User Reviews for Aubra

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Aubra reviews 5.6 166 reviews

Reviews for Aubra

For Birth Control "I’ve been using Aubra for a little over a year now. I switched from a terrible depo experience that made me gain a lot of weight and made me lose a lot of confidence in myself. As much as I HATE taking pills everyday it’s a great BC and very reliable. No weight gain, mood swings, or depression. I don’t even feel any side effects but I know everyone is different. Glad I gave this a try! Btw doctor said it’s more effective if you don’t take period pills so I switch off about every other month or when I just feel like getting a period."

Drea October 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Aubra about a month and a half ago, but had to stop mid pack due to the side effects. I had no side effects and felt great except for minor mood swings during the whole first month. By the time I started the second pack, I began to have chest pain and extreme nausea. I could barely eat, and had such bad anxiety all day I couldn't leave my house. I had to miss 4 days of work and almost went to the ER every night because of how bad I felt. I had no control over my body and had to stop taking them just to live a normal life again. It got to the point I couldn't even make it to my doctor's appointment due to my anxiety."

Clare541 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

For Birth Control "First birth control type I got from Planned Parenthood, I talked to the nurse as I was afraid of bad side effects. I'm on my 8th month taking this and have seen no side effects throughout the year other than clearer skin. I am so happy with the results."

rxhanniez (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Aubra for over 2 years without an issue. Until I got a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) blood clot!!! Do not recommend this birth control. Do not risk it."

so sad (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2018

For Birth Control "In the last 10 years I have literally tried almost every single method of BC. No matter what, I always end up coming back to Aubra. This was recommended to my by my Nurse Practitioner when I informed her I wanted a really low dosage of hormones so I wouldn't get high mood swings, weight gain, bad periods, etc. And she was right. Even on top of not getting any bad normal side effects with most BCs, this cleared my skin up AMAZING. My skin seriously glows when I'm on this, it's smooth and literally like baby skin. I hardly ever break out and when I do its around my end of cycle and its very mild. It did however make my boobs grow a cup - two cup bigger, which can be a good and bad thing depending on you :p Hope this helps! :)"

HTRAN August 21, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first OC I’ve ever taken and I must say, I loved it. I’m 5’9 and 135lbs and I have long menstrual cycles (every 29-32 days) and bleed for about 7-8 days. My periods have always been slightly irregular and I’ve always had a very heavy flow. The first month of taking Aubra I honestly didn’t notice anything... at all. Actually I was convinced it wasn’t working. Once my period came, it came at the exact time it was suppose to and ended at the exact time. My flow was significantly lighter and I had much less pain and bloating. THE ONLY BAD THING: I attempted to skip my period and go straight to the next pack. NOPE. I BLED FOR A WHOLE MONTH IT FELT LIKE. My period is light enough and manageable enough that I probably won’t be attempting to skip again, but I do and have recommended this to every lady I know that’s interested. I take Aubra as a birth control and it definitely did the job!"

C (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Aubra for a little over 2 years. My doctor made me make the switch because I had a blood pressure reading that was too high so she switched me to a POP pill. I wish I never did! Aubra was a god send and now I am miserable on this new pill (Lyza). With Aubra I had regular periods that lasted maybe 3 days, no acne, weight loss or weight gain. I had some mood swings, slight tenderness in my breasts now and then, and they also grew a size or so- no big deal. But I never experienced cramps, headaches, or any symptoms of nausea! I had it good with Aubra, but... everyone is different! I am going to see if I can switch back. Overall, I would recommend this pill to those who are more sensitive to hormone pills."

Lisa (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control is alright but not what I’m looking for. it definitely didn’t help my acne, and I think it made it worse. It made my boobs tender the first month and I never gained weight. I think i’m going to switch..."

april (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I didn't get pregnant. That was the only positive on this pill, bad (the worst I've ever had) mood swings, no sex drive, spotting and gaining weight to name a few. The first month was fine, the next few were awful to the point I was having mood swings and crying pretty well daily. Off it now and back to normal, a shame because for the first little while I thought it was good :("

Maddi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on almost every kind of birth control over the last 20 years, starting at 16. The best so far have been the copper IUD, but I'm someone who has gotten pregnant with both the Mirena and now the Paraguard. Hopefully I can get a tubal ligation. During my 20s, pills and hormones didn't bother me. Now I'm older I notice anything with hormones affects me physically and mentally. The Aubra has made me very nauseous, but I'm certain it's just me being sensitive to hormones. That being said, it seems like a great pill. I got it through planned parenthood at $26 so that's a huge plus. It's generic so that helps if you don't have insurance. As my doctor told me when I mentioned how often I see bad reviews on certain pills, "no one complains on online forums when they are happy.""

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m on third week with these pills and I’m vomiting and bleeding every day! Last three days I didn’t eat anything coz I have no appetite! Also I got 103 fever!!! I’m just lying on the bad all days and I can’t even stand up coz I have no power!!! I’m going to see my doctor tomorrow coz my life became terrible! My mood just so depressed!!! I’m hungry but I can’t eat anything!!!!! Terrible!!!"

Ddddd (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first time using Aubra. I have taken the depo and seasonique before and that worked great for me. But for some reason, when I got on Aubra, I felt so nauseous and my first period was normal ,but now at the end of my second pack and I haven't gotten my period yet. Which concerns me because my periods were never irregular. No acne, a little weight gain, but not getting my period makes me worried. I don't like this bc too much and might consider switching. But I still have a pack left so I'll finish it and see what will happen."

Angel345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Aubra for a little over a year and I love it. It’s had no real big issues with it. I’ve missed a pill or so here and there but I always get my period so it’s doing it’s job pretty well. (: Only thing is I would not try to skip your period with these, the one time I did I spotted for two weeks straight."

Hi (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I gave it a 5 because it did its main job-- 8 months in and I'm not pregnant. Even with me taking it late a few times. Otherwise, I am not a fan. The first few months were okay except lack of sex drive. Now I feel nausea, my boobs feel and look like they do during pregnancy, and it caused me to gain some weight. I want to switch but they all kind of suck."

Jess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Aubra for about six months. At first I felt a lot of side effects like nausea, headaches, sore breasts, but also an oddly increased libido. My periods became light and only last a max of four days which is a plus, as I used to regularly bleed through pads and tampons in a couple of hours. However I have experienced random clusters of acne on my chin, forehead, and neck since taking the pill. Another upside/downside for me is the cramps. I used to have excruciating cramps during the week of my period, but now I have persistent cramps for one, sometimes two whole weeks before my period."

Paladin (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 5'4" 150 lbs. Ive been on Aubra for almost 2 months. Haven't had a pregnancy scare and cramps/bloating are lessened, so thats good. However, I am having issues with large single pimples. They aren't really a cluster of acne. These large single pimples are more like mini welts. They're under the skin and painful when touched. There is no pus or anything so it's not like you can 'pop' them. I'm getting them on my neck and chest as well as on my upper back and shoulders. Its summer and I'm forced to wear uncomfortable turtle necks and high neck lined shirts to cover them. Foundation is not enough to cover these beasts :/. I wish I could upload a photo for you all to see. I thought birth control was suppose to help you NOT break out :/. My diet has not changed in 5 years and I started drinking much more water. I also have resorted to using medicated Acne Wash 1x day and Daily Acne Spray 3x day. They have gone down in size, but are still there. NOT CUTE!"

HM June 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on for 3 months and each month my period has been horrendous. This month it came a week early. I've had excruciating cramps and huge clots. Needless to say I won't be taking these anymore!!!!"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve used aubra for around 11 months now and has worked great for me. I used to have a lot of acne and now my skin has cleared up with the occasional one or two pimples but they’re barely noticeable. I also had heavy periods that would last from 7-9 days and they were painful. I would have to wear both pads and tampons and change them every 2-4 hours depending on the day. Now my period lasts 2-3 days and it’s way lighter than before. The pain is still there on the first day but it’s not as bad. I wouldn’t recommend skipping periods though because the last time I did it, I bled for 2 weeks straight."

abbey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Aubra was the worst birth control pill I've been on. Broke out more then ever, was depressed the whole time I was on it. Not until I switch to another birth control pills that I realize it was Aubra that was causing it"

Holan (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For Birth Control "It's my first time taking Aubra. During the active pills I noticed I cry so much more than normal over the smallest things but that's the only inconvenience. Once I started the placebo pills at the end of the pack things got so different my face is breaking out so bad. I get bad headaches so randomly and I start to feel sick at random times of the day. And they make my appetite so much larger so I'm sure I've gained a few pounds. Otherwise it's preventing pregnancy so that's great. Would recommend."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I have taken aubra off and on a year and a half. The first experience with it was great and I had no issues. I have been taking it again for almost 4 months now. The first three months were again without issue but this last month has been torture. But let me explain, I messed up and missed a few days (I wasn't sexually active at the time) and when I got to taking it again it would have been part way through the waiting week pills, so I stupidly decided to skip them all together, waited another day so it would be the beginning of a week, and started back on the regular pills. Bad idea. It messed my hormones up so bad and made my next period so horribly heavy and I had spotting for a week even afterwards. I had read other ladies manipulating the timing of their periods by skipping the placebo week but I do not think aubra is the right pill to do this with. I'm going to continue taking it normally for the next month or so and hopefully it will set everything back on track."

Carly May 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking birth control to see if it could help with my acne, I even told my doctor that I wanted to take birth control specifically so it would help with my acne, for me preventing pregnancy was just a plus. There were a lot of bad side effects such as weight gain, bloating, and sore breasts that lasted the entire cycle. In my second month of using this birth control my skin broke out like never before. I stopped taking it but I’m still dealing with the severe acne after two months off the pill. Worst mistake I made."

Sophos (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

For Birth Control "So, I’ve been taking Aubra for about 5 1/2 to 6 months now. In the first month I noticed a severe lack of appetite and the first two weeks I was extremely nauseous. This was my first time taking any type of birth control and I wasn’t sure if I was going to continue taking it. Month two was where it all got better. I had a normal appetite again and no nauseousness. I get a little moody the last couple days before taking the inactive brown pills, but other than that I feel fine throughout the month. As this is my first time taking birth control, I have nothing else to compare it to, but I seem to do good on it. Now I get light periods for about 4 or 5 days too. I used to have extremely heavy periods that would last well over a week and a half. Everyone is different, but I’d recommend this pill to anyone looking for birth control."

Allison (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control isn't really good or bad in my opinion. I originally was on depo and decided to switch to the pill due to some friends saying it took their acne away and all cramps. Well big mistake. Don't ever take anyones opinion on medicine for you. I have scars all over my face from acne, it gets worse certain times of the month. I have IBS-C (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation) and I'm currently on Medicine for that as well. It messes with my stomach and makes it act up which is why I was worried about having to digest a pill. The depo made me gain around 6 lbs in the 3 months and I've gained 12lb so far being on this pill for 5 months. I'm 18, about 5'8 and was 105lb before I got on bc. I've never been able to gain weight but wow this was all at once and kind of a lot for me. Aside from that I have no sex drive, I get headaches now and I'm thinking of going back on depo because I still get TERRIBLE cramps. It has reduced some bleeding but it still hurts to stand for 2 days which isn't okay since I have a job."

Eh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Took Aubra for about a year and a half. Periods were always regular so no change in that. I started taking the pill around the same time I started college and also being very sexually active so gaining around 15 lbs in the beginning didn’t seem odd. Towards the end I lost around 25 lbs. I was not working out so losing so much weight seemed odd. Headaches turned into migraines, and I seemed to always be in a horrible mood. The thing that really turned me off to this b.c was when my hair started falling out. Noticed it around November, mentioned it to my mom and she told me it could be a side effect from the b.c. December was the last month I took. It’s been almost 5 months and I’m still losing a HAND FULL of hair in the shower. Visited my doctor and she told me hair loss could last up to 6 months. This b.c really has ruined my self esteem."

Maya (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

More about Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Alesse, Aviane, Lutera, Seasonique, ... +42 more