User Reviews for Rexulti to treat Depression (Page 3)

Rexulti Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Rexulti

vmrdoug · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

“I have dealt with MDD,GAD and PTSD meds for over 30 years and have had periods of relief with different cocktails some lasting 5-6 years but as many of you know I built a tolerance to them all. A year and half ago my anxiety started waking me up and quickly became complete insomnia and we tried many combinations for now 4 disorders and was able to sleep but woke feeling depressed. I take nefazadone, amitripyline and clonodine and my psychiatrist gave me a Rexulti sample pack but from the first .5 tablet I had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep until I have none. I rated Resulti a 6 because in my experience with this product adjunct to the tricyclics my depression disappeared completely by the 2nd but for me I choose sleep but am very envious of those people who have no bad side effects and good insurance because the cost of this on Medicare will put you in the donut hole”

Abilify to Rexulti · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 8, 2018

“I was on Abilify for almost ten years, but, as well as it worked, I could not stop gaining weight because I was always starving. My psychiatrist suggested Rexulti, and my weight gain has stopped without a change in diet or exercise. I take Rexulti for psychotic depression, and it keeps me stable and fully functional. I take 2mg a day at night, because it is sedating. Highly recommended for anyone who wants an alternative to Abilify.”

Blue_eyed_Ukrainian · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2018

“I've had good experience with Rexulti. I am struggling with depression at the moment (although diagnosed as Bipolar). At first it gave me headaches and upset stomach. That lasted for a few days. After that, I started feeling so much better. The depression has lifted in about a week and a half to two weeks. No anxiety from this drug. No awful side effects. So far haven't gained any weight on it (fingers crossed).”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2017

“Added 1 mg to my Effexor 150 mg for depression and anxiety. This is helping but have major joint and body aches with weight gain and stomach bloating. Also OCD is worse Don't know if can stay on this due to these side effects. ”

Papppiii October 13, 2017

“I am on week 4 of Rexulti . I have to say it has gotten me up and on my feet. Unfortunately it has made my anxiety so bad I feel like I am standing on the edge of a cliff trying to decide which way to turn to stop the discomfort. I have chest pain and just a general unease. No way to relax so I will be stopping this medication as off today.”

Mandi611 October 2, 2017

“Bad. Feel restless and have anxiety attacks, also gaining weight. Have no energy and have to drink 3-4 cups of coffee every day just to stay awake and not crash my car driving to work. For me, not a good med. Tried Abilify, Seroquel, and Depakote in the past for anger and irritability and those are as bad if not worse than the Rexulti. Been on 20mg Lexapro for anxiety, depression, and Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) for about 10 years, but it's not working very well any more. Doctor suggested Latuda, going to try that next.”

Jrw1427 September 1, 2017

“I feel "checked out". I'm on week 3 and just can't get over the feeling of staring into space. Asking for new Med today.”

kirt1111111 August 24, 2017

“Hi, I take Effexor 150mg for my depression & anxiety but if you know effexor its really only for anxiety, so we tried Effexor WITH Rexulti. Rexulti really takes care of depression where effexor doesn't. I started on .5mg for two weeks and then went up to 1 mg for three weeks, which I'm at now, and then I'm going up to 2mg in the next few days. It really helps with depression. I'm always on my feet, all day, always doing something, and I don't even care. It's not a big deal, even. I just do things. It's so cool, I've been apathetic my whole life, and now it's changed. There are side effects, I get headaches and every time I go up a dose, I have huge mood swings for a few days while my body adjusts. But thats okay. Awesome medication.”

WR2496 · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2017

“I've been trying different combinations of medicines for a good 6 years. I was put on Trintellex about a year ago, and that helped some, but my depression was still disabling. Recently, I went to my psychiatrist and asked for a change in medication. She decided to add rexulti as an add-on to my Trintellex. The result has been phenomenal. I feel better than I have in years. I have more energy, I'm less anxious, and I've been able to leave my house without feeling overhelmed at all. This medicine has is working VERY well for me.”

Ladybug6 · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2017

“My psych doc just added this rexulta to my med list. Im already taking klonopin and triliptal and effexor. I am scared to death to start rexulta. I do not want to gain weight!!!”

skilld · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2017

“Rexulti has been a life changer! I'm on 1mg. I know that's not a lot, but it's worked so well for me. Way less depressed mood than usual. I have Bipolar Type II. This was an add on to Trileptal and it's really been amazing for me. Would definitely recommend to others :)”

LizziP June 29, 2017

“I have chronic depression (dysthymia) & anxiety, & the depression worsened recently despite being on Zoloft & Wellbutrin. My psychiatrist suggested we try Rexulti & wean me off the Wellbutrin. I started on 1mg, & I had a slight headache for the first two days. After that, I felt like I was doing a little better and my husband commented that I was more active than usual. My dose went up to 2mg a couple days ago. Now I feel like I can really tell a difference! I haven't felt depressed, I have more focus and creativity at work, & I've actually had enough motivation to do chores at home. I'm a little restless, which I'll keep an eye on, but I haven't noticed any other side effects besides that and the temporary headache. I'm optimistic!”

Roezilla · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2017

“Hi, I was taking this drug for depression. While on this drug a few weeks I suffered a T I A... A small stroke. I was also on medication for high blood pressure, thyroid , cholesterol and depression and a pain medication After my T I A , I am on aspirin, plus a blood thinner, nerve pain, and a higher dose of my blood pressure pill. Has any one else had a stroke on this medication”

squididly face January 17, 2017

“Started and have stayed on the very lowest mg. of Rexulti.( for roughly four months) Almost immediately I felt so much better, and as the days went on, I felt "alive" again. Did have an issue with hot flashes, but it didn't last long. My Pdoc is trying to see if I can get a reduction on the cost of this med. Hope he can, because if not, I have no other med that works for me, and it's back to doomsville again. I have D.I.D., PTSD; anxiety, and panic disorder. This drug really keeps me focused, and on an even emotional keel. Very pleased.”

Geo 516 November 7, 2016

“I was prescribed Rexulti when my daily depression meds began to no longer work for me. It started working almost instantly I have been on Rexulti along with my daily meds, and I have been feeling better then ever.”

Obeewonkenobi · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2016

“I'm only in my second week of the Rexulti, but feeling terrible. Hot flashes, dizziness, blurred vision, weight gain, bloating, shortness of breath, and suicidal thoughts. My depression feels much worse! I'm kind of at the end of my rope because I've tried everything else, even MAOI's. But I'm definitely going to have to get off of this med. :(”

Justkeepswimming · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2016

“I am on my 3rd week of Rexulti. My doctor gave it to me for major anxiety and depression. My depression is gone and my anxiety is 80 percent better. My pmdd is even better, I no longer walk around under this dark cloud not wanting to live. I can't take ssris. Every med I have been given didn't work or made me suicidal or gave me every side effect in the book. I was scared first trying this because of my usual reactions to medicines, and the fact that it is an a antipsychotic freaked me out. Only side effects are jaw pain, hungry all of the time but haven't gained weight yet. I feel so much better. This medicine saved me! (Knock on wood). Give it a try. By the way, I take it alone.”

Bearsky · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2016

“I'm currently on Day 8 of the Rexulti trial pack (stepping up dosage) and so far so good...except that I feel that it's deadened sex drive. However, that can be remedied I think. The benefit is that my "painful emotions" accompanying serious depression have all but vanished. And so far I have not experienced any akathisia, which is my most feared side effect from any of the atypical antipsychotics (such as Seroquel). We'll see how it continues. Yes, it is quite expensive, but I think MediCal will cover.”

Scarman July 20, 2016

“I've been on Rexulti for four months now and I'm up from 142 lbs to 170 lbs. this weight sucks!!! I've never been this big! Unfortunately it's done exactly what I needed it to as far as my mental health goes. I'm seeing my doctor today and will be discussing alternate medications.”

Pamie in Pompano · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2016

“When my psychiatrist finally put me on 1 mg. of Rexulti, it was a life saver. My latest depressive episode seemed intractable until then, but a major drawback has been sleep interruption, often as early as 3 am. My mind races and it's often more fun to get up than to stay in bed. I rarely sleep beyond 6 am, no matter how late I go to sleep. My much valued afternoon naps have also become infrequent too. I also take Pamelor 75 mg. per day and Seroquel 75 mg. per day. Doctor said that I'd have to come off the Seroquel since it's the same drug family as the Rexulti. Well, I've decided to get off the Rexulti and keep my Seroquel since the Seroquel helps me sleep and wears off by morning. Rexulti is absurdly expensive.”

Shirlene1120 · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2016

“I started taking this a week ago and since then get very little sleep. I take ambian and Valium at night and it has proved ineffective so for. I'm hoping this is one of those side effects that go with time. It's hard to function when you're awake every two hours.”

No longer Blue · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2016

“I have been on citalipram\celexa 40mg for years & it just wasn't working anymore....my Psych added the Rexulti .5 mg 3weeks ago and I have never felt better! I take them both @ bedtime. only real side affect is nausea sometimes in the middle of the night. I am so grateful to be able to live again. My doc has given me a month's more samples while they work to try and get my insurance to accept this new med....I hope they do cause my pharmacy quoted me $1000 (not a typo) for my prescription!”

Alesiapateporter · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 1, 2016

“Medication along with 100 mg of pristiq made me feel great until the weight came on. Getting off rexulti to see if it helps”

rexultiNewbie May 5, 2016

“in my third week of 05 mg as add on to Paxil, After first week I thought to myself, "so this is what its like to feel good, up beat and happy" Now this week i definately notice increase in appetite, constantly snacking and looking for something to eat. That will not make me happy as weight issues were already a problem. Also a bit troublesome is I am feeling tingling in my arm. from wrist all the way up to my elbow. Tingling numb, soemthing is off. My guess its the rexulti. See doctor on MOnday and will update. If it gets worse I will follow up sooner”