User Reviews for Otezla to treat Psoriatic Arthritis (Page 4)

Otezla Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Otezla

trxas Bill December 29, 2015

"Otezla gave me a lung infection. For thee weeks I coughed up blood. It took two rounds of hi-powered antibiotics to get over it."

Zfg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 24, 2015

"I started taking Otezla in January 2015 & stopped in August due to price. It definitely helped my Psoriasis & also psoriatic arthritis but not completely. There are many side affects that are not mentioned. I had very bad backache & also my Hb A1c went up to 6.2 though I am not diabetic & also lost weight on Otezla. After stopping Otezla now A1c is 5.7 & backache is better too."

John6250 December 22, 2015

"Works fantastic."

Moldy shoe December 1, 2015

"I was on the 28 day starter pack made it to the regular dose of 30 mg 2x aday Severe headaches like I have never experienced before, I have had migraines for over 40 years these were worse. MD reduced dose to 30 once a day. Still had some headaches, jaw pain and nausea the side effects have outweighed the good- no real improvement in hands - will stop taking Otezla It also made me extremely moody and angry."

Bill 1940 · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2015

"Otezla did not work for me. The good part was that the pain in my fingers and toes went down about 50%. The bad part was that my stomach was upset most of the time. I was dead dog tired all of the time. I would get up, eat breakfast and need to lay back down. Otezla neutralized the flow max I am taking for my prostate. I had headaches every day or two. It was not a good experience for me. "

Lola7 November 7, 2015

"Ortezla made me so very sick. I give this drug all thumbs down. Almost ended up in the hospital. It has very bad side effects, some not even listed"

John534 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 26, 2015

"I've been taking Otezla for over 6 months now. Works great, joint pain is greatly reduced and the side effects have been very minimal."

Finally something that works October 14, 2015

"My rheumatologist gave me 2 sample packs of Otezla, and by the time I finished the first pack, I could see a major difference in my skin plaques. They had all but disappeared. When I completed the second pack, they were gone, and the pain in my joints, especially my fingers, was improving. To me, this is a miracle drug. I type for a living, and my fingers were becoming so stiff, I thought I was going to have to quit my job. No flakes from my scalp, no plaques on the back of my legs, upper arms, or anywhere else they normally appeared. I haven't lost any weight so far. It's terribly expensive, but my rheumatologist gave me a 0 co-pay card with the samples, and I got on the program with Otezla with just one phone call for a year."

JustMe101 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2015

"After about a month and a half, with both psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis, I don't think Otezla has helped either condition for me. Side effects have been minimal; very mild diarrhea and some limited loose stools. Joints seem the same to slightly worse, patches seem the same. After the fight I had to put up for insurance approval,.....the results are a huge disappointment thus far. Will continue to four months. This is my very first, non-topical, med."

Fifergirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2015

"I was diagnosed with PA in 2005..was on MTX Enbrel Humira...in 2011 I was taken off the Enbrel because I developed Basel Cell Carcinoma and was told that the BC was from the suppression of my immune system. Now the PA came back with a vengeance in July 2015 I went to my Rheum and she told me of Otezla and started me on sample packs. She said it does not suppress the immune system so of course I was so happy. Still as of today I am not approved by my ins co...they say I need to try Enbrel Humira and Stellara!!!! My Dr is running out of sample pacs and I am livid now because I just got off the phone with Ins Supervisor and she said Otezla does suppress the immune system and I should be trying the other "Preferred Drugs"...HELLO???? HELP"

mellymelz August 15, 2015

"This was the hardest drug to get and be approved. I was doing the bridge pack and kept having to call the doctors to get them to keep trying with insurance. Then I had to keep calling otezla to keep it coming to my house. I never felt fully better. Maybe just a tiny bit but definitely not worth all the hassle. I ended up just quitting since I couldn't get it here on time and it kept lapsing my treatment."

Poundhoundmom · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 30, 2015

"I started taking this in August 2014. Initially, I did get the headaches and nausea. Once I got through the starter pack it was starting to resolve. I have lost about 18 lbs, but that's a good thing. I'm not finding that it works really well for me - not like the injectables. I have large patches of psoariasis on my legs and arms, and a smaller one on my scalp. I'm using steroid ointment on these but nothing is making them go away. I was still hurting pretty badly, even with the drug. My rheumatologist gave me something called Leflunomide 20 mg(Arrava) to boost the Otezla. It seemed to work a little better for my joints after that. I am still on 5 mg oral prednisone and Diclofenac 2x a day for inflammation. I'm a pretty tough case."

lharris319 July 12, 2015

"I have tried other medications and nothing worked. This medication started working very quickly. I loved it was oral and not a shot. I was starting to drop me up and thought I would have to quit working. I was 35 yrs old with 2 young girls. I was not ready to give up"

smudgysmom · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2015

"After all the years of other medications that either didn't work or I had a reaction to I was prescribed otelza. It was working.No more psoriatic arthritis pain. I didn't have any side effects and it also cleared up my psoriasis. Amazing. I did lose some weight but that was ok. Unfortunately my insurance company decided not to cover this drug and I couldn't afford it. After running out I had a bad relapse within a month. I got so sick from the relapse and I ended up losing my job. My rheumatologist is fighting to get it back. It truly was the only medication that worked for me."

JoeJ19971 June 22, 2015

"Had swollen joints in hands, knee pain and neck pain. No real skin issues other than 2 small spots. RA was inconclusive, so PsA was the diagnosis. Doctor gave me a choice of Humira, Enbrel or Otezla to try - I picked Otezla. On week three and the results are quite good. The pain and swelling is greatly reduced and the side effects of Otezla are very minimal. Very happy so far."

Rachelcat · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2015

"I have severe psoriatic arthritis but I do not have the rash. I've been on this medicine just a week but notice improvement already. I am pretty nauseous all the time, and it seems like I may lose weight because of it... But, frankly, I need to lose 110lbs anyways so... Win win?"

StrvenToronto June 15, 2015

"I'm only on day 7 of this medication so too early to tell but I'm am experiencing severe nausea as expected "

JoeM9249 · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2015

"So far I have had none of the side effects they warn you about. Pain and swelling is reduced. The only downside is that is could take up to 16 weeks to receive the full benefits. Wish it worked quicker."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 7, 2015

"Have been on since approved by FDA in 2013. Previously on MTX and Enbrel which I had to discontinue due to CMV and Epstein-Barr virus. Otezla works great on my joints and skin....BUT....I have lost 30#, now wt. is 88-90#. SEVERE nausea, diarrhea. Am taking lexapro, 10mg for depression. cannot take 30 mg bid, Dermatologist has reduced to 15mg hs. Still have the severe nausea, diarrhea, but much better. I am cutting the tabs in half . 10mg is manufactured for the the titration dose, but can't get this for a maintenance dose. WHY NOT? So, I will continue to take 15mg daily because it works GREAT for severe PsA and psoriasis and I have no other options."

jelisa · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2015

"its has cleared 98 percent of my body i still have some like in my ears but very small and like two spots on both legs but overall i am happy i still have pain in my ankles sometimes but that only comes from where i work (in a hospital) very seldom do i get nauseous or have diarrhea but i would recommend this medicine to everyone because it worked for me."

BadAqua May 13, 2015

"I am on day 6 of this medicine today. So far I have had the headache, more frequent bowel movements, and yesterday I developed pain in my left arm at my joints for shoulder and elbow and fingers as well."

Ben10 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2015

"When I first started taking the medicine I experienced diarrhea as expected. My nausea began to get worse. I thought I would give it a chance and ride out the side effects. They started getting worse, I am four months into this. I have been very sick because of this medicine, I went 3 days without being able to hold a meal down without vomiting. I have lost 15 pounds since starting. This medicine reacted badly with me, the bad outweighs the bad for me. I hope no one else has to go through this."

CLdillon · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2015

"I have both plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and this has helped BOTH immensely. I had no idea it was also used for psoriasis, but I currently have only about 4 lesions on my whole body, NONE on my scalp, in my ears or skin folds (this is AMAZING). For PsA, I was only diagnosed with that about a year ago (I thought I had Osteoarthritis until the surgeon told me the operation would be riskier because of PsA!). I immediately went to a rheumatologist & started meds. Cancelled surgery and I'm doing pretty well. Not entirely pain free, but HUGELY improved! Insurance originally approved the med but is now questioning it. Waiting for a ruling."

Learn more about Psoriatic Arthritis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)