User Reviews for Acetaminophen

Also known as: Tylenol, Paracetamol, Panadol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Extra Strength, Children's Tylenol, Mapap, Arthritis Pain Relief, Ofirmev, Cipla Genpharm Paracetamol, Doliprane, Tactinal, Calpol Paediatric, Tylenol 8 Hour, Pharbetol, Panadol ActiFast, Altenol, Lemsip Max, Acephen, Panadol Childrens, Efferalgan, Silapap Childrens, Atasol, Galpamol, Panamax, M-Pap, Panadol Extend, Abenol, PediaCare Smooth Melts Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, Dafalgan, Conacetol, Tycolene, Atasol Forte, Mapap Extra Strength Rapid Burst, Infant's Tylenol, Elixsure Fever/Pain, Calpol Infant, Disprol Paracetamol, Alvedon, Calpol Six Plus, Febridol, Panadol Osteo, Mapap Arthritis Pain, API Healthcare Paracetamol, Tylenol Childrens Paracetamol, 7T Gummy ES Chewable Tablets, Conney Aspirin-Free, Panadol Gel Caps, Tylophen, Genapap, Panadol Colourfree Drops, Bi-Lo Paracetamol, Biochemie Paracetamol, Blooms the Chemist Paracetamol, Vitapap, Bristol Pharma Paracetamol, Actimol Infant, ConRx Extra Strength, PediaCare Infants' Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, PediaCare Children's Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, Capital Chemist Paracetamol, Lemsip Cold and Flu Liquid Capsule, Children's Silapap, Febrol Solution, Febridol Infant Drops, Chem Mart Chemadol Children 1 to 5 Years, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree Children 5-12 Years, Chemists Own Chiildrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years, Lemsip Headcold, Chemists Own Childrens Paracetamol 1-5 Years, Chemists Own Paracetamol, Lemsip Original, Chemists Own Paracetamol Capseals, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain & Fever 1 Month to 2 Years, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain & Fever 1 to 5 Years, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain and Fever 5 to 12 Years, Chemplus Paracetamol, Chemworld Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Double Strength 5-12 Years, Chemworld Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Junior 1-5 Years, Chemworld Paracetamol, Chemworld Paracetamol Infant Colour Free, HyVee Health 8 Hour Pain Relief, Bydol, Chem Mart Chemadol, Leader 8 Hour Pain Reliever, Children's ElixSure, Mapap Rapid Release Gelcaps, Fawns & McAllan Paracetamol, Zee Unaspirin ES, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree Childrens 1-5 Years, Midol Long Lasting Relief, Childrens Panadol 1 - 5 Years Colourfree, Childrens Panadol 1 - 5 Years, Childrens Panadol 5 - 12 Years Colourfree, Childrens Panadol 5 - 12 Years, Equaline Pain Relief, Help I Have A Headache, Febridol Clear Effervescent, Panadol Rapid Handipak, Panadol Soluble, Gold Cross Paracetamol, Tylenol Cold Sore Throat, Alpha First Aid Supplies Paracetamol, Guardian Childrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years, Guardian Paracetamol, Guardian Paracetamol Tabsules, Feverall, Topcare Arthritis Pain Relief, Panadol Jr, Flu Strength Hot Lemon Powders, Genebs, Buckley's Complete, Tylenol Regular Strength, Panamol, Apra, Claradol, Anacin Aspirin Free, Dolono, Doliprane Adultes, Coles Paracetamol, Genapap Extra Strength, Doliprane Sans Sucre, Dolitabs, Home Brand Paracetamol Dolko Dolko Enfants Dolotec Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Body Aches Efferalgan Pediatrique Efferalganodis Expandox Dolono Infant Geluprane Ed-APAP Country Chemists Paracetamol Actamin Adprin B BF-Paradac DG Health Pain Reliever Tempra Quicklets Triaminic Fever Reducer Pain Reliever Triaminic Infant Drops Tylenol Cool Caplet Extra Strength Mapap Rapid Tabs Jr. Tylenol Disprol Soluble Paracetamol Infantaire Drops Lemsip Pharmacy Non-Decongestant Formula Cetafen Calpol Fastmelts Aminofen Masophen Nortemp Children's Anadin Paracetamol UN-Aspirin Extra Strength Valorin Actimol Children's Dakota Paracetamol Panamax 240 Cuprofen for Children Cetafen Extra Lemsip Childrens Cold & Flu Fennings Childrens Cooling Aurophen Duatrol SR Aldi Hedanol Paracetamol Alphapharm Paracetamol Amadol Paracetamol Tylenol Sore Throat Daytime Amcal Childrens Paracetamol 1-5 Years Amcal Childrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years Orajel Maximum Strength Toothache Amcal Paracetamol Pain Relief Topcare 8 Hour Pain Relief Amcal Paracetamol Infant Drops 1 Month to 2 Years Febridol Syrup for Children Amcal Paracetamol Tabsules Guardian Childrens Paracetamol Dymadon Panadol Gel Tabs API Healthcare Coloufree Childrens Paracetamol API Healthcare Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Double Strength Panadol Mini Caps …show all brand names

Fever 8.8
Muscle Pain 8.3
Pain 6.9
Sciatica 4.0
Summary of Acetaminophen reviews 6.9 66 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen

wono May 19, 2020

For Sciatica: “I really recommend giving actaminophen a shot. for a while it’s the only thing that would get my through the night because of my lower back and hip pain. Nothing else worked even sleeping meds. It made me comfort enough to sleep through most of the night. I'm not sure if it was because it made me drowsy or it took away the pain but it’s really a life saver”

Yeayeakitty · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 10, 2020

Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen) for Pain: “My doctor won't prescribe medication for my fibromyalgia and arthritis pain. He told me to take Tylenol Arthritis. Well, it works sometimes, but most of the time it barely touches the pain. If I take aspirin with it, it works better. But I'm still in a lot of pain. I don't like using creams, because I had a cat die from Icy Hot poisoning, so that's not really an option. I need something else.”

mohammad eleas shake molla · Taken for 10 years or more April 6, 2020

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Fever: “paracetamol is very fine medicine”

Peggy · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Sciatica: “Tylenol only gave me an upset stomach. Did nothing for my sciatica.”

Irfan · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 6, 2019

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Fever: “paracetamol is the best and safe drug. its really amazing”

Haeim November 28, 2019

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Fever: “I rate it 5, I've had a very high fever and after taking paracetamol it only made it worse. That is why, they suggested me to take paracetamol every 4 hours, as a result, my fever is now gone but my stomach is suffering. I currently have stomach/intestinal disturbances due to paracetamol. This medicine is 50:50”

TC216 · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2019

For Sciatica: “Did not do much for my pain. :(”

Jimmy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2019

For Muscle Pain: “Almost good for muscle pain”

wclaybo · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 16, 2019

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: “In the early nineties I was taking Tylenol for severe headaches. We had first responders in our workplace that pushed me to larger strengths and doses. "You're a big guy, you need it, you can take it." Don't listen. Never go over the recommended dose for your weight, It will permanently damage your liver. My liver transplant was Dec. 19, 1996.”

taper-nightmare · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: “It’s one of the most worthless medicines I know of. I have tried Tylenol on numerous occasions throughout my life for migraines, back pain, menstrual cramps, post surgical pain, arthritis pain because some doctor or friend has recommended it. Each time it did absolutely nothing for me. Aspirin is a better pain reliever. Now with severe chronic pain, my Doctor wants me to try it again. No thank you. I give it 1 star because I never suffered any side effects from it.”

B. · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: “I had a sudden experience of lower back pain, to the point where it hurt to breathe, and I wasn't able to sit because it meant bending my back. I took 2 pills of the extra strength. After about 15-20 minutes I could breathe without crying, it was still extremely painful to sit, but after another 15 minutes or so 90% of the pain was completely gone. So thankful for Tylenol extra strength!”

Lawgal February 6, 2019

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen) for Pain: “I had my rotator cuff repaired and I was sent home with a block in my arm that did not even last 24 hours. Also I was sent home with a liquid bulb of pain medicine around my neck with the tubing inserted into my shoulder. In less than 24 hours the tubing leaked twice and finally just fell out. I had one pain medicine prescription. I had to half each one into 4. It was terrible pain and the doctors advised me to take extra strength Tylenol. It does noting for me. I don’t understand why there’s a push to take Tylenol. I’m certain Tylenol would work for me if I exceeded the recommended does. Thus, why so many people have liver damage. Tylenol and extra strength Tylenol is like taking nothing. I even tried going without it and then taking Tylenol. No difference!!! Nothing!!”

still hurting · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2019

For Sciatica: “My doctor insisted I take acetaminophen in spite of me telling him it has never helped with any pain I have ever had, and surprise! It had no effect on my severe sciatica pain either. I don't know why doctors keep prescribing it considering there are studies readily available to anyone who can read, that have proven that acetaminophen is no better than placebo when it comes to back pain relief (the Cochrane Reviews), AND "Analysis of national databases show that acetaminophen-associated overdoses account for about 50,000 emergency room visits and 25,000 hospitalizations yearly." (Dr. Aric Hausknecht, a New York neurologist and pain management specialist.) My experience is that it doesn't work and I can read so I know it is ineffective period and is dangerous; and I am astonished and offended when a medical professional who should know better tells me to take it for any reason.”

Suckyourmomdingdong January 12, 2019

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: “Does not work. Made me more ill than I am”

mtusa7 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 1, 2019

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: “It is the ABSOLUTE WORST PAINKILLER to take when you have period pain. It does did not ease my period pain at all. I would not recommend it to anyone . DON'T TOUCH IT. I am very lucky now that I do not take Paracetamol anymore.”

Kk · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2018

For Pain: “Doesn't do thing for real pain. Back pain, arthritis etc. Aged 89”

Yas · Taken for 10 years or more November 26, 2018

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for Pain: “I had a headache and it didn’t help me one tiny bit just made my headache 100x worse”

Shell · Taken for 10 years or more April 11, 2018

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Pain: “I have gotten migraines from childhood. I also am very active and sometimes suffer neck and shoulder pain resulting in yet another headache. I have used tylenol for my entire adult life and I cannot even think of what life would've been without it. I have always gotten high fevers with no other symptoms when others get sick. Tylenol has helped me thru all of it. From migraines, to horrible monthly cramps. Crazy when I think about it...It allowed me to function normally through some of the worst moments of life. I am, thankfully, a perfectly healthy 51 yr old and 2 hrs ago I woke with a sickening headache from 3 days of hard yard work. All gone now. Got to thinking...I should say..."Thank you Tylenol."”

Tony February 25, 2018

Tylenol (acetaminophen) for Sciatica: “Tylenol is the only OTC medication that helps my sciatica”

cvdixon29 · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2017

Tylenol 8 Hour (acetaminophen) for Pain: “I use it a few times per week for pain flares with my chronic pain. It seems to work better than extra strength and longer. I don't need to rely on my oxycodone as much now that I take this for some pain flares. That being said, not every pain flare is the same and I end up still using one of my oxycodone. I'm allowed up to 4 per day, but now I take one or two since I started to use Tylenol 8 hour. I use the store brand of it too and it works just as well.”

Dedicated_dad · Taken for 10 years or more November 15, 2017

For Pain: “It cannot be overstated how dangerous this medication is. Over 100 teens DIE yearly in the USA ALONE from an Acetaminophen OD. I believe personal experience is illustrative & common so I'll share. The child was not truly trying to harm herself, as with most, they don't think it can harm them, their desire is to regain control. They may vomit - regardless, they wake the next morning feeling embarrassed but fine, unaware their liver is dying inside them - & by the time they realize they are sick, nothing can be done. Please EDUCATE YOUR CHILDREN ON THE DANGERS of this is liver-killing POISON! NEVER EXCEED recommended dosage, I never go above 3 doses daily, & NEVER MIX WITH ALCOHOL! I also avoid APAP meds, 5Mg oxycone, not Percocet, etc”

Matthias N · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2017

For Pain: “Two 500 mg caplets taken at a time, 4 times a day. Did not work at all for my severe pain resulting from an abscessed tooth. Only got relief when using two 500 mg caplets of Bayer aspirin.”

cathd2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 18, 2017

Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen) for Muscle Pain: “It helps slightly but with Ehlers-Danlos and recurrent dislocations/subluxations it only helps a little if at all. It might help much more with minor conditions.”

Jwright7784 · Taken for 10 years or more August 22, 2017

For Pain: “I take acetaminophen for various reasons, mostly headaches though. I was advised to stay away from all NSAID medications due to the risk of GI bleeding when mixed with anti-depressants. Acetaminophen isn't the best pain relieving substance but it works well enough for me.”

Anonymous August 14, 2017

Tylenol Arthritis Pain (acetaminophen) for Pain: “This helped me through the day like no other OTC medicine.”