Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 7, 2022.
Apply a thin layer of TEMOVATE® Cream or Ointment to the affected skin areas twice daily and rub in gently and completely (see INDICATIONS AND USAGE).
TEMOVATE® Cream and Ointment are super-high potency topical corti-costeroids; therefore, treatment should be limited to 2 consecutive weeks and amounts greater than 50 g/week should not be used.
As with other highly active corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control has been achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, reassessment of diagnosis may be necessary.
TEMOVATE® Cream and Ointment should not be used with occlusive dressings.
Frequently asked questions
- Does clobetasol cause hair loss or growth?
- How do you apply clobetasol propionate for lichen sclerosus?
- How effective is it for hair growth?
- What is clobetasol propionate cream used for?
- How long does it take to work?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- Can you use clobetasol on your face?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- What causes Plaque Psoriasis?
- Clobetasol vs. triamcinolone - how do they compare?
- Can this drug make you gain weight?
- Can clobetasol be used for toenail fungus?
- How long does clobetasol stay in your system?
- Can clobetasol propionate be used for poison ivy?
- How long should you use clobetasol propionate cream for?
More about Temovate (clobetasol topical)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (6)
- En español
- Drug class: topical steroids
- Latest FDA Alerts (1)
- Drug Information
- Temovate (Advanced Reading)
- Temovate (Clobetasol Cream, Gel, and Ointment)
- Temovate (Clobetasol Solution)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.