Children's Tylenol Suspension Dosage
Generic name: acetaminophen 160mg in 5mL
Dosage form: oral suspension
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 8, 2018.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- do not give for more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (tsp or mL)|
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35||2-3 years||1 tsp or 5 mL|
|36-47||4-5 years||1 ½ tsp or 7.5 mL|
|48-59||6-8 years||2 tsp or 10 mL|
|60-71||9-10 years||2 ½ tsp or 12.5 mL|
|72-95||11 years||3 tsp or 15 mL|
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
- Is acetaminophen a blood thinner?
- Can I use Tylenol for dengue fever?
- Is acetaminophen (Tylenol) an NSAID Drug?
- Can I take Tylenol while pregnant?
- Can I give my dog Tylenol?
- Is Tylenol an anti-inflammatory drug?
- Is acetaminophen the same as Tylenol?
- Acetaminophen vs ibuprofen: What is the difference?
- What antibiotics are used to treat bronchitis?
- Can you take paracetamol (acetaminophen) with antibiotics?
More about Children's Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- FDA Alerts (19)