User Reviews for Clonidine to treat Anxiety (Page 3)

Also known as: Catapres, Kapvay, Catapres-TTS, Clonidine ER, Duraclon

Clonidine has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 61 ratings for the treatment of Anxiety. 64% of those users who reviewed Clonidine reported a positive effect, while 23% reported a negative effect.

Clonidine Rating Summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonidine

CrimsonRegrets January 10, 2018

“This medication makes me so tired I can't even function. I take 0.2 mg and I'll be in bed all day and can't even get up. I took it for a week thinking it would eventually wear off like with a lot of other medications but it never did and it just makes me feel so terribly exhausted that I couldn't take it anymore. Now I just take it to help me sleep and it works good like that but not for anxiety.”

Bill Bourbon · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 10, 2019

“Psychiatrist prescribed .1 mcg clonidine once a day for anxiety then upped to twice a day. I also take 20 mg duloxetine, 20 mg buspar, and 40 mg dicyclomine every 6 hours for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) . Clonidine may help a little, but leaves me so drowsy I can barely function. Also causes severe dry mouth. I doubt I’ll be able to stick with it. Xanax works well for me but have to restrict use to avoid dependence. Higher dose of duloxetine helps reduce anxiety but causes severe constipation.”

manicmaggie · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 24, 2016

“I take it in conjunction with lorazepam and trazadone at night, the combo helps me sleep and remain calm, it has some blood pressure effect, I do take additional blood pressure in the morning as clonidine isn't enough for my high BP”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2019

“I took clonidine for a month to help with tapering off xanax. The first week was ok. It helped me motivate and feel somewhat better. After that, all downhill. My hair started thinning excessively, especially when I washed it. Then, I just felt overmedicated and aggravated. This is my own personal experience. I don't recommend it to people highly stressed. I think in my opinion, it should be used under a dr supervision only. The night sweats were AWFUL. And my peaceful nights sleep turned into vivid nightmares and dreams so odd.”

AustinRev September 8, 2015

“My psychiatrist prescribed this for me for my anxiety (I worry about every little thing) and it worked but it made me extremely drowsy during the day. I was taking 0.1mg 3 times a day. I am a full time college student so that didn't work out to good. I couldn't really tell if it was helping with my anxiety or not. I only took it for 2 weeks.”

Tpharmtech83 February 8, 2017

“@MeliRz ...in response to the clonidine n anxiety. ...I've found that vistiril (Atarax ) does the same to me it's supposed to be for anxiety (non narcotic) n it's also for allergies (so it's like a prescription benadryl lol) but it makes me the opposite of calm lol....so I hear you ...what helps 20 others has the opposite effect on 1...guh it's that 1% lol...I've fell into the 1% catagory lol....”

don · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

“clonidine is the best medication for my anxiety. I take in am and then at bedtime, my anxiety is gone, a GOD blessing for me, better than benzos......”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2019

“In my opinion clonidine is the best prescription for panic and anxiety. Nothing else worked.”

DPDR Guy May 20, 2016

“Works great for anxiety, it does cause sedation, but is highly effective for keeping the anxiety at bay.”

zoochick · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2016

“I'm experiencing ambivalence and general feeling of irritation and anger since I've been on this drug ...anyone else?”

Buzz · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

“clonidine worked great for about a week the my anxiety kicked into overdrive. I felt I was going to go nuts. I began completely not well and felt I was at risk. Very scary situation!”

Fred · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2018

“Kicks in slower than a benzo but works”

Anxiety ridden and fed up October 20, 2016

“If you want to be chronically lethargic and unable to function in most areas of your life, here's your medication. It is the most draining med I've taken for anxiety. Knocks you out all day long.”

SuzieQ · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

“This clonidine was prescribed in conjunction with TCAs and beta blockers for agoraphobia with panic disorder. It caused even more severe panic and dark thoughts.”

Vero · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

“I take 1mg of clonidine to help tapper of lorezapam I take one a night to sleep and as needed it has helped a lot”