User Reviews for Aubra

Birth Control 103 reviews 305 medications

5.5
Summary of Aubra reviews 103 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Aubra

For Birth Control "I started this pill, because for whatever reason, I had a menstrual period for over a month. This awful pill slowed it down, but I'm still bleeding, almost 2 months now. I have AWFUL migraines, acne, gained weight, TERRIBLE mood swings, and the worst cramps. I need off this ASAP."

BrookeRGV July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Aubra for 1yr. This is my 2nd form of BC. 1st was implanon, had it for 2 months, couldn't deal with the spotting/crazy period. I haven't noticed any HUGE side effects on Aubra but there are some. I gained 10 lbs. My breasts feel sore the week before/the week of my period. I get minor mood swings/some depression, but nothing extreme. I break out a few days before my period, but I already had that problem previous to taking the pill. Sex drive remained as high as always. Head aches from time to time that I used to not get. No more severe cramps and my period is light flow and it only lasts 3/4 days, used to be heavy lasting 6 days. I am not pregnant so far so its worked. I have read it causes hyperpigmentation which I have above my brow"

CsillaJane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible BC. I have never in my life experienced any skin problems, but once I got on this pill I had pimples all over my face. I got my period almost twice a month and a lot of spotting. Also had mood swings on it. At least my cramps stopped and breast tenderness stopped but other than that HORRIBLE!"

Jbsj (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible side effects! I'm super moody, terrible acne, mild to excruciating cramp pain, I'm having outburst at work, and crying myself to sleep.. just stay away from this. All birth controls are bad but this one tops the cake."

Texas resident July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control ever and I really love it, I used to have a horrible period and break out very very bad. I have cleared and my period is much lighter and shorter. It seems like for this to be a persons first birth control it works fine."

Ali's (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The only good thing about this pill is pregnancy prevention. I found myself way more irritable on this BC then I've ever been my entire life, anxious to the point of debilitation. Kills your sex drive."

Don't take (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I like this birth control. I hardly ever get cramps on it and I don't really get any side effects on it. Also my boobs got bigger, which my boyfriend likes. I've always had clear skin and that's stayed the same on this pill."

FlowerChild92 June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from this pill. I read all the terrible reviews and still went for it. I was previously on Microgestion for 6 months, it did me wonderful. When it came time to get my new packs, Planned Parenthood supposedly didn't carry it anymore. I was told Aubra was the exact same thing and wouldn't affect me differently. What a lie that was. Two weeks into my pack and I got my period again for the month. Third week and I'm having terrible cramps accompanied with more bleeding. My appetite has changed, I'm not eating much. Grateful I haven't experienced acne, mood changes, nausea or headaches. But don't even wanna chance it. Contemplating if I should throw out the pack or finish and just drop. DON'T RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!"

ohNAhAubra (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "First time on birth control (bc) and I am relieved to not have had any major side effects after taking this bc for a month now. The first day I took it I felt a little nauseous but switched to taking it before bed and now don't feel anything (even if I forgot the night before & have to take it in the middle of the day) I did get two pretty big pimples the first week but no physical changes besides that. I THINK I'm on my period now (end of first pack) but very very light bleeding & no cramps."

Kiki Inez June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I experienced little to no side effects on this birth control. I did experience some spotting and nausea when I first began, but that subsided after a few days. I began to feel very nauseous during my first non-hormone week (which I confused as morning sickness), so be aware of that. I had acne before starting, and Aubra neither cleared this nor worsened my skin. Overall, very effective and a great choice!"

Kookaburra22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Okay, so I thought the side effects would leave, but I'm nearing the end of my second pack and they've not gotten any better. My first period on the pill (aside from when I started) came four days early, had worse pain than any of them before, my menstrual flow had tissue in it, I could barely eat, I threw up, and had to sleep constantly because I was so weak and lightheaded. I'm hoping the next one is better, but if it's not, I'm going to have to switch. I'm nauseous, fatigued, and get cramps constantly. I'd say a pro is that I'm not pregnant, but I don't even have sex, so.. I got on Aubra to stabilize my cycle and reduce the effects on me every period (I've missed school because of it), but it hasn't done anything good for me yet."

Snerson June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Honestly I have had no issues with this birth control. Obviously birth control is different for each individual but for me this has been perfect. My period is regular and light, I have not gained weight, my boobs have grown and are firmer and my skin is perfectly clear nowadays. I would definitely recommend based on my experience."

Anonymous June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was very skeptical about this pill, however, after taking this for three weeks, I feel great. No side effects whatsoever! I am glad I took this courageous step."

agarioshariff June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for about 10 months & like the others, the only good thing about this pill is the fact that I'm not pregnant. This is my first time taking birth control so at first, I wasn't able to tell the side effects. Until later on, it got so much worse. I had terrible mood swings to the point people were referring me to other brands. My period was extremely light as if I barely even had it at all, which made me worried sometimes. I lost weight which is the opposite of what I want & my skin got so bad. The worst was really just the depression I occurred during this time & my " craziness ". I wouldn't recommend anyone to be on this & I'll definitely ask my doctors for a different brand."

Alexia Cortez June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra for a month and a half now and this is my first time ever taking the pill. I was honestly expecting my side effects to be pretty bad based on reading all of these reviews after I got my prescription but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. The first 2 days or so I had a slight twinge of nausea that would come and go but I barely noticed it. I haven't had any significant weight gain and my breasts feel rounder and firmer. My mood has been the same too. Maybe because it's such a low dose it didn't negatively effect my body but I'm just glad I didn't have to go through all of the trial and error of finding the right pill for me. I'd recommend it"

natchris9 May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Ever since I started taking this pill my acne has only gotten worse. I have not experienced any mood swings weight gain or weight loss. I have always had an irregular cycle but this pill helped me regulate it."

Jasmineee May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra for the last six months. The only pro I can think of is that I'm not pregnant. However, the list of negatives is much longer. Before getting on the pill, I had clear skin, regular periods, no PMS or crazy mood swings. Since I got on it though, I've noticed that my skin got worse- pimples appearing everywhere- bigger than I've ever gotten in my life. My periods have become so irregular despite following my doctor's instructions and taking it religiously at the same time (I have a pill tracker app too!). Pre-pill, my periods only lasted for four days and were relatively light. Now though my HEAVY periods last for eight days and happen every two weeks. Definitely gonna get off it and not recommend it to anyone"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra for three months. This isn't the first birth control I've ever been on. I haven't had any negative experiences with Aubra, just the same affects you would have when you're first starting birth control. No weight gain, no weird mood swing."

Brooke A (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control method I have ever used. I'm 18. I have been on it for a little over 7 months. I absolutely love it. Let me just start with the pros: breasts got more firm. My skin actually became more clean. (I've always had clear skin) but this helped even more. The only negative side effects I would say is that you sometimes may experience mood swings. I have a short temper so that could also be my fault. This pill does NOT make you gain weight. It only makes you hungrier than usual. I highly recommend this pill for all women. I love it!"

Martinez530 May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have only been on it for 2 weeks and already I am ready to get off the pill asap. Already I've had bad mood swings, gained weight and also I'm currently experiencing the worst acne I've ever had. My acne is so bad, it hurts my face so much. This is the first birth control I have ever taken...I do not plan on continuing this contraception nor would I recommend it to anyone."

Simone2510 May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Medication made me depressed easily over nothing never was one for mood swings also it was a constant struggle to stay awake period went from super tampons to ultra tampons acne for the first time in my life after I decided to get off of it and worst of all it made sexual sensitivity numb to any stimulation so glad to be off of this garbage..."

Carla25 May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I haven't experienced too much of the side effects like weight gain, nausea, or anything. But I noticed that my eyes are really dry all the time when I started taking these and I don't know if its related for certain, but I've had contacts for two years and this is the first time I've had this issue. I've had to switch to glasses as of late. Also, my depression has exponentially worsened. It feels like it hasn't, but I never cried much and have cried almost every day since I've taken these. I'm going through real things, but I used to handle them better. But I guess these symptoms are better than pregnancy, and I haven't gotten pregnant."

Ndnsjsjjsjsjsks May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on it for almost 3 years. Mood swings were horrible at first then got manageable. Started developing horrible acne which I have never had before and I know its from the pill :( it comes on a week before my period every month and lasts 2 weeks. Hoping to switch and find something better for me."

MG111111 April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience when I first started taking the pill, I wasn't sure it was right for me because it was effecting my mood completely. Everything I felt was amplified: for example if I was mad, I would be extremely pissed off and didn't want to deal with anyone. But after the initial two weeks passed I start feeling better no huge mood swings and I don't really feel any of the other side effects either which I'm happy about."

Elvira Cecilia April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I just started this pill this pass week and so far, I love It! I only was nauseous the first few days of taking it and then that disappeared. Right now my only complaint is my breast are really tender, but other then that I have more of a sex drive which my fiance and I aren't really complaining about lol so I really recommend this pill if nothing else has worked. I tried the depo shot and it was terrible, I was always moody and tired but with this pill I have so much energy it's unbelievable, hopefully it stays this way. I'll update you more if thing change. Good luck ladies!"

Mouse94 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next

More about Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Aviane, Lutera, Levora, Seasonique, More... (31)

Professional resources