User Reviews for Aubra

Birth Control 80 reviews 299 medications

5.4
Summary of Aubra reviews 80 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Aubra

For Birth Control "My experience when I first started taking the pill, I wasn't sure it was right for me because it was effecting my mood completely. Everything I felt was amplified: for example if I was mad, I would be extremely pissed off and didn't want to deal with anyone. But after the initial two weeks passed I start feeling better no huge mood swings and I don't really feel any of the other side effects either which I'm happy about."

Elvira Cecilia April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I just started this pill this pass week and so far, I love It! I only was nauseous the first few days of taking it and then that disappeared. Right now my only complaint is my breast are really tender, but other then that I have more of a sex drive which my fiance and I aren't really complaining about lol so I really recommend this pill if nothing else has worked. I tried the depo shot and it was terrible, I was always moody and tired but with this pill I have so much energy it's unbelievable, hopefully it stays this way. I'll update you more if thing change. Good luck ladies!"

Mouse94 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my second method of birth control after 6 years of not using anything I've tried the depo shot and that was the worst, aubra has been great for me I've had no side effects so far so good"

Sindy8 April 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on aubra for a month and a half currently and I feel great. The first week I had constant headaches but they went away and now everything is fine. My periods became shorter and I'm not pregnant so I definitely like this pill."

Thatthisshehe March 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "So ive been prescribed Aubra due to some irresponsible decisions. I have been on it for nearly 3 weeks and I have been bleeding ever since I started it. I began taking it the first day of my period and my period normally only lasts 3 to 4 days. Aubra caused it to last 6 days. A few days later I began bleeding slightly and I had to use panty liners for a couple days then it got a bit heavier and now I have to use liners or pads. When I first started taking it, I had terrible mood swings and my period was terrible. I am hoping that it gets better and the bleeding stops. It is uncomfortable and I feel very unclean."

15 yo dumbass (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I would NOT recommend Aubra to anyone. The entire six months I was in it I constantly felt depressed and exhausted. Staying awake was a constant struggle. I also experienced crazy mood swings that caused major problems in my relationship. I also developed extremely bad acne which I never had before. Also, I never felt hungry and whenever I did eat I always felt so bloated and uncomfortable afterwards. On top of that, my periods actually got worse; heavier bleeding, really bad cramps, etc. I wish I would have talked to my doctor sooner about getting off this birth control and would strongly discourage anyone else from ever taking it."

KNA022 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The only good thing about this medication is that I'm not pregnant. I've been taking aubra for about 3 months now and the issues I was told would go away after the first pack are still truckin'. My period is nothing more than a day or two of spotting which is pretty cool but the constant moodiness and terrible nausea are not worth it. My relationship and health is suffering from this. I'm always feeling sick to my stomach so I've only been eating healthier, simpler foods but they still make me feel awful. I've been gaining weight and breaking out and freaking out at my boyfriend and having random bouts of depression that is usually controlled by other medication I take. Also, the IBS-like symptoms I have constantly throughout the month!!"

Caramella0807 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I couldn't even wait a few months to stop taking this, it's been a little over a week and this pill has begun to make my skin worse than ever before. I've broken out in tiny, under-the-skin, rough whiteheads on my forehead, along my cheekbones, and heavily concentrated on my jawline."

FirsttimeAubra (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I love this pill! I had pretty bad acne before starting, and my face cleared up within the first pack or two. I have had no weight gain, and no cramping. I get slightly more emotional the week before my period with 1-2 bumps popping up, but other than that, this pill is great."

Jor_S (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am very happy with Aubra. At first I experienced terrible migraines for the first few weeks, but afterwards they went away. Similarly with acne, I had a flare the first few weeks I used it, but afterwards my acne has severely improved and I've had a clear face since. Sometimes around the time of my 'period' I get a few blemishes but nothing serious. To be fair though, I never had bad acne to begin with. For the main reason, in terms of birth control, I haven't gotten pregnant which is the best part! In addition my cramps and periods are a lot shorter and less severe. I was afraid to try this but overall I would highly recommend!"

Happy Pill Taker March 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra for a month now. My experience with this birth control was really great. I didn't know what to expect on this pill but I ended up having a great experience. I had little to no nausea and I only got a tiny bit emotional the week of my period. I love being on this pill. It eased my cramps a lot and doesn't make me break out. I will continue to use this birth control."

Alexacarmen March 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I took it for 6 months. Worst 6 months of my life. I felt sick EVERY single day. After taking the pill, 1-2 hours later I felt like vomiting. I would NEVER recommend this to ANYONE. I had severe cramps& headaches."

K. Hate this March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been using this birth control pill for 2 months now. I got put on them to help with painful/heavy periods and other PMS symptoms. We'll, I wanted to wait awhile so I could see how my body would react to this birth control and it hasn't been very good. I'm more depressed than ever, my libido is extremely low and I barely climax, I cry all the time and it's causing relationship issues. My boyfriend begs me to just throw my last pack away. It´s just not compatible with me. Good luck to other users. I hope you ladies have better luck <3"

Better luck to other ladies (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started aubra and it had the same dose of estrogen and progestin. I noticed the first weeks I was very emotional. I cry over a lot of things because I'm just naturally a sensitive person but the first two weeks were pretty sad. My period either lasted 5 days with heavy to light bleeding, or a week with moderate bleeding. I never break out, and when I do it's once every blue moon. As for weight gain.. that's natural when taking birth control. The first time I gained 10 pounds but I am also an active person and go to the gym daily, so I lost it pretty quickly. I've been on aubra for 3 years now. So far no complaints, but definitely I would recommend to give it a little over a month to see if it's for you."

Trishuhh (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Pretty good so far. On month three. First month, I was very emotional and felt sick. Second and Third feel completely fine. Periods are short for me (I have always had 3 day periods) and not heavy. Still not pregnant so thats great. Skin is fine, do get 2 or 3 zits but very tiny. No weight gain either."

Beannn February 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have had no side effects. Helps with cramps that were extremely painful- passing out painful before taking it, to barely noticeable on this pill. I recommend it to friends."

Ax000000 January 31, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had a terrible experience with this pill. I started to break out, a ton of headaches, mood swings, and weight loss."

ashmora5287 January 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The only great thing about this is that I didn't get pregnant. Seriously I cry at everything and I have horrible depression. I get mad at my boyfriend for everything and I am always upset. Don't recommend"

Clarisse89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Well I've been this birth control pill for about a year now. When I 1st started this pill... I broke out really bad. Acne was horrible ! My stomach gutted so bad from cramping. I felt nauseous a lot. About after two weeks on the pill symptoms got better. Everything was normal. My cycle was lighter. Cleared acne. Only time I would get acne was close to my monthly cycle. The pill does work against pregnancy which is great but the emotions and weight gain is the bad part about the pill. Within this year being on this pill I packed on at least 25 pounds. I'm thinking about switching off birth control completely tho. I'm always ready to cry about everything!"

Taytay1246 January 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking aubra for about almost two weeks now. I don't know how to feel about it. I started gaining weight like crazy. I feel like I'm starving 24-7 and I eat like crazy. I have mild head aches and I get really moody. I'm always arguing with my bf for the smallest things. I guess I'll keep taking it for the remaining of the month and then I'll switch over to something else."

vee408 January 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking aubra for about 6-7 months now, and I have had no major side effects, the only thing I can really complain about is before when I got my period I would never get cramps, now when I do have it I get cramps but they are very minor. I had little to no acne before taking it, and I have noticed I only get a few pimples here and there, my sex drive has not changed at all still pretty good. Mood swings are a bit of a problem to where I will get upset with my boyfriend for not replying in a timely matter, over dumb stuff I get upset. And no weight gain at all. But other than that aubra has gotten me on a regular monthly period before I only had it once maybe 3 times a year."

Anonymous January 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I've taken and it's been a over a year by now. My experience has been pretty good especially compared to a lot of the other reviews. The first thing I noticed is that my periods are now way lighter. They usually last about 5-7 days when they previously lasted about 4-5 but that's not really a problem at all since it's mostly spotting here and there when I used to have a really heavy flow and painful cramps. My acne went away completely. No weight gain. The only cons I can think of is breast tenderness and my hair has a gotten a little thinner and greasier but you're advised to take vitamins with bc so I think that's why."

halibet December 27, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm on my 2nd pack of aubra. I have tried two other brands of 2 phase birth control pills and I tried progesterone only pills (POP) too before aubra. The POP gave me so many issues. Well with all the issues I went back to planned parenthood and she gave me aubra. However, I wanted to let you know what I've experienced with aubra. My period came with the placebo pills. It was the best period I have ever had in my life. I hardly noticed it! No cramps, light, no bloating, good energy level, and exactly the right number of days. I was feeling great! Started the 2nd pack. As the days have gone by my face, neck and upper back have broken out in very painful acne. I am 28 and haven't had any major acne since I was 19. I'm going to finish out this pack. Then no more!"

K2 December 16, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I began taking Aubra five months ago. For the first three weeks, I suffered from constant nausea, severe headaches, shortness of breath, IBS like symptoms, emotional instability, and I felt extremely lethargic. After those three weeks, those symptoms disappeared. However, now five months in, I have absolutely no sex drive, my last period lasted 13 days, and I have been in a depressed-like rut for about two months. On the bright side, my boobs got bigger, I have not gained any weight, and my acne has decreased. Since these symptoms are much better than the alternative, (getting pregnant) I have decided to continue taking the pill. Once my prescription expires, though, I believe I will be switching to another brand."

Franzen93 December 15, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I hate this pill. Makes me so depressed I find myself always mad at my boyfriend for the smallest things my period this month started on Dec1st and it just ended on Dec.12 which was yesterday . My periods were so much heavier than usual I do not recommend this pill"

Anonymous December 14, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 Next

More about Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Aviane, Lutera, Seasonique, Levora, More... (31)

Professional resources