User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Gianvi, Loryna, Nikki, Ocella, Syeda, Vestura, Yaela, Yasmin, Yaz, Zarah

Learn more about Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 83 reviews 44 medications

6.1
Menstrual Disorders 82 reviews 71 medications

Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol reviews 995 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Hi I'm 43 year my PMDD become worse the older I get. I use to be a bit moody 2 days before my cycle, now I'm a raving lunatic 1 week before and 2 days into the cycle. Only to start again before I enter the ovulation phase. I feel happy go lucky maybe 1 week per month the rest of the time I can't stand being me. I'm starting YAZ today wish me luck. I'll report back in a few weeks."

:) January 14, 2017

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I have been taking Yaz for 2 weeks now. I get breakouts but they go away quickly and come back. I was still willing to give it a chance. I am stopping because I have become depressed, exhausted, negative and I over analyze things which means I over react and I'm very emotional. This is affecting my relationship and my work. I feel overwhelmed."

Dwarest January 13, 2017

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I took Yaz for 3 days and stopped immediately after that. On the 3rd day of taking Yaz, I experienced numbness and tingling in my left arm and hand. I felt some heart palpitations, but then it stopped. On day 4, I woke up still feeling that numbness and tingling, and started to feel my heart race so quickly, I also got shortness of breath. I felt sick, so I went to my pharmacist who told me to stop the pill and see a doctor. At this point, I started to feel a little better. I went to the medical clinic and saw a doctor who checked my heart rate, which turned out to be elevated. The rest of the check up was ok, said to go to hospital if Inhave bad reactions again. So sorry that I took this pill in the first place."

Abs80 January 13, 2017

Loryna (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "I highly dislike this BC! My doctor prescribed me Loryna because I have PCOS causing irregular periods. So I decided to try so that I can regulate my period & it has been hell! I have been really emotional, literally crying about everything. I get really crazy break downs to where I'll sit in my car & cry for almost an hour. I fight with my husband over the most stupid things. & I over think about everything. Because of being depressed I turned to marijuana to cope. It is not me to feel depressed or to feel as if I wanna hurt myself. & the first time I got my period my cramps were so painful to where I didn't want to move. I had a huge blood clot that came out which never happens. Ever since taking this pill my face has been covered in acne"

mvbgx January 11, 2017

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I used another generic brand Vestura for several months and noticed my adult acne improving greatly as an added benefit. I switched to Gianvi because of insurance and lower prices at another pharmacy. I will be going back to Vestura ASAP. My hormonal acne has gotten incredibly worse since the switch with 2 - 5 pimples every month. On Vestura, I barely had a single pimple monthly. All generics are not created equal"

Joy16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2017

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been taking Ocella for about a year now. It has controlled my breakthrough bleeding, but the last few months I've been experiencing EXTREME mood swings, depression, anxiety, anger/rage... I don't know myself. Friends/Family notice too. I am stopping this pill today. I have a call in to my OB. I feel like I'm going crazy!"

Jszkat (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2017

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "I am 18 and the last year I have been developing ovarian cysts. Pretty painful periods were an everyday thing for me but a week ago it got worse with my period. I was on the 4th day and I was still bleeding a lot. My mother decided we should go to the gyno and I had an ovarian cysts again around 4cm!! Since a pill I had used once that helped shrink the cysts discontinued I had to begin taking birth control pills. I started yasmin 4 days ago and my breasts feel stiff and today m y eyes are kinda swollen but in general nothing worse considering dangerous. Those pills do affect your hormones and body you can't expect amazing results without a drawback or two. I will be taking Yasmin for a month around, will update soon."

Anonymous January 7, 2017

Zarah (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Was originally on TriNessa and hated it; Tri made me extremely emotional and I started breaking out in cysts. Been on Zarah for a little over a month and all of my cysts are gone. My old acne scars are clearing up and my emotions are very stable now. Sarah's packaging is cute (as if that matters, lol) and it's super easy to use. Although everyone reacts differently, Zarah was perfect for me and I recommend it to everyone."

Viva111 January 6, 2017

For Acne: "I am on my 4 week of this medication and I would have to say its the only thing that has ever worked for my acne. I've probably tired every over the counter acne medication with no results. I'm 23 years old and this is my first time ever being on birth control. I would have pimples on my chin, jaw line, cheeks, chest and my back. I've haven't have not even 1 new break out in the last 3 weeks. Everyone's body is different but its definitely worth a try."

Anissa C. January 4, 2017

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been on Yasmin for 10 years, yes 10 and I am finally getting the guts to change contraception. My periods themselves are a complete breeze, light enough, minimal cramping, but the gap between the last pill in my pack and my period actually coming is horrendous. As a teen and in my early 20s it made me really down but just for a day, one day felt like the trade-off for not getting pregnant and I accepted it, now it's crippling migraines that effect my ability to function. Along with no sex drive. Fear of pregnancy, bad doctors and lack of education kept me suffering for years. Know your body and stand your ground. It might work for some but know when it's not working for you!"

Natcat90 January 4, 2017

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been on Ocella about 5 weeks now. Worst decision I ever made. I have been having heavy uncontrollable bleeding, terrible stomach pain, fatigue, nauseous and migraines. I informed my OB and I have a appointment set for tomorrow. Fingers crossed that something else will help. I have been miserable ever since I've started Ocella."

Anonymous January 3, 2017

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I've been on Yasmin for about a month and a half now. I didn't experience any side effects for the first two weeks of taking it, and then gradually I started feeling more moody, irritable and depressed. My sex drive also went away around the time it would normally be in overdrive. I haven't gotten any acne from this pill, nor weight gain. I did notice that I wasn't nearly as crazy just before my period like normal, so it has helped with actual PMDD so far. I'm now halfway through my second month on it, and it actually seems better so far. My sex drive has improved and I haven't been moody or depressed. Still no acne or weight gain. I think this pill just takes time to adjust to your body for some people."

Yasmin User (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2017

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Was an effective form of birth control and cleared up my acne spectacularly; however, I started getting horrible migraines during the week I was not taking the hormones. My hands and left side of my face would go numb, I would get nauseous, and I would be incapable of doing anything but lie there because I could not fall asleep because of the pain."

Cleared acne, but migraines January 1, 2017

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I was prescribed this pill to treat PMS however, taking this medication was the worst experience of my life. It alleviated anxiety but it made me severely depressed and paranoid. I am a fairly active person and I would go running every day. As soon as I began to take the pill I lost motivation to do the things I enjoyed and it got to the point where I did not even want to leave the house. I also almost lost my job over it. I tried to quit three times in one week and luckily my employer would not let me end my career and encouraged me to stay. Taking this medication also damaged my relationships with my friends and my partner and almost costed me my relationship. Please do not take this medication. "

Bianca1987 December 28, 2016

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "The only reason why I am giving it 2 stars is because it did clear my acne better than any product I have ever used. I got on it after my mirena was removed 4 months ago and it's the only pill form of birth control I have ever taken. However, as soon as I am done with my red pills I will not be taking it anymore. It has made me a lunatic. I am so bipolar/emotionally unstable/depressed its not even funny!! I am destroying my relationship with my mood swings/instability. I'll be okay for a day or two and then I start feeling crazy again. I cry constantly for no reason. I'm even having nightmares almost every night. Hopefully switching to a different pill will help."

RACHAEL0627 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I am 28 years old and started breaking out severely a few years back. I tried every OTC acne medication and cleanser. I finally went to the dermatologist and was diagnosed with hormonal acne. I was prescribed Ocella and tretinoin cream. I've been using both since April 2015, however I noticed that as long as I take my Ocella everyday I do not need the tretinoin cream so I haven't used it in a couple months. My skin is such much better and I have to remember to take my pill every day because the hormones wear off after 24 hours and I'll break out if I miss it two days in a row. Otherwise this medication has been heaven sent. "

Desiw1988 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2016

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Worst mistake of my life. I was on Yaz for 3 months, my acne is worse than ever, I gained a lot of weight, my mental health has never been so bad - anxiety, depression, my self esteem is so low it's terrifying. I would not recommend this medication to anyone - but I understand everyone is different and some have had great experiences with Yaz. Unfortunately I was not one of them."

Chelle Seay December 24, 2016

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Going on Yasmin was absolutely horrible. I only lasted a week because it made me feel horribly depressed. I felt like crying all the time and just wanted to lie down and stare at the wall. It also made me nauseous all the time. Within a couple days I had multiple large zits, and I usually have minimal acne. It also killed my libido. After I stopped the pill I had two separate periods within a week of each other, and it messed with my hormones so much that I cried every day for a month straight. I will never take this Yasmin ever again."

Unhappy customer December 24, 2016

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This was my first pill I have ever tried, and it was by far the worst one. Depression is a silent killer, no sex drive, tired, weight gain. It was not healthy for me, when I quit it I felt much better and became myself again, not worth it."

J.xo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2016

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started taking Yaz BC pills when I was 16 Years old. I am now 18 and still taking them and they have been a MIRACLE! When I was 16, I had LOTS of small, red acne all over my face, I tried and tried and tried with many topical creams to help reduce it and make them vanish, but nothing worked. (Although Benzyl Peroxide did help my acne on my forehead, but my cheeks/chin/mouth area was still horrible). My doctor prescribed me Yaz, and it honestly was the best decision. I started noticing my pimples vanishing after the first month of taking it. The only downside about this pill for me is, I am now 18 and have horrible mood swings. I get mad at people for no reason, and cry over nothing. After 2 years, I am gonna take a break from taking it."

Dxo December 23, 2016

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on Yaz for 2 months and started to become anxious, paranoid, and depreesed. I asked my doc to get off it and she told me to give it more time. I got off it, nevertheless, because I did not need it. My life improved dramatically over the next 6 months. I started dating again, so I decided to give the pill another shot. I started to be anxious and insecure immediately. I started believing and accusing the person I was seeing of not being into me and got upset at him over the littlest things. A week before my period I went into full anxious and depression mode. It felt like the world was ending. I also experienced severe cramps, migraines, and bled for 2 weeks. I am now off this drug for 2 days and noticed an immediate difference."

HT2283 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on it for 2 months and got extremely moody, emotional, anxious, and tired. I went to my OBGYN, and asked her if I should stop it. I was told to give it more time. I am normally a bubbly happy person, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Nevertheless, I stopped the pill because I didn't need it. After I got off it, I had the best 6 months of my life where I was happy confident. I started dating someone and went on the pill again 5 weeks ago. I started feeling insecure, anxious, paranoid and started believing and accusing him of not being into me and got mad at him at little things. I had heavy bleeding for 2 weeks straight and a week before my period I went into depression and had severe migraines. Will not take this drug ever again"

HT83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was put on this birth control to prevent ovarian cysts, as my last one wasn't effective resulting in my ovary twisting. In the beginning I felt the same but suddenly began having extreme nausea. Ive been nauseous for about 4 days and it just has not let up. The pill also has been affecting my appetite immensely resulting in weight loss, which I'm not complaining about. So far I've had no issues with ovarian cysts, but it is early."

Litmas (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This was the second BC I have ever taken. It was absolutely terrible. I have always had light periods (panty liner light) and no cramps. When I took this birth control I had such horrible cramps that I kept throwing up. I continued to take it, but after bleeding like a water fall for a week and a half I called my doctor. She told me that I had to finish taking it for a month or else I had the possibility of bleeding to death. So I bled the entire month. I didn't receive another period until 3 months later. Don't take this birth control"

Lady98 December 17, 2016

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I'm 32 and I've been on this pill since I was about 19. About 6 months ago I ran out of pills but I was busy and kept forgetting to make an appointment with my GP so stayed off it. BIG MISTAKE. I am now plagued with cystic acne as bad as I had as a teenager! I had completely forgotten how bad it was and how painful my skin was. I now have to wait another months before I can even get any more as my GP is fully booked up. Christmas and New Year will be spent inside avoiding people. All Hail Yasmin."

Lunalily (taken for 10 years or more) December 15, 2016