User Reviews for Chateal

Endometriosis 2 reviews 167 medications

2.5
Summary of Chateal reviews 125 reviews 4.9

Reviews for Chateal

For Birth Control "I have been taking this for about 6 or 7 months now and I don't think I will continue after I finish this pack. At first I would get very very nauseous at night before bed, making it a little difficult to fall asleep. My emotions are all over the place. I am super sensitive to everything, very easily irritated and oh my god I cry so much. I cry A LOT. I mean, I cry during commercials, those facebook videos about good samaritans or sick kids, during movies, or if someone says anything even just slightly mean to me. Sometimes, I cry for no reason at all. In fact, I'm crying right now as I'm writing this, and have been crying for the past 3 hours and I can't pin point exactly why. On the bright side, I am not pregnant, so it does do its job"

21 and Emotional (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been on birth control for 16 years now, Chateal for the past 6 months. This is the first pill that has actually lessened my bleeding and period pain. I have always had excessive bleeding and cramps (to the point I couldn't leave the house), this pill has changed all of that! I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, since taking this pill I have actually been able to lose 10 pounds. I would have given it 10/10 but I have been super emotional and cry a bit more than usual (commercials are the worst). No acne, no weight gain, no excessive bleeding, no cramps, no hair loss (as many reported), and the big one: I'm not pregnant!"

GypsyRainn (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am starting it tomorrow and I am really growing increasingly nervous by every review I read. I know that every body is different but some symptoms freak me out. I have never had any health problems or sensitivities whatsoever, I don't get nauseous easily so I guess those won't apply to me. I hope it will be worth it. Btw, as a friendly advice, try not to read up everything the internet says because you can't know for sure how your body will react to the drug so the only way to surely find out is by simply trying it."

LauraKvhj April 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Before I started it, I was MORTIFIED of it based on all these terrible reviews. Within 2-3 weeks women were complaining about hair falling out, suicidal, nausea, mood swings, heavy bleeding and so forth and so forth. I'm going on 7 weeks and haven't had not one of those symptoms with a slight exception of the nausea. I get nauseous probably once every few days. Sensation last for about a minute and it's gone. I can't even pinpoint the BC is the culprit. My experience with Chateal has been a breeze so far, and I hope it stays that way. So don't let these negative reviews steer you the wrong way. Everyone is different and it clearly works great for many, not all but many. Most importantly I'M NOT PREGNANT!!!!"

ReenaJo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm unsure of how I feel about this birth control. I'm on my second pack so far and if you read the reviews a lot of girls said they were nauseous. Well that is accurate because I'm super nauseous very frequently. Andddddd I'm unsure if it's from the birth control but my hair is falling from my head and everything was normal until I started these pills. I honestly wouldn't recommend it birth control is tricky it's hit or miss and although I haven't gotten prego so far I felt like I was with the nausea and I have thrown up so I'm going to give give thumbs down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about a year now. I'm 18 years old and this was the first birth control I've ever been on. At first I thought it was great no problems at all my periods were only 4 days. Everything was good. I'd say about the third month I started getting all these symptoms. I'll wake up with extreme nausea and have to throw up I had sharp pains in my stomach. I get very emotional and want to cry all the time for no reason I do have mood swings mostly when I'm about to start my period which is pretty normal. But just recently like the last few months I've been feeling very depressed and sad for no reason. Everyone's body is different and this is just what happened to me, just wanted to share."

Rebecaaaaaa March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 3 years now. It's the only one I have been on but I have never had bad side effects. My periods last about 4 days, 2 days of heavyish bleeding and 2 days of spotting. No pregnancy yet so it is definitely doing its job."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I used chateal for almost 3 years. Worked really well for me until recently when I had spotting for like 7 weeks. Then I switched to tarina. Still would recommend chateal it worked great for me for so long."

Melszidbooboo March 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started this birth control a year ago, and for around 9 months, everything was fine. I was emotionally stable, there wasn't any significant weight gain, and my periods were super predictable and manageable. I ran out around the end of November, and I elected to take a break from the pills & didn't refill. When my period came in December, PMS hit me like a freight train. It was awful, so I reordered & everything was totally different the second time around. I don't know whether the formula changed at some point, or if something changed with my body, but I've had prolonged vaginal bleeding & have been experiencing crippling depression and anxiety. I stopped taking the pills last week & everything is 100% better."

PeaceLoveAbby12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am going into the second week of taking birth control. I was super stoked for it not going to lie but after all these symptoms |'m having, I'm not so sure anymore. I know everyones body is different but if you are anywhere as near as sensitive as I am, I wouldn't recommend taking it. Within the first week I had woken up with extreme nausea and eventually vomited. With that occurrence I had automatically thought the pill didn't work and I was pregnant, but I did take a test and so far so good. Anyways, I am now starting to get period type symptoms of tender breasts and cramps which those are easy for me to look passed and not worry to much about. However, not too long ago I woke up and felt almost empty, sad and depressed"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for some time now, the first time I took it it cleared my acne, no weight gain except in my boobs went from a B to a C. Got off of it simply bc I ran out. Back on it now. Some days I get nausea in the morning...some days I can be moody and this time I have been breaking out like crazy. Been on it for 2 months now since the last time... will give it a few months to see if everything gets better."

Anonnnnn1234564 February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I switched from the implant on my arm after having it for roughly two years. I decided to get on Chateal because my periods had begun to become irregular with the implant. My hair STARTED FALLNG OUT - kid you not with in the first month. During the two years of using the implant my hair was normal and full of volume. I stopped taking the pill four months after starting and my hair has not gone back to normal. Do not recommend this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for about 2 & 1/2 years now! I love it! My periods have lighten tremendously and Chateal has cut the amount of time that I'm on my period in half! Everyone's body reacts different but for me, the only side effects have been positive!!"

Lauren0903 February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "DO NOT EVER TAKE THIS MEDICATION! I've been on this for two weeks & its been two weeks of HELL! My anxiety is through the roof, I'm overly emotional & cry all the time. (No suicidal thoughts though) This pill will make you feel like you have food poisoning or the stomach flu or something. I have headaches, dizziness, an indigestion/heartburn type feeling -- I just have this bizarre feeling near my upper stomach/diaphragm, I can't even describe it. I'm constantly gassy whether its through burping or passing gas, stomach cramps & pain, back pain down in & near my pelvis, pain in my lower right abdomen. No appetite. The side effects are worse when I'm at work which makes it very hard to stay at work. Wicked nausea!"

M0213 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on chateal for around 6 months now, I was originally taking lzya which wasn't working out for me with abnormal bleeding, but since taking chateal I've had no issues. I think it's very effective as a birth control, no weight gain, I don't think it's effected my mood at all either, sex drive is fine, and Its even pretty good with controlling acne, I'm pretty happy with it and like it a lot more than what I was taking before"

Silh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Can't recommend. The mood swings and fatigue were nothing compared to the violent nausea I experienced when taking this pill. I actually mistook the symptoms for food poisoning for the first couple days I was taking it. I figured my body would adjust eventually, but after a couple weeks I couldn't handle it anymore. The sickness subsided immediately when I stopped taking this pill. Estrogen can irritate the stomach, so it might just be that I'm particularly sensitive. I'm now taking a progesterone-only pill and so far no upset tummy. :)"

Terrygee February 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on chateal for about two years until I moved to a different state that didn't carry it. The best thing about was it cleared my skin completely! I wouldn't even wash my face for days and I still never got a pimple (I'm definitely prone to acne). However it did lower my sex drive and make me extremely apathetic. The week before my period I always got aggravated easily too which was odd cause I'm a very mellow person. No weight gain though! The first month it did make me a little emotional but after that I really didn't have any emotions (which was the problem). However I really do miss this medication. Now I constantly have acne and the pill I'm on now makes me spot. Definitely recommend chateal though."

Mouse53 February 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on these pills for two months and I'm on my third pack at the moment. First month, I noticed some breast tenderness from week 2 and I was excessively hungry all the time. I was a bit cranky during week 2+3 with week 4 being incredibly emotional to everything around me. My period was off by 4 days the first month. It came before I even finish my 3rd week of pills. Second month, no more breast tenderness, not moody nor hungry all the time. I developed a craving for sweet regardless. It seemed to be somewhat normal again. I had light spotting after 4 days on the placebo pills. I'm now on the first week of my third pack and still spotting (8 days so far ). Will update again next month"

AVN1904 February 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Premenstrual Syndrome "When I first took these I had no problems I ran out and switched back to microgestrin once I ran out of those I started back taking chateal let's just say it's horrible I got them December 19 2016 and started having this sticky white discharge then came the spotting I have not stopped spotting g since then it's now February I went from a 38 D bra to a 40 double D all my clothes are to small because my hips and butt is getting so big my once flat stomach is even getting a pouch I didn't get acne because I don't have acne prone skin but my sex drive does not exist I've had vaginal dryness and I feel very aggressive and irritated quickly I'm not sexually active right now so I think I'll cool it on the pills my blood pressure even went up"

Karla jay February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Lately I've been feeling "off", I feel moody and sometimes want to cry for no reason. I recently felt super nauseous, dizzy and felt like I was going to faint while driving but for no apparent reason. I went to the doctor and everything was fine. I went to the optometrist and everything with my eyes was fine. I've had panic attacks, severe anxiety, a feeling of "blah", headaches and dizziness plus all around weirdness and I believe its from these pills. I was on a different birth control a while ago and I got weird symptoms from it too. I'm going to change my pill and see if that does the trick. Plus I've gained SO MUCH WEIGHT from this pill."

AriP January 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Was on chateal for around 3 years. Everything started off fine, my acne cleared up, my periods were lightened and I never got pregnant. Around the end of the 3rd year however, things started to go down hill. My mental health was unstable (even my boyfriend noticed a dramatic change) and my sex drive seemed to diminish. I never felt like I gained a bunch of weight though and that made me happy and so I never really felt the need to change my bc. Just recently I started getting my bc through Walgreens and for some reason they prescribed me Levora. Since I switched I feel like my old self (even my boyfriend noticed the change again) so I'm really happy I was basically forced to switch bc pills. Chateal is not my favorite!!!"

TaraChism January 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This birth control was great for me. I went from an a cup to a d cup on it though. No weight gain etc. It was pretty easy on my emotions and I wish I could find it again now."

Tegan embry January 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "As a birth control, this worked good. It did not cause me to gain weight and it helped my acne. But I had TERRIBLE mood swings. I cried a lot and the smallest of things would make me angry. This was my first time being on birth control, so I had no idea that it could have such an effective on my mood/personality. It honestly made me a different person. So I switched to Lomedia and finally felt like myself again!"

AR27 January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my first time taking birth control pills and so far LOVE it! I had an IUD put in last year and had it taken out within 2 months because I was consistently bleeding, got a rash all over my body and I had horrible cramping, but so far I haven't had any side effects with Chateal, yet. I read about this birth control before I took it and I was so afraid to even try it out, but I did and so far so good, everyone's bodies are different so don't be afraid to try it! I even asked my husband to help me track of any side effects that he may notice especially mood swings but he hasn't noticed anything either. I will update this review if I start to experience any side effects."

Jasmine08 January 13, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my 4th month on chateal and I have started to notice severe depression setting in. The first 3 month I felt fine but now I feel sad all the time. I'm going to stop taking the pill and see if it is chateal or just me. Plus side to this pill for me was, no weight gain, lighter/shorter periods, did not cause breakouts, no pregnancy."

Krjjmj January 4, 2017