User Reviews for Aczone to treat Acne

Aczone Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 321 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Aczone

Mar · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2020

“I give this medication a 2/10 because it didn’t do anything for me. I have mild acne that usually only flares around the time of my period. So my main concern was to curb my breakouts right before my period. I applied this medication religiously for over 3 months everyday as prescribed by my doctor in conjunction with other creams and saw absolutely no results. The acne did not get worse as other people here have reported but it did not get better. I saw absolutely no changes in the last 3 months of applying it. My acne would come and go depending on the time of month as it always did. So I am now considering discontinuing using this cream because it seems like a complete waste of my money. I read online that it is usually taken with oral meds for best results so maybe then it’s helpful when the other meds kick in. But as it is, on its own it doesn’t solve anything for me.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“Works great. Cerave I noticed moisturizer and face wash, hydrating and foaming caused my skin to become irritated and break out. Vanicream gently cleanser with aczone worked wonderfully along with cetaphil moisturizer with hylauronic.”

NurseT · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 29, 2020

“I struggled with acne from age 12-36. I tried everything from prescription creams to otc everything. A year ago my dermatologist put me on aldactone and raaczone therapy. Within a month my acne was gone. I haven't looked back. I wash with cetaphil twice daily, use aczone at night, moisturize with cerave in the morning and exfoliate twice a week with a facial scrub. It's amazing!”

Ang · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 29, 2020

“Every time I put this aczone to treat rosacea, people comment about how smooth and creamy my skin is. Love it!”

Dreamv84 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2020

“35 years old, had bad acne on my checks and couldn't get rid of it with anything......tried Aczone (morning) and Clindamycin (night) and acne has disappeared completely. It took about 6 weeks to see major results. Also, aczone didn't irritate my skin and make it peel off.”

Michelle · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2019

“Aczone is a great medication, it worked for my acne before years ago and when I started breaking out badly I recommended this to my new Derm. Saw results around 3 months, my skin is all clear now just have to PIH which is fading everyday. The aczone also helps with hyperpigmentation too. I use 7.5 morning and night and wait until it is dry before I apply My moisturizer. I am using murad skin perfecting oil free moisturizer. I also take spironolactone 75mg in the morning. Some nights I will apply tretinoin on top of my aczone. I will Continue to use aczone forever. I know the first two months can be annoying when you’re trying this medication and you are still Breaking out, even I was losing faith in it! Aczone reaches its peak around month 3-4. But don’t stop it is one of the few that works Probably as good as accutane!!”

Annon December 11, 2019

“I am a 23 yr old woman with dry-combination skin. I have slightly struggled with acne, mostly in my teen yrs. BUT once I turned 23, my acne flared up and I would constantly have 5-10 active pimples at a time. I decided to visit a dermatologist and I was prescribed Aczone 7.5% because my dermatologist said that I was suffering from hormonal breakouts. About a week after using Aczone, I started experiencing even worse breakouts, extremely oily skin, and the hyper pigmentation from healing acne lasting longer than ever (2-3 weeks). It did help cystic/nodule pimples heal faster but the oily-ness caused more whiteheads and blackheads. After using it for 5 weeks and seeing absolutely no improvement in my skin, I decided to stop. Within 1 week of stopping, my skin has is no longer oily, the hyper-pigmentation faded and I have less breakouts than I did before Aczone. Aczone did not work well with my skin, but each skin type is different, just wanted to share my experience.”

LT · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2019

“I use Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, Aczone, and Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 15 moisturizer have healed my acne. I no longer get cystic acne or nodules. Occasionally I get pimples but this medication heals them in 1-2 days. Definitely worth the try!! Be careful what foundation brand you use to because that was the culprit to my acne as well. Fpr foundation I use Revelon’s combination skin foundations and a foundation brush by Elf. Sharing because most people don’t post their success stories.”

Sr October 17, 2019

“I have had breakouts here and there, but started to get worse in my early twenties. I'm 22 now and have horrible breakouts before my period, with big whiteheads and cheek and chin break outs. My doctor prescribed aczone alongside an oral pill, novo-spirolactane. So far after 4 weeks, I am seeing noticeable improvement and my acne has faded into just red scars on my face that are easy to cover. I apply aczone once in the morning and night and sometimes on bigger pimples more throughout the day. Only thing is it's not as good for drying out large whiteheads. 10/10 would recommend you just have to be patient.”

Smiles02 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2019

“I've had acne ever since I was 14, but throughout the years it just got worse and worse. February of 2019 my acne became the worst it has ever been, it affected my mood every day and sometimes to the point where I wouldn't want to leave my house. I went to the dermatologist and was prescribed Aczone along with another topical cream called Bianca ( which is a retinoid). The doctor told me to apply the Aczone in the morning and the Bianca and night, and as sceptical as I was about these creams let me just tell you they work. You have to be patient because it does get worse before it gets better. I started the medication in April and my skin didn't clear up until September but please do not give up on this medication because it saved my self-esteem. It's also important to remember to only put a pea-sized amount... when I first started I would put a lot more than required and it started to make my face oily which caused more breakouts. Use only a little bit and it goes a long way!”

KT · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

“In my teens, I never had acne. But when I went to college, I developed horrible cystic acne. For the next 15 years, I tried EVERYTHING - oral antibiotics, topicals, extractions, Accutane (twice!), peels, etc. and nothing helped until I went on Spironolactone in my late 30s. However, 8 years on Spiro totally messed up my hormones and put me into early menopause. I started taking hormone replacement recently and the cystic acne was back with a vengeance. My derm suggested I try Aczone (along with a topical retinoid) and believe me - I was skeptical as no topical had ever done anything for me. Within two weeks - my acne was nearly gone - not just the big painful nodules but also the little hard milia. It has also cleared up my back acne. Give this stuff a try (especially before you go on Spiro) - I know how it feels to think that nothing will work but this really did.”

Katie August 23, 2019

“I’m a 21 year old female that started dealing with cystic acne mostly on my forehead out of nowhere. I never had problems with acne during puberty, so it was extremely unordinary. I was prescribed aczone and BAM! within a WEEK my acne seemed to have disappeared. I have now been clear for a year now. I will break out here and there, but it is only one or two. When that happens, I put extra aczone on as a spot treatment and it seems to stop it in its tracks. I’ve continued daily use for a year. I am scared to stop because I do not want my acne to come back. I use a tiny bit each day on my forehead. This is a MIRACLE product but the only downside is the price. BEYOND expensive. Thankfully my insurance covered majority of the cost but it was still about $80!!! I have been using the same container for about a year and still have some left so there is a bunch of product in there. If you are a post puberty woman I would highly recommend this product.”

Kate · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 12, 2019

“BEST.ACNE.MEDICINE.EVER. I used Aczone for I’d say 2 months and boom, acne, GONE. I have been continuously using Aczone now for probably 4 years and it is still my tried and true. Whenever I do get a pimple here and there, I apply a dot of the product to the area a few times and day and within 24 hours it’s gone!”

Nike · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2019

“I'm a 56 year old male and I've had adult acne and/or acne rosacea for the last 20 years. I tried everything, including Metrogel, Soolantra, Finacea, and various antibiotics. Finacea worked a little bit, but I still got some inflamed bumps. Then I tried Aczone -- within 4 days it seemed to be working, and within a couple of weeks, I no longer woke up in the morning with new painful bumps forming. I use a very small amount of the 7.5 strength twice a day, and it's been a complete game changer. I'm finally happy with my complexion. It's about time!”

Sassyccr · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2019

“The Aczone acne drug has done an amazing job with my stubborn acne. I have battled acne for most of my adult life. If you name it, I have tried it. The only thing that worked was accutane. It completely cleared up my acne and then 2 years it came back largely due to me starting to get my hormones regulated by taking testosterone due to low levels. The dermatologist suggested Aczone and Spirolactone. Both drugs have done amazing things for my skin. Aczone works fast too. I love the product. My skin has some dark scarring but each day it has gone better and it's kept my acne to a minimal. Customer for life. Try it. It really works.”

Victoria · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 24, 2019

“No itching at all, no dryness, no more redness. Acne completely gone and no other topic medication was doing any good. Seemed impossible too treat. But aczone cleared it all ! I am so proud of my skin when I look at pictures of myself now. I don’t mind people looking at me closely. I am more than forty yrs old and I am more satisfied with my skin than for the last 25 years. I saw results in a month and it kept improving after that. Now, I’ve been using it for more than 6 months.”

Thrilled · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2019

“At 33 years old I have had ENOUGH of my acne which seemed to get worse with age and since having children. I'm scheduled for laser treatments but in the mean time my derm had me try aczone. I didn't have much hope since I've been prescribed many other things by other doctors previously and I pretty much tried everything at Sephora and Ulta to no avail. Well I go for my first laser treatment in a week, I started the Aczone a month ago and even debated on not doing the laser treatment all! The only blemishes left are some really deep cysts that are still healing since before I started aczone! I had two breakouts right before my period this month which is unheard of for me and they came and went quicker than the breakouts I still have healing from two months ago. This has been a huge ego boost and I can't imagine not having this stuff now. Love it and no side effects at all.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

“The Aczone made skin without acne look flawless however I still had acne”

L · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2019

“This topical gel is incredible! My acne started to become an issue about a year ago and it has been an ongoing struggle to control/eliminate it. I have tried many other topical creams as well as an oral antibiotic that worked for a short period of time. However, my dermatologist finally prescribed the Aczone 5% gel and my skin has drastically cleared up within the past month or two. I currently experience the occasional blemish, which comes in much smaller than before and it clears up quicker. I highly recommend the Aczone gel for anyone with acne prone skin!”

Adult acne for years · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 3, 2019

“I had clear skin until I had children and it has gotten worse over the years. I have now been suffering with acne for 20 years and it only gets worse. I have been using Aczone 7.5% for over a year twice daily. It does help shrink large inflamed cysts, but definitely doesn't stop the acne. I gave it 4 stars because it does help with inflammation and doesn't cause dryness or peeling, but if you are looking for something to prevent acne this isn't it.”

krebscycle · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2019

“I have struggled with cystic acne my whole life (I am now 26 yrs old), and was desperate to find a topical that was effective. Aczone has been a game-changer for me! My breakouts have all but been eliminated-- and when they do occur (hormonally), they are much smaller and last for a shorter duration. I use it once daily, and it does not leave my skin dry or oily like most other topical ointments.”

Jack · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 17, 2019

“I am a middle aged male and have been experiencing problems with acne for the past 8-10 years. I have been on accutane 4 times and would exeperience clear skin for about a year every time after my treatment. My acne would always resurface, and it would be an uphill battle to keep it at bay. I would also like to add that I experienced breakouts most frequently during the winter months. After habitually visiting my dermatologist, I was finally prescribed Aczone but did not expect much from topical treatment. I have been applying for about six months and my skin is not only completely clear, but I am able to actually touch my face and eat foods I NEVER use to eat in the past. I strongly recommend this product to any male experiencing the problems I have. Acne is the most frustrating situation I had facee, and it killed my self esteem. If you have severe cystic acne, I suggest you clear it up with accutane and immediately switch to dapsone to keep it under control.”

Jenn · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 17, 2018

“If you have never used this product, try it. It might just turn out its works just as good for you as it did for me! All I can say is, it works, it works, it works. I have tried so many things including other RX that didn't have any results. I am 40, and used aczone (dapsone) gel for 3+ years now. The results are awesome, and yes I had every type of acne you can think of everyday since a teenager. Since using this medication once a day I have NO acne, zero. Even scarring is reduced. Talk to your doctor,, and all the best for success using this!”

Renee · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2018

“At the end of October my almost 14 year old who had always had such great skin started to have terrible breakouts. We tried so many OTC products and she cut out sugar, dairy, and would drink gallons of water each day and it seemed to get worse. I took her to a wonderful dermatologist on Nov. 26 and she prescribed Aczone 7.5%. She started using it that night. She has not skipped one night and after 2 1/2 weeks her skin looks SO GOOD! The reviews are right, you won't see immediate results, you have to BE PATIENT. She continued getting a new pimple almost everyday for the first 2 weeks, but they cleared up so fast and the last 4 days she hasn't gotten anything new and everything else has faded. She washes her face with Cetaphil, waits 20 minutes to apply the Aczone, then waits another 30 before applying her Cetaphil night cream moisturizer. She plans on using this for a very long time! Please don't give up right away, I know it takes a little longer for some people.”

finallyclearerskin · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2018

“Great product. First off, Aczone will not give you immediate results. That’s for sure. But it IS worth the wait. Prior to Aczone, I had tried EVERYTHING. Over the counter, prescriptions, professionally done facials, you name it. I was given Aczone 2 & 1/2 months ago in combination with Sulfacleanse (a wash I use once a day) and my skin is almost completely clear. I also take Minocycline twice a day. It definitely doesn’t guarantee perfect skin but you WILL see a huge improvement.”

Learn more about Acne

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)