User Reviews for Aubra

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Aubra.

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Aubra reviews 5.6 126 reviews

Reviews for Aubra

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for about 1 year and a half and so far it's been great! I've gained a little weight which has given me curves and my skin is flawless. I never get breakouts and people always compliment my skin. Thank goodness, it's helped me not get pregnant. The only downside about this pill is, I feel fatigued most of the time, I tend to get tired in the mid afternoon, my libido has gone down, I tend to get yeast infections every few months, vaginal dryness as well, and sometimes I get angry for little things."

Anella (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Honestly it has been great! I get very light periods now that last two days with little to no cramping. No difference in mood swings and emotions. My skin cleared up. I was very skinny unable to gain weight and this allowed me to FINALLY get curves. Overall sooo happy I made the decision to take this."

Beth88888888 January 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm on my third pack of aubra and so far it hasn't been well. I've been on one other oc pill and this one was worse. I have experienced extremely painful cramps and weight gain. And my face (normaly pretty clear) has broken out with so much acne and I've experienced vaginal dryness. But I'm not pregnant and it does its job. My period hasn't gotten lighter or heavier so its pretty normal. I'm debating just continuing this pill to see if my face clears up."

Catmarie97 January 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Love this bc! It made my periods lighter, my skin clearer, and no pregnancy of course. However I still get cramps and occasional mood swings occur. I’ve been taking this for almost 2 and a half years now and it’s worked great for me. "

aaparl January 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 22, this is my third month on Aubra. This is my first birth control ever, so I was skeptical. I've had no real side effects. I lost about 10 pounds, but I'm active. Clearer skin. I already have anxiety, so mood swings are normal, but I haven't noticed it being worse. The first month of taking it I only spotted for two days, but the second month my period was normal with less cramping. No nausea from this. AND I'M NOT PREGNANT! "

Lauren8534 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2017

For Birth Control "On my second month and period is light to non existent!! Only PMS I had was slight cramping and nausea. I've never been on the pill before but this has been a true blessing. Sex drive seems to be normal as a a lot of people say otherwise. Lost 3 lbs so far not sure if that is pill or not though. Do seem to be very gassy though and wasn't before starting. Hope to be able to get this for years."

wildone270 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill twice. I started it when I was 17, it took it for a year and I LOVED it. This was the first birth control I ever tried. It made my period significantly lighter. I had no PMS when I was on this pill, before I had horrible PMS. I also lost weight on this pill (about 20 pounds) I believe the pill made my appetite a lot smaller which is a good thing. At this time though, I was still a virgin. I got the Paragard IUD a year later because I was tired of taking a pill everyday. I had a horrible experience with Paragard so went back to this pill. It’s still great. I pretty much don’t have a period now except very light bleeding for a day or two.I have all natural sex with my boyfriend once or twice a week and I've yet to get pregnant."

cxxscsdxs (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I HATE THIS BIRTH CONTROL. First month if taking it and my face completely broke out like I've never broken out before. My depression and anxiety was off the charts, also I had low sex drive. I was not happy with this. Don't take this BC you'll regret it!"

LILOM December 4, 2017

For Birth Control "Terrible birth control for me. First three months were great. No acne, no mood swings. Lost 7 lbs. Now on my 5th month. But here now I’m so depressed, anxiety ridden, have acne all over my face and behind my ears! My hair has thinned out! Do not recommend this! Not sure why the first three months were great and then went terrible."

Batalia (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this what so ever. I’ve been taking this for about 2 months and I’ve never experienced this type of depression or loss of motivation. Ever since starting Aubra I’ve woken up 5/7 days of the week with a headache and absolutely no ambition to get out of bed. Acne has never been this bad either. Do not take. I can’t wait to get off this."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the worse birth control method to take especially if you have depression. I took this pill for 6 months and had nothing but breakthrough bleeding and even worse depression symptoms.. I most definitely wouldn't recommend"

La'Chay October 30, 2017

For Birth Control "This was the first form of BC I have used and it has been an awful experience for me. It has killed my sex drive (I’m 18), caused dryness, made my boobs smaller, and worst of all worsened my depression which has negatively affected my relationship as if the others weren’t enough. The only reason I gave it 1 rating is because I haven’t gotten pregnant. Not sure if I should just drop it or wait til I’m finished with this pack but I am definitely switching soon."

SappyWappy October 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin/ LoMedia for close to 10 years, never had an issue, never had bad periods with it (my periods before BC were debilitating, I would always get sick and have heavy long periods with death cramps). I had to switch to Aubra because my hospital kept getting back ordered months on Loestrin. Aubra is supposed to be of similar formulation, the progesterone component is a different chemical than I'm used to though, despite it being the same micrograms. I'm on week 3 of active pills, and on a heavy period that started 4 days ago. Have had painful cramps and back pain since I started it. Still have the mild cramps, but bad back pain. Hate these pills, miss my old ones. Granted, I am getting older, maybe that has something to do with."

TB Shelley September 26, 2017

For Birth Control "Made me so nauseous"

Anonymous September 18, 2017

For Birth Control "Just finishing up my 2nd pack just got my period after being two months late. I had a little spotting Saturday no pain Sunday little more blood severe pain like never before. Monday back pain was insane and my cramps hurt so bad I ended up in the ER. Today is day 3 and my cramps a horrible as well as back pain. I read comments its just your body adjusting but man I have never had this pain before its the absolute worse! First 2 weeks I took mine everyday at 7:30am I notice it made me so nauseous like never before so I now I take it everyday at 11:30 after I have eaten food and that really helped. I will say it did control my acne and it does make me eat a little bit more than usual however my cramps are so bad I'm thinking of getting off them"

juliana1234 September 13, 2017

For Birth Control "No weight Gain. Actually lost weigh because this pill made my appetite smaller and I get full faster. No acne just broke out little bumps along jaw line but no one can notice except me. I crazy mood swings or depression like I got on other birth control pills. Regular period, no pain. First day light cramps that's it. No spotting. Happy with this pill. Almost on my third pack."

Nataliaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

For Birth Control " I am fully aware that every body reacts differently to the same medication so take any birth control review with a grain of salt. I am currently on my third pack and it has been better than expected. It was my first brand of birth control that I had ever used, and I was very nervous. I tried to do plenty of research to find the best option, and I am very glad I selected this one. Here's a brief run down of what happened to me. Back acne went away, face acne still remains but was not worsened, moody for the first pack and now I'm back to my regular self, period became incredibly light about two-three days of light bleeding, and most importantly - I'm not pregnant!"

Grace123454321 August 23, 2017

For Birth Control "Okay, I would like to start off by saying that everybody's body is different and everyone reacts to things differently. Personally, I really like this birth control! I have always had an irregular period like I could literally go months without having a period and this fixed that and on top of that it has made me skin so much more clear than it already was and I'm not pregnant so that's all good! I didn't experience any weight gain, I did have some mood swings but that's basically it. so 10/10 would recommend."

randomanon August 18, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill gave me the worst acne I have ever experienced. I never really had skin problems until I began taking this. I have been on it for 3 months and it has not gotten any better. The only thing this is good for is pregnancy prevention. I'm switching brands because my skin looks terrible from this."

K89000999 August 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for several years & Microgestin before that- - no problems at all with either."

S* August 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I absolutelllly loved this BC. The first one I went on (probably the last too) and it's done wonders. I haven't gotten pregnant (woo!) & it cleared up all my acne! I have naturally very oily skin & break out right before I get my period, but on Aubra those annoying whiteheads went away. When I first started taking it I found myself hungrier than usual & with an increased appetite, and I gained almost 10 lbs, but after the first few months my appetite curbed and went back to normal & I lost the weight. My boobs grew slightly and it helped regulate my period. My friend was also on Aubra but had to switch because it made her gain a lottttt of weight. Everyone's body reacts differently, but personally Aubra worked for me :^))"

AloeZam July 30, 2017

For Birth Control "If I could rate Aubra as a 0, I would! Once I got on this medication I didn't really feel that many symptoms, EXCEPT for my mood swings. I started to cry about little things and it started to become a big issue in my relationship. I felt like I was going crazy because there would be times I would get mad at him for the most random & unnecessary things. I've been on this for 4 months now & one tip for you ladies: if you feel like you can overcome the depression and crazy mood swings, it is best to be safe and just get off of it. There have been many times I felt, "ok I can try again this time and try to make changes" but to be honest, easier said than done. I'm mid pack right now so I'm getting off once it's done. Hope to find a better brand!"

Maaary_L1087 July 26, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control that I have tried, I have no problems with it at all . No weight gain , mild mood swings , helps with acne ( keeps my skin super clear ) although I'll get a occasional pimple here or there. PMS symptoms are very mild too . I would recommend if it's your first time on birth control, try it and if you don't like it, move on to a different one ."

Sammie_booklover (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this pill, because for whatever reason, I had a menstrual period for over a month. This awful pill slowed it down, but I'm still bleeding, almost 2 months now. I have AWFUL migraines, acne, gained weight, TERRIBLE mood swings, and the worst cramps. I need off this ASAP."

BrookeRGV July 17, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Aubra for 1yr. This is my 2nd form of BC. 1st was implanon, had it for 2 months, couldn't deal with the spotting/crazy period. I haven't noticed any HUGE side effects on Aubra but there are some. I gained 10 lbs. My breasts feel sore the week before/the week of my period. I get minor mood swings/some depression, but nothing extreme. I break out a few days before my period, but I already had that problem previous to taking the pill. Sex drive remained as high as always. Head aches from time to time that I used to not get. No more severe cramps and my period is light flow and it only lasts 3/4 days, used to be heavy lasting 6 days. I am not pregnant so far so its worked. I have read it causes hyperpigmentation which I have above my brow"

CsillaJane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2017