S5 228 (Methylphenidate hydrochloride 5 mg)
Pill imprint S5 228 has been identified as Methylphenidate hydrochloride 5 mg.
Methylphenidate is used in the treatment of adhd; narcolepsy; depression; fatigue; obesity (and more), and belongs to the drug class CNS stimulants. Risk cannot be ruled out during pregnancy. Methylphenidate 5 mg is classified as a Schedule 2 controlled substance under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA).
- S5 228
- 5 mg
- Prescription only
- Drug Class:
- CNS stimulants
- Pregnancy Category:
- C - Risk cannot be ruled out
- CSA Schedule:
- 2 - High potential for abuse
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
- National Drug Code (NDC):
- Inactive Ingredients:
- lactose monohydrate
polyethylene glycol 8000
FD&C Blue No. 2
FD&C Red No. 40
Note: Inactive ingredients may vary.
More about methylphenidate
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 594 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: CNS stimulants
- Methylphenidate chewable tablets
- Methylphenidate controlled-release capsules
- Methylphenidate controlled-release tablets
- Methylphenidate extended-release capsules
- More... (7)
Related treatment guides
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 2017 Drugs.com, National Library of Medicine, Truven Health Analytics and Cerner Multum, Inc. All Rights Reserved.