User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Gianvi, Loryna, Nikki, Ocella, Syeda, Vestura, Yaela, Yasmin, Yaz, Zarah

Learn more about Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 83 reviews 44 medications

Menstrual Disorders 86 reviews 71 medications

6.1
Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol reviews 1041 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "It was horrible for me! It sank me into a VERY deep depression after being on it for a few months. I stayed in bed crying all night for no reason. I stopped taking it and the depression was gone. I would NEVER take Yaz ever again!"

Jane D March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I'm on Yaz for 18 days now. I struggled with a sudden constant acne breakout on my chin (hormones). Doctor prescribed Yaz, especially to help with the acne. I am very happy with how the pill improved my skin. I've noticed I can't drink the pill on a empty stomach (otherwise I am really nauseous). The only side effect I experience is the constant swelling of breasts. Some days it's very sensitive other days not. Yaz workers differently for every person."

Marinds (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was really shocked when I read some of the reviews about this pill. I've been using it for almost 3 years. I've never experienced something negative about it. I felt the same as before emotionally, no changes in moods, nothing. The only thing that changed is that my periods are shorter and now I don't have to use drugs to prevent menstrual cramps, because there are none. My skin has been always clear, even before taking pills. Honestly, there is nothing bad to say about my experience with it."

Akali (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I am almost 25 years old and have been taking Yaz or Beyaz for the past 4 years. I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 14 and have tried various other birth controls with no relief of my endometriosis. When my doctor prescribed Yaz I was hesitant at first because of the commercials talking about blood clots but decided to try it anyway. Yaz and Beyaz have literally been life savers for me. I used to have cramps so bad I was unable to attend school or work. My periods would also be a full week long and heavy bleeding the entire time. Since getting on Yaz I do still have some cramping but it is manageable with midol. My periods are now 3 days long, with only one day that's heavier. I don't have any complaints!"

Britt402 March 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on the Yasmin pill for about 8 months now and I've turned into a diffferent person, hormonal, angry, I cry pretty much every day. I would not recommend this pill ladies. So many other options. This pill is literally the devil"

Sophiesheu March 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Been on for a month and totally love it. Skin is clear, no weight changes, and actually my mood is a little better overall."

Mel772211 March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on the yaz contraceptive pill for only around 6-8 months, but it was the worst experience. I complained about acne to my doctor and she recommended it, but I did not notice a drastic difference in my breakouts while on the pill. I had been on alesse for 2 years before switching to yaz so I was well aware of some of the side affects to birth control pill use. When I switched to yaz I honestly felt miserable and immediately noticed my sex drive decreased drastically and I had low energy all the time. I had never felt that way while on alesse and I thought perhaps it was only a side effect to just starting the new pill. However, in the entire time I was taking yaz my mood did not change and I felt it best to switch back to alesse."

lii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on Yaz for about 3 weeks now and I am an emotional wreck, but all birth controls that I have been on have had me like this. My face is clearing up I think and my hair is growing, but my emotions get the best of me. I feel like a crazy person crying one minute and fine the next. I get upset over the smallest things and I hate it. Also, My sex drive is super low. This sucks honestly"

Myy March 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This has been the best pills I have used. They have helped me lose weight, no hair lost instead it has been growing, no mood swings, no depression."

MarielP March 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I'm 26 years old and have been using Yaz as a contraceptive for 1 year now (2016-2017). I had been taking it previously from 2013-2014 (prescribed to me 1st, for menstrual cramps and oily/hormonal breakout skin). I was completely off Yaz in 2015 after noticing extreme side effects and am sharing this to let women know they're not alone in this whirlwind of emotion this Pill brings along. I must say that it indeed cleared my skin and turned my menstrual flow into hardly anything and for 2 days only. Cramps still come... It started off with a noticeable shift in controlling anger/getting irritated really quickly. Then emotions heightening, most turning into major emotional breakdowns and then SEVERE anxiety."

Rikki_South Africa March 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been taking Yasmin for 8 years (with a 10 month break after 5 years). I stopped to have a baby, pregnant within the first month off the pill and back on it right after birth. This pill has been great! Clear skin, no weight gain or side effects. I think people starting any pill will have a rough beginning but give it a chance. All body types are different so nothing works for everyone.... But this worked great for me."

Palsar7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Loryna (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "So far I've only been on Loryna for a month now but I think I need to find a new brand. I was prescribed this because my acne has been terrible for the past 6 months and since going on it nothing has gotten any better in fact my chin actually looks worse. However, my biggest problem is the mood changes. I snap at everything and I'm always angry. I'm never like this, I've always had an amazing relationship with my parents and since going on the pill they've threatened to kick me out because of how bad my mood has been. Additionally, since going on the pill I've had my period the entire month, I'm not sure if that is normal or not but I'm tired of all the negative side effects."

Find another BC March 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zarah (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was never on any birth control before I started Zarah. I waited until I was 23 to lose my virginity and had long since been thinking of getting on something. Myself and my boyfriend aren't the biggest fans of condoms. I had irregular periods, sometimes they showed up late or every 3 weeks instead of 4, the periods lasting no less than 5 days and going up to 8 days. When I started the Zarah, I was a little extra hormonal for good reason but was okay and all good by the 2nd month. My periods from then on were every 4 weeks and I couldn't have asked for more. At the moment, I recently stopped taking the pill and got on a longer form of birth control. I used the pill for nearly 3 years with little to no problems, just never forget a pill"

AbCdEfGhIjKlMnOpQrStUvWxYz2010 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vestura (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on Vestura for a little over 6 months. I went on it because I had irregular periods and bad acne, especially on my back and chest. My periods are no longer irregular and are much lighter too. I would say that my acne is about 90% clearer now; my chest and back acne is basically gone, but I've been noticing some breakouts on my face lately. I haven't noticed any major mood swings or changes in my mood. However, I do think that my appetite has changed while on this pill. The past few months I've noticed that foods that I used to eat regularly, normally for breakfast or lunch, now seem like the least appetizing things in the world."

Hjg720 March 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I found this pill at the start to be amazing and fit me to the best. But later discovered it is not for me.. I'm now switching pills to see if I can bring back my old self. I have taken YAZ for 14 months and am now taking my month which will make it 15 months. To say I'm tired is not the word and shifting weight is near impossible. I have exercised and dieted with nothing more than a pound gained or the scale not moving. I also have in between bleeding. After taking the 15th day I am guaranteed brown discharge and then some spotting, which I shouldn't be getting. My period now as been the worse I have ever gotten in a long time."

ElleBells (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I don't recommend this pill. Caused a massive hairloss , I lost my beautiful thick hair , I'm nearly bald. The biggest nightmare of my life , never again."

vdsvbgfb March 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This is the worst drug I have ever taken. Two weeks after taking it my breast swell up they wore so painful I can hardly work... I had problems bleeding last night and I feel most of my body itching... my waist hurts... my energy levels are so low it feel like I am so sick... I feel cold and depressed .... I never feel so bad"

Maria Georgieva (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Loryna (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I had very bad PMDD and Loryna cleared all my symptoms including; awful headaches, acne, severe mood swings, literally the whole package. I've been on it for three years and it has been great. I am also sexually active and have had no scares. I start my pill pack on a Tuesday and I never have my period on a weekend. It's amazing!"

Best BC for me (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "Since my early teens, I have endured horrible cystic acne covering my face, back, and chest. After trying various vitamins, creams, and dieting strategies, at 17 I started taking a low-estrogen pill. My acne flared up even worse. I then diagnosed myself with producing large amounts of the male hormone androgen and switched to Gianvi at 18. I have been on this pill for roughly 4 or 5 months, and have noticed a significant skin change. Instead of producing large cysts, I now have smaller pimples and for that, I am incredibly grateful. However, I now have the average amount of estrogen in my system, and so, for this reason, I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT weight change. I diet meticulously, and yet I have gained 15 pounds! Will be switching pills"

Veronica L. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Hi! I've been taking YAZ since 2008 and I've had no issues at all! Very clear skin, no weight gain, little to no period, no changes in my personality or mood... nothing! Only time I came off was when we were TTC :-)"

Beth1990 February 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zarah (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I switched from Lutera to Zarah because I developed PMDD and was constantly enraged and snapping on all my friends, boyfriend, and family the few days before my period. Zarah has drospirenone as its progesterone and is proven to help calm some of the effects of PMDD and other anxiety. I am so grateful for this birth control! I'm not pregnant either, my breasts went up to a 32DD, and my acne is slightly better than it was before."

olivestaff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I have been on Yasmin for a few years and I will never come off it now. I tried so many different things to clear up my cystic acne. I had it for about 5 years mainly on my jaw line and nothing got rid of it. I tried different topical treatments, face washes, not wearing make up and different pills but nothing worked. Within a month or so of being on Yasmin I noticed I wasn't getting any big spots. My skin was clearing up majorly and It has been a life saver since. I get the odd spot here and there now but I can deal with that."

Sm2295 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "I took yaz when I was 18-20 with no issues at all. I'm now 27 and I was recently diagnosed with pcos, so I was prescribed yaz / gianvi to help with the side effects. I don't really have an irregular period, but more of the hormonal side effects. I took gianvi for one month with no weight gain, no nausea, but I had TERRIBLE migraines. It was truly debilitating. One was for at least 5 days. It got worse every time I took the pill, because I wasn't sure they were related until the 4th night of the migraine. I stopped taking it and the migraine stopped. Also, I had no sex drive for the entire month of taking this pill and really bad hot flashes and vag dryness. Pros: I had really clear skin & didn't get preg"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I use Yasmin 28 for both acne and birth control, and it has been a life-saver! My PCP put me on Tri-Lo Sprintec, and I broke out horribly before it got better. I had new whiteheads on my cheeks and other places I had never broken out before. Right when my skin started clearing up after a few months, my OBGYN put me on Yasmin and said since it was a monophasic pill, it would work better for my skin and needs. I haven't had a new zit in about 3 weeks. I also have not had any of the side effects other than moodiness, and I do get thirsty and have dry mouth after taking it, but those are minor compared to acne! I definitely recommend this."

Rae-Roo February 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Loryna (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on this BC for a month now, the first week was a little bumpy with emotions. I highly recommend giving it a week before making your decision on whether or not to stick with it. I'm back to my normal self now, I feel good and don't notice any side effects what-so-ever. My face is clear, sex drive normal. Overall, highly satisfied with this birth control."

siemor February 17, 2017