Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 21, 2020.
Generic name: clobetasol propionate 0.5mg in 1g
Dosage form: cream, ointment
Apply a thin layer of TEMOVATE® Cream or Ointment to the affected skin areas twice daily and rub in gently and completely (see INDICATIONS AND USAGE).
TEMOVATE® Cream and Ointment are super-high potency topical corti-costeroids; therefore, treatment should be limited to 2 consecutive weeks and amounts greater than 50 g/week should not be used.
As with other highly active corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control has been achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, reassessment of diagnosis may be necessary.
TEMOVATE® Cream and Ointment should not be used with occlusive dressings.
Frequently asked questions
- How effective is it for hair growth?
- How do you apply clobetasol propionate for lichen sclerosus (lichen sclerosis)?
- How long does it take to work?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- What is clobetasol propionate cream used for?
- Can this drug make you gain weight?
- Can you use clobetasol on your face?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- Does clobetasol propionate topical solution help hair grow back?
- How long should you use clobetasol propionate cream for?
- What's difference between Olux and Olux-E?
More about Temovate (clobetasol topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 5 Reviews
- Drug class: topical steroids
- Patient Information
- Temovate (Advanced Reading)
- Temovate (Clobetasol Cream, Gel, and Ointment)
- Temovate (Clobetasol Solution)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.