User Reviews for Aczone

Acne 157 reviews 536 medications

7.4
Summary of Aczone reviews 157 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Aczone

For Acne "I don't know why I've continued to use this, for what seems like years. I stayed with the 5% gel. While it's worked very well keeping breakouts at bay and my shoulders and chest, it has been not good for my face. I just keep getting pimples and excessive oil saturation. I very recently was upped to the 7.5% and that seems worse. I think it just is too harsh or just not effective for my face. I tried just using it every other day, but it seems the morning after I've used it, there are new pimples."

telminha (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was originally using a combination of benzoyl peroxide and tactuo but was still breaking out a bit and wanted to see if there was something else that could clear my skin up even more. I was prescribed aczone and was instructed to use it every morning in replacement of my benzoyl peroxide. After two and a half month of using aczone my skin is the worst it's been in years. I have breakouts all over my face. I am incredibly disappointed with this product."

12345! May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Aczone is a mediocre and overpriced topical medication, distributed by a greedy pharmaceutical company named Allergan. Spend your money on a better product that doesn't cost you $900/year (with insurance!!!) I'm switching back to Finacea, which is just as good on my skin and doesn't break the bank."

Dana V. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "My face looks terrible. I do not recommend. I have pimples where I didn't have beforehand."

ABambi April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I started using Aczone about 2 weeks ago. My derm added this to my other prescriptions (prescription benzoyl peroxide wash 5%, and adapalene gel) I have been seeing a dermatologist since I was a sophomore in high school and I am 25 years old now with acne as bad as a high schooler. I've used sooooo many prescriptions and been put on antibiotics and nothing has changed. So my derm suggested I try aczone. This has made my face absolutely terrible with break outs. I called my dermatologIst and spoke to the nurse who said this is normal and it will get worse before it gets better. Has anyone else had this experience using aczone? And for anyone who's insurance did not cover thos, just go to their website. I paid about 35 dollars."

Ksjsbdbd (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "While the gel itself had marginal results with my acne, the fact that it is SO expensive AND has completely ruined all the towels that it came in contact with has caused me to stop using it. If you use it, use towels that you don't care about because it will discolor them. I didn't have issues with clothing or bed sheets, but I think that was by luck/chance."

Stained user (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I'm an 18 year old female and I've always struggled with occasional acne it would come and go, but recently I was breaking out and picking my face constantly which made it worst. I had many self esteem problems bc of this and had trouble going out bc of the way I looked, a couple of weeks ago a friend gave me some Aczone samples and I've been applying it twice a day and the results have been incredible it cleans out my pores like never before and I've tried many products but nothing like this! it does take a day or two for the swelling of the inflamed pore to go down in size so have patience."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I used this product for about 6 months. I have very sensitive skin (benzoyl peroxide is my biggest allergen) Aczone gave me a similar reaction to benzoyl: dry burning red patches all over my face. not good if your skin is sensitive and prone to rashes."

caracee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I went back to my dermatologist because of hormonal acne. I currently was only using clear and clear benzoyl peroxide (5%) and aveno moisturizer (with .5% salicylic acid). I have a lot of under the skin deep rooted pimples under my chin that have been here for over 3 years. The dermatologist I went to said the aczone would help with my deep rooted hormonal acne. He told me to apply a small pea size amount over my entire face. He took me off my clean and clear face wash which was actually keeping my acne at bay... I honestly am so disgusted by Aczone. It made me break out into huge pimples on the side of my face where I never had pimples before - EVER. I am still breaking out on the sides of my face! Was on this product for 4 months...!"

Slwjhdjwqokqeh (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have breakouts at 59 and my dermatologist handed me samples. I love Aczone."

Jennschimes March 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I had been suffering from acne since puberty that progressively got worse as I aged. After trying every product on the shelves and still having no relief from the very painful acne around my chin. My dermatologist recommended this product and my skin has never been better. I will admit it took 3-6 weeks before I really noticed any changes but sticking to this product has not only treated all of my acne it also helped with the scarring. I have even stopped wearing foundation all together and receive many compliments on my complexion. My regimen is to wash and moisturize my face twice daily and apply the product nightly."

roboflorida (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was prescribed Aczone & Tazorac to use each once a day aczone in the morning & tazorac every other night. The Aczone made my face break out sooo bad it did more damage than anything!"

Breakout Brittany (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was prescribed Aczone for hormonal adult acne. The first time I tried it I was instructed to use it once daily in the morning and at night to apply Retin A cream. It caused my face to get extremely oily and did not seem to do anything to help the acne. So I stopped taking it for over a two years finding oral antibiotics to be the only solution. However, recently my dermatologist suggested I try Aczone again. I increased to twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. I saw results within a day and my face had almost completely cleared by the end of the week. I still use the Retin A cream at night in addition to the Aczone and it seems to be my new acne solution. I think using it twice a day was a must for me."

SashaZD January 15, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have struggled with chin acne for most of my adult life (now 63). I have pretty much tried everything, but my sensitive skin just did not tolerate most products, even benzyl peroxide 2.5%. So, kind of at the end of my rope, I decided to try Aczone. After a week, I was ready to give up! I had about 20 new lesions -- but after reading about how it can take a few weeks to see any improvement -- I stuck it out. It took about 12 weeks to see a huge improvement to the point that I don't have any lesions at all! The overall tone of my skin is much less pigmented and translucent and now looks like it matches the rest of my skin. So, my advice to others wanting to try it is to stick with it. I have received many compliments on the change!"

BJHKKBT January 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was prescribed to use this once in the morning everyday and here we are 3 months later with no progress."

Hunter777 January 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I use this twice a day and my skin cleared up so fast!!"

Kristenswims December 21, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Well.. I have suffered from acne for a while. For about 6 months, I have been on aczone and only break out occasionally with a tiny zit or two which I'm linking to lack of water consumption. It has done an amazing job of clearing up my skin. Would highly recommend it!"

Jag305 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I am so disappointed in this product I was hoping that it would help. I tried 2 different strengths but nothing worked. I stuck it out for a month and it just seemed to get worse and worse. I had cystic acne pop up in areas that I never had before. I also suffer from cystic acne and mine was pretty much cleared up, except for a few small areas. The affected areas got much worse and new areas started to pop up. My skin looks scarred and now has to heal after using this product. Everyone is different, so possibly it's just me. I do have Lupus, so this may be a factor. I definitely don't suggest it if you have sensitive skin. I have Cigna and met my pharm deductible this year but CVS wanted to charge $200 and Vons Pavilions covered at 100%."

LupusLilily November 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I am female in her early 30's - about 3 years ago I developed adult acne after years of relatively clear skin. Benzyol peroxide had been my miracle acne product but then I developed contact dermatitis and could no longer use it :( I honestly could not go more than a day without a new pimple developing despite using other prescription acne grade products, vitamin A as well as expensive spa treatments. I have been on Aczone about a month and have had instant results, I have not had a cystic pimple since. I still get blackheads and have milia on my chin/jawline but no pimples/whiteheads/cysts to speak of and have had no issues with dry skin. The product is pricey but I will save in the long run not wasting my money on others that don't work."

lcwh (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Hands down the BEST acne treatment I've ever tried. Been on many, tried a lot of different products. Hormonal/food triggered acne has been a part of my life since 13. Tried aczone from my dr at 28 and haven't looked back for a year. Doesn't dry out skin, I feel a breakout coming in, put it on at nighttime and breakout gone completely in 1-2 days. Give it a try! Works fabulous :)"

Linds07 November 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I had moderate hormonal breakouts and was prescribed this by my dermatologist. He raved about its effects although it was a "newer" product on the market. He admitted that he was biased because he was a spokesman for this medication (red flag - no celebrity uses proactive and no doc pushes meds unless they're getting paid for it.) used it for 3 months which he said most patients saw an 85% success rate - I was not one of those patients. If anytbibf my skin was worse while using aczone. I had more breakouts than ever before and in areas I hadn't had breakouts in. They were more red and frequent than when I started using aczone. Everyone reacts to mess differently but this was a huge waste of time and money that in the end made my acne worse"

Dissatisfiedx100 November 6, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "This medicine is amazing! I've been on 10-15 different acne medicines and this is hands down the best. It doesn't dry out your skin and is an excellent spot treatment with breakouts gone is days"

Laura3lizzard7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Was prescribed aczone to use once my skin was already mostly cleared by dermatologist. It made me break out all over in tiny little bumps. It was terrible and took months to get rid of."

Leahkkk October 1, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have never written a review in my life but usually read other reviews for insight. I promised myself that if I'll find a single product to help my cystic acne - I would post my very first review. I just turned 27, never had acne as a teenager, started getting horrible,huge, cystic acne lumps about three years ago and it kept getting worse, really a nightmare. I was afraid to go to the doctor as they would constantly try to prescribe birth control, which I am very much against. Finally, in May I went to see a dermatologist and she suggested aczone. and warned me that it may not even help my terrible acne and if it does it would only start working after 3 months. She was right about three months, it took exactly 3 months until I started se"

FreshFaceReview September 27, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I wrote a review Sept 1! So yes, it did great like I said for healing my acne on my chin and keeping it at bay. My birth control, after being on it for a month, hasn't quite cleared my acne so I've been forming some new spots with the aczone. My derm just put me on tazorac 5 days ago (a type of retinol) so hopefully I begin to get some more clearing! I suggest, so did my derm, using aczone with some other medication. I love aczone though, I definitely believe it's helping! I use it in the morning after cleansing with cetaphil and I apply it, then apply lotion and whatever makeup 20 mins after. My derm did bump me up to the 7.5%."

Phoebs2 September 13, 2016