User Reviews for Chateal

2.3

Premenstrual Syndrome

Summary of Chateal reviews 5.7 193 reviews

Reviews for Chateal

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this medication shortly after my abortion (sadly). Normally in the past I don't have major side effects of birth control but Chateal birth control I did. First off, this birth control gives you the same exact symptoms of pregnancy. Back aches, acne, nausea, fatigue, etc. I have been on this birth control for about 3 weeks now and I had to QUIT. Please do not take this birth control. I have HORRIBLE nausea that lasts me all throughout the day it is horrible. Also, my back aches are really bad as well. I had to take a pregnancy test. The acne I got from this was horrifying. Usually I have pretty nice skin and I RARELY get acne but this made me breakout on my whole face :( all together this is not worth taking I would DEFINITELY use condoms over this. Also, this medication causes me SEVERE anxiety as well and headaches! Please do not take this medication."

Anonymous April 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Chateal for 3 plus years, and so far I’ve been happy with it. It sucks for those who had the really bad side effects withChateal. I mean we all have different body types and we’re gonna experience it differently. So far, from what I experienced was the constant headaches I get before I get my period and the cramping. I’ve never had cramps before I started using birth control but I can live with the minor problems. I had regular periods that last up for 4-7 days, never had irregular spotting/periods or tenderness on my breasts and my emotions weren’t affected. Besides that, it’s been so effective for me, and it has been doing it’s job so I’m going to continue with Chateal.(:"

Sharebear (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on chateal for almost 3 years. I’ve read all these reviews and see that everyone hates it the first couple of months and gets off chateal. Well, I hated it too the first 6 months. It gave me the worst headaches, back aches, and my boobs were sore. Also I would get horrible chest pain . However, after those 6 months I was fine. I never experienced any break thru bleeding. I always get my period when I’m supposed to and it lasts 4-7 days. I think this is a great birth control because my partner and I don’t use condoms and I’ve never had a pregnancy scare. I like it."

Anonymous March 19, 2019

For Endometriosis "On Chateal for endometriosis and my sex drive disappeared, my acne EXPLODED, and I normally have clear skin, I have diarrhea, all the time, every day and my boobs are constantly sore. Not pregnant, but I'm only on month two. I want to change but Planned Parenthood in my state doesn't offer free or cost effective appointments so I'll be trapped taking this for a while."

Claire (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Chateal for about 2 months and the first month wasn't too troubling until I hit the second month and I developed a lot of emotional and mental instabilities that I've never had before, I came across suicidal thoughts and my sex drive was pretty much non existent which has never been a problem before (hence the bc). I got off of it after a week of a mental break down and I started feeling much better and myself again but I had HORRIBLE intense period cramps immediately after, I personally did not like this birth control "

miss sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Chateal about a month and a half ago. The first month was fine and I thought I found a BC with no side effects. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for the second month. Around my 5th week I started to get bad headaches and wasn’t sure where it was coming from until I read the reviews. My other side effect was irregular bleeding. My period ended between 4-5 days and then about 4 days after it ended I started bleeding again. It wasn’t heavy and it wasn’t deep red however it did have a “scent” that isn’t normal for me or my periods. I’m trying not to stop because of course, I don’t want to get pregnant but my side effects are embarrassing and uncomfortable. Seeing now that a lot of women lost their sex drive is really making me what to stop this medication tomorrow. Hopefully your experience is different."

Niki (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

For Birth Control "The first month of taking it, it had my emotions all out of whack. There was definitely a decrease in my sex drive. I didn't see a difference in my weight or acne. Those stayed about the same. My period cramps are much worse. But overall the pill did prevent me from getting pregnant."

Becky (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

For Birth Control "Honestly, this birth control took me months to get adjusted to, but a year in and it works fine! It doesn’t help with my acne, but my boobs did get bigger and I only gained a pound or two (although that could be from my bad eating out habits lol) Also, it’s super effective. We are not using any other form of contraception and I’m not pregnant!!!"

Not Pregnant (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on Chateal for around 4 months and have been having a terrible experience. Not until I had read some of these other reviews today did I realize that my horrible mood swings, depression, and anxiety were completely exacerbated by Chateal. I honestly thought I was losing my mind and have had some suicidal thoughts from time to time. I'm a college student and these emotional episodes are taking a huge toll on my academic life. In addition, I have gained a significant amount of weight and feel bloated a good amount of the time, and also I'm always breaking out with acne on my face, back, and arms. I'm so glad that I was able to see some of these reviews which validated what I was going through. I'm going to stop taking Chateal today!!!"

Fdup (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on another brand of BC but I had a lot of issues with it and planned parenthood gave me a free years supply of Chateal so it was worth a try. I have had no issues— in fact it helped some issues I was having. I’ve had periods that lasted over 4 months in the past or horrible painful bleeding where I’d soak through my pants every 45 mins. I was also very irregular and had a lot of acne. After the first two months my periods are completely regular and do not last more than 5-7 days. Acne cleared up and I lost some weight. And no pregnancy so yay. Only thing is I was nauseous for the first 2-3 months or so and definitely more depressed than usual but I already have depression so there’s that. The pros outweigh the cons with this brand."

Krystie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on Chateal for almost 2 months now. I went to Planned Parenthood because I was having irregular bleeding as well as really bad acne which I never had before. They gave me a year supply of Chateal and as soon as I went home and saw the bad reviews I was really hesitant to start them. First few weeks I felt a little nauseous but nothing unbearable, a few headaches but they weren't totally painful and my acne cleared up. I was really happy that it seemed to agree with my body until I started to notice I was losing some hair. Now 2 months into it I feel like I've lost quite a lot of hair, there's no bald patches or anything but I used to have really thick hair and now my hair has really thinned out and strands are always coming out constantly. It's making me really insecure about something I never had a prob with. As much as I'd love to stay on Chateal I've made an appointment with my new dr to hopefully find something else."

S (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

"I was irregular with my period so I was put on chateal. It's my second month and everything has been going fine. I did experience nausea but nothing to extreme and I actually lost a little weight, but again nothing drastic. I was so scared to start because I saw so many bad reviews, but honestly its not too bad. I'm not sure if I got back acne from the pill but its going away now."

CCE November 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 3 weeks now... I haven’t had any problems except, more cramping then I would normally have, my cycle is due for next week, so basically lots of cramping a week before my cycle, hopefully this means I might not get a cycle or very light. Other than that, no other side affects and hope my skin clear up like everyone else’s reviews haha."

Alexx (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking Chateal since I was 18, it has never failed to do it's job. It prevents pregnancy alright, 5 years of being on it and I've never even had a scare. The only thing it did to me was that it gave me a few horrible migraines for the first three months of being on it. But then, once my body adjusted to it, I was fine. It hasn't bothered me since."

Ashhluvsu2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2018

For Birth Control "So it did its job in keeping me not pregnant, but I did notice some weight gain, and my reason for leaving this pill was huge: ZERO sex drive. I have never had a problem with this before, nor have I ever had a problem with self-lubrication, but almost immediately after starting this pill, my sex drive plummeted and I could net get wet during sex at all."

Meh (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for almost 3 weeks now, and so far it's been great! No side effects for me. At least nothing too serious. A week and a half into taking the pills, my breasts were tender, swollen, and a little painful to touch. It went away a week later though, and now I'm totally fine. No weight gain, although that wouldn't be such a terrible thing for me. No mood swings/changes. Everything's going well so far! Give it a try!"

Megan October 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Only reason I gave it a two star is because its effective at doing its job, though it probably doesn't matter because I took plan b quite a few times since this bc made me throw up so often, nearly every morning I took it, sometimes at night as well since I took it at 9 pm. Also gave me MORE acne and I bled for nearly 3 weeks after starting it, though it may be because I was switching to chateal from the depo shot. I switched off of depo shot because I gained 30 pounds and was extremely moody but with this bc I am always having head aches, feeling nauseous, throwing up."

Kee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Only got this birth control because it was cost effective. Only 2 benefits were that I didn’t get pregnant and it reallllyyyy lightened & shortened my period. But besides that, I’ve gotten horrible anxiety, I cried at random times, I was always so irritable and sometimes even mean. I was only on it for 5 months before I finally stopped. I’m feeling so much better now and I so far don’t feel miserable like I did on that birth control."

Ann (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I have ever used. I am a college student and I wanted something cost effective. I have been on this pill for about 2 years now. I take it every single day around the same time. I have experienced no side effects. I did not gain weight, in fact, I have lost weight over the years but that is due to a change in my eating habits. I do not get mood swings nor have I ever. My skin is great. I have yet to get pregnant. I remember I stopped taking the pills for like 2 weeks once because I wanted to stop and that is when I noticed some side effects. When I stopped taking the pill or when I was careless about it, I noticed dark vaginal discharge and my skin broke out. If you take this pill consistently then all will be fine."

J (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Works great for preventing pregnancy. Cleared up my skin. Gained a little weight. Crazy irritable and emotional a couple days before my period with a few breakouts and constipation. Haven't had any luck with skipping my period--always breaks through some how. SO I'm switching but its been pretty good so far anyways."

hbear (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Gave this an 7/10 because I’ve been on it for 3 years and haven’t gotten pregnant (yay!) BUT I recently found out this birth control has been suppressing my hormones. My hormone levels are at 1.4 and they should be at a 2.5 and above. My doctor told me birth control is supposed to regulate your hormones NOT suppress them. Also, my sex drive is nowhere to be found."

Anon (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Chantal for about 4 months now. I switch to the pill after having the most horrifying experience with the Nexplanon implant. So far I have to admit I have experienced some of the side effects: Light nausea, abdominal discomfort, and a bit of mood swings. I wouldn't entirely rule it out since it's been okay on my body. The ideal wait time to see if your body adjusted is 6 months. We will see."

Cin July 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I took it same time everyday. I had bad mood swings but worst of all I got preggo."

Mil (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Chateal for seven days and I decided to stop. I chose to give this a try although I read all the mixed reviews. The first two days started off great, no side effects except for breast tenderness. The third day came and I began vomiting periodically, stomach pains, loss of appetite and I lost my sex drive (bonus for me, negative for husband lol). It is cost effective, I noticed that my acne had reduced significantly, but the toll it takes on the body is not worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Everything was okay the first few weeks I started to take them. I was taking them the same time everyday and never missed a pill. After my first period came I started to notice my mood swings one minute I was okay the next I wanted to yell at someone and I just thought it was because I just started taking the pills. A week after that I would wake up in the middle of each night and throw up, the next day being so depressed I didn't even wanna move I tried to continue to take them but couldn't due to the side affects I was having everyday the worst bc I ever took"

Riahhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2018