Tylenol Arthritis PainPronunciation
Generic Name: acetaminophen
Dosage Form: tablet, film coated, extended release
Active ingredient (in each gelcap)
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscular aches
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- the common cold
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 6 gelcaps in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you have difficulty swallowing large tablets or capsules. People over 65 may have difficulty swallowing these tablets.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- the tablet got stuck in your throat
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- take 2 gelcaps every 8 hours. Swallow only one gelcap at a time.
- take a sip of water before swallowing each gelcap and wash each gelcap down with water (up to a full 8 oz glass)
- swallow whole – do not crush, chew, split or dissolve
- do not take more than 6 gelcaps in 24 hours
- do not use for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor
under 18 years of age
- ask a doctor
- store at 20–25°C (68–77°F). Avoid high humidity.
- do not use if carton is opened or neck wrap or foil inner seal imprinted with "Safety Seal®" is broken
- see end panel for lot number and expiration date
|under 18 years of age||
benzyl alcohol, butylparaben, castor oil, corn starch, edetate calcium disodium, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, gelatin, hydroxyethyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, methylparaben, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, powdered cellulose, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, propylparaben, shellac, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium propionate, sodium starch glycolate, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
See New Warnings Information
Acetaminophen Extended Release Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
For The Temporary Relief Of Minor Arthritis Pain
20 GELCAPS-650 mg each
*Gelatin-Coated Capsule-Shaped Tablets
|TYLENOL ARTHRITIS PAIN
acetaminophen tablet, film coated, extended release
|Labeler - McNeil Consumer Healthcare Div McNeil-PPC, Inc (878046358)|
More about Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating