User Reviews for Aczone (Page 6)

Acne 7.5

Reviews for Aczone

G. Donovan July 6, 2015

For Acne: “I always had acne through adolescence, & in my early 20s started developing painful cystic acne on my jawline and neck, particularly worsening prior to menstruation. All OTC treatments were completely useless to treat & manage this form of acne, & I was seriously considering Accutane. My dermatologist prescribed Aczone, & once I started regularly using once a day, after about a month (ie, not right away- it takes time to assess whether it's effective for you) I noticed a huge difference in my skin- less oily, essentially no acne. While the initial "wow" effect has tapered off- I'm starting to get an occasional pimple prior to my period- my skin is still substantially improved. Worth a shot before going to Accutane.”

Bri93 June 15, 2015

For Acne: “I have been dealing with cystic acne for most of my life and I decided to see a dermatologist last year and Aczone literally was a miracle worker. I rarely get cystic acne anymore, and if I do it is usually near my period. However, I also use Retin-A cream at night, and I am currently prescribed to Vestura birth control which is good for acne treatment. A helpful tip if you take birth control is to actually look up the hormones that are in the pills, I was initially taking a different birth control that actually causes more acne, then I did some research and switched. The only downside is I get these small whiteheads right under my eyes (like 3-4) almost every other day and I am not positive if it's the Aczone causing it or not.”

Kirsten1919 June 4, 2015

For Acne: “If you are a female suffering from cystic/hormonal acne- please give Aczone a try. During my sophomore year of college I developed cystic acne on my jaw line. I felt miserable all the time, caking on so much makeup just to feel normal. Aczone cleared up my skin in a week and is still clear a month later! However, I am still dealing with hyperpigmentation spots on my jaw/cheeks. Best of luck to you!”

Mrs.Bee23 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 2, 2015

For Acne: “ I am 28, have struggled with acne for 10 years and this is the only product that has kept me consistently clear. While I have undergone 3 rounds of Accutane, the cystic acne on my chin always returned and eventually spread to my cheeks, leaving some mild scaring. Within two weeks of Aczone, I could see improvement and within two months, I could go out without makeup again. While my skin is still not blemish free (I still have a small blemish or two at any given time), this nothing compared to how bad my skin was before Aczone and has given me back my confidence. I also love that this medication is gentle (unlike the Epiduo, which stung unbearably) and doesn't have the scary side effects of others (like Accutane). Highly recommend!!”

Jenlindy May 30, 2015

For Acne: “I am a 44 year old female who after having clear skin my entire life had a sudden breakout of cystic acne. I was devasted and went to my dermatologist immediately. She was rather dismissive and put me on acanya and oracea. This did nothing except make me feel like I had the flu (oracea). I decided to try a new dermatologist. My new derm took my immediately off oracia because in her words I don't have rosacea. She also took me off a acanya because in her words she would use on maybe a 9 year old! She started me on aczone and tazarac. Within 3 days I was completely clear. Now if I even start to get a cystic pimple it is gone within a day!! It is perfect for cystic hormonal acne:) I am so happy to be clear and confident :)”

LTV May 3, 2015

For Acne: “Around the age 35 I started experiencing painful and embarrassing cyst acne on my chin. Birth control and spironolacton got it under control to the point I stopped taking it after a few years. It came back as bad a ever and this time the medication wasn't working. I started aczone about 6 weeks ago and it's amazing! I do have to make sure I use it daily. If I do start to get any new acne, it knocks it out quickly in just a day or two. Helps a ton with any redness. Very happy with this product.”

Cindy T. · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2015

For Acne: “I had mild to moderate acne. Aczone is the best acne treatment for me. I use Murad Clarifying Cleanser, followed by Aczone and Origin moisturizer. I actually saw significant difference on my forehead after 3 days use of Aczone and 60% of redness was gone after 4 weeks. My skin was more oily though. My insurance does not cover it but my dermatologist gave me samples and one 30 days supplies for free.”

Anonymous March 2, 2015

For Acne: “I am a teenage boy that had one of the worst breakouts I've ever expirenced at the start of my jounior year. I normally had confidence, but this completely turned my life around. I couldn't even look at people in school, I just hung my head down. I went to my dermatologist and she prescribed me aczone ( twice a day) tazorac, (once at night) and kelflex ( twice a day). My acne was really bad. After 2 weeks I started seeing a difference, the huge bumps we're going down! A few weeks later and my face was smooth but covered in dark spots. Each week it got better and better, now about 14 weeks in, my face is almost completely clear. The small marks are still fading but it is almost back to normal! Make sure you stick with it, it takes time!”

To old to have zits February 17, 2015

For Acne: “Being 60 years old and still having acne, I've been able to try lots of OTC and prescription medicines for bad skin, from antibiotics to Retin-A to a tons of other products. Aczone is the only thing that has actually worked. I've. been using it for over a year now and love it. The product never made my skin worse like many products I have tried. It got better right away and has been clear now since I started using it.”

Souk · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 17, 2015

For Acne: “I am a 45 year old female with hormonal cystic acne which I've had for around 10 years. I've tried various oral antibiotics, prescription topical creams, face washes, etc... When my dermatologist first put me on Aczone I thought it was a miracle cream. I would have given it 10 stars the first few months because the first 3 months were AWESOME. The next 6 months were okay. Over the last 3 months I have had a tube in the drawer but the over the counter acne creams work just as well now. It is expensive if you don't have insurance. It is worth a try but for me it isn't working like it did at first. I didn't notice any side effects other than dry skin.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2015

For Acne: “Ever since I began to play field hockey then basketball my acne got bad. No over counter things would work anymore. So I got Aczone & I saw improvement in three days. This works like magic. Highly suggest.”

BethInMass · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2015

For Acne: “I'm a 46 year old female. Over the past five years or so, I developed acne around my mouth an chin. My old derm said it was hormonal, and for years I used Finacea (and tretinoin for wrinkles). It just got worse and worse. I switched dermatologists. The new derm prescribed Azcone. Within about two weeks I saw HUGE improvement. Its been 5 weeks now, and the acne is completely gone. This is a miracle! I can even eat chocolate now without breaking out, which ALWAYS caused breakouts before. And I have had zero side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 13, 2015

For Acne: “Have had acne since football as a young teen and used everything resulting useless till sampled Aczone at 23yrs of age. Apply at night after Panoxyl wash typically where I shave face and neck. Magic”

priyanka badanahatti · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2014

For Acne: “Aczone works really well. I had a lot of acne on my face specially on my chin area, upper lip and forehead due to bacteria infection and hormonal changes. After applying Aczone for about 3 weeks I could find difference in my face and it was amazing my face was clear. So, I would recommend this to everyone and best thing about Aczone is it will not make your skin too dry as other creams.”

Lena555 November 2, 2014

For Acne: “Ineffective for me. Used as prescribed by the dermatologist in combination with Ziana. Had the sensation of burned skin for one week. Only destroyed my skin not the acne. I stopped using it after 2 weeks. Acne was hormonal and cured by itself. ”

Mallana October 20, 2014

For Acne: “I've been using this product for about 3 weeks. My acne is really bad due to hormone issues, so I was worried that no medications would help until we finally got my hormones balanced. Well, I began using Aczone and I have, as well as others, noticed a wonderful improvement. I haven't had issues with dry skin with it. I hope it continues to work.”

11 year struggle · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2014

For Acne: “I'm a 20 year old female who's been battling moderate to severe acne since middle school. I've been wearing hypoallergenic Almay makeup since I was 12 because I was so self conscious of my skin. After unsuccessfully fighting it on my own, I went to a dermatologist who put me on Oracea to take in the morning and Aczone to apply at night. It's only been a week but I have had zero breakouts! The pimples I had prior to this have vanished and my dark spots are fading. I use Aczone at night after washing my face with Neutrogena acne prone skin soap (also recommended by my dermotologist). It has made my skin a little dry, but it used to be so oily that it seems to have balanced things out. Hopefully it will continue to work!”

Anonymous June 19, 2014

For Acne: “I haven't seen many people on here comment with using it for over 2 weeks. The first few weeks it worked for me too. Thought it was amazing. I've now been using it for 6 months hoping it just needs time. Nope NOTHING. I have mild/moderate acne. I'm 24. I still get cystic acne. Especially on my period. I get whiteheads, ones under my skin, black heads, YOU NAME IT. I still get it. The only time my skin is clear is the week before I get my period. ”

CaketheBake · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2014

For Acne: “I had very bad cystic acne and had to see a dermatologist. She prescribed Aczone and Tazorac, it did not work, it made me breakout worse. I went back to her and she prescribed doxcycline an antibiotic and within the first week I saw an improvement. I am on antibiotics, Aczone, and Tazorac, which together works awesome, my dark spots and acne scarring is fading also.”

Jaanu123 May 21, 2014

For Acne: “I had cystic acne on my jaw line and cheeks from almost 2 years. Have been using many medications like benzoyl peroxide creams, salicylic acid and over the counter creams. But nothing was working out. 2 months back I went to another dermatologist and she prescribed me Aczone cream to use 2 times a day. It really worked for me. Within 2 weeks I can make out the difference. New acne almost stopped appearing and even the acne that is trying to come out is clearing up fast. I am so happy that my skin cleared up pretty soon. But if I stop using it for few days, acne start coming back again. Also the scars are still there. I think they are fading a little, but still not completely. I am happy my doctor prescribed me this.”

KIKI WOODS · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2014

For Acne: “My doctor prescribed spironolactone 50mg with aczone and I am so happy! Its been almost a month and my skin is so smooth! I had cystic acne around my cheeks, jaw line and chin area. My skin is very very oily with big pores but now its all cleared up, my pores are extremely smaller and less oil... I'm a happy camper.”

Sleepygirl7tt April 21, 2014

For Acne: “I got a bad bout of the flu in March and had to go on 10 days of antibiotics. My face started breaking out the worst it ever had in 7 yrs. After getting a cystic pimple every day for 10 days I went to the dermatologist. She prescribed Aczone and Epiduo. Also got 3 injections to the cheeks. I have been applying the medicine for 4 days now. My face has calmed considerably in these few days and is actually smooth. I see some pimples coming up on my cheeks where I was breaking out before but instead of them becoming cystic-hard, painful-they come up as small white heads and after showering just wipe away. Face is dry but I don't mind as I have oily skin. Could be too soon to tell but I have seen a difference in 4 days. ”

forthelifeofme April 13, 2014

For Acne: “Honestly, I was skeptical of this product at first because I couldn't seem to find something that would deal with my cystic pimples (I am 31). The product works on my skin, but it took at least 3 months to see results. Since then, I have not had any cystic acne since. I use it in the morning and at night. I also use Retin-A at night. I only wash my face 1x a day to avoid killing my good bacteria and this actually helped my acne improve too. The product is so worth it, but be patient and give it at least 3 months before deciding if it works or not.”

rachel1992 March 6, 2014

For Acne: “This product works so well. I have been using it everyday for 2 Weeks now and have no acne anymore. Its amazing. I love it. I highly recommend this product. I'd buy even without my insurance covering it, its that good!”

4eyedginger February 15, 2014

For Acne: “I have cystic acne on my cheeks and on the sides of my lips. I had a bad breakout previous to getting this so when I started using it, it took only 2 days for these to clear up. Which was awesome. Only been 2 weeks. But so far so good. Also I think it's helping with the healing after the Zit. When I would normally get a dime sized purple spot after the cystic acne, this has cleared my acne without there being a spot after, so that's a plus. I have insurance but I was still given a discount card for this. 25$ with insurance. 75 without insurance.”