Temovate Cream Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 23, 2022.
Apply a thin layer of TEMOVATE E® (clobetasol propionate emollient cream) Emollient, 0.05% to the affected skin areas twice daily and rub in gently and completely (see INDICATIONS AND USAGE).
TEMOVATE E® Emollient is a super-high potency topical corticosteroid; therefore, treatment should be limited to 2 consecutive weeks, and amounts greater than 50 g/week should not be used.
In moderate to severe plaque-type psoriasis, TEMOVATE E® Emollient applied to 5% to 10% of body surface area can be used for up to 4 weeks. The total dosage should not exceed 50 g/week. When dosing for more than 2 weeks, any additional benefits of extending treatment should be weighed against the risk of HPA suppression. As with other highly active corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control has been achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, reassessment of diagnosis may be necessary. Treatment beyond 4 consecutive weeks is not recommended. Use in pediatric patients under 16 years of age has not been studied.
TEMOVATE E® Emollient should not be used with occlusive dressings.
Frequently asked questions
- Does clobetasol cause hair loss or growth?
- How do you apply clobetasol propionate for lichen sclerosus?
- How effective is it for hair growth?
- How long does it take to work?
- What is clobetasol propionate cream used for?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- What causes Plaque Psoriasis?
- Can you use clobetasol on your face?
- Clobetasol vs. triamcinolone - how do they compare?
- Can this drug make you gain weight?
- How long does clobetasol stay in your system?
- Can clobetasol be used for toenail fungus?
- Can clobetasol propionate be used for poison ivy?
- How long should you use clobetasol propionate cream for?
More about Temovate (clobetasol topical)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (5)
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: topical steroids
- Latest FDA Alerts (1)
- Drug Information
- Temovate (Advanced Reading)
- Temovate (Clobetasol Cream, Gel, and Ointment)
- Temovate (Clobetasol Solution)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.