User Reviews for Cimzia

6.3
Crohn's Disease, Acute 1 reviews 14 medications

Summary of Cimzia reviews 17 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Cimzia

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I had 2 injections and now I have Pharyngeal adema, very hoarse gravely voice, horrible dry cough, fluid in one lung, swelling feet, uncontrolled diarhea at times. I was given 2 injections when this all started. I have been on Enbrel, Humira, Simponi, Remicade (also caused cough but went away when I quit the infusions), Methotrexate. I am back on Methotrexate with higher dose than before and doing fine but my Dr is very worried about the left over symptoms from the Cimzia. HE put me on a Zpac 3 days ago and hopes this will take care of the infection and clear my lung."

gonefishin2743 March 11, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "I initially took Cimzia as part of a clinical trial. During the trial, we received a full dose (400 mg) every 2 weeks but, once it was available on the market, the dose was only 400 mg every 4 weeks (or 200 mg every 2 weeks). The medicine wore off before the 4 weeks was up, so I switched to Humira, which worked much better. Now that I've had rare side effects to Humira (and already failed Remicade), I've had to switch back to Cimzia. It is only working for about a week and a half of the four weeks (at 400 mg). I hope to find another alternative, as this isn't worth it."

BarkleyO. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Love this med. take every 2 weeks works great. Did Remicade before and it's so nice not to have to go to the hospital. Very nice to do injections at home totally recommend"

Mrs. Casey November 7, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have been taking cimzia for my AS. I started 3 months ago and I haven't had a flare up."

Monicam78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Cimzia worked the best and fastest for my RA. I was on Simponi & Enbrel before but they stopped working after a few months and took some time to kick in. The only thing is that all these biologics make my psoriasis come back for some reason. Also, I've been having hive-like reactions on my mouth and cheeks almost daily for the past 2 months."

mb30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "After exhausting other options, medications i am now on Cimzia, It works as well as most, better than some. Ease of use could be better, Support is great."

Voodoo63 April 19, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Almost instant relief of joint pain and inflammation on first injection, no reaction to needle. Great help from Cimzia Support. Still taking methotrexate weekly injection twice a month, still have inflammation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Found this medicine very helpful. I have had a lot of trouble finding the right biologic, and have tried half a dozen. Great medicine!"

Kdtownsley (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2013

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Cimzia manufacturer covers copays. Have to renew each year. Can't work as nurse without it. Inject every 3 wks."

LORNA DOONE (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 4, 2012

For Crohn's Disease, Acute "Cimzia didn't take care of the diarrhea associated with Crohn's Disease, but it did allow me to live flare free for over three years."

Anonymous May 11, 2012

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I was able to use CimPay to cover my $350/month copay. I was in such total remission that it felt like I didn't even have Crohns. Loved not going to hospital for Remicade infusions and had no problems with injections or any side effects. Unfortunately, now have been exposed to TB and am positive for Latent TB Infection and must discontinue Cimzia. Abdominal pain restarted at just one week past missed dose, so have been prescribed Pentasa."

Anonymous February 29, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "This medicine was initially a God send and my joint problems got better to the point that I was able to cut down on my pain killers. Side effects included upset stomach and abdominal pain, muscle pain. Unfortunately I have developed thyroid nodules and my liver has become enlarged and my spleen shrunk - all was well when I had a scan before taking the medicine. Have had to stop the injections and my joint condition has come back with a vengeance. "

laney lintel January 10, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "GREAT. Feel better than ever using this medicine and only side effect was some weight gain."

Anonymous November 19, 2011

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "This medicine has given me my life back. I no longer worry about knowing where every rest room is wherever I go. My only side effect is a headache the day after the injections."

Narbe February 15, 2011

For Crohn's Disease "When all else failed (I had done Asacol and Remicade along with 6-mp and other treatments; Remicade did well at first but over time stopped working) I have found this medicine to be a great replacement for Remicade. The nurse comes to the house so its more convenient. The only down side is that it's injected intramuscularly and not I.V."

Anonymous April 29, 2009

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I found it worked well but the side effects; SHARP pains throughout my body were not worth it."

Anonymous April 15, 2009

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease a while ago and was hurting non stop. I lost over 15 pounds in 2 weeks. After about 4 months of being on Cimzia I don't even worry about my stomach. Maintain a good diet, take your vitamins, and drink plenty of water. Cimzia seems like a miracle drug."

NoWorries April 8, 2009