User Reviews for Aczone

Aczone Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 403 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Aczone to treat Acne

"It's been 1 week and not joking my acne has dried up. Its a miracle cream. I apply at night so I didn’t have to worry much about applying anything on the top of it. My only complaint is that acne scar are not fading away. Might be I have to wait for months but I expected the result quick. Anyways only scarring is left on my face otherwise all the bumpy acne are dried up. I will increase my rating once I clear up all my scares within a month."

Alafiya (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

"I never suffered too much from acne as a teenager. I would get some breakouts here and there before my period. It wasn't until I was 24 that I started getting bad acne on my cheeks. I went to a dermatologist and she said it was hormonal. She did prescribe me antibiotics and aczone. At first it did burn when I put it on because I had a lot of acne on my cheeks. It does take about two months to see a complete change but it's completely worth it. My skin is the best it's ever been."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2018

"I started having adult acne after stopping birth control. I tried atraline and it helped for a while but my face always peeled. It never adjusted as promised. Then the acne came back. I was put on an antibiotic. It helped. A lot. But then I had to stop taking it because you can't take those long term. My doctor then suggested aczone and it's been the best thing I've ever tried. No acne and no peeling skin."

Snicole (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2017

"I’ve been using aczone 7.5% gel once a day full face and my skin has never been clearer. I didn’t have much acne as a teen, only small pimples on my forehead, but once I hit my early 20’s I started getting breakouts all over, specifically cysts and pimples on my chin and center cheeks. I soon realized this was probably hormonal acne and after trying prescriptions such as epiduo forte and veltin, I realized that products that dry out my skin are not the answer. After hearing that aczone had been seen to help women with hormonal acne AND doesn’t have a drying effect like most other acne products, I had to give it a try. Not only did it clear my hormonal acne, but even took care of the small pimples I had since my teen years. Simply amazing!!!"

Hormonal Acne Holly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2017

"I'm a 59 year old woman and have never experienced an acne problem until recently. Two weeks ago my Dermatologist prescribed Aczone gel 7.5 to be used once a day. I have noticed a substantial decrease in my breakouts. I know it's early in my use, but as of today I would give this a high rating. I will report back after a more extended use of the product."

Boos Mom December 18, 2017

"Had acne in my 20's, now the painful cystic acne in T-zone is back during menopause. I've been using aczone for about 2 weeks, once or twice a day. Results: I have no - NO - bad breakouts and the ones I had are almost completely healed. The only reason I didn't give this a 10 is because it's only been 2 weeks and I don't know that I won't have another breakout tomorrow. But knock wood, "so far, so good"."

Too Old for This Crap (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

"I've been using Aczone twice a day for 4 and a half weeks for my red pimples. When I went to my dermatologist she put a needle in each pimple it was a medicine which helped a little bit. And ever since using aczone nothing worked. It clearly says after a specific period of time if the cream doesn't work change it to a new cream or gel. This cream is not so great. Giorgio armani CC cream works for my skin way better, and the dior nude air powder is great for my oily skin. I will definitely get a different prescription cream."

kriztine (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2017

"Works well for my cystic acne. Non drying. Also have noticed that it has helped to even out my skin tone."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 20, 2017

"I had an adult onset of acne at age 37. Out of nowhere I had 10 to 15 pimples on my face... minimum. I made an appointment with my dermatologist. She put me on Aczone. I used the coupon online and got it for my co-pay (much cheaper... as it is pricey). I used it once a day. At first my face dried up and my acne increased. However, after a month I went acne free...since 2013! If you can get past the first month... you will be all clear! However, once your face is clear you may be tempted to stop! Please don’t... as acne may return and you’ll have to start all over. Just my 2 cents!"

Amy Leah (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 14, 2017

"So I'm almost a month into using aczone twice a day and minocycline 100mg twice a day. So my face us actually getting worst "

NIKA 26 September 10, 2017

"So I recently visited a dermatologist due to hormonal acne. Never before did I have to worry so much about my skin that it would drastically affect my mood, social life, etc. I've spent so much money on better skincare, higher end and full coverage foundations - nothing was working (tea tree oil, spot treatment, apple cider vinegar, legit tried everything). The derm prescribed me 100mg of Spironolactone - but said it takes a few weeks to kick in. I'm on my third week and honestly not many changes. In addition she prescribed me Aczone. I don't know if this is just not strong enough for deep acne, but I apply this gel on my affected area multiple times a day and it has not gotten better. I think it may be better for smaller whiteheads, etc."

Kelc2313 September 7, 2017

"I have used Aczone 5% for over 2 years. It worked pretty well to manage minor breakouts and is much less abrasive than other topical acne treatments (both OTC and prescription). I still struggled with cystic acne, so my dermatologist also prescribed an oral medaction called Spironolactone. I take 50mg 1 daily. Boy does that really help my cystic acne! That medication when used as prescribed at higher dosages is to treat high blood pressure, but it has been found that in doses 50-100mg to treat cystic acne. I have extremely sensitive skin and have to be careful with what products I put on my face. I recently made the change to the 7.5% and am experiencing some redness and irritation. Does anyone know if this will subside overtime?"

NFEagles14 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2017

"I have been experiencing cystic acne for about 3 months now. My doctor had put on adaphlene cream and doxy antibiotic pills the first 2 months which basically purge out all sorts of acne. I was aware that it takes roughly 12 weeks to see results but I was just getting worse. My doctor ended up referring me to a Dermatologist who told me to continue with the adaphlene cream 0.1% at night. He took me off of the doxy antibiotic and prescribe me the minocycline 50mg 2 times a day and Aczone gel 7.5 once day as well as wash my face with Benozoyl Peroxide wash. The acne is almost gone after only being on the new medications 2 weeks. All I have left now is the horrible hyperpigmentation from the acne and it seems to be fading gradually too."

Kittykat71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2017

"So I have used the samples of this medication and it worked great, but recently I got my prescription filled for it and it seemed to exacerbate cystic acne on my neck, jawline. I read the ingredients and it contains a form of silicone that can worsen cystic acne. Is the sample formulation different or did they change the ingredients recently?"

Amy Rose August 8, 2017

"I didn't find this helped at all. Made it so much worse if anything. Until I came across a mudmask and a blemish treatment which I was told would help out a whole lot. And it did. Because of the mask being made from all natural ingredients... it cleaned it up a treat... whilst removing all my blackheads at the same time! It's definitely the best thing ever for drawing all the crap out!!"

Jojogogo85 August 8, 2017

"Help! My skin seemed to be normal with few breakouts... I started aczone 7.5 and it is terrible! Pimples and redness all over my face! Is this normal?!? Should I wait it out?! It's been about 3 weeks."

Brittburio August 7, 2017

"I cannot tell you how this product helped me. Background: I am 32 years old, never had acne until 30 years old. I went to the doctor and tried this out; it worked miracles. My faced purged for about a month, but I let it do its thing. If you use this the way you are suppose to, then this should cure it. I have used it for about 2 months. Yes, my face got dry, it purged, it got red, but it goes away. If you wanna put make up on after the cream, you must wait at least 30 minutes after application. I swear by this cream; my dermatologist, Dr.Brown. This cream takes time; you are not gonna see results right away. Just like any cream, machine(clearisonic) needs to purge all your pimples and the ones that are embedded in your skin."

Vlsaenz74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2017

"Aczone kills periodic break outs for me. Only on the very spot though! Otherwise I wash with dial antibacterial soap everyday as a friend with acne told me about when I was 13 and I don't have many breakouts ever. Unless it's PMS, drinking Coke or anything with caramel color in it, or too much chocolate. One tube has lasted me 3 years!!!"

Chan100ll July 28, 2017

"I was put on aczone 5% about 2 years ago and it didn't really do much. I had tried everything (and I mean everything, changing my BC, proactive, you name it). My dermo put me on tretinoin .025% and my face started breaking out like crazy. I stuck with it for about a month and then I called my dermo really upset. They moved me to aczone 7.5% and tretinoin .05% and I stuck with that for about 6 months. Oh. my god. I haven't gotten a single pimple in 3 months, all my scars are gone, my skin looks AMAZING. I honestly never thought I would have clear skin in my life and I feel like I found the holy grail. It really sucks for about 2 months when you go through the purge and your skin dries out, but it is SOO worth it. I promise."

Justice Beaver (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2017

"I am a 25 y/o African american female and I never had to see a dermatologist up until Nov 2016 because my face had turned for the worst after quitting BC! I had huge PAINFUL cystic acne on my jawline and cheeks(hormonal). My first few visits to the derm I was recommended the normal cetaphil, & topical & oral clindamycin. FAIL. I was prescribed Aczone 5% (once a day) in March 2017 & my skin is on its way to being flawless! It DEFINITELY gets worse between weeks 2-5, like additional acne in places I never had it before worse, but it will get better! DON'T QUIT! I'm on week 8 now. I may get a tiny pimple or 2 here & there but thats it. I will say that I upped my dose to 2x a day & still use the cetaphil prior. I'm happy I didn't have to resort to spiro =)"

redzz1106 May 24, 2017

"The best ever!!!!"

Myshel (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2017

"I don't know why I've continued to use this, for what seems like years. I stayed with the 5% gel. While it's worked very well keeping breakouts at bay and my shoulders and chest, it has been not good for my face. I just keep getting pimples and excessive oil saturation. I very recently was upped to the 7.5% and that seems worse. I think it just is too harsh or just not effective for my face. I tried just using it every other day, but it seems the morning after I've used it, there are new pimples."

telminha (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2017

"I was originally using a combination of benzoyl peroxide and tactuo but was still breaking out a bit and wanted to see if there was something else that could clear my skin up even more. I was prescribed aczone and was instructed to use it every morning in replacement of my benzoyl peroxide. After two and a half month of using aczone my skin is the worst it's been in years. I have breakouts all over my face. I am incredibly disappointed with this product."

12345! May 10, 2017

"Aczone is a mediocre and overpriced topical medication, distributed by a greedy pharmaceutical company named Allergan. Spend your money on a better product that doesn't cost you $900/year (with insurance!!!) I'm switching back to Finacea, which is just as good on my skin and doesn't break the bank."

Dana V. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2017

"My face looks terrible. I do not recommend. I have pimples where I didn't have beforehand."

ABambi April 24, 2017