User Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol (Page 4)

Also known as: Yaz, Yasmin, Nikki, Gianvi, Loryna, Ocella, Syeda, Jasmiel, Zarah, Lo-Zumandimine, Zumandimine, Yaela, Melamisa, Kemeya Kyra

Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 2,318 ratings on Drugs.com. 42% of those users who reviewed Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control
6.9
Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol reviews 5.6 2,318 reviews

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol

K · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2020

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I’ve been on Yaz for almost 2 months now. I was hoping it would clear my skin up and help me with my cystic acne, but I’m not sure. I usually get pimples 2 weeks before my period, so obviously I broke out the 2 weeks before hand. But before that I felt like my skin was getting a little better. I definitely am still getting break outs tho. I’m getting my period tomorrow and I got a few more pimples coming in, as well as this one pimple on my chin that will NOT go away. I haven’t noticed any weight gain, or depression, but my boobs definitely got bigger lol. I’m gonna do another update after month 3. I hope it will finally kick in but I guess we will see:/”

Allie · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 28, 2020

Loryna (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: “I’m really happy with this birth control now. The first 2-3 weeks were rough. The side effects made it difficult to get through the day, as I felt sick and could barely move. It may have been a bit better if I’d taken it with food; I do now and have no side effects. As for acne, since that was important to me - it’s all cleared up! I’m really happy that I’m not getting big, painful under-the-skin zits on my chin anymore. It gets 5-stars just for that. If you’re considering this pill, I recommend it. Just make sure you take it with food!”

Paridhi · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 30, 2013

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I was suffering from acne since 12 years. Now I am 27. I had took various costly treatments including chemical peeling and other cosmetic treatments. When I was 25 my skin specialist suggest me Yasmin. I took it for 11 months, in first month I had little bit headache and nausea but in second month there was no discomfort like that. In third month my face was almost clear and at the end (11th month) my skin started glowing there was not a single acne or marks on my face. Friends started asking about my glowing skin. I did not gain weight. But I stopped taking Yasmin after getting glowing skin within on year acne came back. Now I am starting it again. ”

bug January 13, 2021

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I’m on my 3rd month of Yasmin. I can't tell if it’s working or not. For the first week of every month my skin clears and then I’ll break out for the rest of it. Maybe the hormones haven’t stabilised yet so I’m going to stay on it for 6 months. No other side effects except I have had 2 migraines.”

arh15 · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 5, 2020

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I had to be prescribed Yasmin because I was being treated with accutane for severe acne - and you are not allowed to get pregnant. I have been on it since I was 15 (I'm now 21), and overall I have had no problems with it apart from when I first started taking it I had a month long period. It regulated my periods, didn't effect my hair/weight, and I didn't find it had any impact on my mental health (although this may partly be because I was so happy my acne cleared up). I stopped taking it when I was 18 to give myself a break but I found my skin got really bad again, so I panicked and went straight back onto it and it cleared up after a month or so (but I had another month long period). I also find if I miss just one pill I come on my period.”

Tati · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2019

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I had tried every skin cleanser/treatment on the market! Two different types of antibiotics and two different pills (Levlen & Loette). Then I tried Yasmin. The first 3 months I broke out quite severely but now my skin has cleared up. I still have the odd pimple, but it disappears in 1-3 days rather than weeks! I take Yasmin and treat and break outs with epiduo and pimple patches. I have stopped wearing make up to work which has also made a huge difference! I used to spend nights crying about my skin (a little dramatic I know!) this is just my personal experience, but I hope it can help someone else! There have been no other side effects my mood is happy, and no weight gain or loss!”

Kikeyi25 September 15, 2020

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “I just finished my first package of Yaz. It has been a patience struggle. I had been having issues with PMS, really violent mood swings and acne. First 2 weeks on Yaz were a breeze. Third week I started feeling extremely nauseous and tired, almost like if I was drunk. Next days I started getting stomach issues: diarrhea, bloating, migraine. I stayed on it and tried to be patient. Was taking ibuprofen daily to get on. I'm as of today on the sugar pills and I had my period for at least 10 days. I really think it made a difference with my cystic acne. I just got one cyst this month. However, my back got full of small flesh colored pimples I had never had and also I got them on my chest. I am open to take two more months of it. Its not all nice, but the body needs to adapt, so I feel it is normal to have these changes. What I did feel for a while was my veins hurting all the time, which didn't happen before. It got better after I started using compression leggings.”

Mny October 26, 2019

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: “I just come off this birth control Yasmin after suffering from the worst mood swings. I have never been so depressed and disorientated to the point where I felt like I was going crazy. I was having problems with everyone in my life. I cried day and night would lash out at people. I didn't know if it was the pill or if something was wrong with me. I thought the heart palpitations I was feeling on a daily basis was just me having some sort of anxiety disorder but they have now completely dissappeared. I can't believe I am enjoying my life again after just a week of not taking these pills. Other symptoms I had was that it made my period pain 10x worse even though its not supposed to be a real period? And migraines, don't get me started it would last for days. I don't ever really write reviews but I had to cause if there's other girls that are feeling what I felt please stay strong don't feel alone it gets so much better when you stop taking it”

Ct November 13, 2020

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “So I've been on yaz for over 2 years now for acne, PDD and birth control! The first year, I took about 5 months to fully transition onto. I was taking it because I had bad acne and and the pain with my periods were crazy! I briefly stopped Yaz after a year, as I started having a bit of spotting in the middle of my packs, so I tried Yasmin for a couple month which I absolutely did not suit me! My breasts hurt so bad, even when I was just walking. I went back on Yaz just over a year ago and I've never been happier. I feel normal I feel like everything is under control. My gynaecologist advised me maybe my body just needed a break for it to come back and continue to be effective. As of now, I have a period every 2-3 months, as I "skip" my periods as my gynaecologist advised and my skin has been amazing, the pain is hardly there and I've never been happier. Everyone's bodies different, Everyone has different level of progesterone and estrogen in their body so every pill will effect everybody different. Find what's right for you!”

Madz · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “So to anyone reading this, I want to first state, everyone will have a different experience, every body is unique, and with most BC pills, you need to wait 3 months in order for your body to adjust. However, this being said, after only a week on Yaz, I began noticing drastic improvements in mood. I was suppose to be suffering from PMS/PMDD this past week as my period starts next week, and for the first two days I was definitely an emotional wreck, but the following days, I noticed the horrible depression and anxiety I normally get for two weeks out of the month just suddenly lifted. I’m I am also experiencing very little nausea with Yaz in comparison to other BCs I’ve taken, and the appetite increase I usually feel around this time also disappeared. I’m pretty happy so far, I’m hoping it will help with my cystic acne and that any other symptoms won’t be too severe.”

Nat · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2021

Loryna (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: “I’m 25 years old and this is the first time I’ve been on birth control and it’s been great! I’ve had no weight gain, no skin changes and no mood changes. I honestly think this actually helped me quite a bit since I was pretty anxious and sad for a few months right before I started Loryna. I’ve been on it for 3 months now it helped regulate my periods since I was always irregular. They’re also a lot less painful, super light and only last 2-3 days. I’m so glad the first bc I chose worked well with my body. It was covered by my insurance through pill club and I got a 9 months supply delivered to me!”

Ev · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 14, 2021

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “I have been on Yaz for 6 months for PMDD I knew the risks but my PMDD was unbearable so I thought nothing of it and it helped so much with my symptoms. Anyway, the last few days I was getting chest pains and my calves were throbbing. I didn’t think much of it until this morning when my right leg turned a purplish red colour. I called 999 and they took me to hospital. I’m still in the hospital right now because they have found a blood clot. The doctor told me it was because of Yaz. I’m absolutely petrified. I have 4 children at home and I’m not sure what will happen. Please lady’s please, think carefully before taking this pill. I know PMDD is devastating but a blood clot is just not worth it. God bless you all”

Amm December 27, 2020

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: “I’m almost 35 and I have been on several different birth controls since I was 16. Yaz was my favorite but I recently switched to Yasmin. I worried my skin would break out because the FDA didn’t approve Yasmin for acne like Yaz is. My skin has continued to stay clear and I personally haven’t had any issues with Yasmin.”

Anonymous November 30, 2018

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I had always had really good skin so when I started having acne at 23 years old I was distraught. Before taking Yasmin I tried antibiotics that did not work and made me feel sick! So decided to try Yasmin the doctor said it would be about a month before I saw any really difference. Still after three weeks was still breaking out everyday and completely stressing out. I was in panic I exfoliated my whole bloody chin off, burnt my face off with retinoids and benzoyl and cried most nights. One week into my second pack I have not had a pimple in 5 days is amazing. I also take zinc supplements, probiotics and magnesium which help. I have decided to share my experience because reading the reviews helped me believe things would get better. Acne destroyed myself esteem and made me very depressed and self conscious. Yasmin worked wonders for me and I’m so grateful. Just know you are beautiful no matter what and know that acne is only temporary and will get better if you keep trying.”

B April 1, 2020

Nikki (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I was prescribed two different birth control pills since I first chose to go on it, and my experience with both were not great. I would experience spotting, severe anxiety and mood swings, and then very severe cystic acne. This past October I switched to Nikki for the sake of my skin and anxiety, and I have never been so happy. My skin has been PERFECT since starting this pill, my hormones feel so balanced, and I could not be happier. I HIGHLY recommend Nikki for anyone experiencing difficulties with emotions, anxiety, or cystic acne.”

yazbirthcontrol · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2021

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I switched from a different birth control to Yaz in hopes it would help with my acne. I gave Yaz a little over 2 months before I just completely stopped taking it. It was awful. My acne was so much worse than it had ever been, especially my hormonal acne. It made my skin extremely dry, lotion and vaseline couldn’t even fix it. I was told to wait until 3 months for “magically clear skin” but didn’t think just waiting a few more weeks would make any difference. I was extremely emotional and cried most days for no reason when I’m typically not a crier. It basically just put my body extremely out of whack. I’ve been on multiple different birth controls before and this was by far the worst, I personally wouldn’t recommend but everyone does react differently and I do have friends who like Yaz.”

I need help!!! · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 7, 2020

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol): “It’s been almost 2 years on the pill (yaz). I started taking yaz because of my period and acne. I would bleed so heavy I could never control it, horrible back pain and cramps I also had acne so bad I hated going anywhere. After about 6 months to a year being on the pill my acne cleared up and I just was getting small pimples every once in a while, I gained weight in my butt, sides and thighs. Now being on the pill for 2 years I have realized how much it has affected me emotionally every month at the end of my pack I get, very depressed and crying for reasons I can’t explain. The depression and crazy mood swings affected me and my parents and boyfriend. I’m not myself and I’m not sure what to do. I feel like if I talk to my doctor about it I’m gonna have to be taken off the pill and what if my acne comes back and my period gets bad at the point I don’t care. I’m tired of not being me and feeling depressed. Any help?”

lidiaaaaaaa November 21, 2013

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “i used this as a treatment for my acne and pms symptoms. i dont believe it! this medicine is a miracle! my acne is completely gone! ( ive suffered from acne since i was in 4th grade, doctor medicated cream didnt work on my skin! 14 years ive suffered from acne) and noq my acne completely gone, and not only my acne completely gone, my pores also become invincible. say good bye to my nasty oily skin! now i only wash my face with warm water! (no soap no toner or chemicals thing whatsoever) with yasmin my pms sympton and cramps are also gone! this is the best medicine that work! it balance your hormon and reduce oily skin!”

Katia · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 4, 2020

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: “I regret ever taking this. Took it for 7 year. Everything was great while on it, but I lost about 40% of my hair volume (telogen effluvium) and had severe cystic acne for 6 months after it. On top of that it messed with my humour. I felt angry and sad for months. It's now 1.5 years since I stopped it and even though the condition has improved I still have a long way to. I had to cut my hair short and I'm trying to fix the and scarring of the acne.”

Mm · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2020

Loryna (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I personally think everyone should try it! I was hesitant due to reviews but I’ve been on it for a month and after a year of struggling with hormonal acne I think trying this was worth it. The first two weeks I was a little more moody than usual and kinda nauseous but that has gone away! My skin is clearing, but as I’ve only been on for a month it’s not completely clear yet. I’m excited to see what a couple months does for my skin! Birth control was my last resort but I couldn’t get the hormonal acne to stop even after visiting the derm many times.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: “I have been on Yaz for 2 weeks and it completely changed my mood. I went on it to clear up my cystic acne due to my period. My skin has cleared up but my mental health has severely deteriorated. I am extremely emotional and angry and have random outbursts which I have never experienced before. I do not even recognize myself and I am stopping this pill immediately.”

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2020

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: “I started taking the Yasmin pill two months ago because I saw how clear my friends skin got and because I had problems with acne but it wasn’t that severe. Within the first week of intake my mom could already see the difference in my skin and I got compliments from people which really did make me happy, until the 7 day break it was torturous endless anxiety, depression, confusion, mood swings I just wasn’t great company and it did have an effect on my mental health. The worst part is that you need help but from where will it come from because your mind is a war zone. Pretty hurts.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2021

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “All I have to say about this pill is who ever created Yaz don't know what they have released onto women. I had a few pimples here and there so I decided to get on Yaz for my acne and within literally 2 days my skin has never looked worse. I’m talking about cystic acne all over my face and it hurts. I haven’t even gotten through a month of this pill and I’m already going to quit it because of how bad it has made my acne. It hasn’t even cleared it up in the slightest bit, it makes me get a new pimple every morning when I wake up. It’ll also make you cry all the time because of how bad it makes ur skin look :)) don’t get on it yall it’s awful”

Mia · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2019

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: “I am currently on this pill and have never felt so low and depressed in my life. I have been on it for around 2 months and for the past two weeks I have cried everyday, had no motivation, lack of relationships and had really dark thoughts . I am generally such a bubbly and sociable person but I have cancelled plans, been absent from work and had no motivation. This pill has caused me to have depression and feelings of being low- coming off it tomorrow and just hoping it makes a difference. At the clinic the lady said that this is good for mood swings- she was wrong! If you are feeling down please come off it immediately because it can really affect your life negatively.”

kellina · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 15, 2020

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: “I've been using Yaz as a form of birth control but also for my moderate,persistent acne (tried everything in 5 years) I would say the first 3 months were terrible..my acne has never been worst so be prepared. But now, I'm now 7 months into it and my skin is the clearest it has been in years. I still have pimples but they are really small and go away in a day and it could also be because I'm eating really bad at the moment. The only negative thing is it has made me a bit more anxious and prone to crying, even if my gynecologist says it's impossibile, I've noticed that I'm way more sensitive than before..even little things make me cry. But anyway, I suggest you to try it if you don't want babies and acne, just be patient, I know it can be tough the first months but it's worth it ! I also haven't noticed a gain in weight and I guess it s because it is a low dosage pill. Good luck !”