User Reviews for Clobazam

Epilepsy 7.0
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome 6.4

Reviews for Clobazam

Dave · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 26, 2020

For Epilepsy: “For my epilepsy I was on Keppra and Lamictal a number of years ago and was 95% steady with no side effects. My last consultant tried me on tons of other meds and combinations. clobazam being one which nearly drove me crazy. Had a lot of seizures and he decided to put me back on the Lamictal and Keppra only at a much higher dose. I had been in hospital and the Clobazam was given but was only meant to be temporary, he decided to keep me on it along with the Keppra and Lamictal but nearly every side effect one can get from Clobazam I have, and I have a lot of seizures. I want to come off the Clobazam but my new Consultant isn't listening for some reason.”

Sailor_Jupiter March 29, 2020

For Epilepsy: “After trying several drugs with bad side effects (Keppra, Vimpat, and Topamax), my doctor chose Clobazam. He thought Clobazam would also help with anxiety, since it's a part of the benzodiazepine family. It does nothing for either - I once took a slightly higher dose than I normally take for a medical appointment I was nervous about & it didn't help with the anxiety at all! I'm also still having seizures but was told there's no other drug I can take since the others had bad side effects or don't work at all (I was on the highest dose of Keppra). I also take Lamotrigine for seizures so I guess I'll have to rely on that to relieve the seizures. The Clobazam pills also make me have a gross taste in my mouth after I swallow them; the pharmacist said there is no other form of Clobazam available - so I'm stuck with having to take that, along with the Lamotrigine. Clobazam is useless. I read several reviews saying that they don't work & I can see why - because I'm having the same problem.”

bc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 15, 2020

For Epilepsy: “This clobazam is the only medication that I have been on that has truly had long term effect on my seizures. I have temporal lobe absence seizures, that have not been controlled by a long list of the anti-epileptic drugs.”

loulee123 February 11, 2020

For Epilepsy: “Using brand name Onfi works very well controlling my seizures. It's upsetting my insurance company took it off their formulary for 2020.”

Stac · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 8, 2020

For Epilepsy: “This medication worked wonders for me. Controlled my seizures with Lamotrigine. However the Clobazam made me gain a TON of weight in a short period of time. I gained around 40 pounds (about 8 months). As soon as Zonisamide was discontinued. I was orginally just on Lamotrigine, no weight gain. As soon as I started Clobazam the weight gained happened.”

Mumma Beat November 26, 2019

“Hi everyone, we started my 2 and a half year old on Clobazam ( low dose) around a month ago to help with his Dystonia, (along with other medications) . He has Lissencephaly a set of rare brain disorders. Almost immediately he was extremely drowsy, floppy and and producing massive amounts of drool and mucus. This has made it very hard for him to eat, drink and sleep as he finds it hard to breathe. Couple this with a common cold and we ended up in hospital. We had worked very hard at physio for six months to get him sitting up, were very close until we started Clobazam. He is now very weak, all our hard work undone. The Dystonia is also coming back. Of all the seizure meds we have tried this one does not suit our little one at all! Hope we can get off it soon.”

Daclan September 5, 2019

“Firstly I started taking 10mg Clobazam for sleeping disorders and anxiety instead of 0,25 mg Xanax. After quite some time I felt like I get better sleep with Clobazam. I was taking Clobazam for almost a month now, sometimes I even managed to drink a few beers without any issues. Than something really bad happened in my life, my symptoms pointed towards GAD. I had serious panic attacks, shortage of breath, restlessness, anxiety, insomnia and concentration issues. My doctor advised me that I should increase the daily dosage of Clobazam to 40 mg. It has actually made my symptoms worse, I kept having seizures, insomnia, I had difficulties with staying in one place, etc. We've finally changed to Lorazepam (2mg/day) and all of my physical symptoms suddenly stopped, although I still have issues with concentrating, but it's not as bad as it was before. Overall: If you suffer from serious anxiety, Clobazam is not for you. Even if you suffer from sleeplessness, try to look elsewhere.”

Marcus M. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2019

For Epilepsy: “So far I've had a good experience using Onfi. I am using it combined with Trileptal. About 90% of my seizures happen during my sleep. So I take 10mg before bedtime. I used to have 1-2 seizures a month, it's been over 6 months since my last one. I've tried almost every anti epilepsy drug out there. Phenobarbital, Keppra, Topamax, zonegran. None seemed to work. Side effects are minimal. When I first took it, it would make me really sleepy (which isn't bad since I only take it at bedtime). Aside from that I haven't noticed any other side effects.”

J · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2019

For Epilepsy: “I was thinking too much. But I did love the way it feel”

Nicky Cotton · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 21, 2019

For Epilepsy: “Clobazam (10 mg's nightly) just made me easily confrontational and agitated, but mainly as someone mentioned they felt 'opiatey' plus contributed to feel even weaker, lethargic with terrible constipation. Hoping to come off them ASAP because as a recovering addict with 'opiate induced Epilepsy' have to be careful and avoid Benzos or anything related etc. 1000 MG's of Keppra will be hopefully all I need without Frisium/Clobezam.”

Tom February 14, 2019

For Epilepsy: “Onfi in combination with Vimpat has stopped by son’s seizures for almost 5 years now. He has gone from 10-20 seizures a year to none in 5 years.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 15, 2018

For Epilepsy: “The first two weeks you slept constantly but after that your body got used to it and it immediately stop the myclonics it was a good tool for intractable epilepsy child. Every single person that has epilepsy is different so this might work for you it may not work for you but it's an option.”

Coltsakeys1 September 23, 2018

Onfi (clobazam) for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “Works great”

JenTheEpileptic · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2018

For Epilepsy: “My Dr added Onfi to my regimen to help control my seizures which are mostly triggered by my anxiety. I was originally taking Lamictal and having seizures once every 8-10 weeks then he switched me to Trileptal where for a while I was having them 2-3 a day for almost 3 months. Then they slowed down and then they began to be triggered by anxiety and I was taking Xanax as needed. So he decided to switch me to Onfi at night instead to control my anxiety on a time released basis. After 3 weeks, not only was I still having seizures but I also slipped into a deep depression. I expected to be unstable for a short period of time, but after about a week and a half I began having severe depression and nightmares and then began having really dark thoughts. I am bipolar and have been hospitalized years ago so I had to be taken off of the medication immediately.”

Medreview · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 14, 2018

For Epilepsy: “It does not work as well as others I tried. Maybe 20mg a day is too small a dose.”

nyc1962 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2018

Onfi (clobazam) for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “A caregiver review. Started our adult daughter on Onfi for LGS (Lennox-Gastaut syndrome). In my opinion, there is an interaction between ONFI and Psych medication. It appears that the interaction amplifies many of the Onfi side effects (physical and behavior). Since ONFI was the only new variable in her medication regime what we observed was more than mere coincidence. Please carefully read the FDA listed side effects of the medication. Onfi is the Neurology team’s new and favorite drug. They can’t or won’t acknowledge that the list side effects are from the result of Onfi. Neurology will go out of their way to blame everything else under the sun.”

Harry 6000 November 20, 2017

Onfi (clobazam) for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “It has an opiod effect. I forget words I've know all my life. I am more fatigued. My doctor prescribed it for me "because". I haven't noticed any effect. Coming off the drug, my foot and upper leg get shaky. It is also a very expensive drug.”

Equilibrium22x · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2017

For Epilepsy: “This is a very good benzo for anxiety relief. It is the only one I think that do not cause sedation and makes me function in my day with a very smooth relaxation. I only take 5 mg a day and with that small dose works fine with me, it gives me a mellow and serene anxiety free. Sometimes I take the other half before sleep but just when I really need it. Clobazam (Frisium here in Mexico) is a very underrated benzo, I think should be prescribed more often. I find it's strange it is hardly known and not so popular.”

sarah's mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2017

For Epilepsy: “My daughter is 21 and has had intractable epilepsy since age 7. Onfi is the first AED that has controlled her seizures. She has been 4 months seizure free since starting to take 10mg Onfi twice a day.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2017

For Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “Works well for my seizures”

Dhaniboi · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 7, 2017

For Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “I had this for my epilepsy it got rid of 3/4 of my complex partials. Gave me real bad constipation for a few months.”

Lynne Y July 21, 2016

Onfi (clobazam) for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “Justin became very shaky, weak, lost stability that he has not gained back. He went into massive seizures when on the drug. After two hospitalizations, we took him off. It has been over a year and he continues to have difficulty with standing up in the mornings and walking all the time.”

STex April 20, 2016

Onfi (clobazam) for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “The worst of 32 tried over the past 41 years.”

Caleb's mother February 9, 2014

Onfi (clobazam) for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “This has been the best medicine for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome in our sons 11 years. It was tough going for about 6 months of severe highs and lows of crying to laughing hysterically. But getting through that has been amazing. He's more vocal, his pupils are not staying dilated and he seems to understand more. I would tell any parent looking for help to please give this medicine a try.”

MimiMax'sMom January 18, 2014

Onfi (clobazam) for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “Worked really well for several months, then breakthroughs. Adding Banzel now.”