User Reviews for Tylenol PM

Tylenol PM has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 29 ratings on Drugs.com. 50% of those users who reviewed Tylenol PM reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Insomnia
5.8
Headache
2.8
Pain
Summary of Tylenol PM reviews 5.6 29 reviews

Reviews for Tylenol PM

Jonathan H · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have severe back pain everyday. Just had back fusion surgery in May. It's difficult to get comfortable at night in order to fall asleep. However, after taking two Tylenol PM (the recommended dose) within the hour I'm comfortable enough to doze off. I stay asleep for 6-10 hours most nights. Without it I would maybe get a few hours a night if I was lucky. Hope it works well for everyone else!”

Brooklyntiki · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2020

For Insomnia: “I am delirious after taking Tylenol PM. Super hot, mind racing in a tortured/exhausted state. Have not stopped sweating can't get comfortable. Amplified exhaustion. Not bad enough for urgent care and too messed up to operate a car.”

bb · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2020

For Insomnia: “This stuff keeps me awake and feel pretty groggy in the mornings, especially when take 2 tablets. All using with good results take 1 or 2 tablets at bedtime?”

Insomniac · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have used Tylenol PM for a long time to help me fall asleep. Unlike Benadryl, this med actually keeps me asleep as well. However, the BEST effect from Tylenol PM is the dreams. I have had the most wonderful dreams.”

Cyd · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

For Insomnia: “It’s pretty effective at helping me sleep, I’m down for usually 10-12 hours. I usually get bad side effects from any medication I’m on, so here are the ones I’ve had. Feeling lightheaded, numbness in feet and legs, heart palpitations, blurred vision. Some of this may be my existing medical conditions but it’s worth mentioning. I don’t think I’d recommend taking this for a long amount of time?? I’m only using it to help me through the rest of school.”

agapeins April 28, 2016

For Insomnia: “The Tylenol PM worked .... TOO GOOD! After 20 minutes I would have a great night's sleep. I have been taking it for years .... then my son told me the new reports about this causing dementia. I stopped immediately. The side effects after I stopped have been pretty severe. I never dreamt that there would be withdrawals from this until I googled it but I have most of the symptoms (except for the shakes and nightmares).... dizzy, light headedness, nausea, unable to sleep. After all I thought, since I talked to my doctor over and over about them (and he said no problem) and they were over the counter, I was good. WRONG! Bad stuff. Tell everyone you know to stop them.”

Winnny January 26, 2013

For Insomnia: “I've been taking this med - or just the Benadryl, which is the sleep inducing part of Tylenol PM - for several years now, as needed. It definitely helps me to fall asleep more easily when I might otherwise lay awake for an hour or two. I did notice that it seems to loose its effectiveness somewhat if I use it too frequently. I've had no noticeable side effects.”

Anonymous October 24, 2012

For Insomnia: “When I take this medication I sleep through the night with no pain but wake up restless and feeling anxious and nervous all day. Also I get heart palpitations and difficult breathing. You have to be careful with this over the counter medication.”

BritTex September 29, 2008

For Insomnia: “I've taken other prescription sleep medications in the past but they do tend to make your drowsy and have all sorts of side effects. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and the pain stops me from sleeping. I now take this at bedtime with a small dose prescribed codeine. Between the painkillers and the "sleep" effect of the Tylenol, I truly can't believe how well I am sleeping! Just be aware that this can really make you fall asleep fast so do be ready for bed. I've spoken to four other people who have various pain problems and they all love this medication too.”

Sarah087 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 15, 2018

For Insomnia: “Well I take this on & off, especially when we are low on melatonin or I can't simply sleep on melatonin. Some nights I can't sleep with taking it, and I take both. Then it may take me a bit to actually fall asleep but I usually sleep 10/12 hours on it! My daughter told me she couldn't get me up the other day, I told her I remember her saying something to her & she was like yah but you wouldn't get out if bed. ”

Shaydrum February 10, 2015

For Pain: “I was very surprised when I took this medicine. I took it at 9pm and by 9:30 I was in bed sleep. It a high power pill and I rested all night. It a good pill besides the fact that I woke up the next morning and barely could get up and get dressed for work because I was still sleepy for the pill. It finally wore off at about 10am. It helped me a lot. I was told by a friend to take it for pain and I'm glad I got it.”

Auntj · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2017

For Insomnia: “I will never take this again. Woke with such a dry mouth I could barely swallow, and a need to use my inhaler. This is NOT a usual thing for me. Reading today, I see that anyone with asthma etc should not use this. I would echo that. I did sleep but still feel unwell and glad I only took TWO.”

Anonymous March 15, 2012

For Insomnia: “I really like this pill besides the fact that I sleep all day. I take the pill every few days at about 12, when I'm not tired and 15 minutes later I become drowsy. About 30 minutes after that, I'm asleep. but I tend to sleep really late. I don't hear my alarms and I can't get myself out of bed. If you do take this I would consider taking it earlier than you normally would. Other then that this pill is the best I have found and works great just like it says.”

Lexi · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2020

For Headache: “I hate this stuff. I took it at around 10:30pm and it did not help me sleep at all. I have been tossing and turning the whole night and having the most stressful, fast dreams. I woke up completely soaked in sweat even. I also am now awake at 5am (at least the third time I’ve woken up throughout the night) and my nose and throat are drier than the Sahara desert. I also have a heinous headache. I cannot wait until this stuff wears off so I don’t have to feel so dry and uncomfortable anymore.”

dogsgrandma · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2012

For Insomnia: “This medicine works well for me as a sleep agent and also reduces the itching from mosquito bites. However, I have to be careful when I take it because it seems to last for a couple of days. The "withdrawal" from it the next day includes increased pain.”

lfsilva October 1, 2009

For Headache: “This worked for a while then I started getting rebound headaches. I was waking up to excruciating headaches in the mornings after taking these at night after a period of time. They can increase with intensity over time. If you find this happening to you. You need to get off of them. They are rebound headaches.”

Anonymous March 22, 2009

For Headache: “I ocasionally use Tylenol rapid release during the day and recently developed cold and flu, so I decided to try Tylenol PM at night for better sleep. Make sure to read the drug interactions first, as I spent two restless nights with nervousness. Many of my friends take this product, so I'll pass it on to them, but if you are on other medication, check the list of side effects.”

Kris · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2019

For Insomnia: “Helped me fall asleep when I had severe sinus infection, and helped me sleep through the night.”

Amanda · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For Insomnia: “this stuff didn't work ! Kept me up all night and I was thinking one hundred thoughts per minute ....”

Pony princess 224 · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2015

For Insomnia: “Amazing made me sleep the whole night while I had insomnia. I give it a 2 thumbs up”

Insomnia6872 · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2020

For Insomnia: “It made me very down to be honest but still I tossed and turned for hours before I eventually got about 2 hours sleep”

Jayrret April 20, 2016

For Insomnia: “Mom took it for years and it caused her to have dementia!! Do not take it long term!!!!!”

MOs November 23, 2019

For Insomnia: “Does not put me to sleep long and give my stomach a ache I’ll stick with Benadryl”

patty · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 16, 2018

For Insomnia: “it helps me sleep but I still wake up, and feel tired for awhile”

Anonymous January 15, 2012

For Insomnia: “The last several times I have taken this I have become itchy and restless all night.”

Penishfddjhggh May 11, 2017

For Insomnia: “Great”

allyoop13 July 12, 2013

For Insomnia: “Works great for me.”

the mommy February 7, 2010

For Headache: “I really enjoy taking this when I'm hurting and all I want is to go to bed. Works like a charm for me.”