User Reviews for Vimovo to treat Osteoarthritis

Vimovo Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 190 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Vimovo

Ginno · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2020

“I just got these tablets today from my doctor on the prescription because of long period migraines. I had these tablets in 2017 and they did not help me. I don't know why they gave me the same tablets???I feel like a lab rat.”

galsal · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 12, 2020

“I was prescribed this drug to relieve my various joint pains due to arthritis. I've had a sensitive stomach for years so was never able to tolerate more than a few doses of the usual anti-inflammatory drugs, and have a sulpha allergy which rules out Mobic and Celebrex, so I was happy to be able to give this a try. It REALLY helped my pain, and I suffered no stomach upset, etc. on the 6 weeks I was on it. However, during that time I experienced an increase in "occular migraines", including 3 within 2 hours! I've experienced them for about 20 years but very few and far between. The only thing which changed in that time period was the Vimovo, so after the last one I stopped taking it. I don't really know if the Vimovo was the cause but don't want to take any chances.”

JMNC December 2, 2019

“Doctor switched me to Vimovo from Meloxicam after I complained of weight gain. I've been taking Vimovo for about 2 months and have had little to no relief of pain in my legs. If anything I feel more pain and discomfort. My legs are so sore and achey they feel like they're made of cement. I even asked the pharmacist if I could take additional Aleve or other pain med. Now in the process of discontinuing Vimovo. Especially since insurance won't cover the cost.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

“Took this pill just thrice in 2 days for foot and ankle pain . Omg. This pill is so strong on stomach. I am up all night as I type. Bloating so much makes me look like I am pregnant. Also the upper stomach burn is as if i consumed acid. Wondering if i should dispose this pill in hazardous material waste or what. Wow it hurts. Can’t even think of my actual foot pain.”

ian · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

“Vimovo gave me no pain relief at all on it for 2 weeks no side effects.”

Sunny · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

“Absolute worst stomach pains ever -upper stomach - I thought they were suppose to guard against stomach distress. Stopped medication and it took 4 days for my stomach to return to normal. Never had that problem with the far less expensive OTC Aleve - did less for my pain then Advil - never again, will not recommend this medication, it will cause you ulcers not prevent them.”

Becca · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

“Have been on Meloxicam for approx. 2.5 months for hip pain. Ortho Doc decided to put me on Vimovo. Took my first dose on a Friday morning. By Sunday morning wasn't feeling well in my stomach. Decided not to take Sunday night pill. Then the diarrhea started on Monday. OMG! Stomach pain, so far 3 days of watery stools, gas (both ends). Went to Gastro doc yesterday and they have me set up for a slew of tests but...I'm really wondering if the Vimovo didn't cause all of this. I did have 1 bloody stool on Thursday before I started taking Vimovo but none since. So it could be something else...but I'm not ever taking Vimovo again. To much of a coincidence!”

Joe May 3, 2019

“Vimovo was no use for pain relief (OA)”

Wils · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2018

“I have only taken 2 pills!! One last night and one this morning...I have had the worse stomach pains and diarrhea ever in life! I rather have the agony. I was given it from my stand in nurse/doctor he told me it was new to the books. Why did I even try to take it. I will not take it agin.”

Smiling · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2018

“I think it's helping my shoulder but I feel incredibly lightheaded. I don't think I will be able to continue as I need my mind to work. Very spacey.”

Younggma · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2018

“I'm 41 yrs old with severe dibiliating pain. Arthritis, osteoarthritis, hip impingement, severe Degenerative disc disease (DDD), you name it I probably have it. Recently diagnosed with Scheurmann's disease (another spine problem) or kyphosis as some people may know it. My pain has diminished. Along with my other slew of medications, got rid of the meloxicam and started Vimovo. I just wanted to give up on things. I'm a very active mother of 3 and have grand children. The very 1st day my doctor gave me the samples even I felt relief. Usually by 6 or 7pm I'm ready to rest and put my feet up in my recliner. Now I feel so much better its an amazing relief. 8 years I've been in pain but it has gotten progressively worse within the last 2 years. Without Vimovo who knows what or where I would be. If you are suffering like I was, ask your doctor about thus medicine. I also have GERD and it is easier on the stomach. Good luck to all”

NoBrexit November 30, 2017

“I have had no negative effects to date (3 months). It has improved my energy and mobility. I hope I can keep on taking it. The way I felt before and how I feel now - I have got my life back.”

Puffin Muffin · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2017

“Taking this isn't much different to taking nothing - I feel only very slight pain relief at best, but at least there are no side effects. Could this be a placebo?”

MissRocky · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2017

“After 8 days of taking this Med I have gained 4 pounds. Swelling in my feet and bruising. I got complete relief from pain but I am experiencing too many side effects. I won't be taking this Med any longer.”

Jeannie marie November 2, 2016

“I've been on medication for arthritis for years and every medicine prescribed has made me sick to my stomach and given me heart burn until Vimovo. I've been taking it for about 6 months. No side effects and it works! I'm very happy with it.”

dnsjns July 26, 2016

“Horrible experience. Took for 14 days as directed and by day 11 There was blood in my bowel movements. Days 12 and 13 had me doubled over with severe stomach pains and watery diarrhea up to ( no exaggeration...18 times a day) I figured that it was from this new medication and stopped immediately. Stomach pain subsided but now need a colonoscopy to be sure that I am ok. Also gained 8 pounds in these 2 weeks. Really helped with my hip pain but no thanks...... I'd rather deal with hip pain than this nightmare.”

HHR October 8, 2015

“I am 49. I have severe osteoarthritis, and no pain medication before Vimovo could touch the pain. Opiates in high doses worked, but I'd be a vegetable! I also have GERD, which made taking medicines difficult. Without Vimovo, I simply could not walk, work, play with my children, etc. No side effects for me. The cost is prohibitive for many, I'd think. Without insurance, I would never be able to afford it.”

Ifeelgreat · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2014

“I noticed pain relief right away using this medicine, along with my other pain meds. A good medicine for inflammation.”

Anonymous January 18, 2012

“No more diarrhea. Excellent pain relief. Vimovo is great.”

jepps October 27, 2011

“First time I have been pain-free for at least two years.”

Anonymous August 3, 2011

“Excellent for pain relief of my hands and knees with no more stomach upset. No side effects noted. Great medicine.”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)