User Reviews for Acetaminophen to treat Pain

Also known as: Tylenol, Paracetamol, Panadol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Extra Strength, Panadol ActiFast, Ofirmev, Arthritis Pain Relief, Children's Tylenol, Mapap, Pharbetol, Tactinal, Calpol Paediatric, Cipla Genpharm Paracetamol, Tempra Quicklets, Calpol Infant, Galpamol, Tylenol 8 Hour, Abenol, Acephen, Panadol Childrens, Doliprane, Silapap Childrens, Atasol, Atasol Forte, Mapap Extra Strength Rapid Burst, Infant's Tylenol, Alvedon, Aminofen, Panamax, Panadol Osteo, Mapap Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Childrens Paracetamol, 7T Gummy ES Chewable Tablets, Conney Aspirin-Free, Panadol Gel Caps, Tylophen, Genapap, Panadol Colourfree Drops, Bi-Lo Paracetamol, Biochemie Paracetamol, Blooms the Chemist Paracetamol, Panadol Extend, Vitapap, Bristol Pharma Paracetamol, Actimol Infant, ConRx Extra Strength, PediaCare Infants' Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, PediaCare Children's Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, PediaCare Smooth Melts Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, Altenol, Capital Chemist Paracetamol, Lemsip Cold and Flu Liquid Capsule, Children's Silapap, Febrol Solution, Febridol Infant Drops, Chem Mart Chemadol Children 1 to 5 Years, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree Children 5-12 Years, Chemists Own Chiildrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years, Lemsip Headcold, Chemists Own Childrens Paracetamol 1-5 Years, Lemsip Max, Chemists Own Paracetamol, Lemsip Original, Chemists Own Paracetamol Capseals, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain & Fever 1 Month to 2 Years, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain & Fever 1 to 5 Years, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain and Fever 5 to 12 Years, Chemplus Paracetamol, Chemworld Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Double Strength 5-12 Years, Chemworld Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Junior 1-5 Years, Chemworld Paracetamol, Chemworld Paracetamol Infant Colour Free, HyVee Health 8 Hour Pain Relief, Bydol, Chem Mart Chemadol, Leader 8 Hour Pain Reliever, Children's ElixSure, Mapap Rapid Release Gelcaps, Fawns & McAllan Paracetamol, Zee Unaspirin ES, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree Childrens 1-5 Years, Midol Long Lasting Relief, Childrens Panadol 1 - 5 Years Colourfree, Childrens Panadol 1 - 5 Years, Childrens Panadol 5 - 12 Years Colourfree, Childrens Panadol 5 - 12 Years, Equaline Pain Relief, Help I Have A Headache, Febridol Clear Effervescent, Panadol Rapid Handipak, Panadol Soluble, Gold Cross Paracetamol, Tylenol Cold Sore Throat, Alpha First Aid Supplies Paracetamol, Guardian Childrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years, Guardian Paracetamol, Guardian Paracetamol Tabsules, Feverall, Topcare Arthritis Pain Relief, Panadol Jr, Flu Strength Hot Lemon Powders, Genebs, Buckley's Complete, Tylenol Regular Strength, Panamol, Apra, Claradol, Anacin Aspirin Free, Dafalgan, Conacetol, Dolono, Doliprane Adultes, Coles Paracetamol, Genapap Extra Strength, Doliprane Sans Sucre, Dolitabs, Home Brand Paracetamol, Dolko, Dolko Enfants, Dolotec Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Body Aches Efferalgan Efferalgan Pediatrique Efferalganodis Expandox Dolono Infant Geluprane Ed-APAP Country Chemists Paracetamol Actamin Adprin B BF-Paradac DG Health Pain Reliever Tycolene Triaminic Fever Reducer Pain Reliever Triaminic Infant Drops Tylenol Cool Caplet Extra Strength Mapap Rapid Tabs Jr. Tylenol Elixsure Fever/Pain Disprol Soluble Paracetamol Disprol Paracetamol Infantaire Drops Lemsip Pharmacy Non-Decongestant Formula Cetafen Calpol Fastmelts Calpol Six Plus Masophen Nortemp Children's Anadin Paracetamol UN-Aspirin Extra Strength Valorin Actimol Children's Dakota Paracetamol Panamax 240 Febridol Cuprofen for Children Cetafen Extra Lemsip Childrens Cold & Flu Fennings Childrens Cooling Aurophen Duatrol SR Aldi Hedanol Paracetamol M-Pap Alphapharm Paracetamol Amadol Paracetamol Tylenol Sore Throat Daytime Amcal Childrens Paracetamol 1-5 Years Amcal Childrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years Orajel Maximum Strength Toothache Amcal Paracetamol Pain Relief Topcare 8 Hour Pain Relief Amcal Paracetamol Infant Drops 1 Month to 2 Years Febridol Syrup for Children Amcal Paracetamol Tabsules Guardian Childrens Paracetamol Dymadon Panadol Gel Tabs API Healthcare Coloufree Childrens Paracetamol API Healthcare Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Double Strength Panadol Mini Caps API Healthcare Paracetamol …show all brand names

Acetaminophen Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1454 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen

Yeayeakitty · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 10, 2020

Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen): “My doctor won't prescribe medication for my fibromyalgia and arthritis pain. He told me to take Tylenol Arthritis. Well, it works sometimes, but most of the time it barely touches the pain. If I take aspirin with it, it works better. But I'm still in a lot of pain. I don't like using creams, because I had a cat die from Icy Hot poisoning, so that's not really an option. I need something else.”

wclaybo · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 16, 2019

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “In the early nineties I was taking Tylenol for severe headaches. We had first responders in our workplace that pushed me to larger strengths and doses. "You're a big guy, you need it, you can take it." Don't listen. Never go over the recommended dose for your weight, It will permanently damage your liver. My liver transplant was Dec. 19, 1996.”

taper-nightmare · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “It’s one of the most worthless medicines I know of. I have tried Tylenol on numerous occasions throughout my life for migraines, back pain, menstrual cramps, post surgical pain, arthritis pain because some doctor or friend has recommended it. Each time it did absolutely nothing for me. Aspirin is a better pain reliever. Now with severe chronic pain, my Doctor wants me to try it again. No thank you. I give it 1 star because I never suffered any side effects from it.”

B. · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “I had a sudden experience of lower back pain, to the point where it hurt to breathe, and I wasn't able to sit because it meant bending my back. I took 2 pills of the extra strength. After about 15-20 minutes I could breathe without crying, it was still extremely painful to sit, but after another 15 minutes or so 90% of the pain was completely gone. So thankful for Tylenol extra strength!”

Lawgal February 6, 2019

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen): “I had my rotator cuff repaired and I was sent home with a block in my arm that did not even last 24 hours. Also I was sent home with a liquid bulb of pain medicine around my neck with the tubing inserted into my shoulder. In less than 24 hours the tubing leaked twice and finally just fell out. I had one pain medicine prescription. I had to half each one into 4. It was terrible pain and the doctors advised me to take extra strength Tylenol. It does noting for me. I don’t understand why there’s a push to take Tylenol. I’m certain Tylenol would work for me if I exceeded the recommended does. Thus, why so many people have liver damage. Tylenol and extra strength Tylenol is like taking nothing. I even tried going without it and then taking Tylenol. No difference!!! Nothing!!”

Suckyourmomdingdong January 12, 2019

Paracetamol (acetaminophen): “Does not work. Made me more ill than I am”

mtusa7 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 1, 2019

Paracetamol (acetaminophen): “It is the ABSOLUTE WORST PAINKILLER to take when you have period pain. It does did not ease my period pain at all. I would not recommend it to anyone . DON'T TOUCH IT. I am very lucky now that I do not take Paracetamol anymore.”

Kk · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2018

“Doesn't do thing for real pain. Back pain, arthritis etc. Aged 89”

Yas · Taken for 10 years or more November 26, 2018

Paracetamol (acetaminophen): “I had a headache and it didn’t help me one tiny bit just made my headache 100x worse”

Shell · Taken for 10 years or more April 11, 2018

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “I have gotten migraines from childhood. I also am very active and sometimes suffer neck and shoulder pain resulting in yet another headache. I have used tylenol for my entire adult life and I cannot even think of what life would've been without it. I have always gotten high fevers with no other symptoms when others get sick. Tylenol has helped me thru all of it. From migraines, to horrible monthly cramps. Crazy when I think about it...It allowed me to function normally through some of the worst moments of life. I am, thankfully, a perfectly healthy 51 yr old and 2 hrs ago I woke with a sickening headache from 3 days of hard yard work. All gone now. Got to thinking...I should say..."Thank you Tylenol."”

cvdixon29 · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2017

Tylenol 8 Hour (acetaminophen): “I use it a few times per week for pain flares with my chronic pain. It seems to work better than extra strength and longer. I don't need to rely on my oxycodone as much now that I take this for some pain flares. That being said, not every pain flare is the same and I end up still using one of my oxycodone. I'm allowed up to 4 per day, but now I take one or two since I started to use Tylenol 8 hour. I use the store brand of it too and it works just as well.”

Dedicated_dad · Taken for 10 years or more November 15, 2017

“It cannot be overstated how dangerous this medication is. Over 100 teens DIE yearly in the USA ALONE from an Acetaminophen OD. I believe personal experience is illustrative & common so I'll share. The child was not truly trying to harm herself, as with most, they don't think it can harm them, their desire is to regain control. They may vomit - regardless, they wake the next morning feeling embarrassed but fine, unaware their liver is dying inside them - & by the time they realize they are sick, nothing can be done. Please EDUCATE YOUR CHILDREN ON THE DANGERS of this is liver-killing POISON! NEVER EXCEED recommended dosage, I never go above 3 doses daily, & NEVER MIX WITH ALCOHOL! I also avoid APAP meds, 5Mg oxycone, not Percocet, etc”

Matthias N · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2017

“Two 500 mg caplets taken at a time, 4 times a day. Did not work at all for my severe pain resulting from an abscessed tooth. Only got relief when using two 500 mg caplets of Bayer aspirin.”

Jwright7784 · Taken for 10 years or more August 22, 2017

“I take acetaminophen for various reasons, mostly headaches though. I was advised to stay away from all NSAID medications due to the risk of GI bleeding when mixed with anti-depressants. Acetaminophen isn't the best pain relieving substance but it works well enough for me.”

Anonymous August 14, 2017

Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen): “This helped me through the day like no other OTC medicine.”

Brunib May 10, 2017

Tylenol 8 Hour (acetaminophen): “If I take one 8 hour pill before getting up in about a half hour I am good to go for the whole day. I have osteoarthritis.”

Soldiermom · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2017

Tylenol Cool Caplet Extra Strength (acetaminophen): “Took one capsule before going to bed for a week to help sleep (arthritis). Had a reaction of hypertension and tachycardia. Stopped taking anything extra beside regular meds. Took it again about a month later. Had the same reaction, only much worse. Ended up in the OR. Realized what the cause was. I have never taken anymore and condition has not returned after three months. My doctors were not aware of this reaction from Tylenol until I found this site.”

Innocent. O January 9, 2017

Paracetamol (acetaminophen): “Administered an IV bolus of 600mg of Paracetamol to a patient in severe to moderate pain and patient suddenly started sleeping off but that was not expected so I checked and found the pulse unrecordable and BP not measurable. Quickly gave and IV bolus of saline and restored vitals and subsequently monitored patient for the next six hours. I think the effect of rapid administration IV should be hammered on.”

Great for muscle pain · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2016

Coles Paracetamol (acetaminophen): “Although I have a side effect of dry mouth and mild dizziness it takes away the pain as it should. The dry mouth appears when taking 4 or more in and 12hr period. Whereas the dizziness is more immediate 1hr after indigestion but dissipates an 1 to 2 hrs after ingestion.”

Brookie Kooky August 22, 2016

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen): “I started taking Tylenol Extra Strength for pain after a deep puncture wound requiring skin glue. It's powerful stuff, so I never took more than 1,000 milligrams (2 pills) at a time. The max daily dose is 4,000 milligrams, but I never need(ed) that much; about half of that does the trick for me. I haven't had any negative side effects, but I worry I may become dependent on it if I don't taper off soon. I've read what it can do to a person's liver...”

be2 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 15, 2015

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “For migraines tylenol works better than ibuprofen for me”

two much giggles May 3, 2015

Vitapap (acetaminophen): “Good”

Paracetamol_doesn't_work · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2015

Paracetamol (acetaminophen): “Paracetamol has no pain- relief effect on me, whatsoever.”

Dyl bruh · Taken for 10 years or more March 15, 2015

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “I would take two 500mg pills once a day. I used it for occasional tooth aches because of my braces. It helped alot. Alot better than ibuprofen or naproxen actually.”

John Boing · Taken for 10 years or more December 14, 2013

Paracetamol (acetaminophen): “Helps lower my blood sugar. I take 500 mg a day I live in the UK.”