User Reviews for Acetaminophen

Also known as: A-Pak Laboratories Paediatric Analgesic Paracetamol, Abenol, Accidental First Aid Supplies Paracetamol, Accidental Rapatabs, Acephen, Aceta, Acetaminophen-odan, Actamin, Actimol Children's, Actimol Infant, Adprin B, Aldi Hedanol Paracetamol, Alpha First Aid Supplies Paracetamol, Alphapharm Paracetamol, Altenol, ...show all 308 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen.

Fever 6 reviews 356 medications

6.7
Sciatica 3 reviews 282 medications

Summary of Acetaminophen reviews 45 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Acetaminophen

For Pain: "Two 500 mg caplets taken at a time, 4 times a day. Did not work at all for my severe pain resulting from an abscessed tooth. Only got relief when using two 500 mg caplets of Bayer aspirin."

Matthias N (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen) for Muscle Pain: "It helps slightly but with Ehlers-Danlos and recurrent dislocations/subluxations it only helps a little if at all. It might help much more with minor conditions."

cathd2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I take acetaminophen for various reasons, mostly headaches though. I was advised to stay away from all NSAID medications due to the risk of GI bleeding when mixed with anti-depressants. Acetaminophen isn't the best pain relieving substance but it works well enough for me."

Jwright7784 (taken for 10 years or more) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen) for Pain: "This helped me through the day like no other OTC medicine."

Anonymous August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Pain: "Almost useless and toxic, acetaminophen is all I can take concomitantly with Plavix."

Thompab August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol 8 Hour (acetaminophen) for Pain: "If I take one 8 hour pill before getting up in about a half hour I am good to go for the whole day. I have osteoarthritis."

Brunib May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Sciatica: "Tylenol is the only thing that helps my pain right now. Cannot function otherwise. Cannot sleep either. Even prescribed pain meds did not work as well."

KIZZK (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol Cool Caplet Extra Strength (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Took one capsule before going to bed for a week to help sleep (arthritis). Had a reaction of hypertension and tachycardia. Stopped taking anything extra beside regular meds. Took it again about a month later. Had the same reaction, only much worse. Ended up in the OR. Realized what the cause was. I have never taken anymore and condition has not returned after three months. My doctors were not aware of this reaction from Tylenol until I found this site."

Soldiermom (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Administered an IV bolus of 600mg of Paracetamol to a patient in severe to moderate pain and patient suddenly started sleeping off but that was not expected so I checked and found the pulse unrecordable and BP not measurable. Quickly gave and IV bolus of saline and restored vitals and subsequently monitored patient for the next six hours. I think the effect of rapid administration IV should be hammered on."

Innocent. O January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Coles Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Although I have a side effect of dry mouth and mild dizziness it takes away the pain as it should. The dry mouth appears when taking 4 or more in and 12hr period. Whereas the dizziness is more immediate 1hr after indigestion but dissipates an 1 to 2 hrs after ingestion."

Great for muscle pain (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen) for Pain: "I started taking Tylenol Extra Strength for pain after a deep puncture wound requiring skin glue. It's powerful stuff, so I never took more than 1,000 milligrams (2 pills) at a time. The max daily dose is 4,000 milligrams, but I never need(ed) that much; about half of that does the trick for me. I haven't had any negative side effects, but I worry I may become dependent on it if I don't taper off soon. I've read what it can do to a person's liver..."

Brookie Kooky August 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "For migraines tylenol works better than ibuprofen for me"

be2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen) for Sciatica: "I have found very little relief from this otc medication."

skb1020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vitapap (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Good"

two much giggles May 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Paracetamol has no pain- relief effect on me, whatsoever."

Paracetamol_doesn't_work (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "I would take two 500mg pills once a day. I used it for occasional tooth aches because of my braces. It helped alot. Alot better than ibuprofen or naproxen actually."

Dyl bruh (taken for 10 years or more) March 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Helps lower my blood sugar. I take 500 mg a day I live in the UK."

John Boing (taken for 10 years or more) December 14, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Help’s some but, not much."

Steve Pig (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "MUCH less effective than aspirin or other NSAIDS, does nothing for me for headaches or arthritis."

capt.tom October 25, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Muscle Pain: "Great for backache."

iansmed (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 23, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Muscle Pain: "It's for fever and muscle pain. It's the best if you have a muscle pain after training or the next day. 30 minutes after taking the pill you will be just fine."

LeJzi January 27, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "It works decently, but it's not strong enough for my back pain."

Anonymous September 22, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Sciatica: "Tylenol does nothing for my sciatica. The pain is there all the time."

Anonymous August 5, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Fever: "Pain: not very effective. No side effects, easy to use. Fever: definitely a 10. Always helps. This got a high rating due to the fever-reducing."

Quorrah May 10, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Tylenol PM helps me so much with my pain at night because at night my back pain is the worst and every once in a while I take a Tylenol PM and I feel great and can sleep well and I also feel better the next couple days. "

reneefrendewey May 5, 2011