Children's Tylenol Suspension
Generic Name: acetaminophen
Dosage Form: oral suspension
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoon)
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning
if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1 800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- do not give for more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (tsp or mL)|
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35||2-3 years||1 tsp or 5 mL|
|36-47||4-5 years||1 ½ tsp or 7.5 mL|
|48-59||6-8 years||2 tsp or 10 mL|
|60-71||9-10 years||2 ½ tsp or 12.5 mL|
|72-95||11 years||3 tsp or 15 mL|
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 2 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not use if neck wrap or foil inner seal imprinted with "Safety Seal®" is broken or missing
- see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
anhydrous citric acid, butylparaben, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, xanthan gum
Questions or comments?
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
See New Warnings Information
Fever Reducer, Pain Reliever
3.38 FL OZ (100mL)
80 mg per 1/2 teaspoon
(160 mg per 5 mL)
|Labeler - McNeil Consumer Healthcare Div McNeil-PPC, Inc (878046358)|
More about Children's Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics