User Reviews for Acetaminophen

Also known as: Tylenol, Paracetamol, Panadol, Mapap, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Extra Strength, Ofirmev, Arthritis Pain Relief, Doliprane, Perfalgan, Children's Tylenol, Pharbetol, Actamin, Paracetamol Teva, Panadol Osteo, Altenol, Buckley's Complete, Dafalgan, Tycolene, Cetafen, Calpol Fastmelts, Cipla Genpharm Paracetamol, Acephen, Tempra, Q-Pap, Calpol Infant, Calpol Six Plus, Panadol ActiFast, Panamax, Paracare, Pain Clear Paracetamol, Vitapap, Bristol Pharma Paracetamol, Feverall, Panadol Childrens, Doliprane Adultes, Efferalgan, Uniserts, Paracetamol Almus, Paracetamol Arrow, Adprin B, Paracetamol Sandoz, Atasol, Mapap Extra Strength Rapid Burst, Tactinal, Aminofen, Anadin Paracetamol, Valorin, Actimol Children's, Remedol, Paralgin, Mapap Arthritis Pain, Paraspen, RP Scherer Paracetamol, Soul Pattinson Childrens Paracetamol Elixir, Promax, Soul Pattinson Colour Free Paracetamol Drops, API Healthcare Paracetamol, Terry White Chemists Paracetamol, Pharmacist Advice Paracetamol, Terry White Chemists Paracetamol Colourfree Children 5-12 Years, Tylenol Childrens Paracetamol, Conney Aspirin-Free, Priceline Paracetamol, Panadol Gel Caps, Pacimol Caplets, Pharmore Paracetamol, Tylophen, Genapap, Sigma Pain Relief, Setamol, Paraspen Drops, Panadol Colourfree Drops, Pharmacist Paracetamol Infant Drops, Tylenol 8 Hour, Pharmacist Paracetamol Infant Drops Colour Free, Bi-Lo Paracetamol, Pain-Eze Paracetamol Infant Drops Colour Free, Pharmaction Paracetamol, Biochemie Paracetamol, Healthsense Pain Relief Drops Children 1 Month to 2 Years, Pharmacist Advice Paracetamol Infant Drops, Hexal Comfarol, Blooms the Chemist Paracetamol, Panadol Extend, Abenol, Paracetamol Soluble, Sigma Paracetamol, Actimol Infant, ConRx Extra Strength, PediaCare Infants' Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, PediaCare Children's Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, Pharmacy Health Paracetamol Colour Free Childrens, PediaCare Smooth Melts Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, Pharmacy Health Paracetamol Colour Free Infants and Childrens Drops 1 Month-4 Years, Mapap Children's, Capital Chemist Paracetamol, Lemsip Cold and Flu Liquid Capsule, Children's Silapap, Febrol Solution, Pharmacy Health Own Name Paracetamol for Children, Febridol Infant Drops, Chem Mart Chemadol Children 1 to 5 Years, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree Children 5-12 Years, Chemists Own Chiildrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years, Lemsip Headcold, Chemists Own Childrens Paracetamol 1-5 Years, Lemsip Max, Chemists Own Paracetamol, Lemsip Original, Chemists Own Paracetamol Capseals, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain & Fever 1 Month to 2 Years, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain & Fever 1 to 5 Years, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain and Fever 5 to 12 Years, Chemplus Paracetamol, Chemworld Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Double Strength 5-12 Years, Chemworld Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Junior 1-5 Years, Chemworld Paracetamol, Chemworld Paracetamol Infant Colour Free, HyVee Health 8 Hour Pain Relief, Bydol, Chem Mart Chemadol, Leader 8 Hour Pain Reliever, Children's ElixSure, Little Fevers, Mapap Rapid Release Gelcaps, Fawns & McAllan Paracetamol, Zee Unaspirin ES, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree Childrens 1-5 Years, Midol Long Lasting Relief, Childrens Panadol 1 - 5 Years Colourfree, Childrens Panadol 1 - 5 Years, Childrens Panadol 5 - 12 Years Colourfree, Childrens Panadol 5 - 12 Years, Equaline Pain Relief, Help I Have A Headache, Febridol Clear Effervescent, Herron Paracetamol Tabsules, Panadol Rapid Handipak, Panadol Soluble, Paralgin Paracetamol Tabsules, Pharmacist Childrens Paracetamol Colourfree 1-5 Years, Pharmacist Childrens Paracetamol Colourfree 5-12 Years, Pharmacy Health Colour Free Childrens Paracetamol, Gold Cross Paracetamol, Tylenol Cold Sore Throat, Alpha First Aid Supplies Paracetamol, Guardian Childrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years, Guardian Paracetamol, Guardian Paracetamol Tabsules, Rex Paracetamol, Topcare Arthritis Pain Relief, Panadol Jr, Flu Strength Hot Lemon Powders, Paineze Paracetamol, Health Care Chemist Paracetamol Infant Drops Colour Free, Genebs, Herron Gold Paracetamol Tabsules, Tylenol Regular Strength, Panamol, Herron Paracetamol, Tempra 2, Tempol, Herron Paracetamol Capseals, Tempra 3, Taminol, Herron Paracetamol Capseals Handy Pack, Herron Paracetamol Handy Pack, Apra, Q-Nol, Claradol, Anacin Aspirin Free, Conacetol, Dolono, Coles Paracetamol, Genapap Extra Strength, Doliprane Sans Sucre, Dolitabs, Home Brand Paracetamol, Q-Pap Extra Strength, Dolko, ICN Paracetamol, Redutemp, Dolko Enfants, Dolotec, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Body Aches, James Dean Pharmacy Paracetamol, Pain-Eze, Efferalgan Pediatrique, Efferalganodis, Silapap Childrens, Expandox, Dolono Infant, Geluprane, Paracetamol Biogaran, Ed-APAP, Paracetamol EG, St. Joseph Aspirin-Free, Country Chemists Paracetamol, Paracetamol Ivax, Paracetamol Merck, Liquiprin, Paracetamol Qualimed, Paracetamol Ranbaxy, BF-Paradac, Paracetamol RPG, DG Health Pain Reliever, Tempra Quicklets, Paracetamol Sandoz Conseil, Lloydspharmacy Paracetamol Six Plus, Paracetamol Winthrop, Triaminic Fever Reducer Pain Reliever, Lloydspharmacy Paracetamol Infant, Paracetamol Zydus, Triaminic Infant Drops, Atasol Forte, Paralyoc, Tylenol Cool Caplet Extra Strength, Perfalgan Nourrissons Et Enfants, Mapap Rapid Tabs, Jr. Tylenol, Infant's Tylenol, Elixsure Fever/Pain, Infadrops, Disprol Soluble Paracetamol, Disprol Paracetamol, Galpamol, Paldesic, Calpol Paediatric, Medinol Paediatric, Medinol Under 6, Alvedon, Infantaire Drops, Lemsip Pharmacy Non-Decongestant Formula, Masophen, Medinol Over 6, Nortemp Children's, Paracets, Hedex, UN-Aspirin Extra Strength, Mandanol, Dakota Paracetamol, Miradol, Umphamol, Panamax 240, Parahexal, Febridol, Mid West Products Numol Paracetamol, Parmol, Silapap Infants, Cuprofen for Children, Mapap Infant Drops, Mandanol Infant, Cetafen Extra, Mandanol 6+, Lemsip Childrens Cold & Flu, Fennings Childrens Cooling, Duatrol SR, Aldi Hedanol Paracetamol, Under Ten Care Infant, Alphapharm Paracetamol, Amadol Paracetamol, No Frills Paracetamol, Tylenol Sore Throat Daytime, Nova Paracetamol, Mapap Meltaway, Numark Paracetamol, Amcal Childrens Paracetamol 1-5 Years, Nyal Paracetamol, Medi-Tabs, Amcal Childrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years, Orajel Maximum Strength Toothache, Amcal Paracetamol Pain Relief, Ordov Febrigesic Paracetamol, Topcare 8 Hour Pain Relief, Amcal Paracetamol Infant Drops 1 Month to 2 Years, Pain-Eze Paracetamol Infant Drops, Febridol Syrup for Children, Amcal Paracetamol Tabsules, Pharmacist Advice Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Double Strength, Guardian Childrens Paracetamol, Pharmacist Formula Paracetamol, Pharmacist Formula Infants, RP Scherer Paracetamol Liquid-Filled Capsules, Savings Paracetamol, Signature Range Paracetamol, Dymadon, Soul Pattinson Colour Free Paracetamol 1-5 Years, Soul Pattinson Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol, Panadol Gel Tabs, API Healthcare Coloufree Childrens Paracetamol, Soul Pattinson Paracetamol, API Healthcare Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Double Strength, Soul Pattinson Paracetamol Clear Effervescent, Panadol Mini Caps, Pharmacy Health Paracetamol, Terry White Chemists Colour Free Paracetamol 1-5 Years, Pharmacist Paracetamol, Terry White Chemists Colour Free Paracetamol Infant Drops …show all brand names

Fever

5.9

Summary of Acetaminophen reviews 7.0 57 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen

taper-nightmare · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "It’s one of the most worthless medicines I know of. I have tried Tylenol on numerous occasions throughout my life for migraines, back pain, menstrual cramps, post surgical pain, arthritis pain because some doctor or friend has recommended it. Each time it did absolutely nothing for me. Aspirin is a better pain reliever. Now with severe chronic pain, my Doctor wants me to try it again. No thank you. I give it 1 star because I never suffered any side effects from it."

B. · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "I had a sudden experience of lower back pain, to the point where it hurt to breathe, and I wasn't able to sit because it meant bending my back. I took 2 pills of the extra strength. After about 15-20 minutes I could breathe without crying, it was still extremely painful to sit, but after another 15 minutes or so 90% of the pain was completely gone. So thankful for Tylenol extra strength!"

Lawgal February 6, 2019

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen) for Pain: "I had my rotator cuff repaired and I was sent home with a block in my arm that did not even last 24 hours. Also I was sent home with a liquid bulb of pain medicine around my neck with the tubing inserted into my shoulder. In less than 24 hours the tubing leaked twice and finally just fell out. I had one pain medicine prescription. I had to half each one into 4. It was terrible pain and the doctors advised me to take extra strength Tylenol. It does noting for me. I don’t understand why there’s a push to take Tylenol. I’m certain Tylenol would work for me if I exceeded the recommended does. Thus, why so many people have liver damage. Tylenol and extra strength Tylenol is like taking nothing. I even tried going without it and then taking Tylenol. No difference!!! Nothing!!"

still hurting · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2019

For Sciatica: "My doctor insisted I take acetaminophen in spite of me telling him it has never helped with any pain I have ever had, and surprise! It had no effect on my severe sciatica pain either. I don't know why doctors keep prescribing it considering there are studies readily available to anyone who can read, that have proven that acetaminophen is no better than placebo when it comes to back pain relief (the Cochrane Reviews), AND "Analysis of national databases show that acetaminophen-associated overdoses account for about 50,000 emergency room visits and 25,000 hospitalizations yearly." (Dr. Aric Hausknecht, a New York neurologist and pain management specialist.) My experience is that it doesn't work and I can read so I know it is ineffective period and is dangerous; and I am astonished and offended when a medical professional who should know better tells me to take it for any reason."

Suckyourmomdingdong January 12, 2019

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Does not work. Made me more ill than I am"

mtusa7 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 1, 2019

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "It is the ABSOLUTE WORST PAINKILLER to take when you have period pain. It does did not ease my period pain at all. I would not recommend it to anyone . DON'T TOUCH IT. I am very lucky now that I do not take Paracetamol anymore."

Kk · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2018

For Pain: "Doesn't do thing for real pain. Back pain, arthritis etc. Aged 89"

Yas · Taken for 10 years or more November 26, 2018

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "I had a headache and it didn’t help me one tiny bit just made my headache 100x worse"

Shell · Taken for 10 years or more April 11, 2018

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "I have gotten migraines from childhood. I also am very active and sometimes suffer neck and shoulder pain resulting in yet another headache. I have used tylenol for my entire adult life and I cannot even think of what life would've been without it. I have always gotten high fevers with no other symptoms when others get sick. Tylenol has helped me thru all of it. From migraines, to horrible monthly cramps. Crazy when I think about it...It allowed me to function normally through some of the worst moments of life. I am, thankfully, a perfectly healthy 51 yr old and 2 hrs ago I woke with a sickening headache from 3 days of hard yard work. All gone now. Got to thinking...I should say..."Thank you Tylenol.""

Tony February 25, 2018

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Sciatica: "Tylenol is the only OTC medication that helps my sciatica"

cvdixon29 · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2017

Tylenol 8 Hour (acetaminophen) for Pain: "I use it a few times per week for pain flares with my chronic pain. It seems to work better than extra strength and longer. I don't need to rely on my oxycodone as much now that I take this for some pain flares. That being said, not every pain flare is the same and I end up still using one of my oxycodone. I'm allowed up to 4 per day, but now I take one or two since I started to use Tylenol 8 hour. I use the store brand of it too and it works just as well."

Dedicated_dad · Taken for 10 years or more November 15, 2017

For Pain: "It cannot be overstated how dangerous this medication is. Over 100 teens DIE yearly in the USA ALONE from an Acetaminophen OD. I believe personal experience is illustrative & common so I'll share. The child was not truly trying to harm herself, as with most, they don't think it can harm them, their desire is to regain control. They may vomit - regardless, they wake the next morning feeling embarrassed but fine, unaware their liver is dying inside them - & by the time they realize they are sick, nothing can be done. Please EDUCATE YOUR CHILDREN ON THE DANGERS of this is liver-killing POISON! NEVER EXCEED recommended dosage, I never go above 3 doses daily, & NEVER MIX WITH ALCOHOL! I also avoid APAP meds, 5Mg oxycone, not Percocet, etc"

Matthias N · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2017

For Pain: "Two 500 mg caplets taken at a time, 4 times a day. Did not work at all for my severe pain resulting from an abscessed tooth. Only got relief when using two 500 mg caplets of Bayer aspirin."

cathd2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 18, 2017

Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen) for Muscle Pain: "It helps slightly but with Ehlers-Danlos and recurrent dislocations/subluxations it only helps a little if at all. It might help much more with minor conditions."

Jwright7784 · Taken for 10 years or more August 22, 2017

For Pain: "I take acetaminophen for various reasons, mostly headaches though. I was advised to stay away from all NSAID medications due to the risk of GI bleeding when mixed with anti-depressants. Acetaminophen isn't the best pain relieving substance but it works well enough for me."

Anonymous August 14, 2017

Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen) for Pain: "This helped me through the day like no other OTC medicine."

Thompab August 10, 2017

For Muscle Pain: "Almost useless and toxic, acetaminophen is all I can take concomitantly with Plavix."

Brunib May 10, 2017

Tylenol 8 Hour (acetaminophen) for Pain: "If I take one 8 hour pill before getting up in about a half hour I am good to go for the whole day. I have osteoarthritis."

KIZZK · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2017

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Sciatica: "Tylenol is the only thing that helps my pain right now. Cannot function otherwise. Cannot sleep either. Even prescribed pain meds did not work as well."

Soldiermom · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2017

Tylenol Cool Caplet Extra Strength (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Took one capsule before going to bed for a week to help sleep (arthritis). Had a reaction of hypertension and tachycardia. Stopped taking anything extra beside regular meds. Took it again about a month later. Had the same reaction, only much worse. Ended up in the OR. Realized what the cause was. I have never taken anymore and condition has not returned after three months. My doctors were not aware of this reaction from Tylenol until I found this site."

Innocent. O January 9, 2017

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Administered an IV bolus of 600mg of Paracetamol to a patient in severe to moderate pain and patient suddenly started sleeping off but that was not expected so I checked and found the pulse unrecordable and BP not measurable. Quickly gave and IV bolus of saline and restored vitals and subsequently monitored patient for the next six hours. I think the effect of rapid administration IV should be hammered on."

Great for muscle pain · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2016

Coles Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "Although I have a side effect of dry mouth and mild dizziness it takes away the pain as it should. The dry mouth appears when taking 4 or more in and 12hr period. Whereas the dizziness is more immediate 1hr after indigestion but dissipates an 1 to 2 hrs after ingestion."

Brookie Kooky August 22, 2016

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen) for Pain: "I started taking Tylenol Extra Strength for pain after a deep puncture wound requiring skin glue. It's powerful stuff, so I never took more than 1,000 milligrams (2 pills) at a time. The max daily dose is 4,000 milligrams, but I never need(ed) that much; about half of that does the trick for me. I haven't had any negative side effects, but I worry I may become dependent on it if I don't taper off soon. I've read what it can do to a person's liver..."

be2 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 15, 2015

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: "For migraines tylenol works better than ibuprofen for me"

skb1020 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2015

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen) for Sciatica: "I have found very little relief from this otc medication."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)