User Reviews for Aubra

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Aubra reviews 5.6 139 reviews

Reviews for Aubra

For Birth Control "This was my first BC, and I started taking it at 21 to prevent pregnancy. Been using it for 6 months and never had a scare. I had moderately bad acne before starting, and it reduced it quite a bit. My periods became extremely regular; 28-day cycles as opposed to 35-day ones I had prior. I didn’t gain any weight, but noticed an increase of around one cup size. All in all good BC and I will continue using it."

Ally (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I haven't gotten pregnant after taking this for a year and that is probably the only good thing I have to say about this. I am in my early 30s and I now have acne again, and absolutely no sex drive. Its to the point of ruining my relationship..."

Kelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this birth control for about 3 months and noticed I would be constantly anxious or depressed. I found myself without a drive to do anything whether it be have sex or simply go out. It also made sex painful when I would go dry while enjoying it. It did help with cramps and made my period lighter except for my spotting about a week before. No pregnancies and periods were better"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a year and couple months now. Before I've taken the pill I road the train everyday to work and school with no problems. Now I get sick and nauseous every time. I get very emotional about the simplest things. I cried on the train once because I got off the wrong stop. On top of that my period last 8 days before they were lasting 3-5. I have the same about of cramps. Breast are very tender 2 days before my period. Acne seems like it's never going away. Weight gain . Bloating of stomach kinda. I want to change pills but don't know what to switch too."

Slim March 17, 2018

For Birth Control "First Birth Control I have taken. Started off with frequent irregular periods. I was informed that having frequent periods are normal at first and will return to normal in time which was true, my periods over time became less frequent than my regular ones. I recommend being proactive and taking the pill every day or else your periods may start to be irregular again. I have also noticed frequent breakouts around my chin and cheek areas and I have been feeling very hormonal with frequent, minor headaches."

TheMozeArt March 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Never had bad acne until taking Aubra. It is all over my chin and only lessens slightly during placebo week. I also noticed I have a lower libido and vaginal dryness. Other than that, it lightens my period, and it does what it's supposed to do."

whatsmyname? (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst birth control I've ever taken it's makes me super depressed and emotional I have no sex drive it started at first to clear up my acne but now has increased. I thought the depo was bad this is worse have been taking for about 3 months now and symptoms have been getting worse severe nausea, headaches and the depression has only gotten worse than before I hate this birth control have given it a fair shot and has only been making my life miserable as well as my boyfriend's"

Anonymous February 10, 2018

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control I had ever took, started when I was 18. I had a very irregular period so I was prescribed Aubra, and it worked for the most part. I did not have any crazy side effects, the pill did its job. But after a while, my period started becoming irregular again, which sucked because this is the only birth control I have taken so far that didn't give me any major side effects"

alexisxb February 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this BC about 3 months ago. For the first 2 months, I had terrible headaches every morning. On the 3rd month, they subsided. So that's good. I've noticed that I have gained some weight (about 7lbs), but after reading more on this, I'm hopeful that it might slow down. I haven't gotten pregnant, so I'm happy about that. Also, I've had some pretty bad breakouts. I've never had acne before so it's been a little upsetting. I am going to stick with it for another 3 months or so to see if my body evens out a little."

Anon85 January 29, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first time being on bc, I just started my 3rd pack. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago when I started having a pretty bad constant headache & occasional migraines. I went to a walk-in & the medication they prescribed hasn't helped at all. My anxiety & depression has gotten much worse (probably adding to the headache too). I'm not sure if I should stop taking it before seeing my primary doctor or not. Idk seems like it's doing more harm than good."

NickikciN (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2018

For Birth Control "After taking Aubra for a year and a half I’ve had to stop taking it. It worked well for me at first, no bad side-effects, but about 6 months in I noticed that I was becoming depressed more and more often, I would be horribly irritable for almost a week before my period, my sex drive died and I would get dry even while enjoying sex. I’d also get a pretty consistent acne break out once a month. After being off of it for 3 weeks I already felt much better mentally. Never got pregnant though, no weight issues, my cramps were not nearly as terrible as before I took it, and that’s it. It got the job done, so it’s worth a try since all brands seem to be different for the individuals."

EIeven (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Disclaimer: Birth control effects vary from person to person since we are all slightly different. That being said, my experience has been very positive. I have had almost zero side effects since I started taking Aubra 2 months ago. The first week I started taking it, I had some nausea that would wake me up while sleeping (I take it at 5pm), but after my body adjusted, I haven't had any nausea since. My weight has stayed the same, my skin and body hair have stayed the same. I did spot a bit for a week during my first pack, and then my first period was super light with zero cramping and lasted 4 days. If this is the norm, then I'm a happy Aubra consumer!"

Bflr27 January 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Pros-didn't get pregnant, sex drive was super high, didn't break out, period was so much lighter (which is why I wanted to take birth control), no spotting cons- (all after 4 months of using Aubra) felt depressed (I've never experienced anything this bad, never wanted to get out of bed, got upset over everything and cried soooo much which isn't like me) loss of appetite (lost over 10 lbs because I was never hungry and when I did eat, I was full after a bite) had mood swings (would get mad over the smallest things) its been months since I've stopped taking it and I still haven't gotten my period and I still feel depressed"

IH8Aubra January 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for about 1 year and a half and so far it's been great! I've gained a little weight which has given me curves and my skin is flawless. I never get breakouts and people always compliment my skin. Thank goodness, it's helped me not get pregnant. The only downside about this pill is, I feel fatigued most of the time, I tend to get tired in the mid afternoon, my libido has gone down, I tend to get yeast infections every few months, vaginal dryness as well, and sometimes I get angry for little things."

Anella (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Honestly it has been great! I get very light periods now that last two days with little to no cramping. No difference in mood swings and emotions. My skin cleared up. I was very skinny unable to gain weight and this allowed me to FINALLY get curves. Overall sooo happy I made the decision to take this."

Beth88888888 January 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm on my third pack of aubra and so far it hasn't been well. I've been on one other oc pill and this one was worse. I have experienced extremely painful cramps and weight gain. And my face (normaly pretty clear) has broken out with so much acne and I've experienced vaginal dryness. But I'm not pregnant and it does its job. My period hasn't gotten lighter or heavier so its pretty normal. I'm debating just continuing this pill to see if my face clears up."

Catmarie97 January 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Love this bc! It made my periods lighter, my skin clearer, and no pregnancy of course. However I still get cramps and occasional mood swings occur. I’ve been taking this for almost 2 and a half years now and it’s worked great for me. "

aaparl January 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 22, this is my third month on Aubra. This is my first birth control ever, so I was skeptical. I've had no real side effects. I lost about 10 pounds, but I'm active. Clearer skin. I already have anxiety, so mood swings are normal, but I haven't noticed it being worse. The first month of taking it I only spotted for two days, but the second month my period was normal with less cramping. No nausea from this. AND I'M NOT PREGNANT! "

Lauren8534 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2017

For Birth Control "On my second month and period is light to non existent!! Only PMS I had was slight cramping and nausea. I've never been on the pill before but this has been a true blessing. Sex drive seems to be normal as a a lot of people say otherwise. Lost 3 lbs so far not sure if that is pill or not though. Do seem to be very gassy though and wasn't before starting. Hope to be able to get this for years."

wildone270 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill twice. I started it when I was 17, it took it for a year and I LOVED it. This was the first birth control I ever tried. It made my period significantly lighter. I had no PMS when I was on this pill, before I had horrible PMS. I also lost weight on this pill (about 20 pounds) I believe the pill made my appetite a lot smaller which is a good thing. At this time though, I was still a virgin. I got the Paragard IUD a year later because I was tired of taking a pill everyday. I had a horrible experience with Paragard so went back to this pill. It’s still great. I pretty much don’t have a period now except very light bleeding for a day or two.I have all natural sex with my boyfriend once or twice a week and I've yet to get pregnant."

cxxscsdxs (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I HATE THIS BIRTH CONTROL. First month if taking it and my face completely broke out like I've never broken out before. My depression and anxiety was off the charts, also I had low sex drive. I was not happy with this. Don't take this BC you'll regret it!"

LILOM December 4, 2017

For Birth Control "Terrible birth control for me. First three months were great. No acne, no mood swings. Lost 7 lbs. Now on my 5th month. But here now I’m so depressed, anxiety ridden, have acne all over my face and behind my ears! My hair has thinned out! Do not recommend this! Not sure why the first three months were great and then went terrible."

Batalia (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this what so ever. I’ve been taking this for about 2 months and I’ve never experienced this type of depression or loss of motivation. Ever since starting Aubra I’ve woken up 5/7 days of the week with a headache and absolutely no ambition to get out of bed. Acne has never been this bad either. Do not take. I can’t wait to get off this."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the worse birth control method to take especially if you have depression. I took this pill for 6 months and had nothing but breakthrough bleeding and even worse depression symptoms.. I most definitely wouldn't recommend"

La'Chay October 30, 2017

For Birth Control "This was the first form of BC I have used and it has been an awful experience for me. It has killed my sex drive (I’m 18), caused dryness, made my boobs smaller, and worst of all worsened my depression which has negatively affected my relationship as if the others weren’t enough. The only reason I gave it 1 rating is because I haven’t gotten pregnant. Not sure if I should just drop it or wait til I’m finished with this pack but I am definitely switching soon."

SappyWappy October 7, 2017