User Reviews for Aubra

Birth Control 52 reviews 292 medications

5.2
Summary of Aubra reviews 52 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Aubra

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra for 6 months and have finally decided to go off birth control. The only pro on this birth control is not getting pregnant. Cons: no sex drive, horrible acne before my period, depression, weight gain. I was really hoping this birth control to work, because I've had so many problems with other ones. But I can't take the side effects anymore."

Denise, 30 years old, no kids (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm a 25 year old woman and I took Yasmin, back home (I'm from Mexico), for six years and it was amazing. I recently got married and moved to the U.S. and switched to Aubra (given to me by Planned Parenthood). I've been on Aubra for four months now and I absolutely hate it. I broke out like crazy, my mood swings are just incredible, PMS is horrible, my sex drive is gone and natural lubrication is a problem for me now. I never had any of this problems before and there's no way I'm sticking to Aubra. Yes, it keeps me from getting pregnant, but the side effects are not worth it. I just got three boxes of Yasmin and I'm waiting to finish my current Aubra box to switch back to Yasmin."

Em7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

For Birth Control "First birth control pill. Got lil acne before I was on it and get a lil still. Plan on changing to a different bc tho because it makes me extremely emotional and depressed. I messed up and forgot to take it for 3 days and my period was effected but once I got back on track and when I stayed on track my periods were regular. Seemed to loose weight but I still don't know if that's because of the birth control"

Instagram 99099 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra four months now and love it! No crazy side effects! My periods are regular and light. Very affordable. I pay $20 each month through planned parenthood. I can't say how protective it is, as I still use protection while being on birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

For Birth Control "When I started this medication, I actually thought I either had the flu or food poisoning because the side effects were so bad that I didn't realize it was just from the aubra. I had severe stomach issues, sweating, and as the week went on, I had vision problems and an extreme headache that was getting worse instead of better. Thanks to other reviews on this site, I realized that it could be from this pill and stopped taking it. I already feel much better."

sun spider (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Aubra through planned parenthood and I've been on it for about 2 months. I love it so far, I don't feel any symptoms and no weight gain. I was previously on the depo and I HATED it!! I gained about 25 lbs in less than a year. Birth control is different for everyone so I didn't know what to expect. I'm hoping this stays this way!"

Dreuh9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on aubra for the past year. I didn't have any symptoms that I know of. It has cleared up my acne drastically. I use to get huge pimples on my forehead right between my eyes and it wouldn't go away, even after months of ance face washed and spot treatments. I also use to get a huge one on my chin. I still get a little bit of acne, but not near as bad as before. I take it every morning at 7a My periods use to be irregular and would come every other month for the most part, and sometimes three months. They have been more regular and lighter than before. Pros for me: prevents pregnancy, reduces ance, makes period lighter, period is more regular Cons: have cramps during period more often than before, some what lessened sex drive"

Jp2320 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Im 23 years old and have been taking Aubra for 6 days. I have had terrible headaches and have broke out in hives all over my face and arms. I immediatly stopped taking this birth control and would not recommend it."

Gaby559 (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Aubra has been effective for me, but I've had to become used to it, and learn how to curb side effects. Pros: Not pregnant (!), Cleared up moderate adult acne, small and easy to take, no side effects when taken before bed with food, no spotting/cramping between "periods". Cons: If taken in morning, I had terrible side effects all day. Became dizzy, faint, and would vomit for a good part of the afternoon. Only way to avoid symptoms was to eat constantly. All of this was fixed for me by taking in the evening with food."

CJHMakani (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I recently just stopped taking Lyza because I realized it wasn't help me get my period back . Before that I was on Depo (the shot) which got rid of my period completly . I just started taking this birth control (Aubra) and so far, I haven't notice any really crazy symptoms or spotting. I would get mild headaches but nothing ibuprofen couldn't fix. I'll update soon :)"

1st Week On Aubra (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I hate Aubra! It has been affective in preventing pregnancy which is obviously the great part. However, my sex drive has drastically decreased, I've been cramping since week 2, I've been extremely emotional, and now I've been menstruating longer than usual (it has always been 3-4days now I'm on day 6). My appetite has definitely increased especially closer to me menstruating. I'm just not enjoying this birth control at all! I will not be starting a new pack!"

Devona90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 35 years old with 4 kids. I got aubra birth control pills from planned parenthood. The first week was fantastic but on my second week, I noticed some acne or rashes on my forehead. By the end of the second week, it spread all over my FACE and CHEST"

Jenny ny October 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely hate this birth control. Yes, it keeps me from getting pregnant but the side effects are TERRIBLE. i've been on this birth control now for almost 3 months and i've been breaking out like crazy. i've never had acne problems besides an occasion zit here and there. After taking this birth control my face has huge zits everywhere! im switching immediately. It also makes me act crazy!!! and i've gained 10 pounds. im done with this birth control!"

dontTAKEplz October 6, 2016

For Birth Control "2 weeks in so far and no symptoms. I'll update if anything changes."

sasha12345 October 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Update I been on it 2 months extreme acne huge boil looking pimples all over my face and in ears ouch hair loss worsening depresion weight gain because I can't stop eating"

Gel nail polish (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2016

For Birth Control "i HATE THIS BIRTH CONTROL i've been on it for a month and a half and it gave me acne all over my face! i haven't had acne since i was 16 (im 20 now) i hate this and i'm switching ASAP"

squasha (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I've tried other BCP before this one and they made me more emotional than this one. I would be hysterical and with aubra i felt more like myself. It definitely had its cons, but the fact that it didn't give me emotional panic attacks like my previous bcps, it wins. I really like this one. Pros: For me, less emotional and lighter periods. Effective in preventing pregnancy. Cons: Nausea, I was told to take my pills at night for this reason. And most nights I don't feel this symptom. Less sex drive."

PinkMischief (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I would advise to take caution when reading other people's comments. Like any doctor will mention to you, all medications affects others differently and they will have side effects. To give my short story: it was my first birth control and I have been taking it for 1.5 years. Pros: less to little acne, no headaches, less cramps, prevented pregnancy every time, lighter periods (this was a plus!) Cons: more emotional during period, 5lb weight gain (I am also in college, so that could be an aiding major factor), sometimes less sex drive EXCEPT around my period Again, just because some people had issues with it doesn't mean you'll have the same. Try it out for yourself if you're considering this bc brand and talk with your doctor!"

Juxtamedullary (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2016

For Birth Control "So far so good. I'm just on my first pack and I feel fine. I'm not getting the symptoms other reviewers are talking about. Maybe because before I started taking this I was pregnant and no side effects compare to morning sickness 24/7 (remember that ladies "

Can't complain September 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 33, w/no kids. I've been on a couple diff types of BC before but I think this one has been the worst. Started taking these pills because I was cramping a lot during my period and they were heavier than usual. It was fine for the 1st 3 mths, w/little to no side effects, my periods even seemed less painful and lighter. 6 mths later, I've noticed that I'm super emotional/sad, periods are inconsistent, 1 month its heavy w/break thru bleeding for about 4-5 days, spotting for about 2 weeks before and or even after my period, the next month I may not bleed much at all and the cramping hasn't decreased. I've also noticed an in increase in the frequency of bad headaches and a lack of energy. Wouldn't recommend Aubra but everyone is different."

PainedByAubra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2016

For Birth Control "Wow I've been reading these negative comments but I've had a great experience with this pill!! I'm 19 I was on the shot before this it was the worst thing that ever happened to me. But on this one my only side effects were mild headaches and I'm definetly mode emotional. Also I sleep a lot more. I haven't gained weight. I don't have spotting. It did clear my acne. My boobs feel bigger. But I also think I haven't had the negative effects because I've been taking these vitamins from super supplements they have folic acid calcium and all the vitamins the lady at planned parenthood said I would need and when I stopped taking the vitamins for 2 weeks I felt real shitty!!"

Jenlara509 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Great even if i dont take it on time"

Bjfkki August 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I just turn 18 , never been on birth control before and I started taking the pills the first day I got my period. Aug 7. I've been taking the pills everyday around 11:30pm and Im still bleeding August 20th. The m period changed from light to heavy , dark brown to red with blood clots . It's completely horrible"

KekeMalia August 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on Aubra to 1. Avoid any accidents with my partner and 2. Try and clear up my acne. I'd been to dermatologists who prescribed topical creams and oral antibiotics, but nothing helped clear my face. I had it the worst on my chin and forehead, and thought to maybe give BC a try. But after sticking this out for a month I had to stop. I had terrible headaches, dizziness, and was moodier and found myself crying at the slightest things that normally wouldn't have upset me. And, although I took it to clear up my skin, it actually made my skin worse. I had so many more breakouts on my chin than before. So maybe this wasn't the right BC for me, but I am also now nervous to give any other BCs a try."

Ryan Y. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Birth Control "18 years old. 4th month. Some symptoms: sickness (worse right after taking the pill and more around 1-4am), migraines, bad cramps (on and off period), nausea (I still haven't vomited but there are times where I think it'll be more satisfying then feeling like it), my stomach sticks out like a balloon, I've been pretty emotional (I get really sad and have no idea why), I fainted twice and get dizzy often, my body feels weak and I bruise easily, both knees cramp up, but my period is regular and light and my acne has went down.. also I'm not pregnant so that's good too."

An0n97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

Page 1 2 3 Next

More about Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Professional resources