User Reviews for Cimzia to treat Ankylosing Spondylitis

Cimzia has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Cimzia Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Reviews for Cimzia

Aimes · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 15, 2019

“I was so hesitant to use Cimzia as I was so scared I would get sick and all the associated risk and side effects of an immune suppressant... well, in 3 weeks It was for the first time in 2 years being pain free. I did feel exhausted and gain weight, whether it was because I lost my will to exercise or the medication directly. I was pain free and I never got sick. Almost 2 years in and I have not even had a cold, one ache or pain etc. I have now changed my diet and forced myself to focus a bit more on my weight, vitamins to increase my energy and feel the best I have felt in 3 years!!! I am still on Cimzia however I am trying to lower my dose. ”

Mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2019

“Not only did the booster shots make me nauseous, lethargic, have NO appetite, and give me daily diarrhea, they did absolutely nothing for the stiffness of pain...nothing at all. On top of that they messed up the billing and tried to bill me $16,000 for the booster shots alone - luckily I was able to get the hospital to write it off otherwise I would owe them a new car almost! BS! Enbrel was great for many years then stopped working...everything since has been a severe blow to my system overall - especially Remicade which nearly stopped my heart AND gave me pancreatitis....super fun! There is no way I will ever ever ever touch another TNF related medication or biologic as such. Thanks but no thanks...I would rather deal with the severe debilitating pain than severe debilitating pain AND feeling like total rubbish constantly from this poison medication! Beware.”

ShNel1218 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2017

“I've had horrible pain since August 2014, with very few remission periods. Humira worked okay for 2 months then stopped. My Dr said my immune system built up antibodies to block it. Then Enbrel was tried, didn't help with the pain and I had a mild allergic reaction to the third shot, so finally my Dr tried Cimzia! 5 days after my first injections I awoke pain free!!!! It lasted almost 3 weeks then I had a flare. But this flare isn't as severe as some I've had. No side effects and Cimzia so far is working great!!! Now if my immune system won't build antibodies against it!!!”

a2meliarose · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 16, 2021

“I am 23 and I have had symptoms of AS for 5 years. When I took my first dose of Cimzia I was in a really bad flare. I woke up 2 days after taking it and was able to clean my house, plant things in my yard, and complete tasks I hadn't done by myself in over a year. I had some nausea that went away after 2 weeks. I have only had to take Aleve 4 times since I started Cimzia 6 weeks ago. I had one night with what I would call moderate pain in the first week. This drug has brought about a major reduction in pain and stiffness for me. I want to recognize my AS is not very advanced but this drug really made me feel almost normal after just a month. I will try to update my review when I've been on it for longer. So far I am very impressed.”

Joan · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 14, 2019

“Have ankylosing Spondylitis (AS), Crohn's & psoriatic arthritis (PA) and was on Remicade for 9 years, it worked and I felt well with seldom flares. Then it stopped working and so I went onto Cimzia. My AS is the pits, My whole upper body hurts. Crohn's is so so. Looking for a newer medication that treats all three. Anyone else have all three autoimmune diseases?”

Dbeav · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2016

“Love this medicine!!! I also have RA and take the mx shot rasuvo. The 2 shots from the starter pack lasted 3 weeks. I can walk barefoot and play sports with my kids. orencia wore off after about 3 months and humeria was like taking water. No side effects thus far. One happy mom!!!”

Bunna · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2016

“I cannot say my experience with these medications- enbrel, humira, simponi & cimzia have been positive. For some odd reason my body is continually rejecting them. I end up with the uncommon/ rare side effects and have to stop using. Seems once I reach a 3 month mark is when the side effects start showing. My last trial has been with cimzia, which I began symptoms for the past month or more and my research doctor had told me my symptoms were not from the cimzia.This last injection I took 3 days ago, now has given me terrible swelling in my feet and lower legs. I am at a loss now.Seems there is nothing else on the Canadian market for A.S.”

Gg · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

“Tried on Humira but had a hiccup cough shortly after the injection and ended up with itchy rashes within a few days of each injection. Stopped Humira after two injections. Tried Cimiza today, immediately had a migraine headache and hot flash within increased blood pressure. Ten minutes later I had horrible post nasal drip with lung spasm like coughs with sight hoarseness. Noticed thirty minutes later blister like hive patches on left arm along an aggravated nerve path. Guess am allergic to it too. Good luck to everyone else trying this medication in hopes of ending their pain and on-going joint damage. It doesn't work for me and am not willing to take the risks of continuing this medication.”

Littlebird · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2021

“I’ve tried Humira, symphoni aria, Remicade, and Concentrix. Remicade worked the best but it only lasted for about three weeks and I could only get the infusion every six weeks. Now my doctor has switched me to Cimzia. I’ve only had three doses but so far the result has been far less than I had hoped. My back pain has increased threefold and I’ve gained at least 6 pounds. I feel tired all the time. Some folks report it took up 12 weeks to feel better so I feel like I should give it some more time but at this point I wish I were back on the Remicade. At least I was getting relief for three weeks out of every six.”

Monicam78 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2015

“I have been taking cimzia for my AS. I started 3 months ago and I haven't had a flare up.”

Learn more about Ankylosing Spondylitis