User Reviews for Aubra

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Aubra reviews 5.5 181 reviews

Reviews for Aubra

For Birth Control "I've taken birth control pills since I was 15. I was 22 when I went on Aubra because I had recently gotten into a new relationship. It ruined my life. My acne got so bad I had to go on roaccutance because of it. I have permanent scars on my face and it has given me the worst mood swings. Currently still taking it because I'm on roaccutance, but once my treatment is over I'm switching to another form of BC."

Jenny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I have taken this birth control long enough to know that I never wanna take it again , has majorly effected mentally and emotionally, compulsive emotions and horrible anxiety. I hadn’t read anything about this kind of birth control prior to taking it so I wasn’t aware that others experienced such negative effects , but now I know that quite a few other women have experienced similar side effects and I would not recommend this pill . Overall I have tried multiple times with this medication and each time it has MAJORLY interfered with my well being ."

Anonymous January 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I used Aubra for 11 months to help alleviate my painful periods, acne, and, of course, prevent pregnancy. This pill did give me breast tenderness that seemed to never go away while I was on the pill. I also developed severe mood swings. I would jump from being happy to sad to angry. I did end up bleeding for three weeks straight when I skipped my placebo week and jumped straight into the active pills. Other than that, it did the job of keeping me from getting pregnant. It also cleared up my acne and reduced my period cramps by a lot!"

Car24 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2019

For Birth Control "though I haven't been on aubra very long, I’ve been on it long enough to experience the (very negative) side effects. At first I didn't notice how this pill was affecting me but now, I am definitely realizing how bad it has been! This little pill has graced me with hugely increased anxiety, flat/depressed mood, insomnia, weight gain, more acne, heavier and more painful periods, and headaches. I am switching to a non-hormonal IUD because aubra has messed my body up so much! Do not recommend!"

cececal January 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I started Aubra a year ago and have been taking it almost continuously throughout the year (I took the sugar pills 3 different times, only after I started spotting). It was great at first; it got rid of my horrible period cramps and cleared up my skin. However, I've noticed huge changes in my sexual drive, i.e. I don't have one anymore! This has put a tremendous strain on my long-term relationship as I never EVER want to have sex (I don't even touch myself anymore). The rare times we do have sex, it is uncomfortable/painful for me, which makes me even less interested in sex if that's possible. Nothing else in my life has changed and I'm a healthy, active 26 year old so I'm sure this is due to Aubra. Also, the few times I took a break by taking the sugar pills, I had major mood swings and felt severely depressed. I've decided to stop taking this BC. Having no periods and no unexpected pregnancies is amazing but for me, it's not worth the emotional toll."

KK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2019

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control I’ve ever tried. I had every side effect known to man. monthly yeast infections, violent headaches, also didn't get my period for months with this stuff, yet i still had VERY painful cramps. It gave me depression & made me antsy. i also would have episodes where i’d shake uncontrollably. I’m convinced someone evil handcrafted this stuff. Stay away."

Jasmine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I am now starting my fourth pack of Aubra pills. I was honestly scared to go on birth control since I never been on it. I went to Planned Parenthood and got put on this birth control. I'm 19 and I'm very petite and I have had no bad symptoms from it. The only thing I did notice was my boobs did grow a bit which I was happy because I'm an A cup, but it didn't go up a cup size like other girls have said. Overall, this birth control has done it's job because I'm not pregnant and I really like how I haven't had any bad symptoms from it."

Ana (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on aubra for 3 years and god have I been patient with this ! It started off good I had no side effects at all but then after 2 years I started to have cramps every month two weeks prior my period I would get severe cramps and bloating. Sometimes my breasts would be tender and sore and my legs felt so heavy and sore as well !The only good news from it is that I haven’t gotten pregnant and my skin glows ! Now after 3 years of taking it I’m considering switching from it ."

Lala (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2019

For Birth Control "On a positive note I'm not pregnant and my face is clear of acne, but after using this form of BC for 3 years, I experienced horrible period like cramps while on the active pills, mood swings, and a lack of sex drive. I also gained about 80 pounds which is weird because I have a fairly healthy diet and am quite active."

Asgard (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2018

For Birth Control "Received this birth control from planned parenthood and shortly after taking it I started to have night sweats every night. I also experienced a loss in libido and mood swings. Positives we're that it cleared up my skin and I didn't get pregnant."

Sue (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on the pill for almost a month now and I’ve been getting bad cramps I always feel bloated and nauseous and I’ve gained some weight. And I wouldn’t recommend it but it has made my skin clear up."

Brittany (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Birth Control "Aubra is the first BC I have ever been on. It started out great, 2 months in I started spotting, but by the 3rd month my period was back to normal and fairly light. Now I’m noticing weight gain, bad mood swings, and terrible acne. My breasts have grown quite a bit but are constantly sore. My back also aches now as well. My mood swings are completely unpredictable too. I go from being very irritable and angry to crying and depressed to laughing and happy all within one day. As far as birth control, it is doing its job very effectively, but the side effects are a lot."

reviewer123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this for almost two weeks, haven’t seen any annoying side effects or any bleeding. I only noticed my sense of nose slightly increased. Things seem to be a little strong... other than that it has not given me any problems and I would recommend it. I also receive it from PPP."

sophpi (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I ordered this from a mail order birth control site. I wasn't given an option as to what I was taking, they just sent it to me. The first month I was fine. The second month I started spotting (which I have never done in the 12 years I've had a period). By the time my period rolled around, I was passing blood clots the size of golf balls. I was in the worst pain I've ever been in. My depression and anxiety were amplified x1000 and I cried over everything. My face stayed broken out (I looked like I was on drugs from the scabbing) and I developed seborrheic dermatitis that is just now getting better (2 months after stopping the pills). I'm still seeing abnormal side effects (abnormal for me, anyway) like how emotional I get a few days before my period, the heaviness of my period and how bad my acne gets right before. I've been to the ER and made several emergency doctor's appointments because my period is so bad since I had started and stopped Aubra."

samantha October 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Aubra for 3 months now. Everything was going good until I decided I wanted to skip a period by skipping the sugar pills and going straight into a new pack. Instead I ended up with a light period for 2 weeks and acne around my mouth/chin. I have never had acne my entire life until I got on the birth control. I called planned parenthood where I got prescribed it and they said its normal and acne may last 3 months!!!! I've decided today to get off of it, my face hurts from this acne lol and I do not recommend!"

Rj (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been using Aubra for a little over a year now. I switched from a terrible depo experience that made me gain a lot of weight and made me lose a lot of confidence in myself. As much as I HATE taking pills everyday it’s a great BC and very reliable. No weight gain, mood swings, or depression. I don’t even feel any side effects but I know everyone is different. Glad I gave this a try! Btw doctor said it’s more effective if you don’t take period pills so I switch off about every other month or when I just feel like getting a period."

Drea October 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Aubra about a month and a half ago, but had to stop mid pack due to the side effects. I had no side effects and felt great except for minor mood swings during the whole first month. By the time I started the second pack, I began to have chest pain and extreme nausea. I could barely eat, and had such bad anxiety all day I couldn't leave my house. I had to miss 4 days of work and almost went to the ER every night because of how bad I felt. I had no control over my body and had to stop taking them just to live a normal life again. It got to the point I couldn't even make it to my doctor's appointment due to my anxiety."

Clare541 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

For Birth Control "First birth control type I got from Planned Parenthood, I talked to the nurse as I was afraid of bad side effects. I'm on my 8th month taking this and have seen no side effects throughout the year other than clearer skin. I am so happy with the results."

rxhanniez (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Aubra for over 2 years without an issue. Until I got a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) blood clot!!! Do not recommend this birth control. Do not risk it."

so sad (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2018

For Birth Control "In the last 10 years I have literally tried almost every single method of BC. No matter what, I always end up coming back to Aubra. This was recommended to my by my Nurse Practitioner when I informed her I wanted a really low dosage of hormones so I wouldn't get high mood swings, weight gain, bad periods, etc. And she was right. Even on top of not getting any bad normal side effects with most BCs, this cleared my skin up AMAZING. My skin seriously glows when I'm on this, it's smooth and literally like baby skin. I hardly ever break out and when I do its around my end of cycle and its very mild. It did however make my boobs grow a cup - two cup bigger, which can be a good and bad thing depending on you :p Hope this helps! :)"

HTRAN August 21, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first OC I’ve ever taken and I must say, I loved it. I’m 5’9 and 135lbs and I have long menstrual cycles (every 29-32 days) and bleed for about 7-8 days. My periods have always been slightly irregular and I’ve always had a very heavy flow. The first month of taking Aubra I honestly didn’t notice anything... at all. Actually I was convinced it wasn’t working. Once my period came, it came at the exact time it was suppose to and ended at the exact time. My flow was significantly lighter and I had much less pain and bloating. THE ONLY BAD THING: I attempted to skip my period and go straight to the next pack. NOPE. I BLED FOR A WHOLE MONTH IT FELT LIKE. My period is light enough and manageable enough that I probably won’t be attempting to skip again, but I do and have recommended this to every lady I know that’s interested. I take Aubra as a birth control and it definitely did the job!"

C (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Aubra for a little over 2 years. My doctor made me make the switch because I had a blood pressure reading that was too high so she switched me to a POP pill. I wish I never did! Aubra was a god send and now I am miserable on this new pill (Lyza). With Aubra I had regular periods that lasted maybe 3 days, no acne, weight loss or weight gain. I had some mood swings, slight tenderness in my breasts now and then, and they also grew a size or so- no big deal. But I never experienced cramps, headaches, or any symptoms of nausea! I had it good with Aubra, but... everyone is different! I am going to see if I can switch back. Overall, I would recommend this pill to those who are more sensitive to hormone pills."

Lisa (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control is alright but not what I’m looking for. it definitely didn’t help my acne, and I think it made it worse. It made my boobs tender the first month and I never gained weight. I think i’m going to switch..."

april (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I didn't get pregnant. That was the only positive on this pill, bad (the worst I've ever had) mood swings, no sex drive, spotting and gaining weight to name a few. The first month was fine, the next few were awful to the point I was having mood swings and crying pretty well daily. Off it now and back to normal, a shame because for the first little while I thought it was good :("

Maddi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on almost every kind of birth control over the last 20 years, starting at 16. The best so far have been the copper IUD, but I'm someone who has gotten pregnant with both the Mirena and now the Paraguard. Hopefully I can get a tubal ligation. During my 20s, pills and hormones didn't bother me. Now I'm older I notice anything with hormones affects me physically and mentally. The Aubra has made me very nauseous, but I'm certain it's just me being sensitive to hormones. That being said, it seems like a great pill. I got it through planned parenthood at $26 so that's a huge plus. It's generic so that helps if you don't have insurance. As my doctor told me when I mentioned how often I see bad reviews on certain pills, "no one complains on online forums when they are happy.""

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018