Children's Tylenol Suspension Dosage
Generic name: acetaminophen 160mg in 5mL
Dosage form: oral suspension
Drug class: Miscellaneous analgesics
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 26, 2022.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- do not give for more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (tsp or mL)|
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35||2-3 years||1 tsp or 5 mL|
|36-47||4-5 years||1 ½ tsp or 7.5 mL|
|48-59||6-8 years||2 tsp or 10 mL|
|60-71||9-10 years||2 ½ tsp or 12.5 mL|
|72-95||11 years||3 tsp or 15 mL|
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
Frequently asked questions
- What's the best sore throat medicine to use?
- What medications cause liver enzymes to be elevated?
- Which painkiller should you use?
- Acetaminophen vs Ibuprofen: Which is better?
- What is paracetamol / panadol called in the US?
- How long does Percocet stay in your system?
- Advil (ibuprofen) & Tylenol (acetaminophen) together, is it safe?
- Can you take tramadol with acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or aspirin?
- How long does it take for Tylenol to start working?
- Is it safe to take acetaminophen every day?
- Is acetaminophen the same as Tylenol?
- Is Tylenol (acetaminophen) a blood thinner?
- Is acetaminophen (Tylenol) an NSAID Drug?
- Can you take paracetamol (acetaminophen) with antibiotics?
- Is Tylenol (acetaminophen) an anti-inflammatory drug?
More about Children's Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Drug images
- Latest FDA alerts (21)
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- En español
Paracetamol, Ofirmev, Arthritis Pain Relief, Mapap, ... +32 more
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.