User Reviews for Chateal

2.5

Premenstrual Syndrome

Summary of Chateal reviews 5.8 184 reviews

Reviews for Chateal

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on another brand of BC but I had a lot of issues with it and planned parenthood gave me a free years supply of Chateal so it was worth a try. I have had no issues— in fact it helped some issues I was having. I’ve had periods that lasted over 4 months in the past or horrible painful bleeding where I’d soak through my pants every 45 mins. I was also very irregular and had a lot of acne. After the first two months my periods are completely regular and do not last more than 5-7 days. Acne cleared up and I lost some weight. And no pregnancy so yay. Only thing is I was nauseous for the first 2-3 months or so and definitely more depressed than usual but I already have depression so there’s that. The pros outweigh the cons with this brand."

Krystie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on Chateal for almost 2 months now. I went to Planned Parenthood because I was having irregular bleeding as well as really bad acne which I never had before. They gave me a year supply of Chateal and as soon as I went home and saw the bad reviews I was really hesitant to start them. First few weeks I felt a little nauseous but nothing unbearable, a few headaches but they weren't totally painful and my acne cleared up. I was really happy that it seemed to agree with my body until I started to notice I was losing some hair. Now 2 months into it I feel like I've lost quite a lot of hair, there's no bald patches or anything but I used to have really thick hair and now my hair has really thinned out and strands are always coming out constantly. It's making me really insecure about something I never had a prob with. As much as I'd love to stay on Chateal I've made an appointment with my new dr to hopefully find something else."

S (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

"I was irregular with my period so I was put on chateal. It's my second month and everything has been going fine. I did experience nausea but nothing to extreme and I actually lost a little weight, but again nothing drastic. I was so scared to start because I saw so many bad reviews, but honestly its not too bad. I'm not sure if I got back acne from the pill but its going away now."

CCE November 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 3 weeks now... I haven’t had any problems except, more cramping then I would normally have, my cycle is due for next week, so basically lots of cramping a week before my cycle, hopefully this means I might not get a cycle or very light. Other than that, no other side affects and hope my skin clear up like everyone else’s reviews haha."

Alexx (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking Chateal since I was 18, it has never failed to do it's job. It prevents pregnancy alright, 5 years of being on it and I've never even had a scare. The only thing it did to me was that it gave me a few horrible migraines for the first three months of being on it. But then, once my body adjusted to it, I was fine. It hasn't bothered me since."

Ashhluvsu2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2018

For Birth Control "So it did its job in keeping me not pregnant, but I did notice some weight gain, and my reason for leaving this pill was huge: ZERO sex drive. I have never had a problem with this before, nor have I ever had a problem with self-lubrication, but almost immediately after starting this pill, my sex drive plummeted and I could net get wet during sex at all."

Meh (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for almost 3 weeks now, and so far it's been great! No side effects for me. At least nothing too serious. A week and a half into taking the pills, my breasts were tender, swollen, and a little painful to touch. It went away a week later though, and now I'm totally fine. No weight gain, although that wouldn't be such a terrible thing for me. No mood swings/changes. Everything's going well so far! Give it a try!"

Megan October 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Only reason I gave it a two star is because its effective at doing its job, though it probably doesn't matter because I took plan b quite a few times since this bc made me throw up so often, nearly every morning I took it, sometimes at night as well since I took it at 9 pm. Also gave me MORE acne and I bled for nearly 3 weeks after starting it, though it may be because I was switching to chateal from the depo shot. I switched off of depo shot because I gained 30 pounds and was extremely moody but with this bc I am always having head aches, feeling nauseous, throwing up."

Kee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Only got this birth control because it was cost effective. Only 2 benefits were that I didn’t get pregnant and it reallllyyyy lightened & shortened my period. But besides that, I’ve gotten horrible anxiety, I cried at random times, I was always so irritable and sometimes even mean. I was only on it for 5 months before I finally stopped. I’m feeling so much better now and I so far don’t feel miserable like I did on that birth control."

Ann (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I have ever used. I am a college student and I wanted something cost effective. I have been on this pill for about 2 years now. I take it every single day around the same time. I have experienced no side effects. I did not gain weight, in fact, I have lost weight over the years but that is due to a change in my eating habits. I do not get mood swings nor have I ever. My skin is great. I have yet to get pregnant. I remember I stopped taking the pills for like 2 weeks once because I wanted to stop and that is when I noticed some side effects. When I stopped taking the pill or when I was careless about it, I noticed dark vaginal discharge and my skin broke out. If you take this pill consistently then all will be fine."

J (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Works great for preventing pregnancy. Cleared up my skin. Gained a little weight. Crazy irritable and emotional a couple days before my period with a few breakouts and constipation. Haven't had any luck with skipping my period--always breaks through some how. SO I'm switching but its been pretty good so far anyways."

hbear (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Gave this an 7/10 because I’ve been on it for 3 years and haven’t gotten pregnant (yay!) BUT I recently found out this birth control has been suppressing my hormones. My hormone levels are at 1.4 and they should be at a 2.5 and above. My doctor told me birth control is supposed to regulate your hormones NOT suppress them. Also, my sex drive is nowhere to be found."

Anon (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Chantal for about 4 months now. I switch to the pill after having the most horrifying experience with the Nexplanon implant. So far I have to admit I have experienced some of the side effects: Light nausea, abdominal discomfort, and a bit of mood swings. I wouldn't entirely rule it out since it's been okay on my body. The ideal wait time to see if your body adjusted is 6 months. We will see."

Cin July 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I took it same time everyday. I had bad mood swings but worst of all I got preggo."

Mil (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Chateal for seven days and I decided to stop. I chose to give this a try although I read all the mixed reviews. The first two days started off great, no side effects except for breast tenderness. The third day came and I began vomiting periodically, stomach pains, loss of appetite and I lost my sex drive (bonus for me, negative for husband lol). It is cost effective, I noticed that my acne had reduced significantly, but the toll it takes on the body is not worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Everything was okay the first few weeks I started to take them. I was taking them the same time everyday and never missed a pill. After my first period came I started to notice my mood swings one minute I was okay the next I wanted to yell at someone and I just thought it was because I just started taking the pills. A week after that I would wake up in the middle of each night and throw up, the next day being so depressed I didn't even wanna move I tried to continue to take them but couldn't due to the side affects I was having everyday the worst bc I ever took"

Riahhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I am naturally tall and slender and have a very athletic build. At first this birth control Chateal was great for me, after about a month of adjustment. Periods are light and easy to schedule or skip. I experienced no weight gain. It has now been 11 months and having some unpleasant side effects. Mood swings, depression and fatigue, and like most women said, COMPLETE loss of sex drive. This has been the biggest problem for me, as I am in a great relationship and it is coming between us. I will have to find something that is better suited to my hormones."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I just recently moved was not able to get back home to see my doctor for a visitation for my birthcontrol renewal, so I went to Planned Parenthood to get my birth control they gave me chateal instead of my usual. Chateal has been so hard on my body, I have diarrhea, headaches, dizziness and loss of appetite. I took it only five days before stopping. I'm happy I did because also in that week when I stopped it was my boyfriend and my two year anniversary. We went to one of our favorite places for dinner and that night he proposed to me! I said yes. I'm happy I stopped taking Chateal because if I still had that bad side effect of diarrhea this special night could've been ruined."

Sillyraccoongirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started this to treat abnormal, irregular periods. I can say it treated that perfectly. No irregular nor painful periods ever since I started it. I used to also break out super hard before my period and that was also cleared up. I might get one small zit a month now. However, I cannot take this medication anymore. It has an incredibly strong effect on my mood, it makes me nauseous, and my appetite for both food and sex is nearly zero. I want to like this birth control. I've been on it for more than four months now, but it is not for me. I cannot handle how it affects my stomach and my mood. I won't say it's terrible, though, because it DOES do what it's meant to do. My periods are incredibly light and regular. Comes right on the second day of the last week and lasts only about three or four days. I recommend at least trying it. It is effective. Just keep a journal for your moods and sex drive."

Natali (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this same birth control for 6 years. I HAVEN’T had any unwanted weight gain, no cramps, I do have an AWESOME regulated period, and FINALLY my acne has been gone for about 8 months now, and I struggled hard core with deep cystic acne, and I’m only left with scars. (Thank you!!!!) I don’t have any issues with depression or any signs like that. I do normally have some anxiety but it hasn’t got worse from taking the pill. There is one thing that I struggle with on a day to day basis. I have been with the same partner for 4 years, and while we have ALWAYS had a great sex life (no problems with orgasms), I just have an extremely low sex drive and I believe this birth control has caused that. It feels like it’s only getting worse. I hope my review helps you. It’s great because NO PREGNANCY, but everyone’s side effects will be different."

Jorrrrr (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "SEVERE pain when menstruating First month I went from 118lbs to 102lbs. Not normal. I got no acne whatsoever but my skin just looked tired and dull. I lost my appetite and had no sex drive at all and was so hard to orgasm. I was jealous and super anxious, depressed and moody. I also got two ear infections in the same month and popped eardrum, which I’ve never had ear infections before, yeast infection, recurring sinus infection. Then about 5 months in I had extreme pain in one side and bleeding and nausea I thought I was having a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. All scans came out normal. Migraines with flashing lights. Depression. This pill did NOT work for me. I stopped it and felt better literally two days later I feel back to myself, I gained some weight that I needed and my skin looks way better. Going to try yaz. Good luck ladies"

bbmar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I got on this birth control almost a year ago. Before that I was not on any birth control me and my boyfriend would use condoms we had sex a lot it was never painful - just fine. I switched to this and I have not been able to get in”the mood” for almost that long and it also is very very painful to have sex it’s been about 6 months because it is that painful."

Anonymous February 16, 2018

For Premenstrual Syndrome "This wrecked my mood completely. I had the worst PMS I've had since I started my period. It is overall awful!"

Livchav February 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this birth control for 4 years and I have had NO SIDE EFFECTS. I love this pill because it makes me feel totally normal. I have a feeling my periods and acne would be worse if I was not on this pill. Sometimes I’m tempted to switch to a method that I don’t have to take every day but I’m worried I won’t strike gold again."

AuntyI February 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I was initially prescribed Chateal in August of 2016 and began experiencing intense mood swings after severally months’ use. I am a very emotionally stable person normally, so after journaling the effects and doing some research I decided that this was not normal and stopped taking it. I felt better right away. After starting a new relationship, I started taking Chateal again in October of 2017 hoping that this time it would be different...it wasn’t. About two months in I began feeling depressed and experiencing deep-in-the-pit-of-my-stomach anxiety. I would go from a happy mood to a depressed mood and back again in the matter of minutes, even waking up in the middle of the night with anxiety. I experienced terrible insomnia, irritability, loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting. After reading reviews I am happy to know that I am not as crazy as I feel and that other people have dealt with the same things, so hopefully this review can help someone else!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2018