User Reviews for Chateal

2.5
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Chateal reviews 115 reviews 4.1

Reviews for Chateal

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for some time now, the first time I took it it cleared my acne, no weight gain except in my boobs went from a B to a C. Got off of it simply bc I ran out. Back on it now. Some days I get nausea in the morning...some days I can be moody and this time I have been breaking out like crazy. Been on it for 2 months now since the last time... will give it a few months to see if everything gets better."

Anonnnnn1234564 February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I switched from the implant on my arm after having it for roughly two years. I decided to get on Chateal because my periods had begun to become irregular with the implant. My hair STARTED FALLNG OUT - kid you not with in the first month. During the two years of using the implant my hair was normal and full of volume. I stopped taking the pill four months after starting and my hair has not gone back to normal. Do not recommend this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for about 2 & 1/2 years now! I love it! My periods have lighten tremendously and Chateal has cut the amount of time that I'm on my period in half! Everyone's body reacts different but for me, the only side effects have been positive!!"

Lauren0903 February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "DO NOT EVER TAKE THIS MEDICATION! I've been on this for two weeks & its been two weeks of HELL! My anxiety is through the roof, I'm overly emotional & cry all the time. (No suicidal thoughts though) This pill will make you feel like you have food poisoning or the stomach flu or something. I have headaches, dizziness, an indigestion/heartburn type feeling -- I just have this bizarre feeling near my upper stomach/diaphragm, I can't even describe it. I'm constantly gassy whether its through burping or passing gas, stomach cramps & pain, back pain down in & near my pelvis, pain in my lower right abdomen. No appetite. The side effects are worse when I'm at work which makes it very hard to stay at work. Wicked nausea!"

M0213 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on chateal for around 6 months now, I was originally taking lzya which wasn't working out for me with abnormal bleeding, but since taking chateal I've had no issues. I think it's very effective as a birth control, no weight gain, I don't think it's effected my mood at all either, sex drive is fine, and Its even pretty good with controlling acne, I'm pretty happy with it and like it a lot more than what I was taking before"

Silh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Can't recommend. The mood swings and fatigue were nothing compared to the violent nausea I experienced when taking this pill. I actually mistook the symptoms for food poisoning for the first couple days I was taking it. I figured my body would adjust eventually, but after a couple weeks I couldn't handle it anymore. The sickness subsided immediately when I stopped taking this pill. Estrogen can irritate the stomach, so it might just be that I'm particularly sensitive. I'm now taking a progesterone-only pill and so far no upset tummy. :)"

Terrygee February 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was on chateal for about two years until I moved to a different state that didn't carry it. The best thing about was it cleared my skin completely! I wouldn't even wash my face for days and I still never got a pimple (I'm definitely prone to acne). However it did lower my sex drive and make me extremely apathetic. The week before my period I always got aggravated easily too which was odd cause I'm a very mellow person. No weight gain though! The first month it did make me a little emotional but after that I really didn't have any emotions (which was the problem). However I really do miss this medication. Now I constantly have acne and the pill I'm on now makes me spot. Definitely recommend chateal though."

Mouse53 February 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on these pills for two months and I'm on my third pack at the moment. First month, I noticed some breast tenderness from week 2 and I was excessively hungry all the time. I was a bit cranky during week 2+3 with week 4 being incredibly emotional to everything around me. My period was off by 4 days the first month. It came before I even finish my 3rd week of pills. Second month, no more breast tenderness, not moody nor hungry all the time. I developed a craving for sweet regardless. It seemed to be somewhat normal again. I had light spotting after 4 days on the placebo pills. I'm now on the first week of my third pack and still spotting (8 days so far ). Will update again next month"

AVN1904 February 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Premenstrual Syndrome "When I first took these I had no problems I ran out and switched back to microgestrin once I ran out of those I started back taking chateal let's just say it's horrible I got them December 19 2016 and started having this sticky white discharge then came the spotting I have not stopped spotting g since then it's now February I went from a 38 D bra to a 40 double D all my clothes are to small because my hips and butt is getting so big my once flat stomach is even getting a pouch I didn't get acne because I don't have acne prone skin but my sex drive does not exist I've had vaginal dryness and I feel very aggressive and irritated quickly I'm not sexually active right now so I think I'll cool it on the pills my blood pressure even went up"

Karla jay February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Lately I've been feeling "off", I feel moody and sometimes want to cry for no reason. I recently felt super nauseous, dizzy and felt like I was going to faint while driving but for no apparent reason. I went to the doctor and everything was fine. I went to the optometrist and everything with my eyes was fine. I've had panic attacks, severe anxiety, a feeling of "blah", headaches and dizziness plus all around weirdness and I believe its from these pills. I was on a different birth control a while ago and I got weird symptoms from it too. I'm going to change my pill and see if that does the trick. Plus I've gained SO MUCH WEIGHT from this pill."

AriP January 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Was on chateal for around 3 years. Everything started off fine, my acne cleared up, my periods were lightened and I never got pregnant. Around the end of the 3rd year however, things started to go down hill. My mental health was unstable (even my boyfriend noticed a dramatic change) and my sex drive seemed to diminish. I never felt like I gained a bunch of weight though and that made me happy and so I never really felt the need to change my bc. Just recently I started getting my bc through Walgreens and for some reason they prescribed me Levora. Since I switched I feel like my old self (even my boyfriend noticed the change again) so I'm really happy I was basically forced to switch bc pills. Chateal is not my favorite!!!"

TaraChism January 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This birth control was great for me. I went from an a cup to a d cup on it though. No weight gain etc. It was pretty easy on my emotions and I wish I could find it again now."

Tegan embry January 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "As a birth control, this worked good. It did not cause me to gain weight and it helped my acne. But I had TERRIBLE mood swings. I cried a lot and the smallest of things would make me angry. This was my first time being on birth control, so I had no idea that it could have such an effective on my mood/personality. It honestly made me a different person. So I switched to Lomedia and finally felt like myself again!"

AR27 January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This is my first time taking birth control pills and so far LOVE it! I had an IUD put in last year and had it taken out within 2 months because I was consistently bleeding, got a rash all over my body and I had horrible cramping, but so far I haven't had any side effects with Chateal, yet. I read about this birth control before I took it and I was so afraid to even try it out, but I did and so far so good, everyone's bodies are different so don't be afraid to try it! I even asked my husband to help me track of any side effects that he may notice especially mood swings but he hasn't noticed anything either. I will update this review if I start to experience any side effects."

Jasmine08 January 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This is my 4th month on chateal and I have started to notice severe depression setting in. The first 3 month I felt fine but now I feel sad all the time. I'm going to stop taking the pill and see if it is chateal or just me. Plus side to this pill for me was, no weight gain, lighter/shorter periods, did not cause breakouts, no pregnancy."

Krjjmj January 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control, I'm 18 years old and I've had it for about three months and it's not very long but I've had a lot of side effects.. I'm very emotional and normally it takes a lot to make me break into tears, now I cry for everything. The worst side effect I've gotten is the pains, I get really sharp pains on my sides around my hip bones or right above my uterus and it's not cramps they come out of no where and they are so painful I can't move. While my body is still adjusting I still am not on the colored pills during my period I get my period about mid color then once I'm on the white normal pill my period stops which in my opinion is great because for 7 years I was used to a whole 7 day period now it's about 4"

Julesssssss (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this brand for a few months now and I am very happy with it. In the first month I did realize a bit more acne than usual, though this may have been due to stress as well. In the later months, acne was not a problem. I was slightly more emotional during the placebo weeks, but nothing too out of control. I found that my cramps were virtually disappearing with less and less pain each month. Good reviews aren't written that often. I recommend this brand if you are not easily prone to oily skin and break outs. Oh! And no weight gain!"

Winkler1654 December 22, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This pill did clear my acne, but it took about six months. It gives me this weird feeling like I am about to burst out in tears, but I do not because there is nothing to be upset about when I think about it. I was in a negative mental rut today, and I think it was due to this pill. No weight gain, and I hope the mood swings are not as bad as I am naturally already a moody person. Very effective in preventing pregnancy. I stopped it a year ago for a more natural method of B.C., but resumed taking it because my acne came back."

dox2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I had been on the pill for many years. When my doctor changed my RX to chateal, it was as effective. It really did help me by completely clearing my acne, this takes about 6 months though. I did not gain extra weight, or develop any emotional health issues. I stopped taking it bc I started using a more natural method of birth control, but started to take it bc I hate that my acne came back at age 28. I really hope symptoms like depression, or weight gain do not begin to affect me as I am older now. I'm also naturally moody, so this may worsen things. I was in a negative mental rut today. Also I hope this doesn't push me over the edge, as I believe I am depressed. Hopefully it'll be just like when I was younger."

Selile9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I started this pill reluctantly after having read all the horrible reviews, but I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. It was my first time ever taking the pill, and I noticed a few changes in the beginning while my body adjusted, but nothing drastic. I did tell my boyfriend to keep an eye out for the side effects and that helped me mentally prepare for them. Over time, my periods got lighter and shorter. The first couple months, I noticed I was more emotional on the week of the placebo pills, but who isn't when they're on their period. No acne. Good sex drive. I've been on it for over a year now and I love it. Just take it everyday and remember that people who have good experiences, usually don't take time to write a review."

drzlala (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Been on Chateal for about a month now. Tried Depo previously, which was terrible. I bled for 6 months straight, my face broke out terribly and my sex drive was in the gutter. So far, the only thing I notice with this pill is that my cramps during the placebo week are WAAAAY worse than my cramps prior to taking chateal. And my sex drive went down a bit but not too bad. Also, breakthrough bleeding since I started taking it but I'm giving it a 3 month window to see improvement with that to see how my body adjusts to the hormones. Prior to taking chateal, I had a "luxury" period. About 4 days, barely any cramps or mood changes. Just a bit of nausea. I hope that doesn't change drastically."

chirese (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for a month, I've never had acne before and now I do, I get really depressed and have breakdowns, I've been spotting for almost two weeks, and I've put on weight that is hard to lose!!!! I have stomach cramps every few days and sometimes really bad migraines, I hate these pills!!"

Anonymous 26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I took chateal for 3 months, I was depressed, got nauseous every day, get horrible headaches, gained 20 pounds, got horrible acne, had the worst cramps, lost my sex drive. Stopped taking them 3 weeks ago, my acne is clearing up, my headaches are gone, my sex drive is back but I have been bleeding since I stopped taking them."

Endonnis November 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "The reviews online are correct. I got this form of birth control after explicitly telling my doctor I wanted to reduce breakouts, and she said this would help. I was excited. Went home and decided to read some reviews online. All horrible, especially regarding acne. I decided to give it a go anyway, hoping that only those with negative experiences reviewed the medication. After giving it my best shot I have given up. Nausea, headaches, and ACNE. The explicit thing the doctor said would improve (I actually have nice skin off birth control, except around that time of the month). Not only do the personal reviews often say this causes breakouts, the side effects of the medication literally says acne vulgaris is a possible side effect. HORRIBLE"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I'm 18 yrs old and I started taking this after the first time I had sex, overall this proscription has proven to be so accurate but I am very big on taking it every day at almost the exact same time(30 mins off but never more than that) And I did notice when I first got on it my sex drive went down and I had been really moody. Things that wouldn't normally get to me did but not 6 months in everything is getting regular. Very, very effective!"

B 808 November 8, 2016