very sick."

Anonymous_ June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on my 3rd pack of chateal and I just called my birth control provider to ask them if they could switch me to another pill. It's worked for me the last 3 months that I've been on it but with some side effects. Like really bad nausea, stomach pains, but the one that really bothered me was the acne. I usually have really clear skin and only get acne when I'm about to start my period but ever since I started taking these, I break out like crazy! I expect to see a new pimple right after taking a pill. They're always really bad ones too! Hopefully my next pill is better!"

Ellejayem June 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Chateal for almost 6 months and it's been pretty great. I've had no complications or side effects. I take it within a two hour frame every morning and my period comes on schedule every month. Other birth control I've taken gave me breakthrough bleeding for 2+ weeks but Chateal keeps me regular."

Seadem4567 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am about to start my third pack of Chateal. Background on me: I'm 27 years old, married, and have had one child (almost 6yo), no other pregnancies. Before I had my daughter I had a very regular cycle. For the past few years things have become very irregular. My Dr. Has run many tests and doesn't have an explanation for it, but decided to have me try b/c pills to regulate my cycle. The first month was not great. I spotted for 2+ weeks. No other symptoms to speak of. This past month I got my period 24 hours after taking my first green (placebo) pill. Had an average period in terms of length and flow. No spotting! So I think I've adjusted to it. Hoping this month goes smoothly as well."

Mom2lili June 5, 2017