User Reviews for Rexulti to treat Depression (Page 2)

Rexulti Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Rexulti

kris May 17, 2019

“Hello! I am and 18 year old girl and I have a hell of a story. I was put on zoloft for a long time - maybe 3 years, so I started when I was 15 years old which was when I was diagnosed with depression. 3 years went by and I started getting worse and worse. They misdiagnosed me - I really had bipolar disorder so they then took me off the Zoloft cold turkey. Then they put me on Latuda and Lamictal. Latuda made me throw up 30 minutes after taking it, plus it didn't work. The lamictal did help my mood though, so they took me off Latuda. I felt so hopeless. That was until about a month and a half ago, when I was put on Rexulti and within a day of taking it, I felt so much better. No joke, this Rexulti is a miracle drug, everything has been so much better. It helps me feel balanced and I don't have severe episodes. It really calmed me down and made me happier. My only complaint is that I had a big appetite within the first two days of taking it. To those searching for a prescription that works- PLEASE at least TRY rexulti.”

Beloved · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2019

“This medicine is hard to rate. While taking it, I had never felt better. Seriously, my depression was gone, I felt like getting out again. I felt like I had my life back, BUT I began having cravings like I had never had before. I was eating uncontrollably. I was getting up in the middle of the night to eat. I have never had this behavior before and I'm in my 40's. In the past, if I began gaining weight, I immediately talked to the doctor and had my medication switched. However, this time, I was conflicted. The way I felt taking Rexulti felt like a miracle and I hated the idea of quitting, until.....I gained 70lbs!! I even gained 20 lbs in 3 days. I finally felt I had no choice but to stop Rexulti. I've been miserable for almost two years now. I've recently lost 23 lbs, but it has been so difficult. If I could go back, I would have switched after the first 10 lbs!! Sometimes, it feels like a no win situation. I'm committed to losing weight. I've got to do this!”

"B" · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 2, 2019

“Rexulti works if you are in a rough spot, but I have gained 80 lbs using this. My brain works, but the weight gain is not healthy for me. My doctor and I have agreed to discontinue this medication and are looking into alternatives. I lost 15 pounds the first week I lowered my dosage in half. I will continue to reduce dosage until it is out of my system. Anyone that uses this I would recommend keeping tabs and seeing what effect it has on your body during the first few months.”

Brittany · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2019

“My problems are Bi-Polar disorder, anxiety, depression. I was switched from Latuda 80mg to Rexulti (which my doctor pushed on me and had samples). I also take Adderall, Prozac. I started having tremors, and the biggest panic attack in my life that I ended up in the hospital. I didn’t know what was wrong with me so I switched to an NP there. We both thought it was the Adderall making me tremor, this morning NO TREMORS. I went back to Ability 10mg at night with my other usual meds! This med is NOT for people with non-polar disorder, it will make you worse. I’m sure it will help with depression but they have no proven facts stating that Rexulti is for non-polar. Studies actually made it clear it made bi-polar worse.”

Matt · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2019

“I was on Lexapro for many years, 20 mg/day. It helped with anxiety but not really for my depression. Began Rexulti and is started working within 2 days. I started at 0.5 mg and worked myself up to 2 mg/day. I have significantly increased energy and went from sleeping 8 hours to 6 hours a night. Mood has been better and activities seem doable and world is bright again. I seem to have less "dread" about life activities and feel happier, more energetic, and ready to tackle the world. No spasms, or other strange side effects.”

Rocklinrobin · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 11, 2019

“I am presently trying to recover my mind after feeling depressed for about 6 months. I have been taking Pristique for years, and my doc added Rexulti a week ago. I must admit it is SLOW going, writing this is exhausting. I see a psychiatrist that I like and admire, I have severe depression on both sides of the family. I've had episodes of depression in the past, neither this intense nor long and I'm scared. I have vowed not to harm myself, to my husband and children, who top my gratitude list, but I'm dancing as fast as I can.”

KAK · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2019

“Wow! It's only my first day on rexulti and the difference is amazing. I have lots of energy and am so happy!!!”

T March 15, 2019

“I’ve been on every Depression medication imaginable, none that worked totally. I was in a deep dark hole, fatigue, depression, paranoid. With being prescribed Rexulti in just a few days, I have my life back, I have all my energy back, depression is now hardly zero and my paranoia has diminished! No side effects for me! I recommend trying this to anyone suffering like I was!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2019

“I was put on .25 mg of rexulti to help the effect of my Lexapro. After increasing the rexulti to .50 I had my first major seizure. I was taken to the hospital and they said it was probably a non epileptic seizure. I called my doctor who said it could not be caused by the rexulti and increase the dosage to 1mg. After that my seizures increased to three or four times a week. I weaned myself off rexulti and now I am seizure free. Please be careful with this drug.”

Kn · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2019

“I never write reviews? But I feel this is totally necessary to tell how amazingly well this drug worked for me. I have had a horrible year. I’ve been on Prozac for 15 years and all of a sudden it stopped working. I switched to Zoloft and had relief for 5 months and that stopped working. My doctor prescribed rexulti and I’ve been on it for a month. I feel like I have my life back. I feel better than I have felt before even on Prozac. I started feeling better after 2 days and felt like myself again at 4 days. Zero side effects on this medication for me. It’s beyond worth a try.”

tkmetal · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2018

“Took Latuda did nothing for me so Psych started me on Rexulti in mid-September. Took me off for a week in November because side effects were severe, shaking leg, irritable, restlessness. Been back on it almost 6 weeks going from 0.5mg to 2mg now feel a little ok but still have lack of interest in things I enjoyed, I still have sadness, I'm functional but not really present. Read that some of these meds can take up to 6- 8 weeks before I feel full affect. I'm on Pristiq 100 mg and 2 Clonzapem a day. Hopefully will feel full effects shortly. ”

Justagirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2018

“I've been on Rexulti for about 5 months now. I told myself I would write a review because I know there are people out there looking for hope and good reviews. This drug definitely took me out of a dark hole. It took 3 days for it to work. I remember waking up feeling normal again. I take it as an add on to my anti-depressant Mirtazapine. I gained weight at the beginning but I was able to shed it off shortly after. I have some extrapyramidal effects but nothing weird. I just feel a weird twitch in a muscle every now and then. I keep an eye on it though. Other than that, no other bad side effects. I would give it a chance if your anti-depressant isn't doing enough. I take 1mg.”

Natalie · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2018

“I was put on this medication to help with the fatigue I’ve been experiencing for close to 2 years. I was taking it in conjunction with Cipralex (20 mg) which I’ve been on for 8 years. I was taking 0.5 mg of Rexulti for the past 3 months and my energy levels were great. Unfortunately it made me gain 20 pounds in that time. My appetite was out of control... seriously, I was eating out like 4-5 times per week and binging at night. Insane. I just went off of it close to 2 weeks ago and after 2 days my appetite went back to normal. I just can’t be on antipsychotics.”

crazydude81 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2018

“Dear God, save me from this drug.I took this for 2-3 months, violently sick 2 my stomach daily. My doc tried a variety of antidiarrea pills to no avail; I lived in the bathroom. I worked to d/c thru a slow taper, causing the worst drug w/d I've ever encountered. Going from 2mg to 1mg I threw up IN my car TWICE, & walked around w/intense nausea. I had to taper at a 1/4 mg after that, sick throughout. I eventually got off-a near wk ago, & bc of its lovely 91 hr 1/2 life I'm still stuck in the bathroom. I wake up nightly, rushing to the bathroom. It's lightening-up but "better" has never been such a relative word. I guess a decrease from 20+ trips without warning to 7-8 times with a "manageable" 15 minute daytime warning is an improvement, but it's not quality of life. No prior major stomach issues, just this nasty pill that's caused a complete life interruption. At the very start of a stomach issue I'd advise tapering off, there is no drug known to man that can control Rexulti's effects on your GI track.”

Go,nel · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2018

“The Doctor gave me 14 day trial and after second day I felt change. I went from dark place, hearing voices and other issues. To almost being the women I was 3 years ago. I'm HAPPY AGAIN and with that been said I'm motivated and I stopped sleeping long hours out of day. Depression disorder is such hard thing to overcome. And finally now I feel courage to move on. The only problem I've is my out of pocket cost $250. And at moment I do not have money resources. I lost my job over 2 years and had accident year ago in which I'm still recovering. I'm saving every penny to buy month supply.”

LFR September 25, 2018

“I have had depression for years. I have ADHD also. I take wellbutrin, adderall and trazadone for it all. I have been on rexulti for a 3 weeks now. I have not gained any weight. I have lost 10lbs so far with WW on it. I am a full time college student. Rexulti has helped me more with of my ADHD symptoms. It has helped with my concentration also. I am glad they finally have come out with something that I am able to actually loose weight on.”

Cuteme87 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2018

“I think I have finally found what works for me! It took a lot of trial and error. I am currently on Pristiq (the generic kind) 100mg, Rexulti 1mg, and Vyvanse 75mg everyday. I take the Vyvanse and half an mg of Rexulti in the morning and Pristiq and another half an mg of Rexulti at night. The 1mg Rexulti all at once gave me anxiety by the end of the day. Now I have back my passion, my drive, and excitement for life! I have anxiety, depression, and ADD, but these medications balance out everything correctly.”

Jhmedic65 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 17, 2018

“I am one of those people who went through every antidepressant ever (paxil, prystiq, effexor, wellbutrin, etc.) Finally landed on prozac. Felt much better, but far from ok. After several months, rexulti was added. I am one of the lucky ones I suppose, because within hours I knew I had just won my own personal lottery - a med combo that worked for me. I now know what I have never known my whole life - what it's like to feel normal. I feel like this drug combo saved my life. My wife and kids do too best of luck to those struggling, because it took me 36 years to get the combination right. Tried it all. I recommend trying this combo to all. If it doesn't work, keep trying. It's worth the frustration when you feel it for the first time - normalcy. It is expensive unless you are willing to fill out the paperwork and get it for free. ;)”

jeny90 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2018

“Had major anxiety for about 4 months which lead to a bad depression. Doc prescribed me rexulti because he said it will be a quick fix, and it worked for me within 4 days I felt like my old self. My constant thoughts cleared up, I could enjoy life again. Problem is I was gaining weight like CRAZY. Doc also told me possible side effects down the road (muscle twitching). He now has me taking Vybriid and it was doing good for a while, but now that I am off the Rexulti I feel depressed again.”

Chris · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2018

“I have been on Rexulti 1mg for 11 days now. I feel it is helping. I do not yet feel “good” or “great”, but I feel a little more alive and glad to be alive. So for that I give it a rating of 7 for now. Only time will tell if it will make a bigger different in the next couple weeks. I am also on 150mg of Venlafaxine as well.”

Badback · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2018

“Just started rexulti just now Tuesday July the 3rd with trintellix at 10AM read all reviews soooooo I hope it works for me I been through to many different DEPRESSION MEDS”

Sandy · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2018

“Diagnosed with treatment resistant depression early 90's. Nothing would get me out of bed; it was so bad I self-medicated with meth for 23 years just so I could function. Quit meth in 2014, which put me back in bed despite Zoloft & Wellbutrin which were chosen because most everything else I had tried had failed. About 4 weeks ago I started Rexulti 1mg as adjunct. This past week there is no denying I have more energy. I've gone so long with none, yet this week I am tending to things & have a great outlook. I'm amazed to be feeling this well. Have trouble falling asleep & have slight uneasy/restless feeling, but after so many years feeling like the living dead, I actually welcome a bit of restlessness. MHMR public health service applied to the manufacturer for me, and they approved it free. Rexulti is truly a miracle from God. I wish every person out there the strength, blessings, and power of God to fight and win your battle.”

Jayne June 11, 2018

“I have had 3 nervous breakdowns. I am on Zoloft and Xanax - I have not felt good for 5 years. I started this medication as an add on to Zoloft - I feel like I have my life back!”

andy June 10, 2018

“I just started last weekend will update soon”

kmac · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2018

“I only took Rexulti 2 times. My psychiatrist gave me a trial pack to try in addition to my other psych meds due to a particularly stressful time in my life that had my usual depression and anxiety far worse than "usual". The first time I took it was in the morning and I was so tired all of that day that I couldn't even stay awake. I also felt no different at all and have heard that there is often a difference in how you feel within hours of first dose. Second time I took it at night thinking that maybe I wouldn't be affected by sleepiness then. I was still so tired the next day that I couldn't stay awake. This is not normal for me. So I didn't take any more. I can only figure this was due to the med because there were no other changes that should have caused it.”