User Reviews for Aubra

Birth Control 62 reviews 293 medications

5.2
Summary of Aubra reviews 62 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Aubra

For Birth Control "Well I've been this birth control pill for about a year now. When I 1st started this pill... I broke out really bad. Acne was horrible ! My stomach gutted so bad from cramping. I felt nauseous a lot. About after two weeks on the pill symptoms got better. Everything was normal. My cycle was lighter. Cleared acne. Only time I would get acne was close to my monthly cycle. The pill does work against pregnancy which is great but the emotions and weight gain is the bad part about the pill. Within this year being on this pill I packed on at least 25 pounds. I'm thinking about switching off birth control completely tho. I'm always ready to cry about everything!"

Taytay1246 January 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been taking aubra for about almost two weeks now. I don't know how to feel about it. I started gaining weight like crazy. I feel like I'm starving 24-7 and I eat like crazy. I have mild head aches and I get really moody. I'm always arguing with my bf for the smallest things. I guess I'll keep taking it for the remaining of the month and then I'll switch over to something else."

vee408 January 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking aubra for about 6-7 months now, and I have had no major side effects, the only thing I can really complain about is before when I got my period I would never get cramps, now when I do have it I get cramps but they are very minor. I had little to no acne before taking it, and I have noticed I only get a few pimples here and there, my sex drive has not changed at all still pretty good. Mood swings are a bit of a problem to where I will get upset with my boyfriend for not replying in a timely matter, over dumb stuff I get upset. And no weight gain at all. But other than that aubra has gotten me on a regular monthly period before I only had it once maybe 3 times a year."

Anonymous January 1, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I've taken and it's been a over a year by now. My experience has been pretty good especially compared to a lot of the other reviews. The first thing I noticed is that my periods are now way lighter. They usually last about 5-7 days when they previously lasted about 4-5 but that's not really a problem at all since it's mostly spotting here and there when I used to have a really heavy flow and painful cramps. My acne went away completely. No weight gain. The only cons I can think of is breast tenderness and my hair has a gotten a little thinner and greasier but you're advised to take vitamins with bc so I think that's why."

halibet December 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on my 2nd pack of aubra. I have tried two other brands of 2 phase birth control pills and I tried progesterone only pills (POP) too before aubra. The POP gave me so many issues. Well with all the issues I went back to planned parenthood and she gave me aubra. However, I wanted to let you know what I've experienced with aubra. My period came with the placebo pills. It was the best period I have ever had in my life. I hardly noticed it! No cramps, light, no bloating, good energy level, and exactly the right number of days. I was feeling great! Started the 2nd pack. As the days have gone by my face, neck and upper back have broken out in very painful acne. I am 28 and haven't had any major acne since I was 19. I'm going to finish out this pack. Then no more!"

K2 December 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I began taking Aubra five months ago. For the first three weeks, I suffered from constant nausea, severe headaches, shortness of breath, IBS like symptoms, emotional instability, and I felt extremely lethargic. After those three weeks, those symptoms disappeared. However, now five months in, I have absolutely no sex drive, my last period lasted 13 days, and I have been in a depressed-like rut for about two months. On the bright side, my boobs got bigger, I have not gained any weight, and my acne has decreased. Since these symptoms are much better than the alternative, (getting pregnant) I have decided to continue taking the pill. Once my prescription expires, though, I believe I will be switching to another brand."

Franzen93 December 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I hate this pill. Makes me so depressed I find myself always mad at my boyfriend for the smallest things my period this month started on Dec1st and it just ended on Dec.12 which was yesterday . My periods were so much heavier than usual I do not recommend this pill"

Anonymous December 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I received Aubra from planned parenthood and I've finished my first pack and I got my period my normal period would be about 4 or 5 days after taking Aubra I am on my 9th day and I plan on going back to PPH to get switched to something different that will regulate my period back to normal.. This kind of birth control has made me moody not want to have sexual intercourse with my boyfriend and I've broke out already."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I hate this pill, extreme depression, breast pain, moody, cry at everything. Do not recommend."

1girl35134 December 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I started aubra back in July so I would be less anxious about pregnancy.The first month or two I was on it, I had headaches and nausea, as well as random bleeding. As soon as that ceased, I immediately began packing on pounds, and became very depressed and had no desire for intimacy with my boyfriend. This all has negatively affected my relationship. Its so bad that my boyfriend offered to go back to condoms which neither of us love. Unfortunately, aubra is not good for my body and mental health, for some people it is likely great, but not for me. Only good parts were zero cramps, lighter periods and zero acne, and no babies."

Lookitskatiex December 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra for 6 months and have finally decided to go off birth control. The only pro on this birth control is not getting pregnant. Cons: no sex drive, horrible acne before my period, depression, weight gain. I was really hoping this birth control to work, because I've had so many problems with other ones. But I can't take the side effects anymore."

Denise, 30 years old, no kids (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm a 25 year old woman and I took Yasmin, back home (I'm from Mexico), for six years and it was amazing. I recently got married and moved to the U.S. and switched to Aubra (given to me by Planned Parenthood). I've been on Aubra for four months now and I absolutely hate it. I broke out like crazy, my mood swings are just incredible, PMS is horrible, my sex drive is gone and natural lubrication is a problem for me now. I never had any of this problems before and there's no way I'm sticking to Aubra. Yes, it keeps me from getting pregnant, but the side effects are not worth it. I just got three boxes of Yasmin and I'm waiting to finish my current Aubra box to switch back to Yasmin."

Em7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

For Birth Control "First birth control pill. Got lil acne before I was on it and get a lil still. Plan on changing to a different bc tho because it makes me extremely emotional and depressed. I messed up and forgot to take it for 3 days and my period was effected but once I got back on track and when I stayed on track my periods were regular. Seemed to loose weight but I still don't know if that's because of the birth control"

Instagram 99099 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra four months now and love it! No crazy side effects! My periods are regular and light. Very affordable. I pay $20 each month through planned parenthood. I can't say how protective it is, as I still use protection while being on birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

For Birth Control "When I started this medication, I actually thought I either had the flu or food poisoning because the side effects were so bad that I didn't realize it was just from the aubra. I had severe stomach issues, sweating, and as the week went on, I had vision problems and an extreme headache that was getting worse instead of better. Thanks to other reviews on this site, I realized that it could be from this pill and stopped taking it. I already feel much better."

sun spider (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Aubra through planned parenthood and I've been on it for about 2 months. I love it so far, I don't feel any symptoms and no weight gain. I was previously on the depo and I HATED it!! I gained about 25 lbs in less than a year. Birth control is different for everyone so I didn't know what to expect. I'm hoping this stays this way!"

Dreuh9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on aubra for the past year. I didn't have any symptoms that I know of. It has cleared up my acne drastically. I use to get huge pimples on my forehead right between my eyes and it wouldn't go away, even after months of ance face washed and spot treatments. I also use to get a huge one on my chin. I still get a little bit of acne, but not near as bad as before. I take it every morning at 7a My periods use to be irregular and would come every other month for the most part, and sometimes three months. They have been more regular and lighter than before. Pros for me: prevents pregnancy, reduces ance, makes period lighter, period is more regular Cons: have cramps during period more often than before, some what lessened sex drive"

Jp2320 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Im 23 years old and have been taking Aubra for 6 days. I have had terrible headaches and have broke out in hives all over my face and arms. I immediatly stopped taking this birth control and would not recommend it."

Gaby559 October 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Aubra has been effective for me, but I've had to become used to it, and learn how to curb side effects. Pros: Not pregnant (!), Cleared up moderate adult acne, small and easy to take, no side effects when taken before bed with food, no spotting/cramping between "periods". Cons: If taken in morning, I had terrible side effects all day. Became dizzy, faint, and would vomit for a good part of the afternoon. Only way to avoid symptoms was to eat constantly. All of this was fixed for me by taking in the evening with food."

CJHMakani (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I recently just stopped taking Lyza because I realized it wasn't help me get my period back . Before that I was on Depo (the shot) which got rid of my period completly . I just started taking this birth control (Aubra) and so far, I haven't notice any really crazy symptoms or spotting. I would get mild headaches but nothing ibuprofen couldn't fix. I'll update soon :)"

1st Week On Aubra (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I hate Aubra! It has been affective in preventing pregnancy which is obviously the great part. However, my sex drive has drastically decreased, I've been cramping since week 2, I've been extremely emotional, and now I've been menstruating longer than usual (it has always been 3-4days now I'm on day 6). My appetite has definitely increased especially closer to me menstruating. I'm just not enjoying this birth control at all! I will not be starting a new pack!"

Devona90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 35 years old with 4 kids. I got aubra birth control pills from planned parenthood. The first week was fantastic but on my second week, I noticed some acne or rashes on my forehead. By the end of the second week, it spread all over my FACE and CHEST"

Jenny ny October 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely hate this birth control. Yes, it keeps me from getting pregnant but the side effects are TERRIBLE. i've been on this birth control now for almost 3 months and i've been breaking out like crazy. i've never had acne problems besides an occasion zit here and there. After taking this birth control my face has huge zits everywhere! im switching immediately. It also makes me act crazy!!! and i've gained 10 pounds. im done with this birth control!"

dontTAKEplz October 6, 2016

For Birth Control "2 weeks in so far and no symptoms. I'll update if anything changes."

sasha12345 October 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Update I been on it 2 months extreme acne huge boil looking pimples all over my face and in ears ouch hair loss worsening depresion weight gain because I can't stop eating"

Gel nail polish (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2016

Page 1 2 3 Next

More about Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Professional resources