User Reviews for Tylenol PM to treat Insomnia

Tylenol PM has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 23 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 48% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Tylenol PM Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Tylenol PM

Insomniac · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2019

“I have used Tylenol PM for a long time to help me fall asleep. Unlike Benadryl, this med actually keeps me asleep as well. However, the BEST effect from Tylenol PM is the dreams. I have had the most wonderful dreams.”

Jonathan H · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2020

“I have severe back pain everyday. Just had back fusion surgery in May. It's difficult to get comfortable at night in order to fall asleep. However, after taking two Tylenol PM (the recommended dose) within the hour I'm comfortable enough to doze off. I stay asleep for 6-10 hours most nights. Without it I would maybe get a few hours a night if I was lucky. Hope it works well for everyone else!”

Cyd · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

“It’s pretty effective at helping me sleep, I’m down for usually 10-12 hours. I usually get bad side effects from any medication I’m on, so here are the ones I’ve had. Feeling lightheaded, numbness in feet and legs, heart palpitations, blurred vision. Some of this may be my existing medical conditions but it’s worth mentioning. I don’t think I’d recommend taking this for a long amount of time?? I’m only using it to help me through the rest of school.”

agapeins April 28, 2016

“The Tylenol PM worked .... TOO GOOD! After 20 minutes I would have a great night's sleep. I have been taking it for years .... then my son told me the new reports about this causing dementia. I stopped immediately. The side effects after I stopped have been pretty severe. I never dreamt that there would be withdrawals from this until I googled it but I have most of the symptoms (except for the shakes and nightmares).... dizzy, light headedness, nausea, unable to sleep. After all I thought, since I talked to my doctor over and over about them (and he said no problem) and they were over the counter, I was good. WRONG! Bad stuff. Tell everyone you know to stop them.”

Anonymous October 24, 2012

“When I take this medication I sleep through the night with no pain but wake up restless and feeling anxious and nervous all day. Also I get heart palpitations and difficult breathing. You have to be careful with this over the counter medication.”

Winnny January 26, 2013

“I've been taking this med - or just the Benadryl, which is the sleep inducing part of Tylenol PM - for several years now, as needed. It definitely helps me to fall asleep more easily when I might otherwise lay awake for an hour or two. I did notice that it seems to loose its effectiveness somewhat if I use it too frequently. I've had no noticeable side effects.”

BritTex September 29, 2008

“I've taken other prescription sleep medications in the past but they do tend to make your drowsy and have all sorts of side effects. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and the pain stops me from sleeping. I now take this at bedtime with a small dose prescribed codeine. Between the painkillers and the "sleep" effect of the Tylenol, I truly can't believe how well I am sleeping! Just be aware that this can really make you fall asleep fast so do be ready for bed. I've spoken to four other people who have various pain problems and they all love this medication too.”

Sarah087 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 15, 2018

“Well I take this on & off, especially when we are low on melatonin or I can't simply sleep on melatonin. Some nights I can't sleep with taking it, and I take both. Then it may take me a bit to actually fall asleep but I usually sleep 10/12 hours on it! My daughter told me she couldn't get me up the other day, I told her I remember her saying something to her & she was like yah but you wouldn't get out if bed. ”

Brooklyntiki · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2020

“I am delirious after taking Tylenol PM. Super hot, mind racing in a tortured/exhausted state. Have not stopped sweating can't get comfortable. Amplified exhaustion. Not bad enough for urgent care and too messed up to operate a car.”

Auntj · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2017

“I will never take this again. Woke with such a dry mouth I could barely swallow, and a need to use my inhaler. This is NOT a usual thing for me. Reading today, I see that anyone with asthma etc should not use this. I would echo that. I did sleep but still feel unwell and glad I only took TWO.”

Anonymous March 15, 2012

“I really like this pill besides the fact that I sleep all day. I take the pill every few days at about 12, when I'm not tired and 15 minutes later I become drowsy. About 30 minutes after that, I'm asleep. but I tend to sleep really late. I don't hear my alarms and I can't get myself out of bed. If you do take this I would consider taking it earlier than you normally would. Other then that this pill is the best I have found and works great just like it says.”

dogsgrandma · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2012

“This medicine works well for me as a sleep agent and also reduces the itching from mosquito bites. However, I have to be careful when I take it because it seems to last for a couple of days. The "withdrawal" from it the next day includes increased pain.”

Amanda · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

“this stuff didn't work ! Kept me up all night and I was thinking one hundred thoughts per minute ....”

Kris · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2019

“Helped me fall asleep when I had severe sinus infection, and helped me sleep through the night.”

Pony princess 224 · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2015

“Amazing made me sleep the whole night while I had insomnia. I give it a 2 thumbs up”

Jayrret April 20, 2016

“Mom took it for years and it caused her to have dementia!! Do not take it long term!!!!!”

Insomnia6872 · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2020

“It made me very down to be honest but still I tossed and turned for hours before I eventually got about 2 hours sleep”

MOs November 23, 2019

“Does not put me to sleep long and give my stomach a ache I’ll stick with Benadryl”

patty · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 16, 2018

“it helps me sleep but I still wake up, and feel tired for awhile”

bb · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2020

“This stuff keeps me awake and feel pretty groggy in the mornings, especially when take 2 tablets. All using with good results take 1 or 2 tablets at bedtime?”

Anonymous January 15, 2012

“The last several times I have taken this I have become itchy and restless all night.”

allyoop13 July 12, 2013

“Works great for me.”

Penishfddjhggh May 11, 2017

“Great”

Why? · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 8, 2021

“Tylenol p.m. makes me drowsy, I fall asleep and then after three hours I’m wide awake and cannot fall back to sleep.”

Learn more about Insomnia