User Reviews for Acetaminophen to treat Sciatica

Also known as: Tylenol, Paracetamol, Panadol, Tylenol Extra Strength, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Panadol Osteo, Mapap, Ofirmev, Arthritis Pain Relief, Doliprane, Children's Tylenol, Efferalgan, Silapap Childrens, Infant's Tylenol, Feverall, Tylenol 8 Hour, Genebs, Abenol, Calpol Infant, Genapap, Apra, Calpol Fastmelts, Mapap Arthritis Pain, Cipla Genpharm Paracetamol, Acephen, Panadol Childrens, Panamol, Pharbetol, Anacin Aspirin Free, DG Health Pain Reliever, Alvedon, Aminofen, Calpol Six Plus, Panamax, Panadol Colourfree Drops, Panadol Extend, Bristol Pharma Paracetamol, Altenol, Chemists Own Paracetamol Capseals, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain & Fever 1 to 5 Years, Buckley's Complete, Claradol, Doliprane Adultes, Doliprane Sans Sucre, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Body Aches, Tycolene, Atasol, Disprol Paracetamol, Calpol Paediatric, Cetafen, Valorin, M-Pap, Orajel Maximum Strength Toothache, Amcal Paracetamol Pain Relief, Tylenol Childrens Paracetamol, 7T Gummy ES Chewable Tablets, Conney Aspirin-Free, Panadol Gel Caps, Tylophen, Bi-Lo Paracetamol, Biochemie Paracetamol, Blooms the Chemist Paracetamol, Vitapap, Actimol Infant, ConRx Extra Strength, PediaCare Infants' Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, PediaCare Children's Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, PediaCare Smooth Melts Acetaminophen Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever, Capital Chemist Paracetamol, Lemsip Cold and Flu Liquid Capsule, Children's Silapap, Febrol Solution, Febridol Infant Drops, Chem Mart Chemadol Children 1 to 5 Years, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree Children 5-12 Years, Chemists Own Chiildrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years, Lemsip Headcold, Chemists Own Childrens Paracetamol 1-5 Years, Lemsip Max, Chemists Own Paracetamol, Lemsip Original, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain & Fever 1 Month to 2 Years, Chemists Own Paracetamol Pain and Fever 5 to 12 Years, Chemplus Paracetamol, Chemworld Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Double Strength 5-12 Years, Chemworld Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Junior 1-5 Years, Chemworld Paracetamol, Chemworld Paracetamol Infant Colour Free, HyVee Health 8 Hour Pain Relief, Bydol, Chem Mart Chemadol, Leader 8 Hour Pain Reliever, Children's ElixSure, Mapap Rapid Release Gelcaps, Fawns & McAllan Paracetamol, Zee Unaspirin ES, Chem Mart Chemadol Colourfree Childrens 1-5 Years, Midol Long Lasting Relief, Childrens Panadol 1 - 5 Years Colourfree, Childrens Panadol 1 - 5 Years, Childrens Panadol 5 - 12 Years Colourfree, Childrens Panadol 5 - 12 Years, Equaline Pain Relief, Help I Have A Headache, Febridol Clear Effervescent, Panadol Rapid Handipak, Panadol Soluble, Gold Cross Paracetamol, Tylenol Cold Sore Throat, Alpha First Aid Supplies Paracetamol, Guardian Childrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years, Guardian Paracetamol, Guardian Paracetamol Tabsules, Topcare Arthritis Pain Relief, Panadol Jr, Flu Strength Hot Lemon Powders, Tylenol Regular Strength, Dafalgan Conacetol Dolono Coles Paracetamol Genapap Extra Strength Dolitabs Home Brand Paracetamol Dolko Dolko Enfants Dolotec Efferalgan Pediatrique Efferalganodis Expandox Dolono Infant Geluprane Ed-APAP Country Chemists Paracetamol Actamin Adprin B BF-Paradac Tempra Quicklets Triaminic Fever Reducer Pain Reliever Triaminic Infant Drops Atasol Forte Tylenol Cool Caplet Extra Strength Mapap Rapid Tabs Jr. Tylenol Mapap Extra Strength Rapid Burst Elixsure Fever/Pain Tactinal Disprol Soluble Paracetamol Galpamol Infantaire Drops Lemsip Pharmacy Non-Decongestant Formula Masophen Nortemp Children's Anadin Paracetamol UN-Aspirin Extra Strength Actimol Children's Dakota Paracetamol Panadol ActiFast Panamax 240 Febridol Cuprofen for Children Cetafen Extra Lemsip Childrens Cold & Flu Fennings Childrens Cooling Aurophen Duatrol SR Aldi Hedanol Paracetamol Alphapharm Paracetamol Amadol Paracetamol Tylenol Sore Throat Daytime Amcal Childrens Paracetamol 1-5 Years Amcal Childrens Paracetamol 5-12 Years Topcare 8 Hour Pain Relief Amcal Paracetamol Infant Drops 1 Month to 2 Years Febridol Syrup for Children Amcal Paracetamol Tabsules Guardian Childrens Paracetamol Dymadon Panadol Gel Tabs API Healthcare Coloufree Childrens Paracetamol API Healthcare Colourfree Childrens Paracetamol Double Strength Panadol Mini Caps API Healthcare Paracetamol …show all brand names

Acetaminophen has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Sciatica. 31% of those users who reviewed Acetaminophen reported a positive effect, while 46% reported a negative effect.

Acetaminophen Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Acetaminophen

Eltee · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 8, 2021

“I have had a major back surgery and after tons of morphine, oxycodone, and OxyContin, the only things that takes my low back pain to zero is Buprenorphine. No type of injections worked either. However, the only thing, including all the opioids that helps my sciatic pain is Tylenol. I can’t take any NSAIDS due to kidney failure from Metformin and NSAIDS but they never helped my sciatica.”

Sunny November 1, 2020

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen): “Tylenol and Tylenol extra strength didn’t help my sciatica pain Tried Advil which helped the pain but made me feel flu symptoms”

miche October 25, 2020

“acetaminophen works for my Sciatica mine. I get them from a medical professional. I use them until I can get a cortisone shot. showers do help. Many over doses are caused by people taking the same medicine so you have to make sure you don't go over the prescribed daily dosage.I need to eat to keep from having a upset tummy. Also with any aspirin you are suppose to drink milk not water.”

still hurting · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2019

“My doctor insisted I take acetaminophen in spite of me telling him it has never helped with any pain I have ever had, and surprise! It had no effect on my severe sciatica pain either. I don't know why doctors keep prescribing it considering there are studies readily available to anyone who can read, that have proven that acetaminophen is no better than placebo when it comes to back pain relief (the Cochrane Reviews), AND "Analysis of national databases show that acetaminophen-associated overdoses account for about 50,000 emergency room visits and 25,000 hospitalizations yearly." (Dr. Aric Hausknecht, a New York neurologist and pain management specialist.) My experience is that it doesn't work and I can read so I know it is ineffective period and is dangerous; and I am astonished and offended when a medical professional who should know better tells me to take it for any reason.”

Ron · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2020

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “Tylenol did zero to help my Sciatic nerve pain, although it's helped in the past with other issues. - nothing else prescribed helped either but oddly enough Mocha flavoured monster drink would remove about 80% of the pain for about 5-8 hours. I have no idea why but it's the only relief I get.(except hot showers help too it seems)”

wono May 19, 2020

“I really recommend giving actaminophen a shot. for a while it’s the only thing that would get my through the night because of my lower back and hip pain. Nothing else worked even sleeping meds. It made me comfort enough to sleep through most of the night. I'm not sure if it was because it made me drowsy or it took away the pain but it’s really a life saver”

KIZZK · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2017

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “Tylenol is the only thing that helps my pain right now. Cannot function otherwise. Cannot sleep either. Even prescribed pain meds did not work as well.”

Anonymous August 5, 2011

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “Tylenol does nothing for my sciatica. The pain is there all the time.”

Tony February 25, 2018

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “Tylenol is the only OTC medication that helps my sciatica”

skb1020 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2015

Tylenol Extra Strength (acetaminophen): “I have found very little relief from this otc medication.”

Peggy · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

Tylenol (acetaminophen): “Tylenol only gave me an upset stomach. Did nothing for my sciatica.”

TC216 · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2019

“Did not do much for my pain. :(”

Gabriella September 9, 2020

“Tylenol doesn’t seem to help at all!”

Learn more about Sciatica