User Reviews for Vimovo

8.7

Ankylosing Spondylitis

Summary of Vimovo reviews 8.1 22 reviews

Reviews for Vimovo

For Osteoarthritis "I'm 41 yrs old with severe dibiliating pain. Arthritis, osteoarthritis, hip impingement, severe Degenerative disc disease (DDD), you name it I probably have it. Recently diagnosed with Scheurmann's disease (another spine problem) or kyphosis as some people may know it. My pain has diminished. Along with my other slew of medications, got rid of the meloxicam and started Vimovo. I just wanted to give up on things. I'm a very active mother of 3 and have grand children. The very 1st day my doctor gave me the samples even I felt relief. Usually by 6 or 7pm I'm ready to rest and put my feet up in my recliner. Now I feel so much better its an amazing relief. 8 years I've been in pain but it has gotten progressively worse within the last 2 years. Without Vimovo who knows what or where I would be. If you are suffering like I was, ask your doctor about thus medicine. I also have GERD and it is easier on the stomach. Good luck to all"

Younggma (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have had no negative effects to date (3 months). It has improved my energy and mobility. I hope I can keep on taking it. The way I felt before and how I feel now - I have got my life back."

NoBrexit November 30, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "The pill itself works wonderfully. However, the horrible gas, indigestion, frequent urination and chest pains are not worth it to me. I literally thought I was having a heart attack for hours. I took nearly 12 antacid pills to see if it was gas. Although I was some what relieved it was a terrifying experience. You really do have to choose your battles. The pain in my knee and back diminished but the chest pains. Deep sigh."

PJoyce (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "Taking this isn't much different to taking nothing - I feel only very slight pain relief at best, but at least there are no side effects. Could this be a placebo?"

Puffin Muffin (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My bone Dr gave me this and it gave me great relief for my lupus arthritis and my rheumy took me off of it like over a year later due to bp issues...6 months Now I'm a misery my inflammation is rampant and I ask to start taking it again - fingers crossed. I'm highly sensitive bp wise to prednisone so I can't go up on it:("

Inflamed April 3, 2017

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Was given this medication to relieve the pain in my spine but instead I started having sleepless nights unable to get comfortable without severe pain to roll over. Bowels started to back up. Swollen hands and feet, I was unable to wear my rings because water pills would not help give relief. I had a blood rash across my face and swollen eyes and started bruising with every little bump of hitting something. I started throwing up 10 hours after I took my morning pill and would throw up everything from dinner the night before and breakfast from the current day. I started throwing up the pill with only the outer layer missing 10 hours or so after taking it about 12 days into starting this med. I would not recommend this for anyone!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "After 8 days of taking this Med I have gained 4 pounds. Swelling in my feet and bruising. I got complete relief from pain but I am experiencing too many side effects. I won't be taking this Med any longer."

MissRocky (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I've had rheumatoid and osteoarthritis since I was eight years of age. Now I have ankylosing spondylitis and stay in constant pain from the three. My doctor gave me a trial size bottle of Vimovo to try , and immediately the same day I felt life changing results! I hadn't felt so good and revived in decades. The unfortunate result was that it was so expensive I could not afford it. I would recommend this drug to any and everyone who has any or all of the diseases I have!"

Selina Price (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I've been on medication for arthritis for years and every medicine prescribed has made me sick to my stomach and given me heart burn until Vimovo. I've been taking it for about 6 months. No side effects and it works! I'm very happy with it."

Jeannie marie November 2, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I haven't slept through the night in over a year due to back stiffness. I've been on this medication for four days and I can't tell you happy and rested I am! I highly recommend this medication for AS."

CarlyL (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "This pill worked great for me ..I had terrible knee pain and could hardly walk, but then I was feeling bad and found out my platelets dropped from 152 to 77 taking this medecine.. I had to stop.."

summer day August 22, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "This is the ONLY medication that helped with my inflammation, plus guarding my stomach issues. I so wish my insurance would cover it now. But a couple of years ago said it would no longer cover it, and there were no co-pay cards at that time."

souppanner (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Horrible experience. Took for 14 days as directed and by day 11 There was blood in my bowel movements. Days 12 and 13 had me doubled over with severe stomach pains and watery diarrhea up to ( no exaggeration...18 times a day) I figured that it was from this new medication and stopped immediately. Stomach pain subsided but now need a colonoscopy to be sure that I am ok. Also gained 8 pounds in these 2 weeks. Really helped with my hip pain but no thanks...... I'd rather deal with hip pain than this nightmare."

dnsjns July 26, 2016

"This medication made me SO sick that I literally could not sit still. I felt better lying down but when I sat up, I had to rock because I felt so miserable. I don't even remember if it helped with the pain. If I could give it a 0 rating, I would. The concept is brilliant but it was not for me at all. I have taken Aleve (Naproxen) alone and as long as I eat enough when I take it, I'm fine. I have never taken Nexium (Esomeprazole). Maybe it was the Nexium that didn't agree with me or maybe I didn't eat enough before taking the medicine or maybe a combination of the 2. I took it when it was new on the market. I was sick for about 3 days after taking and stopping this medication."

aew1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I am 49. I have severe osteoarthritis, and no pain medication before Vimovo could touch the pain. Opiates in high doses worked, but I'd be a vegetable! I also have GERD, which made taking medicines difficult. Without Vimovo, I simply could not walk, work, play with my children, etc. No side effects for me. The cost is prohibitive for many, I'd think. Without insurance, I would never be able to afford it."

HHR October 8, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I noticed pain relief right away using this medicine, along with my other pain meds. A good medicine for inflammation."

Ifeelgreat (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2014

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Not nauseous as I was with previous medication taken."

IEN (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I'm still new to this medication, but it has been life-changing! I am able to do things that have been impossible the last few years, thanks to Vimovo. Methotrexate made me sick, Celebrex caused heart palpitations, but -- so far -- no side effects from the Vimovo. I highly recommend anyone with rheumatoid arthritis ask his/her doctor about using it as a possible treatment method!"

RAgal April 3, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "This has been helpful, thank goodness. Previously used Celebrex or meloxicam, which was once a day. Though this new medicine is prescribed two times day, I have found I can often pass on the second dose. Got a copay card from doctor, so no cost."

2tall November 21, 2013

"Unfortunately I believe that Vimovo may have caused severe gastrointestinal problems. SEVERE Heartburn, diahhrea, nausea, bloating, bad taste in mouth."

Anonymous January 24, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "No more diarrhea. Excellent pain relief. Vimovo is great."

Anonymous January 18, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "First time I have been pain-free for at least two years."

jepps October 27, 2011

For NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis "Very Happy. Vimovo worked just as the Doctor ordered. Best of all, NO STOMACH ACHES AFTER."

Mark9843 August 8, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "Excellent for pain relief of my hands and knees with no more stomach upset. No side effects noted. Great medicine."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

"Used to get lots of stomach upset taking Aleve for extended periods. No more with Vimovo."

Anonymous June 8, 2011