User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin/dexamethasone otic

Otitis Externa   5.1
Otitis Media   5.0

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin/dexamethasone otic

TK January 7, 2021

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “Just wanted to add my experience because I read these reviews when I got swimmer’s ear and got really freaked out. I had otitis externa in both ears, waited for 2 days before going to a drop in clinic because it was so painful. Got prescribed CiproDex, 4 drops twice a day for a week. It took about 2 days to start feeling better, a week to be pain-free and another couple of days after that for my ears to pop and my hearing to be normal again. I didn’t experience pain with the drops or any side effects. Do make sure you rub the bottle between your hands before administering to make the drops less cold. My sister had the same experience with these drops a couple of years ago. Definitely preferable to waiting it out because OUCH, swimmer’s ear is more painful than I expected! Don’t be afraid to take them, most people who have a perfectly fine experience with something don’t go online to review it, it’s usually the minority of people who had a problem who do.”

Tiny an gel · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2020

For Otitis Media: “Omg! This stuff is miraculous. The first few drops stung a little but, was bearable. The ER Dr prescribed this 4 drops 2x a day for 7 days. As soon as I put the first 4 drops in, I felt instant relief. I see that I must have gotten a bargain as far as the price. I don't have insurance and paid $86.00. Just make sure to finish it all. I will very enthusiastically give this miracle drug a 10 out of 10. I loved this stuff.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “I was floxed by Ciprodex. It was a nightmare from day 1. I need an ear doctor that understands how to help me recover from the damage of this eardrop. Please provide doctor names. I need serious help, my specialist still cannot come to terms that I was floxed or what to do for me. I am very desperate. I have permanent hearing loss from this drug.”

ab · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “So when I first got Ciprodex prescribed, I was scared of it hurting, due to all the reviews about pain. However, having been on this for a week and doing the 4 drops twice a day, I felt NO PAIN. Literally nothing. Just normal ear drops. Sometimes it was a bit cold because I didn't warm it up in my hand long enough, but that was it. I was hesitant of trying this at first but it worked great, my ear (which was painful to the touch prior) is now feeling normal. I had never previously had an ear infection, but if I get one again, I would use this. Only reason I am not choosing 10/10 is because it is pricey. My insurance covered most of it, but I had to pay about $70 out of pocket still. Obviously different people have different side effects to medicine and could take Ciprodex when they have a much more severe infection than I did, but it treated me super easy and painlessly.”

Lia · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “I had the worst double ear infection...outer and inner....the doctor had seen. They were so bad they were swollen shut. I had to work to get the drops even in. I managed to get the drops in and was blessed with relief within a few hours. I was in so much pain I thought I would have to be rushed to the ER. They are ridiculously expensive but totally worth it.”

Aria · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “I was prescribed this after I developed ear pain and burning pain that was insane from otitis externa!!! Within 2 hours I began to feel relief like a lot I could finally sleep. They made me sleepy and the ear drops made ear feel a little fuller because my ear already felt pressure but no bad reactions. I however can’t believe the medication retails for $230 that’s insane. I only had a small copay due to Medicaid.”

FirstTimeEarInfection · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “My ENT prescribed Ciprodex for external ear infection in left ear. I didn't have pain in my left ear until after ENT had cleaned ear due to feeling of fullness and hearing loss, and after I started Ciprodex. Left ear was extremely painful and itchy after I put drops in ear and I could not sleep at night without Ibuprofen. My left jaw and side of face was very uncomfortable. I used drops for 5 days and then went back to ENT. He suggested using for 2 more days. I almost cried. I used one more day and gave up. A little over a week since I stopped drops and I'm just beginning to not have continual pain in my left ear and left side of face/jaw. I am finally able to sleep on my left side without excruciating discomfort.”

Disappointed · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “Ciprodex is a weak antibiotic diluted with a steroid that doesn't work. Took 6 days to feel any effect. I used regular doses of ibuprofen to control the pain. What happened to the effective antibiotics I used to get for outer ear infections? I've had 8 or 10 infections over the last 12 - 15 years. The last two were awful due to this useless drop. Ridiculously expensive too.”

Jenn · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “Ok so I was scared after reading these reviews Ciprodex. But these worked so fast for me. I had a middle ear infection which worsened over 3 days and somehow I also ended up with swimmers ear as well. I had severe pain, ear canal was swollen shut, couldn’t hear. After 2 days these drops opened up my ear and I could hear and the pain got much better. Now 5 days later I feel completely back to normal. I am so glad they worked.”

Dee August 18, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “Took Ciprodex for ear infection. It immediately intensified my pain, so I stopped it. Saw ENT one day later while on amoxicillin clav and steroid he thought pain could have been from ear being flushed. He advised to try ciprodex again. After next dose I was thrown immediately into suffering pain, stabbing and throbbing pain, inflamed jaw and throat. Pain will not relent. Taken 3 tylenol and iced it. 14 hours later still throbbing. Please tell me this pain will stop!!! Never take this med, its torture!!!”

Lt · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “This medicine works for swimmers ear but you HAVE to take it for the prescribed amount of time. The first 1-5 doses will be very painful and it sucks, especially at night. Pain meds, cold and warm compresses help immensely! The medicine starts working and all pain will be gone by your 3rd or 4th day. Seriously don’t let these reviews claiming it doesn’t work from people who took one dose scare you—take it for the prescribed amount of time and it will do wonders!!”

Toya4070 · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “I had a double ear infection. It started as a little pain. However after taking Cipro HC the pain intensified and my hearing was gone. At first I thought maybe it has to get worse in order to get better.... Nope! That’s definitely not the case. After being in excruciating pain for one week and no relief from taking the Cipro. I contacted my doctor and explained what was going on. My Dr. changed my ear drops (although he stood by the Cipro they don’t realize this brand isn’t any good). I’m now taking neomycin polymyxin/polymyxin b sulfates and hydrocortisone otic suspension. Within taking my first dose my ear started to feel better. My ear’s still currently clogged. But no pain! Thank god!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “Just got prescribed Ciprodex today. Long history of chronic ear infections and have used many drops in the past. This one by FAR is the most painful I’ve ever had. The side of my head feels like it’s on fire and it has extended town to my throat and into my sinuses. Ask for something else if your doctor suggests this. RUN if you have to.”

Mermaid May 14, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone): “I went to the doctor because of some ear pain a few days ago and an over production of ear wax. My doctor prescribed me Ciprodex. I was fine at first. The pain started to go away very slowly, slight clog right after using the drops but my ear would pop and go back to normal after a few minutes after using the drops. Last night I put in the drops and as expected, I was waiting for my ear to pop...it didn’t. Let’s just say I spend the whole night crying and got absolutely no sleep. I have pressure and the feeling of a big chunk of wax stuck in my ear that just won’t budge. I also have been experience tinnitus since last night. I can’t hear anything from my ear. I’ve never had ear problems . I am miserable and I’m worse than ever. I contacted my doctor about this and they said it was normal. But I’m just not believing it.”

Dusti · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “Have been having on and off ear pain & swelling for two months. I’m a surfer in & out of the water every day, living in Central America with nothing but an GP in an ER clinic is available for medical help. First was prescribed by a ER clinic Doc Cipo BID for 6 days which made the infection seem like it was going away with mild relief only to have it come back with a vengeance a week later but all swelling in the neck & jaw and pain but I could hear and the ear canal was clear. Back to the clinic. Prescribed Clamicil BID (amoxicillin) and Ciprodex drops 3 drops every 8 hours. The clamicil was working great. 24 hours of the drops and my ear had swollen shut. Severe pain & itching & discharge. The doc said oh well just stop using them then. Why even prescribe them?! I’m worse off then when I went in. Luckily they’re not expensive here only paid $20 for the bottle. Continuing the amoxicillin and moving onto seeing an acupuncturist for the swelling. Do not use these!”

Tina · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “I had a dual ear infection (middle and outer) my ear externally blew up, the side of my face. It was the worst pain. Was given amoxicillin first, only got worse. Then was given ciprodex and Clindamycin. I thought the ciprodex was making it worse. Ever time I did the drops, it BURNED, and felt like it was making the side of my face more inflamed and clogged!! I was literally on the edge of going to the ER, cause I thought I needed surgery. I worked for an ENT, and called them. They ended up calling me in a medrol pack. I never stopped the drops. The medrol pack worked instantly within hours and reduced the inflammation. I still felt the ear infection- clogged, itchy, and still slightly painful. I think the ciprodex just felt like it was making things worse, because of how inflamed and bad my infections were. But it does work. Keep with it!”

Lauren April 20, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “Not going to lie when I started taking these Ciprodex drops it hurt a lot, to the point of tears. I had a hard time sleeping and my ear was closing up. It hurt so much on the third day I decided I was going to stop taking it because of the pain and I was worried it was making my ear infection worse. After I skipped my morning dose I noticed hours later that my ear opened back up and I actually could hear from my infected ear just as good as my good ear! I realized it might actually be working and finished the rest. It probably hurts because it was working, It was destroying the Infection and I'd rather go through the pain to get better than not at all. I'm surprised with all the negative reviews. It hurts, believe me I know but it's worth it. My ear infection and hearing loss I've been experiencing a long time got a lot better. It worked for me. I knocked off a star because of the pain, but in this case no pain no gain. I would take it again of I had another ear infection in the future”

Axelbizzle · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “Prescribed Ciprodex by my ear specialist to clear up a middle ear infection that occurred due to a ruptured ear drum. I’m on day 6 and it hasn’t really worked. No adverse side-effects other than some mild itching and a decrease in personal finances - $265 for a tiny bottle!”

Aga · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “On day four I stopped sleeping, started having night sweats, bugs crawling on my skin, slurred speech, very high HR. Unfortunately, I couldn't believe that is was ear drops and so I continued taking them for another 8 years by which time I totally deteriorated. Since stopping it a month ago I still have insomnia, high HR, terrible tinnitus, painful muscles, fatigue, panic attacks, etc. I have since found out I was 'floxed' and that the damage to my CNS might even be permanent. Please look for alternatives and NEVER allow this near your child!!!!!!”

Nick January 12, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “Ciprodex is a expensive garbage. I took it for two weeks and did not help:”

Greenhead · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “Horrible company- charges about $300 for a teeny tiny bottle of a medicine containing two generically available drugs: a steroid and an antibiotic. Also, the price has risen dramatically, despite the low cost of the been-around-forever drugs contained in these drops. Total ripoff, and an example of why these companies (Novartis in this case) need to be much more regulated. ”

maiden666 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 6, 2020

For Otitis Externa: “I have had an ear issue for over 6 months now. I have been on Ciprodex for just as long. Even an oral antibiotic several weeks back did not help. The pain is freaking intense. No infection, well, at least no discharge. No excess ear wax. Just a red-hot eardrum. Just pain. The Ciprodex works well for that, better than Tylenol and/or ibuprofen. Makes my ear itchy though. CT Scan was normal. Waiting for a referral to an ear specialist. Not hopeful. If these doctors can't figure out an ear issue I count my lucky stars that is my only issue!”

PrettyStar · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2019

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Externa: “This medication ear drop Ciprodex is horrible. My ears wasn’t as bad before using the drops, both ears are infected and I can hardly hear. I stopped taking the drops and am sticking to the amoxicillin provided. I don’t recommend these drops. My face hurts on the side my jaw filling tight. So uncomfortable sleeping at night so I sleep sitting in the upright position. Please just pray that this pain is over with soon. I’m not sure if I should see a ENT. I had this problem before in one ear but it’s in both now. So it’s stressful..”

Jaja · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 30, 2019

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “I have never had ear infections my ears have been in good condition up until the last year plus my doctor recommended that I go and see a specialist. The specialist then forward vacuumed my ear out to clear out the debris so that the antibiotic drops clear the infection however after taking these drops I have incurred clogged ear intense itching in my inner ear the medication is extremely expensive I don't know if the specialist and the pharmaceutical representatives are working in conjunction but it is not conducive to the ones these drops are being prescribed to those experiencing ear pain. Matter of fact my doctor prescribed an off brand and symptoms went away and came back over time. It was then I was referred back to specialist who swears by ciprodex. I do not recommend this medication. It interrupts sleep, pain and intense itching in the inter canal. Still going through this now”

Nervis Jervis · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2019

Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin / dexamethasone) for Otitis Media: “ciprodex caused ear and jaw pain. Went to the doctor to have him look in my ears, he said no infection but there was "pressure, don't fly in a plane for the next 2 weeks". Seriously I threw it in the trash. I am so upset I have to deal with this. The pain woke me up a few times and hurts to eat on left side. But, I can hear again. Never taking this stuff ever again. I hope this pain goes away soon. Sick of dealing with this.”