User Reviews for Aczone

Learn more about Aczone.

Aczone Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 438 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Aczone to treat Acne

"I used this product for about 6 months. I have very sensitive skin (benzoyl peroxide is my biggest allergen) Aczone gave me a similar reaction to benzoyl: dry burning red patches all over my face. not good if your skin is sensitive and prone to rashes."

caracee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went back to my dermatologist because of hormonal acne. I currently was only using clear and clear benzoyl peroxide (5%) and aveno moisturizer (with .5% salicylic acid). I have a lot of under the skin deep rooted pimples under my chin that have been here for over 3 years. The dermatologist I went to said the aczone would help with my deep rooted hormonal acne. He told me to apply a small pea size amount over my entire face. He took me off my clean and clear face wash which was actually keeping my acne at bay... I honestly am so disgusted by Aczone. It made me break out into huge pimples on the side of my face where I never had pimples before - EVER. I am still breaking out on the sides of my face! Was on this product for 4 months...!"

Slwjhdjwqokqeh (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have breakouts at 59 and my dermatologist handed me samples. I love Aczone."

Jennschimes March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had been suffering from acne since puberty that progressively got worse as I aged. After trying every product on the shelves and still having no relief from the very painful acne around my chin. My dermatologist recommended this product and my skin has never been better. I will admit it took 3-6 weeks before I really noticed any changes but sticking to this product has not only treated all of my acne it also helped with the scarring. I have even stopped wearing foundation all together and receive many compliments on my complexion. My regimen is to wash and moisturize my face twice daily and apply the product nightly."

roboflorida (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Aczone & Tazorac to use each once a day aczone in the morning & tazorac every other night. The Aczone made my face break out sooo bad it did more damage than anything!"

Breakout Brittany (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Aczone for hormonal adult acne. The first time I tried it I was instructed to use it once daily in the morning and at night to apply Retin A cream. It caused my face to get extremely oily and did not seem to do anything to help the acne. So I stopped taking it for over a two years finding oral antibiotics to be the only solution. However, recently my dermatologist suggested I try Aczone again. I increased to twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. I saw results within a day and my face had almost completely cleared by the end of the week. I still use the Retin A cream at night in addition to the Aczone and it seems to be my new acne solution. I think using it twice a day was a must for me."

SashaZD January 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have struggled with chin acne for most of my adult life (now 63). I have pretty much tried everything, but my sensitive skin just did not tolerate most products, even benzyl peroxide 2.5%. So, kind of at the end of my rope, I decided to try Aczone. After a week, I was ready to give up! I had about 20 new lesions -- but after reading about how it can take a few weeks to see any improvement -- I stuck it out. It took about 12 weeks to see a huge improvement to the point that I don't have any lesions at all! The overall tone of my skin is much less pigmented and translucent and now looks like it matches the rest of my skin. So, my advice to others wanting to try it is to stick with it. I have received many compliments on the change!"

BJHKKBT January 6, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed to use this once in the morning everyday and here we are 3 months later with no progress."

Hunter777 January 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I use this twice a day and my skin cleared up so fast!!"

Kristenswims December 21, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Well.. I have suffered from acne for a while. For about 6 months, I have been on aczone and only break out occasionally with a tiny zit or two which I'm linking to lack of water consumption. It has done an amazing job of clearing up my skin. Would highly recommend it!"

Jag305 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am so disappointed in this product I was hoping that it would help. I tried 2 different strengths but nothing worked. I stuck it out for a month and it just seemed to get worse and worse. I had cystic acne pop up in areas that I never had before. I also suffer from cystic acne and mine was pretty much cleared up, except for a few small areas. The affected areas got much worse and new areas started to pop up. My skin looks scarred and now has to heal after using this product. Everyone is different, so possibly it's just me. I do have Lupus, so this may be a factor. I definitely don't suggest it if you have sensitive skin. I have Cigna and met my pharm deductible this year but CVS wanted to charge $200 and Vons Pavilions covered at 100%."

LupusLilily November 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am female in her early 30's - about 3 years ago I developed adult acne after years of relatively clear skin. Benzyol peroxide had been my miracle acne product but then I developed contact dermatitis and could no longer use it :( I honestly could not go more than a day without a new pimple developing despite using other prescription acne grade products, vitamin A as well as expensive spa treatments. I have been on Aczone about a month and have had instant results, I have not had a cystic pimple since. I still get blackheads and have milia on my chin/jawline but no pimples/whiteheads/cysts to speak of and have had no issues with dry skin. The product is pricey but I will save in the long run not wasting my money on others that don't work."

lcwh (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hands down the BEST acne treatment I've ever tried. Been on many, tried a lot of different products. Hormonal/food triggered acne has been a part of my life since 13. Tried aczone from my dr at 28 and haven't looked back for a year. Doesn't dry out skin, I feel a breakout coming in, put it on at nighttime and breakout gone completely in 1-2 days. Give it a try! Works fabulous :)"

Linds07 November 21, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had moderate hormonal breakouts and was prescribed this by my dermatologist. He raved about its effects although it was a "newer" product on the market. He admitted that he was biased because he was a spokesman for this medication (red flag - no celebrity uses proactive and no doc pushes meds unless they're getting paid for it.) used it for 3 months which he said most patients saw an 85% success rate - I was not one of those patients. If anytbibf my skin was worse while using aczone. I had more breakouts than ever before and in areas I hadn't had breakouts in. They were more red and frequent than when I started using aczone. Everyone reacts to mess differently but this was a huge waste of time and money that in the end made my acne worse"

Dissatisfiedx100 November 6, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine is amazing! I've been on 10-15 different acne medicines and this is hands down the best. It doesn't dry out your skin and is an excellent spot treatment with breakouts gone is days"

Laura3lizzard7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was prescribed aczone to use once my skin was already mostly cleared by dermatologist. It made me break out all over in tiny little bumps. It was terrible and took months to get rid of."

Leahkkk October 1, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have never written a review in my life but usually read other reviews for insight. I promised myself that if I'll find a single product to help my cystic acne - I would post my very first review. I just turned 27, never had acne as a teenager, started getting horrible,huge, cystic acne lumps about three years ago and it kept getting worse, really a nightmare. I was afraid to go to the doctor as they would constantly try to prescribe birth control, which I am very much against. Finally, in May I went to see a dermatologist and she suggested aczone. and warned me that it may not even help my terrible acne and if it does it would only start working after 3 months. She was right about three months, it took exactly 3 months until I started se"

FreshFaceReview September 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I wrote a review Sept 1! So yes, it did great like I said for healing my acne on my chin and keeping it at bay. My birth control, after being on it for a month, hasn't quite cleared my acne so I've been forming some new spots with the aczone. My derm just put me on tazorac 5 days ago (a type of retinol) so hopefully I begin to get some more clearing! I suggest, so did my derm, using aczone with some other medication. I love aczone though, I definitely believe it's helping! I use it in the morning after cleansing with cetaphil and I apply it, then apply lotion and whatever makeup 20 mins after. My derm did bump me up to the 7.5%."

Phoebs2 September 13, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So I've been on Aczone for 3 full days now, and I know that's not long but I'm really impressed with this stuff! I had a sudden and embarrassing breakout on my chin/mouth area from switching to another oral birth control (instead of large cystic acne it was tiny red breakouts everywhere) and I saw an ad for this so I decided to give it a try. Immediately the next say I saw it was drying a few pimples! On day 3, id say half my acne is healing or gone. I'm hoping a week from now my acne will be mostly gone. It can be drying but not anything crazy. I use the 5% gel in the morning and at night, along with my cetaphil cleanser. I don't use lotion at night but in the morning I use philosophy clear days ahead lotion and some makeup. I'll update!"

Phoebs September 1, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Never written a review but this product is sensational. Best creme on the market, doesn't irritate skin and very effective for preventing and healing acne. Works well on face but even better on chest/back I found. Just a few heads up. Don't use with any hydrogen peroxide based products(moisturizer creme etc) at this will temporarily turn your skin brown. Also don't apply too much at a time as it takes a long time to absorb(it will be visible for a short period). After using accutane I thought that was the only thing that could really help acne but this works almost as well"

Canadian David August 19, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Before I was prescribed Aczone, I looked on this site for reviews. I've been on it for about 9 weeks now and, while I've never written a review of a drug, this one warrants it. In my early 20's, I started breaking out worse than I ever did as a teenager. I tried OTC everything, which did nothing, and even shelled out for Proactiv which only seemed to inflame it. When finally I went to the derm she told me that adult onset acne is common and that Aczone+antibiotic would kick it. The antibiotic (minocycline) was awful and after vomiting for 2 days I went off it. Aczone on its own, however, has been a true lifesaver. My painful, deep, cystic acne is gone. Only rare whiteheads now. Truly life changing. I wish I could post before/after pix."

SG2223 August 14, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Worked great in the beginning for a month or so, but that was about it. Even with my excellent insurance, this wasn't covered, but I was given a coupon which made it FREE. If not, it would've been in the $300 range. That aside, I used all the samples I got and I saw some results, so I filled the prescription. Long story short, I saw no lasting effects. The good about this, there was no burning, peeling, etc. Out of all the acne creams I used, which is a lot over the course of 10-15 years, tazoratene worked best."

AnSF99 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had moderate acne until I was about 15 then it started breaking out severely on my cheeks since I moved to Texas with the weather and hormones started kicking in. Also I was always oily and still am sadly And going to the dermatologist to figure out how to deal with it. I'm now 17 and I never wear makeup and religiously wash my face and use a toner. I went to the dermatologist Recently and they gave me a prescription of Aczone and it cleared my face up in about 1 and a half to 2 months. My face burned, purged, and dried (don't pick!!!!!!!)but it helped. You just have to stick with it and give yourself a Pep talk that it's worth it at the end. I'm am left with a few pimples. it's better than the cystic outbreaks and clogged pores I had."

Summer Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a male in his late twenties and have struggled with mild acne for over 15 years. I have used, benzo proxide, exfoliants, tea tree oil, low GI diet, no skin touching and many other tools without consistent success. I have been using Aczone for 10 days and have had amazing results. I have had very few new spots appear on my face and when they do only last for 2-3 days. My pores felt clogged after application the first few days, but have adjusted to the texture. The anti-inflammation really reduced the redness in my face and gives me a nice even tone. Azcone has clearly made an impact on me having clear skin. I’ll follow up with status updates as my skin progresses."

Dan316 July 26, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The "con" is that it really does take continual use for a good 6-8 weeks to see results. The "pro" is that when I'm using it my skin has never been so clear. I stopped using it a month or so ago when my skin was looking great and about a week after I stopped using it my skin broke out again (horribly) and it reminded me of what life was like before aczone. It really makes a difference!"

CindyLo July 17, 2016