User Reviews for Aubra

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Aubra reviews 5.6 155 reviews

Reviews for Aubra

For Birth Control "This is the first time using Aubra. I have taken the depo and seasonique before and that worked great for me. But for some reason, when I got on Aubra, I felt so nauseous and my first period was normal ,but now at the end of my second pack and I haven't gotten my period yet. Which concerns me because my periods were never irregular. No acne, a little weight gain, but not getting my period makes me worried. I don't like this bc too much and might consider switching. But I still have a pack left so I'll finish it and see what will happen."

Angel345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Aubra for a little over a year and I love it. It’s had no real big issues with it. I’ve missed a pill or so here and there but I always get my period so it’s doing it’s job pretty well. (: Only thing is I would not try to skip your period with these, the one time I did I spotted for two weeks straight."

Hi (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I gave it a 5 because it did its main job-- 8 months in and I'm not pregnant. Even with me taking it late a few times. Otherwise, I am not a fan. The first few months were okay except lack of sex drive. Now I feel nausea, my boobs feel and look like they do during pregnancy, and it caused me to gain some weight. I want to switch but they all kind of suck."

Jess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra for about six months. At first I felt a lot of side effects like nausea, headaches, sore breasts, but also an oddly increased libido. My periods became light and only last a max of four days which is a plus, as I used to regularly bleed through pads and tampons in a couple of hours. However I have experienced random clusters of acne on my chin, forehead, and neck since taking the pill. Another upside/downside for me is the cramps. I used to have excruciating cramps during the week of my period, but now I have persistent cramps for one, sometimes two whole weeks before my period."

Paladin (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 5'4" 150 lbs. Ive been on Aubra for almost 2 months. Haven't had a pregnancy scare and cramps/bloating are lessened, so thats good. However, I am having issues with large single pimples. They aren't really a cluster of acne. These large single pimples are more like mini welts. They're under the skin and painful when touched. There is no pus or anything so it's not like you can 'pop' them. I'm getting them on my neck and chest as well as on my upper back and shoulders. Its summer and I'm forced to wear uncomfortable turtle necks and high neck lined shirts to cover them. Foundation is not enough to cover these beasts :/. I wish I could upload a photo for you all to see. I thought birth control was suppose to help you NOT break out :/. My diet has not changed in 5 years and I started drinking much more water. I also have resorted to using medicated Acne Wash 1x day and Daily Acne Spray 3x day. They have gone down in size, but are still there. NOT CUTE!"

HM June 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on for 3 months and each month my period has been horrendous. This month it came a week early. I've had excruciating cramps and huge clots. Needless to say I won't be taking these anymore!!!!"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve used aubra for around 11 months now and has worked great for me. I used to have a lot of acne and now my skin has cleared up with the occasional one or two pimples but they’re barely noticeable. I also had heavy periods that would last from 7-9 days and they were painful. I would have to wear both pads and tampons and change them every 2-4 hours depending on the day. Now my period lasts 2-3 days and it’s way lighter than before. The pain is still there on the first day but it’s not as bad. I wouldn’t recommend skipping periods though because the last time I did it, I bled for 2 weeks straight."

abbey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Aubra was the worst birth control pill I've been on. Broke out more then ever, was depressed the whole time I was on it. Not until I switch to another birth control pills that I realize it was Aubra that was causing it"

Holan (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For Birth Control "It's my first time taking Aubra. During the active pills I noticed I cry so much more than normal over the smallest things but that's the only inconvenience. Once I started the placebo pills at the end of the pack things got so different my face is breaking out so bad. I get bad headaches so randomly and I start to feel sick at random times of the day. And they make my appetite so much larger so I'm sure I've gained a few pounds. Otherwise it's preventing pregnancy so that's great. Would recommend."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I have taken aubra off and on a year and a half. The first experience with it was great and I had no issues. I have been taking it again for almost 4 months now. The first three months were again without issue but this last month has been torture. But let me explain, I messed up and missed a few days (I wasn't sexually active at the time) and when I got to taking it again it would have been part way through the waiting week pills, so I stupidly decided to skip them all together, waited another day so it would be the beginning of a week, and started back on the regular pills. Bad idea. It messed my hormones up so bad and made my next period so horribly heavy and I had spotting for a week even afterwards. I had read other ladies manipulating the timing of their periods by skipping the placebo week but I do not think aubra is the right pill to do this with. I'm going to continue taking it normally for the next month or so and hopefully it will set everything back on track."

Carly May 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking birth control to see if it could help with my acne, I even told my doctor that I wanted to take birth control specifically so it would help with my acne, for me preventing pregnancy was just a plus. There were a lot of bad side effects such as weight gain, bloating, and sore breasts that lasted the entire cycle. In my second month of using this birth control my skin broke out like never before. I stopped taking it but I’m still dealing with the severe acne after two months off the pill. Worst mistake I made."

Sophos (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

For Birth Control "So, I’ve been taking Aubra for about 5 1/2 to 6 months now. In the first month I noticed a severe lack of appetite and the first two weeks I was extremely nauseous. This was my first time taking any type of birth control and I wasn’t sure if I was going to continue taking it. Month two was where it all got better. I had a normal appetite again and no nauseousness. I get a little moody the last couple days before taking the inactive brown pills, but other than that I feel fine throughout the month. As this is my first time taking birth control, I have nothing else to compare it to, but I seem to do good on it. Now I get light periods for about 4 or 5 days too. I used to have extremely heavy periods that would last well over a week and a half. Everyone is different, but I’d recommend this pill to anyone looking for birth control."

Allison (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control isn't really good or bad in my opinion. I originally was on depo and decided to switch to the pill due to some friends saying it took their acne away and all cramps. Well big mistake. Don't ever take anyones opinion on medicine for you. I have scars all over my face from acne, it gets worse certain times of the month. I have IBS-C (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation) and I'm currently on Medicine for that as well. It messes with my stomach and makes it act up which is why I was worried about having to digest a pill. The depo made me gain around 6 lbs in the 3 months and I've gained 12lb so far being on this pill for 5 months. I'm 18, about 5'8 and was 105lb before I got on bc. I've never been able to gain weight but wow this was all at once and kind of a lot for me. Aside from that I have no sex drive, I get headaches now and I'm thinking of going back on depo because I still get TERRIBLE cramps. It has reduced some bleeding but it still hurts to stand for 2 days which isn't okay since I have a job."

Eh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Took Aubra for about a year and a half. Periods were always regular so no change in that. I started taking the pill around the same time I started college and also being very sexually active so gaining around 15 lbs in the beginning didn’t seem odd. Towards the end I lost around 25 lbs. I was not working out so losing so much weight seemed odd. Headaches turned into migraines, and I seemed to always be in a horrible mood. The thing that really turned me off to this b.c was when my hair started falling out. Noticed it around November, mentioned it to my mom and she told me it could be a side effect from the b.c. December was the last month I took. It’s been almost 5 months and I’m still losing a HAND FULL of hair in the shower. Visited my doctor and she told me hair loss could last up to 6 months. This b.c really has ruined my self esteem."

Maya (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I am at the end of my third month using Aubra, and I am decently happy with it. I am unsure about my family medical history, so my doctor started me on super-low estrogen so we could be sure there were no blood clot issues. I've been having some breakthrough bleeding, but its only the first couple months so I'm going to go three more months and see what happens. Internet research has shown that taking super-low dose bc can cause that, so I'll ask for a higher dose if that persists. I've had almost no side effects, other than my breasts getting a size bigger (which I certainly don't mind) and one day of being a little weepy on the first day of my period. I used to have 7 day, extremely heavy periods with a day of cramping that was painful enough that I would throw up, so a couple days of breakthrough bleeding is nothing that I'd complain about unless it persists. Overalll Aubra has been great, and I'll update about the spotting."

Brooke (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I’d been on it for a couple months and had no problem. Then I started it again for a month. It’s way different. I never felt so many mood swings in such little time. Literally making me cry and just different. People notice it as well and I’ve never had this problem."

Chayo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first BC, and I started taking it at 21 to prevent pregnancy. Been using it for 6 months and never had a scare. I had moderately bad acne before starting, and it reduced it quite a bit. My periods became extremely regular; 28-day cycles as opposed to 35-day ones I had prior. I didn’t gain any weight, but noticed an increase of around one cup size. All in all good BC and I will continue using it."

Ally (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I haven't gotten pregnant after taking this for a year and that is probably the only good thing I have to say about this. I am in my early 30s and I now have acne again, and absolutely no sex drive. Its to the point of ruining my relationship..."

Kelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this birth control for about 3 months and noticed I would be constantly anxious or depressed. I found myself without a drive to do anything whether it be have sex or simply go out. It also made sex painful when I would go dry while enjoying it. It did help with cramps and made my period lighter except for my spotting about a week before. No pregnancies and periods were better"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a year and couple months now. Before I've taken the pill I road the train everyday to work and school with no problems. Now I get sick and nauseous every time. I get very emotional about the simplest things. I cried on the train once because I got off the wrong stop. On top of that my period last 8 days before they were lasting 3-5. I have the same about of cramps. Breast are very tender 2 days before my period. Acne seems like it's never going away. Weight gain . Bloating of stomach kinda. I want to change pills but don't know what to switch too."

Slim March 17, 2018

For Birth Control "First Birth Control I have taken. Started off with frequent irregular periods. I was informed that having frequent periods are normal at first and will return to normal in time which was true, my periods over time became less frequent than my regular ones. I recommend being proactive and taking the pill every day or else your periods may start to be irregular again. I have also noticed frequent breakouts around my chin and cheek areas and I have been feeling very hormonal with frequent, minor headaches."

TheMozeArt March 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Never had bad acne until taking Aubra. It is all over my chin and only lessens slightly during placebo week. I also noticed I have a lower libido and vaginal dryness. Other than that, it lightens my period, and it does what it's supposed to do."

whatsmyname? (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst birth control I've ever taken it's makes me super depressed and emotional I have no sex drive it started at first to clear up my acne but now has increased. I thought the depo was bad this is worse have been taking for about 3 months now and symptoms have been getting worse severe nausea, headaches and the depression has only gotten worse than before I hate this birth control have given it a fair shot and has only been making my life miserable as well as my boyfriend's"

Anonymous February 10, 2018

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control I had ever took, started when I was 18. I had a very irregular period so I was prescribed Aubra, and it worked for the most part. I did not have any crazy side effects, the pill did its job. But after a while, my period started becoming irregular again, which sucked because this is the only birth control I have taken so far that didn't give me any major side effects"

alexisxb February 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this BC about 3 months ago. For the first 2 months, I had terrible headaches every morning. On the 3rd month, they subsided. So that's good. I've noticed that I have gained some weight (about 7lbs), but after reading more on this, I'm hopeful that it might slow down. I haven't gotten pregnant, so I'm happy about that. Also, I've had some pretty bad breakouts. I've never had acne before so it's been a little upsetting. I am going to stick with it for another 3 months or so to see if my body evens out a little."

Anon85 January 29, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

More about Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Aviane, Alesse, Seasonique, Lutera, ... +40 more