User Reviews for Cimzia to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Cimzia has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. 72% of those users who reviewed Cimzia reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Cimzia Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Cimzia

Dgcraig 1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2021

“I was to start today I have done other home injections Humira Embral to name a couple for Psoriatic Arthritis the Cimzia needles are huge they do not glide gently into the skin the needle burns and the medication as going in feels like fire under the skin the medication seems to leak, I immediately had a taste in my throat, I couldn’t even finish the first Injection and as I said I am not new to home Injections. Will be calling my Doctor in the morning to let her know this is not a medication I can use. I would not recommend their choice of syringes for home self injection, along with whatever they use that burns so strongly”

David · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 9, 2021

“I have been taking Cimza for about 10 years. I tried Enbrel and it worked about 2 months, then went on Humira and it worked for about 6 months. After that I was put on Cimza and have had the very best results for the last 10 years. I pretty much do everything I was doing before RA and it was very bad at one time, my pain was unbearable at onetime. I have had some weight gain (10-15 lbs) but that is fine with me, my lab work comes back great every time.”

Porkchop · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 17, 2020

“Dmards were not working and Rheumatologist said MTX was too damaging to liver. I was leary of trying biologics because I gain weight with every new drug I try. Cimzia has given me my life back but I have gained 15-20 lbs. I had a gastric sleeve done 3 yrs ago and maintained same weight for 2 yrs. The weight came on from this drug. Cimzia does cause weight gain. Maybe you will or will not gain weight. These bioligics affect your body chemistry and metabolism. I am depressed about it. But I am working on getting the weight off. I heard others say do not bother it will not come off till you stop the medicine. I would rather be pain free and have a stomach roll than crippled and depressed from pain. I have no other side effects from it. The first few starting doses I had a lot of fatigue for a few days. That went away. Good luck. Remember not everyone gains weight. I just know it did it with me in particular.”

Lyn July 2, 2020

“Diagnosed with sero-negative RA after five years of joint replacements and worsening pain and disability. Got with a terrific Rheumatologist. On Hcg, methotrexate and then Cimzia. Been on it for just over a year. Life is almost normal! No pain. No flares. Some belly fat weight gain ( yuck), some hair thinning but that’s about it for side effects. Monthly blood work is perfect. Very thankful everyday for giving me my life back! Pray that this continues.”

Cloud · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

“Just beginning cimzia (certolizumab) and now at one month shots, I actually woke up and my hands moved without pain and stiffness so it works !! The side effects are becoming less. The early side effects were fever and pain, even though it is now helping my joint pain. I have high hopes and will continue with this medicine. I am hoping for less pain and future joint damage”

QueSeraSera · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 8, 2020

“Cimzia has been successful for me. RA flares reduced to once every 3 or 4 months, and these have occurred with cause (using my hands for heavy work or undergoing a stressful event). Only possible (not sure to blame Cimzia) side effect has been a recurring minor skin rash that I control with OTC creams. I receive a monthly injection at my rheumatologist, and would hate to give up this medication!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2020

“Cimzia was wonderful I had severe rheumatoid arthritis and the flare ups were terrible no side effects and if there were any they were so minimal I didn't notice. It took effect relatively quickly after loading dose and second dose I was able to do things I hadn't be able to do for a while. My only warning is speak with your drug coverage as mine is apex and I had and awful time. They denied so many claims and my dr ended up having to take me off it and then I was worse than when I started with pain and all the flare ups and had to go thru the reauthorization for an alternative drug they would cover. It was terrible I wish I could have the Cimzia my dr originally prescribed”

laney lintel January 10, 2012

“This medicine was initially a God send and my joint problems got better to the point that I was able to cut down on my pain killers. Side effects included upset stomach and abdominal pain, muscle pain. Unfortunately I have developed thyroid nodules and my liver has become enlarged and my spleen shrunk - all was well when I had a scan before taking the medicine. Have had to stop the injections and my joint condition has come back with a vengeance. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 1, 2020

“Took 12 weeks for Cimzia to become effective. Have been on it a year now and experiencing very little stiffness or pain. Only issue is the size of injection, pressure needed to engage it for administration and pain of administration. But only lasts about 15 seconds. I do get fatigue and viral type symptoms but no temperature about 24 hours after taking it.”

Pammmmm · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 9, 2020

“This drug was a god send, my flares finally were at bay, I was even able to go back to lifting with my fiance 3 times a week! Huge downside is that I had a quick burst of Scalp Psoriasis and since then it has spread all over.. will have to unfortunately say goodbye and find another drug as its getting horribly out of control.”

JAC · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2020

“Cimzia put my RA into remission. Before I started this drug, I thought I would be coping with joint pain for the rest of my life. Now, I function normally for the most part. I haven't really experienced any side effects with this medication, except for a bit of weight gain.”

JJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2020

“Hi there! I have been taking Cimzia for almost 4 months now and it has been working great for my RA. I can actually function and get out of bed pain free every morning. BUT after starting it, I now have very scaly, dry skin on my face. It is along my jawline, beside my ears, eyelids, sometimes my forehead, and my upper arms. But the biggest issue is that since starting it, I have not ovulated now for 3 cycles whereas before this, my cycles were like clockwork. One of the main reasons I started this medication was so that I could get off of Methotrexate and start trying to conceive. My doctor put me on it and then has been off because of an injury since and I haven't even had the opportunity to talk to her about what's going on. The nurse that I have with the Cimzia support group doesn't know much. Really starting to freak out because I am a bit older and am hoping the ovulation starts again but I am HIGHLY considering stopping the medication altogether.”

Tibs · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 21, 2019

“I use to take Humira and it helped for 2 years, my doc put me on Cimzia around when it first came out. I been on it since 2010 and only 1 problem, my blood pressure goes up. Happens to only 1 out of 100 people, when it starts to wear down my blood pressure returns to normal. I started about 3 yrs ago to only take half dose (one syringe) and that shot will last for 31 days. This is great for me cost wise doing it this way. As far as the psoriasis goes take virgin olive oil 2 TBS every day and good fish oil.”

mb30 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2015

“Cimzia worked the best and fastest for my RA. I was on Simponi & Enbrel before but they stopped working after a few months and took some time to kick in. The only thing is that all these biologics make my psoriasis come back for some reason. Also, I've been having hive-like reactions on my mouth and cheeks almost daily for the past 2 months.”

MW · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

“The product Cimzia works OK for my RA, but the company is one of the worst in regards to patient support, I would try others like Humira first prior to starting this. It should be a last option just due to the lack of patient support. I would list all of the areas they are lacking in, but it would take too long. Other Biologics have their act together with better HUBs and support.”

Amy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 12, 2020

“I’ve been on Cimzia for about a year with good but not great success. The injections are very painful. My recent problem is I am getting a very itchy red rash on my eyelids. It starts on one eye then moves to the other. It then goes away and the skin flakes off. After a week it starts the cycle over again. Waiting to get into the dermatologist before fully blaming the Cimzia.”

Vick · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 25, 2020

“I have been using this medication Cimzia since 2012 and it's turned my life around. Not only is my illness in remission I am pain free and have an active, healthy and happy life.”

Kdtownsley · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 13, 2013

“Found this medicine very helpful. I have had a lot of trouble finding the right biologic, and have tried half a dozen. Great medicine!”

Anonymous November 19, 2011

“GREAT. Feel better than ever using this medicine and only side effect was some weight gain.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 13, 2016

“Fast and great relief from RA. My scalp psoriasis came back and have been diagnosed with hypo thyroid and had weight gain.”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis